PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Beasly back on the squad and what are the chances?

IKnowHoops
09-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Guys got talent, but obviously he's missing something. Would you want him back at a good price? Can he at least give the heat value and play well enough that its a good pickup. If he can't get hype playing with Lebron, and most likely winning a ring, why even play basketball? (Aside from the doe of course)

514_HEAT
09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
ummm no!

SportsFanatic10
09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
no, and little to none. here's what ira had to say on the subject:

"I cannot fathom, after everything the Heat went through, including Erik Spoelstra flying to Houston to work with Michael while Beasley was in a rehab program, that the Heat, with the current stakes they're dealing with, would ever go in that direction. Factoring in all Michael still has on his plate with his run-ins in Phoenix, that's a lot of baggage to bring into any locker room, let alone one with single-minded, proven veterans. All of that said, as a minimum-salary project, Beasley still could be of use to a bottom-feeder hoping to still find what scouts saw in that 2008 draft. In a previous time, he would have been the perfect Clipper. Then the Clippers began taking the game seriously."

i still can't believe how obsessed some heat fans are with him. that was such a nice draft and it really sucks we got screwed out of the 1st pick, and that we took beasley with the 2nd(although that was the consensus pick). but it's time to move on we have the best team in the league and the best player so who cares at this point.

beasted86
09-04-2013, 11:41 PM
No, I don't want him back. Realistic chances the HEAT sign him are 0.01%.

Look how long it took Riley to finally come to the decision to add a guy like Birdman because of off the court issues. With Beasley it's nearly no chance he is signed.

Dade County
09-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes!!!

I can see him coming of the bench alongside with Ray Ray & Cole. On those nights that Lbj forgets how to be aggressive and or if Wade is hurt, Beasley can easily fill in that scoring role.

He would be the 3rd or 4th option at any given time, the HEAT need a scorer like that coming off their bench. And Spo will lay out his role on this team, something that he needs.

SteBO
09-05-2013, 09:08 AM
That ship has sailed.....

flashwade03
09-05-2013, 09:11 AM
NO ! as long as pat riley is around .. u know what im saying

Slug3
09-05-2013, 09:33 AM
He is such a waste of talent. He could have been a pretty darn good player, and if he would have shown that he wanted to put in the work to get better he might not have been traded at all and still on the Heat. But he just wants to do as little as possible and be an average at best player. There is a reason Miami traded him so cheap.

hotdalton18
09-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Yes! Idk why but ill say it till he retires , I see a star.

Off the bench , can play 3 and 4 , our bench could use a scorer

hotdalton18
09-06-2013, 02:24 AM
And spo knows how to use him

He was scored 13|14 ppg as a 19 year old kid..

We can rest bosh and bron more during reg season

sturm
09-06-2013, 08:57 AM
i would say yes.

RCarlson85
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
No way, he's a cancer. We don't need someone like that on this team. He doesn't deserve to play for a championship team and franchise until he grows up. He has wasted his chances and talent so far and at this point I don't want him anywhere near the Heat.

beasted86
09-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Last time I checked we still had Haslem on the team, and as you should know Spo favors Haslem over Beasley.

So anyone thinking he would be the first PF off the bench is kidding themselves. There's also pretty much 0 chance he replaces Battier in the rotation either. Realistically he would be a Rashard Lewis upgrade as a 3rd stringer and he wouldn't take that role, nor would the HEAT sign him due to off the court issues.

We realistically could use his scoring but not at the expense of his work ethic. He doesn't have the toughness or veteran stability of a guy like Haslem. And even Haslem's minutes will probably slide this season, especially if Oden starts getting minutes later on. We also have Birdman as well who could play some PF.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2013, 10:45 PM

"I cannot fathom, after everything the Heat went through, including Erik Spoelstra flying to Houston to work with Michael while Beasley was in a rehab program, that the Heat, with the current stakes they're dealing with, would ever go in that direction. Factoring in all Michael still has on his plate with his run-ins in Phoenix, that's a lot of baggage to bring into any locker room, let alone one with single-minded, proven veterans. All of that said, as a minimum-salary project, Beasley still could be of use to a bottom-feeder hoping to still find what scouts saw in that 2008 draft. In a previous time, he would have been the perfect Clipper. Then the Clippers began taking the game seriously."

i still can't believe how obsessed some heat fans are with him. that was such a nice draft and it really sucks we got screwed out of the 1st pick, and that we took beasley with the 2nd(although that was the consensus pick). but it's time to move on we have the best team in the league and the best player so who cares at this point.

When did Spo do this? Was this after the Suns cut him? If so, I'd say there is a good chance the Heat would sign him. For the record I think he would be a good edition to the heat and he would definitely have his best season from an efficiency standpoint if he signed with them this year.

lavilevi23
09-07-2013, 04:51 AM
No Spo did it in like 2009

gotoHcarolina52
09-07-2013, 04:09 PM

gotoHcarolina52
09-07-2013, 04:10 PM

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 04:24 PM
ya this isn't happening, i'd be shocked if it did.

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2013, 04:26 PM
When did Spo do this? Was this after the Suns cut him? If so, I'd say there is a good chance the Heat would sign him. For the record I think he would be a good edition to the heat and he would definitely have his best season from an efficiency standpoint if he signed with them this year.

no this was back when he was a member of the heat.

hotdalton18
09-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Its a long shot

But im really hoping for it

Be a big bench piece and maybe break out next year if bosh leaves

Ethix11
09-10-2013, 10:05 PM
They should sign him. The East is harder now and if they took a chance on Oden, why wouldn't they at least consider Beasley. It's not like he's going to come in here acting like he owns the place. He never wanted to leave to begin with and he's just too good to write off when it's rare that you get an athlete of that talent in a position where a team with no cap space can sign him thanks to the off-court issues of all things. Do it Pat. Low risk high reward.

hotdalton18
09-11-2013, 03:45 AM
Agreed^

Coqui77
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I hope he does come back, what do we have to lose...
I really don’t like Ira, this guy has hated Beasley from the get go.
I think this team now can help Beasley grow, with Shane, Allen and the big three to guide him what can go wrong. We lost Mike Miller so what the problem with adding a bit more depth to the roster. I think Beasley is better than James Jones and Rashard Lewis, and I prefer to sign him Juwan Howard again. Juawn should be coaching…
Anyways, it's not like he's gonna get a lot of playing time anyways, it's just another weapon off the bench

MiamiBoy77
09-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Heat sign Beasley!!! If Riley did it, I think it'll work. Guys like Birdman around him will help him lay off the weed for enough time to make a 3 peat happen.

We definitely got a ball of potential either way.

MTL_123
09-11-2013, 05:06 PM
hes back lol damn i really thought we werent gonna sign him

dimgim
09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Great move

Cole, Allen, Beasley, Birdman, Oden

Cmon how do you not like the squad

kntresistheheat
09-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Breaking:

MIAMI -- The Miami Heat have re-signed Michael Beasley, who spent the first two seasons of his up-and-down NBA career with the team and became a free agent when the Phoenix Suns bought out his contract earlier this month.

beasted86
09-11-2013, 11:01 PM
I clearly didn't see this one coming. But from a risk/reward standpoint I see it completely especially that his contract is non-guaranteed.

I didn't think his agent would settle for that type of deal.

hotdalton18
09-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Great move

IKnowHoops
09-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Saw it coming.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2013, 01:21 AM

Stop listening to Ira, he don't know

rex.reyesiii
09-12-2013, 11:14 PM
^ user comments on the sun sentinel too calls him Ira WINDerBag ehehe

GoneGuru
09-14-2013, 11:31 AM
ok, a couple things to get out the way

i always liked beasley, hes not lazy, hes does in fact care about the game and he does try hard, in fact sometimes too hard, however he has one issue or two

hes a complete moron, seriously he is as stupid as it comes, when you lack intelligence and/or common sense you do stupid stuff that makes absolutely no sense for no reason, on a regular basis.

now it seems beasley has decided to cut the **** out, when was the last time a guy offered a team to take a non guaranteed contract? bonzi well and latrell sprewell turned down ridiculous money and were out of the leauge that same summer yet a guy offered a team that doesnt need him to take a non guaranteed deal.... yeah

he has a unique skill set, he can shoot from anywhere, put it on the floor, post up, turn around jumper, elevate, he has a very strong core, hes really young and on top of that he has good size to play either forward spot. yes he is terrible defensively and his rebounding is brain dead, but those are effort things, when he was in miami the last time he did both much better, he needs the discipline that miami brings. he will never be the player he should have been, but he can be damn good next year in 20 minutes a game as the 7th man. (im guessing 11pts, 5reb per)

there is no reason to think he cant redeem himself to some extent in a manner similar to andray blatche at the very least, who the heat also tried to sign last year.

smart move

also i would NEVER listen to ira windbag, dude has no clue what he is talking about... ever, seriously i read his columns because im a heat fan but he generally rubs me the wrong way and this goes all the way back to the mourning-hardaway days when he was *****ing about riley and his lack of offense. dont listen to him

as for lebatard, he is wildly entertaining, and i love the guy, but he has moments of dumbassery as well, in 06 he projected the heat lose to the nets in 6 in the 2nd round because the pieces dont fit. so yeah, best opinion is your own, everyone elses is advice.

peace *****s

hotdalton18
09-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Beasley has a chance to change the view of his whole career now

Winning team , With a team that will bring out his best and make him play D.LeBron , Wade , Bosh , Haslem , Battier are really gonna help him i think