PDA

View Full Version : Cousins donates 1 Million same day as extension

KingsMadness44
10-02-2013, 10:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/flush-contract-extension-demarcus-cousins-donates-1-million-132130234--nba.html

Say what you want about him and his character but no one can knock this act of generosity

NoahH
10-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Dude is tryna 1 up Mike Conley LMAO

True Sports Fan
10-02-2013, 10:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/flush-contract-extension-demarcus-cousins-donates-1-million-132130234--nba.html

Say what you want about him and his character but no one can knock this act of generosity

People will still talk **** about him, it's fine. He'll prove himself on the court.

Chronz
10-02-2013, 11:07 PM
This has seriously changed my perception of him as person. This is no small act

Cracka2HI!
10-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Pretty cool. You can't really bag on the guy for doing this. I hope it works out for both he and the Kings, it would be nice to see them relevant again. It would be nice to see money make a good man out of a goofball instead of the opposite for a change! He looks really skinny in that pic. I wonder if he's been working out hard this off-season? He could be scary if he's in great shape.

kobe4thewinbang
10-02-2013, 11:24 PM
I wish he would donate more to his potential.

b@llhog24
10-03-2013, 12:13 AM
He's always been referred to in a philanthropic light. Most of my gripes with him are production based. Attitude issues are generally overblown IMO.

hugepatsfan
10-03-2013, 12:47 AM
He's always been referred to in a philanthropic light. Most of my gripes with him are production based. Attitude issues are generally overblown IMO.

I don't agree with that last part. His attitude as a human being and his attitude as a basketball player are two different things.

More-Than-Most
10-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Wait for the well he should do this or its only 1 million lol

Good Job Cousins :clap:

Donating a Dollar of ones Earned money should be cheered nomatter what. I dont care if they have billions.

J4KOP99
10-03-2013, 01:06 AM
That is a ton of ****ing money. Good for him

b@llhog24
10-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I don't agree with that last part. His attitude as a human being and his attitude as a basketball player are two different things.

I meant in general. Although I don't that he's so much of a headcase to the point where that would be the deciding factor on whether you'd want him on your team or not. But we'll see.

Tony_Starks
10-03-2013, 01:12 AM
That's a great deed. I've been a fan of his game. People are so quick to label players but he's not a bad kid just very immature. Hopefully he gets it together...

Vinny642
10-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Respectable

PurpleLynch
10-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Nice,in my opinion better than Amir Johnson giving away free Drake's cds(just for the poor choice of music).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
should have donated more, what a crook.

sarcasm

NYKnickFanatic
10-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Nice,in my opinion better than Amir Johnson giving away free Drake's cds(just for the poor choice of music).

Donating one million dollars is better than giving out $900 worth of CDs to people? YOU DON'T SAY!
Why are you even comparing them? They are both doing something good, that they don't even have to do.
Also, just because you think it is a poor choice of music, doesn't mean it is. I'm sure the people from TORONTO, really hated getting a CD from a very popular musician from TORONTO, for free.

DR_1
10-03-2013, 02:44 PM

just gained a bit of respect for him

HoodedSB
10-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Good man. Hope others follow suit.

PurpleLynch
10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Donating one million dollars is better than giving out $900 worth of CDs to people? YOU DON'T SAY!
Why are you even comparing them? They are both doing something good, that they don't even have to do.
Also, just because you think it is a poor choice of music, doesn't mean it is. I'm sure the people from TORONTO, really hated getting a CD from a very popular musician from TORONTO, for free.

In fact I pointed out that I compared them just for the type of act,not the meaning behind that.

It's like saying that New Orleans citizens will be pleased if anyone gives them free copies of "Rebirth" by Lil Wayne.

JLynn943
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Awesome :clap:

Mr.SmackYoMama
10-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Drake is from Toronto......I think he was giving it out based on the fact that he's a local artist that's made it huge.

Beltrans Mole
10-03-2013, 03:14 PM
It's a class act and I respect the donation, but it doesn't suddenly make him no longer a headcase just because he can open up his wallet and do this...just saying.

Sly Guy
10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
People will still talk **** about him, it's fine. He'll prove himself on the court.

there is no doubt of his talent. It's the rest that people are worried about.

D-Leethal
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Like Metta, a lot of these hot tempered nutcases are humble at heart and understand where they came from. Awesome move from Cousins and I hope he gets alotta love on the national airwaves for it.

Lakerfan32
10-03-2013, 06:53 PM
I did a 360 in this guy. The media needs to show more stories and this type of thing and less of the negative. Encourage players and athletes to be better people and celebrate kindness not air peoples dirt

JNA17
10-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Very cool of him to do. That is a **** load of money.

Vinny642
10-03-2013, 09:52 PM
The media likes to crap on people when they can, in cases like this. Cousin's negativity is overhyped, and the media just runs with it. I think he will be a better player, and person this season because o the whole regime switch, new owner, new coach.... should set him on the right track.

Avenged
10-03-2013, 09:56 PM
It's going to be Cousins year! I feel it.

torocan
10-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Class move. $1m is no joke.

Sadly, Demarcus Cousins may be one of those guys that's a great human being off the court who's a different type of person on the court.

MWP is actually a really good comparison. MWP has always appeared to be one of the nicest and most genuine human beings off court, but on court his head goes to strange places (not to mention in press conferences).

I hope that in DMC's case that it's just immaturity and he'll mature as a player as he has some great potential. A guy with that kind of generous heart deserves some success.

IndyRealist
10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
....this is an extension, right? So it doesn't kick in until the 2014-15 season? Does he know that? So he's actually given away like 10% of his total earnings to date.

MrfadeawayJB
10-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Didn't expect that from him. Good to see though

FlashBolt
10-04-2013, 04:55 PM
....this is an extension, right? So it doesn't kick in until the 2014-15 season? Does he know that? So he's actually given away like 10% of his total earnings to date.

I don't think he needs you to confirm it. He likely has multiple agents and a management team to handle his money.

IndyRealist
10-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I don't think he needs you to confirm it. He likely has multiple agents and a management team to handle his money.

Touchy, much? It actually makes him look BETTER if he's saved up $1M to date in disposable income that he can donate. Most NBA players live paycheck to paycheck.

tapajafri
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
I did a 360 in this guy. The media needs to show more stories and this type of thing and less of the negative. Encourage players and athletes to be better people and celebrate kindness not air peoples dirt

woah woah woah...you're talking about the media here lol. I agree with you completely, but this is the media we're talking about. Cousins donates 1 million to charity and the national sports media doesn't talk about it on ESPN or anything. When he gets a technical (half the time he gets them because of reputation, he doesn't even do anything to warrant a tech) and the media is ALL OVER it on sportscenter.

Same goes for a lot of players. Too bad the media will never encourage players/athletes to be better people over their dirt.

tapajafri
10-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Didn't expect that from him. Good to see though

you didn't expect this from him because the media has the power to portray (and blow out of proportion) the image of certain players and make them look way worse than they really are. See my post above ^

JdKing7
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Good for him. Defiantly changed my perception of him. One million dollars is one million dollars no matter how much you make. Well done Cousins.