PDA

View Full Version : Jordan: I could take LeBron in my prime; Not sure about Kobe

Pages : [1] 2

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Let's keep this clean, it's all in good fun.

NBA legend Michael Jordan believes he could beat LeBron James in a one-on-one basketball game when he was in his prime.

He's not sure about Kobe Bryant.

In a video promoting the NBA 2K14 video game that is being released today, Jordan said there's a long list of players he would've liked to have played one-on-one -- Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Julius Erving, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Bryant and James, who dons the cover of this year's game.

"I don't think I would lose," Jordan said in the video, before smiling and adding, "Other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves."

Jordan, a six-time NBA champion and considered by many the greatest basketball player ever, has had a sponsorship deal with 2K Sports since 2011, when he first appeared on the cover of the popular game.

The 50-year-old Jordan, who was a five-time league MVP, also shared the cover in 2012 with Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

This year will be the first time on the cover for James, a four-time league MVP who has led the Miami Heat to back-to-back NBA championships.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/michael-jordan-In-his-prime-he-could-beat-lebron-james-others-100113

Cal827
10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
The OP probably didn't mean for this to happen, but nontheless

A THREAD TALKING ABOUT MJ, KOBE, AND LEBRON AT THE SAME TIME!?!!?!?!??!?!?!

Cue the Fireworks in 3....2...1....

ManRam
10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Why would an inferior player who steals your own moves be the one that scares you?

These threads pop up all the time. Who cares?

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Mj respects real legends. He knows that Lebron is hyper overrated.

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Why would an inferior player who steals your own moves be the one that scares you?

Lol, so why even bother opening the thread?

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Cue the Lebron worshippers saying: "MJ is just jealous of Lebron...... wah wah wah......."

jstone0716
10-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Man... I get hating Lebron for the person he is off the court. I f'ing hate the Heat with a burning passion. And that stupid *** headband trying to cover up his receding hairline. But I mean are you really trying to deny his greatness? I'm not a bandwagoner at all. I'm just a fan of the game - Lebron is for real. He's a great... right there next to MJ.

kdspurman
10-01-2013, 11:43 AM

don't know if there's any fear there per say, just based off the way it's written "before smiling and adding", and knowing how MJ is in interviews, I just think he wanted to throw in there that Kobe stole all his moves lol.

When he was asked who he would take between LBJ/Kobe, he laughed and said Kevin Durant (before picking Kobe.)

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Man... I get hating Lebron for the person he is off the court. I f'ing hate the Heat with a burning passion. And that stupid *** headband trying to cover up his receding hairline. But I mean are you really trying to deny his greatness? I'm not a bandwagoner at all. I'm just a fan of the game - Lebron is for real. He's a great... right there next to MJ.

:laugh2: I can't believe you're trying to act like you don't love Lebron. All you do is slobber on his nuts. Nice try! Imo Lebron is the most overrated athlete of all time. Lebron needed RayRay to save him from being 1-3 in the finals vs real teams.

PleaseBeNice

4 mvps, 2 rings, all star selections, gold medalist, rookie of year. you're right

Hellcrooner
Its me or he is taking a JAB at kobe , not praising him.

PleaseBeNice
10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
:laugh2: I can't believe you're trying to act like you don't love Lebron. All you do is slobber on his nuts. Nice try! Imo Lebron is the most overrated athlete of all time. Lebron needed RayRay to save him from being 1-3 in the finals vs real teams.

OK bud, how about artest in game 7 for your boy torn Achilles. i know you're nothing but a troll so i wont quote you anymore

colinskik
10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Clearly MJ said that in jest, but there's no doubt he actually believes it.

And if you're talking 1-on-1, I, too, think Kobe is the better player. His offensive game is much more polished and complete. If you keep Lebron out of the paint we all know his shot isn't always water.

Htownballa1622
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
I wish Lebron would just come back at him and say, "I could take MJ."

It may or may not be true, but it's just arguing somethink that can not be answered. Therefore, it's all just speculation.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 12:06 PM

And if you're talking 1-on-1, I, too, think Kobe is the better player. His offensive game is much more polished and complete. If you keep Lebron out of the paint we all know his shot isn't always water.

MJ knows the game. Who has the best fadeaway since he left? Who has the best jab step jumper? 2 dribble stop pull up J? Stop on a dime spin around J? All the moves MJ perfected Kobe mirrored....

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 12:11 PM

bingo

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 12:12 PM

MJ jabs at every player, that is his nature.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
OK bud, how about artest in game 7 for your boy torn Achilles. i know you're nothing but a troll so i wont quote you anymore

why bother? He loves to ignore Horry saving their butts, or Fisher, or Artest, or anyone for that matter. All great championship teams, at some point in the playoffs, if not a few times, have a role player save their ***.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
4 mvps, 2 rings, all star selections, gold medalist, rookie of year. you're right

0-7 without the best supporting cast ever, Two Bronze medals. Yes I am!

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 12:16 PM
why bother? He loves to ignore Horry saving their butts, or Fisher, or Artest, or anyone for that matter. All great championship teams, at some point in the playoffs, if not a few times, have a role player save their ***.

There were games left to be played had Horry or fisher missed. Allen hit the most clutch shot in basketball history to save Lebrons legacy and gifted him another ring. Artest just had a good game to help the Lakers win, so i don't get that one.

colinskik
10-01-2013, 12:18 PM
MJ knows the game. Who has the best fadeaway since he left? Who has the best jab step jumper? 2 dribble stop pull up J? Stop on a dime spin around J? All the moves MJ perfected Kobe mirrored....

Word.

People like to talk about Melo's all around offensive game (especially around where I am) and it's true that he is gifted offensively, but nobody IMO has as much finesse as Kobe.

koberulesall
10-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Kobe is the greatest one on one player to ever play, he is the best scoring guard of all time in his prime, he still can tear it up, but back in 01 to 09 forget about it.....NOBODY in the league now comes close to pulling off some of the s h i t he did

dAngelo
10-01-2013, 12:25 PM

How is calling someone a thief showing respect?

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 12:28 PM
How is calling someone a thief showing respect?

he doesn't understand the quote. As usual, he is running with it believing it's a compliment for his savior.

Jordan is basically calling Kobe a weak *** version of himself who stole his moves. Ie, "I would rather play LeBron than a poor man's me, because I am that awesome".

How some have not come to the realization that Jordan goes out of his way to torch anyone that can even remotely challenge his greatness is beyond me.

dAngelo
10-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobe is the greatest one on one player to ever play, he is the best scoring guard of all time in his prime, he still can tear it up, but back in 01 to 09 forget about it.....NOBODY in the league now comes close to pulling off some of the s h i t he did

How did you know that he is the greatest one on one player to ever play? Was there a secret one on one tournament that featured all the greats and Kobe won?

archdevil84
10-01-2013, 12:30 PM
i would love to see MJ prime vs Wade prime. would be an awesome matchup!

miller74
10-01-2013, 12:35 PM
1 on 1 isnt basketball

dAngelo
10-01-2013, 12:37 PM
he doesn't understand the quote. As usual, he is running with it believing it's a compliment for his savior.

Jordan is basically calling Kobe a weak *** version of himself who stole his moves. Ie, "I would rather play LeBron than a poor man's me, because I am that awesome".

How some have not come to the realization that Jordan goes out of his way to torch anyone that can even remotely challenge his greatness is beyond me.

Yeah, in fact I think the quote was a jab to Kobe moreso than Lebron. He didn't specifically single out Lebron while jokiingly called out Kobe for stealing his moves.

Jarvo
10-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Who cares at this point??

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 12:39 PM

I seriously doubt MJ is worried about someone that has 2 finals chokes on their resume challenging his greatness. He's good.

Plus Kobe is the closest thing to MJ game wise and ring wise and he's routinely given Kobe his props over Lebron....

flea
10-01-2013, 12:41 PM
There were games left to be played had Horry or fisher missed. Allen hit the most clutch shot in basketball history to save Lebrons legacy and gifted him another ring. Artest just had a good game to help the Lakers win, so i don't get that one.

Please, Kobe's chucking wouldn't have a prayer 1v1 against either MJ or Lebron.

Slug3
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM

Why do you even come on here and post? Nobody takes anything you say serious and you are literally a joke on this forum.

ichitownclowni
10-01-2013, 12:57 PM

That's how I read it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
i would love to see MJ prime vs Wade prime. would be an awesome matchup!
:facepalm:

I seriously doubt MJ is worried about someone that has 2 finals chokes on their resume challenging his greatness. He's good.

Plus Kobe is the closest thing to MJ game wise and ring wise and he's routinely given Kobe his props over Lebron....Plus 1

Please, Kobe's chucking wouldn't have a prayer 1v1 against either MJ or Lebron.
Kobe and Mj would be a great game, Kobe would rip Lebron to shreds one on one.

Why do you even come on here and post? Nobody takes anything you say serious and you are literally a joke on this forum.

*To all Lebron gobblers/2010 Heat fans.

Teeboy1487
10-01-2013, 01:19 PM
The Lebron stans won't be happy about this one lol.

beasted86
10-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Jordan deserves to be cocky, but listening to him you'd think he could never lose in 1 on 1.

Last I recall Chris Jackson (Mahmood Abdul-Rauf) handed Jordan his *** in his prime 7-0 skunk in 1 on 1... so I think more than a few of the names he lists would do the same.

colinskik
10-01-2013, 01:24 PM

That interpretation of the quote is way off base and you know it. Stop reaching.

Yes, Jordan's personality is such that he will always take other players down a peg even if it's while praising them. This is a perfect example of a backhanded compliment.

Think of it this way: If Jordan thinks he is the greatest of all time, then someone who modeled their game after his and had success doing so is by default the "next greatest."

Add to that that this isn't the first time Jordan has spoke to Kobe's greatness, then it become clear this is a compliment even if it is backhanded.

Teeboy1487
10-01-2013, 01:26 PM

And Lebron doesn't? Even Lebron has gone on record and said he uses even some of Kobe's moves.

Kobe is a student of the game. He has of lot of Jordan's moves and he has alot of Jerry West's moves in his repertoire as well. Not to mention Kobe's time spent with Hakeem Olajauwon to improve his post game.

Lebron is also a student of the game. He has said he watches many old school NBA clips to improve his game. You confused me with that statement like it's such a bad thing to learn from the legends of the game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Jordan deserves to be cocky, but listening to him you'd think he could never lose in 1 on 1.

Last I recall Chris Jackson (Mahmood Abdul-Rauf) handed Jordan his *** in his prime 7-0 skunk in 1 on 1... so I think more than a few of the names he lists would do the same.

Probably a made up story, and that was hardly his prime since it was in college.

Chronz
10-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Like Magic said. Hes a better 1 on 1 player, but is he better at running a TEAM?

And MJ and Kobe are from a more similar era, he respects Kobe alot more thats for sure. Its almost as if Bron is still a child to them. Pippen respects Bron more. Seems clear to me that they put alot of stock into similar playing styles

beasted86
10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Probably a made up story, and that was hardly his prime since it was in college.
Jordan wasn't in college, Chris Jackson was. Jordan was doing a showing at a camp as a favor to his college coach. Also I'm pretty sure that was published in Slam or SI, so I'll take their word over yours.

Jordan's early years were his prime. There are a lot of young fans who actually think his 1st comeback years making $30M were his prime, but the truth is he was already on the decline. His prime was his "AIR Jordan" days up until his first retirement.

JNA17
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I....

Forget it. I'm not touching this. Not on this site lol.

Matter.
10-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Why the **** you bringing in achilles? And what about ray Allen in game 6? Shut up please

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I....

http://media.tumblr.com/f722aa9493a1532be5479525848e9bc1/tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

Smart man.

beasted86
10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Seems clear to me that they put alot of stock into similar playing styles

Get out of here... this is the troll/bait thread, no space for common sense.

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Wrong.

ElishaJ1030
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM

In a watered down league.

still1ballin
10-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Nonsense! How is this a troll/bait thread? The OP didn't make this up. Jordan made a comment and its NBA thread worthy. I bet if the tables were turned and Jordan said he would have trouble beating Lebron 1 on 1, this would of been the best thread ever!

If you don't this thread...well..

then don't watch

Byronicle
10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
It's just playful banter people...

This is what happens when 2/3rds of the PSD users don't actually play sports. Just commentators

Bookey
10-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Kobe>>>>Lebron deal with it, #longevity #greatness

tredigs
10-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Lmao at the intentional baiting in the title (Not you OP - I know you just got it from the article). Jordan's not singling out James at all, he's just taking a jab at Kobe. Probably all in fun tho'.

Big Zo
10-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Why couldn't MJ beat any of the elite teams until they were past their primes?

SteBO
10-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Sounds like a little jab at Kobe there.....I'm not understanding the bitterness in this thread if you know this is the type of **** he echoes all the time. Seriously, the guy is like a scratched CD.

Hustla23
10-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Based on the tremendous success that Jordan has had running the Bobcats, I wouldn't question his talent analyzing ability.

Chronz
10-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I....

Why? Its a 1 on 1 affair, ultimately trivial and completely subjective. Whenever an argument starts off with that, you should have zero reason to fear opining.

I still believe Shaq is the greatest 1 on 1 player in the history of the game, simply because defending him with 1 person would be impossible, he would use his girth to prevent the reach and just post you up until you were under the rim, then dunk on you.

Byronicle
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Part in the fun in sports is the trash talking

Guess what every player, current and retired, they all do it. The most humble of players do it

Its what we call playful banter. Sure its a "jab" at KOBE but you mean to say you guys don't take "jabs" at your buddies?

tredigs
10-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Why? Its a 1 on 1 affair, ultimately trivial and completely subjective. Whenever an argument starts off with that, you should have zero reason to fear opining.

I still believe Shaq is the greatest 1 on 1 player in the history of the game, simply because defending him with 1 person would be impossible, he would use his girth to prevent the reach and just post you up until you were under the rim, then dunk on you.

Tap Wilt.

ghettosean
10-01-2013, 03:04 PM
As far as 1 on 1 I agree with what Jordan said only because he's the most intellectual basketball player to ever live and Lebrons main move is putting his shoulder down and using brute strength to get by you without that if he starts trying to chuck up shots it's game over.

Jordan is light years head of Lebron skill wise and intellectually during his prime... I mean honestly if you think about it all Lebron has over Michael is his athleticism and to me that by itself is not enough to beat the man one on one. On a side note Lebron also mentioned that his motivation is to be the best player ever (nothing wrong with having that as motivation) but that ship has sailed a long time ago when he lost with the super team he formed in Miami. On top of this he also plays in a watered down league, no hand checking, players flop like crazy (including LBJ), you can get fouled if someone breathes on you the wrong way... etc... etc. At some point I hope he realizes it's a lost cause as far has him being "the best ever" though I doubt he ever will.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM

Plus Kobe is the closest thing to MJ game wise and ring wise and he's routinely given Kobe his props over Lebron....

And why do you think he routinely gives what you perceive to be props to Kobe over LeBron?

It is because his style resembles Mike's, and he also has heard the chatter that LeBron is the first player since he retired that can possibly push his legacy. Jordan wants none of that.

Again, I find it funny that anyone thinks Mike is ever making a statement that isn't basically putting down any and all challengers to his status.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 03:19 PM
That interpretation of the quote is way off base and you know it. Stop reaching.

Yes, Jordan's personality is such that he will always take other players down a peg even if it's while praising them. This is a perfect example of a backhanded compliment.

Think of it this way: If Jordan thinks he is the greatest of all time, then someone who modeled their game after his and had success doing so is by default the "next greatest."

Add to that that this isn't the first time Jordan has spoke to Kobe's greatness, then it become clear this is a compliment even if it is backhanded.

that is exactly what I meant by the comment dude. Exactly.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Like Magic said. Hes a better 1 on 1 player, but is he better at running a TEAM?

And MJ and Kobe are from a more similar era, he respects Kobe alot more thats for sure. Its almost as if Bron is still a child to them. Pippen respects Bron more. Seems clear to me that they put alot of stock into similar playing styles

exactly what I have been trying to say as well. Add to the fact that Jordan rarely gives real credit to anyone.

Byronicle
10-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Lol you guys are reading WAY too much into this

ghettosean
10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Lol you guys are reading WAY too much into this

When comments are made by the greatest player to ever live people usually tend to read too much into anything he says ;)

Cal827
10-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I swear, MJ probably just lurks under the "guests" and makes comments to make this site go nuts lol

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
And why do you think he routinely gives what you perceive to be props to Kobe over LeBron?

It is because his style resembles Mike's, and he also has heard the chatter that LeBron is the first player since he retired that can possibly push his legacy. Jordan wants none of that.

Again, I find it funny that anyone thinks Mike is ever making a statement that isn't basically putting down any and all challengers to his status.

To the majority of fans there's nothing Lebron can do to catch him. Those two finals blunders are a big deal when your trying to compete with a dude that 6-0. They were saying on First Take this morning he'd have to do something ridiculous like get 7 rings, including at least one with another team. MJ ain't got no worries.

But MJ has said numerous times that he see's that drive, determination, and killer instinct that he had in Kobe. That plus their similar game styles is why he respects him so much.

Dade County
10-01-2013, 03:33 PM
This is easy to break down...

Jordan knows that Kobe can never come close to his air'ness legacy; but Lbj on the other hand. The media could begin to brain wash the youth and casual basketball fans into believing that Lbj could actually come really, really close.

And jordan doesn't like that... Perception is reality to the blind.

I just watched the Jordan interview on espn. WHat people don't realize is that Jordan created the super star foul calling bull crap. So he had an unfair advantage when they started calling all those crazy fouls for him after the Bad Boy Pistons era (take note).

Stars like Kobe & Wade took advantage of this for years too; but just imagine in todays game, where the refs only call super star foul calls for 1 player only... Wouldn't that star player dominate a league too?

I mean Wade got 97 foul calls against Dallas; just image 8 straight years of that just for 1 star player in today's age... That star player would quickly become Jordan too, or come close to Jordan; enters Lbj.

Jordan was the best we all know it, but if you put Lbj, Kobe or Wade back in that time period, and they can keep their super star foul calling treatment; ****! everyone will be looking up to them as if they were jordan too.

All fans have to do is go back before Jordan was untouchable... Yes he was a very talented player and know one could really slow him down; but when it came down to the physical teams, he couldn't get passed them (but yes he's team mates at that time could have been much better, so he could put up a better fight).

ATX
10-01-2013, 03:33 PM

I concur. He is obviously a little threatened by James' building resume.

ryang
10-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Jordan needs attention I guess. Either way no suprise here. Love the Heat but mj is better then Lebron. Just curious why he feels the need to say it all the time.

TrueFan420
10-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Cause his ego is very big. He thinks he can beat anyone else but a copy of himself, even a lesser one, would cause him more problems.

colinskik
10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
that is exactly what I meant by the comment dude. Exactly.

Then I guess we agree?

jerellh528
10-01-2013, 03:42 PM
He's right. He would beat lebron, maybe not kobe. :shrug:

colinskik
10-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Kobe's resume is nipping at MJ's heels too with number of titles.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 03:56 PM
This is easy to break down...

Jordan knows that Kobe can never come close to his air'ness legacy; but Lbj on the other hand. The media could begin to brain wash the youth and casual basketball fans into believing that Lbj could actually come really, really close.

And jordan doesn't like that... Perception is reality to the blind.

I just watched the Jordan interview on espn. WHat people don't realize is that Jordan created the super star foul calling bull crap. So he had an unfair advantage when they started calling all those crazy fouls for him after the Bad Boy Pistons era (take note).

Stars like Kobe & Wade took advantage of this for years too; but just imagine in todays game, where the refs only call super star foul calls for 1 player only... Wouldn't that star player dominate a league too?

I mean Wade got 97 foul calls against Dallas; just image 8 straight years of that just for 1 star player in today's age... That star player would quickly become Jordan too, or come close to Jordan; enters Lbj.

Jordan was the best we all know it, but if you put Lbj, Kobe or Wade back in that time period, and they can keep their super star foul calling treatment; ****! everyone will be looking up to them as if they were jordan too.

All fans have to do is go back before Jordan was untouchable... Yes he was a very talented player and know one could really slow him down; but when it came down to the physical teams, he couldn't get passed them (but yes he's team mates at that time could have been much better, so he could put up a better fight).

It's funny you say that. I just watched game 6 against Utah again. People forget that was like 14-35 that game. He kept chucking bricks but in the last few minutes you couldnt breath on him. He just started bull dozing his way to the hole and daring the refs not to call it. It was ridiculous.

But nobody will remember that of course they'll just remember "the shot."

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 04:01 PM
As far as 1 on 1 I agree with what Jordan said only because he's the most intellectual basketball player to ever live and Lebrons main move is putting his shoulder down and using brute strength to get by you without that if he starts trying to chuck up shots it's game over.

Jordan is light years head of Lebron skill wise and intellectually during his prime... I mean honestly if you think about it all Lebron has over Michael is his athleticism and to me that by itself is not enough to beat the man one on one. On a side note Lebron also mentioned that his motivation is to be the best player ever (nothing wrong with having that as motivation) but that ship has sailed a long time ago when he lost with the super team he formed in Miami. On top of this he also plays in a watered down league, no hand checking, players flop like crazy (including LBJ), you can get fouled if someone breathes on you the wrong way... etc... etc. At some point I hope he realizes it's a lost cause as far has him being "the best ever" though I doubt he ever will.

Post of the thread. You're honestly one of the best posters on this site, keep up the good work.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 04:06 PM

Ok Hawk, I guess we'll just have to take you unbias word for it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 04:08 PM
To the majority of fans there's nothing Lebron can do to catch him. Those two finals blunders are a big deal when your trying to compete with a dude that 6-0. They were saying on First Take this morning he'd have to do something ridiculous like get 7 rings, including at least one with another team. MJ ain't got no worries.

But MJ has said numerous times that he see's that drive, determination, and killer instinct that he had in Kobe. That plus their similar game styles is why he respects him so much.

Not to mention that Lebron was the most clutch shot of all time away from having 3 loses in the finals. Oh and he has 2 Bronze medals.

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
There is is folks. Proof positive. The GOAT just confirmed Kobe was better in his prime. Not that anyone who isn't a complete blind fool didn't already know that... Just good to get some confirmation from the GOAT. Checkmate.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 04:11 PM
i concur. He is obviously a little threatened by james' building resume.

ha!

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:12 PM
When comments are made by the greatest player to ever live people usually tend to read too much into anything he says ;)

Exactly! Who's opinion am I going to trust. The GOAT, or some internet yahoo's who gobble Lebron's nuts on a daily basis. Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
There is is folks. Proof positive. The GOAT just confirmed Kobe was better in his prime. Not that anyone who isn't a complete blind fool didn't already know that... Just good to get some confirmation from the GOAT. Checkmate.

Yup.

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:15 PM

HAHAHAHAHHA!!! Jordan never had to take less money to win a championship.

I Rock Shaqs
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Well if player A does all player B's moves then he knows every counter move as well.

I Rock Shaqs
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Nope but the refs had to take more.

sammyvine
10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
so much butt hurt in this thead

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Nope but the refs had to take more.

Lol... See 2012 Boston series.

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM

Ya, from the usual Leboners spouting their usual nonsense.

JLynn943
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
lol, Jordan is such a tool

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpeo2SQQVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBYnbEATeg

KingPosey
10-01-2013, 04:31 PM
He definitely wasn't giving Kobe the nod there.

If anything he was giving Kobe a little jab for shadowing his game as much as he possibly can.

KingPosey
10-01-2013, 04:32 PM

Ya but up until his what, last two years, he was making 5 million dollars, not 20-30 annually.

Delrayhc
10-01-2013, 04:34 PM

Leboners lololol , your such a hypocrite. Im sure if Kobe went to dunk on you that you would gladly open your mouth.

KingPosey
10-01-2013, 04:37 PM

Ya but up until his what, last two years, he was making 5 million dollars, not 20-30 annually. In fact he made
MUCH less than that 5 a year for his entire career.

5ass
10-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Thats because he wasnt willing to do that for the same of his team? You should be praising bron for sacrificing for his team. Lebron is one of the most underpaid players in the league. Probably the most underpaid amongst veterans.

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Leboners lololol , your such a hypocrite. Im sure if Kobe went to dunk on you that you would gladly open your mouth.

Ah, so now that you Lebronites are out of arguments, you have to resort to grade-school banter. Fail.

hidalgo
10-01-2013, 04:40 PM
i think LeBron would stand a much better chance of beating MJ 1 on 1 than freakin Kobe of all people. the film & the stats show MJ has always been a step above Kobe in about every major category. MJ would make short work of Kobe(KB should be thankfull this matchup can never happen, he'd get beat down), & I don't think Lebron would beat him either, but his size, & defense would give MJ far more problems than KB, a weaker version of himself

I like the fact that he destroyed OJ Mayo(in 2008? sounds like), at 45 years old to do that is awesome. maybe not as great as beating kidd-gillchrist at age 50, but still crazy

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Thats because he wasnt willing to do that for the same of his team? You should be praising bron for sacrificing for his team.

Lol. Lebron was hardly sacrificing. He was called the "King With No Ring" for years until he formed his unholy big three. Nike proclaimed him the "Chosen One" and "The King" right out of high school and he didn't pan out until he took less money to get the best supporting cast in NBA history to finally get the job done and not be known as someone who did not live up to expectations.

amos1er
10-01-2013, 04:44 PM
i think LeBron would stand a much better chance of beating MJ 1 on 1 than freakin Kobe of all people. the film & the stats show MJ has always been a step above Kobe in about every major category. MJ would make short work of Kobe(KB should be thankfull this matchup can never happen, he'd get beat down), & I don't think Lebron would beat him either, but his size, & defense would give MJ far more problems than KB, a weaker version of himself

I like the fact that he destroyed OJ Mayo(in 2008? sounds like), at 45 years old to do that is awesome. maybe not as great as beating kidd-gillchrist at age 50, but still crazy

Stopped reading after that. Lol

numba1CHANGsta
10-01-2013, 04:44 PM
LeBron would choke under pressure against MJ, causing LBJ to shoot more outside shots rather than attack the basket, only reason why people rank LBJ as a good defensive player is because of his length and how high he can jump, other than that he couldnt take on an elite player one-on-one, heck i'd even bet big money that Durant could beat LBJ one-on-one

effen5
10-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Thats because he wasnt willing to do that for the same of his team? You should be praising bron for sacrificing for his team. Lebron is one of the most underpaid players in the league. Probably the most underpaid amongst veterans.

Jordan was one of the most underpaid players in NBA history. He was paid 4mil or less throughout his career until the last 2 years of his career. Lebron right now has out earned MJ for his entire career.

5ass
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Lol. Lebron was hardly sacrificing. He was called the "King With No Ring" for years until he formed his unholy big three. Nike proclaimed him the "Chosen One" and "The King" right out of high school and he didn't pan out until he took less money to get the best supporting cast in NBA history to finally get the job done and not be known as someone who did not live up to expectations.

You realize he doesnt even have the best supporting cast in the NBA today? Durant has a more talented team, and so did Kobe last year.
Also go look at Wade's play off numbers and tell me those are the type of numbers a HOF should put up.

5ass
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Jordan was one of the most underpaid players in NBA history. He was paid 4mil or less throughout his career until the last 2 years of his career. Lebron right now has out earned MJ for his entire career.

Not by choice. Bron chose to be underpaid.

hidalgo
10-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Stopped reading after that. Lolyea I stopped reading your crap after you said MJ has confirmed that Kobe is better than him. lolz that is insane

MJ said before that he'd beat Kobe 1 on 1 "not even close", but you ignored the hell out of that. now you get the tinniest nugget taken out of context(he's probably sayin he might drop 1 or so in a best of 7 out of respect) & you get all excited & run with it(whatever fits your agenda you believe). no way he's just magically saying kobe is the ultra megamaster of the universe & he couldn't beat him. that's absurd. MJ's gonna have to set the record straight when clowns like you take this tinny thing & blow it up (he threw that out there just to add the "he stole all my moves" part. big mistake with so many morons out there). MJ is the all time leader in ppg & playoff ppg, & the only true 30 ppg player ever (playoffs & reg season combined) KB? not even remotely close. MJ does just about everything better. he acts a tad threatened by Lebron, but not threatened whatsoever by Kobe, a watered down generic version of himself. so he has no problem giving KB props cause he's no threat to his legacy like Lebron could become (I think neither come close to Jordan's legacy)

Knick_Fever
10-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Jordan needs attention I guess. Either way no suprise here. Love the Heat but mj is better then Lebron. Just curious why he feels the need to say it all the time.

Thanks for clearing that up. Tell your friends on here to stop getting so bitter over the truth. They're the only ones idiot enough to discredit Michael Jordan's greatness. I do disagree with you though on him saying that all the time, he doesn't. This is the first time he publicly stated that he could beat Lebron, but not Kobe, essentially stating that Kobe in his prime is better than Lebron. In the past he's only stated that he'd take Kobe over Lebron.

ghettosean
10-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Tell your friends on here to stop getting so bitter over the truth. They're the only ones idiot enough to discredit Michael Jordan's greatness. I do disagree with you though on him saying that all the time, he doesn't. This is the first time he publicly stated that he could beat Lebron, but not Kobe, essentially stating that Kobe in his prime is better than Lebron. In the past he's only stated that he'd take Kobe over Lebron.

:clap: +1

ghettosean
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:+1,000,000

He choose to be underpaid so he could form his super team to ring chase... There is such a huge gap between there 2 legacies it's just not even funny. I'm shocked some are still using Lebron's name in the same sentence with MJ.

Shame on you all!!!

5ass
10-01-2013, 05:27 PM

In a one-one-one game situation.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Lebron fans are the most sensitive fans on the earth. If you say anything other than "he's the best player on the planet" they start crying. Just like when MJ said he'd take Kobe over Lebron and 5 rings were betted than one, they had a damn hissy fit.

Reality check MJ has already been on record saying Lebron is the best in the game right now but it's obvious that he respects Kobe as one of the all time greats. Why are people so threatened by that?

Hustla23
10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
As someone who hates Lebron's guts, I still have to say that by the time his career is over, it would be very unlikely that he hasn't surpassed Jordan as the best player to ever play.

copper!
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Lebron fans are the most sensitive fans on the earth. If you say anything other than "he's the best player on the planet" they start crying. Just like when MJ said he'd take Kobe over Lebron and 5 rings were betted than one, they had a damn hissy fit.

Reality check MJ has already been on record saying Lebron is the best in the game right now but it's obvious that he respects Kobe as one of the all time greats. Why are people so threatened by that?
not sure what thread youre reading, but it looks like kobe fans vs everybody else

effen5
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM

Really because if he was a money chaser, he would have walked.

JLynn943
10-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Ah, so now that you Lebronites are out of arguments, you have to resort to grade-school banter. Fail.

:laugh:

You do something, it's fine. Someone else does it, they're "resorting to grade-school banter." How you haven't been perma'd for being nothing but a troll is astounding.

mrblisterdundee
10-01-2013, 05:58 PM
So basically it was a mediocre joke by Jordan that the poster turned into an entire thread.

MickeyMgl
10-01-2013, 06:00 PM

Sure, while perfecting others that Jordan didn't have.

zn23
10-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I agree with Jordan. LeBron is not a 1-on-1 type of player. I'm not sure LeBron could beat Carmelo 1-on-1.

sammyvine
10-01-2013, 06:15 PM
I agree with Jordan. LeBron is not a 1-on-1 type of player. I'm not sure LeBron could beat Carmelo 1-on-1.

this

i think melo and durant because of their range will offer more trouble than lebron. lebron is better than both but one on one is more about skills.

sammyvine
10-01-2013, 06:16 PM
As someone who hates Lebron's guts, I still have to say that by the time his career is over, it would be very unlikely that he hasn't surpassed Jordan as the best player to ever play.

if he wins 4 or more chips then yeah but i cant see it myself. the heat were very lucky to win the last one. if spurs hit one free throw they are champs/
the east this year is also a lot stronger.

Jamiecballer
10-01-2013, 06:21 PM
nothing unusual here. Kobe is the best one on one player since Jordan so it makes sense. Lebron is the best player.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 06:27 PM

How is this possible? Is he about to run off 4 more straight titles or something?

Jamiecballer
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
How is this possible? Is he about to run off 4 more straight titles or something?

we get it. there is only one stat you care about. for most of us it's the complete body of work that counts.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2013, 06:49 PM
not sure what thread youre reading, but it looks like kobe fans vs everybody else

Not true. A lot of people agreeing with MJ are not only NOT fans of Kobe but don't even like him. But anyone with a ounce of basketball knowledge knows he's one of the best one on one players ever. That's not even debatable......

Delrayhc
10-01-2013, 06:53 PM

This would actually be a great post by you if it weren't so hypocritical.

ghettosean
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM

You do realize Bron isn't paying taxes like he would in a place like Chicago right???? Don't kid yourself the kid is about money.

http://www.clevelandmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E73ABD6180B44874871A91F6BA5C249C&nm=Arts+%26+Entertainment&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=1578600D80804596A222593669321019&tier=4&id=887A5D355E78482BB71BDFF36DA3F75D

Lebron James quoted about if he's serious about him eventually being one of the richest people in the world

“One of them. I don’t know if I can be the richest man in the world. Some people were born to a lot of fortune and fame. It’s just about maximizing my financial position.”

ztilzer31
10-01-2013, 07:04 PM
MJ fears LBJ.

Westbrook36
10-01-2013, 07:14 PM

:laugh2:

Wait...Again :laugh2:

Ok..One last time :laugh2:

He's the best player in the NBA, bar none. Cuz lyke Kobe wun dese championships by h!mself, n he b da best, rite?

ryang
10-01-2013, 07:54 PM

I should clarify. Jordan needs attention. He seems to always have something to say about Lebron and I don't think any of it has been positive.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:08 PM
To the majority of fans there's nothing Lebron can do to catch him. Those two finals blunders are a big deal when your trying to compete with a dude that 6-0.

and I agree that is fair. 1000000% fair. I have even stated that LeBron's chances of catching MJ are around 5%. Good luck Bron...

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Then I guess we agree?

yes we do man

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Kobe's resume is nipping at MJ's heels too with number of titles.

problem is, Kobe's numbers are just nowhere near Jordan, when we start looking at peak/prime.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:10 PM

he was actually taking a shot at Kobe, but again, like I said, the Kobe fans here without reason will somehow use this as evidence..

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:12 PM
meh

Jamiecballer
10-01-2013, 08:13 PM
the real shocker in all of this is that Jordan didn't claim he could beat James still

Hawkeye15
10-01-2013, 08:13 PM

sort of the pot calling the kettle black dude. Both players have extremely sensitive fans, cmon now.

South Side Sox
10-01-2013, 08:48 PM
I should clarify. Jordan needs attention. He seems to always have something to say about Lebron and I don't think any of it has been positive.

Really? MJ has never lost a finals series. LeBron has lost 2.

ztilzer31
10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I honestly feel like this is Jordan pecking at Lebron. He knows LBJ is the only one who has a shot. Even if a small one. A shot. All these needless statements.

Sure Jordan. Kobe could beat you, but not Lebron. And Kwame Brown is first pick material.

Can we someday admit that Jordan isn't right about everything in basketball?

ztilzer31
10-01-2013, 08:54 PM

And what if Lebron wins 4 more rings? Would his 8 finals appearances count against him?

His career isn't over, and your argument lacks logic.

ztilzer31
10-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Flawed argument and you know it. He could though. He's that damn good.

Chronz
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Wasn't MJ wrong about how he would defend Bron as well? Scouting reports and all... or do I have that backwards?

Either way, why is ANYONE getting offended by a man giving his opinion of a 1 on 1 affair when what matters is how you help a TEAM.

South Side Sox
10-01-2013, 09:15 PM
And what if Lebron wins 4 more rings? Would his 8 finals appearances count against him?

His career isn't over, and your argument lacks logic.

Won't happen. Maybe two more finals chances.

What the Bulls did won't be repeated for another 20-30 years. That is 6 in 8 years.

Remember Pops bad game management at the end of game 6 (Duncan on the bench) gave the Heat the chance in game 7 as Ray Allen bail them out in that game with that 3 to send the game into OT. If the Spurs rebounded LeBron miss plus make one free throw in the end, LeBron is 1-3.

ryang
10-01-2013, 09:18 PM

What does that have to do with my statement? I already said (shouldn't have to) mj is better then Lebron.

hotdalton18
10-01-2013, 09:19 PM
LeBron is the G.O.A.T

All around numbers say so

Haters sound stupid

hotdalton18
10-01-2013, 09:20 PM
And Jordan is mad he"s not playing anymore , stop bein so salty

ryang
10-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Won't happen. Maybe two more finals chances.

What the Bulls did won't be repeated for another 20-30 years. That is 6 in 8 years.

Remember Pops bad game management at the end of game 6 (Duncan on the bench) gave the Heat the chance in game 7 as Ray Allen bail them out in that game with that 3 to send the game into OT. If the Spurs rebounded LeBron miss plus make one free throw in the end, LeBron is 1-3.

But he isn't 3-1. Listen Chicago fan we all know mj is better. Feel better? Why bother arguing this with anyone? Not worth the time and whoever feels Lebron is better doesn't know basketball or is to young to remember Jordan.

South Side Sox
10-01-2013, 09:22 PM
What does that have to do with my statement? I already said (shouldn't have to) mj is better then Lebron.

Relax.

Thought your statement was supporting LeBron. I did not read the whole thread.

South Side Sox
10-01-2013, 09:23 PM
But he isn't 3-1. Listen Chicago fan we all know mj is better. Feel better? Why bother arguing this with anyone? Not worth the time and whoever feels Lebron is better doesn't know basketball or is to young to remember Jordan.

Read above. the relax part.

5ass
10-01-2013, 09:28 PM

walked away where?

ryang
10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Relax.

Thought your statement was supporting LeBron. I did not read the whole thread.

Pretty relaxed. Kids asleep and house is quiet.

mdm692
10-01-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm not saying Kobe is better but I can see him beating MJ 1 v 1. Kobe is just so talented. His footwork is elite, his defense speaks for itself, the drive and the savvy to go toe to toe with MJ. Also MJ was such a trash talker and Kobe can take it. He's taken it from some of the best irritators in the league over the course of his career and he doesn't even flinch. I can see this being a huge disadvantage for LBJ.

3RDASYSTEM
10-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Because JORDAN is so full of himself he is saying only a clone of himself could challenge him

he basically said what I have been saying about bean, a backup version at that

3RDASYSTEM
10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm not saying Kobe is better but I can see him beating MJ 1 v 1. Kobe is just so talented. His footwork is elite, his defense speaks for itself, the drive and the savvy to go toe to toe with MJ. Also MJ was such a trash talker and Kobe can take it. He's taken it from some of the best irritators in the league over the course of his career and he doesn't even flinch. I can see this being a huge disadvantage for LBJ.

1 on 1 is about basically height/size and make it take it, none of that other **** matters because last I checked a bison cant push around a elephant, BRON is the elephant

zn23
10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
MJ fears LBJ.

I don't look at it like that at all. I mean sure MJ might be a little bit concerned of LeBron's potential to win multiple rings and maybe surpass him. But LeBron is not a good 1-on-1 player. When you play 1-on-1 you start with the ball at the perimeter, behind the 3-point line. There has been many times, watching a Heat or Cavs game, where I've seen LeBron get pushed all the way back to the half court line by a defender. It's just not who he is. He's definitely the best player in the game. I would take him to start a franchise. But in a street game 1-on-1 style, he would struggle.

jerellh528
10-01-2013, 10:03 PM
1 on 1 is about basically height/size and make it take it, none of that other **** matters because last I checked a bison cant push around a elephant, BRON is the elephant

Ok it's not Lebron vs a high schooler. Kobe is still 6'6 over 220 lbs. his superior skills in every facet on offense. And his savvy veteran moves on defense would destroy bron one on one. Especially if fouls would be called.

KobeOwnSU
10-01-2013, 10:09 PM

we get it. there is only one stat you care about. for most of us it's the complete body of work that counts.

There is only one stat, championships. Nothing else matters. Winning is everything.

Chronz
10-01-2013, 10:09 PM

Ok it's not Lebron vs a high schooler. Kobe is still 6'6 over 220 lbs. his superior skills in every facet on offense. And his savvy veteran moves on defense would destroy bron one on one. Especially if fouls would be called.
Yeah , kobe seems ridiculously strong but what about Vs Shaq?

3RDASYSTEM
10-01-2013, 10:10 PM

Not true, I root for BRON and also for JORDAN harder but a game of 1 on 1 BRON would own JORDAN, especially if its make it take it, if not then JORDAN would score a little more but the size/freak of nature ability will put JORDAN away, its no way he can stop BRON in the post

JORDAN doesn't need to go on record to say anything about BRON because we are seeing it first hand, just like we know 5 is more than 1, so I guess using JORDAN's weak analogy he would take PURDUE/KUKOC-3/KERR/RODMAN 5 each over WILT's 2

im not threatened at all, actually im humored and Im sure JORDAN acknowledges WORTHY as one of the all time greats so of course he would add the fellow laker who stole his entire game/persona

KobeOwnSU
10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
LeBron is the G.O.A.T

Haters sound stupid

Yeah...no. As soon as your staement says Haters in it, you are incompetent.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 12:44 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:+1,000,000

He choose to be underpaid so he could form his super team to ring chase... There is such a huge gap between there 2 legacies it's just not even funny. I'm shocked some are still using Lebron's name in the same sentence with MJ.

Shame on you all!!!

Spot on once again. Truth hurts. Lol

4milesperday
10-02-2013, 01:04 AM
1 on 1, neither MJ nor Kobe will score half as much points as lebron. Even Durant has a hard time scoring on bron, why would shorter players find it easier? Ask Laker fans how hard it is for Kobe to get going when Bron is on him. uoeno what Bron did to D Rose, dude took the next season off.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 01:09 AM
1 on 1, neither MJ nor Kobe will score half as much points as lebron. Even Durant has a hard time scoring on bron, why would shorter players find it easier? Ask Laker fans how hard it is for Kobe to get going when Bron is on him. uoeno what Bron did to D Rose, dude took the next season off.

See 2013 All-star game.

beliges
10-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Lebrons' skill level is not on the level of mj or kobes'. At the same time neither mj nor kobe were 6-8, 280 lbs. They're different types of players. Kobe and MJ relied more on their skills, footwork and fundamentals while LBJ takes advantage of and relies more on his size and strength.

RipCity32
10-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Prime Jordan would destroy LeBron 1 on 1.

MTar786
10-02-2013, 04:23 AM
lol lebron fans are trying to twist jordans words. just deal with it. he said what he said. and that is that maybe not kobe. but he could def whoop lebron one on one. why dont you guys just accept it now? lebron isn't all about scoring anyway. he is a better passer than kobe with better court vision and better shot selection. but he isnt gonna beat kobe one on one. one on one is kobes game. kobe would destroy him in that regard. kobe even has jordan when it comes to that. and yeah, kobe did copy mj's moves. he also copied some moves from kareem, dirk, hakeem and also made up his own moves i.e. reverse pivot and all those other amazing fake pivot type of moves hes done

sammyvine
10-02-2013, 06:16 AM
its funny how a lot of people say ''who cares what jordan says' blah blah

kobe and lebron certainly care. He is the GOAT and both players worshipped him when they were growing. thats why when he said that he would take kobe over lebron, there was a big debate that even lebron had to address to the media.
no matter what people say the goat will always be relevant

Guppyfighter
10-02-2013, 06:56 AM
See 2013 All-star game.

LOL

Amoser is a riot.

effen5
10-02-2013, 08:15 AM
walked away where?

Uhh If I remember correctly, wasn't Jordan pretty damn close to going to the Knicks???

krrys11
10-02-2013, 08:45 AM
In my opinion this was a praise and a jab at Kobe at one.
Praise -> He is the only one who can give me troubles (a.k.a. He is the best one on one player out there)
Jab -> He is only that good coz he copied my moves a.k.a. I was the first one and the best one.

In my opinion LeBron without shooting from outside would have trouble in one on one.

ATX
10-02-2013, 09:03 AM
LOL

Amoser is a riot.

A riot indeed...Using the All Star game as evidence of anything other than entertainment is hilarious.

savvy1803
10-02-2013, 09:30 AM

I believe your argument for Shaq has some merit , if all of Shaq's possessions started in the low block , but he would have to have the handles to get the ball down there and do his business and that could be problematic for any big dribbling against smaller faster pickpocket defenders .

ztilzer31
10-02-2013, 09:43 AM
LOL

Amoser is a riot.

Legally mentally challenged I think.

ztilzer31
10-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Amos1er's best quote ever....

"I think the Spurs win this series, and if the Heat win it'll be because of the refs. There's no legitimate way the Heat can win in the NBA finals"

When someone says something like that why do you even consider what they have to say? Amos1er is a jesus freak. But his jesus is kobe and his satan is LBJ.

I just don't know why people still take him seriously. He's the definition of a "hater".

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 11:30 AM
It's pretty funny that Jordan listed a group of great players he could've beat, yet only one players fan base got super sensitive about it and turned it into some kind of diss.......

IKnowHoops
10-02-2013, 12:10 PM

And Lebron is a whole new monster. While Kobe is trying to be like Mike. Lebron is doing things on the court physically that we have never seen before. So Mike is definately irked by the new greatest in the game, and the thought that Lebron is better than him is in many peoples minds and he knows it. Kobe was playing second fiddle to Shaq for a while which pretty much disqualified him already as a possible challenger to the #1 spot.

jerellh528
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM
And Lebron is a whole new monster. While Kobe is trying to be like Mike. Lebron is doing things on the court physically that we have never seen before. So Mike is definately irked by the new greatest in the game, and the thought that Lebron is better than him is in many peoples minds and he knows it. Kobe was playing second fiddle to Shaq for a while which pretty much disqualified him already as a possible challenger to the #1 spot.

What moves is lebron doing that we haven't seen before? the bull rush to the basket? Or the stare at the basket and dribble for a while, pretend to drive then pull up for a jumper? Maybe is it a dunk in transition?

Chronz
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM

I believe your argument for Shaq has some merit , if all of Shaq's possessions started in the low block , but he would have to have the handles to get the ball down there and do his business and that could be problematic for any big dribbling against smaller faster pickpocket defenders .
How would it be problematic? He can back you down from the 3pt line, its not as if he has to worry about being swarmed, its very easy to protect the ball with your back to the offensive player, just get close enough to start your crab dribble and go to work.

Its why I feel Kareem always won his 1 on 1 matchups vs smalls.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 12:24 PM

My point is how is this all about Lebron? He named like 6 players and said he'd beat them ALL except for Kobe. The mere fact that he's mentioning these players means they're all elite. So to twist that and somehow single out Lebron on some "MJ is threatened by him" stuff is a HUGE reach.....

Melo fans aren't crying and his offensive skills are light years better than Lebrons.

ghettosean
10-02-2013, 12:26 PM

What moves is lebron doing that we haven't seen before? the bull rush to the basket? Or the stare at the basket and dribble for a while, pretend to drive then pull up for a jumper? Maybe is it a dunk in transition?

I'm so glad you beat me to this response... Honestly people need to stop talking like Lebron is reinventing the game he has anything but done this. JORDAN reinvented the game... They had to change rules of the game because he was so intelligent and because he really studied the game and would find any tiny holes to use to his advantage. The only rule that they are focusing on changing because of Lebron is flopping :facepalm:

ghettosean
10-02-2013, 12:30 PM
My point is how is this all about Lebron? He named like 6 players and said he'd beat them ALL except for Kobe. The mere fact that he's mentioning these players means they're all elite. So to twist that and somehow single out Lebron on some "MJ is threatened by him" stuff is a HUGE reach.....

Melo fans aren't crying and his offensive skills are light years better than Lebrons.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said!

For anyone who thinks Lebron is better than MJ or still could be better than MJ needs to put the pipe down. MJ is the GOAT and well... Deal with it!

ghettosean
10-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Please put the pipe down!!! PUT IT DOWN SIR!!!

natelpete
10-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Mj knows Kobe doesn't have a chance to catch him, he thinks Lebron might someday so he's just trying to discredit him a little.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Jordan could take KoMe and the Khaleesi at the same time.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Tell your friends on here to stop getting so bitter over the truth. They're the only ones idiot enough to discredit Michael Jordan's greatness. I do disagree with you though on him saying that all the time, he doesn't. This is the first time he publicly stated that he could beat Lebron, but not Kobe, essentially stating that Kobe in his prime is better than Lebron. In the past he's only stated that he'd take Kobe over Lebron.ZIng!!!!!

Reality check MJ has already been on record saying Lebron is the best in the game right now but it's obvious that he respects Kobe as one of the all time greats. Why are people so threatened by that?Because in their mind they really believe Lebron will be goat.

+1

MJ fears LBJ.
Slap Yourself!

:laugh2:

Wait...Again :laugh2:

Ok..One last time :laugh2:

He's the best player in the NBA, bar none. Cuz lyke Kobe wun dese championships by h!mself, n he b da best, rite?
Go look at Kobes roster during his run and then go look at Lebrons. Lebron had ten times the help Kobe did.

and I agree that is fair. 1000000% fair. I have even stated that LeBron's chances of catching MJ are around 5%. Good luck Bron...
0 percent.

3 if Ray Allen didn't hit the clutchest shot in basketball history.

LeBron is the G.O.A.T

Haters sound stupid

HAHAHAHHAHA this kid is serious. This is why Lebron is the most over rated athlete of all time. I can't believe you actually said that. I forget that this site has alot of kids on it.

ryang
10-02-2013, 12:44 PM

While ill agree Melo has more of an offensive game Lebron seems to have no trouble scoring more then him come playoff time. Why would Melo fans get upset? Melo isn't even close to Lebrons level let alone Jordan's. who were the 6 players??

ryang
10-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by zn23

Oh my. You and illusion can't be serious? On top of that the nba is a Team game. I got 50 bucks says Peyton manning could throw the ball better in practice better then Brady. See how stupid that sounds.

FlashBolt
10-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Jordan and Bryant just love double teaming against LJ every opportunity that passes by them. It's getting quite old. How will Jordan and Kobe stop James from driving to the paint? Unless you're a center or power forward, there really is no answer for James driving against anyone.

ryang
10-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I bet Jordan is sitting on his couch schooling Lebron in nba 2k14.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
While ill agree Melo has more of an offensive game Lebron seems to have no trouble scoring more then him come playoff time. Why would Melo fans get upset? Melo isn't even close to Lebrons level let alone Jordan's. who were the 6 players??

His exact words were he wouldve liked to play Jerry West, Baylor, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Melo in their primes. And that he would beat them all except for Kobe, because he steals all his moves.

The thread title is misleading, like he basically just singled out Kobe/ lebron.....

MTar786
10-02-2013, 01:39 PM
as far as i know he classified lebron in the same breath as wade and those other guys. the only man he singled out was kobe.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Jordan and Bryant just love double teaming against LJ every opportunity that passes by them. It's getting quite old. How will Jordan and Kobe stop James from driving to the paint? Unless you're a center or power forward, there really is no answer for James driving against anyone.

It's not like Mj was a defensive player of the year before, or one of the greatest wing defenders of all time,Oh wait...

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 02:06 PM
as far as i know he classified lebron in the same breath as wade and those other guys. the only man he singled out was kobe.

Real Legends respect each other.

ghettosean
10-02-2013, 02:08 PM
His exact words were he wouldve liked to play Jerry West, Baylor, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Melo in their primes. And that he would beat them all except for Kobe, because he steals all his moves.

The thread title is misleading, like he basically just singled out Kobe/ lebron.....

All of them are great players as well he did not single anyone out in particular except for Kobe and I don't hear any of those fans crying about what MJ said at all. Can we just get one person cry about Kobe to make it seem like it doesn't look like just the heat fans are overly sensitive?

ryang
10-02-2013, 03:26 PM

Thanks. Didn't realize that. He still needs to just hang em up and stop commenting on todays players. We get it. Back in the day they were men. Now it's a child's game. Who cares?

ryang
10-02-2013, 03:27 PM
All of them are great players as well he did not single anyone out in particular except for Kobe and I don't hear any of those fans crying about what MJ said at all. Can we just get one person cry about Kobe to make it seem like it doesn't look like just the heat fans are overly sensitive?

Why would laker or Kobe fans cry? He complimented Kobe. Why would any fan get upset anyways? He's the best of all time. Only thing I get tire of is hearing him repeat it once every 6 months. We know and the ones who don't are homers.

jerellh528
10-02-2013, 03:29 PM
LeBoners love making everything about lebron. He wasn't even singled out by MJ, only kobe was. But now it's a Kobe VS Lebron. haha give it a rest, Kobe is 35, lebron is in his prime. Sad to still be comparing kobe to the leagues best player, but i guess thats a testament to kobe's superior skill set and work ethic. Why are LeBoners so insecure? calm down yes hes currently the best player in the nba.

jerellh528
10-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks. Didn't realize that. He still needs to just hang em up and stop commenting on todays players. We get it. Back in the day they were men. Now it's a child's game. Who cares?

He was asked that question in an interview. what do you want him to say? no comment. It's not his fault 2k14 hit him up and asked him that question.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:39 PM

I wouldn't even call them Heat fans because there were not Heat fans on this site until July 2010. They are Lebronites and yes, they do get overly sensitive whenever someone doesn't fall down and lick his balls like they do. If you don't think Lebron is half god and shoots lasers out of his eyes, they will label you a hater. To them he is perfect and any fair criticism one might have will be labeled as "hating". It's truly comical.

Byronicle
10-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I still cannot believe people

THIS IS CALLED PLAYFUL BANTER. THIS IS WHAT ATHLETES DO. NONE OF THESE ATHLETES ARE TAKING WHAT MJ SAID PERSONALLY BECAUSE THEY DO THIS ALL THE TIME IN EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN SPORT

Everyone is acting like they personally know these players but from an fellow athlete's perspective, this is a classic case of light hearted trash talking. I say guys cheese my moves all the time even though I don't actually have ownership over them!! And neither does MJ!!! He's messin around!

And MJ would beat Kobe 1 on 1 anyday. MJ was a DPOY. He is more complete then Kobe will ever be and to play 1 on 1 you got to be able to do both offense and defense.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:42 PM
LeBoners love making everything about lebron. He wasn't even singled out by MJ, only kobe was. But now it's a Kobe VS Lebron. haha give it a rest, Kobe is 35, lebron is in his prime. Sad to still be comparing kobe to the leagues best player, but i guess thats a testament to kobe's superior skill set and work ethic. Why are LeBoners so insecure? calm down yes hes currently the best player in the nba.

Lol there are guys on this site that honestly believe that Lebron could take both Kobe and Jordan one on one and that Lebron is already higher than Kobe on the all time top ten list. It's definitely an up hill battle with guys who are that delusional. You just really have to sit back and laugh at some point.

Dade County
10-02-2013, 03:42 PM

He choose to be underpaid so he could form his super team to ring chase...

So an athlete takes less money, in todays world & people want to bash him for it? Insanity!

Lbj should be congratulated, everyone is too much about their money to even think outside the box like he did. And thats why they will be locked out (no rings); and deep down most fan basses know it, thats why they hate.

There is such a huge gap between there 2 legacies it's just not even funny. I'm shocked some are still using Lebron's name in the same sentence with MJ.

The media created that gap between Jordan and everyone else legacy; so it's only right to presume, that the media can re-create that for Lbj, to make them just a little bit closer.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:44 PM

THIS IS CALLED PLAYFUL BANTER. THIS IS WHAT ATHLETES DO. NONE OF THESE ATHLETES ARE TAKING WHAT MJ SAID PERSONALLY BECAUSE THEY DO THIS ALL THE TIME IN EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN SPORT

Everyone is acting like they personally know these players but from an fellow athlete's perspective, this is a classic case of light hearted trash talking. I say guys cheese my moves all the time even though I don't actually have ownership over them!! And neither does MJ!!! He's messin around!

And MJ would beat Kobe 1 on 1 anyday. MJ was a DPOY. He is more complete then Kobe will ever be and to play 1 on 1 you got to be able to do both offense and defense.

So an award means that someone is automatically the better defender or player? Guess that means Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol are the two best defenders in the NBA then. Nice logic there buddy.

jerellh528
10-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Yeah prime kobe sucked on defense, you're right he can't do both. He only plays offense. I wish prime kobe would just guard someone one time and be one of the best perimeter defender of his era.

NYKnickFanatic
10-02-2013, 03:45 PM

To be fair, although Kobe does not have a DPOY award, he did make the All-Defensive team 12 times. :)

koberulesall
10-02-2013, 03:47 PM
How did you know that he is the greatest one on one player to ever play? Was there a secret one on one tournament that featured all the greats and Kobe won?

ok then kobe is the greatest one on five player to ever play thats even more impressive than one on one LOL!!!!!!! also you are a f a g

jerellh528
10-02-2013, 03:48 PM
So an athlete takes less money, in todays world & people want to bash him for it? Insanity!

Lbj should be congratulated, everyone is too much about their money to even think outside the box like he did. And thats why they will be locked out (no rings); and deep down most fan basses know it, thats why they hate.

The media created that gap between Jordan and everyone else legacy; so it's only right to presume, that the media can re-create that for Lbj, to make them just a little bit closer.

Rings taste sweeter when you don't team up with your foes to acquire them. It's not thinking outside the box. It's taking the easy way out. Maybe those other guys you're talking about just want to win the right way. Not the lebron way. Plenty of players could take pay cuts to form super teams if they wanted to, its not like a couple million is going to not be enough to feed their families. But it's usually the older guys that do it because their time is running out and they couldnt do it the right way yet still wanna experience a championship, not prime guys.

NYKnickFanatic
10-02-2013, 03:49 PM

I just took the title from the article. Don't shoot the messenger. It's not my fault people can't read the article that I posted and put in BOLD for them to see.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:51 PM

Lol... I love this new propaganda about how Lebron sacrificed by taking less money. LMAO!!! For Lebron, taking less money to team up with two top tier superstars when the media anointed him "the chosen one" and "the king" and he couldn't get the job done on his own with the team that drafted him is not a sacrifice, it's a handicap... i.e stacking the deck in his favor. Why would someone who was proclaimed to be the guy who is going to surpass Jordan need to do such a thing just to win a ring when Jordan and Kobe were able to win multiple rings with conventional supporting casts. Lebron needed to win in order to live up to the godlike standards the media set for him, so he played for less than his market value in order to get enough help to do what he couldn't do on his own and what Kobe and Jordan had done multiple times on their own. Make no mistake, there is nothing honorable about that.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Rings taste sweeter when you don't team up with your foes to acquire them. It's not thinking outside the box. It's taking the easy way out. Maybe those other guys you're talking about just want to win the right way. Not the lebron way. Plenty of players could take pay cuts to form super teams if they wanted to, its not like a couple million is going to not be enough to feed their families. But it's usually the older guys that do it because their time is running out and they couldnt do it the right way yet still wanna experience a championship, not prime guys.

Truth.

TheIlladelph16
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Post of the thread. You're honestly one of the best posters on this site, keep up the good work.

Ok Hawk, I guess we'll just have to take you unbias word for it.

Not to mention that Lebron was the most clutch shot of all time away from having 3 loses in the finals. Oh and he has 2 Bronze medals.

ha!

Exactly! Who's opinion am I going to trust. The GOAT, or some internet yahoo's who gobble Lebron's nuts on a daily basis. Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Yup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpeo2SQQVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBYnbEATeg

This **** is why the NBA forum is universally mocked throughout PSD. Capped off by the end-all-be-all evidence of youtube videos.

Thank you for reminding me why I rarely comment or even read these threads anymore.

I don't understand why anyone really cares what Michael Jordan has to say all that much. He has spent the entirety of his retirement running the Bobcats into the ground and taking shots at current players. Also, he is clearly taking a shot at Kobe here as well as Lebron. If you can't see that, well you'd be these two guys above.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 03:59 PM
This **** is why the NBA forum is universally mocked throughout PSD. Capped off by the end-all-be-all evidence of youtube videos.

Thank you for reminding me why I rarely comment or even read these threads anymore.

I don't understand why anyone really cares what Michael Jordan has to say all that much. He has spent the entirety of his retirement running the Bobcats into the ground and taking shots at current players. Also, he is clearly taking a shot at Kobe here as well as Lebron. If you can't see that, well you'd be these two guys above.

I love how it seems to bother everybody when someone constantly critiques Lebron, yet when someone is constantly gobbling his nuts or trashing Kobe, they don't seem to mind. Whats even more amusing is that they pretend like they are impartial observers with no bias one way or another. :rolleyes:

Now watch as they go cry to the mods for help when their guy is getting trashed in a fair way so that they can get everybody banned that doesn't agree with them so that this site can become a Utopia for Lebron nuthuggers.

smiddy012
10-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Tired of seeing people act like half of Lebron's greatness is due to his physical abilities. Lebron athletically is to forwards what MJ was athletically to guards, prime MJ was just as much of a freak compared to the league back then as Lebron is today (although MJ probably hit his physical peak sooner in his relative career). Kobe too was exceptionally athletic in his prime. Also, the last 3 seasons LBJ has improved dramatically in most, if not all, "skill" facets of the game (shooting, post-up, etc.), to a point where, skill-wise, he is comparable to prime MJ and Kobe (it's not like there is this giant gap between any of the three).

Also, I will admit that MJ was/is a genuine douche throughout his lifetime, but to see Kobe fans continually berate Lebron for his "decision" or character flaws is... slightly ironic. Perhaps Kobe is more like MJ in the fact that he lucked out with a good/great franchise to start with, and plays the game with venom in his veins, but LBJ is more like MJ when it comes to being a great teammate on the court (particularly post-decision).

I've been one of Lebrons biggest critics. Between the decision, the way he quit on Cleveland against the Celtics, and some of the things he's said, I developed a strong distaste for him and his mentality. All that is a good year ago at least though, and I genuinely think he's cleaned up his act (aka matured as a man) since then.

I certainly don't root for the guy as a Bulls fan, but after LBJs last two seasons, he's definitely improved his "skills" beyond what I thought possible. And you gotta respect that, because you can tell he finally put his heart and committed to the game. Granted hes got a great cast to lean on and open the floor, but Lebron has clearly evolved to be one of the most overall skilled players in league history. Anything less is ignorant and misleading.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 04:00 PM
You want some cheese to go with that wine?

Byronicle
10-02-2013, 04:04 PM
So an award means that someone is automatically the better defender or player? Guess that means Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol are the two best defenders in the NBA then. Nice logic there buddy.

Never said that but great reading comprehension skills there buddy!

MJ is hands down a better defender. You don't need awards to prove that but it does help justify that he was a better defender than Kobe.

being a better OFFENSIVE PLAYER and better DEFENSIVE PLAYER usually equals a BETTER PLAYER all around. Like i said, and don't misconstrue this, MJ is a MORE COMPLETE player.

its in caps to help you read better.

Yeah prime kobe sucked on defense, you're right he can't do both. He only plays offense. I wish prime kobe would just guard someone one time and be one of the best perimeter defender of his era.

never said he can't do both. MJ is more complete then Kobe. MJ has proven to be the BEST defensive player in the league. I never said Kobe is god awful at defense but his defense is no where near MJ and his offense might be closer.

To be fair, although Kobe does not have a DPOY award, he did make the All-Defensive team 12 times. :)

9 times first team for both players. i don't even know how Kobe got that many, he's not a good defensive player.

ztilzer31
10-02-2013, 04:04 PM

Why don't you give this critique to Kobe? He tried to leave LA when he wasn't winning after winning 3 rings, and playing with the greatest Center at the time in the NBA. He's gotten 4 great 7 footers on his team in his career (okay dwight isn't 7 feet but you get the picture) Ron Artest, and a bunch of hall of famers and great bench players.

Lebron didn't get someone with Pau's/Ron Artests/Prime Shaq or any of those talents ever. Cleveland had pathetic draft after pathetic draft, and never made a move to get any talent around James.

Also I think it's funny how you act like you know how rings taste. I'm sure you have plenty of NBA championship rings lol.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Tired of seeing people act like half of Lebron's greatness is due to his physical abilities. Lebron athletically is to forwards what MJ was athletically to guards, prime MJ was just as much of a freak compared to the league back then as Lebron is today (although MJ probably hit his physical peak sooner in his relative career). Kobe too was exceptionally athletic in his prime. Also, the last 3 seasons LBJ has improved dramatically in most, if not all, "skill" facets of the game (shooting, post-up, etc.), to a point where, skill-wise, he is comparable to prime MJ and Kobe (it's not like there is this giant gap between any of the three).

Also, I will admit that MJ was/is a genuine douche throughout his lifetime, but to see Kobe fans continually berate Lebron for his "decision" or character flaws is... slightly ironic. Perhaps Kobe is more like MJ in the fact that he lucked out with a good/great franchise to start with, and plays the game with venom in his veins, but LBJ is more like MJ when it comes to being a great teammate on the court (particularly post-decision).

I've been one of Lebrons biggest critics. Between the decision, the way he quit on Cleveland against the Celtics, and some of the things he's said, I developed a strong distaste for him and his mentality. All that is a good year ago at least though, and I genuinely think he's cleaned up his act (aka matured as a man) since then.

I certainly don't root for the guy as a Bulls fan, but after LBJs last two seasons, he's definitely improved his "skills" beyond what I thought possible. And you gotta respect that, because you can tell he finally put his heart and committed to the game. Granted hes got a great cast to lean on and open the floor, but Lebron has clearly evolved to be one of the most overall skilled players in league history. Anything less is ignorant and misleading.

So anyone who doesn't see it your way is wrong eh? Are you familiar with what a false dilemma fallacy is?

RCarlson85
10-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Haha, classic. Jordan is only saying he could beat Lebron because he knows Lebron is the greatest threat to his title as GOAT. He has to try to bring him down however he can so people don't forget how great he is.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Never said that but great reading comprehension skills there buddy!

No, but you pretty much implied by mentioning it.

MJ is hands down a better defender. You don't need awards to prove that but it does help justify that he was a better defender than Kobe.

Never said that I didn't agree with MJ being the better defender, just with your logic by using the DPOY award as your justification and only piece of real evidence.

being a better OFFENSIVE PLAYER and better DEFENSIVE PLAYER usually equals a BETTER PLAYER all around. Like i said, and don't misconstrue this, MJ is a MORE COMPLETE player.

This is your opinion. You should just have more facts than a single award as your justifications, thats all. Not sure who would win one on one between MJ and Kobe, it would be very close for sure. As far was who had the better career, thats MJ without a doubt... As far as one on one, thats still pretty debatable as one has nothing to do with the other.

its in caps to help you read better.

Thank you for your consideration.

jerellh528
10-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Why don't you give this critique to Kobe? He tried to leave LA when he wasn't winning after winning 3 rings, and playing with the greatest Center at the time in the NBA. He's gotten 4 great 7 footers on his team in his career (okay dwight isn't 7 feet but you get the picture) Ron Artest, and a slue of hall of famers and great bench players.

Then he has 2 season of bad teams and he wanted out.

Lebron didn't get someone with Pau's/Ron Artests/Prime Shaq or any of those talents ever. Cleveland had pathetic draft after pathetic draft, and never made a move to get any talent around James.

Also I think it's funny how you act like you know how rings taste. I'm sure you have plenty of NBA championship rings lol.

Did he leave? He called the FOs bluff and demanded an upgraded roster, one that had luke walton as one of its top ****ing players, their shooting threat was brian cook lol, starting center was chris mihm. Those years the roster maybe one of the worst in league history. Yet kobe somehow kept getting them into the playoffs in a stacked west. Lebrons cleveland roster was head and shoulders above kobe's lakers and was in a weak *** east conference. Who are these slew of hall of famers and great bench players youre talking about? the 40 year olds and past prime artest? or maybe slava medvedenko? Pau gasol was the only real legit acquirement since shaq left and he won 2 titles with him, Bynum never played enough to be a major factor. Their third best player was an inconsistant lamar odom who is now out of the league and a crack head.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Haha, classic. Jordan is only saying he could beat Lebron because he knows Lebron is the greatest threat to his title as GOAT. He has to try to bring him down however he can so people don't forget how great he is.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And Lebron fans wonder why they don't get any respect. :rolleyes:

RCarlson85
10-02-2013, 04:27 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And Lebron fans wonder why they don't get any respect. :rolleyes:

Haha, you're pretty funny. Why don't you add a couple more dumb-*** rolling emoticon smiles next time to really get the point across how funny you think you are.

I'm not a Lebron fan, I'm a Heat fan, as in since 1995. If you weren't so blinded by our obvious Kobe love you would maybe be able to see things more clearly. You're also just butt hurt by the fact that Lebron will be considered better than Kobe when both of their careers are over. There's no one except blind/biased Lakers fans that would think that Kobe is better than Jordan. Kobe's career is on the down-swing so he's basically out of chances to add to his resume/championships and challenge Jordan while Lebron still has years left to do both.

When someone feels threatened by someone, they try to do whatever they can to discredit them and bring them down. All great athletes want to continue to be great after their careers are over so I don't blame Jordan for saying this. It is absolutely an attempt to dimish what Lebron has accomplished thus far in his career though.

ryang
10-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Lol... I love this new propaganda about how Lebron sacrificed by taking less money. LMAO!!! For Lebron, taking less money to team up with two top tier superstars when the media anointed him "the chosen one" and "the king" and he couldn't get the job done on his own with the team that drafted him is not a sacrifice, it's a handicap... i.e stacking the deck in his favor. Why would someone who was proclaimed to be the guy who is going to surpass Jordan need to do such a thing just to win a ring when Jordan and Kobe were able to win multiple rings with conventional supporting casts. Lebron needed to win in order to live up to the godlike standards the media set for him, so he played for less than his market value in order to get enough help to do what he couldn't do on his own and what Kobe and Jordan had done multiple times on their own. Make no mistake, there is nothing honorable about that.

Please don't compare organizations. The lakers and the bulls front office has been and will always be 10 steps ahead of Cleveland's. Put Kobe on those cavs teams. He would demand a trade after two years. Kobe would never have won a ring on those teams. To think otherwise is foolish. Feel how you want with the big 3 forming but they did it to beat boston. Why is this so confusing. Out kg, pierce and ray back togeather in there primes and this would be a Heat vs celtics ECF every year. Sorry they got old. The big 3 chose not to wait for them to break down.

RCarlson85
10-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Wow, see I had a feeling you were a delusional Kobe lover and here's the proof. If you think Kobe won any rings on his own, your opinions are automatically invalid because you obviously have no clue at all what you're talking about. Jordan did it more on his own but he still had a side-kick that I would say compared favorably to Wade in Pippen. That's not to mention anyone else like Rodman or Horace Grant.

Kobe was lucky enough to come to a Lakers team that already had the most dominant big man in the game in Shaq. All the rings he won at that point were because he was teamed with Shaq. At that point Shaq was still in his prime and at the top of his game and the more dominant player. At that point Shaq was more like current Lebron while Kobe was like current Wade, Robin to Batman. Then after Shaq left, Kobe couldn't get it done BY HIMSELF so he whined and *****ed until they brought in people like Bynum, Pau, Odom, Artest. Only then did he win another ring. So just stop with the stupidity that Kobe won by himself.

If you don't think Lebron could have won a championship every year by himself AKA with a team of prime Shaq or Bynum, Pau, Odom, Artest, etc you may be even more delusional that I already think you are.

ghettosean
10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Haha, you're pretty funny. Why don't you add a couple more dumb-*** rolling emoticon smiles next time to really get the point across how funny you think you are.

I'm not a Lebron fan, I'm a Heat fan, as in since 1995. If you weren't so blinded by our obvious Kobe love you would maybe be able to see things more clearly. You're also just butt hurt by the fact that Lebron will be considered better than Kobe when both of their careers are over. There's no one except blind/biased Lakers fans that would think that Kobe is better than Jordan. Kobe's career is on the down-swing so he's basically out of chances to add to his resume/championships and challenge Jordan while Lebron still has years left to do both.

When someone feels threatened by someone, they try to do whatever they can to discredit them and bring them down. All great athletes want to continue to be great after their careers are over so I don't blame Jordan for saying this. It is absolutely an attempt to dimish what Lebron has accomplished thus far in his career though.

Dude I think he's laughing more at the fact that every heat fan in the thread is talking as if Jordan single handedly dissed up Lebron and said he could just beat him. He mentioned 5 or 6 great elite players and was pretty much grouping Lebron in those elite players. Jordan said he thinks he would have beat them all except Kobe "Because he stole all my moves". Kobe fans should be offended but every heat fan is taking this as a butt hurt insult.

Honestly :facepalm:

For the record he probably would beat everyone he mentioned and saying Kobe would be his biggest challenge is pretty fair cause even if it's one on one and Kobe for the life of him couldn't get by MJ in a 1 on 1 match up he could shoot. Lebrons only move is to put his head down and bull to the rim and if he can't do that all he can do is shoot and he can't shoot he proved that in game 6 with yet another clunker in crunch time.

ghettosean
10-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Please don't compare organizations. The lakers and the bulls front office has been and will always be 10 steps ahead of Cleveland's. Put Kobe on those cavs teams. He would demand a trade after two years. Kobe would never have won a ring on those teams. To think otherwise is foolish. Feel how you want with the big 3 forming but they did it to beat boston. Why is this so confusing. Out kg, pierce and ray back togeather in there primes and this would be a Heat vs celtics ECF every year. Sorry they got old. The big 3 chose not to wait for them to break down.

I am not a Kobe fan at all... Not even in the slightest and if you read back on anything I ever wrote on this site I've never praised the man unless he deserved praise but I will say this about what you said regarding Lebron and the big 3. Kobe not only took the biggest cash deal he could get when he resigned with the Lakers because he was the best player in the league when he signed his deal when the lakers were bottom feeders (meaning he didn't leave any extra cash on the table to acquire extra talent like Lebron, Wade and Bosh) but he beat the Boston big 3 with Gasol and a crackhead.

He didn't need pull a Lebron and team up with the 2nd best player in the league and another top 20 player in Bosh and leave money on the table so they could sign extra talent and still lose in the 1st year against Dallas when things got rough. Kobe might have demanded a trade like you are mentioning but he didn't promise his home state/team that he would NEVER leave until he won a ring in Cleveland. There is a huge difference between these 2 players and well if LBJ was on Kobe's Laker squad with Gasol and them I think he'd still be ringless he had enough trouble with the super team he has now nevermind if he had Kobe's team trying to get by Boston in the Finals or the Spurs in the West... etc.

Ringless!

HouRealCoach
10-02-2013, 05:57 PM
He was joking about Kobe... He know he could beat him and that he's better

PurpleLynch
10-02-2013, 06:01 PM

He's not giving jabs,but subtle uppercuts at Kb and James at the same time. This thread will explode anyway.

Bostonjorge
10-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Jordan knows he's the best player ever and he always only says kobe is the closest thing to him. 1 on 1 kobe has more fire power then jordan. It would of been the biggest draw then any other 2 player combination.

Jordan or every other great old player use to love lebron untill he teamed up to finally win. This will always be brought up when talking about lebron's career for taking an easy way out. No matter how much other defend it. Players like Barkley dared to be the best and he gave it his all. He could of joined lets say Miami and teamed up with jordan and shaq to win but he wanted to win like the greats that came before.

Lebron is great at playing with teams that are the best or have the most talent. Lebron needs these conditions to win. Losing with these conditions one year is why Jordan discredits him because can't think of any other top 50 player that would fail with these odds.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't even call them Heat fans because there were not Heat fans on this site until July 2010. They are Lebronites and yes, they do get overly sensitive whenever someone doesn't fall down and lick his balls like they do. If you don't think Lebron is half god and shoots lasers out of his eyes, they will label you a hater. To them he is perfect and any fair criticism one might have will be labeled as "hating". It's truly comical.

This is gold.

ztilzer31
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Did he leave? He called the FOs bluff and demanded an upgraded roster, one that had luke walton as one of its top ****ing players, their shooting threat was brian cook lol, starting center was chris mihm. Those years the roster maybe one of the worst in league history. Yet kobe somehow kept getting them into the playoffs in a stacked west. Lebrons cleveland roster was head and shoulders above kobe's lakers and was in a weak *** east conference. Who are these slew of hall of famers and great bench players youre talking about? the 40 year olds and past prime artest? or maybe slava medvedenko? Pau gasol was the only real legit acquirement since shaq left and he won 2 titles with him, Bynum never played enough to be a major factor. Their third best player was an inconsistant lamar odom who is now out of the league and a crack head.

Lol probably not your best avenue of defense considering I'm pretty sure Lebron has never missed the playoffs in his entire career.

Kobe's lineups have always been stacked. He was drafted by a very good franchise that was amazing at getting players. I'm sure if LBJ had gotten that type of talent constantly

Also LOL at you calling it a bluff. Kobe straight said he was serious about leaving on Jimmy Kimmel like a year ago hahaha. Unless you think he's still bluffing. lol.

Artest was only 30. He was still a great player and didn't start falling off till 2 years go. Bynum wasn't consistent, but he was still the best offensive Center in the game. Pau Gasol was a straight STEAL. People try to act like Kobe made him, and Pau was GREAT before Kobe, and carried a ****** Memphis squad. Derek Fisher. Robbert Horry. PRIME Shaq. Lamar Odom was great, and you calling him a crackhead trying to discount his ability is stupid. I find it funny you'll **** on your own teams players just to promote Kobe.

Kobe has been on stacked teams with the GOAT coach. LBJ played with fat Shaq and Mo Williams. You trying to defend that is straight pathetic. Like it's even a debate who has had the better surrounding cast.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Lol there are guys on this site that honestly believe that Lebron could take both Kobe and Jordan one on one and that Lebron is already higher than Kobe on the all time top ten list. It's definitely an up hill battle with guys who are that delusional. You just really have to sit back and laugh at some point.
Go back a few pages, one of these clowns actually said he's already goat.LMAO!

Rings taste sweeter when you don't team up with your foes to acquire them. It's not thinking outside the box. It's taking the easy way out. Maybe those other guys you're talking about just want to win the right way. Not the lebron way. Plenty of players could take pay cuts to form super teams if they wanted to, its not like a couple million is going to not be enough to feed their families. But it's usually the older guys that do it because their time is running out and they couldnt do it the right way yet still wanna experience a championship, not prime guys.Great post.

Lol... I love this new propaganda about how Lebron sacrificed by taking less money. LMAO!!! For Lebron, taking less money to team up with two top tier superstars when the media anointed him "the chosen one" and "the king" and he couldn't get the job done on his own with the team that drafted him is not a sacrifice, it's a handicap... i.e stacking the deck in his favor. Why would someone who was proclaimed to be the guy who is going to surpass Jordan need to do such a thing just to win a ring when Jordan and Kobe were able to win multiple rings with conventional supporting casts. Lebron needed to win in order to live up to the godlike standards the media set for him, so he played for less than his market value in order to get enough help to do what he couldn't do on his own and what Kobe and Jordan had done multiple times on their own. Make no mistake, there is nothing honorable about that.Preach!!!!!!

Then don't watch.

Just another delusional Lebron gobbler. Get it through your head, Lebron will never touch MJ!

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Lol probably not your best avenue of defense considering I'm pretty sure Lebron has never missed the playoffs in his entire career.

Kobe's lineups have always been stacked. He was drafted by a very good franchise that was amazing at getting players. I'm sure if LBJ had gotten that type of talent constantly

Also LOL at you calling it a bluff. Kobe straight said he was serious about leaving on Jimmy Kimmel like a year ago hahaha. Unless you think he's still bluffing. lol.

Artest was only 30. He was still a great player and didn't start falling off till 2 years go. Bynum wasn't consistent, but he was still the best offensive Center in the game. Pau Gasol was a straight STEAL. People try to act like Kobe made him, and Pau was GREAT before Kobe, and carried a ****** Memphis squad. Derek Fisher. Robbert Horry. PRIME Shaq. Lamar Odom was great, and you calling him a crackhead trying to discount his ability is stupid. I find it funny you'll **** on your own teams players just to promote Kobe.

Kobe has been on stacked teams with the GOAT coach. LBJ played with fat Shaq and Mo Williams. You trying to defend that is straight pathetic. Like it's even a debate who has had the better surrounding cast.

Kobe lead a much less talented team than Lebron to back to back titles. Lebron and the cavs were favorites to win it all his last two year and failed to make it to the finals. Now look at how stacked Lebrons teams are now compared to the eastern competition. What a travesty.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Wow, see I had a feeling you were a delusional Kobe lover and here's the proof. If you think Kobe won any rings on his own, your opinions are automatically invalid because you obviously have no clue at all what you're talking about. Jordan did it more on his own but he still had a side-kick that I would say compared favorably to Wade in Pippen. That's not to mention anyone else like Rodman or Horace Grant.

Kobe was lucky enough to come to a Lakers team that already had the most dominant big man in the game in Shaq. All the rings he won at that point were because he was teamed with Shaq. At that point Shaq was still in his prime and at the top of his game and the more dominant player. At that point Shaq was more like current Lebron while Kobe was like current Wade, Robin to Batman. Then after Shaq left, Kobe couldn't get it done BY HIMSELF so he whined and *****ed until they brought in people like Bynum, Pau, Odom, Artest. Only then did he win another ring. So just stop with the stupidity that Kobe won by himself.

If you don't think Lebron could have won a championship every year by himself AKA with a team of prime Shaq or Bynum, Pau, Odom, Artest, etc you may be even more delusional that I already think you are.

every time you hit a key on the board, you are wasting your time. Trust me.

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 07:04 PM

Saying that Kobe "whined until they got Bynum, LO, Gasol, and Artest" shows how truly little you know about basketball. When Kobe asked for a trade LO and Bynum were already on the team. In fact they had turned down a trade of Bynum for Jason Kidd and thats what set him off in the first olace. And Kobe had got a ring before Artest ( who was past prime even before he came to LA btw )who took less money to come so Kobe could help HIM get a ring.

If you're going to hate on the dude at least get your facts straight.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Saying that Kobe "whined until they got Bynum, LO, Gasol, and Artest" shows how truly little you know about basketball. When Kobe asked for a trade LO and Bynum were already on the team. In fact they had turned down a trade of Bynum for Jason Kidd and thats what set him off in the first olace. And Kobe had got a ring before Artest even came, who took less money to come so Kobe could help HIM get a ring.
If you're going to hate on the dude at least get your facts straight.

Boom shakalaka!

More-Than-Most
10-02-2013, 07:42 PM
And If Kobe was even remotely close or as close to Jordans legacy as James is he would be saying the opposite that James could beat him and Kobe Cant.

He is a bitter Bitter man period and this does not shock me. He is the goat... For now.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 07:59 PM
And If Kobe was even remotely close or as close to Jordans legacy as James is he would be saying the opposite that James could beat him and Kobe Cant.

He is a bitter Bitter man period and this does not shock me. He is the goat... For now.

Jordan never lost in the finals.

Jordan never needed to take less than his market value in order to form a super team.

Just by those facts alone, he will never touch Jordan.

http://nba.si.com/2013/05/23/phil-jackson-michael-jordan-bill-russell-comparison-bulls-celtics-lakers-first-pick-start-franchise/

In April, longtime NBA trainer Tim Grover, who has worked for years with Jordan and Bryant, told SI.com that comparing Jordan to anyone besides Russell would be a mistake.

“Michael Jordan was six-for-six in Finals, never lost a Finals, never needed a Game 7 to do that,” Grover said. “Just by saying that alone, that puts him in a category I don’t think anybody else is in, except maybe a Bill Russell. Other than that, I don’t know if you can really put [Jordan] in the same category [with anybody].

“I think what [James] should do, instead of worrying about where Mike was at, he should be trying to get to the accolades, get to the Finals, as many times as Kobe had. … I think the comparison [for James] should be more toward a current player he’s playing against now because of what Michael already did, and LeBron, in the early part of his career, faltered two times in the Finals. I think that [the Jordan/James] comparison can’t be made, just from that alone.”

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Since you want to play hypotheticals... Put a healthy prime Kobe in Lebron's shoes in 2011 and the Heat beat the Mavs every time.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:08 PM

LMAO!!! You just keep on making me laugh. Pau was the only all-star Kobe had during those titles, Bynum averaged 6 ppg and 5 rpg in those playoff runs, LO was a good player, but a career underachiever and never made an all-star team in his life. He is not even close to the third option Bosh is. Artest came on in 2010 to help the Lakers take down the Celtics who were better than any team Lebron has ever faced in the finals.

To put Lebron in the same conversation as Jordan is blasphemous. Jordan never lost in the finals and never needed to form a super team consisting of a top five player and a top fifteen player along with 5 guys who could shoot over 40% from three just to beat some of the weakest competition in NBA history in the east and some mediocre competition in the finals. All with questionable calls the whole way through. You are only as great as your competition and Lebron hasn't really had all that much compared to greats like Jordan and Kobe. Especially considering the super team he constructed when he went ring chasing.

Lebrons advanced stats are more due to the system he runs than him being a great individual player. Nash did the same thing when playing for D'Antoni in a specialized system taylor made to augment his strengths. Nash put up his best statistical seasons when running this unique system, but when playing in a slow down traditional half court offense, he was not nearly the same player statistically. You are all kidding yourselves if you think Lebron could put up the same PER and advanced stats running the triangle with a legit rebounding center. Lebron may lead the Heat in rebounding, but the Heat as a team are last in the league in rebounding. Not impressive at all. Lebron barely made it past the Spurs even with HCA. Lucky for him he was able to coast to HCA throughout the playoffs due to his cakewalk of a regular season schedule in the weak east with by far the best supporting cast in the NBA. Put the Heat in the west and the Spurs in the east and the Spurs would easily have HCA in the finals and would have most likely dispatched the Heat in six games. Kobe performed much better individually and only needed 5 games to defeat a better younger Spurs team in the 2008 WCF with a lesser supporting cast than Lebron had in this years finals. Lets rewind to 2001 and see how Kobe did against San Antonio's twin towers back when Duncan was having one of his best seasons and compare it to Lebron's performance in this years finals against a broken down aged Spurs team. That ought to be good for a laugh.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...13_finals.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._2008_WCF.html

What do you think about the difference in numbers that Kobe put up against younger better Spurs teams on road to success with weaker supporting casts than Lebron had?

2008 WCF

A prime Kobe with a weaker supporting cast than Lebron's 2013 Heat against a younger tougher Spurs team...

Kobe 29.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 90.9 FT%, 33.3 3PT%, 53.3 FG%. Most importantly...won the series in 5 games with his second best player in Gasol only contributing 13.2 ppg and his third option Odom only contributing 12.8 ppg.

2013 Finals

A prime Lebron vs. a much older Spurs and weaker Spurs team than Kobe played back in the 2008 WCF...

25.3 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 7.0 apg, 79.5 FT%, 35.3 3PT%, 44.7 FG%. Barely won by the skin of their teeth in 7 games. Lebron received more help all around from his supporting cast as well. His second option Wade contributed 19.6 ppg and his third option Bosh contributed 11.9 ppg. Both shot significantly better from the field as well. Wade 47.6 FG% and Bosh 46.2 FG% compared to Gasol 44.6 FG% and Odom 40.4 FG%. Clearly Lebron's big three are in a whole other universe that what Kobe had to work with.

In addition, his fourth and fifth options in Allen and Chalmers also produced more than Kobe's fourth and fifth options in Farmar and Radmanovic. Both Allen and Chalmers contributed double figure scoring. Allen with 10.6 ppg on 54% from the field and from 3 and Chalmers with 10.6 ppg on 39% from the field, but 40.6% from 3. In 2008 Farmar (Kobe's fourth option) contributed 8.4 ppg on 45.7% from the field and 41.7% from 3. Radmanovic (fifth option) contributed 8.4 ppg on 63.3% from the field, but only 27.3% from 3. Clearly Kobe outperformed Lebron with far less help against a better version of the same team.

And please don't throw in Lebron's empty rebounding and assist numbers because as I said earlier, they are a product of the system he runs and the players he choses to surround himself with. In 2008 Kobe had two guys in Gasol and Odom who both averaged 9.6 rpg in the WCF. Thus there are less rebounds for Kobe to grab, but his team is better off clearly. Lebron may lead the Heat in rebounding, but thats mainly due to the fact that there are no real rebounders on his team and who cares anyways because the Heat are last in the NBA in rebounding. It's not too impressive when you can put up the best rebounding stats on a team that is last in the NBA...talk about not sacrificing personal glory for the good of the team.

As for the assists, Kobe played in the triangle which is not assist friendly at all, but is better for winning games and getting all around passing from the team. Lebron plays a pg on offense which is more designed as a iso drive and kick to his many 3 point snippers. Pretty easy to rack up assists when you have 5 guys on your team who can shoot over 40% from three and the system is designed to boost your stats. A luxury Kobe or MJ never had. Lebron in the triangle would not be able to produce those kind of assist numbers...especially without his 3 point snippers.

There you have it, the proof is in the pudding. Kobe would have won the title that year and had six rings had he been lucky enough to face the Spurs in the finals like Lebron did. Unfortunately, he had to face a far better team in the Celtics. The likes of which Lebron has never faced. Sorry, but it's all about how you do against the top competition, not about how you pad your stats in the regular season against the weaker teams in the weakest conference of all time. Kobe clearly performed better when the stakes were up against the better competition. That is the true measure of greatness.

More-Than-Most
10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Jordan never lost in the finals.

Jordan never needed to take less than his market value in order to form a super team.

Just by those facts alone, he will never touch Jordan.

http://nba.si.com/2013/05/23/phil-jackson-michael-jordan-bill-russell-comparison-bulls-celtics-lakers-first-pick-start-franchise/

Super team? Jordan was gifted super teams... His teams were better than any team Lebron ever had

Tony_Starks
10-02-2013, 08:12 PM
For those just joining us it goes:

-MJ mentions a bunch of great players an says Kobe's the only one that could beat him

-Reasonable fans agree Kobe is extremely skilled one on one and patterned his game after MJ

-fans of a certain player take extreme offense and make various insinuations about what MJ "really meant"

-Kobe haters seize the opportunity to minimize his skills, accomplishments,re-write history about his legacy, and just hate in general

-general hyperbole and hypotheticals

Now you're caught up!

justinnum1
10-02-2013, 08:12 PM

lebron is a better shooter than kobe.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:14 PM

Jordan never lost in the finals... Nothing Lebron can do will ever make up for that short of going back to Cleveland and winning five more rings on his own.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Super team? Jordan was gifted super teams... His teams were better than any team Lebron ever had

There truly aren't enough face palms in the world for how outlandish of a statement this is.

Oh well, here goes nothing...

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Delrayhc
10-02-2013, 08:20 PM

There truly aren't enough face palms in the world for how outlandish of a statement this is.

Oh well, here goes nothing...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

WOW!!! I wish I had the time to type that.

August 2010

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:25 PM

August 2010

The average join date of the Lebronites on PSD.

BTW, I didn't type it... I had it stored in my archives for just such an occasion. Only once in a few years does someone say anything worthy of it.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:27 PM
lebron is a better shooter than kobe.

Can Lebron hit double clutch fadeaways with three guys on him to win the game??? Don't think so.

justinnum1
10-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Can Lebron hit double clutch fadeaways with three guys on him to win the game??? Don't think so.

Does kobe have as many MVP's as lebron?

Don't think so.

Kobe will go down as an all time great, but he has been passed by lebron. It's all good :cool:

Delrayhc
10-02-2013, 08:35 PM

August 2010

The average join date of the Lebronites on PSD.

BTW, I didn't type it... I had it stored in my archives for just such an occasion. Only once in a few years does someone say anything worthy of it.

I do agree that the occasion was worthy but I also belive that you typed it. Im sure that you have plenty of time.

August 2010

mdm692
10-02-2013, 08:36 PM

So then you're not talking about real basketball. You're talking go to the park and play with no rules. Then yeah LBJ can just push MJ out of the way.

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I do agree that the occasion was worthy but I also belive that you typed it. Im sure that you have plenty of time.

August 2010

I would love to take credit for it, but it actually came from here...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090530193455AAWikOp

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Does kobe have as many MVP's as lebron?

Don't think so.

Kobe will go down as an all time great, but he has been passed by lebron. It's all good :cool:

:laugh: MVP selections.

Oh and as for saying Lebron passed Kobe already...

You earned every bit of that.

Delrayhc
10-02-2013, 08:53 PM

August 2010

I would love to take credit for it, but it actually came from here...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090530193455AAWikOp

You could of put it wherever that link leads to so I will give you the credit.

August 2010

amos1er
10-02-2013, 08:59 PM
You could of put it wherever that link leads to so I will give you the credit.

August 2010

The link is 4 years old.