PDA

View Full Version : OKC guard liggins assaults girlfriend with a Xbox

MrfadeawayJB
09-06-2013, 11:55 AM
http://kotaku.com/cops-say-nba-player-beat-his-girlfriend-with-an-xbox-36-1254070232

Is the Xbox ok? lol but seriously what is a scrub like him jeopardizing his nba career for over some chicken head?

KnickaBocka.44
09-06-2013, 12:00 PM
She probably yanked the chord in his dynasty mode where he was about to win 6MOY or something.

The goods
09-06-2013, 12:05 PM
She probably yanked the chord in his dynasty mode where he was about to win 6MOY or something.

Hahahaga

HYFR
09-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Lmao

beasted86
09-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not trying to judge this guy since I don't know him or all the details of the incident.

Regardless, congratulations, he just ended his own NBA career.

Goose17
09-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Regardless, congratulations, he just ended his own NBA career.

What career?

JNA17
09-06-2013, 01:21 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Xbox for its recovery.

However its soon to be new brother One can go to hell.

tapajafri
09-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Gotta hear both sides of the story first.

LongIslandIcedZ
09-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Thank god there is a new xbox coming out.

SMH!
09-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Is the xbox pressing charges?

Skaterdude
09-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Good way to make use of the Xbox before the Xbox One comes out.

PurpleLynch
09-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Come on man,take the Ps4 when it will come out.

thaShady
09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
meh, the new one is coming out next month anyway...

SMH!
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Stop Xbox abuse :sad2:

Tmath
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Bad timing. GTA V is coming out soon.

MTar786
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
clearly hes a ps4 fan

RCarlson85
09-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't a PS3 at least.

Stunner
09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
I wonder if I can have his Xbox Live code

tr3ymill3r
09-06-2013, 03:54 PM
What's his gamertag and I wonder what Street Fighter combo he used

bearadonisdna
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
As a recent victim of a domestic battery the best thing to do is claim self defense like the assailant in my case did tho she was aggressor. (Was not my partner)
His biggest problem would be probably the kicking down of a locked door. A reasonable explanation like concern over theft may help if he is the landlord.

It would be her word against his.

SportsFanatic10
09-06-2013, 06:19 PM
temper temper. no excuse for this.

bearadonisdna
09-06-2013, 06:26 PM
temper temper. no excuse for this.

Unless he was attacked first. Woman think they can put their hands on men if they get mad. Maybe this was the wrong guy to do it too.
Its weird how these highly successful people all of a sudden lose all reason to victimize some woman with NOTHING.

Dont forget woman lie in these situations and also it would not be surprising to see a civil suit instead of a criminal suit. Why because the nba guy has money.

SportsFanatic10
09-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Unless he was attacked first. Woman think they can put their hands on men if they get mad. Maybe this was the wrong guy to do it too.
Its weird how these highly successful people all of a sudden lose all reason to victimize some woman with NOTHING.

Dont forget woman lie in these situations and also it would not be surprising to see a civil suit instead of a criminal suit. Why because the nba guy has money.

i don't care, she was behind a locked door. you don't attack a woman like that, even if he was defending himself he took it way too far in the end(dropping a fan on her, stomping her, and then dropping the xbox on her head). if the report is wrong then fine, but from the info that is available right now his actions are unacceptable.

bearadonisdna
09-06-2013, 06:42 PM
i don't care, she was behind a locked door. you don't attack a woman like that, even if he was defending himself he took it way too far in the end(dropping a fan on her, stomping her, and then dropping the xbox on her head). if the report is wrong then fine, but from the info that is available right now his actions are unacceptable.

Obviously his actions sound taken from the account of the perceived victim. They forgot to describe the horns on his head.

sep11ie
09-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Never woulda happened if she stayed in the kitchen.

sunsfan88
09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Bad timing. GTA V is coming out soon.
Can't wait for that s**t! Looks so dope!

Vampirate
09-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Gotta hear both sides of the story first.

"So I was there minding my own business helping some random guy in the NBA with his Halo when he and some girl got into a fight. Me and this guy had some good times as he killed the noobs in the game. This guy was so focused on the game he would often limit what he did on the court as all his time would be Halo, Call of Duty etc. Well things took a turn for the worse as he grabbed me and unceremoniously threw me at her. Words were yelled and my trust was broken as I feel like I was damaged goods.

It's been 6 months since then but thanks to her love and support I now have a new gaming buddy. She really isn't much for the games I was used to but she became a big fan of the motion control work out type of games. She especially took a likening to Kinect with my joystick. I've never been happier with the games we play at night time."

- The life and times of an abused XBox 360 -

Might be based on a true story.

hugepatsfan
09-06-2013, 07:19 PM
u were one of those kids in school with those roller bags instead of backpacks werent u

Yeah I know. What a loser he is, being against hitting women. We should lock him in a PSD locker.

bearadonisdna
09-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Did she even sustain any injuries?

MrfadeawayJB
09-06-2013, 11:30 PM
@NBA_Updates: The Oklahoma City Thunder waived guard DeAndre Liggins on Friday after he was charged with seven felony counts... http://t.co/WCY8X729a1

Well they just cut him.

RIP liggins NBA career

bearadonisdna
09-06-2013, 11:52 PM
@NBA_Updates: The Oklahoma City Thunder waived guard DeAndre Liggins on Friday after he was charged with seven felony counts... http://t.co/WCY8X729a1

Well they just cut him.

RIP liggins NBA career

Seven felony counts!?

Not only would i like to know her injuries but also her race. Not that it matters wink wink.

bearadonisdna
09-06-2013, 11:55 PM
This is like the second nba guy in a the last two weeks to lose a contract because of his GF. Its true we really have to hear both sides.

Stunner
09-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Wow he punched the girl 11 to 12 times ? Smh

Stunner
09-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Now he won't be on 2k14 smh not that anyone used em lol

ManRam
09-07-2013, 09:50 AM
The details of this are really bad. I hope no team gives him another shot.

Liggins, 24, is charged with three counts of domestic abuse, two counts of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, one count of kidnapping and one count of violating a protective order. …

According to a probable cause affidavit filed in the case, an argument between Liggins and his girlfriend, Jasmine Horton, at the basketball player’s Oklahoma City home on Aug. 31 led to Liggins grabbing Horton by the hair, pulling her out of bed, throwing her to the ground and punching her 11 or 12 times. Most of the blows struck the back of her head, the affidavit states.

Liggins left the bedroom and Horton locked the bedroom door, but Liggins kicked the door open, grabbed her by the hair and threw her to the ground, where he again punched her, then stomped and kicked her on the head and back, the affidavit states.

Both incidents were witnessed by the couple’s 2-year-old son, according to the affidavit.

Liggins is then accused of throwing an Xbox and box fan, striking Horton in the head with both items. Liggins and Rogers would not let Horton leave and blocked the doorway, but she managed to escape the house twice. Both times, Rogers grabbed her and dragged her back inside the house, according to the affidavit.

Can't say I'm surprised to see some of the PSD population once again blame the female victim :sigh:

Krizzle88
09-07-2013, 10:27 AM
poor xbox

JNA17
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Thank god there is a new PS4 coming out.

Fixed for greater accuracy and justice.

JNA17
09-07-2013, 10:37 AM

Can't say I'm surprised to see some of the PSD population once again blame the female victim :sigh:

PSD are very backwards like that. More examples in that minimum wage debate thread and 90% of the politics forum. That's not even including the sports forums...

KnickaBocka.44
09-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Yes; it's usually a decent response to get bent out of shape at a strong male figure viciously beating his girlfriend, unless you're a subpar human being.

And you were one of those morons who never learned to spell or create a complete sentence.

I'm not sure whether you're trolling or your perception of yourself is really that inflated.

hugepatsfan
09-07-2013, 12:42 PM

u musta ben a totel loozer n hi skool. erry1 knos all da kool kids hit *****es #thuglife

hugepatsfan
09-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure whether you're trolling or your perception of yourself is really that inflated.

He didn't say one thing about himself in that post. He said that a man violently beating a women should piss people off. Are you really going to dispute that?

And then he said you were one of those kids who didn't know how to spell or write a complete sentence... judging by the post of yours he responded to he's right.

KnickaBocka.44
09-07-2013, 01:05 PM
He didn't say one thing about himself in that post. He said that a man violently beating a women should piss people off. Are you really going to dispute that?

And then he said you were one of those kids who didn't know how to spell or write a complete sentence... judging by the post of yours he responded to he's right.

Maybe you should go back and read his post again because he wasn't talking to me when he made the comment in the bold. The irony is great in this one.

And yes I am going to dispute the other part of your post, because to say someone is a "subpar human being" over something so insignificant shows the person making that comment has a superiority complex. He has no idea who I am and has no right to make that assumption, so why would he?

I'm not going to get pissed because some moron lost his **** and beat his girlfriend, where is the rationale in that? Some guy I don't know beat up a woman I don't know. It's unfortunate, but it does not effect me.

Fact is, you can't come to a conlcusion about a person based on an internet comment about one news story.

You can't really dispute that, can you?

hugepatsfan
09-07-2013, 01:15 PM
My bad, I misread the post as a split quote of yours. Didn't see the other name.

No one said it had to affect you personally but if you don't see the issue with what happened then yes, you are a subpar human being.

KnickaBocka.44
09-07-2013, 02:26 PM
My bad, I misread the post as a split quote of yours. Didn't see the other name.

No one said it had to affect you personally but if you don't see the issue with what happened then yes, you are a subpar human being.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to add that last part, as I stated in my previous post; it's unfortunate.

asandhu23
09-09-2013, 03:47 PM
She was a PSWhore.

kobe4thewinbang
09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
LOL, XBOX is a dangerous weapon? That explains the HALO addicts, I guess.

HoodedSB
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
LOL, XBOX is a dangerous weapon? That explains the HALO addicts, I guess.

Huh? People are addicted to halo because the xbox is a dangerous weapon? What are you talking about?

Rndy
09-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Maybe she bumped into it and got a perfect circle scratch enough to make anyone mad.