PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins signs extension with Kings

black1605
09-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 17m
To be accurate: DeMarcus Cousins' extension with the Kings is a four year, $62 million max deal, sources tell Y! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
No early termination option in the Cousins agreement, league source tells Y! Sports. It's a full four-year deal, no opt-out after three.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

OaklandsFinest
09-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Leave it to Demarcus to not be smart enough to negotiate the third year opt out..

Clippersfan86
09-27-2013, 01:00 AM
4/62 is the new number I guess.

black1605
09-27-2013, 01:04 AM
Yeah, it's 4/62. Woj corrected it.

b@llhog24
09-27-2013, 01:05 AM
That's kinda on the high side.

sacgiants1213
09-27-2013, 01:18 AM
No more excuses for Cousins regarding his attitude.. he finally has An ownership and front office that clearly support him and a future hall of famer to mentor him.

DerekRE_3
09-27-2013, 01:21 AM
That's kinda on the high side.

In a year it will be a bargain.

UPRock
09-27-2013, 01:25 AM
I think this is a pretty good deal for them, good for both sides.

JLynn943
09-27-2013, 02:35 AM
I'm thrilled :)

sc8581
09-27-2013, 03:05 AM
At least the talent is there, I'm worried the Pistons will now have to give Monroe this kind of money, hopefully they trade him instead.

TrueFan420
09-27-2013, 03:59 AM
At least the talent is there, I'm worried the Pistons will now have to give Monroe this kind of money, hopefully they trade him instead.

I doubt it Monroe's talent isn't as hyped.

True Sports Fan
09-27-2013, 04:31 AM
In before people talk **** about how bad Cousins is, how low is FG % and how he is one of the worst players in the NBA.

TrueFan420
09-27-2013, 04:37 AM
In before people talk **** about how bad Cousins is, how low is FG % and how he is one of the worst players in the NBA.

I don't think anyone denies his talent it's just if he can get it together and reach it all. It could be great deal if he gets it together or a bad one if he quits after his payday and doesn't improve. This is a time will tell deal.

tredigs
09-27-2013, 04:47 AM

Well, on the other hands some people are pretty defensive in defending a guy who DOES have pretty pathetic scoring efficiency for a big and doesn't play good D. Also, fairly decent mental issues/questions. Not a player I'd want. But GL to Sac. At least he can rebound.

True Sports Fan
09-27-2013, 05:14 AM
I don't think anyone denies his talent it's just if he can get it together and reach it all. It could be great deal if he gets it together or a bad one if he quits after his payday and doesn't improve. This is a time will tell deal.
Pretty much. Well said. Although, I know a lot of trolls who will come In here and talk ****. That's life though. lol

Well, on the other hands some people are pretty defensive in defending a guy who DOES have pretty pathetic scoring efficiency for a big and doesn't play good D. Also, fairly decent mental issues/questions. Not a player I'd want. But GL to Sac. At least he can rebound.

At least he can rebound? smh. He can score pretty damn well when he's on his game. He has shown flashes of brilliance during his young career, and flashes of... well, terrible ball. But if he can get his attitude straight, easily a 20-10 type guy.

tredigs
09-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Pretty much. Well said. Although, I know a lot of trolls who will come In here and talk ****. That's life though. lol

At least he can rebound? smh. He can score pretty damn well when he's on his game. He has shown flashes of brilliance during his young career, and flashes of... well, terrible ball. But if he can get his attitude straight, easily a 20-10 type guy.

You "Smh" my comment then immediately concede that he is terrible as often as he is brilliant. The bottom line is that the net result of his career thus far is a highly inconsistent and often troublesome player who hasn't seen his team improve past 28 wins to this point. Until he proves otherwise, there is one single aspect of the game that he is consistently good at: rebounding. They're paying the max for hope.

Goose17
09-27-2013, 05:32 AM
Paying for the potential, and so they don't lose him. People shouldn't misconstrue this as the Kings not having a problem with him, they've suspended him before for his conduct. They're paying him because what other option do they have? Sacramento isn't exactly a paradise for free agents. Cousins still holds some trade value due to his age, potential and the flashes of brilliance he's shown.

TrueFan420
09-27-2013, 12:45 PM

That's a big if and one that we've heard about a lot of players and few do but let's hope he does cause this league needs some centers

Badluck33
09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
How long til he turns around and demands a trade?

Next summer?

HouRealCoach
09-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Shaq must be doing some great things with him

JLynn943
09-27-2013, 01:40 PM
I can't wait until he proves the haters on here wrong. He's played on teams that haven't had a halfway decent coach or any semblance of an actual offense that runs plays his whole career. He's been playing for a team that has been dealing with the threat of moving for years and been owned by arguably the worst owners in professional sports - who refused to sign quality players, had far too much influence in the draft, and hired bad coaches. This is a new beginning with the new ownership, a respected coaching staff, and now Shaq mentoring him.

2-ONE-5
09-27-2013, 01:43 PM

we talk about snaggin Monroe in RFA in the Sixers forum all the time

Ebbs
09-27-2013, 02:09 PM
This was a bad move for both sides.

FlashBolt
09-27-2013, 03:04 PM
My guess is that Shaq was the last stepping stone to convince Cousins. This is all on Cousins now. If he can't perform, he would be such a waste of talent. He can seriously be a 20/10 for many years to come if he controls his emotions. The skill and talent is there, he's just lacking fundamentally.

b@llhog24
09-27-2013, 03:05 PM
In a year it will be a bargain.

Didn't say it was horrible.

The_Jamal
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
You "Smh" my comment then immediately concede that he is terrible as often as he is brilliant. The bottom line is that the net result of his career thus far is a highly inconsistent and often troublesome player who hasn't seen his team improve past 28 wins to this point. Until he proves otherwise, there is one single aspect of the game that he is consistently good at: rebounding. They're paying the max for hope.

The Kings don't have a choice. If Cousins hit the FA market, he would get a similar deal. It's just an unfortuante consequence of any big with any sort of skills in todays market. I mean... DeAndre freaking Jordan and Javale McGee don't have an ounce of Cousins skill and they got 40 mil.

Sacramento is not a FA hub. We do not have the ability to go out and compete for the top FA's in every class, at least not for a few years. So yes, putting money to the potential of DeMarcus Cousins is far smarter than getting shafted in a deal or losing him for nothing next season.

rjkgr
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
thats worth it for him and the kings! hes one of the elite centers when hes smart and ready to play!

jstone0716
09-27-2013, 04:00 PM
How long til he turns around and demands a trade?

Next summer?

Dwightmare v2. This time **** gets real though. Guns and hostages. It'll be bad.

sc8581
09-27-2013, 04:45 PM
we talk about snaggin Monroe in RFA in the Sixers forum all the time

You can have him right now for Hawes and your 2014 #1 unprotected lol

Chronz
09-27-2013, 06:28 PM
When you're an imposing physical presence with an abundance of skills, teams will always have faith that you put it together. Look no further to Greg Oden.

True Sports Fan
09-27-2013, 06:45 PM

You make it seem as if he can only rebound though, lol. Yes he has had his fairshare of bad games, but it's not like you can't say the same for anyone else in the NBA.

True Sports Fan
09-27-2013, 06:53 PM
This was a bad move for both sides.

Care to explain why? It's either pay him, or let him walk for nothing which would be ********. Sacramento isn't a big market that can suck *** and go out and sign 1-2 stars ala LA, Knicks.

Cousins is very talented, and now with Shaq teaching him a thing or two, that will only further help him. If he continues to have a bad attitude, then maybe it may cause issues, but I still take it as passion for the game. If you don't give a **** about BBall, then you wouldn't react like Cousins. He has been working hard all offseason, I have high hopes for him.

chitownredbulls
09-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Great sign...he'll be a ****ing beast.!!!.....**** you haters...lol

IndyRealist
09-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Paul George's 5yr, $90M doesn't look as bad, now.

IndyRealist
09-27-2013, 07:25 PM
The Kings don't have a choice. If Cousins hit the FA market, he would get a similar deal. It's just an unfortuante consequence of any big with any sort of skills in todays market. I mean... DeAndre freaking Jordan and Javale McGee don't have an ounce of Cousins skill and they got 40 mil.

Sacramento is not a FA hub. We do not have the ability to go out and compete for the top FA's in every class, at least not for a few years. So yes, putting money to the potential of DeMarcus Cousins is far smarter than getting shafted in a deal or losing him for nothing next season.

I'm sorry, but I cannot think of a single team that would have given Cousins $16M/yr. They should have let him hit restricted free agency and let the market decide how much he was worth.

shep33
09-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Good deal in my opinion. If he gets it together, he's arguably the best center in the NBA. But that's a big if... sad because his potential is ridiculous

Chronz
09-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I cannot think of a single team that would have given Cousins $16M/yr. They should have let him hit restricted free agency and let the market decide how much he was worth.
Thats a good point. But sometimes that can cause more problems than its worth. Like when Odom told us if we matched, he wouldn't give any effort, saying something like why would you want someone who doesn't want you or something. I guess this doesn't stop Cousins from saying that in the future tho, via a trade request.

SeoulBeatz
09-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Care to explain why? It's either pay him, or let him walk for nothing which would be ********. Sacramento isn't a big market that can suck *** and go out and sign 1-2 stars ala LA, Knicks.

Cousins is very talented, and now with Shaq teaching him a thing or two, that will only further help him. If he continues to have a bad attitude, then maybe it may cause issues, but I still take it as passion for the game. If you don't give a **** about BBall, then you wouldn't react like Cousins. He has been working hard all offseason, I have high hopes for him.

I still see it as immaturity. But I like that he's trying to improve his game in the offseason by seeking the help of one of the greatest C's of all time, that's something he wouldn't have done 3 years ago.

But he still has to prove that he's not a complete headcase, because up until this season he's been one of the most immature players in this league. He has all the talent to be a top 3-5 Big in the league, but he needs to show consistent growth and surpass his reputation.

JNA17
09-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I can't wait until he proves the haters on here wrong. He's played on teams that haven't had a halfway decent coach or any semblance of an actual offense that runs plays his whole career. He's been playing for a team that has been dealing with the threat of moving for years and been owned by arguably the worst owners in professional sports - who refused to sign quality players, had far too much influence in the draft, and hired bad coaches. This is a new beginning with the new ownership, a respected coaching staff, and now Shaq mentoring him.

Everything you said was good until that part.

Shaq is not exactly mentor material.

JLynn943
09-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Everything you said was good until that part.

Shaq is not exactly mentor material.

Yeah, I see where that could go bad, but I have to be hopeful that it won't. Shaq has a lot of good things to teach Cousins, I just hope his attitude doesn't come with it.

JNA17
09-28-2013, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I see where that could go bad, but I have to be hopeful that it won't. Shaq has a lot of good things to teach Cousins, I just hope his attitude doesn't come with it.

I hope so too. It would be great for the league to have a real physical opposing center again instead of a fake one (ala Dwight Howard).

chitownredbulls
09-28-2013, 04:36 PM

Then you, my friend, are stupid....