PDA

View Full Version : Melo or durant !!!!!!!!!!!

east fb knicks
09-06-2013, 08:18 PM
i'm sick and tired of all of this blatant melo hate :mad:
IMO I believe melo is better but me being a knicks fan i'm a little biased it doesn't bother me that people think durant is better BUT now we have people saying durant is lights years ahead of melo even though he has played with westbrook almost his entire career and he has a great coach while melo has played with talent he has never had a legitimate 2nd all star and how can you ignore what melo did this year 54 wins reigning scoring champ the knicks also had the most injuries of any team so to get to the point SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DURANT IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF MELO

b@llhog24
09-06-2013, 08:26 PM
:pity:

bagwell368
09-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Durant just put up two years that Melo never has and never will put up. Durant is totally superior to Melo as a positive force for his team while Melo is from the AI and Wilkins school of gifted but selfish and dumb players.

Let me make it simple. Durant plays defense (these last two years). Durant is a very efficient shooter - both of those things evade Melo. Durant is a great FT shooter and 3PT shooter too. Durant actually passes the ball around a bit too.

Durant's hero is Larry Bird. Who does Melo look up too? His reflection in the mirror?

Guppyfighter
09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Durant has a good coach? News to me.

tredigs
09-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Lmao at random explosions in the middle of the off-season. Awesome.

They're not even close. Wake me up when Melo can put up 28 ppg on 50/40/90 with very solid D, rebounding and 4+ assists.

I should definitely not bring up RAPM or WinsProduced, which objectively consider Durant a top 2-3 player, and don't consider Melo top 25.

tredigs
09-06-2013, 08:56 PM
For a playoff comparison of Melo and KD this year (when KD didn't have Westbrook - which IMO is a much tougher hit then not having him at all as it happened at a point where they could no longer game plan), both made it 12 games and eventually lost to the top ranked defense in their league.

Player A: 28.8/6.6/1.6 + 1.1 stl and 0.2 blk on 40.6/29.8/85.5. TS% 49.7. WS/48 .114*. USG% 38%.

* WS/48 ranked 6th on his own team for those who played 200+ minutes.

Player B: 30.8/9.0/6.3 + 1.3 stl and 1.1 blk on 45.5/31.4/83. TS% 57.4. WS/48 .210**. USG% 31.9%

** WS/48 ranked #1 on his own team for those who played 200+ minutes by a massive margin.

I'll let you guess why they people think they're "light years" apart.

SportsFanatic10
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
as i said in the other thread, its not debatable who is better the answer is clearly durant.

east fb knicks
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
all i keep hearing is the sam thing go look at durants stats before westy and harden and realize melo has never missed the playoffs even as a rookie while it took durant and co a couple years to figure it out sometimes things aren't so black and white yes durant put up mvp stats last year but with westbrook durant isn't a mvp player without westbrook but melo is already an mvp type player without anyone and as far as d durant is not better plus durant has ibaka and perk while melo plays the 4 which durant couldn't do for a full season and dominate

SportsFanatic10
09-06-2013, 09:48 PM
all i keep hearing is the sam thing go look at durants stats before westy and harden and realize melo has never missed the playoffs even as a rookie while it took durant and co a couple years to figure it out sometimes things aren't so black and white yes durant put up mvp stats last year but with westbrook durant isn't a mvp player without westbrook but melo is already an mvp type player without anyone and as far as d durant is not better plus durant has ibaka and perk while melo plays the 4 which durant couldn't do for a full season and dominate

you just continue to spew the same nonsense over and over. you probably just ignored post number 6 which shows the opposite of what you claim in detail. melo is a terrible defender wtf are you talking about, and maybe he could learn to get an assist every once in a while. you need to take a damn breath and use some punctuation for a change, your rambling posts don't make much sense.

bagwell368
09-06-2013, 10:06 PM

Both were rookies when they were 19. Melo was better. Every year since then Durant has been better, then he started playing D.

Again, the last two years in Durants career he's put up two seasons Melo hasn't come close to matching. Argue that away.

Were you fighting for Melo before he was Knick BTW? He doesn't deserve it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-07-2013, 12:24 AM

thats a long sentence...sweet jesus learn how to write.

theres no point to compare melo to kd...kd is on the another dimension.

east fb knicks
09-07-2013, 08:13 PM
you just continue to spew the same nonsense over and over. you probably just ignored post number 6 which shows the opposite of what you claim in detail. melo is a terrible defender wtf are you talking about, and maybe he could learn to get an assist every once in a while. you need to take a damn breath and use some punctuation for a change, your rambling posts don't make much sense.

ok you sound like you don't know basketball and is just another bandwagon heat fan genius since your so smart all i'm saying is durant and melo are a wash at best durant IS NOT THIS ELITE DEFENDER YOU GUYS ARE MAKING HIM OUT TO BE and if melo was so bad how come he won 50 + games multiple times with half of the talent durant plays with yes even with his time on the nuggets stop insulting me and show me stats BUT ONLY WHILE DURANT WAS PLAYING WITHOUT WESTBROOK HARDEN HECK EVEN KEVIN MARTIN AND THEN WE CAN REALLY START COMPARING THE 2 look at it this way what if kobe didn't have shaq jordan no pippen you guys are acting like he is tmac and he just scores alot and has no team success melo has got out the first round TWICE WITH MEDIOCRE TEAMS so to get back to my point somebody show me real evidence that durant is way above melo also cp3 has never had real playoff success where is the cp3 hate at why does melo get all the hate when he is coming off his best season as a pro :facepalm:

east fb knicks
09-07-2013, 08:17 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/05/kevin-durant-admits-thunder-need-and-miss-russell-westbrook/
just food for hought for all you haters :D

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 08:32 PM
ok you sound like you don't know basketball and is just another bandwagon heat fan genius since your so smart all i'm saying is durant and melo are a wash at best durant IS NOT THIS ELITE DEFENDER YOU GUYS ARE MAKING HIM OUT TO BE and if melo was so bad how come he won 50 + games multiple times with half of the talent durant plays with yes even with his time on the nuggets stop insulting me and show me stats BUT ONLY WHILE DURANT WAS PLAYING WITHOUT WESTBROOK HARDEN HECK EVEN KEVIN MARTIN AND THEN WE CAN REALLY START COMPARING THE 2 look at it this way what if kobe didn't have shaq jordan no pippen you guys are acting like he is tmac and he just scores alot and has no team success melo has got out the first round TWICE WITH MEDIOCRE TEAMS so to get back to my point somebody show me real evidence that durant is way above melo also cp3 has never had real playoff success where is the cp3 hate at why does melo get all the hate when he is coming off his best season as a pro :facepalm:

oh look its another incoherent never ending sentence saying the same ridiculous things as the last one.

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/05/kevin-durant-admits-thunder-need-and-miss-russell-westbrook/
just food for hought for all you haters :D

what does this show? that durant respects his teammate and knows that to win it all you need multiple allstars. wow who knew!?

the bottom line is this, the knicks aren't good enough to win it all. nobody is saying that they're this amazing team and melo is a failure for not winning a title with them. but we can also see that melo isn't the player durant is and won't win as the number one option on a team, because in order for him to win the title he'd need a player that is better than himself to be on the knicks. melo is a great scorer one of the best, but he needs to be able to keep the ball moving and set up others. he needs to make his teammates better and at least be a plus on defense instead of a minus defender. he just isn't a good enough all around elite star at this point and likely never will.

Seizabmc
09-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I am from okc and I am a huge kd fan, but as much as I hate to admit it , Carmelo anthony is clearly the better player by far! Melo will run kd off the court any day, and any where! Sorry folks but its true melo is better! Even the black mamba him self agrees. There's no sense in arguing over this, if you can't see that melo is the better player and better scorer than you must be blind. Plain and simple , Carmelo anthony is light years ahead of kd! Look who won the scoring title last year! There's your answer. Sorry but kd is just going to have to work harder. That's all folks!

Vinny642
09-08-2013, 03:50 AM
I am from okc and I am a huge kd fan, but as much as I hate to admit it , Carmelo anthony is clearly the better player by far! Melo will run kd off the court any day, and any where! Sorry folks but its true melo is better! Even the black mamba him self agrees. There's no sense in arguing over this, if you can't see that melo is the better player and better scorer than you must be blind. Plain and simple , Carmelo anthony is light years ahead of kd! Look who won the scoring title last year! There's your answer. Sorry but kd is just going to have to work harder. That's all folks!

Lmaoooooo, this had me cracking up

Goose17
09-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Melo is overrated.

todu82
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Durant easily.

SportsFanatic10
09-08-2013, 02:09 PM

lol your obviously a melo/knicks fan trying to pretend different. your location says new york and no okc/kd fan would be that ridiculously biased for another player not on their team.

abe_froman
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
the only people who would even suggest melo is better are knicks fans,and even they would dump him for kd is the opportunity arose

east fb knicks
09-08-2013, 07:17 PM
oh look its another incoherent never ending sentence saying the same ridiculous things as the last one. thanx :D

what does this show? that durant respects his teammate and knows that to win it all you need multiple allstars. wow who knew!?

the bottom line is this, the knicks aren't good enough to win it all. nobody is saying that they're this amazing team and melo is a failure for not winning a title with them. but we can also see that melo isn't the player durant is and won't win as the number one option on a team, because in order for him to win the title he'd need a player that is better than himself to be on the knicks. melo is a great scorer one of the best, but he needs to be able to keep the ball moving and set up others. he needs to make his teammates better and at least be a plus on defense instead of a minus defender. he just isn't a good enough all around elite star at this point and likely never will.

or it shows he can't do it by himself as alot of you have suggested and you are missing the point their record was 3 and 4 without westbrook in the playoffs while melo has never played with anyone as good as westy

SportsFanatic10
09-09-2013, 04:55 AM
or it shows he can't do it by himself as alot of you have suggested and you are missing the point their record was 3 and 4 without westbrook in the playoffs while melo has never played with anyone as good as westy

lol what? in fact i not only suggested the opposite i outright said it. nobody can do it on their own including jordan, lebron etc. you can go on and on and beat that dead horse over and over but it doesn't change the fact melo isn't as good as durant. you are the one that's obviously missing the point since you are blinded my your bias. once again, refer to post number 6 to see durants playoff stats without westbrook compared to melo's playoff stats. it's clear who performed better, just like it's clear durant is better.

rjkgr
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
durant! hes still young and can carry a team

Chronz
09-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Are people really still having trouble figuring this one out . Its kd and its not even remotely close

ddt
09-18-2013, 07:59 AM
I have to go with Kevin Durant. He's consistent night in night out and also KD's attitude is up there. Melo is a spoiled star.

dailydreamteam.com - "Taking your daily fantasy basketball skills to the next level."

jstone0716
09-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't think Melo is as selfish as people make him out to be. He's really the only good offensive option the Knicks have outside of J.R. smith... and that guy IS selfish and does very stupid outlandish/inefficient things. Melo is just a one dimensional player - he was born to put the ball in hoop and does it very well.

Durant on the other hand is just a freak of nature. The guy is 6'10 with 7'5 wingspan... a quick & high release that allows him to easily shoot over 7 foot shot blockers, he's athletic and quick AND he already one of the best pure shooters in NBA history. Combine that with superior rebounding, good passing and court vision, solid defense AND the fact that he is improving in every caterogy every single year... I mean there really shouldn't be a debate. KD passed Melo a few years ago.

seikou8
09-19-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't think Melo is as selfish as people make him out to be. He's really the only good offensive option the Knicks have outside of J.R. smith... and that guy IS selfish and does very stupid outlandish/inefficient things. Melo is just a one dimensional player - he was born to put the ball in hoop and does it very well.

Durant on the other hand is just a freak of nature. The guy is 6'10 with 7'5 wingspan... a quick & high release that allows him to easily shoot over 7 foot shot blockers, he's athletic and quick AND he already one of the best pure shooters in NBA history. Combine that with superior rebounding, good passing and court vision, solid defense AND the fact that he is improving in every caterogy every single year... I mean there really shouldn't be a debate. KD passed Melo a few years ago.

/thread over

JordansBulls
10-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Durant.

effen5
10-20-2013, 05:02 AM
Durant and it's not even close. I think Melo is a good scorer but I think he is EXTREMELY overrated.