PDA

View Full Version : And the winner of the Orlando/Philadelphia/LA Lakers blockbuster is.......Orlando

Vampirate
09-04-2013, 11:15 AM
......Huh didn't see that coming.

Any other trades that at the time seem to point overwhelmingly to one teams favor but as history went on turned out it was the exact opposite?

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Ben Wallace for Grant Hill...

heyman321
09-04-2013, 11:21 AM
For the Knicks it will be Bargnani. Many Knicks posters here seem to think he's good.

sunsfan88
09-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Congrats. It only took you 3 months after Bynum, Iggy and Dwight signed with CLE, GS and HOU to figure that out?

Lol.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 11:36 AM
For the Knicks it will be Bargnani. Many Knicks posters here seem to think he's good.

Why are TOR fans so bitter about this trade?...lol

They seem to bring it up whenever possible even if it doesn't pertain to the thread.

Tmath
09-04-2013, 11:58 AM

They seem to bring it up whenever possible even if it doesn't pertain to the thread.

Bitter? lol. The majority/maybe all of Raps fans are very happy about that trade.

Bargnani is a negative when he steps on the court.

3 picks & Novak was more than I could ever imagine to get for Bargnani. Knicks fans will see soon enough.

Who knows, maybe he will thrive in the Knicks system, I doubt it, but there is always a chance.

IndyRealist
09-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Not a Raps fan, but NYK got fleeced yet somehow their fans think they won this trade. They got the lesser player, more salary, and gave up picks. At least NYK can afford to whiff on deals like this.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Bitter? lol. The majority/maybe all of Raps fans are very happy about that trade.

Bargnani is a negative when he steps on the court.

3 picks & Novak was more than I could ever imagine to get for Bargnani. Knicks fans will see soon enough.

Who knows, maybe he will thrive in the Knicks system, I doubt it, but there is always a chance.

I mean I'm sure that's what Knick fans are hoping for. What are we supposed to say "o he sucks, I won't root for him" before he even plays a game? If TOR got a proven 20ppg scorer in his prime for nothing but a couple of end of the bench guys and a late 1st, would you not be optimistic? Even if he had his issues?

We gave up two guys that barely played and a late 1st 3 years away... for a guy in his prime that has proven he can score 20ppg in this league who was in a bad situation. So why shouldn't a Knicks fan be optimistic? If it doesn't work fine, we at least cleared cap space in the all important 2015 offseason.

I mean saying "3 picks" sounds great, but we all know the only pick of value is the late 2016 1st.

I keep hearing TOR fans trashing NY fans for this trade every chance possible... that comes across as bitter... you don't see NY fans baiting TOR fans about Novak... we liked him, he's a great 3pt shooter, but he couldn't get a shot off unless he was spoonfed a wide open look, and his contract was really going to hurt us in 2015.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Not a Raps fan, but NYK got fleeced yet somehow their fans think they won this trade. They got the lesser player, more salary, and gave up picks. At least NYK can afford to whiff on deals like this.

IND gave up their 2012 1st rounder, and a 2014 1st rounder, for a declining 34 year old PF who has 1 year left.

Knicks gave up a late 1st 3 years away for a guy in his prime with 2 years left...

And who cares about "more salary"... they got rid of salary when it counts. Bargs making $11m vs Novak & Camby making $9m does nothing to hurt NY.

C_Mund
09-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I mean I'm sure that's what Knick fans are hoping for. What are we supposed to say "o he sucks, I won't root for him" before he even plays a game? If TOR got a proven 20ppg scorer in his prime for nothing but a couple of end of the bench guys and a late 1st, would you not be optimistic? Even if he had his issues?

We gave up two guys that barely played and a late 1st 3 years away... for a guy in his prime that has proven he can score 20ppg in this league who was in a bad situation. So why shouldn't a Knicks fan be optimistic? If it doesn't work fine, we at least cleared cap space in the all important 2015 offseason.

I mean saying "3 picks" sounds great, but we all know the only pick of value is the late 2016 1st.

I keep hearing TOR fans trashing NY fans for this trade every chance possible... that comes across as bitter... you don't see NY fans baiting TOR fans about Novak... we liked him, he's a great 3pt shooter, but he couldn't get a shot off unless he was spoonfed a wide open look, and his contract was really going to hurt us in 2015.

Check the Raps forum and see how divided it is re: Rudy Gay

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Check the Raps forum and see how divided it is re: Rudy Gay

Rudy Gay crippled them financially though, and IMO is only stalling their rebuilding process. Bargs contract actually helps NY.

I think TOR should have gone the other route and traded Calderon for a pick or young player and just rebuilt.

Tmath
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
IND gave up their 2012 1st rounder, and a 2014 1st rounder, for a declining 34 year old PF who has 1 year left.

Knicks gave up a late 1st 3 years away for a guy in his prime with 2 years left...

And who cares about "more salary"... they got rid of salary when it counts. Bargs making $11m vs Novak & Camby making $9m does nothing to hurt NY.

Firstly, to say the 1st rounder will be late is a little premature. Likely won't be a lottery pick, but anything can happen between now and then.

Secondly, I don't think Bargnani has a prime...

Thirdly, Camby was bought out, and Q-Rich was waived. Next season we will only have Novak's contract on the books, while the Knicks will be paying Bargnani 12 mill...

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Firstly, to say the 1st rounder will be late is a little premature. Likely won't be a lottery pick, but anything can happen between now and then.

Secondly, I don't think Bargnani has a prime...

Thirdly, Camby was bought out, and Q-Rich was waived. Next season we will only have Novak's contract on the books, while the Knicks will be paying Bargnani 12 mill...

Yes, and that's great for TOR, but it doesn't affect NY. What DOES affect NY is Novak's contract running into 2015 when everyone else expires.

And yes anything can happen, but in order for that pick to be good DEN AND NY would both have to be bad in 2015 since DEN has swap rights on the pick, that's HIGHLY unlikely, especially with NY having TONS of money now to throw at the 2015 FA class.

So maybe I should say a pick that is almost certainly going to be a late 1st in 2016.

Tmath
09-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes, and that's great for TOR, but it doesn't affect NY. What DOES affect NY is Novak's contract running into 2015 when everyone else expires.

And yes anything can happen, but in order for that pick to be good DEN AND NY would both have to be bad in 2015 since DEN has swap rights on the pick, that's HIGHLY unlikely, especially with NY having TONS of money now to throw at the 2015 FA class.

So maybe I should say a pick that is almost certainly going to be a late 1st in 2016.

Thats why this season is so interesting for a lot of Raps fans. We really don't know what direction we are heading. I think with our roster, we have a chance to surprise, but could also go in the other direction and sell the Rudy's and DeMars and go on a full rebuild.

A lot of teams have a ton of cap space in 2014, and Rudy could decide to opt out to try cash in somewhere else.

ManRam
09-04-2013, 12:44 PM
......Huh didn't see that coming.

Any other trades that at the time seem to point overwhelmingly to one teams favor but as history went on turned out it was the exact opposite?

They all are losers, Orlando just less so than the rest. I love how it worked out, but the reality is losing Dwight is a loss, no matter how many nice prospects we got back and how well it allowed us to tank. Denver didn't lose too badly either. But I think this has been well-established at this point.

I don't know who was favored at first in the Robert Parrish trade, but that could be one. The team that got the #1 overall pick got worked over in the end.

I'm kinda blanking on thinking of some others, and don't feel like venturing off to Googleland.

heyman321
09-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Rudy Gay crippled them financially though, and IMO is only stalling their rebuilding process. Bargs contract actually helps NY.

I think TOR should have gone the other route and traded Calderon for a pick or young player and just rebuilt.

Pretty most Raptors fans agree we shouldn't have traded for Gay. However, that was the doing during ye olden times, when thou dark lord Colangelo had the reigns of the Raptors kingdom. It is no surprise he had to cripple the franchise even more before he got fired.

Also nobody was bitter about the Bargnani trade are you kididing?? hahaha. It should be a Canadian national holiday the he got traded. I'd give the NY media a month before they eat him alive and everyone in New York hates him.