PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James: No plans yet for 2014

NYKnickFanatic
09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9657770/lebron-james-miami-heat-focused-season-not-free-agency

"I have absolutely no idea," James recently told ESPN.com. "I would love to spend the rest of my career in Miami with this great team and great organization as we continue to compete for championships. That's ideal. But we don't know what may happen from now to the end of the season. That's the nature of the business. It's the nature of not knowing what tomorrow brings.

Since some people made a big deal about Melo not committing to NY, here you go.

colinskik
09-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Here we go indeed. Let it begin.

I honestly see him going elsewhere. The Heat will have squeezed out all of their potential by the time the contract is up and there are more enticing situations out there for him. Not going to speculate on where, but i'd put one whole dollar down on him leaving South Beach.

Kushed
09-10-2013, 12:57 PM
They win the title and he stays to go for 4 straight.

They lose and he's gone.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 01:04 PM
People like to make a big deal out of any NBA player who doesn't verbally commit before their current contract is up. Makes no sense to me. It's a sport of winning. You go where you can find it if your current team can't provide the help. Pretty simple.

Bruno
09-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I think it would be SO bad*** of him to go back to Cleveland and rack titles for them next to Kyrie and Bynum. Miami is done after this year, this is their last shot with Wade entering the golden years of his career and Bosh entering his 30's.

beasted86
09-10-2013, 01:33 PM
We know what the haters want, but it will be funny once again reading all of the comments, opinions, and hype of what "X" team will be like "when" LeBron signs there.... then comes the soul-crush when he re-signs or does something the complete opposite of what they thought then it becomes "LeBron should have stayed" or "I didn't want him anyway".

I also find it most hilarious that people feel that Kyrie Irving and No-knees-Bynum that recently said in an interview he sees no timetable for return and won't likely be ready for opening day is somehow the duo that will bring him back to the Cavs, and he will even leave if the HEAT win a championship because they could never win another championship. Sure, going to that is way better than going for 4 in a row in Miami... also never mind the Dan Gilbert angle of that story...

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
We know what the haters want, but it will be funny once again reading all of the comments, opinions, and hype of what "X" team will be like "when" LeBron signs there.... then comes the soul-crush when he re-signs or does something the complete opposite of what they thought then it becomes "LeBron should have stayed" or "I didn't want him anyway".

I also find it most hilarious that people feel that Kyrie Irving and No-knees-Bynum that recently said in an interview he sees no timetable for return and won't likely be ready for opening day is somehow the duo that will bring him back to the Cavs, and he will even leave if the HEAT win a championship because they could never win another championship. Sure, going to that is way better than going for 4 in a row in Miami... also never mind the Dan Gilbert angle of that story...

glad someone mentioned it...

Minimal
09-10-2013, 02:01 PM
So what did he say exactly? Did he say that he is leaving Miami by that?
He is actually smart. He didn't promise he is gonna stay in Miami because a lot of things can happen, and you never know what kind of things. If he promises to stay with Miami and in the end will be forced to leave it, because of whatever reason, he will look even worse. I'm pretty sure 99% he is gonna stay in Miami, but because of that 1% he ain't promising it, smart man.

Bruno
09-10-2013, 02:02 PM

remind me, how many teams have won four championships in a row since 1970?

if LBJ is gona bail on his home town do you think he's gona sit around and wait until Wade is in a walking chair? LBJ got lucky enough (Hibbert/Duncan benchings) to escape with this years championship, it's not gona happen for two more years in a row as currently constructed. Riley will have to do some cold-blooded reloading of Miamis roster to keep LBJ. LBJ puts winning above everything (loyalty, competition, criticism). If you think he's gona be loyal to a sinking and aging Miami team you're just as trusting as his hometown Cavs fans were in 2010.

beasted86
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm not saying Miami WILL win 4 in a row or even that they will win 3 in a row... what I'm saying is the logic that he will have just won a 3rd consecutive championship and 4 straight trips to the Finals, and he would leave regardless because the HEAT supposedly have no future makes no sense.

And for the record, he already supposedly bailed on his hometown. Don't attack the HEAT because you have an owner who took over the running operations of a championship caliber team and ran it into the ground in less than 3 years. Arison and Riley will do whatever it takes to retool a proper championship team.

Also, you'll be surprised by Wade this coming season & playoffs.

colinskik
09-10-2013, 02:18 PM
So what did he say exactly? Did he say that he is leaving Miami by that?
He is actually smart. He didn't promise he is gonna stay in Miami because a lot of things can happen, and you never know what kind of things. If he promises to stay with Miami and in the end will be forced to leave it, because of whatever reason, he will look even worse. I'm pretty sure 99% he is gonna stay in Miami, but because of that 1% he ain't promising it, smart man.

He didn't imply anything, but if you read the OP's remark, it's similar to what Melo said and that got blown way out of proportion. If that's how this forum will react, might as well be consistent.

colinskik
09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm not saying Miami WILL win 4 in a row or even that they will win 3 in a row... what I'm saying is the logic that he will have just won a 3rd consecutive championship and 4 straight trips to the Finals, and he would leave regardless because the HEAT supposedly have no future makes no sense.

And for the record, he already supposedly bailed on his hometown. Don't attack the HEAT because you have an owner who took over the running operations of a championship caliber team and ran it into the ground in less than 3 years. Arison and Riley will do whatever it takes to retool a proper championship team.

This post makes little to no sense.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 02:20 PM
He didn't imply anything, but if you read the OP's remark, it's similar to what Melo said and that got blown way out of proportion. If that's how this forum will react, might as well be consistent.

oh it will be, don't worry. For no reason. I mean, why should Melo verbally commit to a team that has given him the talent/health to barely win a playoff game? I wouldn't if I were him.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM

even while managing the crap out of his minutes and giving him games off, he looked 80 in the playoffs most nights. His style of play dictated a pretty sharp physical drop seeing as he has a limited perimeter skillset if his athletic ability isn't high.

Sandman
09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
also never mind the Dan Gilbert angle of that story...

IDK, its a hump to get over for sure but that type of crap takes a back seat. If Kobe can chase Phil and get him back, if Steinbrenner can hire Billy Martin 5 times, that stuff can turn into water under the bridge real quick.

colinskik
09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
oh it will be, don't worry. For no reason. I mean, why should Melo verbally commit to a team that has given him the talent/health to make it to the second round of the playoffs? I wouldn't if I were him.

fixed

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
fixed

haha, touche. You know what I mean though. I don't blame Melo for making that statement at all.

colinskik
09-10-2013, 02:56 PM
haha, touche. You know what I mean though. I don't blame Melo for making that statement at all.

Of course.

And same goes with every professional athlete. If you say too much the media will scrutinize your every word. If you don't say anything, the media will assume you're intentionally hiding info. It's a lose-lose.

archdevil84
09-10-2013, 03:11 PM
I just hope he stays in miami and for wade to make a good solid return from his injury post season. If wade is healthy and bosh is confident miami could stil be a very dangerous team for the next 2-3 years and by the time riley perhaps made another great move to keep lebron.

TheNumber37
09-10-2013, 03:45 PM
if he wants to be the greatest, make the bobcats a 60 win team. with mike brown I'm Cleveland, he's not going back there and too much beef to go to bulls or pacers...

Sadly, I could see the Knicks if he wants to help melo win some rings.

ChicagoJ
09-10-2013, 04:02 PM
What I hope for the most is lebron finding a situation where he has to earn his way to a title by playing with a team that has a few odds against them.

I don't want to see him go the easy way by joining the team with the most talent. I realize no vet star player will join a crappy team, but I want to see him earn it with a team so I can root for him. Can't root for him in the current situation unless Miami looses talent and struggles for a few years.

With that said, I still doubt he leaves Miami.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Of course.

And same goes with every professional athlete. If you say too much the media will scrutinize your every word. If you don't say anything, the media will assume you're intentionally hiding info. It's a lose-lose.

exactly dude

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 04:13 PM
What I hope for the most is lebron finding a situation where he has to earn his way to a title by playing with a team that has a few odds against them.

I don't want to see him go the easy way by joining the team with the most talent. I realize no vet star player will join a crappy team, but I want to see him earn it with a team so I can root for him. Can't root for him in the current situation unless Miami looses talent and struggles for a few years.

With that said, I still doubt he leaves Miami.

every team has odds against them. Every superstar in history has needed huge contributions from role players and other stars to win a title.

Ill21
09-10-2013, 04:17 PM
It wouldn't make sense for him or any player to commit

savvy1803
09-10-2013, 04:21 PM
They win the title and he stays to go for 4 straight.

They lose and he's gone.

Pretty much this , he is looking to collect titles now and may in fact choose the path of least resistance if he feels Riley is not continuing to put good help around him , if they win a third it would be hard not to go for a fourth .

The improvement of Wade's health and play going forward as well as Bosh will likely determine how this plays out as well , should be quite interesting .

BklynKnicks3
09-10-2013, 04:35 PM
how could he he will just front run to the best team and situation once again. Get more cheap rings on another all star team

Tony_Starks
09-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I take no issue with him not committing, that's just good business. But realistically if they lose and he jumps ship he will be looked at as a ring chaser, and rightfully so. There will be no "he has management who wouldn't put a team around him" excuse. He's dealing with the best execs in the biz with Riley and Arrison.

ChicagoJ
09-10-2013, 04:50 PM
every team has odds against them. Every superstar in history has needed huge contributions from role players and other stars to win a title.

This is true, but odds were that the heat were likely to represent the east in the finals each year since they formed, were the team to beat and had one of the best chances to win it all. There were odds against them for sure, but more in their favor than not.

I'm simply referring to how I'd like to see him on a team that isn't so stacked as the clear favorite. I't would give me a reason to root for him.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2013, 05:06 PM
This is true, but odds were that the heat were likely to represent the east in the finals each year since they formed, were the team to beat and had one of the best chances to win it all. There were odds against them for sure, but more in their favor than not.

I'm simply referring to how I'd like to see him on a team that isn't so stacked as the clear favorite. I't would give me a reason to root for him.

The odds were for Boston and LA to represent their conference in the 80's, and for the Bulls to represent their conference in the 90's, the Lakers/Spurs to represent their conference in the late 90's, 00's, etc. Did you root for Bird, Magic, Michael, Shaq, or Kobe?

Just saying

NYCkid12
09-10-2013, 05:38 PM
how could he he will just front run to the best team and situation once again. Get more cheap rings on another all star team

sort of like what Mello tried to do but failed

ztilzer31
09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Good that guy needed to get banned. How long is it for?

He shouldn't say where he's going. He should be worried about winning a ring this year. However if Oden/Cole show they can do some things this year I would guarantee he stays. Even if Oden is only playing 15-20 mins a game... Makes Miami such a huge threat right away.

Captain Moroni
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Here we go again....

Bostonjorge
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
I think he at least hits free agency. Then lebron would meet with teams that have cap like every other top free agent before him. If melo can commit to a team and that team has cap to sign both to a max and still have top players on there team then it's possible he leaves. The perfect situation needs to happen.

If heat some how win a title then I don't see him opting out. When heat don't win the title and if they lose Lebron then heat just fade away.

More-Than-Most
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I hope he has another decision type thing. People crushed him for it but didnt he give money to charity that he earned from it?

Jeffy25
09-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Wouldn't you be more concerned if he was able to say for certain what he was going to do in over a year from now?

ryang
09-11-2013, 01:24 AM
This is a knick fan starting a thread to simply say Mello did the same thing and you all killed him for it so lets do the same with Lebron.
Then somehow it actually turned Into a debate. Good **** knick - Mello fan. Lmao

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 02:05 AM

Didn't you get enough of that for his first 7 years playing with Cleveland. He did that crap already and you got to see what he can do with no help.

I want to see him play with other talented players because then I can see who really is better between the two of them.

Something that I have a hunch is going to happen is that somehow someway Lebron and Durant are going to get on the same squad. I'd love to see that. 82 games together on the same team will tell us a lot more about the strength and weaknesses between the two and (at the time) who is actually the better player than 4-8 head to head match ups.

The other part of that is seeing the two best elevate each others game to a level that we are only able to see when the two of them play together. Having two great players creates one of a kind plays together, that otherwise can't be done unless you have two superior talents to pull it off.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Senarios in which Bron Stays
-Heat win Ring and Oden (and Beasley) both perform at a best case scenario level and Wade and Bosh give B performances..
-Heat win Ring and Dwade and Bosh both perform at a best case scenario level.

Senarios in which Bron leaves
-Heat win/loose ring and Bosh and Wade both play well below expectations again and other better scenarios arise.
-Heat win/loose ring and Bosh and Wade play at a B level and a Durant/Houston/or better scenario arises.

BklynKnicks3
09-11-2013, 11:33 AM
By joining a 500 team lol u cant be serious. I don't even blame players after LeBron for trying to do that because how can u beat a all star team without other stars

NYKnickFanatic
09-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Melo's Nuggets were a lot better than Melo's Knicks when he got traded. So what are you saying...?

This is a knick fan starting a thread to simply say Mello did the same thing and you all killed him for it so lets do the same with Lebron.
Then somehow it actually turned Into a debate. Good **** knick - Mello fan. Lmao

You consider this thread a debate? Lol

Melo only has ONE L by the way.

Sandman
09-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Wouldn't you be more concerned if he was able to say for certain what he was going to do in over a year from now?

NBA players sign 5 year contracts all of the time, its not like he's setting his DVR.

Heatcheck
09-11-2013, 11:57 AM
theyre all going to opt out, sign for less, we'll sign Kyrie Irving, half of Cleveland will commit suicide, the Knicks fans will all be outraged and insulted because by then they'd have spent the last half of the season slurping him up just to be rejected again, and The Lakers will settle for Melo and Kobe and we get to watch another train wreck from start to finish.

Stinkyoutsider
09-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I think James made a comment that is PR, which is the right thing to do at this point. He says he wants to be in Miami and continue there but at the same time, it's a business so he leaves his options open...

I have a feeling he's going nowhere, especially if they can 3-peat this year. And honestly, I don't think he's leaving if the Heat don't win this year. When you have James, Wade, and Bosh as your core, you're going to have a very good chance of winning the title every year.

What we're losing in this discussion is the influence of the Heat as it relates to enticing new players to sign with the team on a discount. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh have already set the table for this and any player looking to sign with the Heat will need to take a look at whether they want to sacrifice money to win. I'm sure there's some top quality players who are willing to do this. And with Pat Riley's influence, I see them reloading and continuing to compete for titles.

Heatcheck
09-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I think James made a comment that is PR, which is the right thing to do at this point. He says he wants to be in Miami and continue there but at the same time, it's a business so he leaves his options open...

I have a feeling he's going nowhere, especially if they can 3-peat this year. And honestly, I don't think he's leaving if the Heat don't win this year. When you have James, Wade, and Bosh as your core, you're going to have a very good chance of winning the title every year.

What we're losing in this discussion is the influence of the Heat as it relates to enticing new players to sign with the team on a discount. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh have already set the table for this and any player looking to sign with the Heat will need to take a look at whether they want to sacrifice money to win. I'm sure there's some top quality players who are willing to do this. And with Pat Riley's influence, I see them reloading and continuing to compete for titles.

Its an attractive destination for young males with money, nice weather, less taxes, an owner who is known to spend when necessary, a President who has a proven track record and knows what he's doing, and as much cap space as anyone else come the end of the season.

colinskik
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
theyre all going to opt out, sign for less, we'll sign Kyrie Irving, half of Cleveland will commit suicide, the Knicks fans will all be outraged and insulted because by then they'd have spent the last half of the season slurping him up just to be rejected again, and The Lakers will settle for Melo and Kobe and we get to watch another train wreck from start to finish.

This post should receive an infraction for pure ignorance.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
It's going to be fun watching teams get desperate to clear cap space for him, along with the media frenzy, only to watch him opt out and then just re-up with Miami.

Heatcheck
09-11-2013, 12:26 PM
This post should receive an infraction for pure ignorance.

reality can be harsh sometimes

Utd7
09-11-2013, 01:11 PM
I can't see him leaving tbh.

justinnum1
09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
It's going to be fun watching teams get desperate to clear cap space for him, along with the media frenzy, only to watch him opt out and then just re-up with Miami.

yes, yes it will be.

Slug3
09-11-2013, 03:13 PM
some of you seem to be missing what he is saying. He has stated he wants to stay as long as things can basically go his way. not sure what that might be, but I am sure Miami will do everything they can to make sure that happens. He was not saying this at all with Cleveland.

tr3ymill3r
09-11-2013, 03:57 PM
He doesn't have to think about it, because he's already made his decision.

ryang
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Melo's Nuggets were a lot better than Melo's Knicks when he got traded. So what are you saying...?

You consider this thread a debate? Lol

Melo only has ONE L by the way.

Auto correct on my phone. I'd type his name but I'm tired of correcting auto correct. People are actually discussing this. Hilirous.

BklynKnicks3
09-13-2013, 10:04 AM
he will front run to where every give him the best chance of winning or stay with Miami basing on who they get to so he do even less to earn his rings. Simple

NYCkid12
09-13-2013, 11:05 AM
By joining a 500 team lol u cant be serious. I don't even blame players after LeBron for trying to do that because how can u beat a all star team without other stars

His plans from the very beginning were to form his own big 3 with STAT and CP3....It just didn't work out like he planned, Amare has been battling injuries and CP went to a great situation of his own where he wasn't looking to leave anymore.

My point is is that LeBron wasn't the only one with plans to form a Big 3, his plan just happen to play out where others did not

todu82
09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I can see him leaving. I can see him going back to Cleveland and turning them into perennial contenders.

Ebbs
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Short of him coming to Dallas lol.

I'd like to see him go back and win one in Cleveland. But I'm pretty sure that wont happen.

ryang
09-13-2013, 12:59 PM
It's Cleveland or Miami. If he leaves Riley for Dan he'd be shooting himself in the foot. Personally ill take Riley over Lebron or Gilbert. It be hilarious if he left and never won a thing up there. I'd trust Riley to re tool the roster like he's done so many times in the past.

EL_MACHETE
09-13-2013, 01:08 PM
LeBron switches to Power Forward and takes a paycut and join Okc..Then Serge Ibaka switches to Center...
Dynasty!

Pg-Westbrook
Sg-Lamb
Sf-Durant
Pf-James
C-Ibaka

Durant is hype
09-13-2013, 01:41 PM
What are teams that actually have the cap space to sign him?

DaBUU
09-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I'd be shocked if he left Miami

Heatcheck
09-13-2013, 01:50 PM

beasted86
09-13-2013, 02:01 PM
It's Cleveland or Miami. If he leaves Riley for Dan he'd be shooting himself in the foot. Personally ill take Riley over Lebron or Gilbert. It be hilarious if he left and never won a thing up there. I'd trust Riley to re tool the roster like he's done so many times in the past.

Pretty much agree. No hard feelings against LeBron, but I take Riley also. And he wouldn't win a championship with that team barring some miracle resurrection of Bynum's knees or Bennett being actually #1 pick worthy. Unless Bynum or Bennett becomes an all-star I can't see it.

Is this a championship team? I'm not sure, tell us your opinion.

PG: Irving 7.1M
SG: Waiters 4M / Jack 6.3M
SF: LeBron 17M
PF: Thompson 5.1M / Bennett 5.5M
C:: Bynum 12.5M / Zeller 1.7M

Total ~$59.2M / Projected cap ~$59M

Would be left with $2.7M room exception to add a role player.

NYKnickFanatic
09-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Pretty much agree. No hard feelings against LeBron, but I take Riley also. And he wouldn't win a championship with that team barring some miracle resurrection of Bynum's knees or Bennett being actually #1 pick worthy. Unless Bynum or Bennett becomes an all-star I can't see it.

Starting five looks really good, if Bynum is healthy. Definitely a better team than LeBron has played on with Cleveland in the past.

ryang
09-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Starting five looks really good, if Bynum is healthy. Definitely a better team than LeBron has played on with Cleveland in the past.

That's like saying the dolphins are better this year then years past. Doesn't mean we're gonna win ****. Lebron leaving for Cleveland would be nothing more then him apologizing to Cleveland. If he wants to continue winning he should probably stick with Riley. Just sayin.

TheIlladelph16
09-13-2013, 04:19 PM
What are teams that actually have the cap space to sign him?

The Sixers will with Wiggins/Parker in tow (hopefully haha)....

He would never come to Philly, but I dare to dream.

bucketss
09-13-2013, 04:34 PM
The Sixers will with Wiggins/Parker in tow (hopefully haha)....

He would never come to Philly, but I dare to dream.

whos that guy in your sig, lol he looks like the white version of my uncle, im actually dieing of laughter right now lool. i have to know.

TheIlladelph16
09-13-2013, 05:05 PM
whos that guy in your sig, lol he looks like the white version of my uncle, im actually dieing of laughter right now lool. i have to know.

George R.R. Martin. Author of the A Song of Ice and Fire series, better known as the television series Game of Thrones. That man is a fantastic author and a heart-wrenching bastard. Highly recommended reading.

beasted86
09-13-2013, 06:37 PM

But I asked if it looked like a championship team... do you think it is?

Bynum wouldn't have to only be healthy, he'd have to be playing at an all-star level. If he is playing like he was his first couple years 13/10 and often injured, no way possible I see that team even reaching the Finals.

ryang
09-13-2013, 09:43 PM
The cavs will always be title less. Unless wade, bosh and Lebron go to Cleveland. Good luck with that.

nycericanguy
09-13-2013, 09:54 PM
His plans from the very beginning were to form his own big 3 with STAT and CP3....It just didn't work out like he planned, Amare has been battling injuries and CP went to a great situation of his own where he wasn't looking to leave anymore.

My point is is that LeBron wasn't the only one with plans to form a Big 3, his plan just happen to play out where others did not

No it wasn;t... at least not from where we know. Melo was ready to resign in DEN but then they started getting cheap (trading Camby for cap space) and going in a different direction.

Lebron himself told Melo that he better team up if he wanted to have any chance against MIA. The CP3 toast was right after MIA formed their group.

I mean lets be real, other guys want to win too, so now they know they gotta team up.

nycericanguy
09-13-2013, 09:57 PM
But I asked if it looked like a championship team... do you think it is?

Bynum wouldn't have to only be healthy, he'd have to be playing at an all-star level. If he is playing like he was his first couple years 13/10 and often injured, no way possible I see that team even reaching the Finals.

I don't know about that, I think Bynum giving them 13/10 along with his defense and drawing doubles would be enough to be a title team. CLE will also add guys of course, and they could resign Andy V.

5ass
09-13-2013, 09:58 PM
That's like saying the dolphins are better this year then years past. Doesn't mean we're gonna win ****. Lebron leaving for Cleveland would be nothing more then him apologizing to Cleveland. If he wants to continue winning he should probably stick with Riley. Just sayin.

No, that roster would give him just a good a chance as staying in miami with an older wade and bosh and 0 capspace.

5ass
09-13-2013, 10:03 PM

i think if bynum is healthy or they find a way to keep varajoa, thats a championship team. Irving is a top PG, we'll see what waiters does this year, and thompson is already a double double guy. Bynum is an interior presence on both sides of the court when healthy. Zeller will develop into a good back up center. Then there's Bennet, who i believe is going to be a very solid player.

ryang
09-13-2013, 10:04 PM
No, that roster would give him just a good a chance as staying in miami with an older wade and bosh and 0 capspace.

You think Riley is going to give wade another max deal? Sorry but no he won't nor will wade do that to his team. Can't prove it yet so sit back and get ready to be upset when wade takes that huge paycut. Cleveland gives him no chance. Riley will figure something out just sit back and wait for it

beasted86
09-13-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't know about that, I think Bynum giving them 13/10 along with his defense and drawing doubles would be enough to be a title team. CLE will also add guys of course, and they could resign Andy V.
With the the $2.7M exception? Unlikely.
I listed all the salaries above and how the cap would be filled, and that's with LeBron taking a discount already.

I don't see how Bynum at 13/10 and Irving at what? 21/6? is enough scoring or better than what he would be leaving on the HEAT. Being as unbiased as possible, that team would NEED Bynum to be an all-star 18/10 to sniff a championship. No way he gets by with Joakim Noah impact because that team also doesn't have much shooting or defense. Bynum would have to be Hibbert on the defensive end, and near 20 a game.

beasted86
09-13-2013, 10:30 PM
i think if bynum is healthy or they find a way to keep varajoa, thats a championship team. Irving is a top PG, we'll see what waiters does this year, and thompson is already a double double guy. Bynum is an interior presence on both sides of the court when healthy. Zeller will develop into a good back up center. Then there's Bennet, who i believe is going to be a very solid player.

As I said above I can't see them keeping Varejao. Also I guess everything depends on Bynum or Bennett having a good season. If Bynum is still injured and Bennett is mediocre do you still see him signing there anyway?

jstone0716
09-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Depending on how the entire Cavs crew plays and develops this season, I would definitely give it 50% chance that Lebron would want to come back to Cleveland, and around the same chance that they would win a title in the first 2 years. If Bynum, Waiters and Thompson all continue to develop.. and Bennett shows that he was indeed worthy of his #1 selection.. I see that as a team that would be able to reach the conference finals minus Lebron. Definitely a team that could beat the Bulls/Knicks/Nets...

Lets face it - Bosh and Wade just aren't the athletic marvels that Lebron is. They're passed their prime and becoming more of a liability than anything for Lebron. I mean they both completely choked in the finals and conference finals... Mediocre role players at best. I seriously thought I was watching reruns of Lebrons old Cavs playoff runs.

Personally I'd love to see Paul George, Demarcus Cousins and Lebron team up somewhere. And then Maybe Melo, Kobe and Bosh or Randolph in L.A.

Heatcheck
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Depending on how the entire Cavs crew plays and develops this season, I would definitely give it 50% chance that Lebron would want to come back to Cleveland, and around the same chance that they would win a title in the first 2 years. If Bynum, Waiters and Thompson all continue to develop.. and Bennett shows that he was indeed worthy of his #1 selection.. I see that as a team that would be able to reach the conference finals minus Lebron. Definitely a team that could beat the Bulls/Knicks/Nets...

Lets face it - Bosh and Wade just aren't the athletic marvels that Lebron is. They're passed their prime and becoming more of a liability than anything for Lebron. I mean they both completely choked in the finals and conference finals... Mediocre role players at best. I seriously thought I was watching reruns of Lebrons old Cavs playoff runs.

Personally I'd love to see Paul George, Demarcus Cousins and Lebron team up somewhere. And then Maybe Melo, Kobe and Bosh or Randolph in L.A.

Did you even watch the finals? Wade averaged 20ppg on 46% had 32pt, 23pt and 25 pt games, he averaged 21 5 and 5 on 50% during the regular season bosh had 4 double doubles in the finals. WTF are you babbling about? don't ever compare them to that crap he had in Cleveland.

don't worry, we'll sign Kyrie next year and it wont matter that they are "mediocre role players at best".

beasted86
09-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Did you even watch the finals? Wade averaged 20ppg on 46% had 32pt, 23pt and 25 pt games, he averaged 21 5 and 5 on 50% during the regular season bosh had 4 double doubles in the finals. WTF are you babbling about? don't ever compare them to that crap he had in Cleveland.

don't worry, we'll sign Kyrie next year and it wont matter that they are "mediocre role players at best".
It's revisionist history. If you let the HEAT haters tell the story, one version says LeBron has too much help, and the next version he doesn't have enough help so he is leaving.

ryang
09-16-2013, 05:03 PM

Fat drunk an stupid is no way to go through life son.

ATX
09-16-2013, 06:24 PM

Lmao...Is this a serious thought? Wow. B2B Titles says enough, no?

YES

nycericanguy
09-16-2013, 06:36 PM
It's revisionist history. If you let the HEAT haters tell the story, one version says LeBron has too much help, and the next version he doesn't have enough help so he is leaving.

I don't think anyone can say that with a straight face.

For all the heat Wade & even Bosh take, they are still great players. Let me tell you badly I would love someone on the Knicks to step up and score an efficient 20 points in a SINGLE playoff game outside of Melo. Wade does that consistently, always has. Putting up 20/5/5 in the finals and shooting 48% is nothing to sneeze at, very few players in the league can do that.

Tony Parker was heralded as a god most of that series and he only put up 16 & 6 on 41%.

I don't think a lot of Heat fans appreciate just how damn good Wade & Bosh are... heck even add Ray Allen to that mix.

Krizzle88
09-16-2013, 06:54 PM
jesus enough of this talk its still a year away. Anyway I think hes going to leave cuz Wade is going down hill, He'll team up with Drose in Chicago Bet

Rose
Butler
James
Aldridge
Noah

OVER!

beasted86
09-16-2013, 07:24 PM
jesus enough of this talk its still a year away. Anyway I think hes going to leave cuz Wade is going down hill, He'll team up with Drose in Chicago Bet

Rose
Butler
James
Aldridge
Noah

OVER!

:drunk:

ryang
09-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Lebron is either staying in Miami or going to Cleveland. I feel confident Riley and the heat can offer more then Cleveland ever could. And to all those thinking the cavs have a bright future well I don't know what to say.

Heatcheck
09-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Lebron is either staying in Miami or going to Cleveland. I feel confident Riley and the heat can offer more then Cleveland ever could. And to all those thinking the cavs have a bright future well I don't know what to say.

it wont be too bright once Irving leaves

ryang
09-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Isn't Irving always hurt? I mean short career but he seems to be on the bench often.

jstone0716
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM

I did watch the finals, and the eastern conference finals. Bosh and Wade were both completely absent in the conference finals - Wade did end up helping out a bit in the finals but Bosh was completely useless aside from the block in game 6. Say what you want but anyone that isn't a heat fan will say that. I'm just saying it'll be another year of ware and tare on Wades knees... another year of Bosh's confidence getting crapped on.... do you honestly think he's going to want to sign a 4-5 year extension with two dudes on the downhill? I don't haha.