PDA

View Full Version : 2000's All-Decade Team

DreamShaker
09-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Let's use the years 2000-2009. Who best represents the decade on these teams? Pick 12 players. All-Star team format.

DreamShaker
09-18-2013, 11:45 PM
My team would probably go:

PG- Jason Kidd/Steve Nash
SG: Kobe/Iverson/Wade
SF: Lebron/T-Mac
PF- Duncan/KG/Dirk
C- Shaq/Ben Wallace

5ass
09-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Give me chris paul over nash and Kidd.

jericho
09-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Give me chris paul over nash and Kidd.

Hey rite now i would take CP3 over Kidd and Nash as well but this is an all decade team and CP3 began his career in the middle of that decade

mrblisterdundee
09-19-2013, 12:23 AM
PG - Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, Dwyane Wade
SF - LeBron James, Paul Pierce
PF - Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki
C - Shaquille O'Neal

FlashBolt
09-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Pg: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd

Sg: Kobe, Wade

Sf: LeBron, Pierce, Tmac

Pf: duncan, garnett, dirk

C: shaq, yao

HouRealCoach
09-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Shaq/ Yao
TD/ KG/ Dirk
LeBron/ TMac
Kobe/ Wade/ Iverson
Kidd/ CP3

Give me CP3 over Nash, you guys might say he didn't play long enough but Nash wasn't that good until 2005 & he was never as good as CP3 was in 2008 & 2009

FlashBolt
09-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Shaq/ Yao
TD/ KG/ Dirk
LeBron/ TMac
Kobe/ Wade/ Iverson
Kidd/ CP3

Give me CP3 over Nash, you guys might say he didn't play long enough but Nash wasn't that good until 2005 & he was never as good as CP3 was in 2008 & 2009

Not true. Steve Nash was better than CP during his MVP year. Also, you rather have 5 years of CP over 10 of Nash?

Ebbs
09-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Shaq / Yao
Duncan / Dirk* / Garnett
LeBron / McGrady
Kobe / Wade / Vinsanity
Nash / Kidd

Just missed: Pierce, AI, Melo, Webber, Ray Ray.

Vince is clearly a preference.

FOBolous
09-19-2013, 02:25 AM
this is kind of hard because it seems like the 2000's was split between two different group of great players...

in the early 2000's...Iverson, Kidd, Kobe, Vince Carter, Tmac, Duncan, Garnett, and Shaq dominated the league.

in the late 2000's...Nash, Chris Paul, Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, Lebron, Durant, Dirk, and Dwight dominated the league

Kobe's the only player that dominated all of the 2000's. Injuries derailed the career of some of the players', old age caught up to others, while some of the superstars that dominated during the 2000's didn't enter the league until sometime during the mid 2000's

Bruno
09-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Kidd/Nash/Cp3
Kobe/Wade
LBJ/Pierce/McGrady
Duncan, KG, Dirk
Shaq

ddt
09-19-2013, 09:08 AM
PG: Kidd/Nash
SG: Kobe/Carter - I have to take Carter
SF: Lebron/T-mac
PF: Garnett/Timmy/Dirk -Timmy and KG can start this team.
C: Shaq/Big Ben

dailydreamteam.com - "Taking your daily fantasy basketball skills to the next level."

Hellcrooner
09-19-2013, 11:25 AM
G: Kidd
G: Kobe
F: Lebron
F: Duncan
C:Shaq

G: Nash
G: Manu ginobili
F: Garnett
F: Dirk
C: Pau

+Wade
+Webber

Chronz
09-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Im really starting to hate the way Pierce will be remembered because of that title. He honestly wasn't even that good during that playoff run.

jstone0716
09-19-2013, 01:51 PM
PG: Nash/Kidd
SG: Kobe/Vinsanity/Wade
PF: Dirk/Duncan/KG
C: Shaq/Yao

Think those are clearly the best 12 players of the 2000s. Melo, Pierce, Ray Allen, Bosh, AI, Gilbert Arenas are other quality mentions

ddt
09-20-2013, 05:48 AM
PG: Nash/Kidd
SG: Kobe/Vinsanity/Wade
PF: Dirk/Duncan/KG
C: Shaq/Yao

Think those are clearly the best 12 players of the 2000s. Melo, Pierce, Ray Allen, Bosh, AI, Gilbert Arenas are other quality mentions

I agree on this one. We also have to take consideration on Yao on the 5.
And these players also needs some recognation:
Chris Webber
Peja Stojakovic
Richard Hamilton
Elton Brand
Gilbert Arenas
Baron Davis
Tony Parker
Jermaine Oneal
Pau Gasol
Billups
Manu
Amare
Ray Allen

dailydreamteam.com - "Taking your daily fantasy basketball skills to the next level."

Heediot
09-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Not true. Steve Nash was better than CP during his MVP year. Also, you rather have 5 years of CP over 10 of Nash?

True, Cp3's almost MVP season was one of the best season's for a PG ever, top 3 for sure. If he didn't injure his knee, he would be challenging ]ames annually for MVP. Even without two perfect knees he gets legit votes.

TheMagicAct24
09-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Pg: Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson
Sg: Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Vince Carter
Sf: LeBron James, Tracy McGrady
Pf: Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Honorable mentions:

Chris Webber(before he tore his knee up against Dallas)
Yao Ming
Steve Nash
Amare Stoudemire(pre-injury)
Ray Allen
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
Ben Wallace
Chauncey Billups
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Baron Davis

ddt
09-23-2013, 08:34 AM
This is one of the best decade in the NBA. The athleticism just went off the roof. unlike 80s and the 90s, you can only name few players who can really fly. and also this decade, the biggest rule change happened, the "Hand Checking".

ddt
09-24-2013, 06:33 AM
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquile O'Neal

reserves:
Vince Carter
LeBron James
Allen Iverson
Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming
Amar'e Stoudemire
Steve Nash

PS. for those LeBron band-wagoners there, I truly believe that T-Mac was better during this decade than LeBron. Can't argue with numbers y'all!

scissors
09-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Im really starting to hate the way Pierce will be remembered because of that title. He honestly wasn't even that good during that playoff run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks

Heatcheck
09-24-2013, 12:21 PM

reserves:
Vince Carter
LeBron James
Allen Iverson
Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming
Amar'e Stoudemire
Steve Nash

PS. for those LeBron band-wagoners there, I truly believe that T-Mac was better during this decade than LeBron. Can't argue with numbers y'all!

I truly believe your a clown for saying that.

ddt
09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
was it for my list or my PS? because I knew someone was going to notice that sooner or later. lol

ddt
09-24-2013, 12:43 PM
I truly believe your a clown for saying that.

was it for my list or my PS? because I knew someone was going to notice that sooner or later. lol

hoopjunkie85
09-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Kidd
Kobe
Lebron
Duncan
Shaq

2nd team
Nash
AI
Tmac
Garnett
Yao

11Th man
Dirk

12 Man
Dwade

IR
Rayray

Head coach
Phil Jackson

Assistant coach
Greg pop

ghettosean
09-24-2013, 06:43 PM

I honestly thought Garnett for sure was going to get the finals MVP between the 2 of them but whatever it is what it is.

ManRam
09-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Here's what the team looks like if you go solely based on win shares accumulated from 2000-01 to 2009-10.

I'll put their rankings in paratheses.

Billups (5) / Nash (7) / Kidd (11)
Bryant (4) / Allen (11)
James (6) / Marion (8) / Pierce (9)
Nowitzki (1) / Garnett (3)
Duncan (2) / Shaq (12) / Gasol (13)

That's just for fun. It wouldn't be my list but it's a decent jumping off point. Obviously it favors longevity.

And obviously Marion is the surprising guy there. But he really was really good, for sure. He did make 4 AS games too. His defensive play for many of those seasons was tremendous. Top-10 in win shares 4 times, top 10 in defense win shares 6 times over that span. He'll remain a forever underrated player.

And the dude that said T-Mac was better than LeBron in that decade...I'm a T-Mac fan even way more than I'm a LeBron fan...but that's just not true. The stats don't back it up, like you claim, either. T-Mac had that AMAZING peak year, but LeBron has topped it, even over that span...as he's topped every single active players' best peak year.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2013, 07:10 PM

reserves:
Vince Carter
LeBron James
Allen Iverson
Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming
Amar'e Stoudemire
Steve Nash

numbers actually tell us LeBron was better.

PurpleLynch
09-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Here's what the team looks like if you go solely based on win shares accumulated from 2000-01 to 2009-10.

I'll put their rankings in paratheses.

Billups (5) / Nash (7) / Kidd (11)
Bryant (4) / Allen (11)
James (6) / Marion (8) / Pierce (9)
Nowitzki (1) / Garnett (3)
Duncan (2) / Shaq (12) / Gasol (13)

That's just for fun. It wouldn't be my list but it's a decent jumping off point. Obviously it favors longevity.

And obviously Marion is the surprising guy there. But he really was really good, for sure. He did make 4 AS games too. His defensive play for many of those seasons was tremendous. Top-10 in win shares 4 times, top 10 in defense win shares 6 times over that span. He'll remain a forever underrated player.

And the dude that said T-Mac was better than LeBron in that decade...I'm a T-Mac fan even way more than I'm a LeBron fan...but that's just not true. The stats don't back it up, like you claim, either. T-Mac had that AMAZING peak year, but LeBron has topped it, even over that span...as he's topped every single active players' best peak year.

I agree with the bolded. Truly underrated player.

True Sports Fan
09-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Kidd / Nash
T-Mac / VC / A.I
LBJ / Melo / Durant
Webber / Dirk
Ming / LaMarcus Aldridge

Unorthodox lineup, but... Why the **** not.

mdm692
09-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Shaq/ Yao
TD/ KG/ Dirk
LeBron/ TMac
Kobe/ Wade/ Iverson
Kidd/ CP3

WTF are you talking about lol. In the 2000's Nash was a superior assist man, superior shooter (40-50-90 MULTIPLE times) and the pick n roll maestro. Yes his defense was average AT BEST but what he lacked in athletic ability he made up with IQ(hence the reason why he was always one of the better at drawing charges in the entire league).

mdm692
09-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Pg: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd

Sg: Kobe, Wade

Sf: LeBron, Pierce, Tmac

Pf: duncan, garnett, dirk

C: shaq, yao
Perfect team. I would swap T-mac with VC and Yao with Stoudemire due to the injuries but If we're talking all 100% you nailed it.

FlashBolt
09-25-2013, 03:42 AM
I honestly forgot about Melo. My initial thought was to put Durant but he didn't play for those earlier years. Give me James and Melo in SF. Grady had some really rough years in the latter decade and I have to take some points off that. I can see why Grady would make the list(s) though.

WadeKobe
09-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Kidd/Nash/Cp3
Kobe/Wade
LBJ/Pierce/McGrady
Duncan, KG, Dirk
Shaq

Remove McGrady, add Wallace.

Chronz
09-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Remove McGrady, add Wallace.
You cant be serious. Why?

Cuz rebounding and losing?

JasonJohnHorn
09-26-2013, 08:07 AM

PF- Duncan/KG/Dirk
C- Shaq/Ben Wallace

I can't find much wrong with this list.
Me personally, I think CP3 might be a better fit than Nash because he can defend, but Nash also had his best years throughout the 00's and CP3 only started half way through.

The other point I'd look at differently is SF: I will admit that T-Mac was better at his peek, but over the course of the 10 seasons, I'd rather have Paul Pierce. Also, if I were building a team, I'd rather have Paul.

I don't like T-Mac and Iverson, but they were EXTREMELY talented players. If I was making an All-NBA team for that decade, Iverson would have to be on it, but if I were making a team to play together, Iverson and T-Mac would be out for sure.

I'd likely replace Iverson with Ray Allen.

JordansBulls
10-10-2013, 12:11 AM

PF- Duncan/KG/Dirk
C- Shaq/Ben Wallace
I like this list as well.

tapajafri
10-10-2013, 03:02 AM
It's a shame so many people are forgetting about Chris Webber. His 2001 season alone was one of the best individual seasons on the 00's decade. He averaged 27 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, and had his team in title contention. Even after the knee surgery and being traded to Philly with his career on the downhill, he still averaged 20 and 10 in 2006 when he wasn't that good anymore. 20 and 10 average for Webber ws considered "not that good" so that shows how dominant he was for just over half of the decade.

He should definitely be on the 2000's all decade list if people are mentioning ben wallace, chris paul, and amare stoudemire.

jerellh528
10-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Kidd / Nash
T-Mac / VC / A.I
LBJ / Melo / Durant
Webber / Dirk
Ming / LaMarcus Aldridge

Unorthodox lineup, but... Why the **** not.

Hahaha you left off the 3 best players from the 2000s Kobe, shaq, and Duncan. I'll take those 3 over your whole team. Lol!