PDA

View Full Version : NBA Re-Draft Playoffs: Looneyville (1) vs Albuquerque (8)

Sadds The Gr8
10-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

LOONEYVILLE HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

Looneyville Depth Chart:

Ty Lawson/Brandon Knight
Wesley Matthews/Ronnie Brewer
Wilson Chandler/Mike Miller/Draymond Green
Carlos Boozer/Reggie Evans/Jeff Pendergraph
Dwight Howard/Ryan Hollins

Albuquerque Depth Chart:

C: Anderson Varajao/Ian Mahinmi
PF: Kenneth Faried/Darrell Arthur
SF: Andre Iguadola/Terrence Ross/Landry Fields
SG: Gerald Henderson/Ben Gordon/Alexey shved
PG: Kyrie Irving/Marquis Teague

KnicksorBust
10-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Looneyville.

Albuquerque has great pieces and I love their D but lacks enough scoring to compete with Looneyville.

TrueFan420
10-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Albuquerque is a very nice squad and would have ranked them higher than 8. They lose out in this only because iggy legit d is wasted with no wing to mark and just a little bit more scoring could have made the difference

SugeKnight
10-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Upset city. Irving is the best player on the court. Varajaos motor will keep Dwight frustrated. Boozer has been trash for a couple years now. Lawson is great at getting to the rim but abq will have iggy on him during some stretches. This is a terrible matchup for looneyville. Albuquerque in 6!!!

Shammyguy3
10-06-2013, 02:37 AM
Did you just say Irving's better than Dwight?

Sportfan
10-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Nice writeup guys

ALBQ is reallyyyyyyyyyy underrated i had them 3rd or 4th in my rankings. This might be Looney's toughest matchup tbh (after Staten Island if they reach) I ****ing love Faried and Vaj together, they are tough SOB's, that is a deadly combo against any team. I think collectively they could really expose Boozer and Dwight. Boozer tends to fail in the postseason anyway, plus I assume Iggy will be defending him in stretches.

Iggy and Kyrie over Chandler and Lawson are pretty sizable differences as well.

SugeKnight
10-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Did you just say Irving's better than Dwight?
Yup. Over the past year it hasn't been close really

SugeKnight
10-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Looneyvilles team can not match up with Albuquerques speed and pace. Varajao and faried would beat boozer and Howard every time down the floor and Kyrie would be getting them layups all series

Sadds The Gr8
10-06-2013, 05:08 PM
bump

DR_1
10-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Upset city. Irving is the best player on the court. Varajaos motor will keep Dwight frustrated. Boozer has been trash for a couple years now. Lawson is great at getting to the rim but abq will have iggy on him during some stretches. This is a terrible matchup for looneyville. Albuquerque in 6!!!

This. No way Albuquerque loses this series in real life.

SugeKnight
10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Literally the only advantage Looneyville has is Dwight over Varejao, and I dont think you can count on Dwight to carry you looking at his recent play

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 03:54 AM
This. No way Albuquerque loses this series in real life.

Watch. I can do that too. There is no way Looneyville loses this series in real life.

Literally the only advantage Looneyville has is Dwight over Varejao, and I dont think you can count on Dwight to carry you looking at his recent play

So Dwight wouldn't dominate Andy V? The last time Andy played was damn near 10 months ago. At least Dwight played through his back problems.:shrug:

SugeKnight
10-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Watch. I can do that too. There is no way Looneyville loses this series in real life.

So Dwight wouldn't dominate Andy V? The last time Andy played was damn near 10 months ago. At least Dwight played through his back problems.:shrug:

When was the last time Dwight dominated anyone? :shrug:

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 12:53 PM
If you average 17/12 on 58% from the field over the course of 82 games, you must have dominated somebody. Hell, most players would think 17/12 is dominating their opposition, so there's that too.

SugeKnight
10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
This is a close series bn1f. In a close series do u think Dwight has the mental toughness to carry a team that's only other consistent option is Lawson? Not to mention Dwight will be clogging the lane for Ty all series, who has a very streaky j.

Howard's numbers obviously aren't what they were in Orlando. He's not going to be putting up the points he needs to to carry this team. Do u trust Hollins to back him up?

People are talking about Albuquerques scoring, but looneyville's is worse and revolves all around Lawson who isn't as good a scorer as Kyrie

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Boozer is a consistent 16/10 as well. So there is 3 consistent options with Wesley and Wilson both having the ability to catch fire. Oh, and Brandon Knight off the bench is nice as well scoring wise. There is PLENTY of scoring around him.

SugeKnight
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Boozer is a consistent 16/10 as well. So there is 3 consistent options with Wesley and Wilson both having the ability to catch fire. Oh, and Brandon Knight off the bench is nice as well scoring wise. There is PLENTY of scoring around him.

Boozer has been consistently bad

Shammyguy3
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Albuquerque is one of the best 8 seeds ever assembled, but I seriously think people are underrated this Looneyville team. As a 1 seed, they're underwhelming sure, but they would still beat this Albuquerque unit.

SugeKnight
10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Albuquerque is one of the best 8 seeds ever assembled, but I seriously think people are underrated this Looneyville team. As a 1 seed, they're underwhelming sure, but they would still beat this Albuquerque unit.
Thanks shammy. I disagree though

Sadds The Gr8
10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I dont think both the #1 seeds are that good. There's alot of balance in the teams this year.

DR_1
10-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Boozer has been statistically signifigant, but he's never been there when the Bulls needed him the most. Why didn't he step up the past few times the Bulls were eliminated? He is an average scorer. Who will score for you in the 4th? Dwight? All we'd need to do is send him to the free throw line. Lawson? We can put Iggy on him. I don't see anyone on your team keeping up with Kyrie in the clutch at all.

Also, if you are counting on Brandon Knight for bench scoring, that says a lot. People say we will have problems scoring, but I have yet to see where Loonyville is going to get a huge offensive attack from.

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Boozer has been statistically signifigant, but he's never been there when the Bulls needed him the most. Why didn't he step up the past few times the Bulls were eliminated? He is an average scorer. Who will score for you in the 4th? Dwight? All we'd need to do is send him to the free throw line. Lawson? We can put Iggy on him. I don't see anyone on your team keeping up with Kyrie in the clutch at all.

Also, if you are counting on Brandon Knight for bench scoring, that says a lot. People say we will have problems scoring, but I have yet to see where Loonyville is going to get a huge offensive attack from.

Let's just go ahead and check their PPG from last season, shall we?

Dwight Howard - 17.1 PPG
Ty Lawson - 16.7 PPG
Carlos Boozer - 16.2 PPG
Wesley Matthews - 14.8 PPG
Wilson Chandler - 13.0 PPG
Brandon Knight - 13.3 PPG

And all those players WILL play (at the minimum) the same minutes each game they did last season. Now keep in mind that right there is already 91.1 PPG from our top 6 players, and all but Brandon did that on winning teams. We have 3 players who are capable #1 options (Dwight, Ty, and Booz) considering Boozer was the top option for the Bulls all last year.

Now where is your scoring supposed to come from exactly? Outside of Iggy and Faried, your other starters were on bottom feeders last season. And outside of Kyrie, you have no other scorers. Iggy, Faried, and Andy V aren't scorers and Gerald has only done so on the Charlotte Bobcats. He wouldn't do it on a winning team.

KnicksorBust
10-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Damn 14-14 looks like the count unless there are illegal votes?

KnicksorBust
10-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Really not trying to pump up Looneyville here (because they may be my 2nd round opponent) but don't see how people can be so enamored with Albuquerque a team that will struggle to get to 85 points. I love defense as much as the next guy but they would be relying on an unproven Kyrie to pull a superhuman Chris Paul (hornets version) performance. And even CP3 had trouble with that...

The_Jamal
10-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Thought I had voted in this match-up...

And Im surprisingly torn between these two teams. Kyrie is perfectly capable of being 20+ PPG while Vaj, Faried, Henderson, and Iggy are all capable of being 10+ PPG players on any given night. So I don't think the offense struggles all too much.

What I do worry about is the Post defense with Alb. Howard is a tough cover for Vaj coming off injury and Faried is actually not a good defender, although his perception is that he is.

The_Jamal
10-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Let's just go ahead and check their PPG from last season, shall we?

Dwight Howard - 17.1 PPG
Ty Lawson - 16.7 PPG
Carlos Boozer - 16.2 PPG
Wesley Matthews - 14.8 PPG
Wilson Chandler - 13.0 PPG
Brandon Knight - 13.3 PPG

And all those players WILL play (at the minimum) the same minutes each game they did last season. Now keep in mind that right there is already 91.1 PPG from our top 6 players, and all but Brandon did that on winning teams. We have 3 players who are capable #1 options (Dwight, Ty, and Booz) considering Boozer was the top option for the Bulls all last year.

Now where is your scoring supposed to come from exactly? Outside of Iggy and Faried, your other starters were on bottom feeders last season. And outside of Kyrie, you have no other scorers. Iggy, Faried, and Andy V aren't scorers and Gerald has only done so on the Charlotte Bobcats. He wouldn't do it on a winning team.

Well, for starters, you can't just add PPG. That's just silly.

Next, Boozer and Ty are not capable #1 options. Denver was a score by committee and Chicago was one of the worst offenses in the league. Even then, I'd say Nate Robinson was the most important PPG guy for that team.

And you're completly off-base saying Henderson couldn't score on a winning team. He put up surprisingly strong numbers for such a god-awful team. I have no problem relying on Henderson as a #3-#4 type option who can create for himself.

DR_1
10-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Bump! Let's get Albuquerque one more vote!

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Any last minute votes?

DR_1
10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
BN1F and PHLP, props on putting together a great team. This was a really fun series and I hope to see you guys in the Playoffs in the future.

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 07:43 PM
What do we do since "cooper!" only has 30 posts? Doesn't his vote not count?

DR_1
10-07-2013, 07:44 PM

You have an under-100 poster as well, jstone.

AI
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM

Both sides had a vote under 100. Result is the same, ABQ wins by 1 vote.

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow. 94 posts and it won't count. That's ****ing dumb:laugh2:

I don't understand how a team who would average 65 PPG on a good day would beat us, but good luck in the future.

DR_1
10-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Wow. 94 posts and it won't count. That's ****ing dumb:laugh2:

I don't understand how a team who would average 65 PPG on a good day would beat us, but good luck in the future.

Bitter much? :laugh2:

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Not really. It's the truth. But good luck nonetheless.

DR_1
10-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Not really. It's the truth. But good luck nonetheless.

Obviously disagree, but thank you :)

You're a good GM

SugeKnight
10-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Aye BN1F phlp, good series I love u guys. Really great team, great job GMing that team. Let's hope it was the champs that came out this series ;)

DR_1 I see u

BullsNumber1Fan
10-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Obviously disagree, but thank you :)

You're a good GM

Aye BN1F phlp, good series I love u guys. Really great team, great job GMing that team. Let's hope it was the champs that came out this series ;)

DR_1 I see u

Good luck guys

Sadds The Gr8
10-07-2013, 11:07 PM
holy **** an upset just happened?

DR_1
10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
holy **** an upset just happened?

:laugh2:

BullsNumber1Fan
10-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I demand a recount! All my posters have 100 posts. We're doing this like George W Bush and his election. RECOUNT!