PDA

View Full Version : The Official Derrick Rose Return Thread

ramsizzle
09-22-2013, 02:52 PM
All things Rose related in this thread. Say what you want about Rose and The Bulls but he is a former MVP and this is a big moment in the NBA this year.

http://youtu.be/E-QQ7CPjbuo
Adidas "All in for Chicago"

Ebbs
09-22-2013, 03:10 PM
its good pr work

TrueFan420
09-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Bulls forum /thread

ramsizzle
09-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Bulls forum /thread

Contribute or don't post. This is a former mvp returning from missing a full season. This is nba news.

85BearsDefense
09-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Good thread, MVP returning is definitely NBA forum worthy news.

ramsizzle
09-22-2013, 03:40 PM
What is everyones realistic expectations for Rose this year? numbers wise, 22 pts - 4.5 reb - 8 asst. 47% from the field and around 37 from 3 would be AMAZING.

GiantsSwaGG
09-22-2013, 03:40 PM
So what?

Htownballa1622
09-22-2013, 03:45 PM

*former(undeserving)

85BearsDefense
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
*former(undeserving)

Undeserving. Lol. Have fun with the biggest quitter in the NBA on your squad this year. 1st round and out.

85BearsDefense
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
So what?

Way to add something to the conversation.

Htownballa1622
09-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Undeserving. Lol. Have fun with the biggest quitter in the NBA on your squad this year. 1st round and out.

lol. He'll at least suit up and play through injury. ;)

But I wasn't trying to bash D. Rose. I think the thread is a good idea. Just needed to point out what you didn't. :)

edit: I don't mean play through a torn acl. But more like come back as soon as he could.

ramsizzle
09-22-2013, 04:06 PM
lol. He'll at least suit up and play through injury. ;)

But I wasn't trying to bash D. Rose. I think the thread is a good idea. Just needed to point out what you didn't. :)

edit: I don't mean play through a torn acl. But more like come back as soon as he could.

He WON an mvp. HE DESERVED AND MVP. stop with this sad crusade against rose. His team had the best record, and he was the only guy in the top ten in scoring and assists that year. the story, plus the team success and rose's success were all the perfect storm. he earned every bit of that mvp. this thread is for him coming back from injury, if you can not contribute to that then please do not post.

Htownballa1622
09-22-2013, 04:09 PM
He WON an mvp. HE DESERVED AND MVP. stop with this sad crusade against rose. His team had the best record, and he was the only guy in the top ten in scoring and assists that year. the story, plus the team success and rose's success were all the perfect storm. he earned every bit of that mvp. this thread is for him coming back from injury, if you can not contribute to that then please do not post.

debatable.

cool.

game 1 vs. miami. Can't wait. I Hope he feels completely healthy.

ramsizzle
09-22-2013, 04:12 PM
debatable.

cool.

game 1 vs. miami. Can't wait. I Hope he feels completely healthy.

No it isn't. No matter how bad your feelings are hurt. He absolutely deserved it, did others deserve it too? sure, but they didn't win it.

His first game will be in the preseason, not game 1 against miami fyi.

Htownballa1622
09-22-2013, 04:28 PM
No it isn't. No matter how bad your feelings are hurt. He absolutely deserved it, did others deserve it too? sure, but they didn't win it.

His first game will be in the preseason, not game 1 against miami fyi.

well if you want to be subjective.cool.

His first game that'll show where he's at is game 1 against a good defensive team.

Don't be so sensitive.

THE MTL
09-22-2013, 04:36 PM
MVP numbers. He quit on his team after being cleared to play for 3 months. He better be back to his MVP..........meanwhile Jason Kidd is now part owner of the Nets, all before Drose comes back lol

85BearsDefense
09-22-2013, 05:01 PM
MVP numbers. He quit on his team after being cleared to play for 3 months. He better be back to his MVP..........meanwhile Jason Kidd is now part owner of the Nets, all before Drose comes back lol

How did he quit? Were you him? No, so shut the **** up.

TrueFan420
09-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Contribute or don't post. This is a former mvp returning from missing a full season. This is nba news.

Surprise surprise two bulls fans think this nba thread worthy

What is everyones realistic expectations for Rose this year? numbers wise, 22 pts - 4.5 reb - 8 asst. 47% from the field and around 37 from 3 would be AMAZING.

Guessing any players stats isn't nba thread worthy.

5ass
09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
i miss watching him play. I hope he's back to his normal self, he NEEDS that explosiveness.

meloman1592
09-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm excited to watch him play again...I like the guy. But to be cleared and not play was a soft move to me. He's a hell of a talent and at 70% is still a top 10 pg much less 100%. That being said, anything less than MVP #s is a fail for him

RiceOnTheRun
09-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Looking forward to his matchup against Miami on opening day. It's nut up or shut up time.

Stunner
09-22-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm glad Rose sat out honestly , didn't want him risk and return to be like Arenas . Rose has said it himself talkin is over ; it's time to play . All the jokes about is he playing need to end seeing Rose said he's playing in two weeks on the 5th . A whole month to get his feet wet again before the season will be good .

Meaze_Gibson
09-22-2013, 07:28 PM
lol people are so funny. Of Course the Bulls doctors would clear him to play. They were heading into the playoffs, ticket prices need to be set etc, they had every reason imaginable to want him to play. Being that his teammates fully supported his decision to trust his body over anything, I dont see why he gets the backlash, especially against people who havent been injured to that magnitude. His own teammates encouraged it (but i guess people will just call that a pr move)

Rose gon give you 20 a game with 8 assists 4 boards. It will take time though adjusting back to his normal elite defense that he had the year of injury. However, he should be able to normally fight over those picks and move his feet without reaching consistently around February.

NYKnickFanatic
09-22-2013, 08:00 PM
For some reason, I have a feeling he won't be ready for opening day. I hope he is though.

NYKnickFanatic
09-22-2013, 08:01 PM
How did he quit? Were you him? No, so shut the **** up.

Calm down, jeezus.

5ass
09-22-2013, 08:08 PM
lol people are so funny. Of Course the Bulls doctors would clear him to play. They were heading into the playoffs, ticket prices need to be set etc, they had every reason imaginable to want him to play. Being that his teammates fully supported his decision to trust his body over anything, I dont see why he gets the backlash, especially against people who havent been injured to that magnitude. His own teammates encouraged it (but i guess people will just call that a pr move)

Rose gon give you 20 a game with 8 assists 4 boards. It will take time though adjusting back to his normal elite defense that he had the year of injury. However, he should be able to normally fight over those picks and move his feet without reaching consistently around February.
Rose was never an elite defender.

Meaze_Gibson
09-22-2013, 08:19 PM

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/rose-dwarfs-other-improvements-with-defense/?_r=0

"According to Synergy Sports Technology, Rose has allowed just 0.77 points per possession overall on defense this season, an elite mark for any defender, regardless of position. Chris Paul (0.86 points per possession allowed), Rajon Rondo (0.83 PPP allowed), and Russell Westbrook (0.92 PPP allowed) –- all excellent defenders -– have been trumped statistically this year, and by no slim margin."

"Rose is particularly effective in defending isolation sequences, where he allows just 0.61 points per possession."

If you watch him play d though, its better than watching the article. Dude fights for everything and is comically underrated on this end..

Knick_Fever
09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
All things Rose related in this thread. Say what you want about Rose and The Bulls but he is a former MVP and this is a big moment in the NBA this year.

http://youtu.be/E-QQ7CPjbuo
Adidas "All in for Chicago"

Nice. Its about time someone created a main forum thread for this, definitely a big deal.
Cant wait for game 1 of the preseason, hope he dominates.

Tony_Starks
09-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I'll definitely be rooting for him. Would be dope to see him snag another MVP....

ChiSox219
09-22-2013, 08:30 PM

:pity:

5ass
09-22-2013, 08:57 PM
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/rose-dwarfs-other-improvements-with-defense/?_r=0

"According to Synergy Sports Technology, Rose has allowed just 0.77 points per possession overall on defense this season, an elite mark for any defender, regardless of position. Chris Paul (0.86 points per possession allowed), Rajon Rondo (0.83 PPP allowed), and Russell Westbrook (0.92 PPP allowed) –- all excellent defenders -– have been trumped statistically this year, and by no slim margin."

"Rose is particularly effective in defending isolation sequences, where he allows just 0.61 points per possession."

If you watch him play d though, its better than watching the article. Dude fights for everything and is comically underrated on this end..

The Bulls are one of the best defensive teams in the league, ofcourse his numbers are going to look good. Look, Im not saying he's not a good defender, he's just not elite. I'll give him iso defense, he's improved tremendously in that regard, but overall defense is not elite. Elite would be iggy, allen, bron, dwight, chandler, sanders, avery bradley, bledsoe, ect. Rose is easily not there yet.

5ass
09-22-2013, 08:58 PM

OK. So you think he's as good a defender as say bledsoe and bradley for example?

ewing
09-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Rose is very good he just reminds me of a young D wade in that i really don't enjoy watching him play that much

HowBoutDemBulls
09-22-2013, 09:06 PM
I can see why everyone on PSD rips on the Bulls. Why does my team have the most clueless fans in the league?

5ass
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Rose is very good he just reminds me of a young D wade in that i really don't enjoy watching him play that much

Young dwade was so fun to watch.

ewing
09-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Young dwade was so fun to watch.

if you watching super athletes careen to the basket totally out of control

Meaze_Gibson
09-22-2013, 09:52 PM
OK. So you think he's as good a defender as say bledsoe and bradley for example?

He doesn't offer the quick hands as bledsoe but I will say this...

When Bradley filled in for Rondo during the postseason and his minutes increased, his defense suffered and Rose would have been considered a better defender.

Honestly, being that pg is the most stacked position in the league, he was a top 5 defender in that position in my opinion which tells me he is an elite defender.

Meaze_Gibson
09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
if you watching super athletes careen to the basket totally out of control

or if you liked a 6'4 guard swatting shots like a big man
or if you liked to see him steal the ball on ball or in the passing lane
or if you liked seeing a player shoot effortlessly off the glass
or if you liked seeing a stepback move that was unguardable
or if you liked seeing countless crossovers, a person able to split double teams easy, and would dunk on anybody

Young DWADE was very exciting player to watch on both sides

5ass
09-22-2013, 10:10 PM

When Bradley filled in for Rondo during the postseason and his minutes increased, his defense suffered and Rose would have been considered a better defender.

Honestly, being that pg is the most stacked position in the league, he was a top 5 defender in that position in my opinion which tells me he is an elite defender.
Arguably top 5 doesnt make him elite.

ChiSox219
09-22-2013, 10:27 PM

He's better than Bledsoe, I am not familiar enough with Bradley to say. Rose's defensive development is well documented, you say the stats are misleading but what about the game tape? What do you think he struggles with that you would not put him among the best? Because I don't see much there, his excellent defense is the byproduct of excellent coaching, hard work, great athleticism, and high bbiq.

5ass
09-22-2013, 11:33 PM
He's better than Bledsoe, I am not familiar enough with Bradley to say. Rose's defensive development is well documented, you say the stats are misleading but what about the game tape? What do you think he struggles with that you would not put him among the best? Because I don't see much there, his excellent defense is the byproduct of excellent coaching, hard work, great athleticism, and high bbiq.

I dont think he "struggles" with anything in particular defensively. I just think that he's not among the best at causing turnovers, defending the post up (however rarely it happens), pick n roll, and playing the passing lanes. He's not a "pest" defensively like the elite defenders. Bledsoe IIMO is better than Rose at nearly every facet defensively. He does everything you need you're PG to do defensively and then some. We will see his impact with the Suns. Whether the increased playing time will affect his defensive impact significantly is still a question, but IMO it wont.

Note: I dont have any numbers to support my claims, usually for evaluating defense, i dont look up the numbers. I just watch game tape. As you can see this is just my opinion.

sammyvine
09-23-2013, 05:36 AM
I dont think he "struggles" with anything in particular defensively. I just think that he's not among the best at causing turnovers, defending the post up (however rarely it happens), pick n roll, and playing the passing lanes. He's not a "pest" defensively like the elite defenders. Bledsoe IIMO is better than Rose at nearly every facet defensively. He does everything you need you're PG to do defensively and then some. We will see his impact with the Suns. Whether the increased playing time will affect his defensive impact significantly is still a question, but IMO it wont.

Note: I dont have any numbers to support my claims, usually for evaluating defense, i dont look up the numbers. I just watch game tape. As you can see this is just my opinion.
He may be but ask GM's who they would want...Derrick Rose or Eric Bledsoe as their franchise player lol. Most would probably laugh.

ewing
09-23-2013, 08:53 AM

He was out of control more often then not and left his feet with no plan other then to force the officials hand more then any player I've ever seen. Sorry, i didn't find it entertaining.

MonroeFAN
09-23-2013, 09:27 AM
who cares?

ATX
09-23-2013, 09:32 AM
It'll be great to see D Rose back out there. I'm sure his fans are psyched for the upcoming season. The top of the East is going to be tough with Miami, Indiana, Chicago, and Brooklyn.

beasted86
09-23-2013, 11:34 AM

When did an arbitrary qualification like top 10 in points and assists start winning you MVP? He was exactly 10th at that.

I'm not a Rose MVP detractor, I realistically can care less about MVP because I feel for the most part there are a ton of unqualified and biased members voting for the award. Like seriously the guy who voted Carmelo last year over LeBron?... c'mon, son.

But with that said, everyone with plain logic can see the real reason the award didn't go to LeBron that year, and it had nothing to do with on the floor impact. Rose won 1 player of the month, and 2 players of the week. Both less than LeBron and Howard. You compare Rose' stats to both of those players and it is clear as day he was below both of them. You compare their impact on the defensive end to Rose' lack there of, and it almost becomes laughable. And I didn't even get in to West candidates.

At the end of the day, the same thing they basically penalized LeBron for is the same thing that applies to Rose. They detracted from LeBron because they felt he had all-star teammates and the HEAT would have been an easy playoff team even without him. But when you look at the fact that the Bulls have had Deng, Noah with all-stars , they scooped up the #1 seed without Rose and others for a large number of games in 2011/12, and then followed it up by making a 5th seed and going to the 2nd round without him playing 1 single second, its clear that he shouldn't get remotely close to the amount of credit for his team being the #1 seed over the 2nd seed HEAT... that minor standings difference means little to me and most others.

Like I said, I am fine with Rose winning that MVP because he was a realistic candidate. But Bulls fans pretending like the criticism isn't well founded are fooling themselves.

d00d
09-23-2013, 11:39 AM
cant stand to see this ******* face

Cool007
09-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Can't wait for D-Rose's very first game return against the defending champs, Miami Heat.

Can we please stop debating if he deserved MVP or not and last year stuff please? That is over with and no point in beating the dead horse.

This thread is about the new upcoming season and Rose returning is a big story for the NBA (among other things). Many probably already have forgotten how great he was. Even many Bulls fans took it for granted but now they will enjoy him a lot more for sure.

As far as what I expect from him this year? I think after getting/hearing a lot of criticims, he is going to go out there to prove himself all over again. Call me crazy but I think he will have a better season than his MVP year and might even win it again this coming season if Bulls are #1 in the East/NBA.

bearadonisdna
09-23-2013, 09:29 PM
When did an arbitrary qualification like top 10 in points and assists start winning you MVP? He was exactly 10th at that.

I'm not a Rose MVP detractor, I realistically can care less about MVP because I feel for the most part there are a ton of unqualified and biased members voting for the award. Like seriously the guy who voted Carmelo last year over LeBron?... c'mon, son.

But with that said, everyone with plain logic can see the real reason the award didn't go to LeBron that year, and it had nothing to do with on the floor impact. Rose won 1 player of the month, and 2 players of the week. Both less than LeBron and Howard. You compare Rose' stats to both of those players and it is clear as day he was below both of them. You compare their impact on the defensive end to Rose' lack there of, and it almost becomes laughable. And I didn't even get in to West candidates.

At the end of the day, the same thing they basically penalized LeBron for is the same thing that applies to Rose. They detracted from LeBron because they felt he had all-star teammates and the HEAT would have been an easy playoff team even without him. But when you look at the fact that the Bulls have had Deng, Noah with all-stars , they scooped up the #1 seed without Rose and others for a large number of games in 2011/12, and then followed it up by making a 5th seed and going to the 2nd round without him playing 1 single second, its clear that he shouldn't get remotely close to the amount of credit for his team being the #1 seed over the 2nd seed HEAT... that minor standings difference means little to me and most others.

Like I said, I am fine with Rose winning that MVP because he was a realistic candidate. But Bulls fans pretending like the criticism isn't well founded are fooling themselves.

Dawg, wat doesnt show up int he statline is the heat going 0-3 to an mvp candidate with no allstars.

monty77
09-24-2013, 05:24 AM
I can't stand to see him playing as a Bulls again. There are a lot of questions to answer, and it take a while to find out if he is the same player or has changed a lot his own basket style. And if it is the case, it will be interesting ascertain if he remain as a elite player anyway.

There are two certain things: he is slower but he is stronger. There are other aspects we can guess: he is better shooter, his knowledge about the game has improved (it includes his defense) but his self-confidence and game rhythm has decreased.

It turn out that he is a hard worker, so I have no doubt he has done a great rehabilitation work and he will be in a perfect state during the whole season. He has strengthen every parts of his body and the unique that will take longer will be recover his mentality.

He will be surrounded by player who can score reliably, such as Boozer or Deng. And he has a great defender near him such as Butler and Noah. Consequently, the Bulls not always need him playing 100 per cent in both sides of the court to win games and he won't suffer this kind of pressure.

I suppose his number will increase according as the season goes by. I expect he will reach a decent numbers in the end of the season, about 35 mpg; 18 ppg; 8 assists per game, and 5 reb. But there is no doubt he will be more outstanding during the playoffs than during the regular season. I am sure that his basketball style will be better because he will be able to score in many different ways. I expect a more unpredictable player next year, with more resources.

sammyvine
09-24-2013, 05:58 AM
I can't stand to see him playing as a Bulls again. There are a lot of questions to answer, and it take a while to find out if he is the same player or has changed a lot his own basket style. And if it is the case, it will be interesting ascertain if he remain as a elite player anyway.

There are two certain things: he is slower but he is stronger. There are other aspects we can guess: he is better shooter, his knowledge about the game has improved (it includes his defense) but his self-confidence and game rhythm has decreased.

It turn out that he is a hard worker, so I have no doubt he has done a great rehabilitation work and he will be in a perfect state during the whole season. He has strengthen every parts of his body and the unique that will take longer will be recover his mentality.

He will be surrounded by player who can score reliably, such as Boozer or Deng. And he has a great defender near him such as Butler and Noah. Consequently, the Bulls not always need him playing 100 per cent in both sides of the court to win games and he won't suffer this kind of pressure.

I suppose his number will increase according as the season goes by. I expect he will reach a decent numbers in the end of the season, about 35 mpg; 18 ppg; 8 assists per game, and 5 reb. But there is no doubt he will be more outstanding during the playoffs than during the regular season. I am sure that his basketball style will be better because he will be able to score in many different ways. I expect a more unpredictable player next year, with more resources.

eh he took a year out, he didnt commit murder. lol

ddt
09-24-2013, 06:14 AM
It would be an incredible story to tell-from a severe ACL injury to being a champion but I doubt that it will happen, maybe in the near future. I would love to see D-Rose being back to the way he was before but seeing how ACL injuries can alter a career I think he's got only up to 90% back on those legs. And I don't think that resting for a whole season really did anything special to his treatment. Just my opinion though.

FOR DAILY FANTASY FANS. HIT US UP.
www.dailydreamteam.com

Rndy
09-25-2013, 12:35 AM

You actually had some solid points until you brought up Roses defense or lack there of as you said. the fact that you're not aware of his synergy defensive stats means you really shouldn't be bringing a player down you obviously know little about just my thought. He deserved the MVP so did Lebron and Howard. He won it because what he did that season without either Noah or Boozer for majority of that season.

Did nobody else deserve MVPs in the 90's because Jordan was the GOAT? It's not the best player award it's the most valuable player which seems to mean who is most important to his team. At that time Lebron wasn't as important to his team as Howard and Rose were their teams. Because without Rose and Howard there is a chance those two team don't make the playoffs. Boozer and Noah each missed around 50 games at different times if they didn't have Rose and having Keith Bogans as your starting SG there is a chance that team doesn't make the playoffs.

Comparing the Bulls team when Rose won the MVP to the team the next two years is one again you not doing your homework. You're looking at a team that was without their front court players for a majority of the seasons a team with a new system new coach and well Keith Bogans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you're going to bring down a player at least do your home work. I've never gotten upset over people who thought Lebron or Howard should have won it because they had legit arguments to win it.

FlashBolt
09-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Laughable. Rose is a huge mockery of NBA and athletes worldwide. When Rose returns, he'll do what he does best. He'll have his team beat Miami up good thanks to Deng, Noah, Gibson, Boozer, and now Butler for around 40-45 minutes. Before you know it, Rose will start missing shots and turning the ball over. Sorry, every time LJ wants, he shuts down Rose. When it matters, he will be shut down. Rose isn't a top 5 player. I'm not convinced he's much better than RWB, who is legitimately the closest thing to Rose. Sorry, I'll be waiting for him to make more excuses this year. I was shocked some people regard him as the 2nd best and only reason why James is a champion. What has Rose done so far in his career that has established himself as a great player? He's a mediocre defender, horrible perimeter shooting, and relies strictly on his team making defensive stops when he has a bad game.

bearadonisdna
09-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Laughable. Rose is a huge mockery of NBA and athletes worldwide. When Rose returns, he'll do what he does best. He'll have his team beat Miami up good thanks to Deng, Noah, Gibson, Boozer, and now Butler for around 40-45 minutes. Before you know it, Rose will start missing shots and turning the ball over. Sorry, every time LJ wants, he shuts down Rose. When it matters, he will be shut down. Rose isn't a top 5 player. I'm not convinced he's much better than RWB, who is legitimately the closest thing to Rose. Sorry, I'll be waiting for him to make more excuses this year. I was shocked some people regard him as the 2nd best and only reason why James is a champion. What has Rose done so far in his career that has established himself as a great player? He's a mediocre defender, horrible perimeter shooting, and relies strictly on his team making defensive stops when he has a bad game.

U dont get the number one seed without having any allstars and not be a great player. LBJ did that and he was considered better than Jordan. lol
And u are hating on Rose for playing bad when lebron got on him, u know who else that happend to? Yea the guy on ur avatar. Wats his excuse? Anyways ur post is so off its not even funny. Rose is one of the most well rounded players in the nba because of his defense and offense. People like u wanna call him a mediocre defender but he has put up great defensive performances vs the best players at his position.

bearadonisdna
09-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Sorry, every time LJ wants, he shuts down Rose. When it matters, he will be shut down. \

Rose sure did put up 23 ppg in that ECF so u guys use the shut down word kinda liberally. And just because lbj can do something that doesnt translate to everyone else. Like many people were saying after the ECF the bulls were exposed now we got a gameplan, guess what just cuz u seen it dont mean u can execute it and we saw the bulls roll to the 1 seed after that.

And if drose is a mockery because of what he can do on the court, i hate to think of what other players widely considered lesser than him are viewed as, which in todays era is a majority of the league.

FlashBolt
09-25-2013, 03:19 AM

U dont get the number one seed without having any allstars and not be a great player. LBJ did that and he was considered better than Jordan. lol
And u are hating on Rose for playing bad when lebron got on him, u know who else that happend to? Yea the guy on ur avatar. Wats his excuse? Anyways ur post is so off its not even funny. Rose is one of the most well rounded players in the nba because of his defense and offense. People like u wanna call him a mediocre defender but he has put up great defensive performances vs the best players at his position.

Rose is one of the most well rounded players? In exactly which aspect of the game? Maybe his short retirement caused you to forget what he was actually good at. Rose shot 35% in the ECF against Miami. Specifically when James was guarding him, he shot 25%. Durant scored 30 over 53% shooting. Actually, just take a look for yourself.

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplay-indexXXpgl_finder.cgiQQrequest=1ZZmatch=gameZZis_p layoffs=YZZis_mobile=1ZZorder_by=fg_pctZZplayer=ro sede01ZZyear=2011

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplay-indexXXpgl_finder.cgiQQrequest=1ZZmatch=gameZZis_p layoffs=YZZis_mobile=1ZZorder_by=fg_pctZZplayer=du ranke01ZZyear=2012

Rose has no jumpshot. He isn't a good three point shooter. He is mentally weak, often taking criticism and leading to bad performances in the fourth quarter. He's made plenty of excuses, even allowing his brother to publicly state that Rose needed more help after Bulls managed to maintain the #1 seed even with Rose missing nearly 25 games. His impact is often overrated. Fact is, Rose is far from an elite player. What has Rose done that warrants a top 5, let alone top 10. Elite players are James, CP3, Bryant, Wade, Durant, Howard, and Parker. They are proven players who become better in the playoffs. Rose is a great player and would fit right in with Harden, RWB, Stephen Curry, Paul George, Kyrie Irving, etc,.

bearadonisdna
09-25-2013, 03:49 AM
Derrick roses whole career in one playoff series. Thats what i sounds like to me. He is dominant.
Goodness the assessment is so remedial , u consider maintaining the number 1 seed as an indictment of his value but knowingly his team without him and a 1game lead couldnt get past an 8th seed.....

bearadonisdna
09-25-2013, 04:13 AM
I cant beleive its 2013 and people still wanna debate something that is not debatable from 2011.

FlashBolt
09-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Derrick roses whole career in one playoff series. Thats what i sounds like to me. He is dominant.
Goodness the assessment is so remedial , u consider maintaining the number 1 seed as an indictment of his value but knowingly his team without him and a 1game lead couldnt get past an 8th seed.....

Dominant to what extent? Shaq and James dominant? And you state that playoffs isn't everything, so you're meaning to tell me that Bulls 3-0 in the regular season against Miami is much more impressive than Miami's 4-1 in the playoffs? Also, you're only using that excuse because you can't defend Rose from that atrocious series by your MVP and "dominating" force also known as Rose. You specifically stated that Rose averaged 23 ppg in the ECF. If playoffs isn't everything, why did you feel the need to mention it? I don't know what you mean by those last few statements. Is there a message you're trying to impose? As a matter of fact, compare Rose's regular seasons to CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Parker, Wade, Kobe, James, and Howard. Open up as many tabs as you can and place them side by side. Honestly, scan through each player and compare them with Rose. How many great seasons does Rose really have? 1. All those other players asides from RWB and maybe Howard, give or take, have had great seasons for 90% of their career. Your supposedly great Rose has just one, he belongs with RWB. I'm not convinced Rose is even much better than RWB. But, I'll just wait for you to realize the next 82 games for Rose.

bearadonisdna
09-25-2013, 04:42 AM
Dominant to what extent? Shaq and James dominant? And you state that playoffs isn't everything, so you're meaning to tell me that Bulls 3-0 in the regular season against Miami is much more impressive than Miami's 4-1 in the playoffs? Also, you're only using that excuse because you can't defend Rose from that atrocious series by your MVP and "dominating" force also known as Rose. You specifically stated that Rose averaged 23 ppg in the ECF. If playoffs isn't everything, why did you feel the need to mention it? I don't know what you mean by those last few statements. Is there a message you're trying to impose? As a matter of fact, compare Rose's regular seasons to CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Parker, Wade, Kobe, James, and Howard. Open up as many tabs as you can and place them side by side. Honestly, scan through each player and compare them with Rose. How many great seasons does Rose really have? 1. All those other players asides from RWB and maybe Howard, give or take, have had great seasons for 90% of their career. Your supposedly great Rose has just one, he belongs with RWB. I'm not convinced Rose is even much better than RWB. But, I'll just wait for you to realize the next 82 games for Rose.

Who said the playoffs arent everything? Ur the one who mentioned his playoff series. Guys like u act like they just give away MVPS. Every guy who has won an mvp is all nba 1st team talent. Usually more than just his mvp year. Talk trash about iverson and Nash all u want they were all nba 1st teamers in years they werent the mvp. And then people try to say they werent elite wtf? Serious case of denial and lack of respect for your fellow posters trying push some illogical fantasy rhetoric.

Rndy
09-25-2013, 08:36 AM
more like Flashhate AMIRITE?

Goose17
09-25-2013, 09:46 AM
I find it funny how short some peoples memories are.

If Rose comes back as good as he was before and everyone stays healthy, the Bulls will be in the (conference) finals this year.

And if he is back to the same level and continues to elevate his game, he will undoubtedly win a championship, or three.

He's only 24. He has the next ten years to build a legacy.

JoeBlessU
09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
What if he tore it again first game back?...

PurpleLynch
09-25-2013, 06:39 PM
What if he tore it again first game back?...

Man,you are the definition of bad luck.:)

Rndy
09-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I find it funny how short some peoples memories are.

If Rose comes back as good as he was before and everyone stays healthy, the Bulls will be in the (conference) finals this year.

And if he is back to the same level and continues to elevate his game, he will undoubtedly win a championship, or three.

He's only 24. He has the next ten years to build a legacy.

There is no room for valid arguments here this is the NBA forum Rose sucks.

Cool007
09-25-2013, 10:06 PM
For those raving about LeBron's and Heat's defense against Rose and how Rose sucked etc.

Well here is what I want to remind you/tell you. You guys are probably either too young to remember or totally forgot but the best player in the game today had his WORST series vs Spurs and was pretty damn pathetic as a best player on the team.

If LeBron who is considered the best player in the NBA and is being compared to the GOAT and if he had a pretty pathetic series then Rose can have 1 too.

It's how he responds and gets better is what we want to see. He never got another chance so far last 2 years and LeBron got his rings last 2 years.

I would like you guys to reserve your judgements until you see how he plays in the playoffs and especially vs Heat this year in the playoffs and then come back to talk.

He does deserve atleast 1 more chance.

Welcome back D-Rose!!! You were dearly missed.

FlashBolt
09-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Way too many Chi/Rose fans. Rose is not in the same sentence as CP/Durant/Wade/LeBron. He's in Harden's company.

85BearsDefense
09-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Way too many Chi/Rose fans. Rose is not in the same sentence as CP/Durant/Wade/LeBron. He's in Harden's company.

Wade lolol

Rndy
09-26-2013, 01:42 AM

K we'll see I think Rose was on to a better year in 2011 b4 getting hurt. His passing was very much improved he's already one of the best defensive point guards. If he comes back healthy He's going to be in that group. He should have a legit jump shot this time around.

KG2TB
09-26-2013, 01:48 AM
K we'll see I think Rose was on to a better year in 2011 b4 getting hurt. His passing was very much improved he's already one of the best defensive point guards. If he comes back healthy He's going to be in that group. He should have a legit jump shot this time around.

Dude..stay out of the NBA forum...you're a vet...keep your head.

Rndy
09-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Dude..stay out of the NBA forum...you're a vet...keep your head.

But I want everyone to love Rose! ;)

NYKnickFanatic
09-26-2013, 11:36 AM

beasted86
09-26-2013, 12:17 PM
I always get a kick out of the Wade haters. I think guys within themselves know that Wade is better, and has always been better than their favorite player, and it gets under their skin.

Wade has posted a PER of 24.0 or higher for the last 5 years straight, and 7 out of his 10 total seasons. If you ask the average homer about their own team's player, they will quickly tell you guys like Rose, Harden, Westbrook, etc... who haven't done this once in their careers are "easily" better than Wade. Carmelo has done this once in his career, which was just last season. Also despite just this efficiency rating difference, him being a way better defender than all of them "easily".

Its most interesting how people claim Wade is "washed up" or a "shell of his former self" all while being a top 10 scorer in the NBA while only being a 2nd option, more efficient than their favorite player, better defender than their favorite player, more of a proven winner than their favorite player. List goes on.

:cool: storybro.

FlashBolt
09-26-2013, 12:50 PM
My argument for Wade is that he rises to the occasion. In what circumstances did Rose boost his play big time for his team to win? Rose doesn't belong in that discussion. He's more in a RWB, Harden, Curry, and Irving discussion. Other than that one season of 25 and 8, what has he done to separate himself from the rest? Hell, the only reason he got MVP was because he had an amazing defensive team. We all know he wasn't better than James or Howard that year, not even close. Heck, his team managed to stay #1 in the league with Rose missing nearly 25 games. Think about this, how many games would Miami/OKC win if James/Durant missed 25 games? Sure as hell not the 1st seed.

ChicagoJ
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I hope rose can shoot a decent pct .47 or higher, stay healthy, and be where he was before the injury or better.

Another serious injury would be a disaster.

Goose17
09-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Predicting his numbers if he's healthy and as good as KD has said;

24 PPG (FG 50%, 3PT 39%, FT 80%), 9 APG (3 TO), 3.9 RPG, 1 SPG.

All-Star, NBA 1st-team, runner up for MVP.

IversonIsKrazy
09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Hopefully it's the biggest story of the upcoming NBA season and he beasts. I expect Rose to come back better than before, I mean he took his time coming back, and dude is a gym-rat, hard-worker, I think his numbers will be similar to :

25ppg, 8apg, 4rpg, 1spg. 45% FG, 30% 3PT, 80% FT.

Knick_Fever
09-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Hopefully it's the biggest story of the upcoming NBA season and he beasts. I expect Rose to come back better than before, I mean he took his time coming back, and dude is a gym-rat, hard-worker, I think his numbers will be similar to :

25ppg, 8apg, 4rpg, 1spg. 45% FG, 30% 3PT, 80% FT.

He's a career 31% 3pt shooter. All he did was shoot for the past year or so, highly unlikely he actually gets worse in that category.

5ass
09-26-2013, 03:26 PM
19-8-3 43% fg, 34% 3pt, 80% ft

Heatcheck
09-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Predicting his numbers if he's healthy and as good as KD has said;

24 PPG (FG 50%, 3PT 39%, FT 80%), 9 APG (3 TO), 3.9 RPG, 1 SPG.

All-Star, NBA 1st-team, runner up for MVP.

an MVP with 24 ppg and 3 TO per game at pg? that's a pretty lame year for the nba

Heatcheck
09-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I bet stubs his toe real bad in october and decide he needs to play it safe and wait til the playoffs to decide if its worth coming back this year.

Goose17
09-26-2013, 04:01 PM
an MVP with 24 ppg and 3 TO per game at pg? that's a pretty lame year for the nba

First of all, I said runner up, not winner.

Now... It's better than the numbers he put up in his MVP year. And plenty of other MVPs have put up worse. Iverson for example (more points sure but really not efficient at all, plus a lot of turnovers, poor assist numbers etc), the numbers I proposed for Rose are pretty similar to the number Dirk had when he won his MVP. And what about Bob Cousy?

ramsizzle
09-26-2013, 04:30 PM

Lebron even averages about that in TO's a game and he is the de facto pg ....If you have the ball in your hand that much it is bound to happen.

sportsfan222
09-26-2013, 04:35 PM
i cant wait for D ROSE to finally come back.

since he went down in the final seconds vs the 76ers in the playoffs 17 months ago, the nba has not been the same.

i believe derrick rose will come back better than ever and show all the clowns who have written this guy off, or the people who dont even think he is top 5 in the nba, that they are totally wrong.

rose comes back strong, bulls finish 1 in the east, rose is candidate for mvp, and the bulls go to the finals and win it. cant wait for roses return.

FlashBolt
09-26-2013, 04:43 PM
i cant wait for D ROSE to finally come back.

since he went down in the final seconds vs the 76ers in the playoffs 17 months ago, the nba has not been the same.

i believe derrick rose will come back better than ever and show all the clowns who have written this guy off, or the people who dont even think he is top 5 in the nba, that they are totally wrong.

rose comes back strong, bulls finish 1 in the east, rose is candidate for mvp, and the bulls go to the finals and win it. cant wait for roses return.

It has not been the same? For who?

ramsizzle
09-26-2013, 04:47 PM

The NBA with rose > the NBA without rose.... no matter what you say. Rose is without a doubt top five most fun players to watch. superstar.

Cool007
09-26-2013, 10:32 PM
D-Rose coming back is a big time story for the NBA and I am sure it will be all over the place right from the get go (1st game of the season).

Missed Rose so much. He is always so much fun to watch.

As far as stats go, I expect 20ppg 8-9apg 4rpg in the 1st month but then going upto 24ppg 4rpg 9apg 47%fg 37% 3pg 86%ft. Leading the team to top 2 record in the NBA.

bearadonisdna
09-26-2013, 10:37 PM

Learn to read.
And btw those arent lame numbers if it also includes defense and dominance of other conference contenders circa 2011

sportsfan222
09-27-2013, 07:17 AM

well i can only speak for myself, but i am sure many people share my feeling on this one.

rose was arguably the most exciting player in the entire nba to watch ( yes more exciting than lebron, not saying better) when he went down in that playoff game, not only did that bulls 76ers series become a snoozer, but the entire eastern conference playoffs had become a lot less exciting.

you take a top 5 player in the nba off the team that had the best record in the nba in back to back seasons, that team becomes a lot less exciting to watch and a lot less competitive against the upper echelon teams.

maybe you feel the nba has been the same without rose, but come regular season time, you will probably realize how much he was missed.

lets hope he can return to old drose, because if not, the nba has lost one of the best and more exciting players to play the game in a while.

Goose17
09-27-2013, 07:47 AM
I agree with Sportsfan