PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual PSD Player Rankings #6 Center In The NBA? (Volume: VI)

Mile High Champ
09-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

Due to some people complaining that the rule was not written for the PG poll; in order to be eligible for these rankings, players must of played in 10 or more games last season. Thank you.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2013 Off-Season PSD C Rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Dwight Howard
3) Marc Gasol
4) Joakim Noah
5) Roy Hibbert
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2012 Off-Season PSD C Rankings

1) Dwight Howard
2) Andrew Bynum
3) Kevin Garnett
4) Marc Gasol
5) Tim Duncan
6) Tyson Chandler
7) Al Horford
8) Al Jefferson
9) Roy Hibbert
10) DeMarcus Cousins

2011 Off-Season C Rankings

1) Dwight Howard
2) Andrew Bynum
3) Tim Duncan
4) Andrew Bogut
5) Al Horford
6) Marc Gasol
7) Tyson Chandler
8) Joakim Noah
9) Nene
10) Al Jefferson

2010 Off-Season C Rankings

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Andrew Bogut
4) Brook Lopez
5) Andrew Bynum
6) Marc Gasol
7) Joakim Noah
8) Al Horford
9) Al Jefferson
10) Chris Kaman

2009 Off-Season C Rankings

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Al Jefferson
4) Shaquille O'Neal
5) Andrea Bargnani
6) Andris Biedrins
7) Emeka Okafor
8) Nene
9) Brook Lopez
10) Andrew Bynum

2008 Off-Season C Rankings:

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Al Jefferson
4) Andrew Bynum
5) Chris Kaman
6) Tyson Chandler
7) Shaquille O'Neal
8) Marcus Camby
9) Jermaine O'neal
10) Andrew Bogut

Mile High Champ
09-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Probably would take Al Horford here.

kdspurman
09-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I'll take Al here. Probably Brook next

Ebbs
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
People would rather have Al Horford over Chris Bosh?

tredigs
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Give me a break, get Tyson Chandler off the board. This guys defense anchors playoff teams and is one of the major + massively underrated reasons why NY is where it is and why Dallas won their ship. Leads NY in RAPM, WinsProduced and WS/48, and is top 10 in the league in all 3. You take the ridiculously efficiency - lead the league in Offensive Rating and TS% again - of his limited offensive game along with arguably the best post-D in the game from the double double center here. He's the only one left who had a good case against Marc for #2.

mrblisterdundee
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Damn straight; Horford and Bosh are both power forwards playing center, but Horford is more rugged and has had to play better without LeBron James and Dwyane Wade at his side.

Minimal
09-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Once again proves how underrated Chris Bosh is.

Seizabmc
09-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Tyson chandler deserves to be here !

tredigs
09-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Once again proves how underrated Chris Bosh is.

Trade Bosh and Chandler and the Heat just 3 peated.

abe_froman
09-12-2013, 06:41 PM

horford puts up similar stats on better defense and has led the hawks to the playoffs every year of his career,bosh needed lebron to carry him there.if they switched places al would be getting the attention he deserves

seikou8
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Damn straight; Horford and Bosh are both power forwards playing center, but Horford is more rugged and has had to play better without LeBron James and Dwyane Wade at his side.

in any thread or post of a big 3 there always someone to bring the other two to discredit them why, ill take tyson he getting unfairly underrated by knicks fans and in general

D-Leethal
09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Give me a break, get Tyson Chandler off the board. This guys defense anchors playoff teams and is one of the major + massively underrated reasons why NY is where it is and why Dallas won their ship. Leads NY in RAPM, WinsProduced and WS/48, and is top 10 in the league in all 3. You take the ridiculously efficiency - lead the league in Offensive Rating and TS% again - of his limited offensive game along with arguably the best post-D in the game from the double double center here. He's the only one left who had a good case against Marc for #2.

His lack of offensive game has killed our team on many occasions. Its playing 4 on 5 when the other team can shut down the pick and roll, which is why we get smoked by teams with anchors who can shut down the pick and roll (like Tyson does on the other end).

Knicks went on their best streak of the season while Tyson was riding the bench. It was close to 2 months long and better than the hot start. I find it hard to believe that he is oh so vital and paramount to our success when we can rally off 16-3 stretches without him while using a way undersized 35 year old fresh off the couch eating potato chips as his replacement.

Tyson's efficiency is a product of his lack of skills. He isn't asked to do anything besides dunk because he can't. Not even dunks where he establishes position, power dribbles and throws it down. They are literally dunks where nobody is near him and a dunk falls into his lap while his big man is forced to leave him to help on penetration. Now, he gets credit for being a tremendous screen setter and huge target as a roll man, but other than that he has the worst offensive skillset of anyone on this list, and it sure does get exposed pretty regularly despite how good he is at "playing within himself" and "not trying to do too much". Guy is 7'1 and can't even put up a flip hook. When the worst offensive player is the most hyper efficient, you might need to re-evaluate how much you value efficiency.

His D left a lot to be desired last season, but in his defense he spoiled us with his 2011 campaign, and he has to clean up a lot of other peoples messes out there.

Kashmir13579
09-12-2013, 09:21 PM

For once, you and i totally agree. Get him off the board. Tyson is massively underrated by Knicks fans. You even hear people saying things like JR Smith is the Knicks second best player, which is laughable. I'm still a little pissed at Tyson for getting raped by Hibbert, but it is what it is.

Kashmir13579
09-12-2013, 09:28 PM
His lack of offensive game has killed our team on many occasions. Its playing 4 on 5 when the other team can shut down the pick and roll, which is why we get smoked by teams with anchors who can shut down the pick and roll (like Tyson does on the other end).

Knicks went on their best streak of the season while Tyson was riding the bench. It was close to 2 months long and better than the hot start. I find it hard to believe that he is oh so vital and paramount to our success when we can rally off 16-3 stretches without him while using a way undersized 35 year old fresh off the couch eating potato chips as his replacement.

Tyson's efficiency is a product of his lack of skills. He isn't asked to do anything besides dunk because he can't. Not even dunks where he establishes position, power dribbles and throws it down. They are literally dunks where nobody is near him and a dunk falls into his lap while his big man is forced to leave him to help on penetration. Now, he gets credit for being a tremendous screen setter and huge target as a roll man, but other than that he has the worst offensive skillset of anyone on this list, and it sure does get exposed pretty regularly despite how good he is at "playing within himself" and "not trying to do too much". Guy is 7'1 and can't even put up a flip hook. When the worst offensive player is the most hyper efficient, you might need to re-evaluate how much you value efficiency.

His D left a lot to be desired last season, but in his defense he spoiled us with his 2011 campaign, and he has to clean up a lot of other peoples messes out there.
You essentially criticize him for capitalizing in-full on his strengths and cutting out his weaknesses.

nycericanguy
09-13-2013, 09:33 AM
For once, you and i totally agree. Get him off the board. Tyson is massively underrated by Knicks fans. You even hear people saying things like JR Smith is the Knicks second best player, which is laughable. I'm still a little pissed at Tyson for getting raped by Hibbert, but it is what it is.

when you look at the damage Hibbert did the last 2 months of the year, and against ATL & MIA in the playoffs, Tyson actually did a decent job. Hibbert was just on a 2 month tear. But Tyson held him to 13 & 10 on 46% in that series, those aren't exactly dominating numbers, especially considering how many minutes Hibbert played. Against MIA he averaged 22 & 10 56%, against ATL 15 & 9 on 48% in MUCH less playing time.

Hibbert killed us more with his defense, they just packed the paint on us...hopefully Bargs helps in that regard.

I think Brook should go here, then Tyson. Brook had a tremendous year, 20ppg in just 30mpg... and his defense got better.

SteBO
09-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Chandler should've gone here....then Bosh.

roshan3ai
09-13-2013, 02:40 PM
It should go Horford-Chandler-Bosh

VinceCarter
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Brook is getting robbed in this top 10. He should be #3 or #4.