PDA

View Full Version : Would these current Franchise Players thrive next to their Historical counterparts?

Chronz
09-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Looking back at some of the best players each franchise has ever had, you decide whether they could have meshed together or if its an imperfect fit.

NYK - Franchise Guy: Carmelo
+ Bernard King
+ Walt Frazier/Willis Reed
+ Ewing

Chicago - Rose
+Pippen
+MJ

LAL - Kobe
+Kareem
+Magic
+Wilt

Houston - Harden
+Tmac
+Yao
+Dream

MIA - LeBron
+Shaq
+Zo
+Glen Rice
+Tim Hardaway

OKC/Seattle - Durant
+GP
+Kemp

GSW - Curry
+Rick Barry
+Thurmond/Wilt
+Tim Hardaway/Mitch Richmond

Cleveland - Kyrie
+LeBron
+Daughtery

Portland - Aldridge
+Sheed
+Mighty Mouse aka Damon Stoudemire

Memphis - Marc Gasol
+Pau

Sacramento - Cousins
+Webber

Give your thoughts on the following or feel free to include your own team comparison.

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Meh.

jerellh528
09-09-2013, 10:06 PM
mesh.

Byronicle
09-09-2013, 10:54 PM
So essentially you are asking how would today's franchise players perform when on their team's all time roster

R. Johnson#3
09-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Memphis - Shareef Abdur Rahim

Chronz
09-10-2013, 12:59 AM
So essentially you are asking how would today's franchise players perform when on their team's all time roster

No, just how each star would mesh with stars of years past.

abe_froman
09-10-2013, 02:16 AM
nyk-no,he and king are way to similar making him redundant+walt was a volume scorer to,not enough shots to go around in that group
chi-lol nope.rose would get pushed out(mj taking 90% of the shots,and pippen a distributor),he relegated to a super paxson/armstrong/harper role,but doesnt even provide the spacing thats needed
lal-attitude wise i am unsure he'd be open to it,but i think it'd be an ok fit
okc-this probably the best meshing of all of these,no positional overlap,no attitude problems and think gp would be a more willing passer to him that russ
the rest would be ok meshing wise

jbeezy
09-10-2013, 03:26 AM
Rose, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Artis Gilmore. That would be an amazing team

Lakers + Giants
09-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Magic would have no problem passing the ball to kobe. Wilt and Kobe tho, 2 of the top 5 biggest egos in NBA history, not sure that would work.

5ass
09-10-2013, 04:38 AM

Yes, but theres no way Rose can really THRIVE with this team.

Chronz
09-10-2013, 11:57 AM
nyk-no,he and king are way to similar making him redundant+walt was a volume scorer to,not enough shots to go around in that group
chi-lol nope.rose would get pushed out(mj taking 90% of the shots,and pippen a distributor),he relegated to a super paxson/armstrong/harper role,but doesnt even provide the spacing thats needed
lal-attitude wise i am unsure he'd be open to it,but i think it'd be an ok fit
okc-this probably the best meshing of all of these,no positional overlap,no attitude problems and think gp would be a more willing passer to him that russ
the rest would be ok meshing wise
King and Melo are similar but I think King could play with anyone.

Magic would have no problem passing the ball to kobe. Wilt and Kobe tho, 2 of the top 5 biggest egos in NBA history, not sure that would work.
You get this topic.

Captain Moroni
09-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Pippen Rodman Gilmore would finish the year with zero shot attempts

Captain Moroni
09-10-2013, 08:50 PM
King and Melo? Nope

Captain Moroni
09-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Kobe and magic would be sick. Add Kareem.....unbeatable

Captain Moroni
09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Imagine Shaq with wade and Lebron.......wow

ohreally
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Looking back at some of the best players each franchise has ever had, you decide whether they could have meshed together or if its an imperfect fit.

NYK - Franchise Guy: Carmelo
+ Bernard King
+ Walt Frazier/Willis Reed
+ Ewing

Chicago - Rose
+Pippen
+MJ

LAL - Kobe
+Kareem
+Magic
+Wilt

Houston - Harden
+Tmac
+Yao
+Dream

MIA - LeBron
+Shaq
+Zo
+Glen Rice
+Tim Hardaway

OKC/Seattle - Durant
+GP
+Kemp

GSW - Curry
+Rick Barry
+Thurmond/Wilt
+Tim Hardaway/Mitch Richmond

Cleveland - Kyrie
+LeBron
+Daughtery

Portland - Aldridge
+Sheed

Memphis - Marc Gasol
+Pau

Sacramento - Cousins
+Webber

Give your thoughts on the following or feel free to include your own team comparison.

NY: Hell no. Melo would destroy that team. But that team without Melo...omg
Chi: Honestly, Rose would just be in the way
Hou: have to think these guys could overcome it, but I tend to think there would be problems meshing Yao and Dream and harden would have a very limited role
Miami: including the added current player this may be the bet of the teams
OKC: why not?
GSW: another good team
Clev: nice nucleus
Portland: does nothing for me. Rather have a prime Sheed and Stoudemire with Lillard
Memphis: mesh, yes. But where's the team?
Sacramento: would mesh, but doesn't do much for me

mdm692
09-11-2013, 03:12 AM
Suns: Jabari Parker
Nash
Stat
Barkley
KJ

:p. Jk looking into the future a bit too much lol. *knock on wood* Don't want to jinx it lol.

T-wolves: Love and Rubio
KG

asandhu23
09-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Stephen Curry with Wilt Chamberlain and Rick Barry. not bad.

Wilt
Thurmond
Barry
Mullin
Curry

asandhu23
09-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Imagine Shaq with wade and Lebron.......wow

I would Alonzo more as a Heat franchise player than Shaq.

Chronz
09-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I couldn't articulate what I expected from you guys well enough. This thread has failed... my bad

valade16
09-11-2013, 11:54 AM

Chicago - Rose
+Pippen
+MJ

Portland - Aldridge
+Sheed

I'll do the above ones.

Rose would not have worked very well with MJ. Both need to be extremely ball dominant to be successfull and while Rose is a good passer, he's not so good at finding an open MJ that I'd want to take the ball out of his hands and give it to Rose. Rose could work really well with Scottie though, since Scottie could get his points while playing alongside a ball dominant guard. Also, Scottie and Rose in Thib's defense would be dreamy.

As a Portland fan I am offended that you dare put Damon Stoudemire anywhere near our best players ever list. As to the topic at hand, LMA and Sheed would not work very well at all since both take an inordinate amount of jump shots for how big they are. Neither are rim enforcers on defense either. Aldridge would be perfect alongside Bill Walton since he could play the high post and with Walton's passing ability, he would get a bunch of open looks.

Stinkyoutsider
09-11-2013, 12:09 PM
I actually think Rose could fit with Jordan and Pippen. Of course, his scoring would take a hit but his assist numbers would go up. Pippen was the primary ball handler because he had to (Paxson was good but when the Bulls figured out that taking him off of the ball opened up opportunities for 3-point shots, Pippen took over).

The real question here is about ego. We all know Jordan is the alpha on any team he's a part of but I think Rose is a guy who actually wouldn't mind not being the number 1 franchise guy? He seems laid back and doesn't think like the usual NBA superstar. If anyone, I think Pippen might be the one who would have an issue with this. I think Pippen is similar in mind to Jordan and it would be Pippen who would have to sacrifice a little of his game to fit Rose in.

valade16
09-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I actually think Rose could fit with Jordan and Pippen. Of course, his scoring would take a hit but his assist numbers would go up. Pippen was the primary ball handler because he had to (Paxson was good but when the Bulls figured out that taking him off of the ball opened up opportunities for 3-point shots, Pippen took over).

The real question here is about ego. We all know Jordan is the alpha on any team he's a part of but I think Rose is a guy who actually wouldn't mind not being the number 1 franchise guy? He seems laid back and doesn't think like the usual NBA superstar. If anyone, I think Pippen might be the one who would have an issue with this. I think Pippen is similar in mind to Jordan and it would be Pippen who would have to sacrifice a little of his game to fit Rose in.

Maybe you know more than I do because I do not get that impression at all about Rose.