PDA

View Full Version : The Unknown that is Derrick Rose & the Chicago Bulls: What to expect from The Return

Il Mago50
10-05-2013, 11:16 AM
With the season starting in about a month, the biggest question to most of us probably isn't whether Danny Granger can regain his role as the star of the Indiana Pacers nor is it whether we'll ever get to hear one of Bill Walton's patented "throw it down big man, throw it down!".

It's Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls.

Last season, the fact that the Bulls rotation was a short as it was meant heavy minutes for especially Joakim Noah and Luol Deng. Predictably, both battled injuries and/or inefficiencies due to the wear and tear on their bodies.

Now with Rose returning, what do you expect from this team going forward?

More specifically, what does anyone expect from the return of the 2010-2011 NBA MVP?

Do we think he'll come back like Amare did years ago with a refined offensive game due to the time he spent in the gym to provide a fallback in case he never quite reaches his old self from a physical department? Do we expect him to return as the player he was or one similar but a half step slower?

Discuss.

I've written an article on the matter that I honestly think you guys would really enjoy, follow the link if you want to read it I've been getting good feedback on it and it's got a few laughs sprinkled in like my usual work.

http://gambleguru.sportsblog.com/post/259817/the_red_knight_rises_the.html

Pacerlive
10-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I expect a lot of rust so maybe that is why you are calling him the red night?

Seriously though I think it will take around 20 games for him to get into some form but I fully expect bulls fans to overreact in the preseason if he plays poorly or great.

Stunner
10-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I expect a lot of rust so maybe that is why you are calling him the red night?

Seriously though I think it will take around 20 games for him to get into some form but I fully expect bulls fans to overreact in the preseason if he plays poorly or great.

We won't overreact

Cal827
10-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I think they'll bring him in slowly, and I think PSD will be in outrage (either some Bulls fans, or people writing him off very quickly as in "He'll never be the same" after a handful of games)

They have a fairly balanced Roster, and they have a guy who can Start games if need be at PG.

I think he'll get back to being more like Rose towards the All-Star Break.... Might get in the AS game, for the sake that people are happy to see him back.

If he gets back into form by then, then the EC should be a little worried.

PurpleLynch
10-05-2013, 01:54 PM
He'll take his time before playing heavy minutes. And he's right,he's smart and he knows well his body. Hope in a great comeback,I miss his highlights! Anyway he'll have an ok first half of the season,we'll see after 30 games how he'll handle the Pg position,but I think he will be okay.

Can he return to his usual playstyle? I don't know,a lot of explosivness can go away with an injury like that,but take a look to Blake Griffin:he stayed out a year with a bad injury,but he did a very strong comeback.

Stunner
10-05-2013, 02:02 PM
I honestly don't think it will take him that long to get into his groove . It's been more than a year , he's been pushing his knee hard already all off season so I think his confidence is back by the sound of him . He has pre season to get his feet wet and by the opener I think he will be close to his old self production wise . It would take him a lot longe of he was just returning 6 months after surgery but that's not the case . Rose already stated he doesn't want any restrictions

Stunner
10-05-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/#/video/2013/10/05/10513BULLSPACERSDROSEPREGMAEBull-2611530

Stunner
10-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Its time !!!!!

Stunner
10-05-2013, 10:08 PM
http://youtu.be/QWqL825e0cQ

bearadonisdna
10-05-2013, 10:42 PM
http://youtu.be/QWqL825e0cQ

The return.

Cool007
10-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Just saw the game. D-Rose looked pretty explosive out there and he also had a nice dunk there as well. Good to see him out there. He looked pretty much the same player that he was before injury (other than rust).

I really don't think it will take him that much time to be back to his oldself completely. I give it about first few weeks of the season but I don't think it will take too long.

Watch out NBA. He is BACK!!! With him, I think Bulls will be 2nd best in the NBA.