PDA

View Full Version : How have you fulfilled your basketball craving this off-season?

Chronz
09-29-2013, 02:07 AM
I feel like I would have withdrawal symptoms if I didn't watch some quality basketball all off-season. Thank the maker for youtube, been watching alot of classic games, especially if I dont remember the outcome of said game. For some reason I've been watching games where MJ struggled (like vs Hakeem's Rockets).

So how have you guys filled that hole in your life? Anyone watching FIBA games or classic NBA games? If so which ones.

Matter.
09-29-2013, 02:12 AM
I have been watching a lot of replays they have on nba tv, on youtube, I watch when Kobe just flat out scores , they are the best

Aapox
09-29-2013, 02:38 AM
By playing. I have no idea what the hell I'll do when those days end...

bearadonisdna
09-29-2013, 02:38 AM
I usually try to do this by creating my own basketball by actually playing but due to a relocation this summer i got to play a lot less than i had planned.

lamzoka
09-29-2013, 03:23 AM
i recorded a lot of knicks games on my DVR. So i get to rewatch them whenever i want without the commercials. I cant watch NBA tv when they're replaying the NBA finals from last season

Drummond#1
09-29-2013, 04:02 AM
Watched a couple replay games. Run at the gym once a week. Watched JSmoove, Drummond, Moose and Jennings highlight tapes. And played a good deal of 2k. Ready for this season! Does anyone know if NBA league pass plays overseas? I'm going to Japan for a few months.

Drummond#1
09-29-2013, 04:33 AM
For some reason I've been watching games where MJ struggled (like vs Hakeem's Rockets).

So how have you guys filled that hole in your life? Anyone watching FIBA games or classic NBA games? If so which ones.

Not trying to turn this into a comparison thread... but can you imagine how good Jordan would have been if he played with the greatest shooter of all time (even late in his career) and not one but two other top 25 talents?

Jordan is the best of all time and truly made others better. He did struggle at times... but always played four quarters and consistently willed his teams to wins.

Unfortunately no one in this generation of basketball comes close. No one has built a dynasty or truly made champions out of ordinary players. This generation of champions has been engineered by Stern and friends.

jerellh528
09-29-2013, 04:42 AM
I watch the laker channel on occasion. But mostly I have football that takes precedence during basketball offseason, especially after the draft and fa signing period, then I fit basketball back into the sports rotation when it starts up again. Football will always be my #1 sport but basketball is a close second.

PurpleLynch
09-29-2013, 04:57 AM
I watched the Wilt Chamberlain Archive channel on youtube. Crazy good footage,I just yesterday saw a video of the leaping ability of Bill Russell,awesome.

Drummond#1
09-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Wilt= All-Time Beast

Goose17
09-29-2013, 05:32 AM
A lot of youtube videos, plus it's been okay with the draft and summer league.

I don't think I've been so desperate for a season to start though, not for a long time.

Sly Guy
09-29-2013, 10:22 AM
by watching my jays collapse almost as badly as I expect my raptors to.

alexander_37
09-29-2013, 10:23 AM
I haven't, I am starting to get around that point where I really want to see how Houston is turning out. But honestly I am more excited about hockey at this point. I was ******** bricks for football to start though.

Kashmir13579
09-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Basically whatever is on NBA TV. Usually i'm lucky and they have on classic playoff games. Just last night i think i was watching 2006 first round matchup of Cavs vs Wiz.. A few nights ago i saw Isiah drop 30 something against Showtime in the finals. A roundtable of Showtime Lakers teammates, and a Michael Jordan "best of" special are two other programs i've seen in the last few weeks. NBA TV is basically killing it all summer apart from WNBA games. Oh.... And Pete Maravich... That dude was a savvy interviewee.

Gators123
09-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Youtube. After the Pistons signed Smith and Billups I had to go out and buy 2k13 lol

Kashmir13579
09-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Youtube. After the Pistons signed Smith and Billups I had to go out and buy 2k13 lol

You know 2k14 comes out tomorrow night?

Gators123
09-29-2013, 11:07 AM
You know 2k14 comes out tomorrow night?

:laugh2: Yeah, I couldn't wait though. I got a couple months out of it lol

Hawkeye15
09-29-2013, 12:53 PM
just like James Harden, I take the offseason OFF, and put on a beer gut

Kashmir13579
09-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Hawk you dirty dog..

IndyRealist
09-29-2013, 01:00 PM
just like James Harden, I take the offseason OFF, and put on a beer gut

This. I likely watch 200 games during the season, and all of the playoffs that's televised. I -need- to take summers off.

Chronz
09-29-2013, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4yNr3sTRZw

If your a fan of late 90's ball, this was a pretty good game. This guy has alot of quality games as well

b@llhog24
09-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Got into technology more.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-29-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3p1CxUnL1A

amos1er
09-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Can't wait for the season to start. Off season sucks balls. Should be a great season.

king4day
09-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Followed the Eurocup. Didn't watch much but 3 Suns were in it so it gave a reason to keep an eye on it.

MrfadeawayJB
09-29-2013, 06:12 PM
2K13, playing ball, watching euroleague games, AAU games on Espn app through Xbox, YouTube clips

RLundi
09-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Thankfully the Red Sox and Colts are both contenders so it hasn't been AS bad.

But I DVRed the Dream Team special on NBAtv and watch bits and pieces of it at a time whenever I feel the basketball itch.

ThuglifeJ
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
I have been watching a lot of replays they have on nba tv, on youtube, I watch when Kobe just flat out scores , they are the best

Kobe and Vince Carter are the only 2 players who have every one of their high scoring games on YouTube where it just shows their individual points scored and good assists/hustle plays.

There are some videos like this with Jordan, Bron and Iverson but not all.

I watch them all the time but wish there was more for more players.. nothing beats those videos where you get to watch 8 minutes of just their points instead of a 2 hour game. Learn a lot too

seikou8
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
by playing it of course basketball never stops

Dade County
09-29-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0zDYGIXuj4

I can't wait for the season to start, the only thing I can hope for is that the higher ups take the leash of the HEAT/Lbj; and let them go for history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more creating drama, no more false hope, just pure dominance, thats all I ask for... If a team beat the HEAT more power to them, I just can't take the fake **** anymore.

Ill21
09-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Summer league, nbatv, nba 2k13, playing ball which I got a concussion doing.

Clippersfan86
09-30-2013, 12:07 AM
I haven't. I play pick up about 3 times a week and watch every single NBA thing I can find on TV and still feel unfulfilled this summer basketball wise. Once pre-season starts for my team in about 10 days, I'll feel better. Can't complain too much though because this summer went by fast as hell! Think about it people were are like 31 days from opening night!

kobe4thewinbang
09-30-2013, 12:20 AM
I thought I would be fine because I finally bought 2K13, but the game wouldn't play (start up/black screen glitch). So I watched the movie about the Lakers last championship against Boston, which was nice, and also the last Lakers/Suns series. If the Spurs had won the title and not let it slip away, I would probably not be so strung out. I just want Miami to go down next season because I'm tired of them winning. Hopefully Indiana knocks them out or maybe the Bulls if D-Rose makes something happen. So, yes, I am anxious awaiting the new season and frankly wish it started sooner.

Tmath
09-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I thought I would be fine because I finally bought 2K13, but the game wouldn't play (start up/black screen glitch). So I watched the movie about the Lakers last championship against Boston, which was nice, and also the last Lakers/Suns series. If the Spurs had won the title and not let it slip away, I would probably not be so strung out. I just want Miami to go down next season because I'm tired of them winning. Hopefully Indiana knocks them out or maybe the Bulls if D-Rose makes something happen. So, yes, I am anxious awaiting the new season and frankly wish it started sooner.

Oh the irony...

east fb knicks
09-30-2013, 01:20 AM
I haven't :(

jstone0716
09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
NBA 2K and ESPN Insider has keep me busy

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-30-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm still doing a lot of heavy sobbing and wrist cutting after 6

kobe4thewinbang
10-02-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm still doing a lot of heavy sobbing and wrist cutting after 66? Nah, man, 7. Timmy missing a point blank shot, Ginobili turning the ball over like crazy and shooting from nearly half court, Parker being nonexistent, Danny Green forgetting how to shoot, Popovich not even using Bonner or other shooters more, it was just bad. Ray Allen saved Miami in 6, though. One rebound away from a championship after LBJ missed that 3, i.e. Miami's title defense going up in flames.

Chronz
10-02-2013, 11:52 PM
MY god 2k is so unpleasant. Im still winning but Im not having fun.

UPRock
10-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Going to the court and play, almost broke my ankle tonight thanks to that lol.

Chronz
10-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Going to the court and play, almost broke my ankle tonight thanks to that lol.

What doesn't kill you makes you ....

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-03-2013, 10:19 AM
6? Nah, man, 7. Timmy missing a point blank shot, Ginobili turning the ball over like crazy and shooting from nearly half court, Parker being nonexistent, Danny Green forgetting how to shoot, Popovich not even using Bonner or other shooters more, it was just bad. Ray Allen saved Miami in 6, though. One rebound away from a championship after LBJ missed that 3, i.e. Miami's title defense going up in flames.

6 Was worse for me honestly. The Spurs weren't leading in game 7, if Duncan makes the tip the game is still tied.

The Spurs had game 6 won. They had the tape out and everything. If Leonard (or Turnobili) makes both of his FT's the Spurs get 5. After that loss i'm impressed the Spurs were even competitive in game 7 as I fully expected them to lose that game.

Any Spurs fan will agree that game 6 was the most painful loss in Spurs history.

kdspurman
10-03-2013, 10:56 AM
6 Was worse for me honestly. The Spurs weren't leading in game 7, if Duncan makes the tip the game is still tied.

The Spurs had game 6 won. They had the tape out and everything. If Leonard (or Turnobili) makes both of his FT's the Spurs get 5. After that loss i'm impressed the Spurs were even competitive in game 7 as I fully expected them to lose that game.

Any Spurs fan will agree that game 6 was the most painful loss in Spurs history.

I agree. I was so numb after game 6 man lol. I had like no emotion left for game 7. They were never in control of 7 like they were in 6 and even if TD ties it, I just wasn't confident they'd pull it out. I am with you, I was impressed they were as close as they were in 7. I thought emotionally they wouldn't be able to compete as well as they did, but they did.

kobe4thewinbang
10-05-2013, 02:50 AM
I agree. I was so numb after game 6 man lol. I had like no emotion left for game 7. They were never in control of 7 like they were in 6 and even if TD ties it, I just wasn't confident they'd pull it out. I am with you, I was impressed they were as close as they were in 7. I thought emotionally they wouldn't be able to compete as well as they did, but they did.Yeah, man, it just rips out the soul. Hopefully the Spurs can redeem themselves and win the title soon.

John Walls Era
10-05-2013, 05:01 PM
MY god 2k is so unpleasant. Im still winning but Im not having fun.

no tmac?

Chronz
10-05-2013, 05:10 PM
no tmac?

My highest 2k usage was in between the few short weeks that Tmac was playable on the Spurs. Hes a FA now so hes not on any roster. My finest moment was dropping 39-10reb-15ast on like 39% lol....

CityofChaos
10-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Ive been eBaying basketball cards to add to my collection. Any other collectors out there?

TheMightyHumph
10-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Been watching old DVDs of the Nets from '06-'07 and beyond.

Very entertaining and very telling.

SERIOUSLY hoping Frank has learned enough to improve his defensive strategies for the last 7 minutes of a game.