PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard gets ejected in 2nd quarter of first preseason game

LTBaByyy
10-05-2013, 10:40 PM
This dude really has problems

Just when you thought he was finally happy and grown up

Pakman
10-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Lol what a surprise.

FOBolous
10-05-2013, 10:46 PM
he shot 7 of 11 from the free throw line tho.

and if you were watching the game, the first T he got was dumb. he didn't say anything. he was just laughing.

JeffG20
10-05-2013, 10:51 PM
was not able to watch but it says he had 1 tech...how did he get ejected?

LTBaByyy
10-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Harden probably Ahhh here we go, preseason or not

Because they had a full roster and lost to the Pelicans without Gordon & Anderson

tredigs
10-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Was going to ask how he put up 19/9/3 in a quarter and a half, but I'm seeing he played 27 minutes. 4th quarter?

Clippersfan86
10-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Preseason or not Rockets didn't look any scarier than last year. Score 115 but play atrocious D to allow a double digit run and lose. I think it will take them one season to really mesh.

Matter.
10-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Have fun Houston

tredigs
10-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Wouldn't rush to judgement based on 20 minutes of preseason play. Especially considering Asik didn't even get in there.

astrosmaniac
10-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Preseason or not Rockets didn't look any scarier than last year. Score 115 but play atrocious D to allow a double digit run and lose. I think it will take them one season to really mesh.

Yep, cause you know the d in the 4th quarter of the first preseason game without any starters in (or asik playing at all) is totally indicative of a teams potential :rolleyes:

Oh and just so everyone knows, per the rockets beat writers Twitter, Dwight didn't get ejected and played into the third quarter (cause it's kinda impossible to play 27 mins in a quarter and a half). This is people hating on Dwight for literally doing nothing.

Chronz
10-05-2013, 11:12 PM

Why would you open yourself up to the inevitable critique that preseason is ultimately meaningless.

AWC713
10-05-2013, 11:17 PM
19/9 with a block, 3 assists...7-11 from the line...ill take that before half

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-05-2013, 11:18 PM

Preseason...

Htownballa1622
10-05-2013, 11:27 PM
He didn't get ejected.

He went 7-11 from the line.

The Rockets starters had the Pelicans down and then they started substituting and ended up losing by 1 as Austin Rivers and Anthony Morrow played into the 4th.

SMH- y'all are really reaching.

And judging the Rox as a squad in the first preseason game?

Only in the NBA forum. :rolleyes:

Htownballa1622
10-05-2013, 11:29 PM
This dude really has problems

Just when you thought he was finally happy and grown up

:yawn:

Not enough news about O.J mayo being as good as Harden or Monta?

Bruno
10-05-2013, 11:29 PM
the bigger news is that he shot well from the foul line. good for him. considering how much the dude gets fouled, if he can find away to flirt with 70%, his lack of a go to move on the box could be half-way forgiven.

DallasTrilla23
10-05-2013, 11:42 PM
LOL all this hate from the 1st preseason game?

mdm692
10-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Do we really need a thread for this? He still played good and his first tech was bs so I don't see how this needs it's own thread.

FOBolous
10-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Do we really need a thread for this? He still played good and his first tech was bs so I don't see how this needs it's own thread.

haters gonna hate. despite the fact that Dwight didn't do anything wrong. a FA left a team after one year? OH THE TRAVESTY!!!

Teeboy1487
10-05-2013, 11:52 PM
the bigger news is that he shot well from the foul line. good for him. considering how much the dude gets fouled, if he can find away to flirt with 70%, his lack of a go to move on the box could be half-way forgiven.

If he can continue to shoot well from the foul line, he will easily get 23 and 10 a night.

shep33
10-05-2013, 11:57 PM
The only think I'll say is that he looks thin. Am I just seeing things? He looked way bigger with Orlando than these past two years

Bostonjorge
10-05-2013, 11:59 PM
He couldn't win in last years pre season either.

Clippersfan86
10-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Chronz I was trolling a bit, going along with OP. I may be impulsive but not after one game of preseason lol. I do believe it will take them a year to figure it out but won't make judgment off of preseason.

numba1CHANGsta
10-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Dwight will never be a Shaq or Kareem, he won't even be a Robinson or Ewing, and Ewing never even won a title.

Stunner
10-06-2013, 12:14 AM
He didn't get ejected .....

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:17 AM
The only think I'll say is that he looks thin. Am I just seeing things? He looked way bigger with Orlando than these past two years

no doubt.

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Dwight didnt get ejected. This thread is just incorrect.

Knick_Fever
10-06-2013, 12:22 AM
He didnt get ejected, the OP was just stoned. Close this thread.

ThuglifeJ
10-06-2013, 12:29 AM

He looks 15 lbs lighter since Orlando. Not sure why he stopped maintaining that physique..

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:30 AM
The only reason the rockets didnt win the game is because they didnt want to. Harden and Howard playe
d well together, but the rest have to catch up. Especially Lin, because Beverley will take over his starting spot. That Dwight and Harden pick n roll is going to be so deadly. I like what i saw out of jones, and monty wasnt as bad as his stats suggest. I also liked Dwight's passing. Also he seems more focused on his FTs, attitude wise.

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:38 AM
He looks 15 lbs lighter since Orlando. Not sure why he stopped maintaining that physique..

Makes sense when you have back surgery.

Clippersfan86
10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Make's me chuckle that so many are like OMG Beverley this and that... yet say the better version of Beverley (Bledsoe) is overrated, can't start blah blah blah. Same people calling for Beverley to start on a contender.

shep33
10-06-2013, 12:45 AM
The only reason the rockets didnt win the game is because they didnt want to. Harden and Howard playe
d well together, but the rest have to catch up. Especially Lin, because Beverley will take over his starting spot. That Dwight and Harden pick n roll is going to be so deadly. I like what i saw out of jones, and monty wasnt as bad as his stats suggest. I also liked Dwight's passing. Also he seems more focused on his FTs, attitude wise.

True, but we should also mention that Gordon and Anderson didn't play for the Pelicans today. Also they have no center. But still, P&R with Dwight should be the bread and butter of that offense.

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Make's me chuckle that so many are like OMG Beverley this and that... yet say the better version of Beverley (Bledsoe) is overrated, can't start blah blah blah. Same people calling for Beverley to start on a contender.

Im not sure if you're refering to my post, but i never said bledsoe was overrated. Also its kind of stupid to say he cant "start on a contender". It really depends on the team. If you dont have a Lebron or James Harden, you're not going to succeed with a Chalmers, Bledsoe or Beverly as your primary ball handler. Chalmers would probably rank bottom 5-7 in the league in terms of starters at the pg position yet the heat just pulled off a repeat.

MrfadeawayJB
10-06-2013, 12:51 AM

I wonder how isiah cannon is doing over there. I've seen him play in person for 4 years and I think he's a hidden gem who could eventually outplay both Lin and Beverly

FlashBolt
10-06-2013, 12:53 AM

Im not sure if you're refering to my post, but i never said bledsoe was overrated. Also its kind of stupid to say he cant "start on a contender". It really depends on the team. If you dont have a Lebron or James Harden, you're not going to succeed with a Chalmers, Bledsoe or Beverly as your primary ball handler. Chalmers would probably rank bottom 5-7 in the league in terms of starters at the pg position yet the heat just pulled off a repeat.

Idk about you but Chalmers is a very good PG. For what he has to do, playing a PG with two dominant ball players, he sure knows when to turn the switch on. Oh, he's also one of the clutchest players in NBA.

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:56 AM
True, but we should also mention that Gordon and Anderson didn't play for the Pelicans today. Also they have no center. But still, P&R with Dwight should be the bread and butter of that offense.

Also Tyreke got injured and Holiday fouled out. No doubt they have a long way to go, but i saw the rest of the team making a lot of mistakes. Dwight and Harden played well IMO. Lin was lost on defense, and turned the ball over a lot.
I like the Pelican's rookie center that went undrafted in 2010. I cant remember his name, but hes 6'9 275 pounds of muscle and he looks like hes going to be a good defender. Jason Smith sucks. They need to find a center, and avoid putting Davis at that position.

shep33
10-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Also Tyreke got injured and Holiday fouled out. No doubt they have a long way to go, but i saw the rest of the team making a lot of mistakes. Dwight and Harden played well IMO. Lin was lost on defense, and turned the ball over a lot.
I like the Pelican's rookie center that went undrafted in 2010. I cant remember his name, but hes 6'9 275 pounds of muscle and he looks like hes going to be a good defender. Jason Smith sucks. They need to find a center, and avoid putting Davis at that position.

An Asik for Anderson trade would make sense for both teams I think. I think your talking about the Syracuse center Onuaku. Dude is massive lol, pure muscle.

But yeah, Harden + Dwight should be fine. I'd almost start Beverely over Lin, so much better defensively.

5ass
10-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Idk about you but Chalmers is a very good PG. For what he has to do, playing a PG with two dominant ball players, he sure knows when to turn the switch on. Oh, he's also one of the clutchest players in NBA.

Thats what im saying. He's good for his role, but force him into a primary ball handler and he becomes not starting material. I can easily name 20 PGs better than him.

5ass
10-06-2013, 01:02 AM
An Asik for Anderson trade would make sense for both teams I think. I think your talking about the Syracuse center Onuaku. Dude is massive

ya onuaku. I see him getting minutes this season. Maybe this seasons Greg Smith or Ivan Johnson. If they dont make that Asik trade he should challenge Smith and push him out of the rotation.

shep33
10-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Still shocked at how thin he looks. I understand his back injury was pretty significant, but it was like 1.5 years ago right?

I wonder if he'll ever be the same specimen he was in Orlando. Either way, he's the best center in the NBA, but that massive broad shouldered behemoth might never return. That dude was spectacular to watch.

shep33
10-06-2013, 01:07 AM
ya onuaku. I see him getting minutes this season. Maybe this seasons Greg Smith or Ivan Johnson. If they dont make that Asik trade he should challenge Smith and push him out of the rotation.

Yeah, hopefully they keep him on board. I think they have Stiemsma, but he's not very good. I agree, they really don't have a huge need for Smith with Anderson and Davis both being PF's really.

Would've been interesting to see Oden go there, but oh well. They're a solid center and maybe a year away from the playoffs, but things are looking good for them

king4day
10-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Geez, it's a preseason game and people act like it's the playoffs

5ass
10-06-2013, 01:10 AM
Yeah, hopefully they keep him on board. I think they have Stiemsma, but he's not very good. I agree, they really don't have a huge need for Smith with Anderson and Davis both being PF's really.

Would've been interesting to see Oden go there, but oh well. They're a solid center and maybe a year away from the playoffs, but things are looking good for them

Ya, but it could've been better. I would've loved to see Noel play alongside Davis. They would've still sucked enough this year to get a decent lottery pick and take off in 2014-2015.

Clippersfan86
10-06-2013, 01:10 AM

Naw not you. Just the general opinion of Beverley seems to be very high. On Rockets forums most want him to start over Lin.

shep33
10-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Ya, but it could've been better. I would've loved to see Noel play alongside Davis. They would've still sucked enough this year to get a decent lottery pick and take off in 2014-2015.

True. Just imagine like Wiggins or Parker on that squad... That's like OKC 2.0

Teeboy1487
10-06-2013, 01:13 AM
What has happened to Lin?

5ass
10-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Naw not you. Just the general opinion of Beverley seems to be very high. On Rockets forums most want him to start over Lin.

I think it has more to do with Lin ****ing up. He gets lost on defense, and he turns the ball over a lot at times. If Beverley can show he has a more consistent jumpshot than Lin, you start Beverley for sure. Bring Lin off the bench and play him when Harden is off the floor.

5ass
10-06-2013, 01:17 AM
True. Just imagine like Wiggins or Parker on that squad... That's like OKC 2.0

and they have no legit SF or C. Their 5 best players are: Holiday, Tyreke, Gordon, Anderson and Davis. In order for them to play together 2 of them must play out of position.

FOBolous
10-06-2013, 01:26 AM
What has happened to Lin?

nothing. he had 11 pts on 4 of 7 shooting, 4 assists, and 3 steals in 19 minutes of play. and yes, he had 4 TOs. he has a weaknesses like every other player in the NBA.

Avenged
10-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Not surprised... But it is just preseason.

5ass
10-06-2013, 01:34 AM
some1 shoul really change the title.

IKnowHoops
10-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Wait till the regular season to start hating at least.

Asik's better
10-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Starters played well, it was the bench that lost us the match. But the defense off the bench will be so much better with Garcia and asik returning

sagemania
10-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Harden probably Ahhh here we go, preseason or not

Because they had a full roster and lost to the Pelicans without Gordon & Anderson

Are you stupid or are you acting this way?. In the last quarter the Rockets ran with Cannan, Covington, Casspi, Brewer and DMO. Cannan is a rookie who wil be relegated to the D as will Covington, Brewer will get cut and Dmo was terrible. The Rockets starters outscored the Pelicans scorers by over 15 when they were on the court. It was the 3rd unit of the Rockets going up against the Pelicans first unit in the 4th with the Rockets having a 8 point lead at the start of the third. It was allways going to happen after McHale rested Dwight, Harden, Parsons, Lin,Beverly and Jones in the 4th.

BTW, the Rockets were missing Asik and Garcia two integral parts.

goku
10-06-2013, 03:33 AM
He didn't get ejected though ................................

nyyfan4life
10-06-2013, 04:30 AM

Probably because he might end up being a better fit given his apparent "3 and D" skills.

YoungOne
10-06-2013, 05:47 AM
he shot 7 for 11 from the line one night and you take that as a positive sign already? :D

D-Leethal
10-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Why would you open yourself up to the inevitable critique that preseason is ultimately meaningless.

Its meaningless for the fact your record doesn't matter or affect anything but that doesn't mean everything that happens in the games is meaningless and gives you zero indication of what may happen during the season. The final score doesn't matter but the things that happen during the games usually do. Everyone said this about the Lakers last year when they went winless in the preseason and the same issues you saw on the court carried over into the regular season - they usually do.

b@llhog24
10-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Wait till the regular season to start hating at least.

This.

Its meaningless for the fact your record doesn't matter or affect anything but that doesn't mean everything that happens in the games is meaningless and gives you zero indication of what may happen during the season. The final score doesn't matter but the things that happen during the games usually do. Everyone said this about the Lakers last year when they went winless in the preseason and the same issues you saw on the court carried over into the regular season - they usually do.

It's still not that serious. For every example that you give of a team/player underperforming, their will be a converse answer for players overachieving. That's like thinking Dwight's gonna shoot this well from the free throw line cause he went 7/11.

What did he get ejected for anyway?

Htownballa1622
10-06-2013, 03:03 PM
This.

It's still not that serious. For every example that you give of a team/player underperforming, their will be a converse answer for players overachieving. That's like thinking Dwight's gonna shoot this well from the free throw line cause he went 7/11.

What did he get ejected for anyway?

He didn't get ejected. OP is trolling.

astrosmaniac
10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
And as stated earlier, the run he's talking about happened with Canaan and Covington (probably d-league this year), d-mo, casspi, and brewer on the court. It was 3rd stringers versus first, how is that any indication about what will happen with starters in during the regular season?

D-Leethal
10-06-2013, 03:44 PM
And as stated earlier, the run he's talking about happened with Canaan and Covington (probably d-league this year), d-mo, casspi, and brewer on the court. It was 3rd stringers versus first, how is that any indication about what will happen with starters in during the regular season?

I didn't watch the game. I was responding to his post which basically said anything that happens in preseason is ultimately meaningless. Thats not true. I wasn't saying Houston is going to suck because of this game, but I really don't think they are going to be anywhere near as good as some people are hyping up right now. I see about 48-49 wins - not 55-56 that some are stating.

RollingWave
10-07-2013, 05:27 AM
He got called a personal tech for laughing at the refs after a call, which by that standard we should probably just shoot tech free throw all game long every time someone make some sort of emotion at a call (which is like every call, funny you don't get called for arguing / frowning at a call but gets called for laughing.)

He then got called 2 team tech for something new they're trying this year, delay of game, aka you can not touch the basketball after your team makes a bucket. even if you pass it to the other team to make the game go faster it's a "delay of game " genius rule there NBA :clap:. Anyway, he got called twice on that, which were team fouls so no he didn't get ejected. but he did sat for the rest of the game.

Now this is a tech, though a hilarious one.

http://i.minus.com/ibzW4LeLuR2Z2U.gif

DallasTrilla23
10-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Beverly was harassing the crap out of Jrue. He stole the ball from him 4 times in 5 minutes and made him foul out

c.c.
10-07-2013, 08:28 AM
I was expecting haters but not this soon lol, close this bs

IndyRealist
10-07-2013, 03:11 PM
So....explain again how he got ejected in the 2nd quarter when he playd 27 mins? There's only 24 mins in a half.

goku
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
if the Mavericks had gotten D12 he would not have made a thread like this and when does Preseason even matter I see people in this thread judging them after the first preseason game lol some of yall are just finding ways to hate at least wait till January

goku
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
So....explain again how he got ejected in the 2nd quarter when he playd 27 mins? There's only 24 mins in a half.

Troll thread

Goose17
10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
1. What an awful attempt at trolling.

2. Even if it was true, who cares, it's preseason. Anyone that judges a team before they've played at least 10 regular season games is an idiot. Predictions are one thing, making a final decision about a team this early? Foolish.

John Walls Era
10-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Op being a moron. Dwight was playing in the 3rd.

I Rock Shaqs
10-08-2013, 09:33 PM
1. What an awful attempt at trolling.

2. Even if it was true, who cares, it's preseason. Anyone that judges a team before they've played at least 10 regular season games is an idiot. Predictions are one thing, making a final decision about a team this early? Foolish.

Why 10 lol why not 11 or 12?

JordansBulls
10-10-2013, 12:06 AM
As long as this doesn't happen in the regular season I am ok with it.

sunsfan88
10-10-2013, 02:38 AM
So many people rooting for HOU to fail.

I think they have almost replaced Miami as most hated team in NBA.