PDA

View Full Version : Is Doc Rivers overrated?

copper!
10-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Just wondering what you guys think. Do you believe he is overrated? I think he benefited greatly off the big 3, combined with KG's defense and thibodeau's system on defense. He seems great at managing ego's and getting the most out of players but I'm not sure if he is a great X's and O's coach. He is better than del negro obviously. This year will be very telling obviously.

Asik's better
10-02-2013, 11:40 PM
No, just ask those magic teams from the start of the last decade

Chronz
10-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Hes a master motivator and brilliant at in bound plays. He instills confidence and commands respect without being a totalitarian. Hes not a brilliant tactioner but hes good enough and those other qualities are of far more importance IMO.

I will never forget the season where he got a team full of players on their final contracts (guys typically looking for their own success) to play as ateam. Him keeping a starless Magic team at .500 was truly inspiring and totally worthy of COY.

Hes gotten overrated as a defensive coach because they werent his ideas but I guess now that hes learned from the best assistant coaches, I guess it doesnt matter.

Missing56&33
10-03-2013, 12:09 AM
No, he's not overrated, he's a player's HC, master motivator, very good with the x's and o's IMO. Boston didn't let him go, he chose to leave. The Clippers never overpay a HC but they did with Doc....the Clippers player's wanted him...you just don't get that kind of respect if you're not very good at what you do.

b@llhog24
10-03-2013, 12:17 AM
No.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Lol.

2-ONE-5
10-03-2013, 10:03 AM
incredibly overrated

bagwell368
10-03-2013, 11:36 AM
I like him, but:

*Coach T and KG did most of the lifting for the title IMO.
*he's a vets coach, rookies get ignored
*he plays whom he breaks camp with, Ainge put together some good deadline deals and Doc made poor use of the vast majority of them - Green and Kristic among them, he also tolerated Rondo's 15 game emotional melt down over losing Perkins.
*he tolerated Rondo cutting Ray out of the picture more and more after '08
*he never controlled Rondo, eventually tired of him and let him practice and run the games his way - that's not coaching, that's giving in.

You have a vet team with egos that need to be soothed? He might be the guy, but to build/nurture a team? Only with very strong assistants to take care of the details.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Well it just so happens the very few things haters are saying he's supposedly good at... are exactly what the Clippers needed. So whatever you may feel in regards to his rating... he's a MASSIVE upgrade over Vinny and that much was clear from the minute I heard him interview and he pointed out the EXACT weaknesses and flaws of our team. Which most general analysts/fans are clueless about.

SugeKnight
10-03-2013, 11:57 AM
No because Chris Paul

Sly Guy
10-03-2013, 12:14 PM
No, just ask those magic teams from the start of the last decade

pretty much this. Yeah, he had help in boston. He did not have help in orlando.

bagwell368
10-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Well it just so happens the very few things haters are saying he's supposedly good at... are exactly what the Clippers needed. So whatever you may feel in regards to his rating... he's a MASSIVE upgrade over Vinny and that much was clear from the minute I heard him interview and he pointed out the EXACT weaknesses and flaws of our team. Which most general analysts/fans are clueless about.

Vinny was/is an idiot, no doubt. Of available Coaches he may well have been the best choice for your team, which I suppose is most or all of what you care about.

He's already considered retirement, so the amount of time he will Coach in the NBA isn't measured in 8 or 10 years, but more like 3 or 5 - which is all you need him for. The minute the team looks like it's a lottery team to be, he'll be gone.

He's calm, mature, and knows how to deal with the press. So like I said, I like him, and like him for your team, but like everyone else he has weaknesses.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Vinny was/is an idiot, no doubt. Of available Coaches he may well have been the best choice for your team, which I suppose is most or all of what you care about.

He's already considered retirement, so the amount of time he will Coach in the NBA isn't measured in 8 or 10 years, but more like 3 or 5 - which is all you need him for. The minute the team looks like it's a lottery team to be, he'll be gone.

He's calm, mature, and knows how to deal with the press. So like I said, I like him, and like him for your team, but like everyone else he has weaknesses.

For sure. I'm aware of the fact that he's not a brilliant strategist (as are most Clippers fans). Nobody I know thinks he's the best coach in the NBA or something but even if he's top 5-10 that's amazing. Coming from Vinny almost anybody is a big upgrade. In actuality though he may actually be a better fit for the Clippers than the Celtics. As you know (Celtics fan) you guys had elite PLAYER personnel defensively so guys like KG/Rondo deserve a ton of the props for the defense. The Celtics offense was mediocre so I think what Doc can add (defensive mindset) is more needed for our team. All Doc really had to do for your team was manage personalities because the team was filled with vets who were ready to sacrifice everything.

For the Clippers on the otherhand... Chris Paul/Blake Griffin make us an elite offense already without any coaching. The Celtics were a mediocre offense so Doc's strengths may have been a bit redundant with the players already. His weakness (offense) already comes easy for our team. The main areas we lacked coaching wise was leadership, defensive mindset and chemistry. Which all happen to be what Doc provides in spades. For the Celtics I think he was more of a good compliment, for us he was EXACTLY what we needed to really learn to play the right way.

People should really think about who Blake and DJ have had as coaches while they have developed. Not once until now have they had an average or better coach (Dunleavy didn't play DJ and Blake was a rookie, Dunleavy had lost team by then). Nobody has told them... look you need to fu**ing set hard screens, run back on defense and stop fu**ing around with refs. Vinny was terrified to address vets or star players and Doc isn't. I know the players are adults and should have the discipline already but guys like Blake/DJ who have relied on athleticism since they were kids... really need fundamental, father figure type coaches to mold them.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Oh it's also important to note that a very good offensive coach in Alvin Gentry is manning the offense for us. We are focusing on a Spurs type offense with nonstop motion and lots of passing/floor spreading. I forsee a beautiful offense.

sammyvine
10-03-2013, 01:01 PM
how is it hating if people are saying hes overrated?

many celtics fans on various boards used to complain about how overrated he was and how thibs was better.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
how is it hating if people are saying hes overrated?

many celtics fans on various boards used to complain about how overrated he was and how thibs was better.

I was using haters literally, not saying it's not valid. I guess I could have said "doubters" or something else.

EL_MACHETE
10-03-2013, 01:35 PM
No, I think he's actually a very good coach

bagwell368
10-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Clips best shot was if KG agreed to go there last year IMO.

Blake is very fine at what he does, but I think he's at his ceiling or close to it. CP3 is the best PG in the game. DJ? Tend to doubt he'll be special enough to belong to a "big 3".

Some 56 and 58 win seasons coming, but I don't think they'll win a ring.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Clips best shot was if KG agreed to go there last year IMO.

Blake is very fine at what he does, but I think he's at his ceiling or close to it. CP3 is the best PG in the game. DJ? Tend to doubt he'll be special enough to belong to a "big 3".

Some 56 and 58 win seasons coming, but I don't they they'll win a ring.

Dang Blake close to or at his ceiling? He's an athletic based PF who just turned 24 a couple months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rHGD4y-cPI

Does this sound like a guy who's done? He still has areas that can easily be improved with practice and the right coaching and he's often been called one of the absolutely elite workers in the NBA, on that Kobe level.

2-ONE-5
10-03-2013, 05:47 PM
you are one crazy homer

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Fine a career 20/10/4 type player with 3 all star appearances and two All NBA 2nd team selections in 3 seasons... Is done developing by 24. Lol.

Goose17
10-03-2013, 07:36 PM
No. He's not overrated. People just misinterpret why he's great.

And saying things like "Pops and Thibs are better" is irrelevant. Not being as good as someone else doesn't make you overrated. You're not answering the question.

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Goose you're right. People often to do this. "He sucks because he's no Pop". Crap like that is irrelevant.

D-Leethal
10-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Ranking a coach in this league is kind of stupid in general. Theres not a coach in the league you couldn't give "his guys" too, the guys who fit his personality, fit his system, and were championship caliber where they couldn't win. Coaches aren't one size fits all, coaches get fired in one spot and go on to be champions in others.

Are Pops and Thibs better coaches or are they just consistently coaching "their guys"? Doc looked pretty good with "his guys" in Boston, he also coached a team that started the season 1-19 in Orlando. Mike D'Antoni looked like a mastermind wizard in PHX and like a complete buffoon in NY/LA. Larry Brown coaches the Wallace bros, Chauncey and Rip and takes down a HOF supersquad, he coaches the Knicks and looks like a completely baffled D-League coach out there.

Being able to coach different sets of characters doesn't necessarily make you a better coach. Doug Collins can coach crappy teams to the playoffs with the best of them but couldn't get past round 2 with Michael freakin' Jordan. Doc can manage ego's, he can get veteran superstars to buy in to team concepts and sacrifice, but can he get a young team over the hump? I do think coaching different cast of characters and completely different systems to elite status/champions is something that should seperate you from the pack, and I think thats why Pat Riley gets a ton of credit and maybe not enough. I think if Doc can coach this Clips team to a championship he gets put on a different level.

I think there is one indicator of ranking coaches, the guys who win championships with different teams with completely different styles should be on level #1, guys who win championships with equally stacked/similarly talented would be a notch below. Guys who can only win championships with "their guys" would be below that.

In general, I know I kind of rambled there but basically, Frank Vogel can probably coach his Pacers team better than Doc could. Vogel probably couldn't coach that Boston team to a chip. Who's the better coach?

east fb knicks
10-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Dang Blake close to or at his ceiling? He's an athletic based PF who just turned 24 a couple months ago.

Does this sound like a guy who's done? He still has areas that can easily be improved with practice and the right coaching and he's often been called one of the absolutely elite workers in the NBA, on that Kobe level.
blake is great and all but a 20 10 guy is all he is going to be which still is pretty dam good but he's no karl malone and the clippers aren't going anywhere until they unload that bum d jordan big 3 lmao the clips need a deng iggy type player imo to get over the top doc isn't overrated but dj is

east fb knicks
10-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Ranking a coach in this league is kind of stupid in general. Theres not a coach in the league you couldn't give "his guys" too, the guys who fit his personality, fit his system, and were championship caliber where they couldn't win. Coaches aren't one size fits all, coaches get fired in one spot and go on to be champions in others.

Are Pops and Thibs better coaches or are they just consistently coaching "their guys"? Doc looked pretty good with "his guys" in Boston, he also coached a team that started the season 1-19 in Orlando. Mike D'Antoni looked like a mastermind wizard in PHX and like a complete buffoon in NY/LA. Larry Brown coaches the Wallace bros, Chauncey and Rip and takes down a HOF supersquad, he coaches the Knicks and looks like a completely baffled D-League coach out there.

Being able to coach different sets of characters doesn't necessarily make you a better coach. Doug Collins can coach crappy teams to the playoffs with the best of them but couldn't get past round 2 with Michael freakin' Jordan. Doc can manage ego's, he can get veteran superstars to buy in to team concepts and sacrifice, but can he get a young team over the hump? I do think coaching different cast of characters and completely different systems to elite status/champions is something that should seperate you from the pack, and I think thats why Pat Riley gets a ton of credit and maybe not enough. I think if Doc can coach this Clips team to a championship he gets put on that level.

I kind of rambled there but basically, Frank Vogel can probably coach his Pacers team better than Doc could. Vogel probably couldn't coach that Boston team to a chip. Who's the better coach?
great post

bagwell368
10-03-2013, 09:36 PM

He doesn't shoot that well outside of 10' which becomes a bigger deal as he ages and/or gets injured and his vertical shrinks, cutting down his effectiveness inside. He's also a crappy FT shooter, which is going to land him at the line a lot. He might have to be taken out of some close games.

On D he doesn't block shots. His rebounding has declined 3 years in a row.

You shouldn't take it personally, I'm expressing my belief based on years of experience. He's not a long term member of a "big 3" either. Watch.

bagwell368
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Fine a career 20/10/4 type player with 3 all star appearances and two All NBA 2nd team selections in 3 seasons... Is done developing by 24. Lol.

I said he's at or near his ceiling. If Doc can coax a lot of D out of his teammates than his Win Shares will go up a few, but it'll be based on them, not him.

Like you said, he's a physically based player. He's limited like most players. His limits will be exploited, they already are. Injuries will dull his physical abilities. And BTW, why is his rebounding already declining and why doesn't he block shots? And why can 't he shoot 3's or even FT's for that matter. Stop posing like this guy is the next coming, or that the Clips are going to win the title because DJ is going to turn into Camby... :laugh2:

"What a maroon" - Bugs Bunny

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 10:59 PM
He doesn't shoot that well outside of 10' which becomes a bigger deal as he ages and/or gets injured and his vertical shrinks, cutting down his effectiveness inside. He's also a crappy FT shooter, which is going to land him at the line a lot. He might have to be taken out of some close games.

On D he doesn't block shots. His rebounding has declined 3 years in a row.

You shouldn't take it personally, I'm expressing my belief based on years of experience. He's not a long term member of a "big 3" either. Watch.

Comon man you've watched basketball a long time. Malone didn't have a truly consistent shot until his 5th season or so then after that it was money. Given Blake's work ethic and the fact that HE hired a personal shooting coach, what makes you think it won't improve? Every year his 10-15 range has improved and last year his free throw shooting jumped 14 percent from the previous year. He shot 80 percent in the playoffs last year.

He's definitely not a crap free throw shooter and is ahead of the curve of most bigmen who had a bad stroke coming out of college. His shot actually looks pretty damn decent for a back to the basket brute. He removed the hitch and now it's about repetition and consistency. It will come.

Blake's free throw shooting has never been the issue you and others are making it out to be though. He's never been pulled out of games for it like DJ, K Mart and Evans in recent years.

No other player in NBA history has had a 3 year start like Blake, then tapped out at this age or after 3 years unless it was by freak injuries maybe. As I've pointed out and proven time and time again.. Blake Griffin has had an INCREDIBLE 3 year start to his career that is up there with anybody. Only KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR had as many points, rebounds and assists in 3 years. No matter what you say, the facts as you like to say... point to Blake being an EXTREMELY special young player.

I'm not asking you to project what Blake will be, I'm simply telling you that you owe him more respect than you're giving for his current game and what he's accomplished so far.

20.5 ppg/10.5 rpg/3.7 apg on great efficiency and much improved defense over the last 3 years. 3 all star appearances, two All NBA 2nd team selections. Can you try to find a match for a player in NBA history with that 3 year start? The matches I can think of with similar starts are guys like Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem and Wilt. Guys who are in the top 10 all time list.

east fb knicks
10-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Comon man you've watched basketball a long time. Malone didn't have a truly consistent shot until his 5th season or so then after that it was money. Given Blake's work ethic and the fact that HE hired a personal shooting coach, what makes you think it won't improve? Every year his 10-15 range has improved and last year his free throw shooting jumped 14 percent from the previous year. He shot 80 percent in the playoffs last year.

He's definitely not a crap free throw shooter and is ahead of the curve of most bigmen who had a bad stroke coming out of college. His shot actually looks pretty damn decent for a back to the basket brute. He removed the hitch and now it's about repetition and consistency. It will come.

Blake's free throw shooting has never been the issue you and others are making it out to be though. He's never been pulled out of games for it like DJ, K Mart and Evans in recent years.

No other player in NBA history has had a 3 year start like Blake, then tapped out at this age or after 3 years unless it was by freak injuries maybe. As I've pointed out and proven time and time again.. Blake Griffin has had an INCREDIBLE 3 year start to his career that is up there with anybody. Only KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR had as many points, rebounds and assists in 3 years. No matter what you say, the facts as you like to say... point to Blake being an EXTREMELY special young player.

oh stop it blake will never come as close to being as good as the mail man :punish: :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
oh stop it blake will never come as close to being as good as the mail man :punish: :facepalm:

Where did I say that? I was simply saying... most bigs DON'T have a great shooting touch right away. It takes most a few years to get it and Blake's played just 3 seasons so it's way too premature to say he won't improve his shot, especially when he HAS.

east fb knicks
10-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Where did I say that? I was simply saying... most bigs DON'T have a great shooting touch right away. It takes most a few years to get it and Blake's played just 3 seasons so it's way too premature to say he won't improve his shot, especially when he HAS.

a 20 10 guy is all he will ever be for the clippers to be taken serious they need an allstar at the three or two i think deng would be great on the clippers

Clippersfan86
10-04-2013, 12:34 AM
a 20 10 guy is all he will ever be for the clippers to be taken serious they need an allstar at the three or two i think deng would be great on the clippers

I've always thought Deng would be an amazing fit. I'm going to give Blake more than 3 seasons before I label him as being done developing and being all he will ever be. VERY few players in this league work as hard as Blake. It's no surprise every coach or teammate he's had... has said he's the hardest worker on the team and many have said the hardest worker they have ever seen. Chauncey said it... CP3's said it a few times... Doc has said it... list goes on.

Goose17
10-04-2013, 02:05 AM
I really think Doc is going to do wonders for this team. I can't wait to see them play. Despite being a dubs fan I'm actually quite a big fan of a few guys on that roster (when they're not playing us), it's going to be an interesting season.

People are also seriously underrating the additions of Reddick and Dudley. Doc is going to have some interesting lineups.

And CP3 will be happy because he stated he wanted a black coach.

sammyvine
10-04-2013, 05:23 AM

griffin needs to model his game around charles barkley imo
if he isnt careful he will be just another shawn kemp, athletic pf and thats about it.

Clippersfan86
10-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I think it's a good idea for him to study a lot of Barkley and Malone. Maybe a little Amare for face up.

majmarcus
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Imo, yes he is overrated

jstone0716
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I've always thought Deng would be an amazing fit. I'm going to give Blake more than 3 seasons before I label him as being done developing and being all he will ever be. VERY few players in this league work as hard as Blake. It's no surprise every coach or teammate he's had... has said he's the hardest worker on the team and many have said the hardest worker they have ever seen. Chauncey said it... CP3's said it a few times... Doc has said it... list goes on.

You would be Blakes personal *** wiper if he asked you to be, wouldn't you? Why are you so attached to this guys nuts? There are so many better players in the league to be excited about. Blake is garbage. David Lee 2.0 I'm telling you.

Clippersfan86
10-04-2013, 12:20 PM
You would be Blakes personal *** wiper if he asked you to be, wouldn't you? Why are you so attached to this guys nuts? There are so many better players in the league to be excited about. Blake is garbage. David Lee 2.0 I'm telling you.

You never had a personal, emotional investment in Dirk? I've seen every single game Blake has ever played in and I've seen the drive in him. I've seen him spend countless hours volunteering in the community and being an outstanding teammate. I defend him because he's one of the few truly good guys in the league who works his fu**ing *** off and deserves praise, not nonstop criticism.

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
We will find out this year.

MaxT
01-19-2014, 07:18 PM
D rivers is very overrated. There are a lot of coaches who could have won a champ w the big three. When he was at Orlando he never won a Series. He also has the worst season record ever in celtics history.

MaxT
01-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Also he has been up 3-2 in a playoff series 4 times and lost. Orl-det,bos-orl,Bos-la and bos-Mia. The worst was up 3-2 against orl with 2 games at home and they lost both. That's just not getting it done

MagicBucsSox
01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
He's not overrated but he's not this great coach media has made him out to be. Before kg & ray showed up that stadium had bags on their heads, empty, Pierce wanted out, they had the 5th pick in the draft.

MagicBucsSox
01-19-2014, 07:30 PM
And add to that SVG is the most UNDERRATED COACH

Shlumpledink
01-19-2014, 07:51 PM
He isn't a championship coach. He benefited a lot from Thibodeau, and being gifted a hungry Kevin Garnett, who was at the end of his prime. Kevin garnett played exceptional defense, as he usually always has, but was aided by the great system that he and the other stars bought into. A lot of head coaches could win with that perfect storm of events.

HoopDreams03
01-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Gregg Popovich is by far the most overrated he was lucky to draft one of the best SG ever in Parker and SF in Duncan! Just not good coach because they lost last year to Heat because they had no one to guard Allen and coach didn't make the adjustments!

Doc is a great coach!

shep33
01-19-2014, 09:27 PM
He's a good coach, probably 3rd best behind Pop and Thibs, who I believe are on another level

kdspurman
01-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Gregg Popovich is by far the most overrated he was lucky to draft one of the best SG ever in Parker and SF in Duncan! Just not good coach because they lost last year to Heat because they had no one to guard Allen and coach didn't make the adjustments!

Doc is a great coach!

Huh?

Asik's better
01-19-2014, 09:45 PM

Doc is a great coach!

Troll account

KnicksorBust
01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
No.

WaDe03
01-19-2014, 11:28 PM
gregg popovich is by far the most overrated he was lucky to draft one of the best sg ever in parker and sf in duncan! Just not good coach because they lost last year to heat because they had no one to guard allen and coach didn't make the adjustments!

Doc is a great coach!

lol!

ghettosean
01-19-2014, 11:47 PM

Doc is a great coach!

I don't even know where to start with what's wrong with this post?!?!

SF8
05-17-2015, 05:48 PM
For the Clippers on the otherhand... Chris Paul/Blake Griffin make us an elite offense already without any coaching. The Celtics were a mediocre offense so Doc's strengths may have been a bit redundant with the players already. His weakness (offense) already comes easy for our team. The main areas we lacked coaching wise was leadership, defensive mindset and chemistry. Which all happen to be what Doc provides in spades.
Come on Clippersfan86, do you seriously believe this garbage? I'm honestly asking you.

Doc is absolutely an overrated coach.

D-Leethal
05-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Guys that bump these threads are pathetic. I mean did you write down the name of this thread somewhere just so you could bump it the second your opinion looked better in hindsight?

D-Leethal
05-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Let the man lose a heartbreaker in peace.

SF8
05-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Guys that bump these threads are pathetic. I mean did you write down the name of this thread somewhere just so you could bump it the second your opinion looked better in hindsight?

Is it not relevant? Its not like these are bumped for s***ts and giggles, its actually relevant.

And I haven't posted once in this thread so how do I look "better in hindsight"? Get your facts in order.

Redrum187
05-17-2015, 06:39 PM
He is overrated in the same way Thibbs is. Sure they are good coaches, but they are nothing extraordinarily special.

Clippersfan86
05-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Come on Clippersfan86, do you seriously believe this garbage? I'm honestly asking you.

Doc is absolutely an overrated coach.

Did you see the date? That was 2013, his first year. I turned on him big time last season. So hell no my answer would be the same. Now I see what Celtics fans griped about for years.

SF8
05-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Did you see the date? That was 2013, his first year. I turned on him big time last season. So hell no my answer would be the same. Now I see what Celtics fans griped about for years.

IMO yall should have promoted Gentry to HC instead of letting him go to GSW.

Tony_Starks
05-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Nope.

BKLYNpigeon
05-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Coaching is not always about your record and how far you get in the playoffs. Players, Coaches and Front Officeshould all be held accountable. I used to believe Doc was overrated, but everything I read from players and writers are always positive. they're closer to the game to know better then any of us.

SF8
05-18-2015, 03:05 AM
Doc Rivers is overrated and this proved that

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFE6izeUMAApDu1.png

slashsnake
05-18-2015, 03:20 AM
Coaching is not always about your record and how far you get in the playoffs. Players, Coaches and Front Officeshould all be held accountable. I used to believe Doc was overrated, but everything I read from players and writers are always positive. they're closer to the game to know better then any of us.

Its a tough call. He had the big 3 in boston and walked away with 1 ring. To me that's on the lower side of what I would have expected. Orlando he was meh. Didn't have a great team, but had a prime Tmac and couldn't get much over .500 or out of the first round.

I don't know how good he is at actually developing teams. He got all the talent in Boston and won with it, and has all this talent in LA, and is making it to the 2nd round... but when has he gotten something and made it better as time went on?

RLundi
05-18-2015, 05:46 AM

Send him over then buddy.

YAALREADYKNO
05-18-2015, 12:24 PM
I like doc but he is an overrated coach when Stephen a smith and skip Bayless call him the 2nd best coach in the league behind popavic. I'd take Rick Carlisle over doc any day