PDA

View Full Version : Who can end Lebron's MVP streak?

Kuya_Clive
10-02-2013, 01:45 AM
We all know that Lebron will be a big favorite to win the MVP again, but who do you guys think can stop Lebron from making it a three peat? Would Rose coming back to form or better after a torn ACL, KD leading OKC with Westbrook out for at least a month, CP3 leading his team to the top, or someone with a unexpectedly fantastic season taking their team to the top of their conference (like that Steph Curry thread a while ago) be able to give Lebron a run for his money?

tredigs
10-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Dwight, Curry, KD and Rose have the best combo of skill + story-line/situation to make it happen. I'd actually take the field over Lebron this year.

NYKNYGNYY
10-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Kd, curry, melo, harden or wiggens in 3 years....i dont think dwight will kobe obv not and I dont think rose has as good a chance as those I metioned...i added melo cus hes the scoring champ Nd got alot of help and im a lil bit of a homer

Chronz
10-02-2013, 02:44 AM
cp3 or Blake

beasted86
10-02-2013, 02:47 AM
I don't know if its actually possible to underrate LeBron, but when you consider the monster season he just had, and his work ethic, and his own admission that he will be a better player than he was last year..... it's fairly insane to bet against him for MVP.

It's going to take a lot of blowouts by the HEAT or some serious other worldly play from someone else to steal the MVP away. The award has almost become his to lose.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 02:56 AM
Eh - I don't consider his play in another world from what KD's doing. Pretty similar dominance, Lebron having the upper hand. And MVP's are as much about story lines as they are MVP level production.

5ass
10-02-2013, 02:57 AM
cp3, howard, KD, and Harden will all be in the conversation for MVP next season, but if Lebron really became better like he said he did this offseason, then they stand no chance.

beasted86
10-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Eh - I don't consider his play in another world from what KD's doing. Pretty similar dominance, Lebron having the upper hand. And MVP's are as much about story lines as they are MVP level production.

So what story line could KD possibly put together that will override the fact his defense is still weaker and his team in all likelihood will finish behind the HEAT?

He's basically going to have to average 31+ a game on high efficiency while still doing all the other things he's already doing to win the award.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 03:12 AM
So what story line could KD possibly put together that will override the fact his defense is still weaker and his team in all likelihood will finish behind the HEAT?

He's basically going to have to average 31+ a game on high efficiency while still doing all the other things he's already doing to win the award.
With Westbrook out a month and a half, I expect around 31+ on efficiency from KD by seasons end to be honest. His overall game is improving by the year, and he was the frontrunner for the award for a decent bit last year already. The point is, he's right there. Any number of things could happen that put him over the top.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 03:13 AM
Nobody. MVP is a media award and there's no way some media guy is going to go against the grain and not vote for Lebron.

5ass
10-02-2013, 03:35 AM
Nobody. MVP is a media award and there's no way some media guy is going to go against the grain and not vote for Lebron.

ya its completely irrelevant that Lebron just had one of the most dominant seasons ever.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Lol. And your explanation for Rose winning (nearly unanimously) or KD receiving about 25 first place votes in 2012?

odiz
10-02-2013, 04:15 AM

Scoring wise they are similar. But then theres rebounding, passing and defense where Lebron is head and shoulders above KD. Realistically no-one is going to be better than Lebron next year. Only way someone else wins it is if the voters screw it up again (a la Rose in '11).

I Rock Shaqs
10-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Derrick Rose & Rudy Gay.....jk.

ManRam
10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I think people are down more on OKC than they have been in recent years, so another amazing season from KD (who didn't get as much credit for having an historically great season as he would have if LBJ wasn't around) and a top 2 or maybe 3 seed in the West probably seems like the easiest way for LeBron to be toppled. He'd have a padded story.

A ridiculous return from Rose would have the story line needed to do it, much like the story the year he won it carried him to the top.

Probably would take winning the West for CP3 to get it, considering how far off he was from seriously contending for it last year, despite him clearly being the 3rd best player in the league.

LeBron has to be the huge favorite, but I'd still take the field.

The_Jamal
10-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Statistically, I don't see it. He's just too dominant on both ends. Bron loses the MVP award when the media gets bored of giving it to him

jstone0716
10-02-2013, 12:09 PM
MVP is like 70% team success.. so I'd say the only high caliber players that even have a chance would be:

KD
Rose
Curry
Dwight or Harden
CP3
Paul George

Outside chance for: D-Will, Kyrie, Parker, Dirk, Marc Gasol

I think in about 4-5 years both Julius Randle & Andrew Wiggins will give him a run for his money if he's still MVP caliber.

koberulesall
10-02-2013, 12:28 PM
hopefully when david stern is gone it will end the lets PROMOTE LEBRON TO GET RICH CAMPAIGN and have everyone be treated equal on and off the court(mostly ON the court the calls they give this guy all the time are stupid) to really see who is the best

koberulesall
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
MVP is like 70% team success.. so I'd say the only high caliber players that even have a chance would be:

KD
Rose
Curry
Dwight or Harden
CP3
Paul George

Outside chance for: D-Will, Kyrie, Parker, Dirk, Marc Gasol

I think in about 4-5 years both Julius Randle & Andrew Wiggins will give him a run for his money if he's still MVP caliber.

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIRK!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryang
10-02-2013, 12:38 PM
cp3 or Blake

Blake won't ever win an MVP. Just my opinion though.

ryang
10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
hopefully when david stern is gone it will end the lets PROMOTE LEBRON TO GET RICH CAMPAIGN and have everyone be treated equal on and off the court(mostly ON the court the calls they give this guy all the time are stupid) to really see who is the best

While there are some bad calls you should watch more heat games. He doesn't get half the calls he should probably because he'd have 30 free throw attempts a game.

todu82
10-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Kevin Durant or CP3.

FlashBolt
10-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't see LJ losing any fire to be quite honest. I believe Durant is the only player capable of legitimately beating out LJ. Yet, the only way LJ can continue to win is if he completely distinguishes himself from everyone else. Last year, KD and LJ were neck and neck, with KD imo being slightly ahead. Soon, LJ just went on a crazy barrage of efficiency; including the win streak and it ultimately sealed everything.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
At the end of the day the unwritten rule is the MVP is best player on best team. So if Rose, KD, or CP3 could get the best record they'd be forced to give it to them. Like they did with Rose when he got it.

Out of those guys I say CP3 has the best shot.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Media.

ddt
10-02-2013, 02:15 PM
It all depends on the team record. If the thunder has the best Record, KD will get it. If the Rockets has it, it'll be Howard.

Minimal
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I believe its gonna be between CP3 and LeBron this year. Clippers will probably win the West and CP3 will have a good case for MVP.
OKC will finish with a so-so record and that will leave Durant out of discussion.
Probably media will promote Harden as MVP as much as they can, but Houston will finish around 5-7th seed and that won't be enough to win it.

SteBO
10-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I think people are down more on OKC than they have been in recent years, so another amazing season from KD (who didn't get as much credit for having an historically great season as he would have if LBJ wasn't around) and a top 2 or maybe 3 seed in the West probably seems like the easiest way for LeBron to be toppled. He'd have a padded story.

A ridiculous return from Rose would have the story line needed to do it, much like the story the year he won it carried him to the top.

Probably would take winning the West for CP3 to get it, considering how far off he was from seriously contending for it last year, despite him clearly being the 3rd best player in the league.

Agree, especially your last sentence, though I had this same mindset going into last year too.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2013, 03:12 PM

they went against the clear cut best player when Rose won it. It happens plenty actually. Shaq winning one MVP is a clear case of this.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2013, 03:14 PM

true, but when you have a player completely dominating both sides of the floor and distancing himself statistically on offense to the point where we have to read 10 times a year a comparison to MJ, the distance isn't by a mile, but it's pretty damn comfortable. Durant is absolutely the best scorer in the game. But James is much better defensively and passing, and at the very least equal in all other phases.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2013, 03:16 PM

If Durant is going for 30+ on his awesome efficiency to start the year and OKC is winning, I can agree he has a very good chance, because it will create the storyline (Durant carrying a contender without his 2nd option), and we all know the media ends up getting bored punching the ticket over and over again for one guy.

SteBO
10-02-2013, 03:21 PM
If Durant is going for 30+ on his awesome efficiency to start the year and OKC is winning, I can agree he has a very good chance, because it will create the storyline (Durant carrying a contender without his 2nd option), and we all know the media ends up getting bored punching the ticket over and over again for one guy.
Rose replicating his #s pre-injury if not surpassing them would be an even bigger storyline imo. Probably more on the unrealistic side, but who knows.....

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bNPldRmB0

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bpM6TCZSQ

Skip is right. Lebron should have been disqualified from ever winning the MVP award again when he decided to take less money to team up with two superstars. Shaq was disqualified for having Kobe on his team and vise versa. Yet somehow Lebron gets a pass even though he teamed up with not one, but two superstars. The double standard in favor of Lebron is a joke.

ryang
10-02-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm convinced amoser is Lebrons ray finkle. Bro we get it. We know how you feel. Not one person cares. Hopefully one day you can just sit back and appreciate this Heat team. If not that sucks for you my man. I understand some of the hate but you've taken it to a whole other level. It's sounds like you have a little bit of a vagina problem.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Rose replicating his #s pre-injury if not surpassing them would be an even bigger storyline imo. Probably more on the unrealistic side, but who knows.....
Why would it be unrealistic for Rose to replicate his #'s? He's young and 100% healthy. We know through other athletes that you can have the procedure and lose 0 burst. With as much time as he took off, I think he all but ensured that.

jstone0716
10-02-2013, 04:44 PM
ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIRK!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got a better chance than Kobe does. Lol.

SPURSFAN1
10-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Tony parker. If he wins two games vs miami and has the highest record in the league, he gets it. Both are doable. The chances are slim but those are better chances than any other player in the league.

SPURSFAN1
10-02-2013, 04:47 PM
He's got a better chance than Kobe does. Lol.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

tredigs
10-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Tony parker. If he wins two games vs miami and has the highest record in the league, he gets it. Both are doable. The chances are slim but those are better chances than any other player in the league.

Two games versus Miami means nothing to voters, and a lot more would have to go his way on top of the best record in the league for him to get it. I'd say the odds of what you said happening are 4:1, and the odds of him being MVP are 35:1.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 05:21 PM
At this point it's just a popularity contest. I wish they would let the coaches and GMs decide so it can add some legitimacy to the award....

SPURSFAN1
10-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Two games versus Miami means nothing to voters, and a lot more would have to go his way on top of the best record in the league for him to get it. I'd say the odds of what you said happening are 4:1, and the odds of him being MVP are 35:1.

The public is swayed easier than you think. I can throw odds out there too. If it happens like I said, 1:1. The chances of him getting MVP are 10:1. See anyone can play that game lol.

jstone0716
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
The public is swayed easier than you think. I can throw odds out there too. If it happens like I said, 1:1. The chances of him getting MVP are 10:1. See anyone can play that game lol.

1:1 odds you are over 400 pounds and have 4 boxes of twinkies in your nightstand

SPURSFAN1
10-02-2013, 05:49 PM
1:1 odds you are over 400 pounds and have 4 boxes of twinkies in your nightstand

lol Threw those boxes away.

xxplayerxx23
10-02-2013, 05:53 PM
At this point it's just a popularity contest. I wish they would let the coaches and GMs decide so it can add some legitimacy to the award....

Lebron would still win

True Sports Fan
10-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Mike James or White Mamba.

b_russ
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Whoever is ESPN's media darling towards the later part of the season.

SPURSFAN1
10-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Whoever is ESPN's media darling towards the later part of the season.

New York, Chicago, or LA teams. I can see this happening.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Lebron would still win

Perhaps he would but I'd much rather hit it from coaches/ GMs than espn..

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bpM6TCZSQ

Skip is right. Lebron should have been disqualified from ever winning the MVP award again when he decided to take less money to team up with two superstars. Shaq was disqualified for having Kobe on his team and vise versa. Yet somehow Lebron gets a pass even though he teamed up with not one, but two superstars. The double standard in favor of Lebron is a joke.

Not to mention he has the best supporting cast ever.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Not to mention he has the best supporting cast ever.

And yet, still so much better than guys like Kobe that they had to give it to him. Imagine that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 06:55 PM
And yet, still so much better than guys like Kobe that they had to give it to him. Imagine that.

Yeah, you're right. His 0-7 record in cleveland and two bronze medals support your claims.

xxplayerxx23
10-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Perhaps he would but I'd much rather hit it from coaches/ GMs than espn..

Regardless he had the best year the last couple.

Stunner
10-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Rose , KD , Curry , CP3 and dark horses Harden and Kobe if he somehow manages to make the Lakers a top 4 team but I doubt it .

JesusNYY_Savior
10-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Kd, curry, melo, harden or wiggens in 3 years....i dont think dwight will kobe obv not and I dont think rose has as good a chance as those I metioned...i added melo cus hes the scoring champ Nd got alot of help and im a lil bit of a homer
Knicks would need to win the east and I doubt it happens.. lbj will probably need to get hurt to lose it at this point

Stunner
10-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Mike James or White Mamba.

Bulls have Mike James :)

tredigs
10-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, you're right. His 0-7 record in cleveland and two bronze medals support your claims.

With Kobe in Cleveland in James' spot? DYNASTY, amirite?

smiddy012
10-02-2013, 07:42 PM
If Lebron does get beat for MVP, the team of the player he got beat buy will have to have a higher overall record/seeding.

So the question is, which teams are capable of a better regular season than Lebron and the Heat?

1. Bulls - Rose - The Bulls have done it once when he carried the team, and another where they carried him (he particularly had chronic minor injuries). If healthy, and you add Thibbs, Rose is a threat to Lebrons MVP chances.

2. Houston - DH - Say they pull off the first seed in the west , challenging the Heat as the other elite team in the NBA (by some small chance), DHs turnaround story would be a big deal. Harden has a chance too, DH will make his job hella easier.

3. GS - Curry - Who knows if he keeps getting better and is healthy.

4 - Thunder - Durant - His stats speak for himself.

5 - Indy - Paul George - If they get the 1 seed and PG improves 1/4 as much as he did between last season and the one before, Indy will be scary as will PG. Would love to see him and Lebron battle for the next 5 years.

6 - Melo - If NYK gets the one seed, it will be in large part due to his better than ever play.

7 - LAC - CP3 - Once again if they get the first seed he will give Lebron a run for his money. So will Blake if he continues he begins to fully master his a around game.

All said and done, I think Lebrons cast and chemistry is better than it's ever been, not to mention Lebron himself obviously. Truth is he's fostered a great team around him with a great work environment, and he is leading by example. Someone would really have to take the MVP away from him, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

SPURSFAN1
10-02-2013, 07:47 PM
If Lebron does get beat for MVP, the team of the player he got beat buy will have to have a higher overall record/seeding.

So the question is, which teams are capable of a better regular season than Lebron and the Heat?

1. Bulls - Rose - The Bulls have done it once when he carried the team, and another where they carried him (he particularly had chronic minor injuries). If healthy, and you add Thibbs, Rose is a threat to Lebrons MVP chances.

2. Houston - DH - Say they pull off the first seed in the west , challenging the Heat as the other elite team in the NBA (by some small chance), DHs turnaround story would be a big deal. Harden has a chance too, DH will make his job hella easier.

3. GS - Curry - Who knows if he keeps getting better and is healthy.

4 - Thunder - Durant - His stats speak for himself.

5 - Indy - Paul George - If they get the 1 seed and PG improves 1/4 as much as he did between last season and the one before, Indy will be scary as will PG. Would love to see him and Lebron battle for the next 5 years.

6 - Melo - If NYK gets the one seed, it will be in large part due to his better than ever play.

7 - LAC - CP3 - Once again if they get the first seed he will give Lebron a run for his money. So will Blake if he continues he begins to fully master his a around game.

All said and done, I think Lebrons cast and chemistry is better than it's ever been, not to mention Lebron himself obviously. Truth is he's fostered a great team around him with a great work environment, and he is leading by example. Someone would really have to take the MVP away from him, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

Spurs have zero chance then? lol

Delrayhc
10-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Media.

Maybe you could end it with your wishful thinking.

August 2010

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:22 PM
With Kobe in Cleveland in James' spot? DYNASTY, amirite?

A healthy prime Kobe on the 2011 Heat???

tredigs
10-02-2013, 08:26 PM
A healthy prime Kobe on the 2011 Heat???

Don't win for a lot of reasons. Probably don't make the finals for that matter. A main one being that he and Wade fit together far worse than Lebron/Wade. One advantage of Lebron is that he fits with virtually any player.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Don't win for a lot of reasons. Probably don't make the finals for that matter. A main one being that he and Wade fit together far worse than Lebron/Wade. One advantage of Lebron is that he fits with virtually any player.

You really believe that Kobe couldn't lead that team past the weak east. Come on man... Please. Surely you can do better than that.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 08:53 PM
You really believe that Kobe couldn't lead that team past the weak east. Come on man... Please. Surely you can do better than that.
Past the 62 win Bulls? No, I don't. Who's guarding Rose in those 4th quarters, Kobe? Hahahah. Frankly I don't even think Wade would take a back seat to him in any way. That situation would not work.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Past the 62 win Bulls? No, I don't. Who's guarding Rose in those 4th quarters, Kobe? Hahahah. Frankly I don't even think Wade would take a back seat to him in any way. That situation would not work.

We're talking about a healthy prime Kobe, so yes Kobe. The 62 win Bulls also chocked pretty hard as well. They were regular season dynamos with absolutely no playoff experience much like Lebron's old Cleveland teams.

Delrayhc
10-02-2013, 09:12 PM

We're talking about a healthy prime Kobe, so yes Kobe. The 62 win Bulls also chocked pretty hard as well. They were regular season dynamos with absolutely no playoff experience much like Lebron's old Cleveland teams.

I think Wade and Kobe are smart enough to figure out how to play off each other and would win the east and possibly it all.

August 2010

amos1er
10-02-2013, 09:14 PM
I think Wade and Kobe are smart enough to figure out how to play off each other and would win the east and possibly it all.

A very fair and un-bias assessment. Nice.

If only most of the self proclaimed Heat fans on this site would take note of this.

Cool007
10-02-2013, 09:14 PM
I will be really surprised if Rose doesn't win it this year (if it's not LBJ). Rose will have his story like AP. He will be coming off the big time ACL injury and if he has as good or better stats like in his MVP year and if Bulls are #1 seed in the East (very possible) then I can see Rose winning it.

He has a great chance IMO.

tredigs
10-02-2013, 09:19 PM

A 23 year old Kobe could stick with D. Rose. Not a 31 year old Kobe. I could care less about All NBA Defensive teams he was gifted the last 5 years, he hasn't been a shutdown defender for over half a decade.

And MAYBE he and Wade could in fact work, but I doubt it. Certainly a far worse scenario than he and Lebron. But enough of the fairytales, back to baseball.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 09:23 PM
A 23 year old Kobe could stick with D. Rose. Not a 31 year old Kobe. I could care less about All NBA Defensive teams he was gifted the last 5 years, he hasn't been a shutdown defender for over half a decade.

And MAYBE he and Wade could in fact work, but I doubt it. Certainly a far worse scenario than he and Lebron. But enough of the fairytales, back to baseball.

I never said a 31 year old Kobe, I said prime Kobe. Kobe from 2001-2009 would have done the job just fine. Lebron was about 26 when he faced the Bulls in 2011, so it's fair to say a 26 year old Kobe would be a fair substitute in this scenario.

Delrayhc
10-02-2013, 09:29 PM

A very fair and un-bias assessment. Nice.

If only most of the self proclaimed Heat fans on this site would take note of this.

If you read my posts you would see that im far from a laboner lover. Also you would see that I've never discredited Kobe as a basketball player nor discredited the Lakers organization. I happen to agree that Kobe is one if the all time greats , appreciate his play as well as the greatness of the organization. Maybe you and your Bff illusionist should take note of the fair and unbiased take as well.

August 2010

tredigs
10-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I never said a 31 year old Kobe, I said prime Kobe. Kobe from 2001-2009 would have done the job just fine. Lebron was about 26 when he faced the Bulls in 2011, so it's fair to say a 26 year old Kobe would be a fair substitute in this scenario.

Gotchya, so we're time traveling also - I thought you just meant 2011 Kobe in his spot. That's a better argument that there's no clear answer to, but Kobe + Wade is ultimately still a worse fit than Lebron + Wade imo. Alright, now really, enough of this for me. Just wanted to clear that up.

5ass
10-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Would Kobe be able to outplay durant like Bron did?

amos1er
10-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Would Kobe be able to outplay durant like Bron did?

He did in 2010. Pretty much in 2012 also. Prime Kobe would have owned Durant for sure. That and they don't play the same position either. Most likely Battier would have to guard Durant for a good amount also. Factor in Harden's choke job and I don't think they would have a problem. BTW, we were talking about 2011.

mngopher35
10-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I really don't see how the heat would match up with other teams without Lebron and with Kobe. I don't even think it comes down to if one is better than the other, they just wouldn't have enough size.

copper!
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
so now kobe can play PF like lebron did? iv heard it all lol

Chronz
10-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I really don't see how the heat would match up with other teams without Lebron and with Kobe. I don't even think it comes down to if one is better than the other, they just wouldn't have enough size.

That has more to do with roster composition than anything. I do think their defense suffers as a result. Kobe for all his talents as a 1 on 1 defender, was never nearly the team defender Bron is. Kobe in his prime was capable of being on the worst defensive team in the league, a team that also fared worse (Statistically) with him on the court on that end. I dont care who you have around prime Bron, that team will not finish so poorly defensively and if by some chance it was a very poor defensive team, I cant envision his on/off differential being equally poor. Still, say you gave Kobe some decent anchors (not Bosh), Im sure they could defend.

SteBO
10-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Why would it be unrealistic for Rose to replicate his #'s? He's young and 100% healthy. We know through other athletes that you can have the procedure and lose 0 burst. With as much time as he took off, I think he all but ensured that.
And he's played how many games since 2012? 100% healthy or not, you need time to readjust to the speed of the game. I hope you're right though.....

PurpleLynch
10-03-2013, 07:56 AM
A ridicoulous comeback by Rose or,more probably to happen,a great KD season. They have similar numbers and they're great players both. He's still favourite anyway.

Big Zo
10-03-2013, 09:11 AM
I think Rose's 2011 MVP is seen as somewhat of a mistake, and the Bulls have shown that they're a playoff team without him, so I doubt he gets another. KD is the most realistic.

jstone0716
10-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I'd honestly like to see Wade get an MVP before his knees are too far gone

sargon21
10-03-2013, 12:53 PM
I think Rose's 2011 MVP is seen as somewhat of a mistake, and the Bulls have shown that they're a playoff team without him, so I doubt he gets another. KD is the most realistic.

There's a big difference between a 5 seed and a 1 seed.

RulerSlick
10-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Durant is the only one. Cp3 has slight chance too.

ChicagoJ
10-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Whenever Jordan didn't win MVP during his prime or post prime, everyone knew he was the most deserving MVP. It generally doesn't go to the same guy every year even if that guy deserves it.

Lebron is in a similar situation. When rose won it recently that was similar to the year Karl Malone won it over mj. That is going to happen from time to time, otherwise the same guy would win it every year.

koreancabbage
10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Whenever Jordan didn't win MVP during his prime or post prime, everyone knew he was the most deserving MVP. It generally doesn't go to the same guy every year even if that guy deserves it.

Lebron is in a similar situation. When rose won it recently that was similar to the year Karl Malone won it over mj. That is going to happen from time to time, otherwise the same guy would win it every year.

great take on it. I mean Lebron could have another MVP season but for example, KD could win it as well and the team finishes in 3rd.

IversonIsKrazy
10-04-2013, 12:37 AM
CP3, DRose or Curry.

Gagan136
10-04-2013, 01:13 AM
CP3/KD/Drose on three with legit chance