PDA

View Full Version : Former or current teammates that...

DreamShaker
09-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Played together at different phases of their career, who if both were in their primes, would have been awesome to see. Some I can think of are:

Shaq and KG
Shaq and Lebron
Jason Kidd and Amare
Charles Barkley and Moses Malone
Grant Hill and T-Mac

stawka
09-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Shaq/LeBron would have been insane.. My God!

Hakeem/Clyde would have been nice!

jerellh528
09-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Shaq and kobe woulda been sick in thier primes!

ManRam
09-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Shaq and kobe woulda been sick in thier primes!

That happened.

Shaq and LeBron would have been unbeatable. That's the best one anyone will come up with.

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2013, 02:00 AM
I always thought of the 2012 Mavs with Dirk, VC, Marion, and Kidd would be insane and perfect.
Same with the Celtics when they picked up an old Shaq

recycled thread tho

TheMightyHumph
09-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Played together at different phases of their career, who if both were in their primes, would have been awesome to see. Some I can think of are:

Shaq and KG
Shaq and Lebron
Jason Kidd and Amare
Charles Barkley and Moses Malone
Grant Hill and T-Mac

Barkley and Moses did play together

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2013, 02:09 AM
That happened.

Shaq and LeBron would have been unbeatable. That's the best one anyone will come up with.

Ha. Kobe was better at feeding Shaq then Lebron would have been. I can't even count how many times Kobe would draw 2-3 guys into the air and then rap it around to Shaq. Lebron is better at gunning it to shooters. Honestly not even close to the interior passer Kobe is.

now a Lebron and KG might be something to argue. I see chemistry there. Neither of these arguments work with the thread though.

ManRam
09-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Ha. Kobe was better at feeding Shaq then Lebron would have been. I can't even count how many times Kobe would draw 2-3 guys into the air and then rap it around to Shaq. Lebron is better at gunning it to shooters. Honestly not even close to the interior passer Kobe is.

now a Lebron and KG might be something to argue. I see chemistry there. Neither of these arguments work with the thread though.

when has lebron ever played with a great big?

you'll never convince me that kobe is a better passer than bron :laugh: that's just ludicrous. lebron with a dominant big man = GAME OVER LEAGUE

jerellh528
09-02-2013, 02:15 AM
That happened.

Lol wut. Kobe was not even in his prime when he played with shaq. He entered his prime 2 or 3 yrs later and was a much better player later on.

jerellh528
09-02-2013, 02:22 AM

you'll never convince me that kobe is a better passer than bron :laugh: that's just ludicrous. lebron with a dominant big man = GAME OVER LEAGUE

Haha this isn't nba2k. Lebrons doesn't posses the perimeter skills kobe does to have a big man like shaq. Lebrons game is better suited without a dominant 7 footer clogging the lane and Kobe is a muh better passer than lbj

dAngelo
09-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Tmac and Duncan

DreamShaker
09-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Barkley and Moses did play together

But not in Barkley's prime. Moses was old and Barkley was young. I was saying if their paths crossed at their respective peaks...woulda been cool.

I always thought of the 2012 Mavs with Dirk, VC, Marion, and Kidd would be insane and perfect.
Same with the Celtics when they picked up an old Shaq

recycled thread tho

Both of those would be sweet. And I honestly don't remember this thread being done. I kinda remember "if every team was in their prime" thread, but that was current teams two years ago. So cut me some slack, sir!

DreamShaker
09-02-2013, 03:42 AM
Tmac and Duncan

Good one! It was painful watching Yao and TMac take turns getting injured all those years, and a bummer Grant Hill got hurt. I know it was a big rumor all 3 of those guys were going to Orlando together. Then Hill got hurt, Ben Wallace got traded, Duncan stayed in SA, and T-Mac got saddled with guys like...well there is another thread up linking a great article about that. But if Duncan would have gone to Orlando...man. JB would probably have gone all the way and been McGrady'sMagic. Dynasty right there.

*Superman*
09-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Good one! It was painful watching Yao and TMac take turns getting injured all those years, and a bummer Grant Hill got hurt. I know it was a big rumor all 3 of those guys were going to Orlando together. Then Hill got hurt, Ben Wallace got traded, Duncan stayed in SA, and T-Mac got saddled with guys like...well there is another thread up linking a great article about that. But if Duncan would have gone to Orlando...man. JB would probably have gone all the way and been McGrady'sMagic. Dynasty right there.

:laugh2:

Now that you put it that way, I'm almost kind of glad it didn't happen. :p

But seriously. Grant Hill/T-Mac/Duncan....we would have been the Heatles of this NBA ****!

krrys11
09-02-2013, 04:17 AM
Gary Payton,
Kobe Bryant,
Karl Malone,
Shaq !

All in their prime ...

Also:
Nash with Shaq on pick & roll

Nash, Kobe, Ron Artest, Gasol and Dwight all without injuries in their prime.

Would also like to see the O'Neal and Rodman duo.

Barkley, Pippen and Olajuwon

PurpleLynch
09-02-2013, 04:37 AM
I agree with Kobe in his prime with Shaq in his prime. Couldn't happened since they have both some issues with the other,but this is the best suit for both(Kobe2006-2007 and Shaq1999-2000 would be insane).
Also,they were obviously fantastic,but since I'm a Laker fan after all,Magic in his prime with Kareem prime with the Bucks-->11 rings lol

stawka
09-02-2013, 04:47 AM
lol @ people claiming LeBron wouldn't coexist with Shaq

They didn't do too bad when Shaq was a damn dinosaur, now imagine THIS LeBron with a prime Shaq. LeBron's unselfishness and his passing ability would tear teams apart... Not to mention that big guy that was a pretty good player

dAngelo
09-02-2013, 04:52 AM
VC and Olajuwon

09-10 Magic would have been so much fun to watch if J-Will, VC and Dwight were all in their prime

Lakers + Giants
09-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Shaq and KG

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2013, 08:18 AM

I KNEW you would say that. You're being a classic anti Kobe, Lebron fan, spewing cliches. You close your eyes every time Kobe makes an great pass/play to Gasol? I didn't say kobes a better overall passer than bron, but he's way better at making passes to the big. No matter who that big is.

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Tmac and Duncan

Dude, snipe. Didn't even think of that

DreamShaker
09-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I KNEW you would say that. You're being a classic anti Kobe, Lebron fan, spewing cliches. You close your eyes every time Kobe makes an great pass/play to Gasol? I didn't say kobes a better overall passer than bron, but he's way better at making passes to the big. No matter who that big is.

Kobe made some spectacular passes to Gasol, Shaq, and Bynum. He also has much more experience passing to big guys. Lebron would have adjusted just as well or better if he would have came in on a team with a dominating big dude, I think. You think about it, and most everyone Lebron played with are jump shooters or strictly defenders/rebounders. We really haven't had a chance to see what he could do with a skilled big man who plays inside. But Kobe...his passing has been a scary weapon over the years.

D-Leethal
09-02-2013, 10:11 AM

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe was the better entry passer. Its a completely different pass than the drive and kick that is LeBron's bread and butter pass. It requires a different style of play as well which is slower and not as wide open as far as spacing goes. A style that is little more scripted and methodical and a little less wide open and free flowing. "Passing" doesn't have to be (and when its broken down, shouldn't be) a universal term, and there are different passes from different spots that require, and feed off different skills.

That said, I think they would find a way to co-exist and would still dominate, but I think that would mostly be from Shaq getting the ball and utilizing HIS passing skills while LeBron works the weakside cuts and also with Shaq operating in "The Bird Box" for dumpoff pass dunks off LeBron penetration.

A dynamic duo thats consists of one guy who wants to post and a guy who wants to drive is never going to be a prime fit. Shaq also is very limited in ways he can bend his game. He is dominant but its not like you could ask him to be a high usage pick and roll player or a kickout shooter. DWade and LeBron were never prime fits either though, and that doesn't seem to matter. Talent will win out when the talent consists of guys THAT good and LeBron and Shaq would trump the competition. I'm not ready to say they would have formed a better duo than Kobe/Shaq though.

TheMightyHumph
09-02-2013, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=DreamShaker;26981867]But not in Barkley's prime. Moses was old and Barkley was young. I was saying if their paths crossed at their respective peaks...woulda been cool.

Moses was 29 when Barkley was a rookie, and MM went on to play 11 more seasons.

Barkley came into the league as a beast.

The two didn't work well together

hugepatsfan
09-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Shaq

Payton
Kobe
whoever
Malone
Shaq

If we're limiting it to just 2 guys though it's easily Shaq/Lebron IMO.

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2013, 12:59 PM

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe was the better entry passer. Its a completely different pass than the drive and kick that is LeBron's bread and butter pass. It requires a different style of play as well which is slower and not as wide open as far as spacing goes. A style that is little more scripted and methodical and a little less wide open and free flowing. "Passing" doesn't have to be (and when its broken down, shouldn't be) a universal term, and there are different passes from different spots that require, and feed off different skills.

That said, I think they would find a way to co-exist and would still dominate, but I think that would mostly be from Shaq getting the ball and utilizing HIS passing skills while LeBron works the weakside cuts and also with Shaq operating in "The Bird Box" for dumpoff pass dunks off LeBron penetration.

A dynamic duo thats consists of one guy who wants to post and a guy who wants to drive is never going to be a prime fit. Shaq also is very limited in ways he can bend his game. He is dominant but its not like you could ask him to be a high usage pick and roll player or a kickout shooter. DWade and LeBron were never prime fits either though, and that doesn't seem to matter. Talent will win out when the talent consists of guys THAT good and LeBron and Shaq would trump the competition. I'm not ready to say they would have formed a better duo than Kobe/Shaq though.

Agree completely. They would obviously still be a force, but not trumping a kobe/shaq. Nice explain on passing as well

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-02-2013, 01:12 PM
A few that haven't been said...

Pierce/Payton
MJ/Parish
Bird/Walton
Grant Hill/Chris Paul
Grant Hill/Steve Nash
(The Grant Hill possibilities are endless)

But yeah, LeBron/Shaq would obviously be the best.

EDIT:

Just thought of two more

Barkley/Dr. J
Barkley/Hakeem

Kuya_Clive
09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Nash and shaq both in their prime would have been incredible
Lebron and shaq would've been unstoppable
McGrath and Duncan would've won a ship for sure too
Payton and Kobe would've been better than Nash and Kobe IMO

RiceOnTheRun
09-02-2013, 03:01 PM
While maybe not as top heavy, the 2012-13 Heat would have some ridiculous depth.

Bron
Wade
Bosh
Ray
Lewis
Birdman
Miller
Howard
Battier
Haslem

4 perennial all-stars and 6 top-tier role players. Not too shabby. A little less superstar-power compared to some of the other teams but depth wise, if they were all in their primes that would be ridiculous. A healthy Wade alone already elevates this team to a whole nother level, but if he had the 00's version of Ray along with him, oh man.

OceanSpray
09-02-2013, 03:14 PM
It's funny reading how these Kobe riders are trying to prove Kobe+Shaq>LeBron+Shaq. It's not even a debate.. Kobe+Shaq, yes, Kobe was practically in his prime. The years after was the result of Kobe having more opportunity and that's why it seemed like he had more of an impact. You're telling me two of the most gifted athletes in James/Shaq wouldn't be the best? That's ignorance. Heck, Nash+Shaq might even be better than Kobe+Shaq.

RiceOnTheRun
09-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Also, it's interesting that nobody has mentioned the Nets yet.

KG
Pierce
D-Will
Lopez
JJ
JET
AK-47
Blatche

KG alone in his prime was good enough to carry an otherwise mediocre Minnesota team to the upper echelon of the West in the regular season. Throw in a consistent top-3 PG and a prime Pierce and that would've been a force to reckon with. Not to mention Lopez who still has room to grow before he hits his ceiling. Then you have the depth with the rest of the role players and that's actually a pretty fearsome team.

Silent
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Payton Bryant Malone

OceanSpray
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Also, it's interesting that nobody has mentioned the Nets yet.

KG
Pierce
D-Will
Lopez
JJ
JET
AK-47
Blatche

KG alone in his prime was good enough to carry an otherwise mediocre Minnesota team to the upper echelon of the West in the regular season. Throw in a consistent top-3 PG and a prime Pierce and that would've been a force to reckon with. Not to mention Lopez who still has room to grow before he hits his ceiling. Then you have the depth with the rest of the role players and that's actually a pretty fearsome team.

Because the question isn't about which team in their prime, it's about two players who have played together in their prime. Like Shaq, he wasn't in his prime when he was playing with LeBron but what if prime Shaq had played with prime LeBron? Anyways, Shaq has to be the automatic answer every time. Maybe Shaq and Karl Malone for food of thought.

kdspurman
09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
That happened.

How about Duncan & that man in your sig?

SLY WILLIAMS
09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Larry Bird and Pistol Pete.

They would not have been the best but it would have been fun to watch.

kdspurman
09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Duncan & Mcdyess
I think it was brought up already but Barkley & Hakeem
Payton & Ewing
McGrady & Ewing
Pippen & Z-Bo/Sheed

OceanSpray
09-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Duncan & Mcdyess
I think it was brought up already but Barkley & Hakeem
Payton & Ewing
McGrady & Ewing
Pippen & Z-Bo/Sheed

wait.. did you really say antonio mcdyess and duncan?

mike_noodles
09-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Olajuwan, Drexler and Barkley would have been a force, pick Olajuwan and one of the others, and I have two homer picks;

Olajuwan and Carter.

Carter, Bosh, Rose and Strickland. If I pick only two it's Bosh and Carter.

mike_noodles
09-02-2013, 04:02 PM

Antonio McDyess, you're so good, you're so nice, Antonio McDyess.

J4KOP99
09-02-2013, 04:19 PM
A prime, healthy bill Walton with the celtics

MrfadeawayJB
09-02-2013, 05:24 PM
The entire lakers last year and nets this year

bholly
09-02-2013, 05:45 PM
There are some recent Sixers teams that would've been a lot more fun with players in their primes. No all-time great pairings or anything, but a lot better than we had.

Iverson/Jrue/Iggy/Brand would've been fun, especially with Thad and Lou and pre-rigor-mortis version of Jason Kapono in support. They still would've had Sammy D, but I could deal with that.

Same goes for Miller/Iverson/Iggy/Webber with Korver and Lou and the GSW version of Joe Smith.

kdspurman
09-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Yes, I think a prime Mcdyess with Duncan would've been awesome to see. (which was what the OP asked)

ThuglifeJ
09-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Olajuwan, Drexler and Barkley would have been a force, pick Olajuwan and one of the others, and I have two homer picks;

Olajuwan and Carter.

Carter, Bosh, Rose and Strickland. If I pick only two it's Bosh and Carter.

Carter and bosh over carter and olojuwan or Tmac?

Also didn't Tmac and hill play with Shawn Kemp one year?

Dade County
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Prime Wade & a prime Shaq could not be beaten.

The only duo that comes close is prime Shaq & Lbj.

Others:

Wade & Alonzo
Malone, Payton, Kobe, Shaq
Payton, Wade, Shaq, Alonzo
Barkley, Pippen, Olajuwon
T Mac & Duncan...etc

WadeKobe
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Marion
kidd
dirk
chandler

holy ****

SportsFanatic10
09-02-2013, 07:08 PM
prime lebron/shaq and prime wade/shaq would both be better than kobe and shaq were.

TheMightyHumph
09-02-2013, 08:08 PM

Others:

Wade & Alonzo
Timmy & Duncan...etc

One distict heard from.

Bishnoff
09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Jordan, George Gervin, Orlando Woolridge, and Charles Oakley.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Did anyone mentioned Lew Alcindor and Oscar Robertson?

mike_noodles
09-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Carter and bosh over carter and olojuwan or Tmac?

Carter and Olajuwan was my first pick, TMac didn't play with Olajuwan on the Raps.

DetroitBadBoy
09-02-2013, 11:33 PM
A few Piston examples:

Iverson and Rasheed
McGrady and Ben Wallace

Grant Hill and Jerry Stackhouse were sweet but I'd call those years their primes.

McGrady/Duncan and LeBron/Shaq > all others though.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2013, 12:13 AM
How about the 2003-04 Lakers?
PG - Gary Payton
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Byron Russell or Rick Fox
PF - Karl Malone
C - Shaquille O'Neal
6th Man - Horace Grant

TrueFan420
09-03-2013, 03:05 AM
AI and cweb would have been an interesting one

Bostonjorge
09-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Kobe and KG best combo both have shown true passion for the game. There teams would of been no nosence just hard work.

Shaq and kobe would be the best if shaq could stay motivated. Could of won 6 in a row in shaq's weight was down and had Kobe's drive.

Prime wade with shaq lost in the first round to Heinrich. Heinrich took it to the finals MVP wade and defending champs in 4 games. a clean sweep. So shaq needs more then prime wade.

LBJ6
09-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Haha this isn't nba2k. Lebrons doesn't posses the perimeter skills kobe does to have a big man like shaq. Lebrons game is better suited without a dominant 7 footer clogging the lane and Kobe is a muh better passer than lbj:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SportsFanatic10
09-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Kobe and KG best combo both have shown true passion for the game. There teams would of been no nosence just hard work.

Shaq and kobe would be the best if shaq could stay motivated. Could of won 6 in a row in shaq's weight was down and had Kobe's drive.

Prime wade with shaq lost in the first round to Heinrich. Heinrich took it to the finals MVP wade and defending champs in 4 games. a clean sweep. So shaq needs more then prime wade.

kobe and kg never played together at any point in their careers so they don't qualify in this thread. and you mean injured wade and past his prime shaq lost to the bulls in the first round. haha nice try though.

Goose17
09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Has anyone said Parker and T-Mac? Lol.

RiceOnTheRun
09-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Because the question isn't about which team in their prime, it's about two players who have played together in their prime. Like Shaq, he wasn't in his prime when he was playing with LeBron but what if prime Shaq had played with prime LeBron? Anyways, Shaq has to be the automatic answer every time. Maybe Shaq and Karl Malone for food of thought.

Oh, ok I misunderstood because I interpreted 'teammates' as a whole team. Makes a whole lot more sense now.

Trueblue2
09-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Kobe/rodman/shaq
Payton/wade/shaq

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2013, 11:40 PM

There were examples of two players, but it was never explicitly stated that it could only be two players.

PurpleLynch
09-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Did anyone mentioned Lew Alcindor and Oscar Robertson?

Ahha I did the same thing,but I thought about a Lew Alcindor+Magic Johnson in their prime.

PurpleLynch
09-04-2013, 07:13 AM

Others:

Wade & Alonzo
T Mac & Duncan...etc

Malone,Payton,Kobe and Shaq in they're prime are insane.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Ahha I did the same thing,but I thought about a Lew Alcindor+Magic Johnson in their prime.

I think he was Kareem by that time but I considered that duo as well. Kareem was still pretty good but not at his prime.

D-Leethal
09-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Westbrook - Harden - Durant - Green - Ibaka

Damn shame.

jkcronyn
09-04-2013, 01:33 PM
why isn't anyone talking Shaq, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo?

RCarlson85
09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
As a Heat fan I would love to see prime Wade and prime Zo play together. Basically just put Wade on the Heat in the mid to late '90s and call it good.

PurpleLynch
09-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I think he was Kareem by that time but I considered that duo as well. Kareem was still pretty good but not at his prime.

I know it,but the "rules" of the thread say that we can pair them in their prime. I was wondering about prime Kareem+prime Magic,even if they didn't play together.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I know it,but the "rules" of the thread say that we can pair them in their prime. I was wondering about prime Kareem+prime Magic,even if they didn't play together.

I understand. Actually Kareem, Magic, Jamal Wilkes, and Norm Nixon in their primes together would have been great. 4 all stars.

ThuglifeJ
09-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Westbrook - Harden - Durant - Green - Ibaka

Damn shame.

Weak

Bostonjorge
09-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Shaq, kobe, Glenn rice, rodman

Or

Shaq, kobe, Mitch Richmond,

Or

Shaq, kobe, Malone, Payton

Or

Shaq and kobe

Pick one

OceanSpray
09-05-2013, 02:53 AM
There were examples of two players, but it was never explicitly stated that it could only be two players.

Reading is key. He said "both". The definition of both is.. Thank you, have a nice day.