PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual PSD Player Rankings #3 Player In The NBA? (Volume: VI)

Mile High Champ
09-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

In terms of adding players to the poll, it will be done like this.

As soon as Chris Paul goes off the board, I will add other PG's.
As soon as James Harden goes off the board, I will add other SG's
As soon as Kevin Love goes off the board, I will add other PF's.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list. One of the goals of these polls is to maintain some continuity between the polls we completed to the final player poll we are currently voting.

2013 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

2012 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Dwight Howard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kobe Bryant
6) Dwyane Wade
7) Kevin Love
8) Derrick Rose
9) Dirk Nowitzki
10) Russell Westbrook
11) Carmelo Anthony
12) Deron Williams
13) Andrew Bynum
14) Rajon Rondo
15) Tony Parker & Kevin Garnett

2011 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Kevin Durant
8) Derrick Rose
9) Deron Williams
10) Carmelo Anthony

2010 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Dirk Nowitzki
9) Deron Williams
10) Tim Duncan - Pau Gasol Tie

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

Chacarron
09-26-2013, 11:48 PM
CP3 for #3.

JLynn943
09-27-2013, 12:06 AM
CP3 for #3.

Yeah, this should be an easy choice.

JasonJohnHorn
09-27-2013, 12:08 AM
I will understand NY fans picking Melo, or somebody picking Duncan, but at the end of the day, I think CP3 deserve the spot (though I VERY tempted to pick Duncan).

FlashBolt
09-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Why is Tony Parker not on this list? It's CP3 but TP should've been on this list instead of Duncan and Harden.

Chacarron
09-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Why is Tony Parker not on this list? It's CP3 but TP should've been on this list instead of Duncan and Harden.

In terms of adding players to the poll, it will be done like this.

As soon as Chris Paul goes off the board, I will add other PG's.
As soon as James Harden goes off the board, I will add other SG's
As soon as Kevin Love goes off the board, I will add other PF's.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list. One of the goals of these polls is to maintain some continuity between the polls we completed to the final player poll we are currently voting.

jimm120
09-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately, the TC puts out the selections based off of where they fell in the top positions rankings.

As I've explained in other years, it's not the same. In the pg polls, we're looking for pg skills also...for example. In the top players, we're looking at the overall contribution to a team.

Just my take.

And btw, going melo here just to piss off the anti-NY fans that are extremely biased. I'd probably pick cp3.

jimm120
09-27-2013, 12:42 AM
And damn...we reallyn****ed up with Love this year. He's good but after the year he had....

Durant is hype
09-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Chris Paul.

One of the best point guards we've ever seen in the history of the NBA.

Durant is hype
09-27-2013, 01:10 AM
And damn...we reallyn****ed up with Love this year. He's good but after the year he had....

He was freaking injured.... Kevin Love 2011 was ELITE. It only took Rambis a handful of games to finally start his best player!

SteBO
09-27-2013, 08:52 AM
CP3 without question here...

D-Leethal
09-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Close for me between CP3 and Duncan. Part of me wants to go Duncan because of the monster defensive impact a big man like him can make anchoring the paint compared to guarding PGs on the perimeter which pretty much requires a competent big man to hedge/shut down pick and rolls anyway. PGs can't shut down the ball screen game without a big man to work in unison with.

Going CP3 because of the impact he can make on the other end with his playmaking. Its sort of the same widespread impact Duncan makes on the other end except instead of cleaning up everyones mess by anchoring the paint, its getting everyone else open shots that otherwise wouldn't be there.

D-Leethal
09-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Love shouldn't be on the list yet after the year he had...

Parker, Westbrook to name two should definitely be on.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Love shouldn't be on the list yet after the year he had...

Parker, Westbrook to name two should definitely be on.

Love got voted best PF in the league this year. How much a joke is that, anyway?

Kashmir13579
09-27-2013, 09:28 AM
CP3 is an easy choice here.

Allphakenny1
09-27-2013, 09:54 AM
If we only go top 10 this year, my guess is that no PF is deserving to go.

4milesperday
09-27-2013, 05:14 PM
How exactly is Harden better than Wade? are people forgetting that Wade took a step back for Lebron and still has better stats than Harden? Has anyone peeked at Harden's play-offs numbers even as the #1 on his team, if that is NBA top 10 material then the NBA has a problem.

tredigs
09-27-2013, 06:39 PM
If we only go top 10 this year, my guess is that no PF is deserving to go.

This is true.

Bruno
09-27-2013, 07:42 PM
looks like the discussion starts at #4 this year.

Allphakenny1
09-27-2013, 08:45 PM
looks like the discussion starts at #4 this year.

I may have to go back to back PG's. Parker was more vital to the Spurs than Duncan this year and I have him above Love, Harden and Anthony as well.

5ass
09-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Ill take harden over parker any day.

xxplayerxx23
09-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Id take melo harden and a healthy love over Parker lol

Allphakenny1
09-28-2013, 07:12 PM
I would take Melo, Harden, and Love on my team over Parker as well. However, if we are talking about who had a better year last year, I think Parker gets the nod.

Chacarron
09-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I would only take Harden over Parker. Guy is too underrated.

JWorthy42
09-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I understand than CP3 is the #3 clear cut choice.

However, you should put way more options. You can't be giving people such a limited choice just because they might pick against your agenda.

Durant is hype
09-28-2013, 09:55 PM
If we're going by 2012-2013 season then Kevin Love most definitely shouldn't be here,but if you go by their body of work,then Kevin Love deserves to be here.

ManningToTyree
09-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Cp3 and then it gets interesting

Bookey
09-28-2013, 10:48 PM
You're out of your damn mind if you think Tim Duncan is still a top 5 player

JWorthy42
09-28-2013, 11:30 PM
If we're going by 2012-2013 season then Kevin Love most definitely shouldn't be here,but if you go by their body of work,then Kevin Love deserves to be here.

They have Love there but no Parker, Bryant, Irving, Dirk or Howard...

Chronz
09-29-2013, 01:08 AM
I understand than CP3 is the #3 clear cut choice.

However, you should put way more options. You can't be giving people such a limited choice just because they might pick against your agenda.
Thats not the way this thing works man. Its about consistency not an agenda

seikou8
09-29-2013, 08:19 PM
cp3

Steve Young
09-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Tim Duncan- plus 54 in the Finals, Spurs would be a 30 win team without him
Dirk Nowitzki- not all about numbers only player in the last 15 years to win a title without an All Star
D. Wade- more moves and more clutch than James
L. James- picked the right team, is pushed by the media.
Dwight Howard- very good rebounder and shot blocker
K. Durant- great streak shooter
R. Westbrook- big point guard that poors on the points usually
J. Harden- high scorer, especially on the break
C. Paul- great point guard
P. George- long armed great defensive swing man
P. Gasol- just needs the ball consistently and will win you back to back titles by himself
M. Gasol- nice all around center
C. Anothony- nice chucker, if that's what you want on your team
Z. Randolph- basically a 20 and 10 for the last 8 years.
K. Leonard- nice young defender with great hops

These are the top 15 players in the NBA right now and there is no debate cause everything I said about them is TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one other thing about Duncan - was only one coaching error away from winning the whole thing in 6. Against James, Wade, Bosh, Riley, Miller, Battier, etc, etc, (overly stacked team in todays standards). Should've been Duncan's 5th title in 5 trys.... And was one coaching error away from ruining LeBron FOREVER.

Dade County
09-30-2013, 12:09 PM
one other thing about Duncan - was only one coaching error away from winning the whole thing in 6. Against James, Wade, Bosh, Riley, Miller, Battier, etc, etc, (overly stacked team in todays standards). Should've been Duncan's 5th title in 5 trys.... And was one coaching error away from ruining LeBron FOREVER.

But you didn't factor in the entertainment reasons, of why the series was so close. Their might not have even been a game six if it was for entertainment purposes.

Steve Young
09-30-2013, 12:26 PM
But you didn't factor in the entertainment reasons, of why the series was so close. Their might not have even been a game six if it was for entertainment purposes.

LeBron has nothing for Duncan. Duncan out played him in the series. You didn't notice that LeBron was scared to take the ball in on Duncan. 80% of his points came with Duncan was on the bench.
Also ABC or ESPN can't make Green bury all those threes.

The Spurs had it in the bag but popovich benched Duncan late in the 4th and that lost the lead.

Steve Young
09-30-2013, 12:29 PM
One more thing...

Duncan blocked James a good 4-5 times in the series, not to mention the other 15- 20 shots he changed and made James throw the ball array.

Meanwhile you didn't see James block any of Duncan's shots or change any. Also Duncan had about 6 dunks in traffic on the Miami defense in the series.

James only had one dunk in traffic and that was a lucky emotional one where he threw off his head band and stopped possing and actually played for a moment.

Minimal
09-30-2013, 02:48 PM
One more thing...

Duncan blocked James a good 4-5 times in the series, not to mention the other 15- 20 shots he changed and made James throw the ball array.

Meanwhile you didn't see James block any of Duncan's shots or change any. Also Duncan had about 6 dunks in traffic on the Miami defense in the series.

James only had one dunk in traffic and that was a lucky emotional one where he threw off his head band and stopped possing and actually played for a moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYrAv-EIwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sky3YZ5USWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrJkr_IpaE

OWNED

SugeKnight
10-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Tim Duncan- plus 54 in the Finals, Spurs would be a 30 win team without him
Dirk Nowitzki- not all about numbers only player in the last 15 years to win a title without an All Star
D. Wade- more moves and more clutch than James
L. James- picked the right team, is pushed by the media.
Dwight Howard- very good rebounder and shot blocker
K. Durant- great streak shooter
R. Westbrook- big point guard that poors on the points usually
J. Harden- high scorer, especially on the break
C. Paul- great point guard
P. George- long armed great defensive swing man
P. Gasol- just needs the ball consistently and will win you back to back titles by himself
M. Gasol- nice all around center
C. Anothony- nice chucker, if that's what you want on your team
Z. Randolph- basically a 20 and 10 for the last 8 years.
K. Leonard- nice young defender with great hops

These are the top 15 players in the NBA right now and there is no debate cause everything I said about them is TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst list ever