PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Sign Lou Amundson

Clippersfan86
09-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Not a big signing but adds a scrappy, defensive minded backup big that the team lacked. I was hoping to hear this weeks ago because I think fit wise he could help more than Jamison. 4th or 5th big in the rotation, should solidify our weakness a little bit. Not a guaranteed contract yet, could very well be after training camp.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/4907/sources-clippers-sign-lou-amundson

xILLN355
09-25-2013, 05:45 PM
yawn. clips forum

MrfadeawayJB
09-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Is it official guaranteed or is it training camp invite? I heard about the invite

kdspurman
09-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Is it official guaranteed or is it training camp invite? I heard about the invite

That's exactly what I saw/heard too. Article confirms it as well

The Los Angeles Clippers have signed veteran big man Lou Amundson to a non-guaranteed contract, according to sources with knowledge of the move

The deal allows the Clippers to bring Amundson to training camp to give him a chance to make the team.

IndyRealist
09-25-2013, 09:12 PM
After watching him on the Pacers two years ago, he's not a very good defender. He hustles and rebounds well, but the second unit almost entirely relied on Tyler Hansbrough to defend the post. He's a C in a SF's body. The Clippers won't need him to score except off of putbacks, so his offensive won't hinder the team. Just don't let him take jumpers.

Cracka2HI!
09-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I like the signing a lot. I almost wish it would have come instead of one of the Clippers other reserve bigs. What a crapshoot of mediocirity. That said it's kind of a nice mix with Hollins, Mullins, Jamison and now Amundson. You have to think Doc can work some magic with the matchup differences each guy creates. All that said IDK if he will make the team. I beleive if he did the Clippers would be in the luxury tax. I don't think he is a good enough player to go into tax territory. With the penalty being so much worse for repeat offenders I don't think he makes much sense even though the tax hit would be tiny this year. With CP3 and Blake on max deals the Clippers are going to hit the tax. The later the better. Especially with an owner like Sterling. I can see his signing coming at the expense of Willie Green. He was a nice guy to have last season but with Reddick, Crawford, Dudley, Barnes, Bullock and Collison I would think Green is more expendable than Amundson. Not sure if Green's contract is now guaranteed or not, but it wasn't when he signed it.

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2013, 04:44 PM
He's crap and won't see much time

SMH!
09-26-2013, 04:50 PM
yawn. clips forum

this..