PDA

View Full Version : Boston Radio Host Hangs Up on Rick Pitino in the Shortest Radio Interview Ever

Shonuff
10-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Not sure if you guys saw this but it't great.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/03/toucher-rich-hang-up-on-rick-pitino-in-shortest-interview-ever/

5ass
10-04-2013, 01:16 AM
lmao

jam
10-04-2013, 02:30 AM
Totally classless and unprofessional. I'll root against the C's this year. They're totally irrelevant anyway.

*Superman*
10-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Lol. that is so messed up. I'd feel like **** if that happened to me.

beasted86
10-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Yup, classless and unprofessional. Didn't find it funny.

Wasted his time slot as he could have used it to do something more important or book a different show.

beasted86
10-04-2013, 06:51 AM
At least have the balls to stay on the phone and hear his response.

PhillyFaninLA
10-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Really stupid good luck booking guests in the future...grow up and way to disrespect your guest and show everyone you might book in the future you don't matter.

But it is funny

tr3ymill3r
10-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it!

phoenix_bladen
10-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Very classless......

What a total loser.

I Rock Shaqs
10-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Very classless......

What a total loser.

Reminds me of something I would do when I was like 7.

Azzacadabra
10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Well could be one reason why I've never heard of them before.

Shonuff
10-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Lol. Rough crowd. That was classless but the guy is hated in New England. I'm not even a C's fan but I can tell you that getting Red Auerbach canned is going to get you this kind of treatment.

beasted86
10-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Lol. Rough crowd. That was classless but the guy is hated in New England. I'm not even a C's fan but I can tell you that getting Red Auerbach canned is going to get you this kind of treatment.

I don't understand what you are saying here. Red was there until he died.

Kashmir13579
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Well could be one reason why I've never heard of them before.

bingo

Rockice_8
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Hope he gets fired for it. We'll see how funny he thinks it is then.

Classless is the only way to describe that.

jp611
10-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Classless... Hope no one books with them anymore and they're fired

Hawkeye15
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
very funny, but unprofessional and good luck getting reputable guests going forward..

SteBO
10-04-2013, 02:46 PM
If you're going to pull a radio prank, it'd better be worth it and funny and what I saw was neither of the two. Simply grilling him w/ the tough questions would've sufficed and it's what the fans would've loved to hear. Pretty unprofessional of them if you ask me.......

tredigs
10-04-2013, 03:15 PM
You could tell in his voice Rick already didn't want to be on the air with them. Guess that expedited it.

jp611
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
That wasn't even close to funny.

Not sure how anyone thinks it is. It reminds me of how I acted when I was 7 or 8 years old and would order like 30 pizzas on a crank call.

Sandman
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Funny because its corny and its a national radio show

probably not funny enough to do that to an a-list guest. they're going to pay dearly for that move.

Kashmir13579
10-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Rick = legend
Radio Hosts = decent paying job
enough said really

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Seeing that Toucher and Rich is probably the most entertaining show up here and they did it to Pitino(who is a real DB himself), I got a bit of a chuckle out of it. I can see why people are a bit upset about it.

I don't understand what you are saying here. Red was there until he died.

He took Red's president spot.

Kashmir13579
10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Put it this way, anyone outside of Boston knows this is a douche move. Boomer and Carton are popular in NY, and as douchey as they can be to their guests, they would never do this.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Put it this way, anyone outside of Boston knows this is a douche move. Boomer and Carton are popular in NY, and as douchey as they can be to their guests, they would never do this.

Oh I think everyone up here can agree that it was a douche move, too. If they did this to any other past or present Boston HC or manager outside of Bobby Valentine, I probably would've thought it was stupid. They also did this to Terrell Owens recently when TO didn't want to answer their questions.

beasted86
10-04-2013, 05:26 PM
He took Red's president spot.

But he said he canned Red which didn't happen... I don't fault Pitino for "demoting" Red to vice president, as it sounds like it was warranted:

In an interview, Auerbach confessed that he lost interest in big-time managing in the early 1990s, preferring to stay in the background and concentrating on his pastimes, racquetball and his beloved cigar-smoking

Pitino was just doing what he thought was necessary. Yeah, he didn't do a good job, but he didn't cripple the franchise, nor did he break his commitment, he was just fired, thats it (IE: Nick Saban; Dolphins). And as far as him getting flack for trading Billups, if you as a fan didn't think Billups was a bust in his Boston/Denver/Minny days you are lying to everyone here. I for sure thought he was a bust.

ztilzer31
10-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Kind of funny, but just stupid. Good luck getting coaches from Boston to ever talk to you again.

koberulesall
10-04-2013, 05:51 PM
that wasn't even that funny, why did they laugh so hard?

king4day
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Glad they aren't my local sports show. I would have been interested in hearing the interview. He's probably not the easiest guest to book. Instead, they falsely advertise who's gonna be on and act like kids.

Like others have been saying, I have a hard time believing many people would be willing to book on their show in the future. The station should start looking for new talent for their time slot.

PurpleJesus
10-05-2013, 01:11 PM
hilarious. some of you guys are acting like they stomped a puppy or something.

J4KOP99
10-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Totally classless and unprofessional. I'll root against the C's this year. They're totally irrelevant anyway.

Yup, classless and unprofessional. Didn't find it funny.

Wasted his time slot as he could have used it to do something more important or book a different show.

Very classless......

What a total loser.

Hope he gets fired for it. We'll see how funny he thinks it is then.

Classless is the only way to describe that.

Wait... you guys are talking about Pitino right? Forget what happened with the Celtics, do we really need to get in to his marital troubles?

JEDean89
10-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Even if Pitino is not the greatest of characters, he has done some extremely impressive things in NCAA and has had success in the nba. For a radio host to disrespect someone who is a Hall of Fame coach like that is indicative of a really messed up person. Lets just say that Radio host is probably x10 worse a person then Pitino and who the **** holds grudges that long in the NBA to the point where you book and hang up on him 13 years later. I mean even if I got Isiah Thomas on the phone, I would still respect the guy because he won 2 NBA championships and has accomplished more than I ever will. I tell you if they actually did hang up on Pitino and didn't just use a soundbite, they are going to have a much harder time booking people. I mean Pitino wasn't getting paid for his time like they were, he was in fact boosting ratings for their show that pays them. Just total classlessness.

Federal Reserve
This sounds like the typical behavior of an Amerifat.

beasted86
What made it totally classless is they didn't have the stones to let him respond.

Okay you booked him, okay you have an opinion of him... why not say what you have to say and then let him respond. That would have been entertainment, instead it just seems childish... insult and then hang up like a little middle school girl.

jam
10-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Typical fat, boorish, dumb, sports talk radio slob.

I don't even listen to sports talk radio any more. The lowest of the low.

MrfadeawayJB
10-06-2013, 09:37 AM
They win championships since he departed so how did he ruin them

Ill21
10-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Nothing funny about that. Very unprofessional.

RipCity32
10-06-2013, 10:50 AM
I thought it was funny but I've always liked that kind of morning talk radio.

bagwell368
10-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Even if Pitino is not the greatest of characters, he has done some extremely impressive things in NCAA and has had success in the nba. For a radio host to disrespect someone who is a Hall of Fame coach like that is indicative of a really messed up person.

I already came out against the hosts on the Celts thread. However from a Boston perspective Pitino is garbage. Celt fans don't care about college hoops except March Madness - maybe. Pitino comes to Boston, takes every title for himself. Take the President title from Red!!! Makes crappy trades (bye bye Billups), cuts the wrong guys, and his entire tenure was a bomb. I don't give a fig about his college career. He sucked here.

Lets just say that Radio host is probably x10 worse a person then Pitino and who the **** holds grudges that long in the NBA to the point where you book and hang up on him 13 years later

You must not be an East Coast fan. I hold grudges, that's what we do. Who cares about Pitino's marital baloney or this host's life. Pitino the Celtic was dog ****, and he should be reminded of it from time to time, and his hookie phrase "winning is a choice" or "Kevin McHale is not walking through that door" were major fails give what he produced (102-146 with no playoff appearances). You love him so much, you have him run your team.

I mean even if I got Isiah Thomas on the phone, I would still respect the guy because he won 2 NBA championships and has accomplished more than I ever will.

Successfully raising a child to responsible adulthood is worth a lot more than two NBA titles.

Just total classlessness.

They are idiots, but you don't get Boston fans, at all. BTW. I'm a sickly old man that is on the cusp of seeing my kind, decent, and bright sons becoming fully functional adults, so I already followed my own advice. And I'll disrespect and dislike Pitino the Celtic until the day I die.