PDA

View Full Version : Beasley back to the HEAT

Lidz
09-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Miami HEAT ‏@MiamiHEAT 1m
OFFICIAL: The @MiamiHEAT have signed Michael Beasley.

Kashmir13579
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
If true, great low risk - high reward deal for the champs.

HYFR
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Good signing for the heat.. He's a knucklehead but he should be ok with them

Lidz
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Miami HEAT ‏@MiamiHEAT 5m
Pat Riley: Michael (Beasley) had the best years of his career with us. We feel that he can help us.

kdspurman
09-11-2013, 04:51 PM
If true, great low risk - high reward deal for the champs.

+1...

Chronz
09-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Why has he gotten worse every year? What changed in Y2 in Miami to hurt him?

YoungOne
09-11-2013, 05:01 PM
"smoke some heat" lol

PurpleLynch
09-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh my goodness,my hope for the Lakers to get him are gone. Now the Heat are stacked. Coming off the bench:Beasley,Allen,Cole,Oden(if he can play),Andersen,Battier,Anthony,Haslem.They're frickin deep right now. They have also a decent replace for Lebron at Sf(Beasley).

therealwd27
09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
All smiles

titan85
09-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Still think he shoulda went to the Nuggets

mjm07
09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
+1...

+2...

I likes.

PurpleLynch
I'm eager to see if they will play Beasley at sf,what do you think guys?
Pg:Chalmers
Sg:Wade
Sf:Beasley
Pf:James
C:Chris Bosh

BH-Sports
A true scorer coming off the bench. The just gets better and better. Props to Pat. Absolutely no risk (meaning the contract isn't guaranteed) and HIGH reward

The Flash
09-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Cool Beas is back!

MTL_123
09-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
Lebron/Beasley
Bosh/Battier
Anderson/UD/Oden

Rain City
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM
this is a good sign for them. i like it better than Oden. Mia like to play small alot which is a good system for him, they wont need to rely on him alot and anyone could use a guy off the bench who can score in bunches.

there is the risk hes going to lose his mind in south beach, but on that team i think the reward factor is worth it.

Jarvo
09-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I wanted him on The Spurs "/

BranWingss
09-11-2013, 05:21 PM
LeBron coming off the bench now?

archdevil84
09-11-2013, 05:23 PM
LeBron coming off the bench now?
NoCo gets the start over Dwade

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Told ya.

I will go out and guarantee he has his best season of his career this year (from an efficiency standpoint) and that him coming to the Heat will be looked at as a success. This was an easy signing. The people hating on this move are mostly just hating on either Beasley or the Heat. The Heat fans that don't like the move...SMH...I hope yall are man and women enough to admit you were dead wrong when he drops 40 pts in a game this year on good efficiency and he and Lebron are clicking. If he balls out, he could be the biggest reason for Lebron staying in Miami. Don't forget to thank Beas when all of this happens.

Iron24th
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Could make the heat undisputable champions for years to come if it works.

Chronz
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
I remember when certain Minny fans got hyped for Beasley too. Nobody doubts his talent, just wondering why hes taking so long to put it together.

Cal827
09-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Damn it! How will the Bobcats ever break through in that division with signings like this :mad:

Chalmers-Cole
Wade-Allen
Lebron-Battier/Beasley
Battier-Haslem
Bosh-Oden

Well ****

Absolutely fantastic signing. Now on top of the Big three, they have 2 guys who can score at will off the bench in back court (Allen), and stretch the court (Beasley). He'll have a very, very efficient year. On the other teams, he was focused on. That ain't gonna happen here lol

therealwd27
09-11-2013, 05:36 PM
All the talent in the world everyone knows it. Will need Haslem/Zo and other heat Vets to mentor him. If he gets his head right could make difference if Lebron stays honestly.

knicks_champ
09-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Great signing! I think he will be good there.

Dade County
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't understand why some posters don't think this is a great move by the HEAT...

Beasley coming off the bench with a clear define role, is pure gold; Wade, UD plus Spo will make him feel at home. Miami will have two feel good stories before all is said and done, Oden & Beasley.

Stunner
09-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol all of those Anti - Beasley To The Heat in the other thread proves Pat Reily knows what's best . This move doesn't get ok'd unless Lebron and Wade say its a go

Kashmir13579
09-11-2013, 05:39 PM
I remember when certain Minny fans got hyped for Beasley too. Nobody doubts his talent, just wondering why hes taking so long to put it together.

I think the reason this is different is the Heat already have a winning team and culture in place, and three of the top players in the world. Nobody in that clubhouse is going to take guff from Beas. Also this is probably the first time he'll be called upon as a role player and not a lottery pick. I won't be surprised if he's relished to mostly catch and shoot on the offensive end. Basically if he buys into their defense, there is no way i see this not working.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2013, 05:43 PM

we were pumped that we got him for 2 second rounders, and he even started his first year in Minny showing some scoring prowess. Then got hurt, and sulked, and never worked on his game. The dude doesn't love basketball is his problem. He uses his natural gifts to pay for his weed/cars/etc.

Heater4life
09-11-2013, 05:47 PM
As a Heat fan these are moments that i will relish, Pat Rileys efforts must not be taken for granted.
This does not mean anything, with Oden and Beasley not guaranteed to succeed in Miami. I find it impressive how Riley just continues adding and retooling the Heat. I dont believe Ive seen any organization do this as consistently as the Heat over the past 4 years. If successful, Oden and Beasley addtions can be that youth that Miami lacked behind the big 3.

Kashmir13579
09-11-2013, 05:47 PM
we were pumped that we got him for 2 second rounders, and he even started his first year in Minny showing some scoring prowess. Then got hurt, and sulked, and never worked on his game. The dude doesn't love basketball is his problem. He uses his natural gifts to pay for his weed/cars/etc.

yeah dude didn't he score around 20 ppg for you guys one of those years? Where'd that go.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Because lets be honest, the guy isn't a leader, doesn't care about legacy, isn't a guy to build a franchise around and rarely does he give 100%. I looked back at his stats. His second year in the league he shot 80% from the stripe. His 4th season with MN he shot 64%. To me that points to someone who just shows up and doesn't work on his game to get better. The guy is what he is.

MN had to rely on him to put up 25+ a game, and be a leader on the floor, and be efficient while doing it. Well we know he's definitely not a leader, and once he becomes disenchanted, your not going to get the best game out of the guy.

Now put him on a team like the Heat where there are 3 players better than him, including the best player in the world, and championship aspirations, well I think that will be a positive enforcement to dedicating yourself to the game as anything. Dedicating himself is all he needs to do. Watch Chronz, I personally guarantee he is successful there.

effen5
09-11-2013, 05:50 PM
He's terrible.

Stunner
09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Yup best year in Minny 19 ppg at 45 % from the feild and nearly 37% from the 3

Stunner
09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
He's terrible.

Just stupid , he's talented though .

DillyDill
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Three peat in the bag with this signing..No hate hear congrats heat!!

mdm692
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Hopefully they learned that he is useless at SF and needs to play PF strictly. Stretch 4 in Miami would be killer.

Closing line up of

Wade
Allen
James
Bosh/Beas
Oden

Should we crown then already. Seriously though I wonder if they hope he pans out at PF that way they can trade Bosh or let him walk.

Stunner
09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't call Mike terrible because when you compare it to other NBA players he doesn't come close to that . He's just a head case like JR Smith . If Beasley wasn't the 2nd pick he would get as much flack as he does . I hope this year in Miami helps him realize he needs to work on his game more than I think he has .

Heater4life
09-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Also, do you guys think with Beasley on the roster (if he is dedicated) the Heat will have more continuity among the reserves? If productive within his skill set, can he fill Bosh's flex foward role on offense, providing needed spacing while Bosh rests?

therealwd27
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Hes made some terrible decisions, but hes not terrible. You'll see a big difference this year. Look what Birdman did.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
yeah dude didn't he score around 20 ppg for you guys one of those years? Where'd that go.

19.2 on 45% from the field. Better from the field than many scoring champions.

Hoopsadvocate
09-11-2013, 05:59 PM
He's terrible.

Im not as delusional sounding as some of the other HEAT fans about his signing but i do view it as a good thing.

Realisitcally:

Rashard Lewis fits better on this squad and i rather have him get the minutes than Beasley as beasley isnt as good a shooter from 3 and quite frankley the heat dont need mid range shooters to clog up the lanes for lebron/wade/bosh.

So i see him riding the bench to prove he can be a team player and if he gets any playing time its because he works his *** off in practice. I see this more as a move for next year to have his bird rights because lets be honest Ray, Shane, and Lewis are probably retireing after this and the HEAT need some youth.

Essentially Beasley will be trated like a rookie again having to earn his playing time and not being guaranteed anything.

But at 25 he still can be a servicable reserve for the heat at worst. regardless if hes passionate about ball or not his natural talent will make him a decent serviceman off the bench for next year when we need the depth and replacement.

Optimistically:

He realizes this is his last chance to even make a roster again if he doesnt show the league he has changed and works his but off in practice and gets minutes to where he is a consistent part of the 2nd unit.

gotoHcarolina52
09-11-2013, 06:01 PM
I hope Super Cool proves me wrong, but my expectations for him couldn't possibly be lower. A world of potential, sure, but something isn't right upstairs.

therealwd27
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I hope Super Cool proves me wrong, but my expectations for him couldn't possibly be lower. A world of potential, sure, but something isn't right upstairs.

If anyone can help Beasley right now its Riley. Remember what he did for Anthony Mason? It can work but Beas needs to be open minded

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't call Mike terrible because when you compare it to other NBA players he doesn't come close to that . He's just a head case like JR Smith . If Beasley wasn't the 2nd pick he would get as much flack as he does . I hope this year in Miami helps him realize he needs to work on his game more than I think he has .

Is that deadpool clip in your sig from a video game, tv show, or movie?

Hawkeye15
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM

early on, he was scoring 22 a game fairly efficiently. He ended up around 19 a game on well below average efficiency. Too many long 2's and inability to draw fouls just killed(kills) him. Plus he was always hurt, which goes back to me saying I don't think he takes basketball serious. He doesn't keep his body ready and in shape to carry a load.

I mean, the year you guys are praising his 19/45% crap, he has 1.7 total win shares in 73 games. That is putrid for someone taking that many shots.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Im not as delusional sounding as some of the other HEAT fans about his signing but i do view it as a good thing.

Realisitcally:

Rashard Lewis fits better on this squad and i rather have him get the minutes than Beasley as beasley isnt as good a shooter from 3 and quite frankley the heat dont need mid range shooters to clog up the lanes for lebron/wade/bosh.

So i see him riding the bench to prove he can be a team player and if he gets any playing time its because he works his *** off in practice. I see this more as a move for next year to have his bird rights because lets be honest Ray, Shane, and Lewis are probably retireing after this and the HEAT need some youth.

Essentially Beasley will be trated like a rookie again having to earn his playing time and not being guaranteed anything.

But at 25 he still can be a servicable reserve for the heat at worst. regardless if hes passionate about ball or not his natural talent will make him a decent serviceman off the bench for next year when we need the depth and replacement.

Optimistically:

He realizes this is his last chance to even make a roster again if he doesnt show the league he has changed and works his but off in practice and gets minutes to where he is a consistent part of the 2nd unit.

I disagree with Rashard being a better fit. Unlike all of our other 3pt shooters, Beasley can actually pump fake, go to the hole and finish above the rim. The Heat have a bunch of guys that can sit out and hit 3's, the only problem is, that is all they can do.(Allen Excluded) Sometimes when the Heat face a great team, like the Pacers/Spurs, those teams are trump tight on there rotations and noone can get an open three. And because none of them can put the ball on the floor and go to the hole, in those situations the Heat end up not getting a good shot. Beasley is a very skilled multidimensional player and the Heat need that. Beas just hasn't worked on his game since he left Miami.

Stunner
09-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Is that deadpool clip in your sig from a video game, tv show, or movie?

Video game

therealwd27
09-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I disagree with Rashard being a better fit. Unlike all of our other 3pt shooters, Beasley can actually pump fake, go to the hole and finish above the rim. The Heat have a bunch of guys that can sit out and hit 3's, the only problem is, that is all they can do.(Allen Excluded) Sometimes when the Heat face a great team, like the Pacers/Spurs, those teams are trump tight on there rotations and noone can get an open three. And because none of them can put the ball on the floor and go to the hole, in those situations the Heat end up not getting a good shot. Beasley is a very skilled multidimensional player and the Heat need that. Beas just hasn't worked on his game since he left Miami.

This.

Hoopsadvocate
09-11-2013, 06:21 PM

Not true thats just what they are told to do. Lewis didnt become an All star just from being a stand still shooter. The HEATs system needs them to do it because it spreads the floor if they were to pump fake and drive it in they would just collapse on him which is why the only guys that really do that are the big 3 because they can break down defenses (but then again bosh loses or gets stripped driving a lot too)

I rather have Beasley or any of the role players pass the ball to get it to lebron or wade to drive than to take it upon themselves. So Lewis is a better fit and he showed a few times he can put it on the floor and post it up like in his seattle days but im sure spo had a few words with him about not doing that so much because like i said they have lebron and wade for that.

Where Beasley can be better than rashard though is on D if he buys in. I say that because hes younger and more athletic and can help rotate faster as thatw as Lewis weak point and why he didnt get much PT. But that depends on Beasley buying into Defense.

In the end i think he will ride the bench and used spareingly and maybe resigned next season for cheap again. Which isnt bad as we will have a lot of holes to fill with UD getting old and 3-4 other guys being FA or retireing.

LayZbone
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM

I kinda get that same impression. He has all the tools: huge hands, ambidextrous, solid rebounder, versatile scorer.....but I think he cares more about having fun than working too hard. I hope Lebron tells him how much fun it is to win a championship, and that if he ever wants to redeem himself from being one of the biggest busts in history, he needs to take his head out of his ***. Something tells me Beasley's response would be somewhere along the lines of "fa sho", but in his head he'll be saying "I don't care what people think, stupid....i'm rich." That's the difference between him and someone like chalmers, who still makes a lot of mistakes, but prides himself on being a hard worker and a winner.

king4day
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Here's my take as a Suns fan.

For Miami, it's a good signing. As people mentioned, low risk, high reward. He is capable of scoring for sure.

The problem with him is, he has so many mental lapses. He doesn't know where to be on the court, he's not a smart defender, he doesn't take good shots, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmri0QZYKks

He couldn't get it together as 'the man' on an extremely low pressure situation in Phoenix, even when he received a ton of minutes. When he has a lack of consistent playing time, it will make it that much more difficult for him to figure things out.

Could it work? Of course, but he's already played with Wade and Chalmers as well as for Spo, so I don't know how much more a LeBron and Bosh would help.

I hope he signs the deal (guaranteed) because I want to shave the million plus off of the Suns remaining deal with him. After that, I could care less if he is rejuvenated and becomes a stud or if he fizzles out and finishes his career in China.

Pacerlive
09-11-2013, 06:33 PM
So him and Chris Anderson on the same team is a good thing?

The contact buzz alone will make the whole team fail the drug test.:D

Hoopsadvocate
I kinda get that same impression. He has all the tools: huge hands, ambidextrous, solid rebounder, versatile scorer.....but I think he cares more about having fun than working too hard. I hope Lebron tells him how much fun it is to win a championship, and that if he ever wants to redeem himself from being one of the biggest busts in history, he needs to take his head out of his ***. Something tells me Beasley's response would be somewhere along the lines of "fa sho", but in his head he'll be saying "I don't care what people think, stupid....i'm rich." That's the difference between him and someone like chalmers, who still makes a lot of mistakes, but prides himself on being a hard worker and a winner.

Yea im sure hes heard that lecture everywhere he went. The HEAT should jsut try re defineing his role on basketball because like Hawkeye said hes just not motivated to be the 2nd pick calibeur player but that doesnt mean he cannot be useful and play ball still.

There are plently of other important roles he can fill. I think one of the best might be UDs role where Beasley will be asked to be an enforcer who rebounds and hits the mid range at a high clip. UD used to be his mentor too and had his locker right next to him so it makes sense.

mrblisterdundee
Does anyone else wonder if Beasley or people close to him purposely set this up? He parties and smokes weed, gets kicked of a crappy team and gets to join the defending champions.

MrfadeawayJB
He's a cancer. I wouldn't sign him for more than the minimum

dodie53
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
don't blow it this time Beas

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Not true thats just what they are told to do. Lewis didnt become an All star just from being a stand still shooter. The HEATs system needs them to do it because it spreads the floor if they were to pump fake and drive it in they would just collapse on him which is why the only guys that really do that are the big 3 because they can break down defenses (but then again bosh loses or gets stripped driving a lot too)

I rather have Beasley or any of the role players pass the ball to get it to lebron or wade to drive than to take it upon themselves. So Lewis is a better fit and he showed a few times he can put it on the floor and post it up like in his seattle days but im sure spo had a few words with him about not doing that so much because like i said they have lebron and wade for that.

Where Beasley can be better than rashard though is on D if he buys in. I say that because hes younger and more athletic and can help rotate faster as thatw as Lewis weak point and why he didnt get much PT. But that depends on Beasley buying into Defense.

In the end i think he will ride the bench and used spareingly and maybe resigned next season for cheap again. Which isnt bad as we will have a lot of holes to fill with UD getting old and 3-4 other guys being FA or retireing.

No way. I don't buy this at all because Allen had a lot of success driving to the hole. and he did it all year. The point of Lebron drawing double teams and kicking it to someone is so they get a wide open shot. If a guy is closing to fast to get a shot, then a b-ball player should be able to take advantage of a guy sprinting at you and just step to the side and go by that person. Your saying you want them to wait, pass the ball to Bron, and have him go score. That does nothing for Lebron. He shouldn't have to put shoes on guys, tie the laces, and take them off for them too. Beasley wide open down the lane after beating a guy that overcommitted because of lebrons previous penetration is a great situation, and if lebron sees one of his teamates yamming down the lane, thats gonna make Bron happy that hes not the only one doing it, or the only one that can. You can't depend on Lebron for every drive to the hoop. And Ive seen both Rashard and Battier take it to the hole last year, and it wasn't pretty. Ray was the only one 3pt shooter they had who could effectively get to the hole too. If the rotations are tight, then they are gonna want there 3pt shooters to drive past the charging defensemen. Thats basketball man.

Hoopsadvocate
09-11-2013, 06:44 PM
No way. I don't buy this at all because Allen had a lot of success driving to the hole. and he did it all year. The point of Lebron drawing double teams and kicking it to someone is so they get a wide open shot. If a guy is closing to fast to get a shot, then a b-ball player should be able to take advantage of a guy sprinting at you and just step to the side and go by that person. Your saying you want them to wait, pass the ball to Bron, and have him go score. That does nothing for Lebron. He shouldn't have to put shoes on guys, tie the laces, and take them off for them too. Beasley wide open down the lane after beating a guy that overcommitted because of lebrons previous penetration is a great situation, and if lebron sees one of his teamates yamming down the lane, thats gonna make Bron happy that hes not the only one doing it, or the only one that can. You can't depend on Lebron for every drive to the hoop. And Ive seen both Rashard and Battier take it to the hole last year, and it wasn't pretty. Ray was the only one 3pt shooter they had who could effectively get to the hole too. If the rotations are tight, then they are gonna want there 3pt shooters to drive past the charging defensemen. Thats basketball man.

!st bold: Nope i want them to move the ball for the best available shot. Beasley as SUns and Minny fans have also attest to doesnt take the most high % shots hes kind of a chucker. And he dsoent have the best handles to drive which is why its left to the guards like Norris, chalmers, wade, lebron, or ray (bosh is the only exception and we see how he gets stripped 40% of the time)

Like i said Lewis was a All star beasley hasnt even gotten close to that. And they are like the 11 and 12th man so this is liekly a mute discussion. But low risk high reward indeed.

ryang
09-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Lewis is better then Beasley? Lmao. Look Beasley isn't a god but he's most certaint better then reshad. And to the people thinking he won't help the Heat well what can I say but stop smoking that ****

MTar786
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
they're going to 3peat for sure now

Heater4life
09-11-2013, 07:03 PM
If he cant find a role on this team, his NBA career is done. He is surrounded by a winning organization, top tier teammates, and familiarity with Riley, Spo, Wade, Chalmers, Haslem. If he doesnt play smart, hes not seeing the floor. He wont be a chucker because he wont get the playing if thats the case.

archdevil84
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
i wasnt sure about this signing at the beginning but after reading all of your comments it made me believe it is a good move. Hopefully he can help miami taking a little pressure of bosh and james and provide a solid bench scorer/defender.

lakersiznumber1
09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
i think we should just crown the heats from now lol dont see anybody betting them now with beasley

Ethix11
09-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Beasely isn't a heel either. I also believe this is his wake up call to grow up and take control of his career. If it works, think about how good it makes Riley look that they gave him a second chance when the former #2 overall wasen't worthy enough to be part of the championship culture Pheonix was trying to build. If it doesn't then thanks for trying. But Miami is going to need him with Brooklyn, Chicago, and Indiana breathing down their necks.

jp611
09-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Michael Beasley the reason the Heat 3peat :laugh:

LMAO

Kashmir13579
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Battier is coming back next season, no? He's a veracious locker room guy and smart a player as they come. Maybe some of that can rub off on Beasley. Just another reason i think this is potentially a good fit.

True Sports Fan
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Denies Beasley.

Signs Beasley.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Battier is coming back next season, no? He's a veracious locker room guy and smart a player as they come. Maybe some of that can rub off on Beasley. Just another reason i think this is potentially a good fit.

Battier retired I believe

Stunner
09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Shane is still thinking about it but could be .

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
So let me get this straight. Beasley sucks and gets worse everywhere but James Jones and Joel Anthony are more deserving of a roster spot. Gotcha. Makes plenty of sense.

ryang
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Battier retired I believe

Na. He has not retired

J4KOP99
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Good move for Miami. Not much to lose and if Beasley can find himself, that would be a huge addition.

You'd think guys like ray Allen as wade will be able to keep him in check. That's not a slight to Lebron but I just see those other 2 guys as better player managers

Ethix11
09-11-2013, 09:26 PM
You can believe Beasley will get an earful from LeBron from time to time like he does Chalmers.

All-In
09-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Unless Beas starts playing defense he won’t see the court…ever

Dade County
09-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Beasely & Oden won a championship this upcoming season (and they actually contributed) ... I mean that would be one of the best, feel good sports stories of the year (i don't know if KD & rose fans would like it, but everyone else might (of course not HEAT or Lbj haters)) .

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Does anyone else wonder if Beasley or people close to him purposely set this up? He parties and smokes weed, gets kicked of a crappy team and gets to join the defending champions.

Gotta admit, this crossed my mind. Like Pat set it up though.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Lewis is better then Beasley? Lmao. Look Beasley isn't a god but he's most certaint better then reshad. And to the people thinking he won't help the Heat well what can I say but stop smoking that ****

This

beasted86
09-11-2013, 10:48 PM
As a Heat fan these are moments that i will relish, Pat Rileys efforts must not be taken for granted.
This does not mean anything, with Oden and Beasley not guaranteed to succeed in Miami. I find it impressive how Riley just continues adding and retooling the Heat. I dont believe Ive seen any organization do this as consistently as the Heat over the past 4 years. If successful, Oden and Beasley addtions can be that youth that Miami lacked behind the big 3.

I agree completely.

I said that I didn't think Beasley had what it takes to be a professional on a championship team, but Pat Riley believes otherwise... and guess what? I never question The Godfather. If Riley said so, I believe it. He is not a perfect GM, but this guy is underrated by many fans of other teams. He is the reason we kept Wade and got LeBron and Bosh and has built this great roster that keeps improving every year.

So to sum up the off season:

-Miller
-Howard
+Beasley
+Oden

Not bad, not bad at all.

beasted86
09-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Also, do you guys think with Beasley on the roster (if he is dedicated) the Heat will have more continuity among the reserves? If productive within his skill set, can he fill Bosh's flex foward role on offense, providing needed spacing while Bosh rests?

I don't really like Beasley+Bosh unless we are playing certain teams because that is a poor rebounding front court without toughness. But I can grow to really like Anderson + Beasley off the bench. Nice combo of offense/defense, finesse/hustle.

10 man rotation:

PG: Chalmers / Cole
SG: Wade / Allen
SF: LeBron / Battier
PF: Haslem / Beasley
C:: Bosh / Andersen

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 11:06 PM
I want to see these two lineups in the game when it matters. Which means I want Beas and Oden playing well enough to warrant such lineups.

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Beasley
PF Bosh
C Oden

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Allen
PF Beasley
C Bosh

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I want to see these two lineups in the game a lot.

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Beasley
PF Bosh
C Oden

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Allen
PF Beasley
C Bosh

The first one is jaw dropping, amazing. Really wish OKC picked him up.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 11:10 PM
I want to see these two lineups in the game when it matters. Which means I want Beas and Oden playing well enough to warrant such lineups.

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Beasley
PF Bosh
C Oden

PG Lebron
SG Wade
SF Allen
PF Beasley
C Bosh

If Beasley and Oden can both play well (within there capabilities of course) the Heat will really slaughter the league this year. And Bron will stay for sure.

Stunner
09-11-2013, 11:12 PM
A lot of people downplaying this signing of Beasley because they think he's a lost cause and isn't a good player at all . I'm been only posting my opinion on the what if situations . This signing should be taken lightly like most are doing especially of they get thru to him , that's what scaring me about this team. Only a few teams can take this type of risk signing ; have to have the coach and locker room presence . They have both , it's up to mike to buy in and if he doesn't then he's done for .

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 11:19 PM
A lot of people downplaying this signing of Beasley because they think he's a lost cause and isn't a good player at all . I'm been only posting my opinion on the what if situations . This signing should be taken lightly like most are doing especially of they get thru to him , that's what scaring me about this team. Only a few teams can take this type of risk signing ; have to have the coach and locker room presence . They have both , it's up to mike to buy in and if he doesn't then he's done for .

Spot on. Miami won't be "ruined" if this turns out to be a fail. Beasley came wanting to play for Miami. He knows the situation coming in - so does Miami. One mistake and you can best believe Beasley will be done because of his contract. What I really don't understand is why people think Heat are just an average team. They know what they have to do to make everything work. Check back all the way to signing James and Co. Take it back to Battier, Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Chris Andersen, and Greg Oden. Back at ISH, not a lot of people agreed with the Chris Andersen signing. What do you know? Greg Oden, if he's not playing, he'll be sitting in the bench like Juwan Howard was doing. No risk. So yes, James is their long term goal and he probably wants Beasley on the team.

rex.reyesiii
09-11-2013, 11:22 PM
LOL wait wait. (I read somewhere 2 pages ago...)

Spo tells the other 4 players on the court just wait for lebron to pass them the ball and stand still but should be in a good position for a Shot?

What? :D

tredigs
09-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Zero reason to trust either Oden or Beasely, but it's definitely the most fun "what if" combo going and keep the defending champs very interesting.

Max.This
09-11-2013, 11:39 PM
great news. In the playoffs Lebron averages 42 minutes per game. To see Beasley sub in for him is a great sign for the rest of the eastern conference.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Zero reason to trust either Oden or Beasely, but it's definitely the most fun "what if" combo going and keep the defending champs very interesting.

I'd say 50/50 with Beasley at minimum. I personally feel its about a 95% chance that Beasley is going to be a success. With his level of talent, playing on the court with Lebron, Wade and Bosh...to me its almost impossible for a guy of his ability to play with those three and not play well.

unleashthebeast
09-11-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm so happy :dance2:

I have always had an irrational love for Beasley. So glad to see him back. I don't expect much at all but damn, if he can give us anything I will be happy.

Tony_Starks
09-12-2013, 12:00 AM
People think B Easy is some kind of cancer or washed up just because he keeps getting caught. He still has game and for the first time ever NO pressure. Anything he gives is a bonus.

He is at some point going to be in a Rick Ross video faded though, count on it!!!!!

Stunner
09-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Beasley was on this game http://youtu.be/IKRDCQnUZIM

MTar786
09-12-2013, 12:14 AM
wait battier is retiring? if this is the case then miami wont win it all next season imo.

Stunner
09-12-2013, 12:21 AM
wait battier is retiring? if this is the case then miami wont win it all next season imo.

Naw they still would

J$mo0th_3o5
09-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Battier isn't retiring.

tredigs
09-12-2013, 12:34 AM
I'd say 50/50 with Beasley at minimum. I personally feel its about a 95% chance that Beasley is going to be a success. With his level of talent, playing on the court with Lebron, Wade and Bosh...to me its almost impossible for a guy of his ability to play with those three and not play well.

He's a complete moron with famously terrible work ethic. Unless he undergoes a transformation, I'd temper expectations a bit.

bearadonisdna
09-12-2013, 12:39 AM
This is why the bulls dont sign players.

ryang
09-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Who came up with this battier retiring theme? Non sence

IKnowHoops
09-12-2013, 12:58 AM
He's a complete moron with famously terrible work ethic. Unless he undergoes a transformation, I'd temper expectations a bit.

We'll agree to disagree then for now.

Bostonjorge
09-12-2013, 01:09 AM
So lebron don't commit to the heat so they sign Beasley. Maybe heat see the writing on the wall about lebron's future. Heat have a good replacement in place after next year in Beasley.

Oden
Bosh
Beasley
Wade
Chalmers

Coming soon?

Stunner
09-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Who came up with this battier retiring theme? Non sence

It's nonsense* lol because there is an article from two days ago saying he's still thinking about it . But as of now he hasn't made a decision and is still a go for camp .

tredigs
09-12-2013, 01:16 AM
We'll agree to disagree then for now.

Always an option haha. I wish the kid luck in getting his mind straight, there's no doubt he's got the talent in him.

Funny how polar opposite of a scenario him and Oden are.

ryang
09-12-2013, 01:32 AM
It's nonsense* lol because there is an article from two days ago saying he's still thinking about it . But as of now he hasn't made a decision and is still a go for camp .

I read articles all the time. More then half of them are ********. Got a link to something coming from battiers mouth saying "I might retire"??? I'd like to see that. Sunshine network and all battiers interviews since we won saying he's looking forward to this year but for now he's drinking bud light relaxing before camp tell me otherwise. 560 our sports talk radio show interviews him all the time and in each interview he talks about him being ready for a 3 peat. You got something legit from his mouth let me know.

UPRock
09-12-2013, 01:34 AM
I hate this, He's going to make more stupid stuff, just watch.

dee279
09-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Yay woohoo! Now i can root for him again.

ryang
09-12-2013, 01:36 AM
I hate this, He's going to make more stupid stuff, just watch.

What? Lmfao.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2013, 01:47 AM
What? Lmfao.

This

PurpleLynch
09-12-2013, 06:27 AM
People dismissing him as a pot head didn't watch him in college. Immense talent. He needs to stop acting like a douche and he could be an All-Star.

PurpleLynch
09-12-2013, 06:28 AM
"Offensively, I've been a big believer in him, I just think he can score. I said it two years ago: I think one day he may lead the league in scoring. He has a Carmelo Anthony ability to score the ball. He's a matchup problem every night, He has quickness and a shot at that size. That makes him tough to guard." -Doc Rivers. Surely he has a better knowledge on bball players than us.

ldawg
09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Heat best move of the off season. Just to think what they are paying for him.

ldawg
09-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Miami just became must see tv in my house.

KingstonHawke
09-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Still think that they should be trying to trade Wade while he still has value. Could probably get Curry and Thompson from the Warriors if they flipped Chalmers and Cole picks, included those and cash.

Curry, Allen, Thompson, James, Bosh is a hell of a starting 5. And so is Wade, Iggy, Barnes, Lee, Bogut.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Very solid pick up, definitely can help contribute.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Still think that they should be trying to trade Wade while he still has value. Could probably get Curry and Thompson from the Warriors if they flipped Chalmers and Cole picks, included those and cash.

Curry, Allen, Thompson, James, Bosh is a hell of a starting 5. And so is Wade, Iggy, Barnes, Lee, Bogut.

:laugh2:

:drunk:

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm kind of confused. Back in the thread where Beasley might come back to South Beach, I saw a lot of Heat fans, if not most, posting saying they were against it and it would be a terrible signing. I even saw some Heat fans saying that LEWIS is better than Beasley.

So have you guys done a complete 180 now and think it's a good signing?

Stunner
09-12-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm kind of confused. Back in the thread where Beasley might come back to South Beach, I saw a lot of Heat fans, if not most, posting saying they were against it and it would be a terrible signing. I even saw some Heat fans saying that LEWIS is better than Beasley.

Bingo

SteBO
09-12-2013, 11:11 AM

Considering the money involved, I understand why they would do a 180 here. I'm indifferent to this news, but if he can contribute off the bench and not be so self-absorbed, then you surely won't here me complain haha.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Considering the money involved, I understand why they would do a 180 here. I'm indifferent to this news, but if he can contribute off the bench and not be so self-absorbed, then you surely won't here me complain haha.

Well, I figured most people knew it would be a cheap signing. He can definitely help and with LeBron and Wade, you know they won't let Beasley act up or slack at all. Like I said, solid signing, he is definitely going to improve that bench.

dee279
09-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Lewis better then Beasley? Ooo my fellow heat fans. Some of them are really like a corn on the foot.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Lewis better then Beasley? Ooo my fellow heat fans. Some of them are really like a corn on the foot.

Lol, yeah I was baffled when I saw those posts.

beasted86
09-12-2013, 11:48 AM

Well for a recap here's what I personally said:

I don't want him, but if the HEAT sign him I would have no choice but to root for the kid again.

He has some talents, but I feel his head isn't where it needs to be to take on a role and help a team defend it's title. If there is a team that would keep him on a short leash and disciplined it would be the HEAT or Spurs though.

I just think the article is reaching though. Can't see them bringing Beasley back with all his off court issues and disregarding the hard work and professionalism that Battier and Haslem show and him taking their minutes.

So now that hes is on the HEAT again, we are going to root for him of course. Also like I said, I expect the HEAT to keep him disciplined and in line. If he is able to prove that he is worthy of minutes over Battier and Haslem through hard work and effort, then let him play. Furthermore, I think all HEAT fans here trust The Godfather. If he says that Beasley is worth the risk then we trust him above everything else.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Well for a recap here's what I personally said:

So now that hes is on the HEAT again, we are going to root for him of course. Also like I said, I expect the HEAT to keep him disciplined and in line. If he is able to prove that he is worthy of minutes over Battier and Haslem through hard work and effort, then let him play. Furthermore, I think all HEAT fans here trust The Godfather. If he says that Beasley is worth the risk then we trust him above everything else.

I can respect that.

colinskik
09-12-2013, 12:19 PM

This. But with a less conspiracy theorist angle.

Miami is where he started career, had his best seasons as a pro, and where he spends his off seasons. I'm sure people around the league know he wants to be in MIA and/or never wanted to leave.

Perhaps a return to his former stomping grounds give him the motivated and dedication to regain his old form. Or he can embrace the party culture fully and fall even deeper into the dregs of the league.

colinskik
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM

His shot selection was atrocious, it just so happens his shot was falling that night. How many long 2s did he take that were either a step in front of the 3pt line or highly contested.

Plus, the form on his shot looks jacked up.

beasted86
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM

He's never going to take half of these shots with Miami. Most of these were low efficiency shots.

Hes going to get back to basics and play to his strengths with Miami. Pick and pop/roll off the guard/LeBron pass, transition scoring, iso post up on smaller SFs, spread iso-faceup against bigger slower PFs, and he won't be taking many 3s unless they are in the corners.

He won't be initiating his offense 30 feet from the basket then pulling up for long contested jumpers like he was here or he will be benched.

GiantsSwaGG
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know if he's friends with Lil Wanye? If he is, this is a bad move

smith&wesson
09-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Great pick up for the heat. If any one can get the most out of beasly its riley, lebron, & wade.

Stunner
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Only reason why Mike left the Heat is because they wanted to make a run at Lebron . I don't blame them , if Lebron stayed with the Cavs Beasley prob would have still been there and prob would have hit free agency a year ago .

Lidz
09-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Only reason why Mike left the Heat is because they wanted to make a run at Lebron . I don't blame them , if Lebron stayed with the Cavs Beasley prob would have still been there and prob would have hit free agency a year ago .

I think the Beas trade was to clear up more cap space to grab Mike Miller, not LBJ. But I agree, if LBJ had stayed in CLE, i think Beas would have never been traded. Crazy though, Beas traded and Miller signs, two chips later and several health questions about Miller, Miller is gone and Beas is back. It's like Pat plans this stuff.

Dade County
09-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Thank you for noticing that...smh

One of them even said, since Pat thinks it's ok, then it must be a good move; but that poster didn't want him here before the fact.

I just don't understand people... Learn to think for yourselves.

Beasley is going to have his best year, this upcoming season.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Thank you for noticing that...smh

One of them even said, since Pat thinks it's ok, then it must be a good move; but that poster didn't want him here before the fact.

I just don't understand people... Learn to think for yourselves.

Beasley is going to have his best year, this upcoming season.

This.

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Lebron needs all the help he can get, he needs to have a top 3 team all time to win a ring.

Tony_Starks
09-12-2013, 06:17 PM
This will be the easiest hoops he's ever played in his life. Suns were garbage. Wolves were hot garbage. Now he's on a actual squad. If he can come off the bench and hit his open J's and finish off the break its money.

I can see him and Ray running a nice pick and pop...

Heater4life
09-12-2013, 06:48 PM
I just cant wait to see him out there on such a talented team. Overall I think this signing is being over looked due to his off court issue (with reason), but on the court it is still a very talented, athletic 24 year old coming of the bench for the Miami Heat.

D-Leethal
09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I honestly don't think adding completely different dynamics into a back-to-back champion is a prudent move. If I was Miami I would force this team to show me they cannot three peat before adding a one dimensional, medicore isolation scorer and a 7 foot post anchor. It just goes against everything the Heat have done these past to championship seasons - spacing, small ball, surround LeBron with nothing but quick decision efficient shooters. Now you throw a guy who wants to hold the ball and iso you up, and add a guy who's gonna park in the paint and can't space the floor. Why so much change to a proven formula? Gotta stay one step ahead of the curve I guess.....

ATX
09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Lebron needs all the help he can get, he needs to have a top 3 team all time to win a ring.

OMG dude, again with this tired diatribe...Get a life.

:violin:

beasted86
09-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I honestly don't think adding completely different dynamics into a back-to-back champion is a prudent move. If I was Miami I would force this team to show me they cannot three peat before adding a one dimensional, medicore isolation scorer and a 7 foot post anchor. It just goes against everything the Heat have done these past to championship seasons - spacing, small ball, surround LeBron with nothing but quick decision efficient shooters. Now you throw a guy who wants to hold the ball and iso you up, and add a guy who's gonna park in the paint and can't space the floor. Why so much change to a proven formula? Gotta stay one step ahead of the curve I guess.....

I'm pretty sure Oden will not be part of the regular rotation and will be used as a specialist much like Joel Anthony was to defend Hibbert and some of the other Centers come playoff time. For reference Anthony played 9 minutes per game and only 62. The minutes seem right, but I don't see them playing Oden 62 games, it will be a lot less even if he is healthy.

Beasley on the other hand won't be used anything like he was in Phoenix or Minny. He shot 47% his rookie season for a good reason. Spo knows how to limit and discipline Beasley.

Chronz
09-12-2013, 07:02 PM

When you need an upgrade, you NEED an upgrade. Might as well try and find one, not like these moves cant be cut off if they aren't working.

ryang
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM

Hate Lebron all you want. I'm just glad to hear people consider one of my sports teams as a top 3 team all time. Nice.

ryang
09-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Beasley at this price on this team cannot be considered a bad move. He's going to produce for this team
End of story

beasted86
09-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Hate Lebron all you want. I'm just glad to hear people consider one of my sports teams as a top 3 team all time. Nice.
+1

therealwd27
09-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Beasley will be an impact player. Going against LeBron in practice every day and Shane he will improve. First class Vets up and down Heat roster.

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-12-2013, 07:30 PM
OMG dude, again with this tired diatribe...Get a life.

:violin:
The truth hurts sometimes, And trust me, my life is great. How's your laughable degree doing?

I don't hate Lebron, just the kids that claim him the be god. Lebron is the most over rated athlete of all time. He needed Ray Allen too hit the most clutch shot in history to keep him from a 1-3 finals record and another choke job.

ryang
09-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Plenty of superstars had finals games that were saved by role players knocking down threes. It's called a team and however my team wins a championship is fine with me. I don't bother defending Lebron. I could care less I just want the Miami Heat to win rings

ryang
09-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Overrated underrated who cares as long as my team wins.

ATX
09-12-2013, 08:06 PM

D-Leethal
09-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Plenty of superstars had finals games that were saved by role players knocking down threes. It's called a team and however my team wins a championship is fine with me. I don't bother defending Lebron. I could care less I just want the Miami Heat to win rings

MJ the GOAT had it happen twice by two short, dweeby looking white boys. There has never been a championship won in any sport that didn't heavily involve many a good fortune (or luck) heading their way.

Kashmir13579
09-12-2013, 08:11 PM

By "people", you mean Kobe fans.

koreancabbage
09-12-2013, 08:12 PM
The truth hurts sometimes, And trust me, my life is great. How's your laughable degree doing?

I don't hate Lebron, just the kids that claim him the be god. Lebron is the most over rated athlete of all time. He needed Ray Allen too hit the most clutch shot in history to keep him from a 1-3 finals record and another choke job.

only if you believe that. his wins/shares says differently.

He's the best player on the planet right now. I'm sure Jordan had the same fan fare when he was at his peak and there were people like you saying the same old thing. history repeats itself.

koreancabbage
09-12-2013, 08:12 PM
By "people", you mean Kobe fans.

you mean haters of Lebron-nut-huggers

lol

camador22
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
MJ the GOAT had it happen twice by two short, dweeby looking white boys. There has never been a championship won in any sport that didn't heavily involve many a good fortune (or luck) heading their way.

Exactly, how many times did Horry and Fisher save Kobe from winning a championship by a big shot at the buzzer. Its basketball, big and crazy shots happen all the time. You can claim if it weren't for Parker's huge shot on his knees that the Heat could've ended it earlier.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Haha true. I wish I could say the same for my Knicks. :(

Dade County
09-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Why not number 1? Let me guess Mj bulls have that spot; but would that mean by your logic that Mj needed all the help in the word plus refs.

**** if everyone agrees, I'll be happy to say that the HEAT are the greatest team ever... I don't give a **** about Lbj needing help, all I care about is the HEAT organization winning rings.

Lbj is a con-artist anyway.

ldawg
09-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Tip my hat to Pat he is making a great legacy. He had show time in LA as a coach and he took it to Miami as coach/gm. This heat team have great potential and looking forward to seeing them on the hardwood I hope they all stay healthy.

Zefflin
09-12-2013, 10:28 PM

hahaha awesome because it's true

Bostonjorge
09-13-2013, 01:24 AM
It's official now lebron has the most help ever. Not the best team ever but compared to the rest of the league lebron has the most help then any player EVER. He will still have trouble in the playoffs somehow. First player to have his hand held to a title.

U take James off the heat and there still a contender. You take off wade and lebron demands trade all year.

ryang
09-13-2013, 01:42 AM
I hope there all holding hands getting ready to deliver a 3 peat. Different priorities I guess. Must suck for you ray finkles.

FlashBolt
09-13-2013, 01:52 AM
It's official now lebron has the most help ever. Not the best team ever but compared to the rest of the league lebron has the most help then any player EVER. He will still have trouble in the playoffs somehow. First player to have his hand held to a title.

U take James off the heat and there still a contender. You take off wade and lebron demands trade all year.

To realistic NBA fans: The best team wins and usually the best team has the best player.

To you: Disclaimer: LeBron James is not allowed to win without a team or else it would be invalid.

beasted86
09-13-2013, 02:13 AM
When you need an upgrade, you NEED an upgrade. Might as well try and find one, not like these moves cant be cut off if they aren't working.

To be honest NBA fans better PRAY these moves don't work out.

Most of them have either openly hoped or predicted that the HEAT's championship window would close as guys got old and retired/declined. If you inject a 24yr old Beasley along with 25 yr old Oden, if it works out, the championship window is blown wide open again.

IKnowHoops
09-13-2013, 02:21 AM

No this isn't an excuse man. It has been stated on here many times by those who are for the Beasley coming that it was no risk for the min. And the not for Beas people consensus is that he was a cancer and could mess up the locker room. Money had nothing to do with it, there was no bargain price they would accept. And not one person said for the right price that was against it. Just say "those Heat fans just ride with the Heat and always think positive and if they think its wrong and the Heat do it, they will quickly convince themselves that its now the right thing so they can ride for Pat."

ddt
09-13-2013, 02:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if MIA 3-peated...

But who knows.........

IKnowHoops
09-13-2013, 02:34 AM

No. Bulls added Ron harper and Tony Kukoch and then played there best basketball.

Also they already have proven to themselves that they can't 3peat when during game six every heat player knew they were going to loose. They kept trying and they got super lucky and won the game, but they had the feeling of being eliminated for about 1-2 minutes so they know they need some help. And with Oden, they are trying to address the inside. If you get outrebounded every single game, just because you win those games doesn't mean you still don't try to get better in your weakest areas. Bosh can't play center from the 2nd round on in the playoffs. If its not Bosh its gonna be Birdman or Joel. An Oden that can play is an upgrade over both of them. Beasley just dropped into there lap and just gives them great overall depth. They can really get guys rest now.

Heater4life
09-13-2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sntJ0tfgs

Playing for the Heat Beasley had better shot selection. 8/13 of his made shots in this 30pt outing were either solid midrange jumpers or takes to the basket. 5 of the shots were long range jumpers just shy of 3pt range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=841U5P4Qytg

In Minnesota on a 42 point outing 7/17 made shots were effective midrange shots or drives. While 10 shots came from a less efficient range.

Its a small sample size, but in Miami I believe Beasley was guided to have better shot selection regardless of his tendencies to jack up ineffective, long range jumpers. Add in his new role on deeply talented team, I believe his limited opportunities will produce a more effective shot selection and overall better efficiency.

This is another example of Beasley taking more effective shots. Doesnt speak for every game he played in a Heat unifrom, but more so what will be expected of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97GOILkRM8U

2-ONE-5
09-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Oh my goodness,my hope for the Lakers to get him are gone. Now the Heat are stacked. Coming off the bench:Beasley,Allen,Cole,Oden(if he can play),Andersen,Battier,Anthony,Haslem.They're frickin deep right now. They have also a decent replace for Lebron at Sf(Beasley).

Beasley is a bum he doesnt improve them in any way until proven otherwise

Stunner
09-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Beasley is a bum he doesnt improve them in any way until proven otherwise

Beasley > Howard and ill play sometimes Mike Miller

2-ONE-5
09-13-2013, 04:42 PM
not really can Beasley motivate the team the Howard has reportedly done?

mrblisterdundee
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't really like Beasley+Bosh unless we are playing certain teams because that is a poor rebounding front court without toughness. But I can grow to really like Anderson + Beasley off the bench. Nice combo of offense/defense, finesse/hustle.

10 man rotation:

PG: Chalmers / Cole
SG: Wade / Allen
SF: LeBron / Battier
PF: Haslem / Beasley
C:: Bosh / Andersen

If it's small ball, Beasley and Bosh would be great together. I also think Beasley, if he can learn from the greats, will be a nice replacement if Bosh has to go for salary reasons. And if James bolts, I guess Miami won't be down to nothing.

flea
09-13-2013, 05:18 PM
How on earth could Beasley replace Bosh? That's laughable.

IKnowHoops
09-14-2013, 08:24 AM
not really can Beasley motivate the team the Howard has reportedly done?

Dude, your statements about Okafor in your sig are ridiculous. Do you really believe that or are u making fun of Abynum sucks. Those have gotta be the most ridic statements I've heard on psd

amos1er
09-15-2013, 09:50 PM

Yes. Lebron definitely stacked the deck in his favor. It's not even fun to watch because the odds are so in his favor. He has taken the sport out of basketball.

ryang
09-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I thought the finals were pretty dam good. Didn't you say it took a miracle from Jesus to win?

koreancabbage
09-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes. Lebron definitely stacked the deck in his favor. It's not even fun to watch because the odds are so in his favor. He has taken the sport out of basketball.

yes, cuz what he does on the court has nothing to do with the game of basketball. If anything, watching how the Heat play and how the ball moves is the beauty of the sport.

Now you may say they are stacked beyond any team you have seen but with such great talent, all you're going to see is great basketball.

and I like how you say how Lebron has stacked the odds. what did he do? honestly. other than sign with the Heat

dnl123
09-17-2013, 01:48 PM

You're mentally challenged, and so is DELUSIONIST246810timesdumberthananyoneelseonthissi te

Chronz
09-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Feel free to respond to the quotes delusionist has ignored

Delrayhc
09-17-2013, 06:27 PM

Would you and your bff illusionist be saying that if the Howard and Nash thing worked out with your little buddy? Probably not stone caster.

kdspurman
10-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Michael Beasley made his preseason debut for the Heat in a 112-107 road victory over the Pistons on Thursday, tallying nine points, two rebounds and, reportedly, one massive headache.

The Miami Herald reports that Beasley enjoyed a successful night overall, minus a little over-eager self-discipline.

Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer.

Oh Beasley...

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/11/michael-beasley-punch-self-head-miami-heat/

justinnum1
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM

:dance:

justinnum1
10-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Would you and your bff illusionist be saying that if the Howard and Nash thing worked out with your little buddy? Probably not stone caster.

LMAO. way to shut that fool up

therealwd27
10-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Can we ban people for stupidity? I can think of 2 immediate posters

therealwd27
10-11-2013, 12:02 PM

Did LeBron sleep with your mom/girl/sister? Or run over your dog?

ATX
10-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Are we in for another whole season of crap from Amos1er and Illusionist?

Mods I implore you to please keep their trolling under controll.

FlashBolt
10-11-2013, 01:15 PM

Here we go, the guy who claims basketball is fixed when LJ wins, but when Kobe wins, it is because of how great he is. Give it a rest, who's paying you to make such inane statements? I bet you were having fun at LeBron's expense when Spurs were up 5 with 28 seconds to go. Or how about when LAL snagged Howard and Nash? And please don't lie and pretend that you were against signing Howard and Nash. About 99% of Lakers fans were begging for more help for Kobe since it was evident that Kobe couldn't win without a new and rebuffed roster. For all your accusations, there never seems to be one for Kobe. I really wonder, are you one of the kids back then who probably thought you were good but got dunked on by LJ? I really can't see why you aspire to hate someone as much as you do. It's as if your mother brought you along just so you can grow up and type nonsense about someone who doesn't even know you exist.