PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings and rapper The Game get into altercation

spreadeagle
09-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Compton rapper Game has been busy making a positive impact in the community with his Robin Hood Project, but that doesn't mean he won't still throw down. According to HipHopHollywood, Game and NBA star Brandon Jennings got into a fight inside Lure's "Toxic" day party this weekend.

Things got "toxic" between the two after they reportedly had a disagreement over who could use the DJ's microphone. Jennings was at the party celebrating his birthday, and was apparently hogging the microphone. Game is a regular at the "Toxic" parties, and felt like the newcomer NBA star was disrespecting him.

"Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn't like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected," said a source who saw the fight. "Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth."

Security surprisingly let both parties stay, both eventually had to kick everyone out when fights started again.http://www.vladtv.com/blog/175080/game-brandon-jennings-get-into-fight-at-toxic-party/

Gators123
09-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Jennings is a clown. The only reason I don't hate having him on the Pistons is because hes an upgrade over Knight.

Rndy
09-23-2013, 11:31 PM
lol really? Because that rapper doesn't use a mic enough? How insecure is that guy? I haven't listened to a song of his since I was like 14 mostly because I can't stand rap stopped being good a long time ago in my opinion.

GunFactor187
09-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Not sure if Game, or Josh Smith...:D

UPRock
09-24-2013, 12:13 AM
lol really? Because that rapper doesn't use a mic enough? How insecure is that guy? I haven't listened to a song of his since I was like 14 mostly because I can't stand rap stopped being good a long time ago in my opinion.

Kendrick Lamar and many more, looks like someone doesn't know how to look for good music.

C-Wick925
09-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Kendrick Lamar and many more, looks like someone doesn't know how to look for good music.

Yea you.. Rap sucks these days

Rndy
09-24-2013, 12:42 AM

I respect your opinion please respect mine. I'm a 90s guy I don't enjoy rap these days once I got old enough to realize I wasn't a thug I started to get into different music. More of a Nirvana, Sublime, RHCP, Nas, Pac, BoneThugs, Do or Die, Twista, Garth Brooks and other good artists. I like all kinds of music if they are talented Music these days all around is pretty awful. Really the only guy I can listen to now is Bruno Mars because he's so talented and has an amazing Band.

I don't know how anyone can listen to some of the **** these days but everyone has different taste and I can respect that.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Lolololol.

The man is celebrating his birthday while you are there regularly. Let the man have his day.

Rndy
09-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Lolololol.

The man is celebrating his birthday while you are there regularly. Let the man have his day.

Like I said insecure much?

rex.reyesiii
09-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Uhm... there's only one microphone?

hugepatsfan
09-24-2013, 05:02 AM
I respect your opinion please respect mine. I'm a 90s guy I don't enjoy rap these days once I got old enough to realize I wasn't a thug I started to get into different music. More of a Nirvana, Sublime, RHCP, Nas, Pac, BoneThugs, Do or Die, Twista, Garth Brooks and other good artists. I like all kinds of music if they are talented Music these days all around is pretty awful. Really the only guy I can listen to now is Bruno Mars because he's so talented and has an amazing Band.

I don't know how anyone can listen to some of the **** these days but everyone has different taste and I can respect that.

There's plenty of great music in all genres still being made. If you choose not to look for it and instead fall back on the stuff you're used to then that's perfectly fine. You're entitled to you're own opinions. But to act like there isn't great music being made today is just ignorant. You claim to be a "90s guy"... well that's the same era that saw Vanilla Ice and countless boy bands sell millions of records. There's always been **** music that gets popular in every era. This one is no different. I would say more **** hip hop is out there today than in the past just because the genre has grown so much from a market share perspective so now it has more "pop" rappers. But overall there are still a ton of great rappers.

time4change
09-24-2013, 05:59 AM
There's plenty of great music in all genres still being made. If you choose not to look for it and instead fall back on the stuff you're used to then that's perfectly fine. You're entitled to you're own opinions. But to act like there isn't great music being made today is just ignorant. You claim to be a "90s guy"... well that's the same era that saw Vanilla Ice and countless boy bands sell millions of records. There's always been **** music that gets popular in every era. This one is no different. I would say more **** hip hop is out there today than in the past just because the genre has grown so much from a market share perspective so now it has more "pop" rappers. But overall there are still a ton of great rappers.

Thank you.

I can agree to an extent with the other poster, rap isn't what it used to be but that doesn't make it all bad.

I would argue there are a lot of good rappers now who do a lot of different things.

BlinkManJan02
09-24-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm not a fan of Jennings cause of his attitude but I agree with Raps08-09. Let him have fun on stage.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Not sure if Game, or Josh Smith...:D

Haha nice one.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumblr_lowc6qkb7W1qk4a0ho1_500.jpg

D-Leethal
09-24-2013, 09:45 AM

The good hip hop nowadays still doesn't hold a candle to the hip hop of yesteryear. You can like it all you want, and I like some of the new **** too, but its still far and away exponentially worse than the golden era of the late 80s to mid-late 90s. The best **** out nowadays would barely even get recognized as decent back then.

C_Mund
09-24-2013, 11:07 AM
The good hip hop nowadays still doesn't hold a candle to the hip hop of yesteryear. You can like it all you want, and I like some of the new **** too, but its still far and away exponentially worse than the golden era of the late 80s to mid-late 90s. The best **** out nowadays would barely even get recognized as decent back then.

like some people said, there's a lot out there that you just have to look for. Tons of the guys from the latter end of the "golden era" are still doing music with lots of more.... I hate the term "underground".... I guess more "Independent" artists. There's dudes like Masta Ace still putting out albums (been around since the 80's), guys like De La that still work with LOTS of new cats, The Roots still making bangers.... then there's guys like Oddisee that artists of all era's are clamoring to work with. It surprises me that these guys who were part of hip hop's blow-up can see the talent that's still around but it's somehow not good enough for the people who still bang Illmatic like it's the only album ever.

I love having music talks but people who just say that "music sucks nowadays" are the worst. Sure, the stuff that labels get a hold of and promote the **** out of is terrible, but having to actually surf through a cd store or itunes for something different is like pulling teeth for some.

edit: I know that came out super harsh I don't mean for it to. I'd still much rather kick it with somebody that listens to early hip hop than any kind of wheezy or jeezy or lil' anything

LeperMessiah
09-24-2013, 12:12 PM

Cool, only that isn't really relevant today since most of that is near or over 20 years ago.

LeperMessiah
09-24-2013, 12:14 PM
like some people said, there's a lot out there that you just have to look for. Tons of the guys from the latter end of the "golden era" are still doing music with lots of more.... I hate the term "underground".... I guess more "Independent" artists. There's dudes like Masta Ace still putting out albums (been around since the 80's), guys like De La that still work with LOTS of new cats, The Roots still making bangers.... then there's guys like Oddisee that artists of all era's are clamoring to work with. It surprises me that these guys who were part of hip hop's blow-up can see the talent that's still around but it's somehow not good enough for the people who still bang Illmatic like it's the only album ever.

I love having music talks but people who just say that "music sucks nowadays" are the worst. Sure, the stuff that labels get a hold of and promote the **** out of is terrible, but having to actually surf through a cd store or itunes for something different is like pulling teeth for some.

edit: I know that came out super harsh I don't mean for it to. I'd still much rather kick it with somebody that listens to early hip hop than any kind of wheezy or jeezy or lil' anything

Personally, I enjoyed It Was Written way more.

Na man these music hipsters need to wake the hell up or just keep quiet.

jakedajewler
09-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Rap today sucks and people who think Kenny Lemar is god are hilarous, dude had lady gaga on a hook

C_Mund
09-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Rap today sucks and people who think Kenny Lemar is god are hilarous, dude had lady gaga on a hook

Just out of curiosity, who else do you think sucks? Like there's 0 current rap artists that you enjoy?

pacofunk64
09-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I agree rap sucks...I'm an OG...so I like the 90's with Pac & Biggie. But to be honest it's probably not because rap music itself sucks but more to the fact that I've grown up and matured as an adult. Once I was 22 and realized I was a loser I dropped the rap game. I still listen to old school stuff all the time though.

LeperMessiah
09-24-2013, 01:40 PM

I agree rap sucks...I'm an OG...so I like the 90's with Pac & Biggie. But to be honest it's probably not because rap music itself sucks but more to the fact that I've grown up and matured as an adult. Once I was 22 and realized I was a loser I dropped the rap game. I still listen to old school stuff all the time though.

You fellas are just oozing with originality, please share more about this new insight nobody else in the world has- at all.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2013, 01:52 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?410-Music

^^ There's the music forum fellas, enjoy!

Nycbball08
09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Didn't someone slapped him recently at a pick up basketball game??

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Didn't someone slapped him recently at a pick up basketball game??

Yup. Poor dude always getting slapped around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1jOpxyKWqw

DreamShaker
09-24-2013, 02:16 PM

Amen, sir. There is some good new stuff, but the era you mentioned is the undisputed heyday. That is true for about every genre, actually. I try to keep an open mind, though. Good is good.

DreamShaker
09-24-2013, 02:24 PM

You fellas are just oozing with originality, please share more about this new insight nobody else in the world has- at all.

That's not a very constructive retort.

MonroeFAN
09-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Rumor has it this story is BS.

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Game will **** Jennings skinny *** up

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2013, 05:12 PM

No, youre a BG that means a baby gangster 'Easy E'

SA5195
09-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Both are messed up.

smith&wesson
09-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Lolololol.

+1

seems pretty stupid for two grown men to fight over spewing nonesence on the mic. its a club. the ladies wanna hear music. not two drunken fools.

aman_13
09-24-2013, 05:28 PM

Well it's not like Game is a bad rapper.

Shlumpledink
09-24-2013, 05:51 PM
The game is still alive? I was unawares.

D-Leethal
09-24-2013, 06:34 PM

I said in my post I enjoy a ton of new hip hop. But just cause Masta Ace, De La Soul, Roots and the-like are still putting out music, doesn't mean it holds a candle to the **** they used to put out, and it doesn't.

And for the bold, what do you expect them to do? Stop making music? All those dudes you mentioned might have a song here or there, but with how much they have fallen off its not like they have room to hold themselves on a pedestal. Its like anything, you hit your prime, and than you get past it. They are all well past it and the young dudes in their prime right now, can't sniff the prime of those guys you mentioned. Thats my point. Just cause its out and worth giving a listen to doesn't mean its even 1/10th as good as the hip hop of yesteryear.

Chronz
09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Just so that we're all clear, Jennings is a nobody compared to Game. That doesn't make what he did right, but let it be known that if its your b-day and Game is around, you appreciate his presence.

Chronz
09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
The game is still alive? I was unawares.
You dont follow off-season basketball?

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Just so that we're all clear, Jennings is a nobody compared to Game. That doesn't make what he did right, but let it be known that if its your b-day and Game is around, you appreciate his presence.

If the Game is in your bday party, guard your grill!

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Idk who Jennings is fighting with his girl body

FlashBolt
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Game is a nobody either. Without 50, he would've, who is this guy? He's irrelevant in the rap game just as much as Jennings is in basketball.

GiantsSwaGG
09-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Game is a nobody either. Without 50, he would've, who is this guy? He's irrelevant in the rap game just as much as Jennings is in basketball.

Game got his own record label, own tv show and went platinum twice without 50

Speak facts next time

Stunner
09-24-2013, 09:06 PM

This

Stunner
09-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Well it's not like Game is a bad rapper.

Eh he isn't what he use to be . His first album was very good and 2nd was decent ; after that he's been lack luster. He covers his albums with tons of features and bites the person who he's on the track with rapping style which is a turn off . He just isn't what he use to be , it happens .

Stunner
09-24-2013, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't clearly say Jennings is a nobody , he is as well known in Cali as The Game . Outside of that Game gets a slight edge because when it comes to their profession everyone doesn't listen to rap just like everyone doesn't watch basketball .

Chronz
09-24-2013, 09:17 PM

based on wat doe?

JWorthy42
09-24-2013, 09:18 PM
The Game is a great rapper.

He is a bigger person in the music industry than Jennings is in the basketball world.

Stunner
09-24-2013, 09:24 PM

He is a bigger person in the music industry than Jennings is in the basketball world.

He's nowhere near great now lol he's ok , just because you sell a ton of albums doesn't make you great . Lil Wayne does it all the time . He's been on the decline since Carter 3

JWorthy42
09-24-2013, 09:26 PM
He's nowhere near great now lol he's ok , just because you sell a ton of albums doesn't make you great . Lil Wayne does it all the time . He's been on the decline since Carter 3

I am not talking about now, I am talking in general.

Game has a lot of great tracks on his record.

Turn Up
09-24-2013, 10:08 PM
wanna know something funny? His cousin is Jennings bodyguard

aman_13
09-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Eh he isn't what he use to be . His first album was very good and 2nd was decent ; after that he's been lack luster. He covers his albums with tons of features and bites the person who he's on the track with rapping style which is a turn off . He just isn't what he use to be , it happens .

I think he's trying to show his versatility but yeah I see where your coming from. I still like his music but wasn't a huge fan of the red album.

Stunner
09-24-2013, 10:48 PM
wanna know something funny? His cousin is Jennings bodyguard

Lmao

MrfadeawayJB
09-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I think we all knew Jennings had it coming to him

FlashBolt
09-25-2013, 01:29 AM

Speak facts next time

Show me proof where Game has went plat twice without 50? Don't tell someone to speak the facts when you're speaking garbage. Game has been irrelevant for years now. Also, Vanilla Ice has an album going 7x plat. You think he's good?

ryder78c
09-25-2013, 01:57 AM

im a huge rap hiphop head 90's groups still doing amazing ....The Roots

a amazing rapper thats not known really..... Evidence another....... Grieves, living legends,murs,San Quinn(My favorite unknow rapper),AZ(Best Rapper EVER!)

not sure what kinda rap you into but these are the real rappers who should be on the radio i know alot of rappers other people never heard of these are just some with different sounds but there all good

Some of my favorite songs and new one
San Quinn - Look What i Done
Grieves - Lightspeed
Evidence Chasing Clouds
AZ - Undeniable(the Whole CD)

ryder78c
09-25-2013, 02:00 AM

the game is a very weak rapper

Heediot
09-25-2013, 05:03 AM

Kendrick Lamar
Jay Electronica
J. Cole
Joey Bada$$
the Roots
Kanye West (he has alot of haters but the man is a true artist)
Andre 3k
Ab-Soul
MF Doom

There's a lot of garbage out there, but there is still quality you just need to look in the right places.

Heediot
09-25-2013, 05:07 AM

The song quality and artistry may have been better back when the music was more fresh and less mainstream, but the lyricism and technical skills of some of the rappers are better through the evolution of rapping/mcing.

MTar786
09-25-2013, 05:39 AM
lol hip hop is for middle school kids

GiantsSwaGG
09-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Show me proof where Game has went plat twice without 50? Don't tell someone to speak the facts when you're speaking garbage. Game has been irrelevant for years now. Also, Vanilla Ice has an album going 7x plat. You think he's good?

He's red Album went plat, and I love how you forget his has his own tv show/record label. If anything he's mention more than 50 at this point.

You're speaking hot garbage so stop before I get Game on you

GiantsSwaGG
09-25-2013, 02:23 PM
lol hip hop is for middle school kids

So who's rock for? Elementary?

blahblahyoutoo
09-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Yea you.. Rap sucks these days

rap is toxic and a big reason why ghetto culture is so pervasive in poor communities.

firebryan!!
09-25-2013, 02:49 PM
you know nothing

firebryan!!
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
hip hop is currently going through a second golden era..evry bit as good as the early stages maybe even better when you consider there are a lot more talented mcs now then there was in the 80s an 90s...not saying the rapprs today are better because that is arguable but the number of talented mcs nowadays is far greater than the 80s an 90s..alot of mainstream rap is **** though

firebryan!!
09-25-2013, 03:18 PM
hip hop is currently going through a second golden era..evry bit as good as the early stages maybe even better when you consider there are a lot more talented mcs now then there was in the 80s an 90s...not saying the rapprs today are better because that is arguable but the number of talented mcs nowadays is far greater than the 80s an 90s..alot of mainstream rap is **** though

The good hip hop nowadays still doesn't hold a candle to the hip hop of yesteryear. You can like it all you want, and I like some of the new **** too, but its still far and away exponentially worse than the golden era of the late 80s to mid-late 90s. The best **** out nowadays would barely even get recognized as decent back then.jus for fun name the top 15 rappers that put an album out in the last 5 years..

Heediot
09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
rap is toxic and a big reason why ghetto culture is so pervasive in poor communities.

The gangsta and drug rap doe influence people. Stanford endocrinologist Robert Sapolsky states that these individuals are already pre-disposed with these characteristics, TV and other sources only help to bring out those traits. Those without the pre-dispositions don't really get influenced by it.

I don't support gangster and drug rap. I know people who are real g's. but they are very low key and have no respect for people who are so showy and bait. If you do ****, keep it down low. I do agree some of the music perpetuates bad things in some neighborhoods, that's another reason I don't support the music.

Even without gangsta and drug rap, there's plenty of artistic and or positive rap out there for me.

FlashBolt
09-25-2013, 03:40 PM
He's red Album went plat, and I love how you forget his has his own tv show/record label. If anything he's mention more than 50 at this point.

You're speaking hot garbage so stop before I get Game on you

You need 1 million albums sold to hit plat, how the hell did R.E.D hit plat when it's at 200,000? Just stop replying back cause you know you're just replying for the hell of it. And what does him starting his own record label have anything to do with this? I can start my own record label too, anyone can. His record label sucks, name me someone who is worth mentioning on that label.

firebryan!!
09-25-2013, 04:38 PM

Speak facts next timegame is light years ahead of 50!! 300 bars an runnin settled that in 05!! not to mention the 4 mixed tapes of diss tracks tearing into g unit!! pretty sure he maid that whole crew irrelevant to most hip hop heads

firebryan!!
09-25-2013, 04:45 PM
I think he's trying to show his versatility but yeah I see where your coming from. I still like his music but wasn't a huge fan of the red album.
he bites peoples style for sure but usually does it better than the persons style he is biting!! better give that track with j cole an the one with bone thugs a good listen

mikekhelxD
09-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Good thing Jennings didn't try to rob The Game of his Air Max '95s.

GiantsSwaGG
09-25-2013, 05:03 PM
You need 1 million albums sold to hit plat, how the hell did R.E.D hit plat when it's at 200,000? Just stop replying back cause you know you're just replying for the hell of it. And what does him starting his own record label have anything to do with this? I can start my own record label too, anyone can. His record label sucks, name me someone who is worth mentioning on that label.

It's easy to start a record label? Plz start one now...

For the platinum argument I was wrong what I meant to say his albums lax and red record number 1&2 on billboards.

GiantsSwaGG
09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
game is light years ahead of 50!! 300 bars an runnin settled that in 05!! not to mention the 4 mixed tapes of diss tracks tearing into g unit!! pretty sure he maid that whole crew irrelevant to most hip hop heads

The Game destroyed G Unit

rjkgr
09-25-2013, 06:50 PM
how can they do this! and i think its funny

FlashBolt
09-26-2013, 12:12 AM
It's easy to start a record label? Plz start one now...

For the platinum argument I was wrong what I meant to say his albums lax and red record number 1&2 on billboards.

Starting a record label requires the ability of signing talent. Anyone can start a label.. Are you being serious? The Game starting a label is his way of trying to make more money. If I wanted, I can recruit my sister, create a label name, and officially have my own label. Would it be stupid? Yes, because I don't have the connections that Game has. His record label isn't even worth mentioning.. Who's in it again? And of course you're wrong, you just made yourself look like a fool by pretending like you know what you're talking about. As you said, speak facts.

bullishsince87
09-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Starting a record label requires the ability of signing talent. Anyone can start a label.. Are you being serious? The Game starting a label is his way of trying to make more money. If I wanted, I can recruit my sister, create a label name, and officially have my own label. Would it be stupid? Yes, because I don't have the connections that Game has. His record label isn't even worth mentioning.. Who's in it again? And of course you're wrong, you just made yourself look like a fool by pretending like you know what you're talking about. As you said, speak facts.

Actually the doctors advocate and L.A.X. both went platnium worldwide, they did not go plat in the USA, but it went plat worldwide.

Colts_4_life
09-26-2013, 05:51 PM

I'm 21, but I'm a 90s hip hop head and I feel you. Please check out Chamillionaire's new song. I loved this track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7rC4YF8ZoU

Colts_4_life
09-26-2013, 05:53 PM
The Game destroyed G Unit

Lmao sure. Both are lame tho lol. Big Krit all day. Check out any Kool G Rap & Polo albums. Classic ish right there mannnnnnnn ha. Tribe Called Quest? Jungle Brothers? Black Sheep? UGK? Big L?

GiantsSwaGG
09-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Actually the doctors advocate and L.A.X. both went platnium worldwide, they did not go plat in the USA, but it went plat worldwide.

Thank you

UPRock
09-26-2013, 06:00 PM
If you're a 90's hip hop person that doesn't means that there's 0 good rappers today, your mindset is to dislike everything that isn't 90's rap.

GiantsSwaGG
09-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Lmao sure. Both are lame tho lol. Big Krit all day. Check out any Kool G Rap & Polo albums. Classic ish right there mannnnnnnn ha. Tribe Called Quest? Jungle Brothers? Black Sheep? UGK? Big L?

Who the hell is Big Kirt?

I'm more of a ****** guy

BIG
TUPAC
METHOD MAN
WI TANG CLAN
THE LOX
ROCKAFELLA RECORDS

etc just to name a few

FlashBolt
09-26-2013, 11:08 PM

Thank you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_discography

Lmao, do you guys even understand the wide gap in USA's platinum compared to other countries? Actually, how the hell did it go worldwide when you just say it didn't go plat in the USA? That doesn't even make sense. Give me a break, you guys clearly don't know what you're talking about. Everyone would be a platinum artist if we're going by your standards. Gotta love how Giants tries to 1-up after that failed attempt in spewing "facts".

rex.reyesiii
09-27-2013, 02:01 AM
ehh.. 90's guy here too. After listening to Young MC when I was little, the only songs that have rap in them that I listened to afterwards was with bands like Rage Against the Machine and 311.