PDA

View Full Version : Grantland Article on Chris Webber- HOF?

DreamShaker
09-17-2013, 08:53 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9682949/chris-webber-hall-fame-case#footnoteref1

Interesting article. Thoughts? And do you think Webber is a HOFer?

DreamShaker
09-17-2013, 08:55 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9682949/chris-webber-hall-fame-case

Link I put was bad. Hopefully this works:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9682949/chris-webber-hall-fame-case

jaydubb
09-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Being a hater of those Sacramento kings teams, I gotta admit Chris webber absolutely KILLED the lakers every time they matched up.. I say yes, he should be a hofer regardless of not having a ring..

COOLbeans
09-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Not 1st ballot, but he should be in, lesser players have made it. Webber was an outstanding basketball player, but injuries hurt his career numbers, however the eye test, including his leadership and dominance with the Kings puts him in.

jam
09-18-2013, 01:51 AM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9682949/chris-webber-hall-fame-case#footnoteref1

Interesting article. Thoughts? And do you think Webber is a HOFer?

Brilliant article. Thanks for posting it.

CWebb was an absolute BEAST. I would literally get scared just looking at the guy.

Dude was an iconic college big: Shaq, Ewing, Sampson, Webb. He was that damn good.

In the nba, he was very good to excellent. He spent a lot of years with a very mediocre washington team, and then became a shadow of himself after getting injured.

He will be viewed as a college prodigy, icon, but also a cheat.

In the nba, he never quite fulfilled what seemed like unlimited potential. David Stern played a role, as well, as we all know.

He had a strangely checkered career. He's a HOFer, but he'll be forced to wait.

jam
09-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Being a hater of those Sacramento kings teams, I gotta admit Chris webber absolutely KILLED the lakers every time they matched up.. I say yes, he should be a hofer regardless of not having a ring..

Those battles are the stuff of legend.

TheMightyHumph
09-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Do't care if he makes it or not.

Won't make a difference.

Joshtd1
09-18-2013, 02:50 PM
C-Dub was probably my favorite player outside of the Spurs when he was in the league. Guy was an amazing talent, had it all. One of the most skilled bigs I've seen play the game. Not sure if he'll make it or not, but I do know I loved watching him play whenever I got to see him.

abe_froman
09-18-2013, 02:55 PM
of course he is,didnt think it was up to debate

career 20/10 guy,roy,5x all star,about as many time all nbaer,huge cultural impact in college(even if everything was voided)

PurpleLynch
09-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Yes,he'll have to wait,but he deserves to be in the Hof. And yes,he was a Lakers's nightmare every night,I have to admit it.

JasonJohnHorn
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Webber is a first ballot HOF easily. It's not even a question. Not only was he one of the best players at his position in his prime, but he was also the best player on one of the most important teams in the history of the game: Michagan's Fab Five.

beasted86
09-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes, easily a HOF player.

bagwell368
09-19-2013, 09:15 PM
After watching those Michigan teams I thought he was a can't miss great player to be. I think my expectations being high and some of those teams early being bad made me see him harshly. Then just when it looked like he would be be great he got hurt and limped through the rest of his career. On balance he should probably be in, but, I won't fight for or against.

bootsy
09-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Webber is a first ballot HOF easily. It's not even a question. Not only was he one of the best players at his position in his prime, but he was also the best player on one of the most important teams in the history of the game: Michagan's Fab Five.

:rolleyes: Seriously overrating Webber, Michigan. Webber's a HOF but he'snot easily a first ballot HOFer. Better players than him didn't get in on 1st ballot.

FlashBolt
09-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Interesting to see if TMac gets it or not. If Webber gets it, TMac should as well.