PDA

View Full Version : NBA Re-Draft Playoffs: Cincinnati (1) vs Bronx (8)

Sadds The Gr8
10-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

CINCINNATI HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE.

Cincinnati Depth Chart:

PG: Chris Paul | Luke Ridnour
SG: Bradley Beal | Jason Richardson | Jordan Crawford
SF: Jared Dudley | Evan Turner
PF: Al Horford | Antawn Jamison
C: Jonas Valanciunas | Greg Stiemsma | Ronny Turiaf

Bronx Depth Chart:

PG Mario Chalmers / Steve Blake / Cory Joseph
SG Kobe Bryant / Rip Hamilton / James Anderson
SF Andrei Kirilenko / Austin Daye
PF Jason Thompson / Al Harrington
C Al Jefferson / Gustavo Ayon

Sadds The Gr8
10-05-2013, 07:07 PM
mods please sticky

KnicksorBust
10-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Maybe I've had too many beers tonight but Bronx matches up well with Cincy. :laugh:

No writeups is ridiculous.

KnicksorBust
10-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Would love to see Kobe on CP3 at the end of close games.

Sadds The Gr8
10-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe I've had too many beers tonight but Bronx matches up well with Cincy. :laugh:

No writeups is ridiculous.

looks like both teams sort of "knew the outcome" but if I were Bronx I still woulda tried because anything can happen with Kobe in these games.

DR_1
10-05-2013, 08:57 PM
MBT didn't do a writeup? :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
10-05-2013, 09:13 PM
looks like both teams sort of "knew the outcome" but if I were Bronx I still woulda tried because anything can happen with Kobe in these games.

Still in the generic way of voting they win 3 positions and have a good defensive player to put on their opponents best player. That's more than a puncher's chance.

Sportfan
10-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I have failed to see the "wow" factor out of Cincy. They win this is 5 but watch out next round

Raps08-09 Champ
10-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Got stacks like Jonas Valanciunas.

unleashthebeast
10-06-2013, 02:06 AM
This would be a much better series than the seedings would expect. I would like to hear something from both GMs before I vote, but this matchup is pretty interesting. Leaning Cincy now though

Sadds The Gr8
10-06-2013, 05:08 PM
bump

mightybosstone
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I'll be honest, guys. Between this being the fourth straight game in the last few months and the long delay between the end of the draft and the start of the playoffs, I'm just burnt out. I saw that the playoff matchups were going to be posted, but I was busy this weekend and just didn't feel like typing something up. Normally I would never do that, but I just didn't have any ****s left to give.

Congrats to PK and company for building a good team. I do think our squad would have competed, though. Their frontcourt defensively would be a weakness for them, and I think Big Al would give them just as many fits as Horford would have given us. Hell, looking at their head-to-head numbers, one could argue that Jefferson has had an edge in those matchups in the past: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jeffeal01&p2=horfoal01

Throw in an elite help defender in Kirilenko and one of the most clutch offensive players in the history of the league, and I think our squad could easily have won it. I also think their squad is a tad overrated. They're way too dependent on young, inexperienced guys like Valanciunas and Beal, whereas our squad has plenty of deep postseason experience.

Despite both teams' lack of a writeup, I'm genuinely surprised this wasn't closer. You're talking about two top 10 players with similarly talented supporting casts, and our squad clearly has the edge experience-wise. For the people who voted for Cincinatti, I'd kind of like to hear the reasoning why.