PDA

View Full Version : How much would Bogut command in FA?

SugeKnight
10-03-2013, 08:33 PM
(Kinda a roundabout way of asking how healthy he'll be)

I say he can get at least 13m if he really is 100% #stylezconspiracies [mod please add to tags(no hashtag)]

Scoots
10-03-2013, 08:45 PM
If he's 100% he'll be worth it and the Warriors will do all they can to keep him here.

He was talking about retirement last year so it will be interesting to see if he convinces the Warriors he's the man for a ~$60M investment.

COOLbeans
10-03-2013, 09:05 PM
If he's healthy, yes please..he's a legit top 5 center. But I wanna see him play before speculating on money. At least one game..

COOLbeans
10-03-2013, 09:06 PM
If he's 100% he'll be worth it and the Warriors will do all they can to keep him here.

He was talking about retirement last year so it will be interesting to see if he convinces the Warriors he's the man for a ~$60M investment.

I wouldn't do that. I think a nice 24M over 3 years is appropriate considering..alot of factors

SugeKnight
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I think he will get at least 10 mil, especially after we win that championship this year. Sorta like Tyson

Scoots
10-04-2013, 01:40 AM
If he's 100% there is no way he accepts just a 3 year deal.

bigmac8675
10-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Mucho money... especially if he is mostly healthy this season

likemystylez
10-04-2013, 08:31 AM

That seems a touch high considering he will be 30 by the time his next contract starts. Im thinking 4 yrs at 30-35 million. For Bogut Id like to see a contract with incentives for him to play more games- to keep him properly motivated. I like the way hes acting this year- I want to see this andrew bogut every season. Maybe something like 8 million a year with a 20% bonus for playing 70 games, and a 50% bonus for playing 82 games.

If he doesnt agree to a deal like that- its probably because he would rather get paid to sit out a bunch of games.

Scoots
10-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I have no problem with a lot of play and performance bonuses and if he did have a problem with it I'd be suspicious, but if he plays like a top 3 center in the NBA at 29 years old he's not going to have to settle for $8M a year. Right now the top 10 centers in the NBA all make more than $13M (6 of the 10 are as old or older than Bogut), and if he got a 4 year deal with the 4th being an option year starting at $14M the first year the contract would end up being around 4 years at $60.

There is no way, if he's 100% and plays like he supposedly can, that he takes $8M a year ... unless Myers has pictures of him having rough sex with kittens or worse.

COOLbeans
10-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I have no problem with a lot of play and performance bonuses and if he did have a problem with it I'd be suspicious, but if he plays like a top 3 center in the NBA at 29 years old he's not going to have to settle for $8M a year. Right now the top 10 centers in the NBA all make more than $13M (6 of the 10 are as old or older than Bogut), and if he got a 4 year deal with the 4th being an option year starting at $14M the first year the contract would end up being around 4 years at $60.

There is no way, if he's 100% and plays like he supposedly can, that he takes $8M a year ... unless Myers has pictures of him having rough sex with kittens or worse.

Curry got 10 M, is Bogut better than Curry? Has he proven more in the NBA than Curry? I'd say no.

This team is built with high character guys (in the new CBA unlike the other centers mentioned),

and considering his major injury concerns, not playing consistently, and lack of team or frequent individual accolades, if he wants to be the highest paid player on the team or he walks, then let him walk..

bgdreton
10-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Beans you know that all big men get paid better than guards. I mean look doesnt deandre Jordan make like 11 mill a year is he better than curry?

Scoots
10-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Curry took the $11M per year average contract because he didn't have a history of being healthy ... the $60M was based on him being 100% this year. If the Ws were negotiating with Curry this year don't you think his deal would go up?

COOLbeans
10-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Beans you know that all big men get paid better than guards. I mean look doesnt deandre Jordan make like 11 mill a year is he better than curry?

true, but in cases like Jordan or Chandler, their contracts were garnered during the old CBA. in now way, should a fiscally responsible franchise like the Warriors pay Bogut more than David Lee. We all see how inflexible we've been with Lee, and a contract spanning more than 3 or 4 years for Bogut would be asinine.

COOLbeans
10-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Curry took the $11M per year average contract because he didn't have a history of being healthy ... the $60M was based on him being 100% this year. If the Ws were negotiating with Curry this year don't you think his deal would go up?

Doesn't Bogut have more injury concerns than Curry?? Lets see how he does this year and reevaluate. If he's dominant and healthy (playing on Marc Gasol's level or better, then hes worth more than 10M).

Scoots
10-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Agreed.

$14M may be high, but if he's dominant he'll get paid.

There are so many great PGs right now I expect it's driving their value down a bit. C and SG are the tough to fill spots at the moment.

Brook Lopez' contract is after the new CBA ... he's younger than Bogut and his team is dumber than the Warriors (I hope) and he got 4 for $60 ... but 3 years later another top C (Bogut) even though he is later in his career getting a similar contract is generally considered a good deal.

I think Bogut will get more than $8, and less than $15 ... but I don't know where in that it will fall. But all of this is ONLY if he's healthy and dominant.

Guppyfighter
10-04-2013, 02:42 PM
To see how much Bogut is worth go take a look at David West.

Goose17
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
An entire fleet.

Scoots
10-04-2013, 05:11 PM
And David West is a PF and is 5 years older than Bogut ... also the thread was what would Bogut get as a FA ... he may just be willing to stay with GSW for less than what the open market would pay.

COOLbeans
10-04-2013, 06:00 PM
He should want to stay, I think this is a first class franchise and Bogut knows it

likemystylez
10-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Hes really gonna have to be dominant. In order to make everyone completely forget about his injury past. I mean hes gonna have to be put on the all star team by the coaches, hes gonna have to carry a healthy warriors team to the nba finals. and if there are injuries to other starters he should go out there with green, bazemore and douglas and get us to the confrence finals. Our team is going to have to be wayyyy better with him on the floor. maybe thats what hell have to do to make ME forget about the crap hes pulled the last 2 or 3 yrs.

Goose17
10-05-2013, 09:08 AM
if there are injuries to other starters he should go out there with green, bazemore and douglas and get us to the confrence finals.

LOL! I didn't know we had signed Michael Jordan.

maybe thats what hell have to do to make ME forget about the crap hes pulled the last 2 or 3 yrs.

here we go again...

let it go, Stylez. Nobody cares.

I would like to see a discussion on Bogut that doesn't resort to a Stylez conspiracy rant.

Bogut is the best big man we've had in years, he's exactly what we've been wanting for a long, long time.

likemystylez
10-05-2013, 12:18 PM
LOL! I didn't know we had signed Michael Jordan.

here we go again...

let it go, Stylez. Nobody cares.

I would like to see a discussion on Bogut that doesn't resort to a Stylez conspiracy rant.

Bogut is the best big man we've had in years, he's exactly what we've been wanting for a long, long time.

Ive got the solution, Bogut gets paid per game instead of per year. 150k for every game played including playoffs (assuming he averages over 32 minutes a night). If he plays 100 games 82 reg season + 18 playoff games... he makes 15 million a year. If he plays 54 regular season games and 6 playoff games then he makes 9 million. 60 x 150k= 9,000,000. If he plays 36 games and we miss the playoffs he makes 5.4 million (assuming he averaged over 32 mpg)

I think the incentive is there to keep him motivated to find a way to play (after all it was his choice to shut himself down last year- not he doctors). It also protects the team from getting in an erick dampier situation. If he averages less than 32 mpg just do a straight precentage

For instants- 24 mpg is 75% of 32. so if he plays 50 games at 24 mpg then he makes

.75(50x 150k)= 5.625 million

COOLbeans
10-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure that contract structure would be legal. If it were, we'd probably see it more often.

Goose17
10-05-2013, 02:11 PM
after all it was his choice to shut himself down last year- not he doctors

Which is his right. Who are you to judge? I bet you've never had a sporting injury in your life let alone played through one. He said himself he still came back too early. He wasn't 100%

Being medically cleared to play isn't the same as being 100% healthy. Being medically cleared only means "You can play, if you have to/choose to" it doesn't mean you're not still in a lot of pain or at risk of aggravating the injury.

You need to give up on this. It's really pathetic now. You're not him. You have no idea how much pain he was in and you are in no place to judge. You're a nobody, just another average joe on an internet forum who thinks he knows everything.

I'm tired of your judgmental B.S I would like to see you try and play through an injury in a professional sport, as if playing through the playoffs injured wasn't enough, you expect him to just shut out all feelings of pain and just lead us to a conference final... jesus christ.

This entire conversation is madness.

You should be worshiping the ground this man walks on. Without him, this team sure as hell wouldn't have made it past the first round in the playoffs.

Scoots
10-05-2013, 09:59 PM
This entire conversation is madness.

This.

Wanted free agents would never sign a per game deal ... someone else will pay them guaranteed. It's the way the NBA is. Every contract is a risk, this one would be too. But if Bogut is healthy and he's good and you DON'T keep him ... how do you replace him? You have 80% of a great team and won't be able to win it all because you decided to get cheap at the last minute.

Stylez, I know you like these little games, but you hated Cohan because he wouldn't spend money, then he spent money REALLY stupidly and you hated him for that, then you criticized Lacob for not wanting to go over the tax threshold, and now you are criticizing the idea of maybe over paying for a critical piece of the team. It's not our money, and you've said before that Myers has been able to work magic with moving unwieldy contracts ... I fairly accurately predicted the contract Curry would sign and you were hyper critical of it then. I think in this case it's okay to think that the Warriors front office is going to do their best to get the best deal they can and that if they don't think the risk on Bogut is a good deal they won't take the risk. I didn't want Howard for the Warriors because of the risk (and because we had the potential of Bogut), but I totally understood that the Warriors HAD to go after him because top centers are just WAY too rare.

WestCoastSportz
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
If he stays relatively healthy for the majority of the season (70+) games, I think he could command some good money. He's never been a guy that you can dump the ball in and expect 20 points per game from, so I'd expect his ppg to be right around 12 points to go with 8 rebounds. His value comes on defense and we've seen what kind of money guys like Ben Wallace and Tyson Chandler has received when they were Bogut's age. There is still a shortage of true centers in the league so getting one that can give you even decent number will cost you. After a healthy season, I'd would assume he'd get somewhere close to where he's getting paid now, maybe a tad less like $11-12M.

Chromehounds
10-14-2013, 02:07 PM
10mil a year sounds about right, question now is how many years will Bogut ask for? The W's haven't gotten a good dependable big for so long they might as well pay Bogut.

Goose17
10-14-2013, 02:13 PM
10mil a year sounds about right, question now is how many years will Bogut ask for? The W's haven't gotten a good dependable big for so long they might as well pay Bogut.

Yep^

Scoots
10-14-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't think Bogut will ask for as little as $10M a year, and if he goes through this year healthy and close to the Bogut of 2008 he'll be able to get considerably more than $10M from someone else.

Chromehounds
10-14-2013, 03:46 PM
You think the W's will let him go into FA? If he's half decent, I would bet they will try to lock him up mid season. But then again if Bogut is half decent, he'll test FA. It is his last chance to land a big contract.

Scoots
10-14-2013, 04:23 PM
I think if Bogut is healthy and good the Ws will try to extend him as quick and as cheap as they can, I just don't think his contract, if he makes it to FA (as was the question to start this thread), is going to be as low as $10M per year.

MackShock
10-17-2013, 12:57 AM
thread title changed :)

likemystylez
10-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I think if Bogut is healthy and good the Ws will try to extend him as quick and as cheap as they can, I just don't think his contract, if he makes it to FA (as was the question to start this thread), is going to be as low as $10M per year.

The problem is- bogut saying he is healthy now is not the same thing as him playing a full year like the bogut of 2009.

Its good that hes out there, and he says he is in great shape. he says last year he couldnt really move and this year he can do a lot more on offense. I havent seen many explosive moves so far in pre season (but im hoping he is going easy). Infact- I dont even know if ive seen him dunk it yet. I was hoping I would see some quick decisive drop steps to a dunk or something but he still settles for out of control hook shots on the block. (again its pre season)

Scoots
10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
True, but we were discussing his contract AFTER this season assuming he was healthy ... now the other thread is a contract BEFORE this season. They are wildly different.

Bogut has looked a LOT better, quicker, faster, with better endurance ... but his offensive game is still rustier than the wreck of the Lusitania.

WestCoastSportz
10-18-2013, 03:09 PM
True, but we were discussing his contract AFTER this season assuming he was healthy ... now the other thread is a contract BEFORE this season. They are wildly different.

Bogut has looked a LOT better, quicker, faster, with better endurance ... but his offensive game is still rustier than the wreck of the Lusitania.

Bogut has never been an offensive juggernaut that averaged 20 points a game. He's never had to be the offensive focal point either, so I'm not worried about his offensive game. The most he's averaged in a season is 15.9 ppg. His value comes on the boards, defense and his ability to make passes from the post or from the free throw line. If he can average 12 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks as a center, then he'll be a $10M+ a year player. Those are numbers that are realistic if he can stay healthy (70+ games)

Scoots
10-18-2013, 05:33 PM
I wasn't thinking he'd get 20 a game, I'd be thrilled with an efficient 10.