PDA

View Full Version : How Many Rings would Melo have if he Played on the Lakers Instead of Kobe?

5ass
10-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Replace rookie kobe with rookie melo.

jerellh528
10-04-2013, 03:07 AM
These what if threads are so stupid. Nobody else reply so this thread can fall into obscurity where it belongs.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-04-2013, 03:26 AM
Assuming Shaq still leaves after the 2004 season, he'd only have 1.

krisxsong
10-04-2013, 04:06 AM
This is so ridiculous. Who knows? There's SO many variables that you have to take into consideration.

krisxsong
10-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Assuming Shaq still leaves after the 2004 season, he'd only have 1.

You can't assume Shaq leaves cause Shaq left due to Kobe.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-04-2013, 04:24 AM
You have to make some assumptions when doing 'what if' scenarios.

setman2000
10-04-2013, 04:46 AM
Who knows. Who cares. Get-A-Life.

xxplayerxx23
10-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Well he would have 3 with shaq lol. Any top notch scorer wins with shaq literally. I do think he would of had a chance with pau and young. Bynum but I'll stick with 3

5ass
10-04-2013, 06:09 AM
I honestly think this is a good question, and dont understand all the *****ing going on in this thread. I think if I can choose anyone to have alongside Melo, it'd be Shaq. Their team would be
Van Exel
Jones
Melo
Campbell/Horry
Shaq

Thats a great supporting cast for them as well.

ldawg
10-04-2013, 06:33 AM
whats up the what if stuff. no one will know the answer its all going to be opinions it wont solve the riddle.

ldawg
10-04-2013, 06:43 AM
I honestly think this is a good question, and dont understand all the *****ing going on in this thread. I think if I can choose anyone to have alongside Melo, it'd be Shaq. Their team would be
Van Exel
Jones
Melo
Campbell/Horry
Shaq

Thats a great supporting cast for them as well.pulling names out the magic hat don't prove anything. Aint that what Lakers thought? how did that turn out? were their not super teams in the pass who did not won jack? Did Payton and Malone won a ring after teaming with shaq and kobe? you just cant play the what if game. Its like you never saw haden on OKC before and you turn round and what if Harden played with KD in OKC instead of ? how many rings would they have gotten? What if Shaq played with Nash? What if Shaq played with Lebron? What if Carter played with Tmac? they would be as good as Jordan and Pippen were. What if, what if is like trying to find how many lick does it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop 1 2 3 the world may never know.

Badluck33
10-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Melo would have won all of the rings.

Even a SuperBowl.

PhillyFaninLA
10-04-2013, 07:31 AM
0 you don't win titles with players like Melo

alexander_37
10-05-2013, 02:31 AM
0, Melo will never win a ring.

bagwell368
10-05-2013, 07:58 AM
1, maybe 2, but due to Shaq, not Mr. Volume.

UPRock
10-05-2013, 08:13 AM
None.

ldawg
10-05-2013, 08:18 AM
how many licks does it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Pierzynski4Prez
10-05-2013, 08:54 AM

You're right. Shaq would've left in 2001 instead.

Goose17
10-05-2013, 09:19 AM
If Lakers Shaq and todays Melo had played with each other, they would have gotten a couple of chips together.

Melo on any other recent Lakers roster? Zero rings.

Dade County
10-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Thank you...

Melo would have 5 rings... I already stated that Lbj would have 10 rings... And Wade would have 8 rings.

Kobe ego is his strength and biggest weakness.

Dade County
10-05-2013, 10:01 AM
how many licks does it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

:laugh2:

FlashBolt
10-05-2013, 11:00 AM

Thank you...

Melo would have 5 rings... I already stated that Lbj would have 10 rings... And Wade would have 8 rings.

Lol. Melo would not have 5 rings.. Shaq was amazing but he wasn't superman. Melo can't create or defend. Kobe despite his cons is still more valuable than melo

Matter.
10-05-2013, 11:05 AM
5ass is just an example of ****ed up people who are obsessed with trying to say LeBron is better then Kobe all time, or its just because Kobe torched his team ..
Psd makes me chuckle at these idiots

ManRam
10-05-2013, 11:08 AM
not as many as kobe, but melo wasn't far behind kobe, if at all, during his first 5 or so years in the league. kobe kinda vaulted onto a level that melo's never approahced afterwards though. he would have won at least 1 or 2 with shaq there, and who knows...maybe he wouldn't have run shaq out of town.

but it's impossible to guess. he wouldn't win as many, but that's really all i got.

Ill21
10-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I can't wait for basketball season to start so we stop seeing threads like this.

MickeyMgl
10-05-2013, 11:46 AM
The correct answer is 0.

xxplayerxx23
10-05-2013, 11:51 AM
5ass is just an example of ****ed up people who are obsessed with trying to say LeBron is better then Kobe all time, or its just because Kobe torched his team ..

Except maybe this will make you chuckle a little more, baring a major injury it's assured that Lebron will pass Kobe all time rather easily

alexander_37
10-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Thank you...

LMAO, not a chance in hell.

5ass
10-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Ur the biggest idiot here because i didnt even mention lebron. I dont have to speak for lebron his accomplishments this season speak for themselves. Lebron is better than kobe, deal with it, and keep that discussion our of this thread. Even at his best kobe was not as dominant as lebron.

3RDASYSTEM
10-05-2013, 12:34 PM
He would have won 3 for sure and seeing he got along with AI he'd have no problem deferring to DIESEL

b@llhog24
10-05-2013, 12:52 PM
2-4.

aTinyPanda
10-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I can't wait for basketball season to start so we stop seeing threads like this.

this times infinity and beyond

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
If the Lakers had traded Kobe for Melo the year Melo was draft, the Lakers would not have won any since.

If Melo had available instead of Kobe in the draft when Kobe was picked, it is likely that the Lakers may have actually won more with Melo, because Melo was NBA ready as a rookie, where as Kobe took a couple of seasons to get efficient, and the Lakers were short a legit sf then and already had two all-Stars in the back court (Eddie Jones and Nick-Van Exel). So... they may have won more in the Shaq years.

That said, there is no doubt that Kobe is > than Melo

Jamiecballer
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
well this is an easy one. 0.

Burkey3472
10-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Not sure if he wins 3 with Shaq but I think he'd win at least 2. I don't think he'd be able to win with Pau/baby Bynum though.

PurpleJesus
10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Shaq would get him a couple, as he would get a couple for any all star caliber Carmelo. Carmelo is a good player, but was never destined for greatness. The better question would be if Vince Carter or T-Mac were rookies with the Lakers, how many championships would those guys have. Those guys had potential for greatness.

TheMightyHumph
10-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Five, maybe six

chitownredbulls
10-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Such an easy answer....none....melo ****ing sucks and will never win a ring....suck it *****es.....haha...it's true though

IndiansFan337
10-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Replace rookie kobe with rookie melo.

They didn't come into the NBA at the same time....So I'm not sure how this can be done.

Kobe already had 3 titles by the time Melo entered the NBA.

Matter.
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM

Ur the biggest idiot here because i didnt even mention lebron. I dont have to speak for lebron his accomplishments this season speak for themselves. Lebron is better than kobe, deal with it, and keep that discussion our of this thread. Even at his best kobe was not as dominant as lebron.

First of all idiot you spark the fire to every argument like that, second of all your idiotic mind would say that because every intelligent person would know Kobe is better then LeBron all time .

Back on topic, Kobe doesn't win without shaq and shaq dosent win without Kobe.

Bruno
10-05-2013, 02:29 PM
not as many as kobe, but melo wasn't far behind kobe, if at all, during his first 5 or so years in the league. kobe kinda vaulted onto a level that melo's never approahced afterwards though. he would have won at least 1 or 2 with shaq there, and who knows...maybe he wouldn't have run shaq out of town.

but impossible to guess. he wouldn't win as many, but that's really all i got.

shaq ran himself out of town. you're slighting shaq when you imply that he was a small enough of a personality/presence to be ran out of anywhere by anybody.

Chronz
10-05-2013, 02:41 PM

Chronz
10-05-2013, 02:44 PM
shaq ran himself out of town. you're slighting shaq when you imply that he was a small enough of a personality/presence to be ran out of anywhere by anybody.
When the presence is Kobe, its easy to get run out of town. Remember, you're talking about a guy so self absorbed he would rather put himself ahead of the team, refuse to listen to reason, dishonor a truce enacted by both the coaching staff and Shaq, and rat Shaq out to the police while also pretending not to have Shaq's number or a way to reach him when asked why he couldn't apologize personally. Kobe could have kept both Shaq and Phil in LA, he chose not to endorse them, in fact, he openly questioned Phil's methods his final year there, which prompted Shaq to ask Phil if he wanted him to get back at him, luckily both Phil and Shaq were mature enough to let it go.

You guys really forget what a scumbag he was.

What did Shaq do? Treat his body (the thing he knows best) how he saw fit? Shaq was kind enough to prop Kobe up throughout their tenure, protect him from vet bullies, and invite him places only to be rejected by the loner.

If Kobe were half as easy to get along with as Shaq was, the duo never splits.

TheMightyHumph
10-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Explain Shaq running himself out of town, Mr. Brown87

b@llhog24
10-05-2013, 04:28 PM
When the presence is Kobe, its easy to get run out of town. Remember, you're talking about a guy so self absorbed he would rather put himself ahead of the team, refuse to listen to reason, dishonor a truce enacted by both the coaching staff and Shaq, and rat Shaq out to the police while also pretending not to have Shaq's number or a way to reach him when asked why he couldn't apologize personally. Kobe could have kept both Shaq and Phil in LA, he chose not to endorse them, in fact, he openly questioned Phil's methods his final year there, which prompted Shaq to ask Phil if he wanted him to get back at him, luckily both Phil and Shaq were mature enough to let it go.

You guys really forget what a scumbag he was.

What did Shaq do? Treat his body (the thing he knows best) how he saw fit? Shaq was kind enough to prop Kobe up throughout their tenure, protect him from vet bullies, and invite him places only to be rejected by the loner.

If Kobe were half as easy to get along with as Shaq was, the duo never splits.

Doesn't get more easy going than Melo.

Chronz
10-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Doesn't get more easy going than Melo.

Thats true, perhaps I underrate how long the duo last and how good Melo was right off the bat. He also has the kind of skillset that is atleast comparable to Kobe's. Hes not quite the playmaker/facilitator Kobe was, and in the triangle that makes a difference but he makes strong reads when in the post and that should be enough to get by offensively. Its more on the other end that I doubt him. Kobe was really vital in defending the diminutive PG's during their run, but this is where history would have to go differently. Had Melo been in Kobe's shoes, they never feel the need to trade Eddie Jones, and he was a great defender who could have filled that job rather easily.

starks99
10-06-2013, 11:04 PM
LOTTA butthurt Kobe stans on here.

I'll play -

Probably about the same through 2002. Shaq probably stays, b/c Melo doesn't have 5% of the ego that Kobe does. They probably make another finals or 2, but doubt they win.

Shaq is THEE reason they won ANYTHING. ON/OFF records show this.

JordansBulls
10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
No way to tell. What years does Melo be on the Lakers? Is 2009 Melo the Melo on the 2000 Lakers?