PDA

View Full Version : Amir Johnson Buys Every Copy Of Drake's New Album

NYKnickFanatic
09-27-2013, 07:04 PM
At Best Buy and hands them out to fans in Toronto.

Very cool of him, dude is humble and loves the city he plays for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7_wOwTTVzf4

Chronz
09-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Underrated passer. On and off the court.

PurpleLynch
09-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Appreciate the initiative,but come on,Drake? Really? Poor music decision.

dtmagnet
09-27-2013, 07:16 PM
If Amir could keep out of foul trouble he'd be so much better.

Clippersfan86
09-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Always been a fan of him as a role player. A low key class act and glad to see him giving back to Raptors fans in a simple but sweet way. Man I'm so freaking excited for 2016 ASW. I think Toronto is going to really deliver. I've always said they have maybe the best fan base in the NBA. Classy, loyal and knowledgeable. Never had a run in with a douchy or rude Raptors fan even on forums.

Jonas is about to rape on mother fu**ers this year, I'll be watching every game I can.

Tmath
09-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Last season he took out 50 of his fans to dinner after the Raptors final game.

Amir is a cool dude.

flea
09-27-2013, 09:17 PM
I feel that Drake albums can't be cheap enough, too. Great public service, he spends his money on garbage instead of hard-working Americans.

Clippersfan86
09-27-2013, 09:31 PM

Amir is a cool dude.

Serious class act. That's awesome man. Glad Toronto has shown him loyalty and kept him around because he's always been solid.

5ass
09-27-2013, 10:01 PM
He had a very good season last year. He might be the perfect compliment for Jonas. They're play off contenders next year with that roster. Gay and Derozen will learn to play well together consistently. They all better work their ***** off this offseason and next if they ever want to get out of the first round of the play offs. Its all on Jonas. If you look at their starting line up:
Lowry: Can play both sides of the court and put up allstar worthy production.
Derozen and Gay: Two perimeter scorers is never a bad thing, but I think they'd be much better off with one of them gone. They should in time learn to play well together, but even if they can't Ross should be able to develop into a decent 3&D swingman. Allowing less time for Derozen and Gay on the court together.
Johnson: Can play D, protect the rim, guard some centers,rebound, and hit the midrange.
Jonas: Huge potential offensively, and should be able to become a decent defender. High IQ, Good Hands, soft touch, good instincts, quick, decent athleticism. Theres no doubt in my mind he's a top 10 center next yaer.

TrueFan420
09-27-2013, 10:10 PM
I feel that Drake albums can't be cheap enough, too. Great public service, he spends his money on garbage instead of hard-working Americans.

He could have done nothing. Who cares if you don't like the album he made people happy and did something he didn't need to do it was nice of him. Do I think the money could have been donated in a better manner yea but he isn't required to donate. Relax.

Chronz
09-27-2013, 10:16 PM
It sounds nit picky to criticise his choice of charity because Im sure those Canadians love Drake ...

TrueFan420
09-27-2013, 10:20 PM
It sounds nit picky to criticise his choice of charity because Im sure those Canadians love Drake ...

Agreed

MrfadeawayJB
09-27-2013, 11:03 PM

This. He might not like him but drake is popular in Toronto

flea
09-27-2013, 11:34 PM
I was being serious.

ghettosean
09-28-2013, 12:06 AM
I think Drake is a good Rapper he's no NAS or anything but he's definitely a top rapper out of today's generation of rappers and without a doubt the greatest rapper that came out of Canada and I'll say I LOVE that he's patriotic he'll even add a hint or to of lines to remind everyone that he's from north of the border... Love how he represents us.

Also Amir is just awesome what else can I say!

Chronz
09-28-2013, 12:25 AM
I was being serious.

Runner up..... troll post of the day.

Maybe next time you will be sig worthy

Sadds The Gr8
09-28-2013, 12:47 AM
hate drake but Amir is cool for doin this.

John Walls Era
09-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Hes a good guy. I think he was prettty good the last couple years too.

KG2TB
09-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Why Drake? Uninspired, unenlightened, non creative garbage? If you like Drake, fine...but if you're gonna do 'favors' and 'nice' things for fans at least help them out. I personally feel like you're doing them a disservice. They should spend their own money for ****** music. Although I like the gesture. He seems like a good guy.

John Walls Era
09-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Why Drake? Uninspired, unenlightened, non creative garbage? If you like Drake, fine...but if you're gonna do 'favors' and 'nice' things for fans at least help them out. I personally feel like you're doing them a disservice. They should spend their own money for ****** music. Although I like the gesture. He seems like a good guy.

I wonder why...

flea
09-28-2013, 02:41 AM
Runner up..... troll post of the day.

Maybe next time you will be sig worthy

Did Illusionist beat me? I'm not sure my ego could take that.

*Superman*
09-28-2013, 02:47 AM
That's pretty cool of him. Love hearing when players do this kind of stuff for the fans/people in general. Props.

FlashBolt
09-28-2013, 03:16 AM
The thing about Drake is that every song he is on is usually 90% going to be on the radio nonstop. This guy sells hits. You can make all the jokes about him but there's no one right now making more hits than him.

GunFactor187
09-28-2013, 03:58 AM
My Pistons definitely traded the wrong guy, should've traded Maxiell instead of Amir. But I'm happy with how things are going today though.

Silent
09-28-2013, 05:48 AM
always liked amir class act

PurpleLynch
09-28-2013, 06:16 AM
The thing about Drake is that every song he is on is usually 90% going to be on the radio nonstop. This guy sells hits. You can make all the jokes about him but there's no one right now making more hits than him.

That's sad and it doesn't mean he's good. Hip hop is as its lowest point in this era(I'm talkin' about popular rappers)

Just listen to the Pharcyde or Pete Rock and you'll hear some good hip hop.

Sly Guy
09-28-2013, 09:08 AM

Amir is a cool dude.

definitely. He's a guy I want to keep in the organization his entire career. He won't bring a championship [on his own], but he brings everything you could ever want as a teammate and representative of the organization.

Heediot
09-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Appreciate the initiative,but come on,Drake? Really? Poor music decision.

It's a Toronto thing. He plays for the city, Drake is from the city.

Heediot
09-28-2013, 02:04 PM
I think Drake is a good Rapper he's no NAS or anything but he's definitely a top rapper out of today's generation of rappers and without a doubt the greatest rapper that came out of Canada and I'll say I LOVE that he's patriotic he'll even add a hint or to of lines to remind everyone that he's from north of the border... Love how he represents us.

Him and Shad are tops. People don't like what the rap about sometimes, but his technical skills are very good.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-28-2013, 02:16 PM
My friend got an album from him that day and said Amir was really chill.

Chronz
09-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Did Illusionist beat me? I'm not sure my ego could take that.
My sig holds the troll post of the week. Illusionist can never win the award, hes basically a lesser am1loser. Regurgitating the same bs, only not as cleverly. I give props for originality and wit above all else.

FlashBolt
09-28-2013, 04:06 PM
That's sad and it doesn't mean he's good. Hip hop is as its lowest point in this era(I'm talkin' about popular rappers)

Just listen to the Pharcyde or Pete Rock and you'll hear some good hip hop.

So why does he have so many hits? People are listening to it regardless of what you think. Sorry, I'm going with the guy who has like 10 hit singles this year.

hugepatsfan
09-28-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't like Drake that much but he's a lot better than people here are giving him credit for. (On the other hand, he isn't nearly as good as a lot of his fans think he is.) He doesn't make "pure" hip hop so if you try to judge him through that standard then that's on you. Just because his style doesn't interest you doesn't mean it sucks. Drake's a fine artist and this is coming from someone who only likes a few songs here or there.

And if you're criticizing this gesture at all because of the choice in music then you really need to get a clue. That's just asinine and ridiculous.

Six-8-TheWizard
09-28-2013, 04:17 PM

He's probably had the most mainstream success in the American market but he's far from the best to ever come out of Canada

BALLER R
09-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Drake's music will have you missing your ex.

PurpleLynch
09-28-2013, 06:35 PM
So why does he have so many hits? People are listening to it regardless of what you think. Sorry, I'm going with the guy who has like 10 hit singles this year.

So you do listen to Drake just because is liked by the majority of people,am I right?