PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual PSD Player Rankings #2 Player In The NBA? (Volume: VI)

Mile High Champ
09-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

In terms of adding players to the poll, it will be done like this.

As soon as Chris Paul goes off the board, I will add other PG's.
As soon as James Harden goes off the board, I will add other SG's
As soon as Kevin Love goes off the board, I will add other PF's.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list. One of the goals of these polls is to maintain some continuity between the polls we completed to the final player poll we are currently voting.

2013 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

2012 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Dwight Howard
4) Chris Paul
5) Kobe Bryant
6) Dwyane Wade
7) Kevin Love
8) Derrick Rose
9) Dirk Nowitzki
10) Russell Westbrook
11) Carmelo Anthony
12) Deron Williams
13) Andrew Bynum
14) Rajon Rondo
15) Tony Parker & Kevin Garnett

2011 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Kobe Bryant
7) Kevin Durant
8) Derrick Rose
9) Deron Williams
10) Carmelo Anthony

2010 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Dirk Nowitzki
9) Deron Williams
10) Tim Duncan - Pau Gasol Tie

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

Mile High Champ
09-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Now the fun begins.

Chronz
09-24-2013, 07:29 PM
INB4 the *****ing about the poll selections, lack of logic/reading comprehension.

tredigs
09-24-2013, 07:40 PM
^ I do wish we started at #1 to get a fun discussion on what it will take certain players to get to the top slot and where their games are at in relation to Bron. Not a big fan of skipping slots in general.

For example, WinsProduced having Lebron slotted in between Cp3 and Durant, with all 3 well ahead of the rest (who had a min 2500 minutes played). Why is that?

Anyway, I'll go KD here. But Cp3 has a case.

Allphakenny1
09-24-2013, 07:48 PM
How high are we going this year? I think last year we went up to 15. I think a top 20 would be fun.

Chronz
09-24-2013, 08:06 PM
^ I do wish we started at #1 to get a fun discussion on what it will take certain players to get to the top slot and where their games are at in relation to Bron. Not a big fan of skipping slots in general.

For example, WinsProduced having Lebron slotted in between Cp3 and Durant, with all 3 well ahead of the rest (who had a min 2500 minutes played). Why is that?

Anyway, I'll go KD here. But Cp3 has a case.

Well you can still bring it up in whatever thread but really, we should prolly just skip to number 3.

The system does force people into voting for players they wouldn't necessarily vote for, but for the sake of getting the player they want on board already. Like if you were to think Wade was the 2nd best player in the game and Kobe totally unworthy of a top ranking, you would still vote Kobe ahead of MANY players just to get your guy on board.

Or you can be the kind of guy that just votes on who they feel is the best available.....

As for WP, do you mean raw or per minute? Either way he comes in 2nd but its due to its value on efficiency and rebounding. You already know where I stand on the rebounding front but its emphasis on efficiency is more profound and since its not a fan of shot creation in the slightest, its going to value CP3's conservative shot selection and ball handling perfection. Subjectively, I think the fact that CP3 plays less mpg and takes his time coming back from injury boost his numbers somewhat.

sunsfan88
09-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Durant. The top 3 are pretty much locked in, LeBron, Durant, CP3. If you are going to skip #1, might as well skip top 3.

tredigs
09-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Well you can still bring it up in whatever thread but really, we should prolly just skip to number 3.

The system does force people into voting for players they wouldn't necessarily vote for, but for the sake of getting the player they want on board already. Like if you were to think Wade was the 2nd best player in the game and Kobe totally unworthy of a top ranking, you would still vote Kobe ahead of MANY players just to get your guy on board.

Or you can be the kind of guy that just votes on who they feel is the best available.....

As for WP, do you mean raw or per minute? Either way he comes in 2nd but its due to its value on efficiency and rebounding. You already know where I stand on the rebounding front but its emphasis on efficiency is more profound and since its not a fan of shot creation in the slightest, its going to value CP3's conservative shot selection and ball handling perfection. Subjectively, I think the fact that CP3 plays less mpg and takes his time coming back from injury boost his numbers somewhat.

I was talking about either as far as WP, and Berri does focus on rebounding + Efficiency for sure (see: Reggie Evans), but I do legitimately think Cp3 belongs in the conversation as the best overall player - at least offensively. We've definitely seen him play whole seasons on high minutes + usage and maintain that efficiency, but it's possible he isn't quite that player anymore. And he could probably stand to be in a bit better shape.

Regardless, yeah, looks like this vote is over before it started. On to 4 then while we're at it? Maybe Cp3 and Harden will be interesting.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Harden at #4 Tre? gross

I might be missing your post, but no way

tredigs
09-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Harden at #4 Tre? gross

I might be missing your post, but no way

Well I guess the argument would be Harden at 3 based on how it's set up (you won't find me making his case). Haha. But shoot, who takes 4 from Harden? Did Westbrook go 2nd in PGs, meaning he'd fill Cp3's slot? Can't be Wade or Kobe in this setup. I'm the one who thinks Curry is as good as Harden, but it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

JasonJohnHorn
09-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Yeah... Durant is a lock for #2. We might as well have started with #3 this year. lol

Kashmir13579
09-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Gimme CP3.

Meaze_Gibson
09-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Its so hard because both had excellent regular seasons but when playoffs ended i felt both kd and cp couldve done more. Imma go head and go with KD though.

Chronz
09-24-2013, 11:38 PM

I was talking about either as far as WP, and Berri does focus on rebounding + Efficiency for sure (see: Reggie Evans), but I do legitimately think Cp3 belongs in the conversation as the best overall player - at least offensively. We've definitely seen him play whole seasons on high minutes + usage and maintain that efficiency, but it's possible he isn't quite that player anymore. And he could probably stand to be in a bit better shape.

Regardless, yeah, looks like this vote is over before it started. On to 4 then while we're at it? Maybe Cp3 and Harden will be interesting.
CP3 ranks in the top 3 by just about every metric regardless of its value, whenever that many systems agree, you have to have a case.

b@llhog24
09-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Paul.

b@llhog24
09-25-2013, 12:03 AM
How high are we going this year? I think last year we went up to 15. I think a top 20 would be fun.

Only went to 15 cause of the lockout. Normally just stops at 10.

Yeah... Durant is a lock for #2. We might as well have started with #3 this year. lol

If KDs a lock at 2 then we'd be better off starting at 4.

Ebbs
09-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Durant no hesitation.

I know the rules. But I'm not Na´ve can I have Howard on the poll since I think he's better than grandpa Duncan and last year was the exception not the rule.

mrblisterdundee
09-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Chris Paul's close, but it's clearly Kevin Durant, who's going to keep getting better. He just needs to add some bulk.

Bruno
09-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Nice to see Durant in a land slide for #2.

Bruno
09-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Durant no hesitation.

I know the rules. But I'm not Na´ve can I have Howard on the poll since I think he's better than grandpa Duncan and last year was the exception not the rule.

i wouldn't support that. his WS/48 was garbage last season, he wasn't an impact defensive player, he got mentally dominated in the post-season and he's yet to prove that he can be the player he was in orlando post back surgery. he's gotta prove that.

grandpa duncan ran circles around him and mentally dominated him heads up, and has the better numbers and team success last season to show for it.

Minimal
09-25-2013, 05:02 PM
And with this system Bosh wont make the top 20 (if we go up to 20), where he should be, because obviously Joakim freaking Noah and Tyson Chandler are better players than him:facepalm:

TrueFan420
09-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

And so on and so on..

This is to ensure that players that won their respective positions get a higher place in the list. One of the goals of these polls is to maintain some continuity between the polls we completed to the final player poll we are currently voting.

2013 NBA Off-Season Player Rankings

1) Lebron James
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
The problem with this is you can lead the poll how you want it to be. At least have 2-3 of each position.

sunsfan88
09-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Durant, CP3, Melo, Dwight, Harden imo.

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 08:56 AM

So Melo won't be on the board until Love is gone?

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
And with this system Bosh wont make the top 20 (if we go up to 20), where he should be, because obviously Joakim freaking Noah and Tyson Chandler are better players than him:facepalm:

Yeah, it makes no sense at all.

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
So Melo won't be on the board until Love is gone?

Melo is a SF

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Melo is a SF

pf.

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2013, 10:45 AM
pf.

No he is not a PF. Just like Lebron
They play out of position, he will play a lot more SF this year

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 11:30 AM
No he is not a PF. Just like Lebron
They play out of position, he will play a lot more SF this year

Doubt it.

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Doubt it.

That's cool

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 03:43 PM
That's cool

So if we're considering Melo a SF, he should be on the board next, correct?

xxplayerxx23
09-26-2013, 04:26 PM
So if we're considering Melo a SF, he should be on the board next, correct?

He will be