PDA

View Full Version : B-Easy heading back to South Beach ?

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:01 PM
http://hoopshype.com/

Man if this happens it just wouldn't be fair

ManRam
09-07-2013, 04:02 PM

Why wouldn't it be fair? Beasley is trash. Even on a stable team that wouldn't need much from him, he's still trash. I'd be rooting for this to happen if I'm rooting against Miami...even if signing him for the minimum is zero risk.

Kushed
09-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Just came here to post this. I predicted this on a different NBA forum. It makes perfect sense. Beasely is too talented of a player to not be playing in the NBA and he would fit perfectly on a team with a strong veteran presence to keep him out of trouble. In Phoenix he was supposed to be the guy and lets face it, the dude isn't a leader. He isn't a role model. He makes stupid mistakes. But he can still ball and would be the perfect guy off the bench for the Heat. He can light it up on occasion and just adds another scorer to that bench.

Dade County
09-07-2013, 04:07 PM
YES!!!!!!!

And ManRam... You want be saying that 1month into the season.

Everyone that is hating or doesn't think that Beasley isn't good, will learn really fast what he can do for the HEAt coming off the bench, with a clear define role.

Make it happen Pat!

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 04:07 PM
not happening, nor should it. the locker room chemistry is too important and riley knows this. beasley just isn't willing to put in the work and he doesn't have a winning mentality. also would he be willing to play very limited minutes without causing trouble? probably not.

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Why wouldn't it be fair? Beasley is trash. Even on a stable team that wouldn't need much from him, he's still trash. I'd be rooting for this to happen if I'm rooting against Miami...even if signing him for the minimum is zero risk.

If there is one team that has a group of players that can get Beasley to act right it's The Heat . He becomes there own personal poor mans JR Smith

ManRam
09-07-2013, 04:10 PM
YES!!!!!!!

And ManRam... You want be saying that 1month into the season.

Everyone that is hating or doesn't think that Beasley isn't good, will learn really fast what he can do for the HEAt coming off the bench, with a clear define role.

Make it happen Pat!

There's no reason to think I'm wrong and you have nothing concrete to suggest you are right. To suggest he'll play well is just blind faith based on absolutely nothing or just the relic that is Beasley-in-college. He's not a good player, period. :shrug: Him suddenly turning into one would be more surprising than him continuing his ways.

DamnGoat
If there is one team that has a group of players that can get Beasley to act right it's The Heat . He becomes there own personally poor mans JR Smith
Is that supposed to be a good thing?

ManRam
If there is one team that has a group of players that can get Beasley to act right it's The Heat . He becomes there own personally poor mans JR Smith

Yikes.

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Is that supposed to be a good thing?

hahaha exactly.

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Lol at the Smith jokes but for a team like the Heat that depend on their starters to play overextended mins and score most of the points it kind of is a good thing . A player to come off the bench and score points in a spurt and give wade and Lebron a lil more time to rest over the season . Teams like OKC and Miami are the select few who can handle and use a scoring player like that off their bench . So for them it's a good thing

DamnGoat
09-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I think a lot of teams would be thrilled to see Beasley come in and give LeBron a rest.

4milesperday
09-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Prob Beasley's agent trying to get attention from other teams.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Just came here to post this. I predicted this on a different NBA forum. It makes perfect sense. Beasely is too talented of a player to not be playing in the NBA and he would fit perfectly on a team with a strong veteran presence to keep him out of trouble. In Phoenix he was supposed to be the guy and lets face it, the dude isn't a leader. He isn't a role model. He makes stupid mistakes. But he can still ball and would be the perfect guy off the bench for the Heat. He can light it up on occasion and just adds another scorer to that bench.

I agree with all of this. I think B easy's biggest issue is that he in not a leader. I think playing along side of guys like Lebron, D Wade, and Bosh would benefit him greatly. I think he could actually realize his potential on a team of ballers that he looks up to. I could see him coming off the bench at first and eventually at the very least assume a manu ginobli, james harden roll, and being in the game at the end. Possibly even working himself into the starting lineup.

ManRam
09-07-2013, 04:26 PM
I think all productive bench players have to do one of three things: defend, rebound/hustle, or score/shoot.

Beasley does none of those three things well. I don't get why it's a good fit. At least Haslem can kinda do those first two things. Beasley thinks he can do the third, but he's horrifically inefficient.

It is zero risk, so it wouldn't be a bad move. I just don't get why anyone is excited about potentially getting this guy...be it Lakers fans, Heat fans or anyone else.

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I agree with all of this. I think B easy's biggest issue is that he in not a leader. I think playing along side of guys like Lebron, D Wade, and Bosh would benefit him greatly. I think he could actually realize his potential on a team of ballers that he looks up to. I could see him coming off the bench at first and eventually at the very least assume a manu ginobli, james harden roll, and being in the game at the end. Possibly even working himself into the starting lineup.

that is an incredibly optimistic point of view. and who would spo take out at the end of games for beasley and his terrible ball movement, inefficient scoring, and lack of defense. not gonna be wade/allen/lebron or bosh obviously. that leaves one spot, which will almost always be taken by battier or chalmers and the odd time cole or haslem/birdman for defense/rebounding.

Dade County
09-07-2013, 04:32 PM
There's no reason to think I'm wrong and you have nothing concrete to suggest you are right. To suggest he'll play well is just blind faith based on absolutely nothing or just the relic that is Beasley-in-college. He's not a good player, period. :shrug: Him suddenly turning into one would be more surprising than him continuing his ways.

I believe that Beasley can come off the bench and give the HEAT anywhere between 8 - 16pts a night... He's a scorer, when his head is in the game. He had some break out games when he was in Minny, but things went south, when he got un-happy.

Minny & Phoenix trade to make him a primary scorer, but it didn't work out, so they cut his minutes, but I feel that he would thrive coming of the bench for the HEAT (because he can score, & coach Spo will help guide him).

The coaching staff will put him in positions that will beneath him

Hawkeye15
09-07-2013, 04:34 PM
would be a bad move for the Heat

Hawkeye15
09-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I believe that Beasley can come off the bench and give the HEAT anywhere between 8 - 16pts a night... He's a scorer, when his head is in the game. He had some break out games when he was in Minny, but things went south, when he got un-happy.

Minny & Phoenix trade to make him a primary scorer, but it didn't work out, so they cut his minutes, but I feel that he would thrive coming of the bench for the HEAT (because he can score, & coach Spo will help guide him).

The coaching staff will put him in positions that will beneath him

you realize that has been less, and less, and less, and less.....

FlashBolt
09-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Great move for Miami because you need to take into account that they just lost Mike Miller and bringing Beasley is a great replacement even though he has problems outside the NBA. I think Miami's great management will bring Beasley back.. especially with the leadership of James and Wade. Wade and Riley are the difference makers.. If Wade and Riley can convince him like they did when he was a rookie, he should be fine. He will fit right in and in my honest opinion, they should limit Wade's playing time and put Beasley in.. He can put up 10 easy. Yes.. he has problems but he can fix it also.

Kashmir13579
09-07-2013, 04:35 PM
There's no reason to think I'm wrong and you have nothing concrete to suggest you are right. To suggest he'll play well is just blind faith based on absolutely nothing or just the relic that is Beasley-in-college. He's not a good player, period. :shrug: Him suddenly turning into one would be more surprising than him continuing his ways. You have nothing concrete :laugh2:

Kashmir13579
09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
would be a bad move for the Heat

I pretty sure they know what they are doing.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
that is an incredibly optimistic point of view. and who would spo take out at the end of games for beasley and his terrible ball movement, inefficient scoring, and lack of defense. not gonna be wade/allen/lebron or bosh obviously. that leaves one spot, which will almost always be taken by battier or chalmers and the odd time cole or haslem/birdman for defense/rebounding.

Yes it is incredibly optimistic, but I think Lebron can make Beas into the beast he was supposed to be. Its more of a feeling.

ManRam
09-07-2013, 04:44 PM
You have nothing concrete :laugh2:

What has Beasley done at all lately to suggest you can just plug him in and get anything beneficial from him. What SINGLE thing does he do that's valuable to a team? Please, enlighten me. We can sit here and say "I think it will suddenly all start to work out", but the fact is he has shown NOTHING to indicate that's the case. Nothing at all.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Great move for Miami because you need to take into account that they just lost Mike Miller and bringing Beasley is a great replacement even though he has problems outside the NBA. I think Miami's great management will bring Beasley back.. especially with the leadership of James and Wade. Wade and Riley are the difference makers.. If Wade and Riley can convince him like they did when he was a rookie, he should be fine. He will fit right in and in my honest opinion, they should limit Wade's playing time and put Beasley in.. He can put up 10 easy. Yes.. he has problems but he can fix it also.

This also makes a lot of sense. Oden and Wade will probably play very minimal minutes early on in the season, and you don't want to wear out Ray either. Lebron is a machine and Bosh always seems to be in good shape but your going to want to save them as much as possible throughout the season as well. Beas is a 6'10'' scorer with a lot of potential that is still at worst slightly above average. At 2-3 mill a year he is well worth it. He should play 35 plus min a game in order to give Wade/Bron/Bosh as much regular season rest as possible.

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Lebron can make any player look good , why not Bes ? He's still only 24 , if he can't work out there no harm no foul Heat will still win the ship and Mike career will be over . At this point in his life Beaasly needs the Heat more than they need him . If he wants to get back on track he need to listen and learn from his mistakes . It's not too late for him change but honestly if signed this is his last chance to make an impression and develop into a good player . He's way too talented to not be in the league . It's all mental with this guy and so far he hasn't been using it all . Plenty of head cases in the league that get paid

ManRam
09-07-2013, 04:49 PM
If you wanna limit Wade's minutes why not bring in a Rip Hamilton, Beaubois or even a PG like Tinsley/Telfair. They all suck too, but I guess if finding ways to play Wade less is what you're looking for then they're better fits. Even if the goal is to replace Mike Miller...well...I'm sure they can still find someone who can actually shoot

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Beasley isn't 6'10 btw he's 6'8 lol

therealwd27
09-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Ira Winderman, Joseph Goodwin, and other Heat Beat writers deny this, Yahoo reports it. Lol someone has to be wrong. Either way Beasley is a offensive threat when hes in the game, but his head is never in the game. I'd take him though as the last guy, he could replace Varnado

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:51 PM
If you wanna limit Wade's minutes why not bring in a Rip Hamilton, Beaubois or even a PG like Tinsley/Telfair. They all suck too, but I guess if finding ways to play Wade less is what you're looking for then they're better fits. Even if the goal is to replace Mike Miller...well...I'm sure they can still find someone who can actually shoot

Rip is broken down , why sign PG when they have 3 on the roster and Telfair is a decent back PG at this stage of career . He's only terrible based on where he was drafted , if he was in the 2nd he made a nice career lol .

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I mean whoever Miami signs can never be considered a "bad move " based on their roster . It's just a "hey we signed talent if it works out we win the ship , if it doesn't we win the ship"

therealwd27
09-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Rip is broken down , why sign PG when they have 3 on the roster and Telfair is a decent back PG at this stage of career . He's only terrible based on where he was drafted , if he was in the 2nd he made a nice career lol .

Who's the 3rd PG?

IKnowHoops
09-07-2013, 04:57 PM

Common man. I think even you know Beas has more to offer than these guys, and potentially way more.

Stunner
09-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Who's the 3rd PG?

Myck Kabongo I think , he was signed to the summer league roster and I think to the training camp roster too .

therealwd27
09-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski reported it lol its true this guy knows his stuff and doesn't have Chris Broussard type sources. Heat have strong leaders it could work if Beasley is willing to accept 15 min or less per game

therealwd27
09-07-2013, 04:59 PM

Myck Kabongo I think , he was signed to the summer league roster and I think to the training camp roster too .

Yea but he won't the make the team.

Kashmir13579
09-07-2013, 05:03 PM
What has Beasley done at all lately to suggest you can just plug him in and get anything beneficial from him. What SINGLE thing does he do that's valuable to a team? Please, enlighten me. We can sit here and say "I think it will suddenly all start to work out", but the fact is he has shown NOTHING to indicate that's the case. Nothing at all.
"I think it will suddenly all star to work out", is what you said, not what he said. What he said was reasonable in the way of conversation.

You want one single thing? His 3 point shooting only fell off the face of the planet last season. Is it impossible that he can reel it back in? Any team can use more shooting, even the Heat.

I don't wanna sit here and praise the Heat, because i hate them - but they have a winning culture, full of proven winners, vets, and 3 of the best players on the planet. If Beasley comes back it won't be as a #2 pick, and it won't be as a player they will live and die by, by any means. Its a low-risk move.

Kashmir13579
09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Common man. I think even you know Beas has more to offer than these guys, and potentially way more.

He's just saying things. Beasley shot over 36% from downtown in 3 of his 5 seasons.

beasted86
09-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't want him, but if the HEAT sign him I would have no choice but to root for the kid again.

He has some talents, but I feel his head isn't where it needs to be to take on a role and help a team defend it's title. If there is a team that would keep him on a short leash and disciplined it would be the HEAT or Spurs though.

I just think the article is reaching though. Can't see them bringing Beasley back with all his off court issues and disregarding the hard work and professionalism that Battier and Haslem show and him taking their minutes.

29$JerZ
09-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Even if Miami signs him he won't be used.
I'm sure they'll stick to the Mario/Wade/Battier/LeBron/Bosh/Cole/Allen/Haslem/Birdman rotation.
Oden will pretty much take any minutes Beasly would of had too. It would basically be a depth move.

Minimal
09-07-2013, 05:40 PM
If Miami signs him, keep him on the bench as a "project", until he sets his head straight and matures finally. The guy failed the first time in Miami, if he comes back I hope LeBron will mentor.

But I completely don't understand why the Heat are interested in him if its true. He just does't have that team mentality of the heat.

king4day
09-07-2013, 05:59 PM

Many Suns fans felt this way last season. And I'm sure many Wolves did when they traded for him.
It's not worth arguing. He'll have his good games and he'll have his mostly bad ones.

Slug3
09-07-2013, 06:10 PM
If and a big if. He did come back to Miami. I just don't think he would be playing much.

beasted86
09-07-2013, 06:13 PM

king4day
09-07-2013, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmri0QZYKks

jerellh528
09-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Wouldnt be fair? lmao heat fans crack me up

Romo2Bryant
09-07-2013, 07:07 PM

He's a Bulls fan....

Riodagoat
09-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Hell to the no

topdog
09-07-2013, 07:30 PM

I was about to say: this is the move that kills the 3-peat.

NYKnickFanatic
09-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Beasley can ball. You guys are crazy. Just needs the right situation.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Some people are really silly. That would increase the talent level on the Heat. People will be surprise if they know who all smoke a lil Weed now and again. Smoking weed will do nothing to his talent. Hell is you think that bad just think he will be 8th man on the Heat and will be better than some teams second option. Lakers sign Williams another pot head as their back up power forward. Is that dude even an NBA player?

topdog
09-07-2013, 08:07 PM

Beasley is a chucker and an inefficient one at that. He adds no value to a team that is at its best when moving the ball.

Some people are really silly. That would increase the talent level on the Heat. People will be surprise if they know who all smoke a lil Weed now and again. Smoking weed will do nothing to his talent. Hell is you think that bad just think he will be 8th man on the Heat and will be better than some teams second option. Lakers sign Williams another pot head as their back up power forward. Is that dude even an NBA player?

Ummm... what is this obsession with talking weed when Beasley is brought up? The fact of the matter is that Beasley plays one-on-five and takes the worst shot available far to often - his signature step-into from the 3pt line into 2pt range. The guy has no basketball i.q. and can't manage to stay out of trouble off of the court (people want to talk about "everybody in the NBA smokes weed" well they're not stupid enough to get caught - that's the point!)

Stunner
09-07-2013, 08:44 PM

Not a heat fan

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 09:09 PM

your lame attempt at putting down heat fans cracks me up.

Knowledge
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Beasley isn't good and has never been good so I don't see any upside to this move.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2013, 09:48 PM
I pretty sure they know what they are doing.

then they would stay away from this ball stopping, off court headache.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM

no. He can not. His brain gets in the way, as does his complete lack of a right hand or ability to not chuck deep 2's to his hearts content after holding the ball for 10 seconds.

WITZ
09-07-2013, 10:16 PM
:laugh: "Wouldn't be fair"

Master Mind
09-07-2013, 10:27 PM
It makes perfect sense imo especially with how the Heat take an unconventional approach to positions. I can easily see a flat out offensive assault with a lineup of Chalmers or Cole or Ray Allen/Wade/Beasley/LBJ/Bosh. It make for quite a redemption story for Beas and perhaps the Heat for completely screwing up the #2 pick and missing out on Westbrook, Love, Lopez, Hibbert, etc. But hey we have Lebron so whatever. :shrug:

Master Mind
09-07-2013, 10:29 PM

Agreed.

NYKnickFanatic
09-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Beasley is a chucker and an inefficient one at that. He adds no value to a team that is at its best when moving the ball.

Ummm... what is this obsession with talking weed when Beasley is brought up? The fact of the matter is that Beasley plays one-on-five and takes the worst shot available far to often - his signature step-into from the 3pt line into 2pt range. The guy has no basketball i.q. and can't manage to stay out of trouble off of the court (people want to talk about "everybody in the NBA smokes weed" well they're not stupid enough to get caught - that's the point!)

no. He can not. His brain gets in the way, as does his complete lack of a right hand or ability to not chuck deep 2's to his hearts content after holding the ball for 10 seconds.

Beasley playing with LeBron would do wonders for him.

Sandman
09-07-2013, 10:44 PM

He's a ****ing idiot but he's a great talent. There's no way he could be a cancer to Miami. Unless he pulls a Delonte West.

Tony_Starks
09-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Beasely is going to have the best season of his career because Lebron "makes everybody better."

ldawg
09-07-2013, 10:45 PM

Ummm... what is this obsession with talking weed when Beasley is brought up? The fact of the matter is that Beasley plays one-on-five and takes the worst shot available far to often - his signature step-into from the 3pt line into 2pt range. The guy has no basketball i.q. and can't manage to stay out of trouble off of the court (people want to talk about "everybody in the NBA smokes weed" well they're not stupid enough to get caught - that's the point!)Would you say the same about Jr Smith? Did he not help Knicks to become one of the better teams in the east? Last time i look they were not trading him for Lebron. He is being added to the talent they already have.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Heat bench alone will be able to beat half the league. Pat will soon wish the nba would allow him to rent talent. If Oden can regain some of what he lost man this team may go for 4 in a row.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Beasley and Lebron together would be sick at times. Even Wade and Beasy can find that old time tune they had. I am not a Heat fan and dont really watch them play but if they land Beasley i am tuning in.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Beasley playing with LeBron would do wonders for him.

disagree. Beasley with a brain transportation maybe. The Heat are better off passing on him

ldawg
09-07-2013, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sntJ0tfgs

cant tell me he fell of from this after a few joints.

well he did not cause he light up lakers just January. A team featuring Pau, Kobe,Nash and was the best player in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI5sHU1bwrg

like it or not dude can put the orange ball in the hoop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIWGrlryvqg

FlashBolt
09-07-2013, 11:22 PM
You guys are forgetting that Miami has nothing to lose. Pick up Beasley, hope for the best. If he doesn't work out, sit him down and use the rest of the bench. Miami is still loaded up. You have Mike Miller gone but Rashard/James Jones have been clawing for minutes. I'm assuming Miami will also want to play Chalmers/Cole more minutes as well -which plays out really great for them regardless. Just like with Oden, win win situation. I think Beasley can put up 10-15 easily if Miami can put some class into him. LJ can certainly make him better.. He was basically the scorer in PHX and Wolves. Imagine if he had Wade/James/Bosh taking the attention.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Dude just lost focus playing for the Suns but make no mistake dude can play. And its not like they are asking him to be franchise. Pat would have a big grin on his face having Lebron, Wade, Bosh and still have a gun that can light you up on the bench.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 11:38 PM
You guys are forgetting that Miami has nothing to lose. Pick up Beasley, hope for the best. If he doesn't work out, sit him down and use the rest of the bench. Miami is still loaded up. You have Mike Miller gone but Rashard/James Jones have been clawing for minutes. I'm assuming Miami will also want to play Chalmers/Cole more minutes as well -which plays out really great for them regardless. Just like with Oden, win win situation. I think Beasley can put up 10-15 easily if Miami can put some class into him. LJ can certainly make him better.. He was basically the scorer in PHX and Wolves. Imagine if he had Wade/James/Bosh taking the attention.I am not a Heat fan but anyone that is calling this a dumb signing is nuts. I am starting to think they are just hating. Cause signing him has 0 risk. Worst case him and Haslem lite up one after the game have a snack and be good to go in the morning.

FlashBolt
09-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I am not a Heat fan but anyone that is calling this a dumb signing is nuts. I agree he is no franchise player but he is still an above average talent especially on the offensive end but dude can ball. He just have to be on a team that is playing for something.

Yes, I agree. The only problem will be keeping him dedicated and that shouldn't be hard once they start winning and clicking. It gets hard when you are playing for losing teams and that probably caused him to not stay motivated. It's not an excuse but let's not pretend that it doesn't happen. Players get lazy and unmotivated when they have nothing to play for. Michael Beasley can be a productive player for Miami. Heck, he might even develop to a sixth man. He's still young and has a lot in him. 15 points and 5 rebounds per game is not out of reach just yet. I wish OKC would give him a look since they got rid of Kevin Martin. They could use another scorer to back up Durant and Westbrook.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Beasy can net 15 and 4 easy. He can shoot and put the ball on the floor so he would work great with either Kd or Lebron in Small stints. Hell he is talented enough to do it without them.

WadeKobe
09-07-2013, 11:51 PM
I am so ashamed to be a Heat can on PSD. :pity:

Beasley is trash. He isn't good, he is a bad scorer, and would be a detriment to the Heat's success if he ever saw real minutes. What's more is he has always been an inefficient shooter and a poor rebounder. Wages of Wins predicted he would be an enormous bust in the NBA even if he had "kept his head in the game." Beasley has always been very athletic, but never really been good at the things that make you a good basketball player in the NBA. He can rebound, he can't shoot, and he can't play defense. He is essentially worthless.

ldawg
09-07-2013, 11:52 PM

Ummm... what is this obsession with talking weed when Beasley is brought up? The fact of the matter is that Beasley plays one-on-five and takes the worst shot available far to often - his signature step-into from the 3pt line into 2pt range. The guy has no basketball i.q. and can't manage to stay out of trouble off of the court (people want to talk about "everybody in the NBA smokes weed" well they're not stupid enough to get caught - that's the point!)Would you say the same about Jr Smith? Did he not help Knicks to become one of the better teams in the east? Last time i look they were not trading him for Lebron.

WadeKobe
09-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Beasy can net 15 and 4 easy.

No, he can't. Throughout his career how many shots would that take him? 18? No way Miami lets him take that many shots away from people who are actually good shooters. Wtf? When will people learn basketball? FFS.

FlashBolt
09-08-2013, 12:06 AM
No, he can't. Throughout his career how many shots would that take him? 18? No way Miami lets him take that many shots away from people who are actually good shooters. Wtf? When will people learn basketball? FFS.

The question is when will you learn basketball. Shane is getting older, Allen is getting older, and Rashard is old as well. The idea is that Beasley is a young player who can become a threat on the offensive end. With Mike Miller gone, that leaves more minutes to Miami's starters/bench. Why not sign a young player for the near minimum? Also, Wade needs time to recover. Whatever he's going through, it's not a minor situation. Miami should consider sitting Wade out in between games and let Beasley carry some of the load. This works out great for Miami because they can limit Wade to 50-60 games while allowing Beasley to move in and become set in the system. Let's not also forget that this will space the floor even more for Miami. If Bosh plays the C, put Beasley at the 4 and spread the floor. It's not an ideal move but for a team that plays small, it's not farfetched. Honestly, if I'm a Heat fan, I would think this is a no brainer. Yes, he has some priorities to adjust but the dude is just smoking marijuana. There are so many players out there who smoke it - they just don't get caught. Marijuana is easy to let go of when you're winning. When you're losing, it's sad and accumulate a lot of stress.

A lineup of:

C: Bosh
PF: Beasley
SG: Wade
SF: James
PG: Chalmers

and a bench consisting of:

Ray Allen
Chris Andersen
Greg Oden
Rashard Lewis
Shane Battier
James Jones
Norris Cole
Joel Anthony

Solid squad. Worst case scenario, take Beasley out. They can already take Varnado -who didn't play last year but took up a roster spot. Why not take someone who can still put up 10 points easy?

topdog
09-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Would you say the same about Jr Smith? Did he not help Knicks to become one of the better teams in the east? Last time i look they were not trading him for Lebron. He is being added to the talent they already have.

Would you say the same about Jr Smith? Did he not help Knicks to become one of the better teams in the east? Last time i look they were not trading him for Lebron.

Are we post padding here or what?

I do not ascribe to the notion that J.R. Smith is a good player. What he does have on Beasley is 1) he plays perhaps the weakest position in the league (SG) and 2) he shoots 3s instead of long twos (6 per 36 vs. Beasley's 3 last year).

A guard that shoots 42% from the field is not an asset to most teams, but New York's strategy was very much focused on the 3 pointer (again a shot Beasley often turns down to step into a long 2) last year and Smith hit 35.6% with his career rate at 36.7% on 7 attempts per 36 minutes. Beasley simply fails to make his career 34.5% clip work for him by only shooting 2 per 36. If he hasn't "gotten it" yet, why should we assume that in year 6 he suddenly will?

JasonJohnHorn
09-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Yeah. They need another forward... because James and Battier and Lewis and Haslem, and Bosh and Jones aren't enough. Ever team should have six forwards at least and then use the other six spots to fill up the point guard, shooting guard and center spots.

Meaze_Gibson
09-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Beasley has an above average to elite midrange game capable of being able put ball on floor. He turns down the three because the facts show that he is better at the long two and can hit the shot at an elite clip. He'd be a great fit in a place where he can play the 4 and with an already established team and vet leadership. He played his best with Miami and I feel he'd be a good fit with them now as well

Goose17
09-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't like Beasley. But this is a low risk deal, they don't need him and they don't really lose anything by taking him on. If it works out and Lebron and co can keep him level headed, it could be very beneficial.

NJrockPD
09-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Where does the Heat get all of this money?

FlashBolt
09-08-2013, 12:29 PM
For those concerned about Beasley, do you really think the legendary Pat Riley and tutelage of James, Wade, Battier, and Ray Allen won't help Beasley? They aren't just going to let Beasley come in and smoke weed. They have a clear goal to steer him into the right direction. If for the minimum, there is no downside to this. Think of all the moves Pat has made since their big three era. He hasn't made one bad move and if anyone can turn a player around, it's Riley. Michael Beasley won't be playing the way he did in Phx with James/Wade on the court. He will just be a spotup like everyone else.

ManRam
09-08-2013, 12:37 PM
We should just shut this down. No way a title contender takes a flier on him right now.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2013, 01:02 PM
For those concerned about Beasley, do you really think the legendary Pat Riley and tutelage of James, Wade, Battier, and Ray Allen won't help Beasley? They aren't just going to let Beasley come in and smoke weed. They have a clear goal to steer him into the right direction. If for the minimum, there is no downside to this. Think of all the moves Pat has made since their big three era. He hasn't made one bad move and if anyone can turn a player around, it's Riley. Michael Beasley won't be playing the way he did in Phx with James/Wade on the court. He will just be a spotup like everyone else.

This.

How people keep talking about him being a chucker and that it won't change has to be some form of passive aggression. Everything about Beas is going to change. He's not going to be taking bad shots and going 1 on 5. That's just stupid to say. He's going to play how the Heat tell him to play. Same way Wade and Bosh have changed there games to play with Lebron and become more efficient, so will Beas, and for him it will show and do a lot more for him because his style was the least efficient in the first place.

Funny how suns can pay this guy 9mill and noone give it half the crap that Heat get for maybe giving this guy the minimum.

Also I think a couple of people on here don't want to see Beas succeed, especially after he may have crapped the bed while he was at there teams lol.

Anyway, its just stupid to say it bad for the Heat to take this guy with the minimum. Hed be the best 12th man in the league by far.

beliges
09-08-2013, 01:03 PM

Well with the superstars and talent they have its already been a bit unfair.

SportsFanatic10
09-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Where does the Heat get all of this money?

it would be for the vet min, you can sign players at the min even once you're over the cap. they'd have to pay the tax on it essentially doubling it though. but i don't see this happening.

SteBO
09-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah...no. That ship has sailed and I doubt it's coming back. The Miami detractors can exhale now.

topdog
09-08-2013, 03:44 PM
How people keep talking about him being a chucker and that it won't change has to be some form of passive aggression. Everything about Beas is going to change. He's not going to be taking bad shots and going 1 on 5. That's just stupid to say. He's going to play how the Heat tell him to play. Same way Wade and Bosh have changed there games to play with Lebron and become more efficient, so will Beas, and for him it will show and do a lot more for him because his style was the least efficient in the first place.

No, it's stupid to say just the opposite: "of course he's going to change the way he always has played." How many times has that logic actually worked out whether in sports or countless women who date the "bad boy" who they're going to tame?

Funny how suns can pay this guy 9mill and noone give it half the crap that Heat get for maybe giving this guy the minimum.

By that logic, Tyrus Thomas should have a team by now...

Also I think a couple of people on here don't want to see Beas succeed, especially after he may have crapped the bed while he was at there teams lol.

Think again. Suns fans didn't trust us last year and look what happened there. When you watch the guy for 80 games + and see his complete lack of basketball i.q. you realize his talent is going to go to waste.

its just stupid to say it bad for the Heat to take this guy with the minimum. Hed be the best 12th man in the league by far.

It's not stupid as it still takes a roster spot and you still have the guy in your locker room and hanging out with your team. Right now, the Heat have 16 players on their roster so they'd have to let go of 2 to sign Beasley. I believe Ennis is going to Australia (but is going there because they will allow him out if the Heat call him up) so you've got Juwan Howard or Jarvis Varnardo to cut - in other words do you really want to reduce size and defense for even more offense? That, when you've already got James Jones to spread the floor and hit 3s while already knowing his role?

IKnowHoops
09-08-2013, 04:48 PM
No, it's stupid to say just the opposite: "of course he's going to change the way he always has played." How many times has that logic actually worked out whether in sports or countless women who date the "bad boy" who they're going to tame?

By that logic, Tyrus Thomas should have a team by now...

Think again. Suns fans didn't trust us last year and look what happened there. When you watch the guy for 80 games + and see his complete lack of basketball i.q. you realize his talent is going to go to waste.

It's not stupid as it still takes a roster spot and you still have the guy in your locker room and hanging out with your team. Right now, the Heat have 16 players on their roster so they'd have to let go of 2 to sign Beasley. I believe Ennis is going to Australia (but is going there because they will allow him out if the Heat call him up) so you've got Juwan Howard or Jarvis Varnardo to cut - in other words do you really want to reduce size and defense for even more offense? That, when you've already got James Jones to spread the floor and hit 3s while already knowing his role?

Neither Juwan nor Jarvis played at all last year and the Heat added Oden. Heat loose nothing because they have already gained defense and rebounding that they didn't have last year. Offensively they were kind of dismal at times when wade and bosh struggled. Would of been nice to have another scorer.

FlashBolt
09-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Can any of you guys name a player better than Beasley at the minimum salary? We all saw what he could do with the wolves. Put him in Miami, where he enjoyed playing with Wade. I don't think he's done. How can you say that when he's only 24? Doesn't make sense. As for the roster spot, Miami stuck it out with Juwan and Jarvis. I don't think the roster spot is the issue here.

topdog
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Neither Juwan nor Jarvis played at all last year and the Heat added Oden. Heat loose nothing because they have already gained defense and rebounding that they didn't have last year. Offensively they were kind of dismal at times when wade and bosh struggled. Would of been nice to have another scorer.

Can any of you guys name a player better than Beasley at the minimum salary? We all saw what he could do with the wolves. Put him in Miami, where he enjoyed playing with Wade. I don't think he's done. How can you say that when he's only 24? Doesn't make sense. As for the roster spot, Miami stuck it out with Juwan and Jarvis. I don't think the roster spot is the issue here.

It'd have to be a non-guaranteed contract for sure if you're going to use your last roster spot on Beasley otherwise you are unable to address issues that might arise with injuries over the year. Additionally, Beasley has not been able to stay out of trouble off of the court. Is it worth the bad press and potentially distracting other players for what Beasley brings?

Oden is hardly any sort of improvement or solution until he actually shows he can stay healthy 3 years since being on the court. It's also a hard sell to say that the second highest offensive rated team in the league needs more offense.

Finally, why do you need another SF/small-ball 4 when you have Battier and Jones to go with Lebron and some sort of expectation to play a bit bigger if Oden is healthy i.e. more Bosh at 4 and Lebron at 3? Jones has barely been used the last few years but is a 39.9% 3pt shooter on volume shooting which certainly trumps anything Beasley brings while keeping the ball moving with Lebron and Wade's usage not being cut into.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
It'd have to be a non-guaranteed contract for sure if you're going to use your last roster spot on Beasley otherwise you are unable to address issues that might arise with injuries over the year. Additionally, Beasley has not been able to stay out of trouble off of the court. Is it worth the bad press and potentially distracting other players for what Beasley brings?

Oden is hardly any sort of improvement or solution until he actually shows he can stay healthy 3 years since being on the court. It's also a hard sell to say that the second highest offensive rated team in the league needs more offense.

Finally, why do you need another SF/small-ball 4 when you have Battier and Jones to go with Lebron and some sort of expectation to play a bit bigger if Oden is healthy i.e. more Bosh at 4 and Lebron at 3? Jones has barely been used the last few years but is a 39.9% 3pt shooter on volume shooting which certainly trumps anything Beasley brings while keeping the ball moving with Lebron and Wade's usage not being cut into.

Beas does everything else better than James Jones. I guess when you start saying James Jones is better than Beas then I see how far apart we are. We will just let time tell. Hopefully he signs with Miami so one of us has a chance to be right.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many time Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

WadeKobe
09-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Beas does everything else better than James Jones. I guess when you start saying James Jones is better than Beas then I see how far apart we are. We will just let time tell. Hopefully he signs with Miami so one of us has a chance to be right.

Beasley isn't good at anything. Why do people make stuff up?

And what is this word "scorer"? Beasley is not a scorer. He is a chucker. Scorers put the ball through the basket efficiently. Any 3 in the NBA can score given enough shots. Just Bc a guy scores by taking a bunch of shots does not make them a scorer, it makes them bad for their team.

Jamiecballer
09-08-2013, 09:49 PM
my opinion - if they use him to spell someone for 4-5 mins at a time it's a good move. if he becomes a bigger part of the team than that it's a disaster.

FlashBolt
09-08-2013, 09:51 PM

And what is this word "scorer"? Beasley is not a scorer. He is a chucker. Scorers put the ball through the basket efficiently. Any 3 in the NBA can score given enough shots. Just Bc a guy scores by taking a bunch of shots does not make them a scorer, it makes them bad for their team.

Do you know what a scorer means? A scorer is someone who can put the ball in the basket through multiple wqys. Beasley can do that. Chucker? His only bad season was last year with the phoenix and that was when he was the 2nd option. If he was the 5th option on Miami, you better watch out for him. I think you have been misinformed. A chucker is J.R.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2013, 10:11 PM

As a rookie he scored more efficiently than Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady ever have in there entire careers. You need to stop making up stuff.

Chronz
09-08-2013, 10:25 PM

As a rookie he scored more efficiently than Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady ever have in there entire careers. You need to stop making up stuff.
Its more likely you don't know much about efficiency, especially if youre relying on plain ol fg%

ldawg
09-08-2013, 11:05 PM
LoL at folk who thinks a 24 year old person that smoke weed lost their skills. The only way he is done in the NBA is if teams dont want a weed smoker on their staff. Dude been smoking weed before he hit foot the NBA. He just need to figure out how to be a saint. Cause the Law will let a Killer provoke shoot and Kill a human become a Hero but lock a man up for 3 joints and label him the scum of the earth. Some law we got. Is weed still illegal and while alcohol and cigars remain a social substance.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Its more likely you don't know much about efficiency, especially if youre relying on plain ol fg%

Your right, Im fine with saying that Beas shot a better fg% as a RC than Kobe and Mcgrady ever have in there life. The fact that the stat changed doesn't make it any less remarkable.

Chronz
09-08-2013, 11:30 PM

Your right, Im fine with saying that Beas shot a better fg% as a RC than Kobe and Mcgrady ever have in there life. The fact that the stat changed doesn't make it any less remarkable.
Actually it makes it exponentially less remarkable. Why would anyone care about fg% in place of efficiency?

Chronz
09-08-2013, 11:31 PM
LoL at folk who thinks a 24 year old person that smoke weed lost their skills. The only way he is done in the NBA is if teams dont want a weed smoker on their staff. Dude been smoking weed before he hit foot the NBA. He just need to figure out how to be a saint. Case the Law will let a Killer stand his ground to become a Hero but lock a man up for 3 joints and lable him the scum of the earth. Some law we got.
Laws are a changing

ldawg
09-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Beasley is not as bad as he is being lable his crimes are very minor. Point is he can ball. If he goes to the heat he will increase their talent level. They will not sign Beasley and all of a sudden they suck. That makes 0 sense. When this dude got his game face on he can ball with the best of them.

ldawg
09-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I don't like Beasley. But this is a low risk deal, they don't need him and they don't really lose anything by taking him on. If it works out and Lebron and co can keep him level headed, it could be very beneficial.I think you are or were an A student.

chitownredbulls
09-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol he freaking sucks ***!!!!!!! Bad attitude and thinks he's better than he actually is lol...please go to the heat....but if not, have a good time in china or turkey or europe you ****ing piece of ****....lol

ldawg
09-09-2013, 12:12 AM
For those concerned about Beasley, do you really think the legendary Pat Riley and tutelage of James, Wade, Battier, and Ray Allen won't help Beasley? They aren't just going to let Beasley come in and smoke weed. They have a clear goal to steer him into the right direction. If for the minimum, there is no downside to this. Think of all the moves Pat has made since their big three era. He hasn't made one bad move and if anyone can turn a player around, it's Riley. Michael Beasley won't be playing the way he did in Phx with James/Wade on the court. He will just be a spotup like everyone else.thats a B+ right there. Some people take the hate to far and just cant think logical.

ldawg
09-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Lol he freaking sucks ***!!!!!!! Bad attitude and thinks he's better than he actually is lol...please go to the heat....but if not, have a good time in china or turkey or europe you ****ing piece of ****....lolDont worry he wont be as bad as Radmanovic....lol

SportsFanatic10
09-09-2013, 12:22 AM

actually there is, you don't mess with the locker room chemistry when you're in the heats position. will beasley be able to handle a lesser role? will he be professional like james jones and rashard lewis and stay engaged and ready from the bench? will he play within the offense and take smart shots? will he suddenly become dedicated to his craft and develop the necessary work ethic? will he be focused on the defensive end? the answer to all this is probably not. the heat don't need him and his distractions. i have nothing against weed in fact i love it too lol, but miami is a championship or bust team and everyone has to be focused on one thing in that locker room and that's going for the 3peat.

ldawg
09-09-2013, 12:26 AM
actually there is, you don't mess with the locker room chemistry when you're in the heats position. will beasley be able to handle a lesser role? will he be professional like james jones and rashard lewis and stay engaged and ready from the bench? will he play within the offense and take smart shots? will he suddenly become dedicated to his craft and develop the necessary work ethic? will he be focused on the defensive end? the answer to all this is probably not. the heat don't need him and his distractions. i have nothing against weed in fact i love it too lol, but miami is a championship or bust team and everyone has to be focused on one thing in that locker room and that's going for the 3peat.well if 3 peat is the Goal they better sign him up cause Indy coming for that ***. Beasley is better than 80% of the players on Miami bench.

SportsFanatic10
09-09-2013, 12:35 AM
well if 3 peat is the Goal they better sign him up cause Indy coming for that ***. Beasley is better than 80% of the players on Miami bench.

wade's health is all that matters this playoffs for the heat, if he's not healthy beasley isn't gonna be the difference, at least not in a good way. a healthy wade and lebron will be enough to take on all challengers, look what they did to indy two years ago without bosh, and wade wasn't even all that healthy then. he will make or break this playoff run.

ldawg
09-09-2013, 12:41 AM
wade's health is all that matters this playoffs for the heat, if he's not healthy beasley isn't gonna be the difference, at least not in a good way. a healthy wade and lebron will be enough to take on all challengers, look what they did to indy two years ago without bosh, and wade wasn't even all that healthy then. he will make or break this playoff run.Wade Healthy or Not Indy is going to be in the ***. Hell he cant be worst than Rashad Lewis.

SportsFanatic10
09-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Wade Healthy or Not Indy is going to be in the ***. Hell cant be worst than Rashad Lewis.

beasley's talent isn't the problem, it's his dedication and professionalism along with a poor basketball iq. he is not the answer. there isn't anyone out there that the heat can sign at this point that will make the difference they have enough to do it, health will be very important this season though. with teams like indy and brooklyn improving and gunning for them miami won't win without their health this season plain and simple imo. that will be the deciding factor.

ldawg
09-09-2013, 12:53 AM
beasley's talent isn't the problem, it's his dedication and professionalism along with a poor basketball iq. he is not the answer. there isn't anyone out there that the heat can sign at this point that will make the difference they have enough to do it, health will be very important this season though. with teams like indy and brooklyn improving and gunning for them miami won't win without their health this season plain and simple imo. that will be the deciding factor.How can you stay healthy if your bench aint deep. Thats how you three peat you dont bring back the old tired bench. The bench keep you healthy and the stars minutes down.

SportsFanatic10
09-09-2013, 01:03 AM
How can you stay healthy if your bench aint deep thats how you three peat you dont bring back the old tired bench

cole/allen/battier/birdman/lewis/oden(eventually probably around the allstar break)anthony/jones will be fine. the heat can still add someone for the mle later on when the buyouts happen if they see fit. the heat can get away with playing those guys more all season if need be since they'll obviously rack up the wins regardless. i just don't see that as a problem, but that's just my opinion. the heat seem to share it since they've strongly denied interest in beasley, i guess we'll find out though.

in the playoffs the heat can have one of lebron or wade out there at all times to lead the offense. lebron will play the whole first quarter with wade coming out with around 3min left. then wade will start the 2nd and lebron will get a 3 or 4 min break. then wade comes back out for a few mins before they close the half together and then of course a similar arrangement in the 2nd half. and obviously bosh plays big minutes and ray allen's go up a bit as well. they don't need beasley to lead the 2nd unit with his ball stopping and poor shot selection, not to mention the lack of defense on the other end.

edit:
also i've seen beasley play plenty, and i've seen enough to not think he's worth the headaches he comes with. it's telling that twolves and suns fans agree.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 03:12 AM
I think Beasley will be more beneficial to keeping wade off the court for extended minutes. He will do very well with the Heat.

SportsFanatic10
09-09-2013, 04:44 AM
I think Beasley will be more beneficial to keeping wade off the court for extended minutes. He will do very well with the Heat.

you make it sound like he's signed, sealed, and delivered. the heat refute the rumors that they are interested, only time will tell but it doesn't look like it's going to happen as of right now. and beasley isn't a guard, so not really as far as wade goes.

TheIlladelph16
09-09-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm very confused by a couple of things with a couple things in this thread:

Non-Heat fans saying that its somehow unfair they are getting an absolute chucker with a questionable locker room presence and character concerns....

Heat fans saying that said chucker is going to somehow be a benefit to their team....

When did Michael ****ing Beasley all of a sudden become an asset in the NBA again? He hasn't been one in any capacity since his rookie year, and that was based largely on his perceived potential at that point.

dhopisthename
09-09-2013, 12:12 PM

Non-Heat fans saying that its somehow unfair they are getting an absolute chucker with a questionable locker room presence and character concerns....

Heat fans saying that said chucker is going to somehow be a benefit to their team....

When did Michael ****ing Beasley all of a sudden become an asset in the NBA again? He hasn't been one in any capacity since his rookie year, and that was based largely on his perceived potential at that point.
I think most heat fans don't want him

TheIlladelph16
09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I think most heat fans don't want him

That's my impression as well, but there are a valiant few defending the idea. I'm just not sure its a good idea whatsoever.

FlashBolt
09-09-2013, 12:48 PM

you make it sound like he's signed, sealed, and delivered. the heat refute the rumors that they are interested, only time will tell but it doesn't look like it's going to happen as of right now. and beasley isn't a guard, so not really as far as wade goes.

How would you know MB's basketball IQ? That would mean Kobe has a low basketball IQ because he takes plenty of silly shots. I think you just watch Heat games and the occasional nationally televised matchups. Locker room chemistry is a joke of an excuse. They just brought Oden in and they have spots open on their roster as well. They will eventually have to sign someone new or keep Juwan/Jarvis. Both who haven't played a thing. Beasley would be the 4th option on that team behind James, Wade, Bosh, and maybe Allen. The chemistry is also there as it has been reported that the veterans are all in for this since Wade, Riley, Chalmers, and Haslem are all former teammates. The funniest and silliest part of your post is how you stated that Beasley isn't a guard and thus can't fulfill Wade's role.. If you knew anything about Heat basketball, you would know that they are practically a position-less team. They have SF's in place of PG's in many cases.

hotdalton18
09-09-2013, 12:53 PM

actually there is, you don't mess with the locker room chemistry when you're in the heats position. will beasley be able to handle a lesser role? will he be professional like james jones and rashard lewis and stay engaged and ready from the bench? will he play within the offense and take smart shots? will he suddenly become dedicated to his craft and develop the necessary work ethic? will he be focused on the defensive end? the answer to all this is probably not. the heat don't need him and his distractions. i have nothing against weed in fact i love it too lol, but miami is a championship or bust team and everyone has to be focused on one thing in that locker room and that's going for the 3peat.

Chemistry ? The heat players want him back there , he was really close to rio , wade and Haslem to.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
He he messes up chemistry cut him. If he starts chucking, cut him. If he becomes a cancer, cut him. If he falls in line and finishes around the hoop after d wade and Lebron feed him off there own double teams, Winning! There is no downside to a minimum contract. Ill take bets with anyone on this if and when he gets signed.

Sandman
09-09-2013, 01:43 PM

I think you are merging his off court personality with his on court play.

He has been a disappointment as the #2 pick and for all the expectations that have followed him, but there is no way he'd have been waived if not for the drug issues. Basketball wise he still has a lot of talent & most if not all would be lucky to have a guy with that talent level. Yes he has been inefficient in the past but shot selection is the type of thing that can change pretty easily being the 4-5th option. A lot of guys in the league get blasted for this and I don't think you can blame a guy for his role.

I do agree on the other side though.. getting him to sack up and choose the game over the weed is the real issue here and it is a huge one. His talent is real though.

chitownredbulls
09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Dont worry he wont be as bad as Radmanovic....lol

Lol your right...he'll be even worse hahahahaha

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Actually it makes it exponentially less remarkable. Why would anyone care about fg% in place of efficiency?

Its not that its more important man, its the fact that how is beasley shooting better from the field as a RC than two of the greatest scorers in NBA history. And this FACT also makes it stupid to say that Beasley sucks. The better the players are around you, the better and more efficient of a player can be. Again, not saying that fg% is more important the TS% but I am saying that I am equally surprised that Beas could be better at either over Tmac or Kobe.

If he had a better TS% than Kobe or Tmac for there whole career, I am surprised
If he had a better FG% than Kobe or Tmac for there whole career, I am surprised

Understand? See how my surprise does not change. See how they are both equally unlikely.

KingPosey
09-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Oh ya, at the VERY least he will do what Manu and Harden did/do off the bench. At the very least.

RCarlson85
09-09-2013, 04:02 PM

Heat fans saying that said chucker is going to somehow be a benefit to their team....When did Michael ****ing Beasley all of a sudden become an asset in the NBA again? He hasn't been one in any capacity since his rookie year, and that was based largely on his perceived potential at that point.

I definitely don't want him, but I have seen a few Heat fans that seem to for some reason. He doesn't have a good attitude and doesn't have a good work ethic either. He's lazy and just doesn't seem to care about getting better or realizing the potential that he had when he was taken #2. I don't want to risk the team chemistry by bringing in a head case like him.

I've seen some people make an argument for signing Beasley by saying that Birdman has had some off-court problems but look how well he worked out for the Heat. That's not a fair comparison at all. Beasley's problems go beyond off-court issues, he has on-court issues as well. No one is going to question Birdman's work ethic or the effort he gives on the court every night. I don't ever expect to see that level of intensity or passion from Beasley which is why he's not worth the risk in my opinion...even at the minimum.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Oh ya, at the VERY least he will do what Manu and Harden did/do off the bench. At the very least. Common man, don't be a trick. He won;t produce on there level but he can assume the roll.

Muttman73
09-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Sure, go poison that locker room for awhile, all yours Miami.

Sandman
09-09-2013, 05:08 PM
How would you know MB's basketball IQ? That would mean Kobe has a low basketball IQ because he takes plenty of silly shots. I think you just watch Heat games and the occasional nationally televised matchups. Locker room chemistry is a joke of an excuse. They just brought Oden in and they have spots open on their roster as well. They will eventually have to sign someone new or keep Juwan/Jarvis. Both who haven't played a thing. Beasley would be the 4th option on that team behind James, Wade, Bosh, and maybe Allen. The chemistry is also there as it has been reported that the veterans are all in for this since Wade, Riley, Chalmers, and Haslem are all former teammates. The funniest and silliest part of your post is how you stated that Beasley isn't a guard and thus can't fulfill Wade's role.. If you knew anything about Heat basketball, you would know that they are practically a position-less team. They have SF's in place of PG's in many cases.
The Heat are practically positionless just like you said and thats the very reason Beasley could spell Wade.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 05:13 PM
The Heat are practically positionless just like you said and thats the very reason Beasley could spell Wade.

The two of you agree. The wording of his retort makes it seem like he's saying that Beasley can't fill in for wade, but he is just copying what the other poster said.

Sandman
09-09-2013, 05:18 PM
The two of you agree. The wording of his retort makes it seem like he's saying that Beasley can't fill in for wade, but he is just copying what the other poster said.

yup you are right. I misunderstood.

RiceOnTheRun
09-09-2013, 06:06 PM
It is what it is. The Heat don't need him, he would be a "luxury" just like Oden. I'd probably say even Oden has a bettter chance of being a factor than Beasley. But if he ends up contributing, great, the Heat become an even deeper team. If not, they still have the best player in the game that plays the same positions. Let's face it, he's most likely not playing in any closing or important minutes. With Bosh, Birdman, Haslem, Battier, possibly Oden and of course Lebron, their frontcourt is pretty stacked already. He would come in sparingly for Lebron to give them an option to give Lebron some rest during the regular season. He is talented, there's no denying that.

As far as the "bad influence" thing, who's he really going to impact? Bron, Bosh and Wade? The other veterans? Chalmers and Cole should definitely know better by now, and they already have plenty other role models in their teammates.

tldr; If he's good, great. If he sucks, he's out of the league for good.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/23528604/report-heat-interested-in-signing-michael-beasley

IKnowHoops
09-09-2013, 07:19 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1767146-why-michael-beasley-is-the-perfect-free-agent-gamble-for-miami-heat

Stunner
09-09-2013, 07:54 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1767146-why-michael-beasley-is-the-perfect-free-agent-gamble-for-miami-heat

Basically

topdog
09-09-2013, 07:54 PM
I think you are merging his off court personality with his on court play.

He has been a disappointment as the #2 pick and for all the expectations that have followed him, but there is no way he'd have been waived if not for the drug issues. Basketball wise he still has a lot of talent & most if not all would be lucky to have a guy with that talent level. Yes he has been inefficient in the past but shot selection is the type of thing that can change pretty easily being the 4-5th option. A lot of guys in the league get blasted for this and I don't think you can blame a guy for his role.

I do agree on the other side though.. getting him to sack up and choose the game over the weed is the real issue here and it is a huge one. His talent is real though.

I'm only merging on and off the court so far as to say that there is no evidence for him being one of the few who actually does adapt their games to fit in on a good team. Had Beasley actually followed through on his "I want to be a leader" and "I'm done with pot" declarations then there would be some sort of evidence that he is capable of changing on some level since he hasn't shown it on the court.

I don't think that anyone doubts Beasley has talent, but he hasn't shown any signs of utilizing it for anything more than volume stats and to make more difficult shots than he needs to take. Miami is not desperate enough to risk any type of interruption to their championship flow.

topdog
09-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Why do the Heat need another player though? They still have those high caliber acquisitions of Allen and Battier and you may as well say Chris Anderson/Greg Oden were this year's free agency hall if you really want them to have done something.

Sandman
09-10-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm only merging on and off the court so far as to say that there is no evidence for him being one of the few who actually does adapt their games to fit in on a good team. Had Beasley actually followed through on his "I want to be a leader" and "I'm done with pot" declarations then there would be some sort of evidence that he is capable of changing on some level since he hasn't shown it on the court.

I don't think that anyone doubts Beasley has talent, but he hasn't shown any signs of utilizing it for anything more than volume stats and to make more difficult shots than he needs to take. Miami is not desperate enough to risk any type of interruption to their championship flow.

I don't disagree with anything that you're saying, I just think the lines are being blurred a bit. There are definitely parallels between his humility on/off the court but it needs to be clear that even though he can be a chucker or a volume shooter, nothing he has done on the court would make ANY team avoid him especially at a min price. It is the drugs and only the drugs that sets him apart -- i can't keep a straight face, what sets him apart is getting caught multiple times and still having the audacity to choose the weed over the game. Still, this is what sets him apart. He is not a top 25 player (even though with a straight ****ing head he should be), but the flack he catches about being inefficient is fodder. All 30 teams would take him in a heartbeat. Could he improve his game if he improved his life, yes absolutely. But he is definitely a good player as is, at least on the court - the Heat & no other team will turn him down for basketball reasons.

TheIlladelph16
09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I definitely don't want him, but I have seen a few Heat fans that seem to for some reason. He doesn't have a good attitude and doesn't have a good work ethic either. He's lazy and just doesn't seem to care about getting better or realizing the potential that he had when he was taken #2. I don't want to risk the team chemistry by bringing in a head case like him.

I've seen some people make an argument for signing Beasley by saying that Birdman has had some off-court problems but look how well he worked out for the Heat. That's not a fair comparison at all. Beasley's problems go beyond off-court issues, he has on-court issues as well. No one is going to question Birdman's work ethic or the effort he gives on the court every night. I don't ever expect to see that level of intensity or passion from Beasley which is why he's not worth the risk in my opinion...even at the minimum.

Agreed. I see this is as a pretty decent risk with very little benefit to it.

colinskik
09-10-2013, 01:09 PM
If there are concerns about his off-court lifestyle, bringing him back to Miami is arguably the worst thing for him. I saw him there in the offseason smoking a blunt in public. This is where he began his career and his drug smoking ways.

NOt that I personally have a problem with it or think it's the reason for his sputtering career, but if front office exes do then they should think about how MIA will only intensify the problem.

On the flip side, going to places like PHX and MN didn't stop him from being an idiot with his weed use, so at this point you probably have to chalk it up to his personality more than anything.

Slug3
09-10-2013, 01:33 PM
If there are concerns about his off-court lifestyle, bringing him back to Miami is arguably the worst thing for him. I saw him there in the offseason smoking a blunt in public. This is where he began his career and his drug smoking ways.

NOt that I personally have a problem with it or think it's the reason for his sputtering career, but if front office exes do then they should think about how MIA will only intensify the problem.

On the flip side, going to places like PHX and MN didn't stop him from being an idiot with his weed use, so at this point you probably have to chalk it up to his personality more than anything.

Yeah, I think anywhere he goes he is still going to smoke.

FlashBolt
09-10-2013, 05:41 PM
So because he gets caught smoking, he can't play basketball? Sorry, not buying it. He can ball and that's what Miami needs. Someone who can contribute without hurting their budget.

Slug3
09-10-2013, 05:45 PM
So because he gets caught smoking, he can't play basketball? Sorry, not buying it. He can ball and that's what Miami needs. Someone who can contribute without hurting their budget.

Yes he has talent. But he just wastes it. He can't "ball" because he is too lazy to work on his game.

FlashBolt
09-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Yes he has talent. But he just wastes it. He can't "ball" because he is too lazy to work on his game.

He can't ball because he had one bad year in Phoenix? Please, enlighten me. One year doesn't diminish his career. He was incredibly efficient his first four.

ramsizzle
09-10-2013, 06:36 PM
He can't ball because he had one bad year in Phoenix? Please, enlighten me. One year doesn't diminish his career. He was incredibly efficient his first four.

He can't ball because he sucks. His efficiency has dropped every year as a starter and he was never a good defender to begin with. At this point he is a BAD basketball player with cheap upside.

BIG worm
09-10-2013, 06:44 PM

Micheal Beasley "incredibly" efficient???? Please enlighten me with his incredible efficiency numbers.

FlashBolt
09-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Funny.. Michael Beasley per 36 is higher than J.R Smith, who won sixth man. So if he's inefficient, at least he's a sixth man, huh? Find me a sixth man in the minimum salary better than Beasley.

topdog
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
OMG! Yes, I am resorting to tweenage language out of sheer not-getting-it-ness. Beasley is highly inefficient with a low basketball IQ. He has generated a total of -0.2 offensive win shares in 5 years in the league despite supposedly being a gifted offensive player (in other words, he's a CHUCKER!)

This is not about his drug use and getting caught. It's about what Beasley actually does on the court - jacks long twos and takes a shot roughly every 30 seconds.

topdog
09-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Funny.. Michael Beasley per 36 is higher than J.R Smith, who won sixth man. So if he's inefficient, at least he's a sixth man, huh? Find me a sixth man in the minimum salary better than Beasley.

And Kyrylo Fesenko averaged 17pts per 36 and had a PER of nearly 30 in 2011-12 and he's out of the league. Stats need full context to mean something.

FlashBolt
09-10-2013, 07:20 PM
And Kyrylo Fesenko averaged 17pts per 36 and had a PER of nearly 30 in 2011-12 and he's out of the league. Stats need full context to mean something.

Michael Beasley actually plays. Have you seen the teams he played for? Miami was a crappy team, Minnesota, Love was injured along with Rubio, and Phoenix was completely hopeless. Give him a team worth playing for and you'll see an improvement. I'd love for OKC to take him but I don't they're interested based off his reputation. Miami has a chance and there is practically no risk. If Oden hasn't played for nearly 5 years, what makes you think Beasley is a high risk? He can play. Oden can't. Besides, if Miami doesn't want to play him, what's the worse thing that can happen? He smokes in the lockerroom and burns the entire building? Give me a break.

ccg34
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
The Heat got veterans that will be able to keep him in check. Battier, Ray Allen, D Wade, Lebron, Haslem, Juwan Howard, etc should be able to mentor Beasley. He got all star talent. He just needs to mature. If he still acts up, the cut him. It is low risk high reward.

Do you guys honestly think Beasley will ruin the chemistry? Child please.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 12:24 AM
The Heat got veterans that will be able to keep him in check. Battier, Ray Allen, D Wade, Lebron, Haslem, Juwan Howard, etc should be able to mentor Beasley. He got all star talent. He just needs to mature. If he still acts up, the cut him. It is low risk high reward.

Do you guys honestly think Beasley will ruin the chemistry? Child please.

The bold to all who say this is to risky with little upside. If any player starts messing up a championship team he gets Steven Jacksoned.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Why do the Heat need another player though? They still have those high caliber acquisitions of Allen and Battier and you may as well say Chris Anderson/Greg Oden were this year's free agency hall if you really want them to have done something.

Finally the truth.

But I'll answer anyway, Battier needs wide open 3's to be effective on offense. He looks so bad and uncoordinated when he tries to drive to the hoop. Again its ridiculous to think that Beasley will come to miami and chuck. Its also stupid to think Miami would allow him to do that. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would send him off the court themselves if they don't like the way hes playing. Miami is way to good from top to bottom from coaches to management to players for them to fall victim to Beasley in any way shape or form. They will either benefit from him, or they will cut him. There is NO WAY he can hurt them. Beasley shooting wide open 3's from the corner could possibly be even more efficient from 3pt land than Battier. And he can pump fake and go to the hole and finish with a two handed yam on someone. There fast break offense will be even that much better since Beasley will probably be the 3rd best finisher on the team and the 2nd most athletic.

amos1er
09-11-2013, 12:41 AM
It's already been unfair for the past 3 seasons.

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 09:44 AM
It's already been unfair for the past 3 seasons.

That would be a great argument, contingent that Miami won all 3. Is it unfair?

Chronz
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Just looked at the stats, Beasley has gotten worse every year. Did his role change that drastically in Miami his 2nd year to explain his drop? His usage declined, so if anything, he should have done better.

MTL_123
09-11-2013, 05:10 PM
if he can keep his head str8 big pick up and for the min to big +

DISCOUNTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IKnowHoops
09-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Just looked at the stats, Beasley has gotten worse every year. Did his role change that drastically in Miami his 2nd year to explain his drop? His usage declined, so if anything, he should have done better.

I think its safe to say, year in and year out since the Heat traded him, he has cared less and less because he was on loosing teams. Most importantly hes now going to be playing on a championship team with Lebron. He will be more efficient than ever just because hes playing with Bron. You factor in Wade and Bosh too, and Beas will learn a lot about playing the game the right way and his scoring opportunities will be so much easier now, and the fact that he will never have to force a shot again.