PDA

View Full Version : Even when things do not go as hoped sometimes we have had some luck after the fact

SLY WILLIAMS
09-16-2013, 04:41 PM
We sign Gomer. He plays okay but not up to expectations so we turn him in to Gabs, Higgens and McD

Gabs has a down year we turn him in to Brass and Moore.

We sign Kotalik and when that doesn't work out we get Prust in a trade.

We draft Bobby Sanguenetti and when his development is slow we trade him for 2nd round picks and a 6th round pick which turns in to Jasper Fast.

We draft Cherpy who could have been a star NHL player in my opinion. He dies tragically. The NHL gives us a 2nd round pick as compensation. We draft Werek. When that doesnt go as hoped we trade him for Oscar Lindberg

runnermjr1296
09-16-2013, 05:32 PM
sometimes you're the bug ,sometimes you're the windshield? Actually I'm going with good scouting

NYSPORTS98
09-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Hoping we define luck with the name Oscar Lindberg.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Hoping we define luck with the name Oscar Lindberg.

I remember when we traded for him most fans (including myself) were like who? Why?Now there is a chance he could be our 3rd line center this year or next.

itsmillertime
09-17-2013, 08:51 AM
It's hard not to get excited about Lindberg. His shot and scoring ability seems to have improved 5 to 10 times. The problem is that because they brought back Richards and haven't traded Boyle, there is no spot for him unless Boyle moves to wing where he is pretty much useless.

nyr1980
09-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Agreed, but you can't be too deep at center.

bsi
09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
I remember when we traded for him most fans (including myself) were like who? Why?Now there is a chance he could be our 3rd line center this year or next.

I really don't think we're gonna be carrying many of the young guys past the return of Callahan, Stepan and Hagelin. With the additions of Pouliot and Moore as well as the fact that we'll likely take Kreider full time I think our roster is actually overfilled. That could change if the team is flat to start. My top 12 are Kreider Stepan Nash Pouliot Richards Callahan Hagelin Brassard Zuccarello Asham Moore Boyle and with that we stil have Powe and Pyatt on the sidelines as well as Miller. I really don't think Oscar is gonna make this team unless it fails early on, he may get a shot if Callahan Stepan and Hagelin aren't around for a bit but I assume Stepan will be there opening day and Callahan may not be far behind.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-17-2013, 11:08 AM
I wonder if Danny Kristo will make the list of good luck down the road.

redwhiteandblue
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm still baffled how we got McD for Gomez

puckhead54
09-17-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm still baffled how we got McD for Gomez

there is a God and miracles do happen

MJL80
09-18-2013, 08:05 AM
there is a God and miracles do happen

That's what Robby Cano hopes at least

IAmARanger18
09-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Kristo may make the lineup this season and don't doubt my man Sather when it comes to trades ;) Don't forget another possible gem he found in John Moore. Columbus misused him the same way Montreal did with Mac, Moore is a younger MacTruck who's game will keep getting better.