PDA

View Full Version : Predict who has the best comeback

Goose17
09-26-2013, 02:26 PM
This is entirely speculation (obviously), interested to see what people think.

D.O.N.
09-26-2013, 03:01 PM
i'll take Love because, he had the least serious injury out of the guys, no way its affects him IMO

beasted86
This topic can have multiple perspectives though....

If Rose puts up all-star numbers, even if lower than before he could still be most successful because some people said he wouldn't be an all-star again because his game was supposedly built on athleticism.

If Oden comes back and plays more than half the season and puts up 6/6 50% 1.5 BLK that might be considered the most successful because he hasn't played in 4 years and people said his career was over.

If Kobe comes back like he was never even injured at 35 and barely missing any games and such a critical injury, that could be most successful also.

ddt
Too obvious. It's Kobe. He's always ahead of the schedule and dont be surprised if he'll be ahead of them all.

FlashBolt
09-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Too obvious. It's Kobe. He's always ahead of the schedule and dont be surprised if he'll be ahead of them all.

Yeah, but he's old as hell. Not sure if he can recover from this one compared to the likes of Rose, RWB, and Love.

Goose17
09-26-2013, 03:04 PM

What he said^

beasted86
09-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Weird double post.

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Should be D rose since he took 4 years off, but we'll see. I'm hopeing for a strong Kobe comeback.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Amar'e :D

beasted86
09-26-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm just going to pick Eric Gordon because I know nobody else will. I'm rooting for him to return to near all-star level after so many injury riddled years.

Hellcrooner
09-26-2013, 03:27 PM
I think the greatest STATS come back can be Pau.

He did like what? 13 and 7 last season?

he could/should go back to 18 and 10 at worst 20 and 12 at best with 4 or 5 assists out there too.

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Kobe, because his work ethic is crazy and he is a ****ing monster.

sp1derm00
09-26-2013, 03:32 PM
I'll take Rose. He claims to have put on 10 lbs of muscle and thinks he's quicker overall.

He doesn't seem like the type to ******** about that kind of stuff and he's had an entire year to recover and get better. He has the highest shot of coming back better than before while Kobe has about the least. Kobe's injury is probably the most severe, yet he's trying to come back way ahead of schedule and quicker than even Rose's injury.

ManningToTyree
09-26-2013, 03:33 PM
I can't bet against Kobe's work ethic. I also think Rose is going to have a huge season to quiet the haters

MrfadeawayJB
09-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I've heard Rose is looking just like he did pre-injury. I agree that the thread has way too many perspectives. I guess i'll break down mine too.

Best comeback: Rose
Best stat comeback:Rondo (he has so many opportunities cause the team sucks)
Best health comeback:Westbrook ( I think he comes back and stays healthy like he always has)

I think Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, and Greg Oden all have injuries again or lingering injuries that make them miss some time

bbcmillionaire
09-26-2013, 03:57 PM
1. Rose
2. If not rose Kobe
3. Lol let's be honest it's either one or 2

Dade County
09-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I am 100% sure that Kobe will have the best come back; it will be as if he was never really injured at all (wink, wink).

DreamShaker
09-26-2013, 05:06 PM
It's just hard for me to imagine Kobe losing a step on offense. He will eventually, and this might be the year, but it would surprise me if he wasn't the same.

Rose I worry about. He played so fearless. Borderline wreckless. I am really rooting for him to succeed, but I think he will have to play a different kind of game.

The two UCLA guys, Westbrook and Love, I think will be fine. Should be back to form.

If I had to guess, Oden has the slimmest chance of doing anything noteworthy. I am a fan of his, and hope he sticks around and excells, but the odds are not in his favor.

Gilbert Arenas is the guy I am rooting for the most. I have been watching some old games/interviews from him, and realized how much I miss him in the NBA.

Overall, I predict Love and Rose will be the guys everyone raves about this year, if only because. Kobe and Westbrook are fresh on our minds.

jstone0716
09-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Kevin Love - Best comeback IMO especially if Rubio can stay healthy with him

Kobe Bryant - Think it will have a noticeable effect on his game, particular when he attacks

Derrick Rose - Completely healthy and then some, but I think he will struggle to be the daredevil that made him so successful... He seems to really fear being injured and ruining his career. Solid, not nearly MVP form.

Danny Granger - Think he's fully healthy but will struggle in Indiana being the 3rd-4th offensive option - If he gets traded early on he will probably have a pretty solid 22+ PPG season

Greg Oden - Unfortunately I just don't see him ever contributing at a professional level again. I doubt he will even play this season.

Andrew Bynum - Same deal with Oden.. between his piss poor attitude, thinking he's the second coming of Shaq, and his glass knees... this guys days as a productive starting center are over.

Eric Gordon - Don't think he will ever return to all-star form but if he can stay healthy he will be a pretty solid starter.

Russell Westbrook - Full form. Nothing gained or lost

Rajon Rondo - Who cares. He will stuff stat sheets and still be a selfish ball hogging moron.

Gallinari - Expect to have a pretty solid season... 19/7 or so.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Love, because unlike the 3 guys better than him (Westy, Rose, Kobe), he didn't have injuries as serious as theirs. He steps right back into all NBA mode imo.

tredigs
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM

If Rose puts up all-star numbers, even if lower than before he could still be most successful because some people said he wouldn't be an all-star again because his game was supposedly built on athleticism.

If Oden comes back and plays more than half the season and puts up 6/6 50% 1.5 BLK that might be considered the most successful because he hasn't played in 4 years and people said his career was over.

If Kobe comes back like he was never even injured at 35 and barely missing any games and such a critical injury, that could be most successful also.

Rose's game definitely does depend on explosive athleticism to be elite, but he should be able to be near 100% with that much rest and elite surgeons/rehab handling the process. I expect an All Star season for sure.

jerellh528
09-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Well considering rose took the time needed to come back from 2 acl injuries it should be him going back to form. Love should go back to form As well. Pau should improve most from last yr I would say

jerellh528
09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Less chance would be anyone with a knee injury. Those are the absolute worst for athletes.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Less chance would be anyone with a knee injury. Those are the absolute worst for athletes.

so are achilles injuries when you have a million games on your feet. But if there is any current player who can prove science wrong, its mamba.

Kevj77
09-26-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm taking Rose by the time he plays a game he will have had over a year to fully recover and rehab. People come back from ACL injuries better than they used to thanks to modern medical procedures.

PurpleLynch
09-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Hope in a strong Kobe's comeback,but for now the best would be Love,he suffered a minor injury.

Plus,Kobe's work ethic and rehab are insane.

Also hope that Rondo,Rose and Westbrook will have a strong comeback,I want to see some good old battles at the Pg role.

Bulls_fan90
09-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Rose closely followed by Love.

D-Leethal
09-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Rose. He has had two years to rehab. He will be the same Derrick Rose we used to watch.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't get why so many think ACL surgery means Rose will lose explosiveness. Ask any Knick fan, Shumpert got injured at the same time and came back a lot earlier, and by the end of the season his explosion was back.

D-Leethal
09-27-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't get why so many think ACL surgery means Rose will lose explosiveness. Ask any Knick fan, Shumpert got injured at the same time and came back a lot earlier, and by the end of the season his explosion was back.

Yea even in Shumps first game back he tried to throw down a monster facial and missed - but he still got up. His explosion came back even more week to week and come playoff time you couldn't see any difference from rookie Shump. ACL tears aren't what they used to be....especially when you have 18-20 months to recover.

shep33
09-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Kevin Love, Rose, and Kobe.

Love- I expect him to beast this year, freak injuries kept him out for a while.

Rose- Probably could've come back a lot earlier, but i expect him to be at his level before injury.

Kobe-This one is scary. 35, achilles tear... lot to overcome. But I can't bet against this man

kobe4thewinbang
09-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Rooting for Rondo! Poor guy has nobody to pass the ball to now.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2013, 11:45 AM

it's simply the unknown is all. And he took a long time off from basketball, who knows if he will just start playing at that same level right off the bat.

Sadds The Gr8
09-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Derrick MVP Rose

todu82
09-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Derrick Rose.

Silent
09-28-2013, 05:50 AM
Rose Love Gordon

dmatulis
10-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Derrick Rose and Westbrook will both come back strong, but I'm thinking that Westbrook will come back better because of all the supporting casts he has. Rondo has lost all of his teammates who amounted to anything so due to his rebuilding he won't be able to come back as strong as a Westbrook or a Rose. Also Durant will help Westbrooks mindset to comeback to normal.

Tony_Starks
10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
From a competitive standpoint I see Rondo and Kobe coming back the strongest.

mightybosstone
10-14-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know how you determine "most successful." Is it based on statistical success, awards, team success, etc? If we're talking strictly numbers, it's obviously going to be between Rose, Westbrook, Kobe or Love. I'd probably give Westbrook a slight edge of the four, because he's been the most consistently efficient and he isn't known as an injury prone player. Rose and Love are the most likely to miss more time due to injury, and Kobe's getting up there in age.

However, if you base success on team success, it's probably between Rose and Westbrook, as they're the only elite players on this list on contending teams. I'm concerned about the Thunder at this point, though, with the loss of Kevin Martin and the poor depth on that team, so I'd give Rose a slight edge.

Then again, what if success is based on how much better a player comes back based on his previous statistical performance? If Oden somehow stays healthy for the majority of the season, he could easily be the most successful based on this. Or maybe Eric Gordon considering he hasn't been a top tier SG in 2-3 years, but still has the talent to get back to that level.

This thread is far too subjective. You need to be more specific if you want more consistent poll results.

koreancabbage
10-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Love, he's already producing in preseason. he'll put up the biggest stats of all of them.

Rose, meh, he's going to play cautionary all season long and probably won't be his explosive self for the first half of the season. and the team is going to take it slow with him. any point in time he feels sore, they are going to rest him. he's basically the Bulls x-factor for the season but they'll still win win without him.

thirdly, Westbrook or Kobe.

effen5
10-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Love, he's already producing in preseason. he'll put up the biggest stats of all of them.

Rose, meh, he's going to play cautionary all season long and probably won't be his explosive self for the first half of the season. and the team is going to take it slow with him. any point in time he feels sore, they are going to rest him. he's basically the Bulls x-factor for the season but they'll still win win without him.

thirdly, Westbrook or Kobe.

He hasn't played with any cautionary during the preseason, what makes you think that? He looks just as fast as before, and still driving to the rim at will like before. Only thing thats off in his game is freethrow and his jump shot...but that will come later on.

rjkgr
10-14-2013, 04:44 PM
d-rose no doubt but if d-rose had an achilles injury, he wouldnt be back probably until 2014 haha