PDA

View Full Version : 5 Funnest Teams To Watch of All Time

DreamShaker
09-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Out of every team you have seen play, who are the funnest teams you have ever got to watch? You can only name one version of your favorite team.

I disliked some of these teams, but I will admit they were really fun-

Seven Seconds or Less Suns (Amare, Marion, Joe Johnson, Steve Nash)
Early 2000s Sacramento Kings (Webber, Peja, Vlade, Bibby)
Showtime Lakers (Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper)
90's Hornets (Muggsy, Zo, Larry Johnson, Gill, Curry)
90's Orlando Magic (Shaq, Penny, Horace Grant, Nick Anderson, 3D)

JWorthy42
09-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Showtime Lakers were fun and they won 5 championships.

Gotta go with the homer, but correct, pick.

Chronz
09-20-2013, 03:47 AM
I really liked the jailblazers

PurpleLynch
09-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Obviously Showtime Lakers and also '90 Sonics with Payton and Kemp.

dAngelo
09-20-2013, 07:16 AM
SSOL Suns
Hakeem's championship teams
Sacramento with J-will
NJ nets with VC versus the Raptors
and any team that had Rasheed

dnl123
09-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Honestly some of my favorite teams to watch are the teams that the greatest players play for.

Bulls with Jordan
Heat with Lebron

I also loved to watch some teams that have been mentioned

the Nash led Suns and the early 2000 Kings.

NYKnickFanatic
09-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Can't lie, the Nets were a lot of fun to watch with Kidd, KMart and RJ.

kdspurman
09-20-2013, 09:12 AM
I enjoyed the 07 Warriors

Heediot
09-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Early to Mid 90's basketball was epic all around.

Mile High Champ
09-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Really nobody is going to say it? Funnest?

JNA17
09-20-2013, 10:10 AM
OP for future reference, you're not supposed to say "funnest". It's "most fun". The "5 Most Fun Teams To Watch of All Time".

But to avoid being a grammar dick, I get watch you're saying. :)

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
07 Spurs :laugh2:

DreamShaker
09-20-2013, 01:41 PM
OP for future reference, you're not supposed to say "funnest". It's "most fun". The "5 Most Fun Teams To Watch of All Time".

But to avoid being a grammar dick, I get watch you're saying. :)

Really nobody is going to say it? Funnest?

Lol. Even though I pretty much am a public speaker for a living, I am not very grammatically sound. The benefits of living in Texas where no one outside of the big cities care, I guess. :shrug:

But I will take note!

DreamShaker
09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I enjoyed the 07 Warriors

There is another one that I really thought about putting. Jacking up 3's and playing that crazy Nellie-ball. Them beating the Mavs was amazing to watch. The Warriors always seem to have fun teams/players.

Clippersfan86
09-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Loved the J Kidd Nets, early 00's Kings and early 00's Clippers. Those three teams were amazingly entertaining.

Clippersfan86
09-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Oh the 2011 Mavs and 2012 Spurs were also absolutely beautiful to watch. That ball movement and on court chemistry was NUTS.

NYKnickFanatic
09-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Lol. Even though I pretty much am a public speaker for a living, I am not very grammatically sound. The benefits of living in Texas where no one outside of the big cities care, I guess. :shrug:

But I will take note!

Don't even sweat it. Everyone knows what you meant.

NYKnickFanatic
09-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Any team McGee plays on is fun to watch. :D

DreamShaker
09-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Any team McGee plays on is fun to watch. :D

So true! Pretty much anything could happen with him on the court, good or bad.

lamzoka
09-20-2013, 02:16 PM
those 2 weeks of LINSANITY lol

Lebron with the Cavs

Mike D'antoni's Suns

WestCoastSportz
09-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I loved watching the late 80s and early 90s Chicago Bulls. Yes, mainly because of Jordan but they also had Scottie Pippen and for a time, Dennis Rodman. Its was fun to watch.

Also the Supersonics with GP and the Man-Child....Shawn Kemp.

THE MTL
09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
You can't beat the SSOL suns.

Isammm
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
The 09 Magic, well thats because Im in love with the 3 point shot

N3TS
09-20-2013, 05:54 PM
I enjoyed the Nash led Sun's, 2007 Warriors, J-Kidd Nets, early 2000's Kings, and the Heat w/ LeBron have been entertaining as well.

bagwell368
09-20-2013, 10:50 PM
The 1971 Washington Generals with the first verified win over the Globetrotters.

Seriously, 1980-1986 Celts

Was there for 47 of the games, have a good amount of tape in particular of the 1980-81 ECF - best ECF ever, and all of the Finals...

Fun to watch that level of passing, nothing like it since, or that sort of low post play from KM, and Bird and KG.. yeah, every 2nd or 3rd year, don't want them to go stale... but that '81 ECF? I watch that every year, those last 3 games in particular.

DreamShaker
09-20-2013, 11:48 PM
The 1971 Washington Generals with the first verified win over the Globetrotters.

Seriously, 1980-1986 Celts

Was there for 47 of the games, have a good amount of tape in particular of the 1980-81 ECF - best ECF ever, and all of the Finals...

Fun to watch that level of passing, nothing like it since, or that sort of low post play from KM, and Bird and KG.. yeah, every 2nd or 3rd year, don't want them to go stale... but that '81 ECF? I watch that every year, those last 3 games in particular.

I might be drawing a blank...who was KG on those Celts teams?

rhino17
09-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Rick Adelman's Kings are probably my favorite team to watch ever.

More recently, the spurs, particularly in the playoffs the past 2 seasons have been really great

PurpleLynch
09-21-2013, 05:33 AM

They played mostly of 1980-1986 with Parish at C and Mchale at Pf.First three years I think Bird played at Pf and Maxwell at Sf,with McHale giving huge performances off the bench. Best Celtics team ever in my opinion.

bagwell368
09-21-2013, 06:27 AM

A sign to stop writing about KG so much. I meant DJ.

That Celts team is pretty obvious... here are others that got my attention:

'79 Sonics - loved those guards
'83 76'ers - so tough on D, criminally under rated team
'86 Bucks - really about a six year span, in most other eras these teams win one or two chips
'87 Lakers - more of a wrecking ball, but Magic in his prime was sublime
'95 Rockets - what a climb
'02 Kings - nice team
'03 Spurs - Duncan and the precise and masterful coaching in this whole era.

bagwell368
09-21-2013, 06:54 AM
They played mostly of 1980-1986 with Parish at C and Mchale at Pf.First three years I think Bird played at Pf and Maxwell at Sf,with McHale giving huge performances off the bench. Best Celtics team ever in my opinion.

Assigning PF or SF to those 3 is dicey at best. Bird almost always guarded the slower and/or more offensively inept forward on the floor when it was him and McHale on the floor. It worked somewhat the same with Max, unless it was a very tall 4, then Bird would get him.

Max is all but forgotten now. The only Finals MVP not in the HOF (that's eligible). His low post moves for a guy that couldn't jump and didn't have a lot of height or strength and couldn't dribble in traffic is almost beyond imagination. He would shoot shots from all angles, off of head and shoulder fakes he might go Mikan, hook, set shot, or lean backwards, or fallaway. Think of a Dr. J that can't elevate and dribble and you're in the area (just in terms of in the paint that is).

His success can be seen by him leading the NBA in FG% a couple of times. Drew lots of fouls. If Parish wasn't as good, and McHale had to play more Center, they would have kept him, and he probably would be a HOF'er now. '78-'82 was his prime, best player on the team year before Bird, arguably best player on paper Bird's rookie year - although Bird's impact was seismic. And of course the Finals in '81 (games 4 and 5 in particular)

hidalgo
09-21-2013, 08:01 AM
#1. Jordan's Bulls dynasty. watching MJ do his thing was art

90s Orlando Magic. Shaquille, Pennny, H Grant, N Anderson, D Scott
90s Suns with Barkley
2008-2012 Celtics
05-07 PHX Suns

90s pacers, 90s knicks, Heat now, 90s supersonics, etc

PurpleLynch
09-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Assigning PF or SF to those 3 is dicey at best. Bird almost always guarded the slower and/or more offensively inept forward on the floor when it was him and McHale on the floor. It worked somewhat the same with Max, unless it was a very tall 4, then Bird would get him.

Max is all but forgotten now. The only Finals MVP not in the HOF (that's eligible). His low post moves for a guy that couldn't jump and didn't have a lot of height or strength and couldn't dribble in traffic is almost beyond imagination. He would shoot shots from all angles, off of head and shoulder fakes he might go Mikan, hook, set shot, or lean backwards, or fallaway. Think of a Dr. J that can't elevate and dribble and you're in the area (just in terms of in the paint that is).

His success can be seen by him leading the NBA in FG% a couple of times. Drew lots of fouls. If Parish wasn't as good, and McHale had to play more Center, they would have kept him, and he probably would be a HOF'er now. '78-'82 was his prime, best player on the team year before Bird, arguably best player on paper Bird's rookie year - although Bird's impact was seismic. And of course the Finals in '81 (games 4 and 5 in particular)

I understand. You're right about assigning those roles,it was a simplification just to explain to that guy who was on that Celtics team. Also good call on Maxwell,very underrated and almost forgotten.

PurpleLynch
09-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I add also '90 Utah if you're a fan of the pick & roll. Pick and roll as its finest.

Tony_Starks
09-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Even they were arch rivals at the time I loved the old Kings and especially the OG Blazers. Had they not choked against us, I would've actually rooted for Sheed in the finals...

Pablonovi
09-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Hey bagwell,
I remember it took me a long time to "figure out" how come the Washington Generals always lost to the Harlem Globetrotters - that was my earliest era, taking most everything at face value. Those games were so much fun to watch. I did go to at least one of them; what a scream. If you didn't care about the score (or if you loved limitless scoring), it couldn't be beat. Early on, iirc, they were out-ticket-selling the NBA.

West-Baylor Lakers (the bi-racial harmony "co-existing" in a very racist larger world that I personally lived in and could neither understand much less accept ...- impressed me super-deeply; what an important historical example they (and "O"-Lucas) were). West-Baylor were also truly beautiful to watch; West with his virtually unlimited range (he made many a 3-pointer before they were counted as such); Baylor with his virtually unlimited range of moves closer to the basket than West (Elgin was the Hawk before he appeared on the scene, who, in turn pre-dated Dr. J., who pre-dated MJ). The teamwork and camaraderie between the two. My 55 years of NBA-rabidity = it's THEIR FAULT!

Any team with the Big "O" on it - he was offensive poetry in motion. (A 5-YEAR LONG ACTUAL TRIPLE-DOUBLE).

Supreme Wilt.

Magic's ShowTime (my all-time favorite because of the incredible flowing teamwork).

SSOL-Suns: This pisses me off (hehe) I didn't have NBA-TV-access then and missed it all; BUMMER. But knowing Nash, and how D'antoni set him free/loose; I can imagine how special that must have been.

Whenever the Bird-McHale led Cs played the 'Nique-Willis led Hawks. I didn't root for/against either team; I just rooted for the buzzer to never ring; and if it did, for OVER-TIME. What a contrast between two sets of Fs; what no-holds-barred battles-royale!

The All-Offense, No-Defense Denver Nuggets (120 points per game all season long - "That's the way, I like it!")

The Alex English Kiki Vandeweighe duo. (Kiki never passed "the eye test" for me; he LOOKED like a scrub; but he definitely was not a scrub; boy could he fill up the hoop, especially from range.) There were a game or three where they both went off for 40 points PLUS some opposing player(s) did too. Wow

Dr. J. ABA and NBA.

Relatedly: The All-World Jumping-Jack 6ers with Chocolate Thunder, Dr. J., George McGinnis, Lloyd Free (later known as World B.), Billy Kangaroo Kid Cunningham, Moses, Steve The Mayor Mix, Caldwell Jones. (I do know that they mostly didn't all play together in many of the same years). They were NOT always disciplined enough; they NEVER had enough (basket-)balls for all that offensive talent; they may be the GOAT Team for doing the least with the most talent; but boy what a cast of fun characters; but boy did they put on a show.

"FUNNEST" I love this word; it's more-funner and funnier. Languages are always evolving; so who says we can't help them along? (I regularly invent words (some in Spanish too); outside of close family and friends, I can't say any of them have stuck though).

Minimal
09-22-2013, 05:44 AM
O'Neal, Reggie, Artest, Jackson Pacers.

Bowman53
09-22-2013, 06:21 AM
Nothing really tops those 98-2000's Sacramento Kings for me. Incredible ball movement, pace, shooting and scoring.

slashsnake
09-22-2013, 06:24 AM
#1. Jordan's Bulls dynasty. watching MJ do his thing was art

90s Orlando Magic. Shaquille, Pennny, H Grant, N Anderson, D Scott
90s Suns with Barkley
2008-2012 Celtics
05-07 PHX Suns

90s pacers, 90s knicks, Heat now, 90s supersonics, etc

Great list there. You've got a few teams that I would as well...

Bulls... yeah. Jordan was awesome to watch

Magic... Of course. I grew up around there and that team had a lot of fun talent. Penny was my favorite player back then.

05-07 Phoenix... Easy choice, great offense, lots of wild plays

I would throw in for my other two

Showtime Lakers. Magic and company were pure excitement

Last few years Denver Nuggets. They don't win in the playoffs, but those regular season games are just awesome. Lots of non-stop running. Lots of transition dunks. Andre Miller has one of the best alley oop balls in the league and isn't afraid to throw the outlet pass 3/4 of the court.

Honorable mention 90's knicks is nice,

Early 2000's Kings. Bibby, Webber, Stojakovic...

76ers with Iverson in his prime

Vince Carter and Tmac in Toronto.

90's Hornets with Dell Curry, Muggsy, Zo, and Larry Johnson...

triple J ranch Mavericks (Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn, Jim Jackson)

b@llhog24
09-22-2013, 03:32 PM
2000s Kings was probably the most exciting team ever. And any tape that I've watched with Birds Celtics was dope as well.

D-Leethal
09-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Jailblazers
Shaq and Penny Magic
90s Rugby Knicks
00s Pistons

ewing
09-22-2013, 08:52 PM
John Beeline's (sp?) West Virginia mountaineers. Of course my Riley and Van Gundy Knicks. Boo Harvey's St John's Redmen. Eric Montross and Raef and PP at KU. Anytime Javel McGee gets lose

ewing
09-22-2013, 08:55 PM
oh and i loved watching Price, Dougherty, Hot Rod Williams, Elho and those cavs. Ricky Pierce was one of the most unheralded players i loved watching