PDA

View Full Version : What Might Change if These Teams Can't Get Pass the HEAT, this Upcoming Season?

Dade County
09-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Bulls:
Do they just go all in on another star player, to put along side of Rose. This would involve trading their key assets, and trying to rebuild around Rose and another star player.

I don't think the organization wants to look back at this situation and say we never got him a real number two (the media will bring it up anyways).

Knicks:
Does Melo bounce and head to a team that has a brighter future (Houston...etc)? Is it enough for the Knicks fan base and front office if they just make it t o the ECF?

And who could the Knicks actually acquire next off season, to keep Melo in town, if they have another letdown in the post season (or maybe losing to the Pacers in the 2nd rd wasn't really a letdown)?

Pacers:
Do the Pacers stand pat, and just wait the HEAT out 2 or 3yrs down the line; hoping that Wade just can't do it anymore. Does Bird try to get another star player in their, by trading away West, granger...etc?

Or has history shown when it comes to the Pacers, as long as they are competitive, it really doesn't matter if they ever win a championship. I'm just comparing the reggie miller era and their success and lack of success; maybe this is just the Pacers ceiling, for what type of market they are in.

OKC:
Yeah I know it's a long shot, for both the HEAT and OKC to make it back to the Finals to face each other.

But what if OKC can't get pass the HEAT again... Is it a big deal? Do they just chalk it up as this is Lbj era/time and we can just wait it out; or will there be seriously problems in OKC future because KD might have thoughts of leaving?

king4day
09-04-2013, 09:34 AM
BULLS: If the Bulls are going to maintain that they won't go above the cap, then they'll do nothing.

KNICKS: The Knicks, even now, will need to wait for these contracts to end. They just don't have the proper talent to get past the leagues elite.
Melo makes no sense on Houston but I could see him leaving if their new plan to build a contender doesn't entice him.

PACERS: Pacers should just hang on and continue to develop. They are in the best situation of any of the mentioned teams IMO.

OKC: I think OKC's ship has already sailed with its current team. In the NBA, windows don't stay open long. They chose to trade Harden and have nothing to show for him aside from Lamb. OKC has to worry about the West now and not so much the Heat.

Slug3
09-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I know one this, if the Pacers cannot get it done with what they have then it might not ever happen. They have stated many times that they will not be going into the luxury tax at all.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Bulls just don't seem to have the balls to pull off a major trade.

They missed the boat trading Deng, he's entering his 10th season now and has been declining and becoming more injury prone. I was pretty critical of the Melo trade, but looking at it now, I'm kinda glad NY traded Gallo & Chandler while they were young and cheap and had potential. Those 2 guys have been injury prone and neither has really taken the next step since leaving, Chandler in fact has regressed, and now those 2 guys make almost as much as Melo. Bulls blew it not trading for Melo. Asik/Boozer/Melo/Butler/Rose would have been a deadly lineup.

Knicks are pretty set these next 2 years regardless of what happens, their year to rebuild and reload is 2015.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 09:50 AM
BULLS: If the Bulls are going to maintain that they won't go above the cap, then they'll do nothing.

KNICKS: The Knicks, even now, will need to wait for these contracts to end. They just don't have the proper talent to get past the leagues elite.
Melo makes no sense on Houston but I could see him leaving if their new plan to build a contender doesn't entice him.

PACERS: Pacers should just hang on and continue to develop. They are in the best situation of any of the mentioned teams IMO.

OKC: I think OKC's ship has already sailed with its current team. In the NBA, windows don't stay open long. They chose to trade Harden and have nothing to show for him aside from Lamb. OKC has to worry about the West now and not so much the Heat.

We are over the cap, what are you talking about?

Bulls just don't seem to have the balls to pull off a major trade.

They missed the boat trading Deng, he's entering his 10th season now and has been declining and becoming more injury prone. I was pretty critical of the Melo trade, but looking at it now, I'm kinda glad NY traded Gallo & Chandler while they were young and cheap and had potential. Those 2 guys have been injury prone and neither has really taken the next step since leaving, Chandler in fact has regressed, and now those 2 guys make almost as much as Melo. Bulls blew it not trading for Melo. Asik/Boozer/Melo/Butler/Rose would have been a deadly lineup.

Knicks are pretty set these next 2 years regardless of what happens, their year to rebuild and reload is 2015.

We don't have to trade away anything. All we would have to do is let Deng walk, amnesty boozer, and not resign kirk for more than the vet min. Then we could sign someone.

Also we didn't blow it by not getting Melo ,Lol. Don't get me wrong Melo is good and everything but Jo and Deng plus picks would have been a insane price to pay.

Kushed
09-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Probably just continue to get better and hope that the Heat can't keep their team together.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 09:58 AM
We don't have to trade away anything. All we would have to do is let Deng walk, amnesty boozer, and not resign kirk for more than the vet min. Then we could sign someone.

Also we didn't blow it by not getting Melo ,Lol. Don't get me wrong Melo is good and everything but Jo and Deng plus picks would have been a insane price to pay.

I'm not hating on CHI or anything, they just seem really afraid to pull the trigger on deals. And they over value their role players (Deng... giving Gibson $8m...)

yea maybe if you let Deng walk, amnesty Boozer and don't sign anyone else maybe that leaves $13m or so to spend, but that's not likely to get a star, who is available next offseason anyway? And by the time 2014 comes along Rose will be entering his 7th season... the pressure will really be on to get that 2nd guy.

I think they blew it, they could have had Melo & Rose playing together for almost 3 years now, instead of having to get rid of Deng anyway just to HOPE that they can sign someone. Asik was a solid replacement for Noah, and really, who cares about a late 1st round pick? I don't think that's an "insane" price to pay at all.

I mean to this day people still say NY got "raped"... but the two main guys they gave up, what have they done? Gallo has been solid but injury prone, and Chandler has barely played.

EL_MACHETE
09-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Chicago Bulls- I can see them amnesty Boozer, Let Deng walk and sign Kevin Love

Pg- Rose
Sg- ?
Sf- Butler
Pf- Love
C- Noah

Okc Thunder- I see them keeping that same squad but if they fail again this year(which I hope they don't) They'll fired Scott Brooks

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm not hating on CHI or anything, they just seem really afraid to pull the trigger on deals. And they over value their role players (Deng... giving Gibson $8m...)

yea maybe if you let Deng walk, amnesty Boozer and don't sign anyone else maybe that leaves $13m or so to spend, but that's not likely to get a star, who is available next offseason anyway? And by the time 2014 comes along Rose will be entering his 7th season... the pressure will really be on to get that 2nd guy.

I think they blew it, they could have had Melo & Rose playing together for almost 3 years now, instead of having to get rid of Deng anyway just to HOPE that they can sign someone. Asik was a solid replacement for Noah, and really, who cares about a late 1st round pick? I don't think that's an "insane" price to pay at all.

I mean to this day people still say NY got "raped"... but the two main guys they gave up, what have they done? Gallo has been solid but injury prone, and Chandler has barely played.

Exactly what trades are you talking about? Kg trade was before Rose and they wanted kirk, Gordon, and Deng which would have left us with virtually nothing else. Same thing applies to Pau. We had a trade for Love in place but he vetoed it because he wanted to play with Deng and Deng was in the deal. We weren't that serious about Melo. Other than that what other trades were there to be had?

Also we could share more by just dumping Gibson, wouldn't be hard. Also I wasn't saying that we would even be players in this upcoming FA. I was just showing you that we could easily throw money at say Dirk if we wanted to.

Also IMO, I don't think Melo fits here like he does in NY and did in Denver. He definitely is a number 1 option but he wouldn't be here. I'd take the combo of Jo and Deng all day over Melo.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Dumping Gibson wouldn't be hard?

In this CBA you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to pay $8m per year to a role player that will be nearing 30 in 2014. But for arguments sake, lets say CHI finds a team under the cap that can absorb his contract. Now you've given up Deng, Boozer, Gibson, and effectively Asik just for a CHANCE to sign a 2nd star 3 years later. See why they blew it with Melo? They could have just given up Deng & Noah and had Melo all these years.

And I couldn't tell you what trades could be had, no one could really... but CHI does seem awfully hesitant to pull the trigger dating back to the Kobe rumors.

penuch
09-04-2013, 10:20 AM
*Past

If they win again then I'm sure we'll see another super team form to compete against them.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Dumping Gibson wouldn't be hard?

In this CBA you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to pay $8m per year to a role player that will be nearing 30 in 2014.

And I couldn't tell you what trades could be had, no one could really... but CHI does seem awfully hesitant to pull the trigger dating back to the Kobe rumors.

Didn't TOR just save money from the Bargs trade to NY? A team under the cap could easily take Gibson and a pick and give us back a guy on a 3 mil or so contract. It really isn't hard.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Didn't TOR just save money from the Bargs trade to NY? A team under the cap could easily take Gibson and a pick and give us back a guy on a 3 mil or so contract. It really isn't hard.

I believe they saved a couple million this year and next, but they actually added $4m in salary in 2015 since Novak's deal runs longer. (big reason NY made that trade).

But like I said, fine a team takes Gibson and a pick.

So now you've given up Deng, Boozer, Gibson, a pick, and effectively Asik just for a CHANCE to sign a 2nd star who probably won't be as good as Melo. Wouldn't it have been much better to just give up Deng & Noah and have Melo all these years?

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I believe they saved a couple million this year and next, but they actually added $4m in salary in 2015 since Novak's deal runs longer. (big reason NY made that trade).

But like I said, fine a team takes Gibson and a pick.

So now you've given up Deng, Boozer, Gibson, a pick, and effectively Asik just for a CHANCE to sign a 2nd star who probably won't be as good as Melo. Wouldn't it have been much better to just give up Deng & Noah and have Melo all these years?

No. Asik would have been on that God awful contract had we kept him. Our bench would have been terrible. We would have had no choice but to keep asik. I think the 3rd year would have been 15 mil. We would have been terrible. Melo doesn't really play D so we would essentially have 2 liabilities. Not too mention Asik isn't on Noah's level on Defense. Not to mention that Butler pick most likely wouldn't have been ours. So again, we would have been worse.

I'm sure if you asked any Bulls fan if they could trade Deng, Boozer, Gibson, and a pick for a star. They wouldn't hesitate saying yes.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 10:39 AM
No. Asik would have been on that God awful contract had we kept him. Our bench would have been terrible. We would have had no choice but to keep asik. I think the 3rd year would have been 15 mil. We would have been terrible. Melo doesn't really play D so we would essentially have 2 liabilities. Not too mention Asik isn't on Noah's level on Defense. Not to mention that Butler pick most likely wouldn't have been ours. So again, we would have been worse.

I'm sure if you asked any Bulls fan if they could trade Deng, Boozer, Gibson, and a pick for a star. They wouldn't hesitate saying yes.

Once you get the 2nd star though the cap becomes a mute point because CHI would have been over the cap anyway. So Asik's contract wouldn't be terrible. and it was only a 3 year deal anyway.

To me I'd much rather trade Deng & Noah for Melo and keep Asik vs

getting rid of Deng, Boozer, Gibson, and Asik and hoping someone signs.

As for your bench argument, I don't see how the Melo trade would have made your bench worse. Your scenario gives up much more depth. When NY traded for Melo we had literally NO ONE on the bench, but I've been surprised just how easily the role players have flocked here. In 2 years, without any cap space or real assets NY has added

Chandler
JR
Kmart
Felton
MWP
Bargs
Prigs
Beno

and thats not even counting some guys we got and then let go or traded like Lin, Novak, Kidd, Camby, Copeland...etc...

It's a lot more difficult to get a star then it is role players, you get the star when you can and then worry about filling out the bench.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Pg- Rose
Sg- ?
Sf- Butler
Pf- Love
C- Noah

Wishful thinking much? Deng's contract expires this coming offseason.. Love is under contract for the next 2 seasons with a 3rd year player option (which if he's smart he'll opt out of obv).

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Once you get the 2nd star though the cap becomes a mute point because CHI would have been over the cap anyway. So Asik's contract wouldn't be terrible. and it was only a 3 year deal anyway.

To me I'd much rather trade Deng & Noah for Melo and keep Asik vs

getting rid of Deng, Boozer, Gibson, and Asik and hoping someone signs.

As for your bench argument, I don't see how the Melo trade would have made your bench worse. Your scenario gives up much more depth. When NY traded for Melo we had literally NO ONE on the bench, but I've been surprised just how easily the role players have flocked here. In 2 years, without any cap space or real assets NY has added

Chandler
JR
Kmart
Felton
MWP
Bargs
Prigs
Beno

and thats not even counting some guys we got and then let go or traded like Lin, Novak, Kidd, Camby, Copeland...etc...

It's a lot more difficult to get a star then it is role players, you get the star when you can and then worry about filling out the bench.

We wouldn't have anyone. Butler wouldn't be here. Snell probably too. Right now, in the next 2 years we could add a guy like Love or LA and have guys on the roster like Butler, Snell, Murphy, kirk, teague, Dunleavy, and the rights to Mirotic. If we traded for Melo, we most likely wouldn't have Butler, Snell, or Mitotic. Not too mention, no Noah or Deng.
Rose
????
Melo
Boozer
Asik
Gibso will be gone because of Asik's dumb contract so our bench would be kirk, teague, Murphy, Dunleavy, and Nazr. Maybe Ronnie brewer as the starting 2. Just wasn't/ isn't worth it. We are definitely much better where we are at now than we would be with Melo.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 11:05 AM
We wouldn't have anyone. Butler wouldn't be here. Snell probably too. Right now, in the next 2 years we could add a guy like Love or LA and have guys on the roster like Butler, Snell, Murphy, kirk, teague, Dunleavy, and the rights to Mirotic. If we traded for Melo, we most likely wouldn't have Butler, Snell, or Mitotic. Not too mention, no Noah or Deng.
Rose
????
Melo
Boozer
Asik
Gibso will be gone because of Asik's dumb contract so our bench would be kirk, teague, Murphy, Dunleavy, and Nazr. Maybe Ronnie brewer as the starting 2. Just wasn't/ isn't worth it. We are definitely much better where we are at now than we would be with Melo.

You're exaggerating to try to make a point. Teams can't trade consecutive picks so why wouldn't CHI have Snell, Butler or Mirotic?

DEN only got a late 1st and a swap from NY, and Noah & Deng are better than Gallo & CHandler, so I doubt they would get 3 1st rounders from CHI including the CHA pick. A late 1st is likely all they would have gotten if that.

And again, you're worried about role players when I just showed you 10-11 guys that NY got already, don't worry about role players, those are easy to get. I mean even CHI got guys like Nate, Marco, Dunleavy, Hinrich...etc... in the last year or two w/o any cap space.

From 2011-2014 I'm sure CHI would be LOADED with role players around Melo, Boozer, Asik, & Rose.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Wishful thinking much? Deng's contract expires this coming offseason.. Love is under contract for the next 2 seasons with a 3rd year player option (which if he's smart he'll opt out of obv).

He can be traded for. Its not like its farfetched. He has openly said he would like to play for Chicago. Now is it likely to happen is another story.

BALLER R
09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Bulls need another star.

Pacer can still keep that same team for at least another year or two.

If knicks don't get it done they need to go in a different direction.

OKC lost it when they traded Harden.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 11:17 AM
He can be traded for. Its not like its farfetched. He has openly said he would like to play for Chicago. Now is it likely to happen is another story.

He said "sign Kevin Love". Last time I checked, you can't sign a player under contract with another team. I was responding to that notion. Now if you want to talk about trading for him that's a different story.

Who would Chicago have to offer that the Timberwolves would seriously consider fair value in a trade for Love, that wouldn't blow up Chicago's core? And their draft picks aren't worth much if they have D Rose + Noah + Love. They don't have the players to move. Especially after amnestying Boozer and letting Deng walk. I guess they could pick up pieces in this seasons FA and then try to flip them, but still. I would call it farfetched.

Kashmir13579
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
If the Knicks make it to the ECF i don't think they will hang their heads.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 11:23 AM
You're exaggerating to try to make a point. Teams can't trade consecutive picks so why wouldn't CHI have Snell, Butler or Mirotic?

DEN only got a late 1st and a swap from NY, and Noah & Deng are better than Gallo & CHandler, so I doubt they would get 3 1st rounders from CHI including the CHA pick. A late 1st is likely all they would have gotten if that.

And again, you're worried about role players when I just showed you 10-11 guys that NY got already, don't worry about role players, those are easy to get. I mean even CHI got guys like Nate, Marco, Dunleavy, Hinrich...etc... in the last year or two w/o any cap space.

From 2011-2014 I'm sure CHI would be LOADED with role players around Melo, Boozer, Asik, & Rose.
Butler would have been the first draft after the Melo trade. He wouldn't be here man. Then skip a year and another 1st and that is Snell. We also traded for Mitotic in the same Draft we drafted butler. So its very plausible we have none of them. Its actually probably the most likeliest scenario. Only 2 draft picks but with Melo there probably wouldn't have been a reason to trade for Mirotic.

Also your list of FA is not making a point. Camby did nothing. Kmart isn't great either. MWP was the luck of the amnesty. Barge is just terrible. The only viable role players are Udrih, Felton, Copeland, and Novak. Jr smith wouldn't have even been an option because as bad as it sounds we tend to stay away from players with bad reputations.

Its just a bad argument because we are definitely in a better spot without Melo.
We would have Melo at 21 m, rose at 21m, Boozer at 15m, and Ask at 5 mil until the 3rd years when it got to 15mil. 71 mil wrapped up in 4 players would just be terrible.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 11:25 AM

Also, where has he said explicitly that he wants to play for Chicago? This is a K Love quote from this year, doesn't seem like he's thinking about Chicago to me:

“I just think that they need to realize that I love being here,” Love said. “I don’t know where the misconception came along, but I love this team. I love this organization, and somewhere along the line it went the other way. I think that wholeheartedly they need to realize that I do want to be here. I have fun being here.

And that was before Kahn was fired (the main source of his ire) and the roster revamped with shooters. I don't get the hype surrounding Love and Chicago. It seems incredibly unlikely to me.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Butler would have been the first draft after the Melo trade. He wouldn't be here man. Then skip a year and another 1st and that is Snell. We also traded for Mitotic in the same Draft we drafted butler. So its very plausible we have none of them. Its actually probably the most likeliest scenario. Only 2 draft picks but with Melo there probably wouldn't have been a reason to trade for Mirotic.

Also your list of FA is not making a point. Camby did nothing. Kmart isn't great either. MWP was the luck of the amnesty. Barge is just terrible. The only viable role players are Udrih, Felton, Copeland, and Novak. Jr smith wouldn't have even been an option because as bad as it sounds we tend to stay away from players with bad reputations.

Its just a bad argument because we are definitely in a better spot without Melo.
We would have Melo at 21 m, rose at 21m, Boozer at 15m, and Ask at 5 mil until the 3rd years when it got to 15mil. 71 mil wrapped up in 4 players would just be terrible.

CHI had already traded their 2010 1st rounder, so they couldn't trade the 2011 pick, it would have to been the 2012 1st... which was who? Teague? and that's likely all DEN would have been able to get.

Not to mention in 2015 with Asik & Boozer coming off, CHI would be in position to get another max type player like Love.

You can nitpick the role players all you want, but they are just that, ROLE players.

You're trying to put together a whole worst case scenario, but the truth is CHI with Asik, Boozer, Melo, Rose & Gibson would have been very well set for the future. And Gibson would have probably been traded instead of being signed to that horrible deal... which would have been another plus.

Vampirate
09-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Bulls need another star.

Pacer can still keep that same team for at least another year or two.

If knicks don't get it done they need to go in a different direction.

OKC lost it when they traded Harden.

OKC has the 2nd best player in the league with a superstar PG, their window is far from closed.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 11:31 AM
He said "sign Kevin Love". Last time I checked, you can't sign a player under contract with another team. I was responding to that notion. Now if you want to talk about trading for him that's a different story.

Who would Chicago have to offer that the Timberwolves would seriously consider fair value in a trade for Love, that wouldn't blow up Chicago's core? And their draft picks aren't worth much if they have D Rose + Noah + Love. They don't have the players to move. Especially after amnestying Boozer and letting Deng walk. I guess they could pick up pieces in this seasons FA and then try to flip them, but still. I would call it farfetched.

Definatlety isn't farfetched. The closer we get to the bobcats pick the more valuable it becomes. Sometime in the next 3 years. Mitotic is most likely coming over next year and all he has to do is show potential. Also I'm sure if we don't play a role in FA that Deng will be resigned. You don't think in 2 seasons Deng, Mirotic, Bobcats pick, and a 1st wouldn't be enticing?

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Also, where has he said explicitly that he wants to play for Chicago? This is a K Love quote from this year, doesn't seem like he's thinking about Chicago to me:

And that was before Kahn was fired (the main source of his ire) and the roster revamped with shooters. I don't get the hype surrounding Love and Chicago. It seems incredibly unlikely to me.

He has stated he wanted to play with Rose.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Definatlety isn't farfetched. The closer we get to the bobcats pick the more valuable it becomes. Sometime in the next 3 years. Mitotic is most likely coming over next year and all he has to do is show potential. Also I'm sure if we don't play a role in FA that Deng will be resigned. You don't think in 2 seasons Deng, Mirotic, Bobcats pick, and a 1st wouldn't be enticing?

I'm not saying that offer is entirely unreasonable.. but I am saying there would be better offers out there. You've been reading too much into the Chicagoland K Love hype train and it's got you thinking that if Love goes anywhere, it has to be Chicago. At this point it's far fetched that Kevin Love goes anywhere. If the Wolves miss the playoffs this year and he starts demanding to be moved.. then it moves from farfetched to a possibility. Still not even close to a sure thing, given the fact that there are plenty of other teams that can put together nice(r) packages for him.

valade16
09-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Rose
????
Melo
Boozer
Asik

If you're unsatisfied with the Knicks as an example look at the Heat. They've gotten Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Greg Oden, Chris Anderson, etc. in the last 2 years.

Or look at the Lakers when they were good.

A big market with big stars always attracts quality bench players. It's ridiculous to say you don't want Carmelo Anthony because you'd lose Snell and Mitotic.

I agree with the other guy. Chicago right now lost 2 quality trade assets in Deng and Boozer becuase they waited until they got too old to be valuable commodities. The return they get on investment from them will not be close to their on-court value.

They've backed themselves into a corner.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 11:36 AM

Can you link me to this quote please? I can't seem to find it.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 11:37 AM

If Love is who CHI is after, then the Melo trade makes even MORE sense since CHI would be setup with cap space in 2015... Love is a FA in 2015, not 2014.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 11:47 AM
CHI had already traded their 2010 1st rounder, so they couldn't trade the 2011 pick, it would have to been the 2012 1st... which was who? Teague? and that's likely all DEN would have been able to get.

Not to mention in 2015 with Asik & Boozer coming off, CHI would be in position to get another max type player like Love.

You can nitpick the role players all you want, but they are just that, ROLE players.

You're trying to put together a whole worst case scenario, but the truth is CHI with Asik, Boozer, Melo, Rose & Gibson would have been very well set for the future. And Gibson would have probably been traded instead of being signed to that horrible deal... which would have been another plus.

We had 2 picks. We could trade them. The rule is you can't trade 2 consecutive 1sts if they are your only 1st. So again who is to say we don't trade the 30th and stick with Norris Cole at 28?

Also your misinformed. Gison would probably have been let go man. There wouldn't have been enough money. We would have looked for a cheaper route. If Asik signed that deal, then Taj would have been gone.

Again Melo just isn't worth Noah(top 5 C), Deng(top 6 SF), and a pick or two. Just isn't. Its a domino affect because Melo basically brought all his buddies from Denver to NY. Our team is just overall better than it would have been if we had traded for Melo.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
We had 2 picks. We could trade them. The rule is you can't trade 2 consecutive 1sts if they are your only 1st. So again who is to say we don't trade the 30th and stick with Norris Cole at 28?

Also your misinformed. Gison would probably have been let go man. There wouldn't have been enough money. We would have looked for a cheaper route. If Asik signed that deal, then Taj would have been gone.

Again Melo just isn't worth Noah(top 5 C), Deng(top 6 SF), and a pick or two. Just isn't. Its a domino affect because Melo basically brought all his buddies from Denver to NY. Our team is just overall better than it would have been if we had traded for Melo.

Ok so who's to say Butler wouldn't be in CHI?

And like I said in my post, yea Gibson would have likely been traded, and that's a good thing IMO, instead CHI kept him and paid him $8m for 4 or 5 years which looks like a horrible deal right now. But in 2011 he had A LOT of value because he was still only 26 and on a cheap contract. So CHI could have gotten a nice young piece for him or a solid pick.

Is Melo worth Deng, Noah and a late 1st? I think so, but even if you don't, when you factor in that it was really Melo AND Asik, vs Deng, Noah and a 1st, then I think the choice becomes clear.

valade16
09-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Yes, he is...

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:00 PM
If you're unsatisfied with the Knicks as an example look at the Heat. They've gotten Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Greg Oden, Chris Anderson, etc. in the last 2 years.

Or look at the Lakers when they were good.

A big market with big stars always attracts quality bench players. It's ridiculous to say you don't want Carmelo Anthony because you'd lose Snell and Mitotic.

I agree with the other guy. Chicago right now lost 2 quality trade assets in Deng and Boozer becuase they waited until they got too old to be valuable commodities. The return they get on investment from them will not be close to their on-court value.

They've backed themselves into a corner.

Neither Rose or Melo have the same pull as that of LeBron though. Also Boozer was never and will never be a trade asset man. We couldn't even dump him the past 2 years. Also the only good offer that we have ever gotten for Deng and pieces was Kobe but Kobe vetoed it. Other than that it has been not good proposals or mid to late lottery picks.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 12:02 PM
I guess you didn't find the quote you were using as the crutch of your argument either, Chitownbulls? :shrug:

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Can you link me to this quote please? I can't seem to find it.

If I find it I will. It was in 2011 I believe and he was talking about how he was tired of losing and a reporter ask him players he wouldn't mind playing with and Lebron, Rose, and Westbrook were 3 of them that he mentioned.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
If I find it I will. It was in 2011 I believe and he was talking about how he was tired of losing and a reporter ask him players he wouldn't mind playing with and Lebron, Rose, and Westbrook were 3 of them that he mentioned.

LOL. So you're using a quote from 2 years ago (which I can't even find after googling for a while) when the Wolves roster was garbage. Not only that.. but it's a generic statement basically saying that he would like to play the with the best players in the league. Can I rest my case that you are exaggerating both his desire to be in Chicago, and the likelihood of him moving to Chicago, now?

Matter.
09-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I guess you didn't find the quote you were using as the crutch of your argument either, Chitownbulls? :shrug:

"Love told SI.com that during last summer's World Championship in Turkey he had conversations with USA Basketball teammates Russell Westbrook (who played with Love at UCLA) and Derrick Rose about the possibility of someday teaming up in the NBA. Oklahoma City's Westbrook and Chicago's Rose are also permitted to sign extensions this summer."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/01/04/kevin.love/index.html#ixzz2dwOAHpLR

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Neither Rose or Melo have the same pull as that of LeBron though. Also Boozer was never and will never be a trade asset man. We couldn't even dump him the past 2 years. Also the only good offer that we have ever gotten for Deng and pieces was Kobe but Kobe vetoed it. Other than that it has been not good proposals or mid to late lottery picks.

Still could've used the amnesty on him at some point. Using it on him next year would make them look incompetent since there would only be one more year left on his deal.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
"Love told SI.com that during last summer's World Championship in Turkey he had conversations with USA Basketball teammates Russell Westbrook (who played with Love at UCLA) and Derrick Rose about the possibility of someday teaming up in the NBA. Oklahoma City's Westbrook and Chicago's Rose are also permitted to sign extensions this summer."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/01/04/kevin.love/index.html#ixzz2dwOAHpLR

Like I said Matter, that was more than 2 years ago.. and it was widely reported afterwards that they were mostly joking and just kicking around ideas. Using that single quote from 2 years ago to somehow equate that Love wants out of Minny and over to Chicago next season.. is laughable. Typical large market media hype job.

Thank you for actually linking to the quote though.

Matter.
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Like I said Matter, that was more than 2 years ago.. and it was widely reported afterwards that they were mostly joking and just kicking around ideas. Using that single quote from 2 years ago to somehow equate that Love wants out of Minny and over to Chicago next season.. is laughable.

idk i just read this page lol

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Ok so who's to say Butler wouldn't be in CHI?

And like I said in my post, yea Gibson would have likely been traded, and that's a good thing IMO, instead CHI kept him and paid him $8m for 4 or 5 years which looks like a horrible deal right now. But in 2011 he had A LOT of value because he was still only 26 and on a cheap contract. So CHI could have gotten a nice young piece for him or a solid pick.

Is Melo worth Deng, Noah and a late 1st? I think so, but even if you don't, when you factor in that it was really Melo AND Asik, vs Deng, Noah and a 1st, then I think the choice becomes clear.

Its terrible man. Melo just isn't a good fit for this system. We need 2 way players. Sure he and asik would be more offense than Deng and Noah but our Defense would also take a hit. Also we drafted Butler to hopefully become the replacement of Deng. Hence Deng's name being in a bunch of rumors. With Melo you wouldn't need that. Sure Butler CAN play the 2 but he is more affective at the 3. I just don't think we draft him if Melo was here. I'd rather have the potential of getting Love or LMA than trading for Melo. I'm sure most Bulls fans on this board would agree with that also. And obviously the Bulls FO agrees as well.

I just don't like the idea of Rose and Melo. Melo is much better with the ball in his hands. Would rather have a big man to match him up with and good 2 way player like jimmy, deng , and Noah.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Like I said Matter, that was more than 2 years ago.. and it was widely reported afterwards that they were mostly joking and just kicking around ideas. Using that single quote from 2 years ago to somehow equate that Love waonts out of Minny and over to Chicago next season.. is laughable. Typical large market media hype job.

I'm pretty sure thats how Wade, Lebron, and Bosh came together. But you dismiss it when it doesn't support your argument.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Its terrible man. Melo just isn't a good fit for this system. We need 2 way players. Sure he and asik would be more offense than Deng and Noah but our Defense would also take a hit. Also we drafted Butler to hopefully become the replacement of Deng. Hence Deng's name being in a bunch of rumors. With Melo you wouldn't need that. Sure Butler CAN play the 2 but he is more affective at the 3. I just don't think we draft him if Melo was here. I'd rather have the potential of getting Love or LMA than trading for Melo. I'm sure most Bulls fans on this board would agree with that also. And obviously the Bulls FO agrees as well.

I just don't like the idea of Rose and Melo. Melo is much better with the ball in his hands. Would rather have a big man to match him up with and good 2 way player like jimmy, deng , and Noah.

I sincerely doubt that. You're telling me that right now most CHI fans would not trade Deng & Noah for Melo & Asik?

And CHI is a great defensive team, but that doesn't mean you need EVERY player to be a stud defender. Defense is a team game. Look at your guys that played in the playoffs, Boozer, Nate & Marco, all regarded as horrible defenders, but they still played great TEAM defense. Thibs is great at that, and Melo is a better defender than Nate or Marco. You need defensive anchors like Butler and Asik or Noah, or for NY for instance Chandler & Shump, but you also need scorers. You can't have a team of 5 defenders.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Still could've used the amnesty on him at some point. Using it on him next year would make them look incompetent since there would only be one more year left on his deal.

How considering if injury hadn't happen we could have given the Heat a run for their money the last 2 years. It would have made them look incompetent if they had amnestied him just after 2 years.

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 12:18 PM

You're aware that before Boozer went to Chicago he was basically the quivalent of Amare on defense, right? There's no reason to think the same thing would have happened with Melo, unless you are then going to detract from Thibs ability to coach him up.

ackar
09-04-2013, 12:21 PM
One thing about the whole trade for Melo thing is this. Melo never wanted to come to Chicago and he only wanted to go home to the Knicks!

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:22 PM
One thing about the whole trade for Melo thing is this. Melo never wanted to come to Chicago and he only wanted to go home to the Knicks!

He had a list, and CHI was on the list of teams he'd go to and extend with.

I believe it was CHI, NY, BK, & HOU.

Obviously NY was his 1st choice, but he would have gone to CHI.

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
How considering if injury hadn't happen we could have given the Heat a run for their money the last 2 years. It would have made them look incompetent if they had amnestied him just after 2 years.

That's easy to say now since the injury happened and he took a whole year off.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I sincerely doubt that. You're telling me that right now most CHI fans would not trade Deng & Noah for Melo & Asik?

And CHI is a great defensive team, but that doesn't mean you need EVERY player to be a stud defender. Defense is a team game. Look at your guys that played in the playoffs, Boozer, Nate & Marco, all regarded as horrible defenders, but they still played great TEAM defense. Thibs is great at that, and Melo is a better defender than Nate or Marco. You need defensive anchors like Butler and Asik or Noah, or for NY for instance Chandler & Shump, but you also need scorers. You can't have a team of 5 defenders.
Never said that you needed 5 primary defenders but you also can't have two liabilities and still be a top defense. Look at Miami the reason they are so dominate is that nights when their shots sent falling they can lock you down on defense. What happens those nights when Melo goes 10 for 28 or 6 for 16 like he did against Indiana? You can't bench him. That's why y'all couldn't beat IND. Because y'all defense wasn't there in 3 of the 6 games.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Never said that you needed 5 primary defenders but you also can't have two liabilities and still be a top defense. Look at Miami the reason they are so dominate is that nights when their shots sent falling they can lock you down on defense. What happens those nights when Melo goes 10 for 28 or 6 for 16 like he did against Indiana? You can't bench him. That's why y'all couldn't beat IND. Because y'all defense wasn't there in 3 of the 6 games.

That's why NY AND CHI both need another scorer.

It wasn't our D that lost us that series, it was IND's size and rebounding and the fact that JR had a bad knee and shot 26% in the series, he's not a legit #2 guy.

And melo isn't a great defender, but a "liability" is a huge stretch.

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Now you are just making stuff up.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
You're aware that before Boozer went to Chicago he was basically the quivalent of Amare on defense, right? There's no reason to think the same thing would have happened with Melo, unless you are then going to detract from Thibs ability to coach him up.

Boozer is still trash on Defense but when you have kirk, butler, Deng, and Noah out there you know that 4 out of 5 guys are being played tough. Now you take away Deng and butler and you replace them with Melo and a defensive minded 2. You then have to hide 2 people at tough positions at sf and of.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Now you are just making stuff up.
Yes because IND never scored over 100 right? Melo never hot that bad in that series huh? Which one of those am i making up? Please in form me.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure thats how Wade, Lebron, and Bosh came together. But you dismiss it when it doesn't support your argument.

You're basing your entire argument upon one single quote from two years ago. Not to mention the fact that Love extended his contract with the Wolves after that quote was made. I don't see how it's unreasonable to dismiss that quote when he's made several to the contrary since the roster started improving. That coupled with the fact that this entire discussion started over a guy saying the Bulls will "sign" Love next year just makes this entire argument hypothetical and not really based in reality. I am equally, if not more so, justified in dismissing the quote as you are in using it to base your entire rationale for why it might be likely the Bulls end up getting Love.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:34 PM
That's why NY AND CHI both need another scorer.

It wasn't our D that lost us that series, it was IND's size and rebounding and the fact that JR had a bad knee and shot 26% in the series, he's not a legit #2 guy.

And melo isn't a great defender, but a "liability" is a huge stretch.

Still, if y'all could have played better D in the 1st and the last game. Y'all win have a chance to win that series.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:36 PM
You're basing your entire argument upon one single quote from two years ago. Not to mention the fact that Love extended his contract with the Wolves after that quote was made. I don't see how it's unreasonable to dismiss that quote when he's made several to the contrary since the roster started improving. That coupled with the fact that this entire discussion started over a guy saying the Bulls will "sign" Love next year just makes this entire argument hypothetical and not really based in reality. I am equally, if not more so, justified in dismissing the quote as you are in using it to base your entire rationale for why it might be likely the Bulls end up getting Love.

You asked for a link, dude gave you a link and you dismiss it. Who cares if he extended? Point being you didn't believe he said that he wanted to play with rose and you were proved wrong.

nycericanguy
09-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Still, if y'all could have played better D in the 1st and the last game. Y'all win have a chance to win that series.

we had a chance anyway, we were up late in the 4th of game 6 with a chance to send it to a game 7 at home.

Sometimes those series are determined by one play or shot here or there... but when you're 2nd leading scorer shoots 26% in a series it's going to be hard to win. Add in Felton and those guys went 4 for 22 in game 6... those were are 2nd and 3rd scorers, good luck winning that way.

IND scoring 100 points twice in 6 games isn't exactly a bad thing. Knicks scored 105 in game 2 and 99 in game 6... does that mean IND's defense was bad too?

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes because IND never scored over 100 right? Melo never hot that bad in that series huh? Which one of those am i making up? Please in form me.

Indy scoring over 100 in 1/3 of the games isn't why we lost. It's not even relevant. It's because we averaged 11 less points per game than we did in the regular season and no one could hit a shot. Pretty sure we held Indiana to about the same number we held people to all year long.

aTinyPanda
09-04-2013, 12:44 PM
You asked for a link, dude gave you a link and you dismiss it. Who cares if he extended? Point being you didn't believe he said that he wanted to play with rose and you were proved wrong.

That is not the point at all. I just explained to you why the quote is still easy to dismiss. You're focusing in on me, instead of the context of the quote and how the situation on both teams has changed. Not to mention the fact that there are other players than Rose involved in the quote to begin with. Now you've abandoned your entire original argument and are fixating on me dismissing the quote (as if the quote is somehow definitive proof that he wants to play for the Bulls... What if he wants the Wolves to bring in D Rose.. what if Love, Westbrook, and Rose were talking about all joining the Lakers post-Kobe.. you're making 1000 assumptions). He extended, which means he didn't demand a trade prior to that, which means he wasn't interested in forcing himself onto Rose's team at that time. How is that not relevant? You're being a complete homer. I granted in my second post that if the team doesn't make the playoffs this year, it's possible and maybe even likely that he demands a trade to get out of Minny. However, if that is the case then there will be better offers out there than what the Bulls can make to get him.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:48 PM
we had a chance anyway, we were up late in the 4th of game 6 with a chance to send it to a game 7 at home.

Sometimes those series are determined by one play or shot here or there... but when you're 2nd leading scorer shoots 26% in a series it's going to be hard to win. Add in Felton and those guys went 4 for 22 in game 6... those were are 2nd and 3rd scorers, good luck winning that way.

IND scoring 100 points twice in 6 games isn't exactly a bad thing. Knicks scored 105 in game 2 and 99 in game 6... does that mean IND's defense was bad too?

No because y'all were around your average. IND wasn't around their average. There is definitely a difference.

I'll give you the fact that JR and Felt on played terrible but you can still win the game on the other end of the court. There is more to basketball than just offense.

DetroitBadBoy
09-04-2013, 12:50 PM
LeBron is in a league of his own now and all the teams should know this. The Heat are perfectly built to compliment him. All teams can try and do is get a LeBron stopper (rare in the league) and a great rim protector. Every team also needs to have the ability to out-shoot the Heat from 3pt land.

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 12:55 PM
No because y'all were around your average. IND wasn't around their average. There is definitely a difference.

I'll give you the fact that JR and Felt on played terrible but you can still win the game on the other end of the court. There is more to basketball than just offense.

We were only around our average for those 2 games, which is why we lost, because we couldn't put the ball in the basket. There's nowhere for you to go from here on this point.

Everyone knows there are two ends of the floor, but don't pretend that the Knicks lost because of defense, because it's not true.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Indy scoring over 100 in 1/3 of the games isn't why we lost. It's not even relevant. It's because we averaged 11 less points per game than we did in the regular season and no one could hit a shot. Pretty sure we held Indiana to about the same number we held people to all year long.

2 games is a lot in a playoff series. If y'all hold the Pacers to their 94 ppg average y'all win in 6 despite the poor play of JR and Felton.

Also yo kind of proved my point when you said y'all didn't score around your season average. If y'all played better D and held them to their season average. Your team making it to their average is not even a factor. Point being with melo, even with the likes of TC and shump for defense, it is hard to be a great defensive team. Sure you can be solid. He is solid but doesn't show the effort on that side of the ball.

D-Leethal
09-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Knicks 2015 plan doesn't change either way.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-04-2013, 01:17 PM
A Mod needs to change the title of this thread to "Should Chi have traded for Melo years ago & some other garbage"

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
A Mod needs to change the title of this thread to "Should Chi have traded for Melo years ago & some other garbage"

The guy who made the thread didn't intend for it but people used it to take subtle shots at the Bulls.

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 02:06 PM
2 games is a lot in a playoff series. If y'all hold the Pacers to their 94 ppg average y'all win in 6 despite the poor play of JR and Felton.

Also yo kind of proved my point when you said y'all didn't score around your season average. If y'all played better D and held them to their season average. Your team making it to their average is not even a factor. Point being with melo, even with the likes of TC and shump for defense, it is hard to be a great defensive team. Sure you can be solid. He is solid but doesn't show the effort on that side of the ball.

I didn't prove your point in the slightest. You are decidedly interpreting things to fit your point of view. Fact is, if the Knicks scored their average from reg. season they win, not above their average, just their average.

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
The guy who made the thread didn't intend for it but people used it to take subtle shots at the Bulls.

No. Someone just pointed out that the Bulls still need a second option and since their major trade chips are now aging, it may be too late for them to acquire another dynamic offensive player.

Dade County
09-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Please Knicks & bulls fans... Don't turn this thread into your battle field!!!

Dade County
09-04-2013, 02:58 PM

:laugh2::no:... Knicks & bulls fans are a very spirited fan base, and they just can help throwing jabs at each other.

:nod:

Who knew.

smiddy012
09-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Hindsight is 50/50, so we won't really know if it was smart to pass up Deng/Noah/Pics for Melo until we see what the Bulls do for the next 5-6 years.

That said, as of THIS season, I think the Bulls are better off. Sure, we could drop the ball in the future by letting Booz & Deng go without a real signing in return, but we don't know that yet.

On the bright side, the Bulls have a good deal of young assets: you got Rose, Butler, Mirotic, the Bobcats pick, and Snell (book isn't in on him yet though). Add a Noah who's still able to play at a high level into his 30s and the future looks bright in Chicago. But had we traded for Melo, we likely wouldn't have 3-4 of those "young assets".

So to me the only gray area as to whether of not we should've traded for Melo is the mid-term (season 2-3), but time will only tell what moves the Bulls FO are able to make after this next season.

And lastly, and this is not a dig at Melo fans, just Melo, but if he were a more well-rounded player, and didn't lack leadership skills (like I think he does), then trading for Melo probably would've been the right move.

valade16
09-04-2013, 04:07 PM
To counterpoint what I said earlier in the thread, even though 'Melo is amazing; I'm not sure he and Rose could really co-exist. They are just so ball-centric it wouldn't maximize either's abilities. Both on another level with the ball in their hands, but there's only 1 ball...

KnickaBocka.44
09-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Please Knicks & bulls fans... Don't turn this thread into your battle field!!!

In the defense of all of us, it was pretty much a thinly veiled bait thread to begin with :shrug:

jerellh528
09-04-2013, 05:39 PM
From your list, I think pacers and bulls have a great shot to get "past" the heat this season anyways.

Dade County
09-04-2013, 05:39 PM
In the defense of all of us, it was pretty much a thinly veiled bait thread to begin with :shrug:

:laugh2:

lol thats crazy

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
first off the spurs should have won so lets not act like the heat were this super team and can't nobody beat them also indy took them to 7 games wade is slowly declining allen is a year older and christina bosh sux i think the thread should be renamed how can the heat win their third title not what teams have to do to beat them

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Hindsight is 50/50, so we won't really know if it was smart to pass up Deng/Noah/Pics for Melo until we see what the Bulls do for the next 5-6 years.

That said, as of THIS season, I think the Bulls are better off. Sure, we could drop the ball in the future by letting Booz & Deng go without a real signing in return, but we don't know that yet.

On the bright side, the Bulls have a good deal of young assets: you got Rose, Butler, Mirotic, the Bobcats pick, and Snell (book isn't in on him yet though). Add a Noah who's still able to play at a high level into his 30s and the future looks bright in Chicago. But had we traded for Melo, we likely wouldn't have 3-4 of those "young assets".

So to me the only gray area as to whether of not we should've traded for Melo is the mid-term (season 2-3), but time will only tell what moves the Bulls FO are able to make after this next season.

And lastly, and this is not a dig at Melo fans, just Melo, but if he were a more well-rounded player, and didn't lack leadership skills (like I think he does), then trading for Melo probably would've been the right move.

omg bulls fans are crazy a melo rose duo would have been like durant westbrook on steroids why can't you guys just admit you should have traded for melo you guys would be on your 3rd title now and yall had asik to replace noah it's just funny how bulls fans overrate their own players lmao

Hawkeye15
09-04-2013, 08:00 PM
first off the spurs should have won so lets not act like the heat were this super team and can't nobody beat them also indy took them to 7 games wade is slowly declining allen is a year older and christina bosh sux i think the thread should be renamed how can the heat win their third title not what teams have to do to beat them

I do agree in order for the Heat to win this year, Bron has to go nova. Wade has proven he is just either worn down due to the pounding, or declined. Bosh is ineffective in series against good bigs. Bron will have to channel his MJ to win another title with the Heat as currently constructed, unless Wade has a resurgence in his health.

SportsFanatic10
09-04-2013, 08:24 PM
omg bulls fans are crazy a melo rose duo would have been like durant westbrook on steroids why can't you guys just admit you should have traded for melo you guys would be on your 3rd title now and yall had asik to replace noah it's just funny how bulls fans overrate their own players lmao

no, they'd be good but durant and westbrook would still be a better duo.

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 08:30 PM
no, they'd be good but durant and westbrook would still be a better duo.

you must be smoking crack while you can go back and forth on melo and durant a healthy d rose is light years ahead of westbrook heck even d rose at 75 % is better than westbrook even if you fell like durant is better you can't compare d rose to westbrook

SportsFanatic10
09-04-2013, 08:34 PM
you must be smoking crack while you can go back and forth on melo and durant a healthy d rose is light years ahead of westbrook heck even d rose at 75 % is better than westbrook even if you fell like durant is better you can't compare d rose to westbrook

lol you sound like the one on crack. you can go back and forth on rose and westbrook but durant is clearly better than melo and it's pretty obvious. you certainly can compare rose and westbrook try it sometime instead of just blindly saying rose is light years better lol, that's just simply not the case.

MTar786
09-04-2013, 08:34 PM
well the thunder and spurs have no chance. the clippers may have a shot but thats because we really don't know how well they can be yet. so the clips potential is more hope based. thats pretty much it for the west. in my opinion the only teams that have a shot in the east are the nets and pacers

SportsFanatic10
09-04-2013, 08:37 PM
well the thunder and spurs have no chance. the clippers may have a shot but thats because we really don't know how well they can be yet. so the clips potential is more hope based. thats pretty much it for the west. in my opinion the only teams that have a shot in the east are the nets and pacers

i don't think it's fair to the thunder and spurs to say they have no shot, why do you say that?

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 08:41 PM
lol you sound like the one on crack. you can go back and forth on rose and westbrook but durant is clearly better than melo and it's pretty obvious. you certainly can compare rose and westbrook try it sometime instead of just blindly saying rose is light years better lol, that's just simply not the case.

your obviously a heat fan i didn't expect you to say melo is better so thats a wash even though melo is but bro how about you compare westbrook to rose and come back to me with the stats off the top of my head rose is a better jump shooter passer more efficient westbrook doesn't do one thing better than rose so yes you must be on something :smoking:

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM

the spurs should be champs right now :facepalm::facepalm:

SportsFanatic10
09-04-2013, 08:52 PM
your obviously a heat fan i didn't expect you to say melo is better so thats a wash even though melo is but bro how about you compare westbrook to rose and come back to me with the stats off the top of my head rose is a better jump shooter passer more efficient westbrook doesn't do one thing better than rose so yes you must be on something :smoking:

you talking about me being a heat fan making me biased about the melo/durant comparison! LOL look in the mirror, durant is obviously the better player i can guarantee you almost every non knick fan would agree, you are just letting your knicks bias blind you. and i don't need to look up the stats between rose and westbrook i know they are very similar players, you clearly don't know how to evaluate without bias so i'm done with you.

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 09:37 PM
you talking about me being a heat fan making me biased about the melo/durant comparison! LOL look in the mirror, durant is obviously the better player i can guarantee you almost every non knick fan would agree, you are just letting your knicks bias blind you. and i don't need to look up the stats between rose and westbrook i know they are very similar players, you clearly don't know how to evaluate without bias so i'm done with you.
melo and durant have nothing to do with this the reason a rose melo duo would be better is because of the rose westy comparison the melo durant comparison doesn't matter because even if you think durant is better it wouldn't be by much and don't get me wrong westbrook is a stud but d rose and cp3 are just in another class when it comes to point guards and btw don't waste your time looking up their stats d rose when healthy is a monster :speechless:

SportsFanatic10
09-04-2013, 09:41 PM
melo and durant have nothing to do with this the reason a rose melo duo would be better is because of the rose westy comparison the melo durant comparison doesn't matter because even if you think durant is better it wouldn't be by much and don't get me wrong westbrook is a stud but d rose and cp3 are just in another class when it comes to point guards and btw don't waste your time looking up their stats d rose when healthy is a monster :speechless:

alright one last response. i'll put it as simply as i can for you. the gap between durant and melo is bigger than the gap between rose and westbrook. rose might be slightly better but it's close between the two. durant is clearly better than melo and that really isn't up for debate so quit thinking they're a wash lol. or just keep thinking it and live in denial i guess. anyways i'm done derailing the thread, but good luck proving melo is as good as durant if you actually look into it objectively you'll find its a big uphill climb. and rose isn't proven to be way ahead of westbrook like you seem to think.

shep33
09-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Indy and Chicago are fine in the long run. Indy has a young stud in George, plus a good trade chip in Granger (expiring contract, and decent player).

Chicago will be fine. Let Deng walk, amnesty Boozer and they're back in business. Rose, Butler, Noah + 2nd star is an awesome lineup. Thibs will have them be a top defensive team regardless who is on that squad.

Most intriguing is OKC. If Ibaka does develop his offensive game a bit more (I think a lot of this has to do with Brooks though too), then I just can't see them getting over the top. The west is so tough, and losing Harden was a killer... then losing Martin was another blow.

east fb knicks
09-04-2013, 11:51 PM
alright one last response. i'll put it as simply as i can for you. the gap between durant and melo is bigger than the gap between rose and westbrook. rose might be slightly better but it's close between the two. durant is clearly better than melo and that really isn't up for debate so quit thinking they're a wash lol. or just keep thinking it and live in denial i guess. anyways i'm done derailing the thread, but good luck proving melo is as good as durant if you actually look into it objectively you'll find its a big uphill climb. and rose isn't proven to be way ahead of westbrook like you seem to think.
bro you are entitled to your own opinion you thinking durant is better doesn't bother me the least bit but just remember durant has westbrook just go look at what okc did against the grizz without westy while melo has no 2nd star so if you look at their stats it's a little misleading being that melo was forced to carry the offensive load last year and he did great 2nd seed in the east and he led the league in scoring i guess your right though kd is way better lmfao it's not like i'm comparing melo to lebron because then i'd see your point but come on now kd and melo are both great offensive players but mediocre on defense and they are both good at rebounding however melo's advantage is his strength and versatility to play the 3 or 4 without missing a beat kd is a better shooter but not by much and he also gets alot of open looks playing with westy

ChitownbullsBG7
09-05-2013, 02:03 AM
bro you are entitled to your own opinion you thinking durant is better doesn't bother me the least bit but just remember durant has westbrook just go look at what okc did against the grizz without westy while melo has no 2nd star so if you look at their stats it's a little misleading being that melo was forced to carry the offensive load last year and he did great 2nd seed in the east and he led the league in scoring i guess your right though kd is way better lmfao it's not like i'm comparing melo to lebron because then i'd see your point but come on now kd and melo are both great offensive players but mediocre on defense and they are both good at rebounding however melo's advantage is his strength and versatility to play the 3 or 4 without missing a beat kd is a better shooter but not by much and he also gets alot of open looks playing with westy

Melo couldn't win with AI or Billups so what's your point. They were stars TOO. Not to mention KD has made it farther than him in a shorter career. You can't even name one thing that Melo does better than KD and back it up with facts. Only things Melo has over KD are that he chucks up more shots at a worse percentage and he plays in a bigger market. That is it.

FlashBolt
09-05-2013, 03:06 AM
At this point, it's all about whether or not LeBron wants to stay in Miami. LeBron is going to pick a great team that can already contend. He's not stupid. It's either win titles or retire for LeBron. I don't think changes will be made.. Miami just needs to worry about Wade/Bosh and find players willing to take cuts.

east fb knicks
09-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Melo couldn't win with AI or Billups so what's your point. They were stars TOO. Not to mention KD has made it farther than him in a shorter career. You can't even name one thing that Melo does better than KD and back it up with facts. Only things Melo has over KD are that he chucks up more shots at a worse percentage and he plays in a bigger market. That is it.

ai and billups lmao both of those guys were at the end of their careers and melo just led the league in scoring thats one thing he did better lmao if melo were on the thunder they would have won already not because melo is the overall better player because talent wise kd is better he shoots better has a ridiculous reach and is just a great player i'm not taking anything away from durant but melo just has the it factor and is more clutch i ranked kd above melo before this year after seeing us win 54 games with melo playing the 4 which isn't his position and dominate the way he did how can you not be a believer i mean our sixth man was our 2nd scorer and we still should have beat the pacers and been in the ecf if not for injuries i'm sorry but kd has westbroook i don't think he could have done what melo did last year and i'm not talking about stats i'm talking about 54 wins kd has always had westy but if he didn't then they'd probaly win like 45 games and be a first round exit without westbrook in the playoffs they barely beat the rockets and lost to the grizz

seikou8
09-05-2013, 05:20 AM
ai and billups lmao both of those guys were at the end of their careers and melo just led the league in scoring thats one thing he did better lmao if melo were on the thunder they would have won already not because melo is the overall better player because talent wise kd is better he shoots better has a ridiculous reach and is just a great player i'm not taking anything away from durant but melo just has the it factor and is more clutch i ranked kd above melo before this year after seeing us win 54 games with melo playing the 4 which isn't his position and dominate the way he did how can you not be a believer i mean our sixth man was our 2nd scorer and we still should have beat the pacers and been in the ecf if not for injuries i'm sorry but kd has westbroook i don't think he could have done what melo did last year and i'm not talking about stats i'm talking about 54 wins kd has always had westy but if he didn't then they'd probaly win like 45 games and be a first round exit without westbrook in the playoffs they barely beat the rockets and lost to the grizz

kd is better than melo period and im a knicks fan melo won the scoring title doesn't make you a better scorer a kd was averaging 30 when westbrook was just average pg in 09-10 season he is better almost every aspect of the game expect posting up. kd still put better number than melo these playoffs even without westbrook. i know melo is great and i am happy to have him but the sentences in bold are ridiculous.

tr3ymill3r
09-05-2013, 07:53 AM
The CBA.

east fb knicks
09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
kd is better than melo period and im a knicks fan melo won the scoring title doesn't make you a better scorer a kd was averaging 30 when westbrook was just average pg in 09-10 season he is better almost every aspect of the game expect posting up. kd still put better number than melo these playoffs even without westbrook. i know melo is great and i am happy to have him but the sentences in bold are ridiculous.
all i'm saying is i wanna see westbrook out for the year and let kd do what melo did last year and put the team on his back while still leading the league in scoring if kd would have beat the grizz without westbrook then i'd see your point

ChitownbullsBG7
09-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Where exactly did Melo lead the Knicks to? You act like he doesn't have help.

Dade County
09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
The CBA.

lol...

I think the CBA hurted enough teams already. They tried to stop the HEAT from creating a dynasty but all it really did was prevent teams from catching up to the HEAT ( talent super star wise ).

And it crippled small market teams by not allowing them to keep their talent.

nycericanguy
09-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Where exactly did Melo lead the Knicks to? You act like he doesn't have help.

He has some good role players around him, especially for the coming season, but let's be real, JR as the #2 option is awful.

Of all the 50 win teams last year Melo had the most injured team and no true 2nd guy. How did Durant do w/o his sidekick? And he at least still had Ibaka & Martin who were much better 2nd and 3rd options then Felton & JR.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-05-2013, 06:07 PM
He has some good role players around him, especially for the coming season, but let's be real, JR as the #2 option is awful.

Of all the 50 win teams last year Melo had the most injured team and no true 2nd guy. How did Durant do w/o his sidekick? And he at least still had Ibaka & Martin who were much better 2nd and 3rd options then Felton & JR.

Kevin Martin was no better than JR and ibaka on offense was no better than a spot up shooter.

5ass
09-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Rose-Hinrich-Teague
Butler-Brewer-Hinrich
Melo-Parsons
Boozer-Gibson
Asik-Nazr

That would've been a nice line up had the Bulls traded for Melo and drafted both Butler and Parsons. Who knows, with the decreased work load for Rose on offense maybe he would have avoided injury.

east fb knicks
09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Kevin Martin was no better than JR and ibaka on offense was no better than a spot up shooter.

if ibaka was on the knicks he'd be our 2nd best player lets not underrate kd's supporting cast even without westy last year okc still had a better team melo just had a monster year last year proving all his haters wrong and he almost took a sixth man and ok role players to the ecf while kd almost got knocked out in the first round without westy and lets not bring up the grizz series but i do admit this though as long as bargs plays good melo finally has talent on the knicks this year so we are going to see if he can take that next step espeacially with the east being so tough this year and truthfully idc if melo is better than kd as long as we get to the ecf this year i'd be happy :clap:

nycericanguy
09-05-2013, 07:43 PM

umm JR needed almost 15 shots per game to score 14ppg in the playoffs... Martin scored the same 14ppg on just 11.7 FGA.

Martin wasn't great, but he was much better than JR, and has been his entire career. And Ibaka scored over 13ppg on 57% shooting in the regular season... Felton & JR are low 40's shooters throughout their careers.

I mean even Reggie Jackson gave OKC 14ppg on 48% shooting... Melo had literally no one step up to help... lets be real, Durant even w/o Westbrook has a lot more help.

This year on paper Melo has some decent help, but still no legit #2. That #2 can be hard to find, that's why I think CHI made a mistake passing up on Melo. NY is in the same boat, we'll probably have to wait until 2015 to get another star.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-05-2013, 10:03 PM
umm JR needed almost 15 shots per game to score 14ppg in the playoffs... Martin scored the same 14ppg on just 11.7 FGA.

Martin wasn't great, but he was much better than JR, and has been his entire career. And Ibaka scored over 13ppg on 57% shooting in the regular season... Felton & JR are low 40's shooters throughout their careers.

I mean even Reggie Jackson gave OKC 14ppg on 48% shooting... Melo had literally no one step up to help... lets be real, Durant even w/o Westbrook has a lot more help.

This year on paper Melo has some decent help, but still no legit #2. That #2 can be hard to find, that's why I think CHI made a mistake passing up on Melo. NY is in the same boat, we'll probably have to wait until 2015 to get another star.

Stop it man just because NY players played like ****, doesn't mean they aren't better. Chandler, Amare, Jr, Felton, Shumpert, Copeland, Novak, Prig, and Kidd are most definitely more better than Jackson, Perkins, Martin, Ibaka, Brewer, Thabeet, Sefalosha, and Collision.

So what Jackson had a good stretch of games. He still isn't on Felton's level. Also let's be real, Melo isn't exactly a playmaker like KD. But at the same time he is one of the best scorers in the game. If people don't double him, he does absolutely nothing for anybody else.

bearadonisdna
09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
People are saying that the Bulls missed out on Melo but the price was two allstars Luol, Noah and draft picks.

LMAO.

east fb knicks
09-06-2013, 12:46 AM
People are saying that the Bulls missed out on Melo but the price was two allstars Luol, Noah and draft picks.

LMAO.
ummmmmmmm deng isn't really an all star and you guys had asik who could have done what noah did it's not like you guys are going anywhere with them anyways lmao

east fb knicks
09-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Stop it man just because NY players played like ****, doesn't mean they aren't better. Chandler, Amare, Jr, Felton, Shumpert, Copeland, Novak, Prig, and Kidd are most definitely more better than Jackson, Perkins, Martin, Ibaka, Brewer, Thabeet, Sefalosha, and Collision.

So what Jackson had a good stretch of games. He still isn't on Felton's level. Also let's be real, Melo isn't exactly a playmaker like KD. But at the same time he is one of the best scorers in the game. If people don't double him, he does absolutely nothing for anybody else.

all three of does players were injured in the playoffs so yeah outside of shump and felt for one series melo had no help oh yeah and melo was playing hurt himself now is ther anymore useful info you wanna tell us :shrug:

ChitownbullsBG7
09-06-2013, 03:53 AM
all three of does players were injured in the playoffs so yeah outside of shump and felt for one series melo had no help oh yeah and melo was playing hurt himself now is ther anymore useful info you wanna tell us :shrug:

I'll give you Am are but both TC and JR were able to play big minutes. How dense can you be. EVERYBODY on EVERY TEAM is playing with some kind of injuries. I mean you would get mad if I told you that y'all most likely would have gotten swept if Boston was healthy. Injury excuse when the players play just arn't plausible. If they are able to be on the floor then they are healthy enough to play.

Now is there any more excuse that the other 15 teams that made the playoffs could use? I mean Indi had no Granger and Hibbert wasn't 100%. Boston was missing Rondo, Barbosa, and Sullinger. Bulls were missing Rose, Kirk, and Deng. Not too mention Belinelli and Noah were hurt. Spurs had Parker and Ginobli playing hurt. Okc was missing Westbrook. Do I need to go on?

east fb knicks
09-06-2013, 07:07 AM
I'll give you Am are but both TC and JR were able to play big minutes. How dense can you be. EVERYBODY on EVERY TEAM is playing with some kind of injuries. I mean you would get mad if I told you that y'all most likely would have gotten swept if Boston was healthy. Injury excuse when the players play just arn't plausible. If they are able to be on the floor then they are healthy enough to play.

Now is there any more excuse that the other 15 teams that made the playoffs could use? I mean Indi had no Granger and Hibbert wasn't 100%. Boston was missing Rondo, Barbosa, and Sullinger. Bulls were missing Rose, Kirk, and Deng. Not too mention Belinelli and Noah were hurt. Spurs had Parker and Ginobli playing hurt. Okc was missing Westbrook. Do I need to go on?
lmao is this a joke both jr and tyson had serious injuries in jr's case to the point of him needing surgery and missing possibly the first two weeks of the season the point i was making is kd had more talent on okc in the playoffs and did just as good as melo so how is he so much better when they barely got past hou and lost to the grizz without westy i'm not making any excuses for my knicks i'm proud of what my team accomplished and even more proud to see my guys have heart jr tyson and melo could have all sat out but played through injuries and almost got us to the ecf i can't wait for next year when they are all healthy and we make some noise in the playoffs

TheIlladelph16
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
ITT: east fb knicks rambles on incoherently about how great Melo is while forgoing all use of punctuation. Seriously, learn the language we speak.

Melo isn't even remotely close to the level of Durant. You insisting that his supporting cast wasn't good doesn't change that fact. That's all that really needs to be said on this discussion.

TheNumber37
09-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Better question: What do the HEAT do, if they don't get past these teams. It's more interesting because the Heat WON'T 3peat. Sorry, Standing Pat, losing Mike Miller an gaining Greg Oden doesn't do it for me.

ATX
09-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Better question: What do the HEAT do, if they don't get past these teams. It's more interesting because the Heat WON'T 3peat. Sorry, Standing Pat, losing Mike Miller an gaining Greg Oden doesn't do it for me.

Well if it doesn't do it for you...Better just mail it in then.

KnickaBocka.44
09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
ITT: east fb knicks rambles on incoherently about how great Melo is while forgoing all use of punctuation. Seriously, learn the language we speak.

Melo isn't even remotely close to the level of Durant. You insisting that his supporting cast wasn't good doesn't change that fact. That's all that really needs to be said on this discussion.

This is the opposing, but equally uninformed, argument. KD is not in another stratosphere, but he is the better player.

TheIlladelph16
09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
This is the opposing, but equally uninformed, argument. KD is not in another stratosphere, but he is the better player.

I mean maybe not stratosphere, but he is head and shoulders above Melo. I truly don't think that's even debatable. There is a solid amount of guys I would rank in between Durant and Melo as well, who Durant is head and shoulders above too.

SportsFanatic10
09-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I mean maybe not stratosphere, but he is head and shoulders above Melo. I truly don't think that's even debatable. There is a solid amount of guys I would rank in between Durant and Melo as well, who Durant is head and shoulders above too.

yep, this whole thing started with a comment about how melo and rose would be durant and westbrook on steroids lol. then the comparisons between melo and durant started being made, but the funny thing is that out of those 4 players melo is the 3rd or 4th best instead of the best or 2nd best. sure hes a great scorer, but he just doesn't have a great all around game. durant is the 2nd best player in the league and melo shouldn't be compared to him.

mjm07
09-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Can you also give me the winning numbers for the Powerball? If so, PM me pls. I don't want anyone else to know. Thks.

KnickaBocka.44
09-06-2013, 03:21 PM

It's tough to say. I don't think Melo is right on KD's heels or anything, and obviously the gap will increase because KD is younger. But the fact that KD has benefitted from playing with another star is also undeniable. Melo hasn't had that luxury. I also don't think there are any more than 5 or 6 players I could put between them, but Melo is absolutely the next best SF.

yep, this whole thing started with a comment about how melo and rose would be durant and westbrook on steroids lol. then the comparisons between melo and durant started being made, but the funny thing is that out of those 4 players melo is the 3rd or 4th best instead of the best or 2nd best. sure hes a great scorer, but he just doesn't have a great all around game. durant is the 2nd best player in the league and melo shouldn't be compared to him.

I think the fact that 2 of them actually have the benefit of playing with one another plays a role in that perception too. Without KD, I'm not sure Westbrook would be quite as highly regarded.

flea
09-06-2013, 03:31 PM
There are a number of small forwards not named Durant and Lebron I'd take over Melo - and any competent GM would too.

chitownredbulls
09-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Pg- Rose
Sg- ?
Sf- Butler
Pf- Love
C- Noah

Okc Thunder- I see them keeping that same squad but if they fail again this year(which I hope they don't) They'll fired Scott Brooks

Why would they fire brooks? I don't get it...it's not his fault at all...**** happens...they shoulda stuck with harden but they didn't...no one knew he was gnna be this good right? It's the front office not brooks...brooks has been doing a great job coaching...