CB Winfield
CB Parker
DB Shead
SS Guy

Bowie will be headed to the IR

We also traded a conditional pick to JAC for DT D'Anthony Smith

jej
08-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Wait, so we are going with 2 tight ends? And like 3 defensive tackles?

EDIT: And one backup safety? What is even going on?

House
08-31-2013, 07:50 PM
We gotta be picking a TE up OR the fact that Spencer Ware and Derrick Coleman both made the team absorbed the additional spot.

Trading for D'Anthony Smith leaves us:
Mebane
Daniels
Hill
Smith
Bennett

jej
08-31-2013, 08:01 PM
We gotta be picking a TE up OR the fact that Spencer Ware and Derrick Coleman both made the team absorbed the additional spot.

Trading for D'Anthony Smith leaves us:
Mebane
Daniels
Hill
Smith
Bennett
Isn't Hill out like 3-6 weeks or something though?

Also, I am assuming you meant "McDaniels"?

House
08-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Isn't Hill out like 3-6 weeks or something though?

Also, I am assuming you meant "McDaniels"?

Hill will sit out as an inactive for those games. Game days only suit up 46 players.
You're right... I don't know how I left the "Mc" off of McDaniels

Here is our 53-man roster:

OFF Total: 24
QB: R. Wilson, T. Jackson (2)
RB: M. Lynch, R. Turbin, C. Michael (3)
FB: D. Coleman, S. Ware (2)
WR: S. Rice, G. Tate, D. Baldwin, J. Kearse, S. Williams (5)
TE: Z. Miller, L. Willson (2)
OL: R. Okung, P. McQuistan, M. Unger, J.R. Sweezy, B. Giacomini, J. Carpenter, L. Jeanpierre, A. Bailey, M. Person (9)

DEF Total: 26
DT: B. Mebane T. McDaniel, M. Bennett, J. Hill, D. Smith (5)
DE: C. Avril, B. Mayowa, R. Bryant, C. Clemons, O. Schofield (5)
LB: K.J. Wright, B. Wagner, M. Smith, A. Bradford, J. Lotulelei, H. Farwell, M. Morgan (7)
CB: R. Sherman, B. Browner, W. Thurmond III, J. Lane, B. Maxwell (5)
FS: E. Thomas, C. Maragos (2)
SS: K. Chancellor, J. Johnson (2)

ST: S. Hauschka, J. Ryan, C. Gresham (3)
TOTAL: 53

jej
08-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Surprised we kept 7 linebackers. Im sure one of them goes once Irvin is back

kyuss275
08-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Surprised they cut McGrath? I guess someone else will be coming in. Have to think one of the linebackers will be cut by Monday to make room.

Also think Ware is a candidate for being cut if they bring in other players.

NateyB24
08-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Mcgrath was good but he didn't have anything to seperate himself really Zach Miller is an all around TE and Luke Willson provides a strength receiving hopefully he improves his blocking though.

I don't see them cutting Ware after cutting Robinson.

Burleson81
08-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Edited.

Hill will sit out as an inactive for those games. Game days only suit up 46 players.
You're right... I don't know how I left the "Mc" off of McDaniels

Here is our 53-man roster:

OFF Total: 23
OL: R. Okung, P. McQuistan, M. Unger, J.R. Sweezy, B. Giacomini, J. Carpenter, L. Jeanpierre, A. Bailey, M. Person (9)

DEF Total: 27
LB: K.J. Wright, B. Wagner, M. Smith, A. Bradford, J. Lotulelei, H. Farwell, M. Morgan, B. Irvin (8)

seahawks509
08-31-2013, 10:09 PM
I am really surprised with our cuts. They aren't afraid to make moves. That's scary. Sends a message throughout the team to compete every day or you will get the boot.

Burleson81
08-31-2013, 10:17 PM
So we cut two 4th rounders from the past two years, essentially gave away our 3rd round selection from three years ago for nothing, and lastly released two Pro Bowl veterans.

Hmmm....

jej
08-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Edited.

He is suspended. Doesnt count toward the roster does he?

Burleson81
08-31-2013, 10:23 PM
He is suspended. Doesnt count toward the roster does he?

Good point. Either way, the math was wrong on the offensive player count. So is there a player hiding out there that we haven't accounted for?

House
08-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Edited.

I'm operating on no sleep today... It took me 20 minutes to realize what I screwed up. LOL

House
08-31-2013, 10:49 PM
OFF Total: 24
OL: R. Okung, P. McQuistan, M. Unger, J.R. Sweezy, B. Giacomini, J. Carpenter, L. Jeanpierre, A. Bailey, M. Person, M. Bowie (10)

DEF Total: 26
LB: K.J. Wright, B. Wagner, M. Smith, A. Bradford, J. Lotulelei, H. Farwell, M. Morgan (7)

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/8/31/4680920/seahawks-first-draft-of-the-official-53
There is possible word that Bowie could be headed to the IR in which there would be an additional roster spot.

seahawks509
09-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Isn't he on IR? Still doesn't count.

seahawks509
09-01-2013, 12:36 AM
I think this whole FB thing is a smoke screen. The FB market is dead so there won't be a ton of interest in him. I think this illness is bad especially if it's MRSA. Rob loves it here and we love him. This is almost like our PUP. We maybe cut him and get some work with these guys then once he comes back we sign him back.

House
09-01-2013, 02:50 AM
Isn't he on IR? Still doesn't count.

He's on the active roster. He hasn't been placed on the IR, so he is taking a spot.

I think this whole FB thing is a smoke screen. The FB market is dead so there won't be a ton of interest in him. I think this illness is bad especially if it's MRSA. Rob loves it here and we love him. This is almost like our PUP. We maybe cut him and get some work with these guys then once he comes back we sign him back.

I'm not so sure... Treatment is iffy and no real timetable for recovery, PLUS the $2M in rollover for next yr. I believe the educated/calculated thoughts of Coleman/Ware replacing Robinson produced the conclusion of little to no drop off and the team rolled w/ it

FWBrodie
09-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Ty Powell, Siliga, Harper, and a couple others have been signed to the practice squad. Stoked about Powell and Harper.

House
09-01-2013, 08:38 PM
6/8 spots filled... Curious about other 2
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/9/1/4684080/seahawks-practice-squad#comments

Baller1
09-01-2013, 09:20 PM
What's MRSA?

Burleson81
09-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm curious where the players we cut signed with.. I'm saw that

KC signed McGrath, Howard, and Parker.

Jacksonville signed Blackmon, Knox, and Guy. Anyone saw anything else?

I like that Harper and Siliga got on our PS. I'm hoping Shead gets on our PS.

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2013, 10:24 PM
What's MRSA?

MRSA and staph infection are both very similar to my knowledge.

I had staph infection my freshman year of high school. I had a cut on my cheek at a wrestling tournament and it got infected with staph. After a couple of days it spread from a little mat burn in the center of my cheek to a bunch of acne looking stuff all over my cheek. It essentially was eating away at my face.... disgusting. It can be deadly.

House
09-02-2013, 10:46 AM
SF just stole Chris Harper off of our Practice Squad. Looking back at everything, I was a HUGE advocate of Quinton Patton, but I was a bit intrigued by Harper'a size and physical play. With Kearse and Williams playing lights out, Harper wasn't going to get any burn anyways...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/report-seahawks-fourth-rounder-chris-harper-heading-to-49ers/

TeamSeattle
09-02-2013, 11:54 AM
So we cut two 4th rounders from the past two years, essentially gave away our 3rd round selection from three years ago for nothing, and lastly released two Pro Bowl veterans.

Hmmm....

I know right

Baller1
09-02-2013, 01:14 PM
MRSA and staph infection are both very similar to my knowledge.

I had staph infection my freshman year of high school. I had a cut on my cheek at a wrestling tournament and it got infected with staph. After a couple of days it spread from a little mat burn in the center of my cheek to a bunch of acne looking stuff all over my cheek. It essentially was eating away at my face.... disgusting. It can be deadly.

Oh damn, that doesn't sound fun at all.

SF just stole Chris Harper off of our Practice Squad. Looking back at everything, I was a HUGE advocate of Quinton Patton, but I was a bit intrigued by Harper'a size and physical play. With Kearse and Williams playing lights out, Harper wasn't going to get any burn anyways...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/report-seahawks-fourth-rounder-chris-harper-heading-to-49ers/

**** the 49ers.

kyuss275
09-02-2013, 01:40 PM

I liked Quinton Patton also. From what i heard he had a great camp with the 49ers.

Won't be surprised if Harper is released after week 2 from the 49 ers. One of those, tell us about the team you were playing for signings.

Burleson81
09-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Well played, Niners.. well played.

Burleson81
09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
@Seahawks

#Seahawks Practice Squad: Michael Brooks, Cooper Helfet, Ty Powell, Ryan Seymour, DeShawn Shead, Sealver Siliga, Jared Smith & Bryan Walters
8:30 AM - 2 Sep 2013

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-re-sign-eight-players-to-practice-squad/fad58b7a-8d7d-46e2-8a44-2462285f36e9

seahawks509
09-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Not sure why we passed on Patton

Burleson81
09-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Not sure why we passed on Patton

Because we got Harvin, and we had Baldwin and Golden. We needed a different type receiver, a big bodied one, physical one. After pre-season that may develop to being Williams if he can add on weight and be more physical.

Bowman53
09-02-2013, 08:58 PM
So basically it's like we got a free fourth round pick from you guys. Thanks for the gift.

Burleson81
09-02-2013, 09:12 PM
So basically it's like we got a free fourth round pick from you guys. Thanks for the gift.

Figured maybe he can help you guys keep the score closer next time. Tickets are expensive. I don't like to pay to watch a pro team demolish another pro team like it's high school football. You're welcome!

Bowman53
09-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I didn't mind paying to watch us clinch the NFC West the very next Sunday.

FWBrodie
09-02-2013, 10:03 PM

You got a guy who couldn't make our roster and literally went unclaimed by every team in the NFL first.

FWBrodie
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Love how the 49ers need Seattle to do all their scouting for them.

seahawks509
09-03-2013, 12:51 AM

Doubt he's gonna last long bro. Then once you release him we will add him to our practice squad again. He's got a lot of learning to do and I doubt you guys will be patient enough with him. You need impact guys now.

NateyB24
09-03-2013, 01:00 AM
It's like Ricardo Lockette all over again lol.

FWBrodie
09-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Harper is a good prospect with a lot of clay to build with, but it speaks volumes that Seattle doesn't have space for any project WR's while SF will basically carry nothing but projects at the position behind Boldin.

Also, guarantee SF would prefer Stephen Williams or Jermaine Kearse who made it impossible to keep Harper on the 53.

FWBrodie
09-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Coleman will start at FB.

Kearse will be the #1 kick returner.

FWBrodie
09-03-2013, 02:02 AM
Pete referred to Mike Person as a tight end, so I guess that's your third TE. They must have big plans for him in the run game as the 6th lineman and probably backing up Miller.

kyuss275
09-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Doubt he's gonna last long bro. Then once you release him we will add him to our practice squad again. He's got a lot of learning to do and I doubt you guys will be patient enough with him. You need impact guys now.

I do think Harper will end up back on Seattle's practice squad. Apparently the 49ers are trying him at TE. If he is cut, which i think he will be, i doubt he would want to sign with the 49'ers practice squad as a TE.

I do hope we get him back.He has some talent and if he had made that TD catch probably would have made the seahawks. Lets not forget he ran a great route, but blundered on a catch that he would make 99.9% of the time.

kyuss275
09-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Harper is a good prospect with a lot of clay to build with, but it speaks volumes that Seattle doesn't have space for any project WR's while SF will basically carry nothing but projects at the position behind Boldin.

Also, guarantee SF would prefer Stephen Williams or Jermaine Kearse who made it impossible to keep Harper on the 53.

To be fair to the 49'ers they are without Crabtree and Manningham for 6 games. It's not like this was their game plan.

Also while i guess Patton could be considered a "project", i think he is going to have a great year. Really wish the Hawks had drafted him.

Seattle4Ever
09-03-2013, 04:32 PM
It's funny because the 49ers are taking all of our scraps and putting them on their 53, while the only player we've claimed from them was a LS that was only used to push Gresham into restructuring his contract.

Bowman53
09-03-2013, 07:26 PM

But Schneider would have known that before he took him. Seems weird to invest a 4th Round pick in someone that you know is going to be a project, and then cut him in training camp during his rookie year.

FWBrodie
09-03-2013, 10:34 PM
But Schneider would have known that before he took him. Seems weird to invest a 4th Round pick in someone that you know is going to be a project, and then cut him in training camp during his rookie year.

Not really. Jermaine Kearse had an amazing offseason and Stephen Williams came out of nowhere.

NateyB24
09-04-2013, 01:50 AM

I haven't seen one mid round pick Schneider has cut to go on to succeed. Somebody will probably find one for me now lol but i seriously can't think of one.

seahawks509
09-04-2013, 03:25 AM

A undrafted free agent stole the show. That's why he got released.

kyuss275
09-04-2013, 12:25 PM

The only draw-back of having a team with a legit chance of a superbowl is that you go all in. If this is last year he makes the team, even with the Oakland game.

Said it in another post that if he makes that TD catch he makes the team and hawks go with 6 WR to start the season. It was a calculated risk that Carroll took and he almost got away with it. He probably thought that the Oakland game was bad enough for him not to get claimed. He was close, but no cigar.

Hopper15
09-04-2013, 04:04 PM

The fact that two undrafted free agents(Kearse, Williams)are making your team doesn't exactly say a lot about your depth at WR as well.

Seattle4Ever
09-04-2013, 05:39 PM
:laugh2: SF doesn't even have Harper at WR. He's a move TE in the mold of Walker. So obviously they don't see it in him at WR either. I just don't think he's a fit in our offense.

He didn't separate himself from our WR's even with the advantage of having a different skillset and body. Also, LOL at Hopper making fun of Seattle's depth at WR. Last time I checked you just picked up a WR that didn't get picked up off waivers and made our practice squad.

Seattle4Ever
09-04-2013, 05:40 PM
The fact that two undrafted free agents(Kearse, Williams)are making your team doesn't exactly say a lot about your depth at WR as well.

Doug Baldwin has something to say about that.

FWBrodie
09-04-2013, 08:39 PM

A) Doug Baldwin

B) They're both veterans.

kyuss275
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Hawks signed TE Kellen Davis. The good news he can block. The bad news he can't catch a ball to save his life.

Coach said that Luke Wilson was banged up. Not sure if that means he can't play this week.

Allen Bradford was cut to make room.

Seattle4Ever
09-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Hate losing Bradford. If he's not swooped up right away, I bet he's on our shadow roster for awhile and then signed again.

jej
09-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I would have preferred we cut Morgan instead. Not a huge deal tho.

Also, LOL at that attempted insult that just turned into an opportunity to demonstrate how much deeper we are.

jej
09-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Hawks signed TE Kellen Davis. The good news he can block. The bad news he can't catch a ball to save his life.

Coach said that Luke Wilson was banged up. Not sure if that means he can't play this week.

Allen Bradford was cut to make room.

Kind of interesting that we chose a blocking TE rather than a recieving one if they are going to fill in for Willson. Maybe Person as a TE isn't as serious as we think?

FWBrodie
09-18-2013, 03:28 PM
What's worse, this or Ram Rules (http://youtu.be/0-d-Hf5Zzn4)?

Niners fans want NFL to make 12th Man pipe down
by TRAVIS PITTMAN / KING 5 News / NWCN.com
Posted on September 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM

A couple of San Francisco area residents think Seahawks fans were just a tad too loud in Sunday’s win. They want the NFL to make fans pipe down or lose the rights to home games.

Seahawks fans set a new world record for the loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium, cheering for their team at a whopping 136.6 decibels. The noise disrupted the Niners and helped the Seahawks to a 29-3 win.

In a letter to the editor of the San Francisco Chronicle, Judy Spelman and Rich Schiller said Seahawks fans were “juiced on noise” and they accused the team and fans of “unsportsmanlike conduct." They said the noise “surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug.”

The pair want the Seahawks to ask fans to quiet down. They also want the NFL to implement a new rule to allow the visiting team to stop a game if the noise surpasses a certain decibel level. If the rule is violated in more than three games, the “offending” team would lose all its home games for the remainder of the season and playoffs.

“At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface,” writes Spelman and Schiller.
More: http://www.nwcn.com/home/Niners-fans-letter-Seahawks-noise-ban-224230581.html

furmat60
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Is this a joke?

FWBrodie
09-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Larger excerpt from the letter.
Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.
Also, a follow up response from another fan.

I couldn't agree more with "Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle" (Letters, Sept. 17).

It wasn't a game of skill anymore; it was an exhibition of excessive stadium noise, posturing obscenities in your opponent's face to draw a foul and street-punk behavior to fire up tensions to gain any advantage to get the win.

I hope the NFL will listen before the fans go deaf. Please stop the excessive stadium noise, and just play football.

Ellen Gust, Palo Alto
http://deadspin.com/49ers-fans-write-letter-asking-that-seattle-fans-stop-b-1342037234@Tom_Ley

Poor 49ers fans. It's not fair, our team was supposed to win. They were too rough, their fans were too loud, our team got all wet. This is great.

FWBrodie
09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
When I was a kid I can remember watching the Hawks play at Arrowhead and experiencing the exact same issues. I never thought it wasn't fair, I just envied the atmosphere they had going on at the time. This is pathetic. I mean should Mile High be fined for thin air? Should Oakland forfeit for being too scary? Should the Rams be punished for being too quiet and lame? Get out with this.

furmat60
09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/18/richard-sherman-san-francisco-49ers/

Such a great article. Very well written. He is easily my favorite player on this team.

furmat60
09-18-2013, 04:21 PM
That's ****ing pathetic.

"It wasn't a game of skill anymore; it was an exhibition of excessive stadium noise, posturing obscenities in your opponent's face to draw a foul and street-punk behavior to fire up tensions to gain any advantage to get the win.

I hope the NFL will listen before the fans go deaf. Please stop the excessive stadium noise, and just play football."

So.........stop playing football?

Boozerguy47
09-18-2013, 10:41 PM
A friend just shared that article with me. He--my friend--recently got out of SEALs training and is now rekindling his dream of making it as a professional golfer. When I was a freshman in HS he was a senior on the team. Crazy good. Went onto play for a D2 university and was twice the national D2 player of the year.

Kind of went off on a tangent there, but if anyone would be interested in donating to his fund raiser I can get the link. He is using Rallyme and offering "gifts" based on donation size.

On Topic: Sherm is the man. Just hate to think that we'll likely lose him when having to pick between him Thomas, Wilson and Okung.

Boozerguy47
09-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Can I vote for both?

Seattle4Ever
09-19-2013, 02:43 PM
:laugh:

The 49er fans better not cheer when we go to Candlestick or else they better cease and desist.

Baller1
09-19-2013, 08:42 PM
No way, we can't lose him. Him and Thomas will be the staple of our defense for years, hopefully along with Wagner. I know money is the problem, but I see absolutely no scenario where Schneider and Carroll let him get away.

Vinny642
09-20-2013, 05:42 AM
yeah I dont think we let Sherman Thomas or Russell go, a lot of big contracts will be off the books then too

Vinny642
09-20-2013, 05:43 AM
And quite an amazing article written by Sherman.

Seattle4Ever
09-20-2013, 04:04 PM
He's an intelligent guy. It gets overshadowed by his personality. Most people don't even realize.... even Hawks fans.

seasun62
09-20-2013, 04:14 PM
He's an intelligent guy. It gets overshadowed by his personality. Most people don't even realize.... even Hawks fans.

:clap:

Baller1
09-24-2013, 03:25 AM
I know we've talked about these before, but they deserve their own thread. These videos are absolutely incredible, and William Cornell deserves endless amounts of praise for these videos. They're seriously just so amazing.

Episode 3 was just put up recently, but it's only part 1 for now. For those of you who haven't watched any of these, take the time to do so. Absolutely worth it.

Episode 1: http://youtu.be/QHMXgHQxPyw

Episode 2: http://youtu.be/Ff2VWSm7MZs

Episode 3 (Part I): http://youtu.be/0zfixHwveUE

These are mobile links, I'll add the regular links when I get a chance.

NateyB24
09-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Better watch this while you can the NFL might get Youtube to remove it they hate having there NFL stuff on youtube which is why you have to private stuff.

Boozerguy47
09-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Going to watch Ep 3 here in a bit.

Baller1
09-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Other one is filled up.

Came in to post this though:

How good is Seattle? Scary good is the answer. The Seahawks have faced two pretty good defenses in San Francisco and Carolina as well as Jacksonville. Through those first three games, Seattle is 14.59 percent better designed than its opponents and has won the turnover battle by an average of +2 per game. New England was 9.19 percent better than its regular season opponents and won the turnover battle by an average of +1 per game the year the Patriots went 16-0. In 1972, the unbeaten Super Bowl champion Dolphins were 10.45 percent better designed than their regular season opponents and won the turnover battle by an average of +1.29 per game.

Seattle4Ever
09-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Another reason to absolutely love Russell Wilson (as if you don't already). Some of you may have realized, some may not have.

Per @hawkblogger

Did you know? The last time the Seahawks lost a game by more than a touchdown was Nov 2011 @ DAL (23-13). Never with @DangeRussWilson at QB

Baller1
09-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Read that earlier too. This team just doesn't get blown out. Doesn't happen.

Seattle4Ever
09-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Helluva video.

Man.... I love Wilson so much.

FWBrodie
09-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Russ is undefeated at home too.

FWBrodie
09-28-2013, 01:49 PM
I hate Tony Ventrella.

Boozerguy47
09-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Take your job did he?

Seattle4Ever
09-29-2013, 01:46 AM
Yup. Nuts.

Seattle4Ever
09-29-2013, 01:46 AM
I don't think he's bad at all.

Burleson81
09-29-2013, 02:01 AM
I like to watch his videos everyday after work to see how practices went.

Mr.SmackYoMama
10-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Good I hate the Niners :0).....Thoughts????

Vinny642
10-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Lmao I saw, idk who he is though. Maybe he can tell us some Niner secrets.

Burleson81
10-03-2013, 02:52 AM
BJ Daniels showed some potential in preseason.

To make space, the Seahawks waived Lotulelei who also showed some potential in preseason.

I'm on the fence on this one.

Seattle4Ever
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't like it. We don't need a third QB. Getting rid of Lotulelei makes sense with Irvin returning, but he looked great in the preseason. The one thing that would make this make sense is if we released T-Jack and developed Daniels. T-Jack currently makes more than Wilson, so there's that.

seahawks509
10-03-2013, 02:59 PM
I love Daniels. I really wanted Seattle to draft him this year. He's very raw and really needs to develop, but he's a perfect fit for our read-option game and he's got some similarities to RW3. I am interested why we brought him in. This guy is a gamer

Seattle4Ever
10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah, similar in size to Russ. I still think it has more to do with him being a SF castoff rather than the player himself.

Baller1
10-03-2013, 08:08 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle-seahawks-consider-adding-2000-to-3000-more-seats-to-centurylink-field-100313

Damn.

Baller1
10-04-2013, 10:52 AM
@JessamynESPN: When @Earl_Thomas was asked which NFL secondary might be second to the #LegionOfBoom: "Our backups." #Seahawks

TeamSeattle
10-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah, similar in size to Russ. I still think it has more to do with him being a SF castoff rather than the player himself.

It could be we are using his the same as Portis last year. A decoy to simulate read-options and mobile QB rollouts.

Seattle4Ever
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM
It could be we are using his the same as Portis last year. A decoy to simulate read-options and mobile QB rollouts.

That's valuable.

House
10-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I think Daniels will be our LONG-TERM backup

seasun62
10-04-2013, 07:49 PM
You gotta think that Jackson thinks he'll get one more shot to start somewhere. There are soooo many bad QB's out there right now. I think Daniels is the #2 next year. Great scout team QB for this year though.

Seattle4Ever
10-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I think Daniels will be our LONG-TERM backup

I don't know about that. Could have said the same about Portis.

House
10-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't know about that. Could have said the same about Portis.

I understand what you're saying. Portis' downfall was decision-making. Daniels has been credited for having decent/good decision-making, but he definitely needs some grooming.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/3/4288794/49ers-draft-picks-bj-daniels-scouting-report
http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2013/RB/BJ-Daniels

T-Jack has been impressive with no pressures of being the starter. Perhaps he sticks around, but Daniels could stick for the longer time frame in my opinion.

Seppuku
10-06-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure we have room to play games like this. We are low on able bodied players as we have a slew of injuries. We don't need a 3rd string QB right now. We have Harvin coming back really soon. Roster spots are precious. We can't move BJ to the practice squad or we might as well put him right back on the 49ers where he was. The only thought of why we might have done this was to move him to the practice squad later in the season in hopes that the 49ers pick him back up and are forced to carry him on the active roster during a critical time.

RadconRob
10-09-2013, 12:55 PM

I think he is right. Our backups could start anywhere else!

Seattle4Ever
10-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I really think Thurmond, Maxwell, and Lane could start on most teams. Not sure about Jeron Johnson. Definitely not Maragos.

House
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I think this would be smart...
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seattle-seahawks-sorry-sidney-rice-time-room-others-215200983--nfl.html

Baller1
10-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I like Rice, but I have to agree. Rice just is a complete nonfactor much more often than not.

House
10-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I like Rice, but I have to agree. Rice just is a complete nonfactor much more often than not.

I was hoping he'd find that 2009 season magic, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. Pair that with $8.5M due in '14 and he's a goner. Michael Bennett will need a contract and he DEFINITELY has earned it

Seattle4Ever
10-11-2013, 02:37 AM
I've been saying this for awhile. I think he's gone.

I'm scared of what moves like these will do to team chemistry..... lack of loyalty with moves like that and Mike Rob.

House
10-11-2013, 02:47 AM
I've been saying this for awhile. I think he's gone.

I'm scared of what moves like these will do to team chemistry..... lack of loyalty with moves like that and Mike Rob.

IMO, I don't think Rice going would be too bad. Players talk, they know what others are being paid and they see production. With the "Always Compete", I think the players know that loyalty is HUGE, but so are contributions.

From my understanding, Mike Rob is still dealing with medical issues and isn't even cleared to play yet. He was on NFL network 2 weeks ago and you could see he's lost mass (muscle). Some times there are tough calls to make. I think the team knows the correct decision was made

Seattle4Ever
10-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Speaking of, I wonder if we're ready to give up on the Coleman experiment.

House
10-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Coleman hasn't played great, but he hasn't played bad either. Spencer Ware is still out with a real bad high-ankle sprain, so our options are limited. He is not seeing a significant amount of snaps on the field, so keeping him and building rapport doesn't hurt. He's healthy, hard-working and if we can find a better alternate, we should do our due diligence.

Seattle4Ever
10-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Lynch doesn't seem to really trust him.

jej
10-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Coleman seems fine to me. Plus we don't use the FB all that much anyway. Certainly not enough to pay someone tons of money. Maybe get him some competition next year with a cheap blocker.

Seattle4Ever
10-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Well we use it even less now with Coleman. At a time when our offensive line is struggling so badly due to experience, injuries, and sometimes flat out lack of talent, we could really use him.

I just think Lynch doesn't seem to trust him on some plays. He uses him like a decoy in the open field.

House
10-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Coleman got Lynch in the End Zone there

Seattle4Ever
10-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Good. That's his job.

I think he looked a lot better today.

Burleson81
10-13-2013, 10:31 PM
DC played well last week as well. Our run game was definitely not the reason why we lost last week.

Seattle4Ever
10-14-2013, 01:55 PM
That game was bad luck, penalties, refs, and the Lynch drop.

NateyB24
10-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Carroll said doubting fans need to “do their homework” about the explosive capabilities of his offense.

“I think we’re just concerned with the points not on the board,” Carroll said. “We’re moving the football, doing some good things. Red zone has not been quite as sharp, third down has not been quite as sharp as we will be. I think we’re on the verge of being really good, and fortunately we’re 5-1 here and we’re still improving.”

“At the end of the day,” Wilson added, “the ultimate goal is to win and that’s what we did. The defense made some big turnovers. The offense made some big plays when we needed to. Going into that fourth quarter, it was a close game and we were able to separate ourselves a little bit there and get a touchdown when we needed to.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/10/14/russell-wilson-pete-carroll-seahawks-offense-is-just-fine/

NateyB24
10-16-2013, 01:48 AM
That game was bad luck, penalties, refs, and the Lynch drop.

Special teams and Browner getting burned is was lost us the game against the Colts.

Wilson hasn't been playing his best football either over throwing some guys but its hard to put the finger on him when he is trying to dodge traffic because the offensive line is duct taped together.

Labgrownmangoat
10-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Special teams and Browner getting burned is was lost us the game against the Colts.

Wilson hasn't been playing his best football either over throwing some guys but its hard to put the finger on him when he is trying to dodge traffic because the offensive line is duct taped together.

+1 for spelling duct tape correctly.

And yeah, I agree. Take away the left tackle, the right tackle, the center, the top TE and the #1 receiver from any QB in the league and see how they do. The fact that Wilson has kept us in games and led us to wins under those circumstances says a whole helluva lot more than his raw stats for this year do.

TeamSeattle
10-17-2013, 05:20 PM
49ers waived Chris Harper today after they signed him to that contract lol. So do we bring him back to our practice squad again?

House
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Possible, but I doubt it.

Seattle4Ever
10-18-2013, 12:12 AM
He'll go through waivers. I don't know who we'd drop for him. Walters, maybe. But Harper doesn't play ST I believe.....

Seattle4Ever
10-18-2013, 02:47 AM
Those of you who said we "didn't take enough shots downfield", here you go....

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 1m
13.3% of SEA attempted passes go for 20 yard completions- 2nd highest percentage in the NFL behind PHI 17.6% @hawkblogger

Seattle4Ever
10-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 1m
...26 twenty yard completions out of 195 passing attempts- that's explosive- craziness- Philly has 34 on 193 attempts #explosive #chip&pete

and more

Burleson81
10-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Seahawks bringing in Mike Rob for a physical. Interesting. :D

TeamSeattle
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
We should of never gotten rid of him in the first place.

Baller1
10-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Who do we cut though?

Burleson81
10-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Who do we cut though?

Fans are guessing that they designate IR one of the rookie FB's.

Burleson81
10-20-2013, 09:50 PM

If he signs for the vet min, they will have saved a significant amount of cap space. Football is still a business.

FWBrodie
10-20-2013, 11:03 PM

Meh. Coleman has been a stud.

Seattle4Ever
10-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Fans are guessing that they designate IR one of the rookie FB's.

Ware's injury seems more severe, but he's also the better RB. I'd think it's Ware still.

Seppuku
10-21-2013, 07:42 PM

This is a significant development. I'm surprised no other team has already done this.

Burleson81
10-21-2013, 10:22 PM
This is a significant development. I'm surprised no other team has already done this.

I believe Tennessee brought him in earlier, but didn't offer him a contract.

NateyB24
10-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Wilson worked with Harvin today on off day on the .com article.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Monday-in-Hawkville-The-long-wait-is-over-for-Percy-Harvin-and-the-Seahawks/bf851cdf-085c-4f0f-a503-48f236de4b35

Baller1
10-21-2013, 11:54 PM
@chrisclemons91: I'd like to welcome our captain Mike Rob back!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Hell yes.

ccg34
10-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Lockette is back too. lmbo

Vinny642
10-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Still waiting on official word

Seppuku
10-22-2013, 01:38 AM
http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2013/10/21/4865156/seahawks-re-sign-michael-robinson-tweets-chris-clemons-richardo

The latest.

Seattle4Ever
10-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Spencer Ware to IR, Robinson to roster, Lockette and Zach Allen to PS.

I expected it to be Coleman, but that's good.

Burleson81
10-23-2013, 01:31 AM
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Focus-on-Michael-Robinson/4861a063-a80e-4be5-807f-0fa9dc038dca

“Marshawn (Lynch) almost cried when he saw Mike Rob walk in,” practice squad wide receiver Ricardo Lockette said before he, Robinson and Percy Harvin all practiced with the team for the first time in varying degrees of time.

Awww....

It was a business decision, and one that Robinson understood. But it also was rooted in the illness he was battling, which caused his weight to drop from 245 pounds to 212 and put him in the hospital a couple of times..... “They just said it was a perfect storm. I felt like I was just getting the flu. Come to find out it was real bad; liver, kidneys almost failed. It was pretty bad.”

Now I understand why they had to release him. Can't play FB at 212.

“Pete (Carroll, the coach) and John (Schneider, the general manager), they did a great job of communicating with me. They were very upfront when they were cutting me. We were in there talking and they said, ‘Mike, we know it’s going to come a point down the line when you’re going to be healthy and we’re probably going to need you. If the opportunity presents itself, we’re going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You’re part of us. You helped us start this thing.’

“It just felt really good to know an organization feels that strongly about you.”

The Seahawks are a classy organization. MikeRob was part of the team even when he was apart from the team.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/10/22/video-michael-robinson/

Robinson said he wasn’t sure if the RealRobReport will return this year, saying he doesn’t want anything to be a distraction to the team. Said he planned to talk soon to Pete Carroll about it.

Hope PC says it's okay to continue the RRR.

Vinny642
10-23-2013, 04:26 AM
very happy

Baller1
10-23-2013, 12:23 PM
I think the "leadership" aspect of sports chemistry is overrated, but I feel that Big Rob is a special case. His value on the field isn't what it used to be... But if Marshawn really did react like that when Rob walked in, then that right there tells you that Rob has some serious effects on this locker room.

I'm ****ing ecstatic to have him back. And Harvin. Now get us our offensive line back and lets win a Super Bowl.

Baller1
10-23-2013, 12:28 PM
This team just have a different feel to it. We all loved the '05 team of course, probably the best team in franchise history... But it just feels different this year. I believe in these guys more than I did the '05 team.

Labgrownmangoat
10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Don't take my word for it. Just look at their forum:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?841209-Official-Seahawk-Watch-Thread

Hilarious back and forth among 9ers fans there. But they aren't threatened. Just ask them, well, ask them when they think someone is watching.

As a completely unrelated note, this (http://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous/give-up-now-amputee-josh-sundquist-just-won-halloweenagain.php) is the craziest Halloween costume ever.

Vinny642
10-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Lmao

Boozerguy47
10-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Eh, can't blame them. We're just too lazy to make a 49er thread... Now that I say that, this will likely turn into it.

FWBrodie
10-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Well no effing kidding. They just got steamrolled two times in a row on national television by the Seahawks.

Seattle4Ever
10-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Woooooooow :laugh:

Burleson81
10-23-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm guessing Rocket was re-signed to the Practice Squad to be on the scout team. Our DB's, particularly BB, need to practice against speedy WR's. Smart move that went under the radar IMO.

Boozerguy47
10-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Someone should throw this in as the signature...

http://i.imgur.com/rieoFei.jpg

NateyB24
10-24-2013, 11:07 AM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/23/richard-sherman-seahawks-concussions-in-the-nfl/

Great article by Richard Sherman basically saying what i am thinking the players who play the sport of football should know the risks.

Thumper 88
10-24-2013, 06:24 PM
To funny lol

Baller1
10-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Someone should throw this in as the signature...

http://i.imgur.com/rieoFei.jpg

My friend sent me that last week. :laugh2:

NateyB24
10-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Good we should hate each other lol.

Labgrownmangoat
10-25-2013, 08:46 AM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/23/richard-sherman-seahawks-concussions-in-the-nfl/

Great article by Richard Sherman basically saying what i am thinking the players who play the sport of football should know the risks.

And now that the league has stopped lying to them about the long-term risks of concussions, they actually have a chance to do that.

House
10-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Interesting move...
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2837/jared-allen

RadconRob
10-29-2013, 01:41 PM
You think Caroll REALLY wants to get pressure on the QB.

Baller1
10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
I mean.. I'd never complain about adding a player like Jared Allen to the team, but pass rush isn't the problem. We need offensive help.

House
10-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I find it to be interesting... I can't see there being enough reps for Allen, Clemons, Bennett, Avril and Bryant. The one beauty of finding DE help is a vet like Allen is a plug-n-play, go get the QB.

The OL concerns are weeks away from remedy. The issue with a ZBS is finding personnel to match the scheme, learn the playbook and then mesh with the other guys... Bowie is learning trial by fire and McQuistan has shown that there is NO replacement for Okung, clearly showing how important a FRANCHISE LT is.

House
10-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Contradicting report
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/29/glazer-seahawks-not-pursuing-jared-allen/

Seattle4Ever
10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Even if we are, we're just jacking up the price.

Spartan8585
10-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Even if we are, we're just jacking up the price.

I just hope he doesn't go to SF..

Seattle4Ever
10-29-2013, 05:55 PM
$8.5M non-guaranteed base contract next year, so he pretty likely will not be back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/29/seahawks-lose-sidney-rice-to-torn-acl/

Baller1
10-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Yup, he's done in Seattle. I like Sid, but he's not even worth half that salary.

House
10-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the handful of catches

Seattle4Ever
10-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Yup, he's done in Seattle. I like Sid, but he's not even worth half that salary.

His performance may not have lived up to the salary, but he's had a bigger impact that most give him credit for.

Thumper 88
10-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Ouch

TeamSeattle
10-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the win against the Patriots Sidney.

I'm sad to see him go down but he's nowhere near 8.5 million a year.

alexander_37
10-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Yes he has had a great impact, but he is more than done.

Vinny642
10-30-2013, 05:05 AM
Its been a ride, lets say we win the SB, does he still get credited for it? I assume so

Thumper 88
10-30-2013, 10:01 AM
He will get a ring if we win

Ian.
10-30-2013, 11:13 AM
You guys think Kearse can step up and bring similar production?

For being pretty inconsistent, Golden Tate has a fantastic ability to go up for balls against bigger DBs. I don't think this is a huge loss.

Seattle4Ever
10-30-2013, 01:06 PM
You guys think Kearse can step up and bring similar production?

For being pretty inconsistent, Golden Tate has a fantastic ability to go up for balls against bigger DBs. I don't think this is a huge loss.

I think so. Even if he can't, his production this year has been > Rice's with less opportunities. I wonder if Lockette gets brought up from the PS, too.

I don't think Tate's inconsistency has to do with his abilities. Not very worried about the height of our WRs, but he's a tad under 5'11.

GGGGG-Men
10-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Kinda surprised with that injury that they didn't push for a move before the deadline (Maybe Britt?). Money at the WR spot is likely tight though and not easy for a guy like Britt to learn a new system, but still. With all the upcoming contracts, it should be win-now mode.

Wonder if they accelerate Harvin's return now. Gonna be tough, b/c the success that Harvin can have in the slot is greatly increased with a big guy like Rice on the outside (and Tate opposite).

Definitely excited to see Kearse get more opportunities though.

House
10-30-2013, 04:51 PM
With Rice going to the IR today, Ricardo Lockette was activated to the 53-man roster. Leads me to believe Harvin won't play this weekend
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6826/ricardo-lockette

House
10-30-2013, 04:51 PM
With Rice going to the IR today, Ricardo Lockette was activated to the 53-man roster. Leads me to believe Harvin won't play this weekend
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6826/ricardo-lockette

Seattle4Ever
10-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Harvin's return is not going to be affected by this. He's skipping practice today to rehab.

NateyB24
10-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Holmgren said Caroll should of used a time out when there was 30 seconds on the clock in that final drive at the 2 do you agree?

I don't lets say we end up stopping them our offensive line was so horrid they probably would have given up a safety putting the Rams in great field position and all they needed was a FG to tie.

Seattle4Ever
10-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Holmgren said Caroll should of used a time out when there was 30 seconds on the clock in that final drive at the 2 do you agree?

I don't lets say we end up stopping them our offensive line was so horrid they probably would have given up a safety putting the Rams in great field position and all they needed was a FG to tie.

Carroll said the whole idea of it was to "add to the drama" and put as much pressure on Clemens as possible.

Baller1
10-30-2013, 07:06 PM
I like that he didn't call one... Simply because it worked, haha.

Baller1
10-30-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm more excited for Baldwin than anyone else... I think he'll see more opportunities now, and we all know how good he can be.

Labgrownmangoat
11-01-2013, 10:53 AM

I think it was a deliberate, if somewhat risky, move. If it contributed to the Rams' piss-poor playcalling in the last few plays, it worked.

NateyB24
11-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I like that he didn't call one... Simply because it worked, haha.

Carroll said the whole idea of it was to "add to the drama" and put as much pressure on Clemens as possible.

I think it was a deliberate, if somewhat risky, move. If it contributed to the Rams' piss-poor playcalling in the last few plays, it worked.

I agree on all these points that last play call was pretty stupid you were gashing us up the middle and you throw it lol.

Wish some of the media thought this way some of them thought it was mismanaged clock by Pete i think they thought Pete was lying when he said he lived for those moments.

TeamSeattle
11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Has there been any news on our CB/S draft pick Tharold Simon? Pete said he was close to returning but that was back in mid-October.

Seattle4Ever
11-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Wow. Sad.

Seattle4Ever
11-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Please sign Barden.

Baller1
11-05-2013, 08:24 PM

Wow. Sad.

Wow that's crazy. Good luck to him.

Labgrownmangoat
11-06-2013, 10:06 AM
The New York Giants have allowed seven punt returns of 15 or more yards this season.

The Seattle Seahawks have allowed 15 punt return yards, total, all year.

Source. (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/week-9-dvoa-ratings)

Seattle4Ever
11-06-2013, 12:33 PM
The New York Giants have allowed seven punt returns of 15 or more yards this season.

Source. (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/week-9-dvoa-ratings)

Jeremy Lane.

One of the best gunners I've ever seen.

Baller1
11-06-2013, 12:54 PM

That's insane. I wonder what the record is for least punt return yards ever given up in a season.

Vinny642
11-06-2013, 11:44 PM
The NFL said the refs messed the call up on Earl's INT.... obviously...

And yeah that Moffit thing is crazy, dude is a funny guy.

Seattle4Ever
11-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Baldwin is a free agent after this season. I have a terrible, terrible feeling that he won't be back. He can thrive on other teams. He'll be targeted more. He'll produce more. Make more.

House
11-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Baldwin is a free agent after this season. I have a terrible, terrible feeling that he won't be back. He can thrive on other teams. He'll be targeted more. He'll produce more. Make more.

With Baldwin having being quoted as saying "Luck will go down as the best QB of all time", I believe IND will be a big player for him. He will be a restricted FA, so we will definitely tender him and let the market set a value on him. Great, dependable guy that seems to be REAL opinionated right now

Seattle4Ever
11-10-2013, 03:52 AM
Indy went after him last year too :sigh: ****...

House
11-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Indy went after him last year too :sigh: ****...

I know... I really think he wants to be Luck's Reggie Wayne

Baller1
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't wanna lose Doug. :sigh:

Burleson81
11-11-2013, 03:06 AM
He'll be alright. He's 'Angry Doug Baldwin' for a reason.

Seattle4Ever
11-11-2013, 03:34 PM
He's a RFA. So we'll likely lock him up for around $2M (per Davis Hsu). We'll see what happens after that.

House
11-11-2013, 05:35 PM
He's a RFA. So we'll likely lock him up for around $2M (per Davis Hsu). We'll see what happens after that.

A 2nd rd tender will be about $2.08M. Let another team take a shot at him (IND) and decide whether we want him or the 2nd rd pick

House
11-11-2013, 06:28 PM
2 bits of info...

Harvin has been activated:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/11/harvin-activated-from-physically-unable-to-perform/

Browner will be out for a while:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/11/brandon-browner-could-be-out-quite-a-while/

Burleson81
11-11-2013, 06:35 PM
They cut Michael Brooks to make space. Signed him for one game only... To quote Angry Doug Baldwin, "Business."

House
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
They cut Michael Brooks to make space. Signed him for one game only... To quote Angry Doug Baldwin, "Business."

Brooks was brought in to play because we were missing Bryant and Hill.

Did anyone really see Walters on the roster when Harvin returned?

Tate
Harvin
Baldwin
Kearse
Lockette

Burleson81
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Walters is on the "shadow roster." He'll be called if someone gets injured. Like how Phil Bates is suddenly back on the Practice Squad.

Labgrownmangoat
11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I was surprised to read that rookie Alvin Bailey allowed zero pressures during the Falcons game. Wilson was under pressure only 30% of passing dropbacks, a low for the season. Getting these young guys some playing time may pay off in line depth later on. Source. (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/11/pff-reaction-blog-week-10-2/)

Seattle4Ever
11-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I always thought Bailey was better than Bowie.

Baller1
11-12-2013, 03:01 PM

:laugh: :laugh:

NateyB24
11-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews 35m
#Seahawks WR Percy Harvin said besides hip he had a tumor removed and appendectomy since last played football so return was emotional.

This would explain a lot.

Harvin is making a huge difference just with his presence even if he doesn't get the ball the Safety is moving over to help in coverage on him.

Seattle4Ever
11-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Per Adam Caplan, Seahawks worked out CB Perrish Cox and S Michael Huff late last week.

Huff had been struggling pretty badly but he's very, very good when playing at his best.

Burleson81
11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
BJ Daniels made it through waivers and was signed to the PS. Surprised the 49ers didn't want him back.

Seattle4Ever
11-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Well they released him in the first place :shrug:

NateyB24
11-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Per Adam Caplan, Seahawks worked out CB Perrish Cox and S Michael Huff late last week.

Huff had been struggling pretty badly but he's very, very good when playing at his best.

We need a safety?

Maybe i am thinking of the wrong guy but Cox was a pretty good CB for the Broncos.

Seattle4Ever
11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
We need a safety?

Maybe i am thinking of the wrong guy but Cox was a pretty good CB for the Broncos.

Huff can play S and CB.

NateyB24
11-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Huff can play S and CB.

Ahh i see thanks for the info i would rather just stick with Lane and Maxwell until Browner can come back its a moot point now though since he signed with the Broncos.

House
11-21-2013, 12:54 AM
With Browner out 4-6 weeks and Jerron Johnson battling hammy issues, another DB for depth couldn't hurt. I think Cox could fill a role mainly on ST

Burleson81
11-21-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm curious to see what Simon can do after he gets off PUP and/or what Shead can do if he gets promoted from the PS.

House
11-24-2013, 11:57 AM
DAMMIT!!! The WEED got him... Thurmond suspended 4 games. Makes a lot more sense that we hosted Huff/Cox. Lane and Maxwell will need to step up BIG!!!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/report-walter-thurmond-hit-with-four-game-substance-abuse-suspension/

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Well looks like we will get to see what Lane and Maxwell can do in the slot i think we are going to see a big drop off Maxwell and Lane are better on the outside.

Burleson81
11-24-2013, 01:58 PM
...it's likely Seattle will activate Tharold Simon or practice squad CB/S Deshawn Shead. Shead had been given a raise a few months back and has been being paid like an active roster player, so that's a good indication of how much the team likes him. It also may be an indication that they knew this Thurmond suspension was coming for some time.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2013/11/24/5140120/walter-thurmond-suspended-four-games-for-violation-of-nfl-substance

I'm really interested to see these two guys see playing time. If the Seahawks still beat the Saints without Browner and Thurmond, we're going to be scary.

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 02:26 PM
http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2013/11/24/5140120/walter-thurmond-suspended-four-games-for-violation-of-nfl-substance

I'm really interested to see these two guys see playing time. If the Seahawks still beat the Saints without Browner and Thurmond, we're going to be scary.

I bet you Payton will have Sproles in the slot just to test this and it could be scarey Lane and Maxwell are fantastic on the outside but they tend to give up to much of a cushion for my liking.

Then again Thurmond has barely played for us due to injury and we did a great job of covering for Browner during his suspension.

Burleson81
11-24-2013, 02:38 PM
The DL will need to play a monster game. They have it in them. 12th man will help with the noise and a false start or two.

House
11-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Either way, we gotta see what our depth has...
Simon: 6'2", 208lbs. Great length/speed
Shead: 6'0", 222lbs. Physical guy that hits real hard

Seattle4Ever
11-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Shead can play CB and S.

We're not going to see a big dropoff. I guarantee it.

Baller1
11-24-2013, 09:16 PM

We're going to destroy the Saints.

NateyB24
11-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Does Shead have experience? Simon isn't seeing the field as a starter he has no experience.

House
11-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Does Shead have experience? Simon isn't seeing the field as a starter he has no experience.

Shead played a bit in the preseason. I'd expect he'd play NB some behind Lane. Ideally Simon would play outside (replacement for Browner) in the long term

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 12:52 AM
I don't think Shead is a NB.

Seppuku
11-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Thurmond is a pretty *****. Blanket party for Thurmond for being a royal **** up! Who is with me? ;)

Burleson81
11-25-2013, 02:36 AM
Thurmond is a pretty *****. Blanket party for Thurmond for being a royal **** up! Who is with me? ;)

Everytime someone mentions blanket parties or soap/locks in socks, I remember the story of the recruit who was killed one class before mine in basic training.

Burleson81
11-25-2013, 02:38 AM

Interesting... I prefer testing our depth with either Shead or Simon, but this is another option I guess.

House
11-25-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't think Shead is a NB.

He's got good range and it would be similar to a 3 safety set with him in the box.

Baller1
11-25-2013, 05:00 AM
I thinking brining in Winfield is a fantastic idea.

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 05:20 AM
He's got good range and it would be similar to a 3 safety set with him in the box.

Just seems a little too big for a NB. Not sure if he's agile and shifty enough. I guess we'll see though.

I don't know about Winfield. I guess it makes sense, but once Thurmond and Browner (IR?) are back, what happens?

Baller1
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Dump him.

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Dump him.

He's not going to come back for four games. I can guarantee you that. He's after a ring.

Seppuku
11-25-2013, 05:08 PM
At what position in the organization do they stop giving rings? How far down the coaching chain do the rings go? How about players on IR? Do you have to play a down in the SB or just be on the 53 man roster? How about the practice squad? I'm mostly just wondering how Winfield would have to fit in to get that ring if it happened.

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 05:17 PM
At what position in the organization do they stop giving rings? How far down the coaching chain do the rings go? How about players on IR? Do you have to play a down in the SB or just be on the 53 man roster? How about the practice squad? I'm mostly just wondering how Winfield would have to fit in to get that ring if it happened.

Probably just finish the season on the 53 man roster and PS.

seahawks509
11-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Browner will more than likely go onto IR. There's no excuses for their actions, but even PT said right after this incident that he believes In second chances making me believe Thurmond will be back.

crzyhawk
11-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Well, Cox didn't last long.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288967/article/perrish-cox-released-by-seattle-seahawks

House
11-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Well, Cox didn't last long.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288967/article/perrish-cox-released-by-seattle-seahawks

Definitely something to do with Browner's suspension...

NateyB24
11-29-2013, 10:02 PM

I don't really see Browner winning his case if he is trying to use the defense that he shouldn't have to take drug tests while not being employed because it is written in the CBA.

Seattle4Ever
11-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Or possibly getting a confirmation (or change of decision) from Winfield. I still think he'll join us after the NO game.

NateyB24
11-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Or possibly getting a confirmation (or change of decision) from Winfield. I still think he'll join us after the NO game.

Yea he probably has to get back in shape he probably didn't keep the same workout regime when he retired.

Baller1
11-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Harvin didn't practice yesterday. Awesome.

NateyB24
11-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Harvin didn't practice yesterday. Awesome.

Pete Caroll is soft with the veterans when it comes to practicing Marshawn Lynch sits out quite a bit.

Burleson81
11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Harvin played his first game in a full calendar year and coming off of hip surgery. He's going to be day-to-day for the remainder of the season/post-season.

Baller1
11-30-2013, 04:48 PM
I think you guys are too optimistic.

Not practicing on a Friday before a game after having two weeks off is not a good sign.

Baller1
11-30-2013, 05:08 PM
@Seahawks: Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints. #NOvsSEA #MNF

FWBrodie
11-30-2013, 05:49 PM
@Seahawks: Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints. #NOvsSEA #MNF

Eff.

Seattle4Ever
11-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Not a setback, really. He's just been sore and it hasn't gone away. He's coming off a major hip surgery :shrug:

FWBrodie
11-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Marshawn Lynch leads the NFL in runs longer than ten yards with 29. Russell Wilson is in 9th with 21.

Russell Wilson is 2nd in the NFL in air yards per attempt behind Foles (yards the ball travels before being caught).

Wilson is 3rd in yards per attempt behind Foles and Rodgers.

Wilson is 5th in the NFL in passes over 25 yards.

Wilson is 6th in QB rating with a 105.1.

Wilson is one win away (21) from tying Ben Rothlisberger (22) for the most wins in a QB's first two seasons.

Wilson is 3rd in the NFL in passing TD% behind Foles and Manning and ahead of Brees.

Wilson is 6th in the NFL in TD:INT differential at 13.

Doug Baldwin is 11th in the NFL in YPC at 16.28. Tate is 34th at 14.29.

Baldwin is 7th in catches longer that 25 yards with 10, Tate is 13th with 8.

Luke Willson is 2nd in YAC among players with 10 or more catches.

Lynch is 2nd in rushing TD's with 9.

Wilson is 2nd in yards per carry (5.7).

Lynch is 2nd in scoring among non kickers.

Sherman is 2nd in interception yards.

Avril is 5th in forced fumbles (3).

FWBrodie
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
The Seahawks are 2nd in scoring (27.8). They are also 2nd in points allowed (16.3).

2nd in yards allowed 293.3

2nd in pass yards allowed 180.4

3rd in rushing yards per game 147.9

3rd in turnover differential

1st in takeaways 26

Least dropped passes in the NFL (10).

Most interceptions in the NFL (16).

3rd in fumbles recovered (defense, 10).

Allowed the fewest yards after catch in the NFL.