PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Monte Ellis will ever become an All-Star?

NetsPaint
10-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Very good scorer and passer, but never went far thus far in his career. Do you think the Mavericks team he's on would make his chances higher or do you think he'd remain about the same?

Deception
10-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Does he have the talent? Absolutely. Does he have an ego that restricts that talent, of course.
I'm going with no.

Htownballa1622
10-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Paul, Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Kobe, Parker.

No.

jstone0716
10-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Being a diehard mavs fan... I'm optimistic. Especially playing around a bunch of hard working veterans with good attitudes and work ethic. He's never had anything close to that in Mil & GS. But who knows, probably not!

D-Leethal
10-02-2013, 09:07 AM
If he ever decides to become a 6th man on a bonafide contender and thrives in that role I could see him getting an all star nod.

Chronz
10-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes.
This year in fact.

Wait lemme count the guards in the West real quick.... oh ... NVM

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Only way possible is if Dallas over achieved and had a really great record in the first half. If he led that then he could force people to reward him....

2-ONE-5
10-02-2013, 11:48 AM
no.

Hellcrooner
10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
KObe, Paul, Harden, Curry, Parker etc etc etc.

Theres a good chance that NO mavs get into the asg this year .
In fact their only chance is for dirk to be VOTED in by fans.

DallasTrilla23
10-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Never say never but I doubt it. If Dallas even gets an allstar, it'll be dirk

Stunner
10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
http://youtu.be/J2qG4B6Jzhs

bagwell368
10-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Very good scorer and passer, but never went far thus far in his career. Do you think the Mavericks team he's on would make his chances higher or do you think he'd remain about the same?

Very good scorer? Sure, but he takes too many shots - I.E. he's bloody inefficient. He does pass...

Doubt it, but if it does happen it will be in the next two years as after that he's liable to start declining.

jstone0716
10-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Very good scorer? Sure, but he takes too many shots - I.E. he's bloody inefficient. He does pass...

Doubt it, but if it does happen it will be in the next two years as after that he's liable to start declining.

Fun Fact: Monta shot 53% from the floor in 2007 and averaged 20 points a game.

Now I know advanced statistic hate this guy.. and his statistical success has never amounted to anything. But the guy averaged 25PPG on 45% FG and 35% beyond the arc, about 4 boards and 5.5 dimes a game for 2 straight seasons... he's a solid ball player and gets a lot of crap for playing a pretty similar game to Melo ( minus 7 inches or so of course.. )

Anyways - I doubt he will be an all star but he's a top 10 scorer in the league for sure... and can be efficient if he has his head in the game.

bgdreton
10-02-2013, 06:16 PM
As a true warriors fan don't buy into it. Yes he can score and pass a little but that's it... Whoever he is guarding is going to have the same amount of points anyway. All star no! The pick and pop with him and Dirk will be nice though his mid range game is pretty good.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Now I know advanced statistic hate this guy.. and his statistical success has never amounted to anything. But the guy averaged 25PPG on 45% FG and 35% beyond the arc, about 4 boards and 5.5 dimes a game for 2 straight seasons... he's a solid ball player and gets a lot of crap for playing a pretty similar game to Melo ( minus 7 inches or so of course.. )

Anyways - I doubt he will be an all star but he's a top 10 scorer in the league for sure... and can be efficient if he has his head in the game.

Monta is definitely one my favorite players. I could care less about advanced stats, his game is nice!

I Rock Shaqs
10-02-2013, 07:13 PM

People that use that bs advanced stats logic are the same people who think Iverson was a bum.

NoahH
10-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Definitely no. The west is too heavy with guards and he's only getting older

SugeKnight
10-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Great talent but like others have said, too many great guards in the West. He has a great chance at 6th man of the year, if he ever gets that role.

FlashBolt
10-03-2013, 02:10 PM
No, he is an inefficient shot jacker who thinks he's much better than he really is.. MUCH. He's like Jennings, they both suck but think otherwise.

Mr.SmackYoMama
10-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Monta is definitely one my favorite players. I could care less about advanced stats, his game is nice!

As a Warriors fan his game isn't very nice......he can score but can't lead at all. Too many careless shots n is decent at best in regards to passing. He's a me first player and has always been that way except maybe his first two seasons when the we believe squad would have killed himif he played that way.

koreancabbage
10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
if he didn't shoot first and ask questions later, then maybe.

bagwell368
10-03-2013, 09:48 PM
People that use that bs advanced stats logic are the same people who think Iverson was a bum.

Iverson was and is a bum - per advanced stats, or even regular stats if you know what FG% is.

Also anybody that knows what a team is and how one plays (you know the pre ESPN "slam dunk/steal/block/3 pointer = basketball generation") will tell you Iverson was a ball dominant hucker, that might or might not play D as it suited him, a coach, and team killer.

tmacsc2
10-03-2013, 10:11 PM
No defense. I don't think he has a very popular image and way better guards ahead of him in the west. He could possibly be a reserve tho if he gets rid of that ego

gatkins11
10-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Funny how so many people were on his nuts a few years ago.

IndyRealist
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM

Untrue. Advanced stats LOVED him in 07-08. He shot 54.5% on 2's and took less than one 3pter per 48 mins played. He had a points per shot (PPS) of 1.33, significantly above the average SG (1.20). His WP48 was a .198, which last year would have put him slightly below James Harden and above Kyle Lowry, Rajon Rondo, and Mike Conley (all players advanced stats favor).

The problem is that he hasn't played like that since. He has failed to break 48% on 2's every year, and taken at least four 3's per 48 mins in every year but one since the moped incident. In fact, the first year back he only took 1.4 per 48, and since has quadrupled his 3pt shooting, despite being a poor shooter.

It seems obvious to me that he never fully recovered from the accident.

MrfadeawayJB
10-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Way too many great and emerging guards in the west.

Guppyfighter
10-04-2013, 01:41 PM

"I am in high school."