PDA

View Full Version : Out of these selections...

Dade County
09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
which one do you think might happen, this upcoming season?

I think some amazing things might happen this upcoming season... Feel free to add your own, and discuss.

Hellcrooner
09-28-2013, 10:18 AM
kobe scores 30 in 15 consecutive games to show up how much of a warrior he is and how "better "tan any other player in history he comes back from his injury.

Lakers record on that games 3 -12.

Thats the most realistic

Goose17
09-28-2013, 10:22 AM
I think the 28 winning streak is the most likely.

Dade County
09-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I think the 28 winning streak is the most likely.

Crawford says, I think I can...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1461854-ranking-kobe-bryants-scoring-streak-with-most-insane-feats-in-nba-this-season/page/3

sportsfan222
09-28-2013, 03:37 PM
well lets break it down

Team winning 70+games- i would say not likely. think about for example how much better this years heat team was than any other team in the eastern conference. the bulls were banged up, the pacers did not come alive till the playoffs, the knicks and nets were decent, the celtics were not a big threat, overall the east was pretty weak compared to the heat. yet, despite all that, and the fact that the heat having a 27 game win streak, they still did not achieve 70 plus wins. you need to basically stay totally healthy throughout the season, and you need to not want to rest your guys down the stretch. id say highly unlikely.

Player scoring 70+- although very tough no doubt, this can be done. all you need is someone to hog the ball and it can happen. remember, they do not need to score 70 plus while also shooting 50 percent, they can go to the line a lot, and chuck up 40 shots. still very hard, but one of the more likely ones.

Team going undefeated at home (or vice versa)- wont happen. 41 home games, even a team as bad as the bobcats or as good as the heat will always slip up 1 game. too much has to go right or wrong in either direction for it to happen. id say 0.0001 percent chance.

Team, 28(+) game win streak- wont say it cant happen because it has once already and was close to being broken again this past year, but as we saw with the heat, as good as they were, even during that streak, there were so many games where they needed to overcome crazy defecits to win in the end. also, considering that there are a lot more competitive teams this year around the league, i do not see it happening.

Player scoring 30(+) 15 straight games- this one is the most likely to happen. far from a gimmee, but again, a guy can get really hot, or can just start shooting 25-30 times a game plus free throws, and it can happen. obviously that player would need to avoid getting tossed early in the game, foul trouble, etc, but if a guy like durant, curry, anthony, etc ( not saying james becauses hes to unselfish to do it imo, obviously more than talented enough to) went off for 30 in 15 straight, it would not stun me. hard feat like all of these, but id say this one has go to be the easiest out of all the feats listed.

Player, 12 steals in a game- considering that every time someone trys to get close to another player there is ususally a whistle, i think this would be tough. deff not impossible, and prob the 3rd most likely after the 30 plus in 15 straight, and the 70 plus in a game, although 1 can deff make a case for it being more likely than the 70 plus.

Player, making 60 straight free throws- as good as guys like ray allen, steve nash, etc are at the line, it would say very unlikely. there will always be that 1 shot that you just let slip away, or maybe lose your concentration, especially if the game is out of hand. i guess its deff possible, but i would not say very likely, no matter how good a ft shooter they r.

todu82
09-28-2013, 06:20 PM
The player scoring 30 or more pts. in 15 straight games.

tredigs
09-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Team winning 70 isn't happening.

Player scoring 70 isn't happening.

Nobody's going undefeated at home.

Team winning 28 straight? I'll say no.

A player scoring 30+ 15 straight games? Very possible for KD. He's done it before, he'll do it a # more times.

12 steals in a game? No.

60 straight free throws? Unlikely, but yeah that's realistic. Calderon or Curry, maybe.

Dade County
10-02-2013, 09:27 PM
KD might get that 30pts per game, for over 15 straight games now ....lol

mdm692
10-02-2013, 09:35 PM
KD might get that 30pts per game, for over 15 straight games now ....lol

I think he averages over 30ppg this season.

NoahH
10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
All seem unlikely but ill go with the FT streak

Dade County
01-28-2014, 12:26 AM
KD is coming ...

Kevin Durant Caps 11th-Straight 30-Point Game with Game-Winner

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1938852-kevin-durant-caps-11th-straight-30-point-game-with-game-winner

Melo should have jacked up a couple of more shots.... He could have gotten that 70