PDA

View Full Version : Fill In The Blank...

Dade County
10-03-2013, 03:49 PM
If any of these teams (look for teams below), don't make it to their Conference Finals this post season...?

Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Memphis, Houston

Knicks, Pacers, Bulls, HEAT, Nets

I'll start it off...

Spurs:
I don't think their fans will care, & the front office knows that they need to get some younger stars on board for the future (next to Kawhi). Duncan will retire, & pop might sit out a year or two.

OKC:
The media will rear it's ugly head at KD, and his media hype decision will begin. I can see them trying to bring in a low post big that can actually score down low by shopping West or Ibaka.

Clippers:
Media & fans will say, Cp3 couldn't get in done & Blake game still needs to develop. They might try to shop Jordan around, and might try to make a move for Melo.

Memphis:
I honestly think their front office isn't even aiming for a championship this upcoming season. I think they are trying to find the right financial pieces, to stay above the middle of the pack teams (while of course staying under the cap).

Houston:
I think haters of Howard and the media will try to turn it into a big deal, if the Rockets don't make the WCF; but I would see it as, it is not their time right now.

Harden still has to grow, Howard has to refine his offensive game.

(you guys get it)

Bostonjorge
10-03-2013, 04:09 PM
If OKC don't make it the media will attack Durant. Lebron has showed joining up with 2 top players in the league wins u a championship so it's not like Durant don't know about a road to a championship. Durant just needs to leave okc and join cp3 with love. It's that easy.

Cal827
10-03-2013, 04:33 PM
OKC (Especially if Houston goes farther than them.

Durant will start to recognize that the team is in decline (they made the finals a couple years ago, and have the injury excuse last year)

He'll also start to heavily wonder what if the team was willing to spend a little on Harden, and start to think that the owner cares more about money over winning.

I mentioned Houston impacting OKC since its core consists of two guys who could have been members of the Thunder, if the front office decided to make moves.

Next, I would think San Antonio, because I know we keep saying it, but I don't think the team will have a chance at contending past this year (if they can make it through this year).

I would pretty much put the Clippers at the end of the list, because they have their core players locked in for a long time. GS is in a similar situation as well as Indiana.

The other teams in the middle should be fine, b/c they have a lot of upcoming cap room (assuming things go bad e.g. Heat, Knicks) and can decide whether or not they want to go into rebuild mode, or sign guys and contend.

slaker619
10-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Deff Rockets & Clippers after all the moves they made plus they got all that talent to!

Hellcrooner
10-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Rockets and CLippers.

jstone0716
10-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Spurs - Try again next year, sign some more role players, Manu bald spot gets bigger

OKC - Young core, no rush. KD and Russ will keep getting better

Clippers - Trade Blake for a real NBA player. Compete for championship the next year

Memphis - Will continue to hunt for an offensive weapon that isn't a liability to their D

Houston - Need to make a few moves but they have a legit championship core in Harden and Howard

Knicks - Will realize they have absolutely no shot of every winning a ring with the current team. Lets Melo walk, rebuild.

Pacers - Hires assassin to take out Lebron. Turns out LBJ is actually a secret agent and not as easy to kill as initially thought.

Bulls - Let Deng go, sign Derrick Favors and trade Boozer to retool bench

HEAT - Cry and wallow in self pity

Nets - Sign more past their prime Veterans and crumble in playoffs

Dade County
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Deff Rockets & Clippers after all the moves they made plus they got all that talent to!

People are pretty high on the Clips, but I just don't see it. They should have a good year though.

lamzoka
10-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Heat easy. they're the favorite to win it all

Cal827
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't get why people keep picking the Rockets and the Clippers. Can someone explain it to me (I'm not trying to be rude, just asking)? Even if they don't get the the WCF, they have their core locked up for a few years, so with the changes that will be occuring around them (Spurs eventual fall off, Memphis eventual fall off), they look like they might be the future teams to stand out in the conference. It usually takes a little bit of time for teams to get into full chemistry.

The reason I have OKC as most to lose on my list is due to them peaking before. Now, they don't have Harden, and are having cap problems that might interfere with future acquisitions (lost Harden, still in trouble as Perkins is still there lol).

SugeKnight
10-03-2013, 11:29 PM
HEAT, Lebron might leave if they don't even make it to the Finals.

Nets, only getting older. Their window is 2 years max

Spurs, their old too, even though they seem to only get better recently

OKC, Durant will become even more frustrated

DR_1
10-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Heat easily, if they don't make it to the conference finals they lose LeBron.

And stop typing Heat in capital letters. It's dumb and looks really stupid.

Dade County
10-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Heat easily, if they don't make it to the conference finals they lose LeBron.

If the HEAT win it all this upcoming season, Lbj could still leave... It's his life, he owes us HEAT fans noting.

If joining another team is what he wants, more power to him... I believe Pat will just get other pieces to put around Wade & Bosh, and the HEAT will still be in the Finals, the year after this season.

Wade will not be denied.

And stop typing Heat in capital letters. It's dumb and looks really stupid.

lol