PDA

View Full Version : BBallBreakdown: Kyrie Irving vs Isaiah Thomas

kingsdelez24
09-19-2013, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htiURZVuoks&feature=youtu.be

Interesting watch... Discuss

D_Rose1118
09-19-2013, 05:10 PM
hmmm interesting, unfortunately neither of these players play results in the most important stat, WINS!

xxplayerxx23
09-19-2013, 05:17 PM
hmmm interesting, unfortunately neither of these players play results in the most important stat, WINS!

Yeah cuz Kyrie and Thomas have supporting casts that help lead to some wins

D_Rose1118
09-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah cuz Kyrie and Thomas have supporting casts that help lead to some wins

idc how bad your supporting cast is, if you are an elite point guard (like many claim kyrie to be) you have to have more than 45 wins in TWO seasons, and i watch roughly 60% of the cavs games now that im located in ohio now so i watch this team play a ton, more than i would like, and the supporting cast is not as putrid as many make it out to be

JNA17
09-20-2013, 10:06 AM
idc how bad your supporting cast is, if you are an elite point guard (like many claim kyrie to be) you have to have more than 45 wins in TWO seasons, and i watch roughly 60% of the cavs games now that im located in ohio now so i watch this team play a ton, more than i would like, and the supporting cast is not as putrid as many make it out to be

Cavs losing Varejao to injury last year was a big hit to them.

This year however, I expect the Cavs to make the 8th or 7th seed assuming their all healthy. Especially considering how many teams in the esst got worse and/or tanking.

MonroeFAN
09-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Irving has a lot to prove IMO.

xxplayerxx23
09-20-2013, 10:27 AM

Pretty follish. He is elite and he has 0 help

PrettyBoyJ
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Stats don't tell the whole story.. Kyrie is the main focus on the Cavs offense, and is the primary focus on opposing defenses. I doubt any team game plans for Isaiah Thomas (No disrespect).

Clippersfan86
09-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Not surprised a breakdown will bring Kyrie down to earth impact wise. Dude has quickly become super overrated when people are saying he's a top 3 PG or top 15 player already. Guy is the worst defender I have ever seen for a star PG. Don't get me wrong, future superstar and maybe best PG in the game eventually but people need to tone down the Kyrie hype some.

beasted86
09-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I am defensive biased. Both of them are lackluster on the defensive end on the pick and roll, unwilling to take the punishment to fight over screens. For that reason give me Mike Conley over both of them. Conley isn't close to a top 5 PG either.

xxplayerxx23
09-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Kyrie Irving is a superstar. Top 5-6 Pg in the game. He needs someone to help out and with Bynum and Andy V healthy (hopefully) you will see a better team

Clippersfan86
09-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Kyrie Irving is a superstar. Top 5-6 Pg in the game. He needs someone to help out and with Bynum and Andy V healthy (hopefully) you will see a better team

He's definitely not a "superstar" yet. He's actually a pretty damn flawed player. God awful defense, mediocre passing and A/T ratio. He will get there though and deserves time to fix his flaws. He's a very good player, not a great PG yet.

JEDean89
09-20-2013, 07:35 PM
honestly kyrie irving is way to overrated and john wall is way too underrated. there will be no question next year that he is a top 4 pg. he is going to be fantasy gold next year. i think kyrie will get there but he is not a top 5 pg yet and imo unworthy of an allstar selection. still he is fun to watch, and the cavs should be too.

Clippersfan86
09-20-2013, 08:49 PM
honestly kyrie irving is way to overrated and john wall is way too underrated. there will be no question next year that he is a top 4 pg. he is going to be fantasy gold next year. i think kyrie will get there but he is not a top 5 pg yet and imo unworthy of an allstar selection. still he is fun to watch, and the cavs should be too.

I too prefer Wall.

Guppyfighter
09-20-2013, 10:15 PM
I like bballbreakdown and this is a great video. But he gets too clever for his own good. Kyrie's usage is ten percent higher. Adjust for that and Kyrie's the better offensive option.

5ass
09-20-2013, 10:29 PM
I like bballbreakdown and this is a great video. But he gets too clever for his own good. Kyrie's usage is ten percent higher. Adjust for that and Kyrie's the better offensive option.

I couldnt have said it better myself. i still like to watch his videos though, he's obviously very knowledgeable.

JLynn943
09-21-2013, 02:31 AM
That was really interesting. As a Kings fan, I'd much rather have Kyrie obviously, but Isaiah doesn't get the respect he deserves imo. He's very gifted offensively, and gives the effort defensively, but his size will always hold him back. He's also really clutch - I don't know how many games he brought us back in or sealed for us in the 4th quarter. He has a tendency to shoot first, but there also hasn't been any sort of coaching or offensive system in Sacramento the entire time he's been there, so I'm hopeful he improves this year. Hopefully he'll still get significant minutes with Vasquez now on the team.

PurpleLynch
09-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Funny how people that say stats don't tell the whole story and then they say Irving is better without any proof of that. It's partially true,but coach Nick used advance stats and they tell A LOT about a player.

Guppyfighter
09-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Funny how people that say stats don't tell the whole story and then they say Irving is better without any proof of that. It's partially true,but coach Nick used advance stats and they tell A LOT about a player.

He's fantastic, but he knows Kyrie is better (adjusting for usage), the title was click bait.

Chronz
09-21-2013, 10:49 AM
This is his dumbest video yet. As hes tried to become more analytical, hes exposed himself as more amateur than I thought. Should've stuck with giving coaching opinions.

PurpleLynch
09-21-2013, 11:53 AM
He's fantastic, but he knows Kyrie is better (adjusting for usage), the title was click bait.

Yes,and this is a real answer. Just ask to fans to add proofs to their opinion. I also think Irving is better,but you need to bring some substance to prove it.

Guppyfighter
09-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Yes,and this is a real answer. Just ask to fans to add proofs to their opinion. I also think Irving is better,but you need to bring some substance to prove it.

Yep. I agree. People need to back up their claims.

b@llhog24
09-21-2013, 08:54 PM

Derrick Rose wasn't carrying the Cavs to the playoffs.

b@llhog24
09-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Not surprised a breakdown will bring Kyrie down to earth impact wise. Dude has quickly become super overrated when people are saying he's a top 3 PG or top 15 player already. Guy is the worst defender I have ever seen for a star PG. Don't get me wrong, future superstar and maybe best PG in the game eventually but people need to tone down the Kyrie hype some.

Guess you don't consider Steve Nash a star.

b@llhog24
09-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Bing.

Clippersfan86
09-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Guess you don't consider Steve Nash a star.

Steve Nash gave defensive effort every night on the floor, he just wasn't talented on that end. Nash played better defense than Kyrie currently.

Guppyfighter
09-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Kyrie's defense is like a ghost. Nonexistent.

That one's for your, CF86.

MonroeFAN
09-22-2013, 07:52 AM
For what it's worth, I too would take Wall over Irving.

9 out of 10 times.

b@llhog24
09-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Steve Nash gave defensive effort every night on the floor, he just wasn't talented on that end. Nash played better defense than Kyrie currently.

Does it really matter if he was just as bad? You don't brownie points for effort. In any event Kyrie's biggest problems is the fact that he can't stay healthy, I suspect that once he has a better cast around him and a pinch of good luck he'll take off.

b@llhog24
09-22-2013, 01:15 PM
For what it's worth, I too would take Wall over Irving.

9 out of 10 times.

Potential wise, sure. You can't teach athleticism, but he's not better than Kyrie currently. Not even close.