PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook expected to miss first 4-6 weeks of season

49ersLALSFGiant
10-01-2013, 01:23 PM
After undergoing 2nd knee surgery

bearadonisdna
10-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I bet Flashbolt wouldnt mind having drose right now after all that trash he talked about him.

jstone0716
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Who cares. OKC is never going to win a title

beasted86
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
It will be interesting to see if Clippers or Rockets use the opportunity to gain an early lead in the West.

Thunder really don't have nearly enough scorers with losing Martin to free agency and Westbrook to this knee injury. I also think slowing the pace to a crawl and running ISO like the LeBron/Cavs, Wade/Beasley days actually hurts Durant if he tried to play that style. It would kill his efficiency.

Utd7
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Why the hell did they wait until now?

Hellcrooner
10-01-2013, 02:09 PM
This could cost them their chances at the finals.

They can get buried into a 5th or 6th seed during the period and not being able to come back.
Then with HC advantage against them in seimfinals and conference finals, can be too much

J4KOP99
10-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Durant will have them right where they need to be by the time russy comes back. However, even if they are 100% healthy, I still don't think they can beat a healthy heat team.

Iron24th
10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
They could easily fall to the west 4-6 spot during that time, we'll see how they'll recover then.

tredigs
10-01-2013, 02:21 PM
This could cost them their chances at the finals.

They can get buried into a 5th or 6th seed during the period and not being able to come back.
Then with HC advantage against them in seimfinals and conference finals, can be too much

4-6 weeks is really not enough time for teams to create a huge separation over a Durant led OKC. They probably won't be a 1 seed by seasons end, but they should have 1st round HCA for sure. Even with HCA, nobody in the West wants that draw. I think it'll be cool to see KD running the show for an extended period, actually.

tredigs
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
It does suck to see the young NBA Ripken with another complication though. Hopefully he's a 100% go when it's through.

Chronz
10-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I know its selfish but this is what I have been wanting to see for awhile. OKC took the 2 star scorers to the extreme tho, losing Westbrook is more than just losing their 2nd option for these guys. He and Durant were basically options 1, 2 , and 3.

tredigs
10-01-2013, 02:31 PM
As for that "what's more likely to happen this season?" thread that was posted the other day, odds just went -500 on KD for 15 straight games of 30+.

I've been wanting to see this too. And they'll even have some practice beforehand to get it situated this time.

Dade County
10-01-2013, 03:13 PM
When KD signs with a new team when his contract is up with OKC; people will bring up what could have been. Some will blame it on bad luck, others will blame the GM; and secretly others will blame LBj & the HEAT because of the CBA (it's only going to hurt every-other team, (not the Lakers though) but not the team it was supposed to destroy).

When they day comes, I can only hope that KD will be in a HEAT jersey; getting ready to win his 1st championship along side Wade & co (where is harden now KD?!? :laugh2: )

shep33
10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Rough... hope it doesn't become a chronic issue. They'll be okay but I do think it will cost them a top seed. Excited to see kd go to work

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I know its selfish but this is what I have been wanting to see for awhile. OKC took the 2 star scorers to the extreme tho, losing Westbrook is more than just losing their 2nd option for these guys. He and Durant were basically options 1, 2 , and 3.

is it wrong that I immediately went to the Wolves schedule to see how many times we play them in his absence?

bearadonisdna
10-01-2013, 03:35 PM
4-6 weeks is really not enough time for teams to create a huge separation over a Durant led OKC. They probably won't be a 1 seed by seasons end, but they should have 1st round HCA for sure. Even with HCA, nobody in the West wants that draw. I think it'll be cool to see KD running the show for an extended period, actually.

Yeah but we kinda know what that team looked like vs memphis. They might not be able to beat ANY of the west contenders during the period.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
When KD signs with a new team when his contract is up with OKC; people will bring up what could have been. Some will blame it on bad luck, others will blame the GM; and secretly others will blame LBj & the HEAT because of the CBA (it's only going to hurt every-other team, (not the Lakers though) but not the team it was supposed to destroy).

When they day comes, I can only hope that KD will be in a HEAT jersey; getting ready to win his 1st championship along side Wade & co (where is harden now KD?!? :laugh2: )

KD wants to beat em, not join em. If he went anywhere it probably be NY, LA, or Chicago since on he's Roc Nation now....

bearadonisdna
10-01-2013, 03:44 PM
KD wants to beat em, not join em. If he went anywhere it probably be NY, LA, or Chicago since on he's Roc Nation now....

Id bet on KD riding out with OKC before joing miami who in this new cba would not have any real shot at signing him.

jerellh528
10-01-2013, 03:45 PM
watch this turn out to be durant's wet dream and he averages 35 in his absence with wins, just to show he can. lol

bearadonisdna
10-01-2013, 03:47 PM
watch this turn out to be durant's wet dream and he averages 35 in his absence with wins, just to show he can. lol

If he does do this he would put him in early contention for mvp. But of course it would be argued that lebron with two allstars is somehow more deserving.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 03:56 PM
If he does do this he would put him in early contention for mvp. But of course it would be argued that lebron with two allstars is somehow more deserving.

Durant was the desired MVP before last year as well. Problem is, James outplayed him.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 04:00 PM

He can grab a scoring title and be runner up for MVP (Lebrons getting it for the next 5 years no matter what) but his only legit shot at a title is with Russell....

Dade County
10-01-2013, 04:01 PM

so out of everything I posted (which was mostly **** talk'in), you picked out KD coming to the HEAT, which was obviously a joke.

(ESPN Count down sports commentators #NFL)
C'Mon Man.

Sly Guy
10-01-2013, 04:03 PM
would hate to see him lose the athleticism he depends on so much tog et his game off. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

goku
10-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Durant may even join his old teammate on the rockets when his contract up ........................

I Rock Shaqs
10-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Hopefully Jackson plays great and then they end up trading Westbrook to the Raptors for Gay and Lowry and Ross lol.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mrkstvr

2-ONE-5
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM

heat fans are by far the worst on here

IndyRealist
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
There is a huge difference between trying to figure out how to play without Westy on the fly, and having a full training camp to do so. I don't know that they're going to drop off the face of the planet.

tredigs
10-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Durant was the desired MVP before last year as well. Problem is, James outplayed him.

I'm not so sure he was necessarily desired. 60 wins and the 1 seed in the West while putting up 28/8/5 on 50/40/90+ (not to get into advanced stats, which he shined hugely at) is enough to give him the nod if people really had it against James or were bored by him. It's certainly better individually than we saw from Rose.

D-Leethal
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I hope they give Jeremy Lamb a chance - I know its different positions but they are gonna need to replace a monster scoring chunk. Feel bad for Russ - pretty sure the dude never missed a game due to injury in HS, college and the pro's right up until the Beverly injury, right?

D-Leethal
10-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah but we kinda know what that team looked like vs memphis. They might not be able to beat ANY of the west contenders during the period.

Except they won't have to play the best D in the league and the best D in the league only during that stretch. Its one thing to get exposed against that type of D in a playoff series and another to allow 29 other teams, many being scrub teams, to "expose" you that same way (if thats what you want to call it).

OKC will still have a shot at 60 wins and the 1 seed IMO.

Cal827
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
heat fans are by far the worst on here

Nah man, many just say things to joke around.

Kobephiles are the worst. Jeez, say one bad thing about him, and you might see yourself in an illegal bare knuckle fight in a dark alley on a sunday.

sammyvine
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Nah man, many just say things to joke around.

Kobephiles are the worst. Jeez, say one bad thing about him, and you might see yourself in an illegal bare knuckle fight in a dark alley on a sunday.

heat and kobe fans are pathetic
they argue like lebron and kobe pay them for PR

Cal827
10-01-2013, 07:03 PM
:laugh:

beasted86
10-01-2013, 07:05 PM
heat and kobe fans are pathetic
they argue like lebron and kobe pay them for PR

First thing is there is a key difference between HEAT fans and LeBron fans, as there is Lakers fans and Kobephiles.

Second thing is, there is absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing worse that Kobephiles.

sunsfan88
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Lets see if Durant can now carry the Thunder by himself like LeBron did with the Cavs.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm not so sure he was necessarily desired. 60 wins and the 1 seed in the West while putting up 28/8/5 on 50/40/90+ (not to get into advanced stats, which he shined hugely at) is enough to give him the nod if people really had it against James or were bored by him. It's certainly better individually than we saw from Rose.

you get what I mean. When you get a player like Bron hauling them all in, the media wants to push a change down your throat. While in no way do I disagree that Durant had a much better case of stealing the MVP from James versus when Rose did, I simply meant, the media gets bored of the same old thing.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Lets see if Durant can now carry the Thunder by himself like LeBron did with the Cavs.

1- He isn't LeBron
2- He doesn't play in the east

no chance of it happening, though he still has a decent enough team around him to tread water until Westbrook gets back in December.

tredigs
10-01-2013, 08:14 PM
you get what I mean. When you get a player like Bron hauling them all in, the media wants to push a change down your throat. While in no way do I disagree that Durant had a much better case of stealing the MVP from James versus when Rose did, I simply meant, the media gets bored of the same old thing.

Yeah, they definitely get caught up in the best story, and will give it to that when possible.

EL_MACHETE
10-01-2013, 10:16 PM
First of all..I wish you the best Westbrook on your recovery

I think Okc will be alright, Ino theirs a lot of pressure on Durant to take over this team. But this is the time to prove all of the doubters wrong and take this team to the next level. Their young guys are ready to shine and KD will lead them to the top
Let's Go OKC!

Missing56&33
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
OKC is officially not a threat in the West. KD can't do it by himself. KD don't trust nobody but RW.

After its all said and done...6th seed first round exit.

Hangtime
10-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Sorry, but I don't like this team to win it all even with healthy Westbrook. Harden was a huge piece coming off that bench for them. They will miss that big time.

Matter.
10-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Well now we will see Durant the one we want too see

D-Leethal
10-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I saw Vegas odds opened up at over/under 50 wins for the Thunder?

I might have to jump on that over.

ddt
10-02-2013, 02:29 PM
this could be good to KD for his MVP case. Haha. Goodluck Russell. Patrick Beverly did a nice job!

Vinny642
10-02-2013, 07:15 PM
If only they didn't get Perkins... all would have been right

JordansBulls
10-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Man, this is not looking good for OKC. But then again Bulls in 2011 started with Boozer out 6 weeks and ended up with the best record with Rose getting MVP. So maybe Durant can do the same.