PDA

View Full Version : The Summer All Star Games You Didn't Know About

Clippersfan86
10-04-2013, 12:24 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1795666-the-all-star-games-youve-never-heard-about

"The facility is real nice—breakfast, cold pool, hot tub, you can get taped, Gatorade machine, everything. Why not play pickup in an NBA practice gym against NBA players? Assistant coaches from a lot of teams were in there watching their players play and also looking at free agents. So you could probably go in there and get a (training)-camp invite off of that."

-Bobby Brown

Really interesting read. Playa Vista hosted NBA coaches, players from all teams with full access to every treatment. I wonder if this is illegal though because the executives in the article even admit it's can be used as a recruiting tool. Lebron, CP3, Melo, KD, Harden, Griffin, Kyrie, Lee were the main A listers who participated.

Never heard of anything like this in the NBA.

MrfadeawayJB
10-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Good article. I guess I dont have a problem with this, since its seemingly coming out of the Clippers pockets. If they want to offer it, power to them. However not all teams have the type of $$$ to do this. Because of that it makes it a unfair recruiting tool as you mentioned. I think as long as all current NBA players UNDER CONTRACT with another team get permission from said team, its ok. Example; If Dwight wants to workout and play pick up games there over the summer he needs documentation from the Rockets that its ok with them. (since its in the LAC facility)