PDA

View Full Version : AV's Message To The Team ''Clean Slate: Grab It''

IAmARanger18
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
12:28PM: (9/11/13) The Rangers have handed out t shirts that read “Clean Slate: Grab it.”

8:33AM: (9/10/13)In a chat with the Rangers website, Alain Vigneault explained what the biggest message he was going to relay to his players when they sit down for meetings when training camp starts.

Vigneault said, “Real simple….clean slate. Everyone has a clean slate, grab it, you can decide what you want written on that slate. It’s blank and now it’s up to you to go on the ice, perform, be a good teammate, help your teammates become better and conduct yourself n a professional way.”

AV has said before that everyone on the team has a clean slate.

www.snyrangersblog.com

I love it, new coach, new system, clean slate, go and grab it baby!! We want the cup!!

SLY WILLIAMS
09-11-2013, 03:15 PM
www.snyrangersblog.com

I love it, new coach, new system, clean slate, go and grab it baby!! We want the cup!!

I bet most if not all the players liked that kind of positive attitude as well.

IAmARanger18
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I bet most if not all the players liked that kind of positive attitude as well.

I sure hope so, can't wait for the season to start. So ready for some Rangers hockey.

J4KOP99
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
And here's my message to av:

Lead this team to a Stanley cup you son of a *****

NYSPORTS98
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Odd? Was everybody wrong and in the doghouse with management? Clean slate?

bsi
09-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I think they may as well have just passed the shirts to Richards and DelZotto. I really think that AV realizes the importance of those two guys playing well to the success of the franchise. I really hope MDZ grabs a hold of this and becomes the player we saw his rookie season.

fingerbang
09-12-2013, 12:12 AM
I think they may as well have just passed the shirts to Richards and DelZotto. I really think that AV realizes the importance of those two guys playing well to the success of the franchise. I really hope MDZ grabs a hold of this and becomes the player we saw his rookie season.

Del Zotto had as much freedom as any dman in the league last year.

nyr2002nyr
09-12-2013, 08:00 AM

No but last coach had everyone walking on eggshells

runnermjr1296
09-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Really excited for some terrific hockey,got a nice gift yesterday that will be the down payment on my NHL centre ice package :)

NYSPORTS98
09-12-2013, 10:38 AM
No need to panic this early as both Callahan and Hagelin are still healing, Stephan is holding out, Staal has blurred vision, Lundy's contract isn't a distraction . . . yet while Richards must remain healthy to preserve the future buyout.

Wonder what hole Sather is on at the Golf Course.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I saw some of the players wearing the shirts. I think this is a nice small attempt for the team to bond. I like it.

Redfish
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
No but last coach had everyone walking on eggshells

I think within the team and management ranks, there is a clear understanding the players, by and large, did not perform to expectations last season. If you recall, the team had to go on a run of wins toward the end of the season to narrowly qualify for the playoffs. Prior to that, this team was inconsistent and lacking complete effort. While it is now convenient to allocate blame to the coach, AV's message to the team was a good recognition of saying last year was a disappointment; the players share accountability in that, but it now does not matter -- seize the opportunity and clean slate that comes with a new coach.

It's about all AV could do and was appropriate as a starting point. I personally am of the view Tortorella was fully prepared to make a run for the Cup last summer, and the players were not. But, hey, opinions are worth a dime a doze, right?

But to answer your questions above, that's how I understand it.

Edit: sorry, I replied with wrong quote; was meant for the following quote from NYSPORTS98):

IAmARanger18
09-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Richards knows he was horrible last year and lost the trust of his coach and teammates. He is going to bounce back this season and DZ will finally hit his true potential this year. Hopefully he becomes that PP QB we know he could be.

bsi
09-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Del Zotto had as much freedom as any dman in the league last year.

Freedom until you give up the puck once and then you yelled at coming to the bench or planted to it. That works for some players but not MDZ. I bet he looks more comfortable this year without that weighing on him. Our biggest problem was D depth though, the top 4 had to play too much and a it left the skaters tired physically and mentally. With Staal back and a full year of Moore we should be good in that regard so MDZ and McDonagh will be fresher when they are on the ice, those two guys have good wheels and if they are fresh they'll be moving, and hopefully Moore does the same.

Redfish
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Freedom until you give up the puck once and then you yelled at coming to the bench or planted to it. That works for some players but not MDZ. I bet he looks more comfortable this year without that weighing on him. Our biggest problem was D depth though, the top 4 had to play too much and a it left the skaters tired physically and mentally. With Staal back and a full year of Moore we should be good in that regard so MDZ and McDonagh will be fresher when they are on the ice, those two guys have good wheels and if they are fresh they'll be moving, and hopefully Moore does the same.

Del Zotto would be a much less professional and effective player, in my view, had he not played for Tortorella the past 3+ seasons. There aren't many better coaches in the NHL to extract full value out of a majority of his players. Count me as one who thinks Del Zotto's development is all within his own control.

bsi
09-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Freedom until you give up the puck once and then you yelled at coming to the bench or planted to it. That works for some players but not MDZ. I bet he looks more comfortable this year without that weighing on him. Our biggest problem was D depth though, the top 4 had to play too much and a it left the skaters tired physically and mentally. With Staal back and a full year of Moore we should be good in that regard so MDZ and McDonagh will be fresher when they are on the ice, those two guys have good wheel8s and if they are fresh they'll be moving, and hopefully Moore does the same.

Del Zotto would be a much less professional and effective player, in my view, had he not played for Tortorella the past 3+ seasons. There aren't many better coaches in the NHL to extract full value out of a majority of his players. Count me as one who thinks Del Zotto's development is all within his own control.

I dont disagree that DelZotto's defensive and physical game improved because of Tortorella, however I think Torts missed the mark on an effective way to get the most out of a player who was obviously an offensive defenseman. His rookie year he was more comfortable with carrying the puck and he seems to have lost his confidence the last couple years. Hopefully the clean slate brings that back

fingerbang
09-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Del Zotto joined the rush and carried the puck as much as anyone. On top of that Torts played him his rookie year even though he had no business being out there because he was terrible on defense. Del Zotto improved significantly in his own end under Torts.

Torts bought the biggest leash in the store for MDZ. All the other stuff is revisionist history.

Redfish
09-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I dont disagree that DelZotto's defensive and physical game improved because of Tortorella, however I think Torts missed the mark on an effective way to get the most out of a player who was obviously an offensive defenseman. His rookie year he was more comfortable with carrying the puck and he seems to have lost his confidence the last couple years. Hopefully the clean slate brings that back

That is certainly one take on the situation. Another is Del Zotto doesn't have it in him to make the next leap within his game, right now. Patience with his development is needed, no doubt. Maybe a change of coach will help, yet I think it is entirely an issue with Del Zotto and how he develops, rather than Tortorella.

nyr1980
09-14-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't think Torts mishandled MDZ at all. We all saw how clueless he was in the defensive zone early on. Torts got him to a point where he was not only not a liability, but pretty good in his own end. I think Del Zotto not doing the offensive things he's capable of are just a buy product of that. No one's fault really, just happened.