PDA

View Full Version : Suns to cut Michael Beas(t)ly

4milesperday
08-29-2013, 02:25 PM
The Suns gain $5.65 million of cap space for any potential in-season trades but also save that money to make an expected costly waiver of Michael Beasley more palatable. Beasley would be owed $9 million of guaranteed salary.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/paulcoro/2013/08/28/suns-agree-to-trade-butler-to-bucks-for-smith-kravtsov/

Pretty sad what drugs can do to you and your career.

canefandynasty
08-29-2013, 02:54 PM
What they said about him being the next Derrick Coleman is actually true.

OceanSpray
08-29-2013, 02:59 PM
He needs to get cut too. Doesn't seem like he cares. Make money, spend money on drugs.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2013, 03:07 PM
huge waste of talent.

Slug3
08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
This guy had so much talent and was so very happy at just being average at best.

beasted86
08-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Considering the draft he came from, I think he is starting to become worthy of top 10 busts of all-time discussion. Westbrook, Love, Lopez, Hibbert, Gordon, Gallinari, Mayo, Batum, McGee, etc, etc... There was just so many quality players drafted after him.

slaker619
08-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Hope he comes back to #Miami for cheap & cleans up his act!

beasted86
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM

I don't want that sleepy-eyed no defense bum anywhere near this team. Crazy as it sounds I'd rather have an old near-retirement Rashard Lewis who would fit his same role than Beasley because he is a professional and you know he will stay ready to contribute. You cannot count on Beasley for anything.

Teeboy1487
08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I really thought this guy was going to be a star in the league.

JoeBlessU
08-29-2013, 03:39 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/paulcoro/2013/08/28/suns-agree-to-trade-butler-to-bucks-for-smith-kravtsov/

There are plenty of athletes (and succesful people) who can smoke pot and not be a nuisance to society. It has more to do with b easy himself than pot.

OceanSpray
08-29-2013, 03:39 PM
I thought he was going to turn it around after Miami got rid of him because of more opportunities. He did for one year and then kept going the wrong way.. He could've been a top 20 player and certainly at scoring. Him and D-Rose were neck and neck at one point.

Tony_Starks
08-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Id still take him for buckets off the bench. I'm not going to crucify the kid because he gets blazed. He's just stupid enough to keep getting caught.....

OceanSpray
08-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Id still take him for buckets off the bench. I'm not going to crucify the kid because he gets blazed. He's just stupid enough to keep getting caught.....

It's about his potential, though. He could get caught doing drugs all he wants but the potential in Beasley was that he could be a star player one day. Clearly that's not the case anymore.

29$JerZ
08-29-2013, 03:50 PM
He had 2 new chances to change himself.
Unless someone is desperate for a shot in the dark his career is pretty much over.
Waste of talent/opportunity.

PhillyFaninLA
08-29-2013, 03:53 PM

Right Chris Carter

Minimal
08-29-2013, 03:53 PM
No way, no one is waiting for him in here. He had his chance with Miami.

PhillyFaninLA
08-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Dade County
08-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Come back to the HEAT!!!

Cole, beasley, ray ray coming off the bench, hot damn.

Goose17
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
A massive chunk of NBA players and athletes in general smoke weed. It's not going to effect you on the court unless you're actually high when you're playing.

Beasley is just a lazy bum.

DreamShaker
08-29-2013, 04:55 PM
I really thought this guy was going to be a star in the league.

Me too. His only college season was one of the best ever by a freshman since the 90's. He dominated.

DreamShaker
08-29-2013, 05:01 PM
A massive chunk of NBA players and athletes in general smoke weed. It's not going to effect you on the court unless you're actually high when you're playing.

Beasley is just a lazy bum.

If you are talking about the offseason, I sorta agree. But during training and the season, even if it's not game day, it's not smart as an NBA player. Too many ways of getting in trouble/fined/looked at in a certain way.

Fresno
08-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Beasley doesn't know what he is as a player.

I think his career/life can be re-started on the right team where he knows what he can do and what he can't do.

First step is figuring out whether he is a Small Forward or Power Forward. He's never worked on his ballhandling to improve on the perimeter and he has never bulked up to play in the post like he did at K-State.

Fresno
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Me too. His only college season was one of the best ever by a freshman since the 90's. He dominated.

Beasley was a man amongst boys in college.

For some reason he lost the muscle mass he put on to play Power Forward and even Center at K-State to being a tall, slim shooter from 15 feet out.

Chronz
08-29-2013, 05:23 PM
huge waste of talent.

Yup. I hate when guys like Mac and VC get this label when its these kind of players that are spitting at us fans.

D-Leethal
08-29-2013, 05:46 PM
When theres a guy with certain characteristics that goes on to be a top player in this league, it seems for a certain period everyone is so locked in on "finding the next...."

When Bargs went #1, I think a lot of GMs were looking for "the next Dirk" (directly after Dirks first finals run). Similarly but to a lesser extent (wasn't as fresh in their minds but they probably drew the parallels), I think GMs looked at Beasley and saw "the next Melo".

It is pretty amazing how much of a difference loving the game of basketball and having the drive to succeed can do for some dudes. When your a young prospect, I really think its a pretty thin line between going on to become a Beasley and going on to become a Melo.

Kashmir13579
08-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Yup. I hate when guys like Mac and VC get this label when its these kind of players that are spitting at us fans.

Marbury?

Stunner
08-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Go to OKC with his homie KD and be their 6th man

rjkgr
08-29-2013, 06:03 PM
he will be a laker! yay

Kashmir13579
08-29-2013, 06:07 PM
If you are talking about the offseason, I sorta agree. But during training and the season, even if it's not game day, it's not smart as an NBA player. Too many ways of getting in trouble/fined/looked at in a certain way.

He's talking about what it does to you on the court.

IndyRealist
08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
If your 7 figure job requires that you not smoke pot, and you know they are going to test you, then DON'T SMOKE POT, or don't accept the job. It really is that simple.

GiantsSwaGG
08-29-2013, 06:17 PM
I called him a bust once the Heat drafted him. He's a weed head so I doubt anyone would sign this idiot

DreamShaker
08-29-2013, 06:20 PM
When theres a guy with certain characteristics that goes on to be a top player in this league, it seems for a certain period everyone is so locked in on "finding the next...."

When Bargs went #1, I think a lot of GMs were looking for "the next Dirk" (directly after Dirks first finals run). Similarly but to a lesser extent (wasn't as fresh in their minds but they probably drew the parallels), I think GMs looked at Beasley and saw "the next Melo".

It is pretty amazing how much of a difference loving the game of basketball and having the drive to succeed can do for some dudes. When your a young prospect, I really think its a pretty thin line between going on to become a Beasley and going on to become a Melo.

Good post. It's like people have differing amounts of tools to cultivate their games. Their sucess level depends on a combination of drive, hard work, team fit, health, and character. Beasley has/had all the tools, but thus far has failed to use them to the utmost.

Kashmir13579
08-29-2013, 06:32 PM
If your 7 figure job requires that you not smoke pot, and you know they are going to test you, then DON'T SMOKE POT, or don't accept the job. It really is that simple.

Does it really require that you not smoke pot? Seems arbitrary.
I mean, most jobs "require" that you not do illegal drugs. That doesn't stop the rest of us.

shep33
08-29-2013, 06:34 PM
He's been on some really young teams. Miami, Minny and Phoenix.

Interesting to see if a team with vets would give him a shot.

Lakers, Spurs, etc.

D-Leethal
08-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Good post. It's like people have differing amounts of tools to cultivate their games. Their sucess level depends on a combination of drive, hard work, team fit, health, and character. Beasley has/had all the tools, but thus far has failed to use them to the utmost.

Yea I mean, everyone in this league has the talent, they all have the foundation, its the other things that separate the men from the boys and allow you to build that foundation into a beautiful piece of architecture. And everyone is so damned good in this league, if you don't figure that out early in your career you are gonna go the Beasley/Eddy Curry route and get left in the dust.

D-Leethal
08-29-2013, 06:49 PM
If you have ever read Bill Simmons the "Book of Basketball", he starts it off with a conversation he and Isiah Thomas (ironic as hell) had back in the day. Isiah always had this "secret" about the game of basketball and never really publicly said what it was, Simmons pressed him for it and Isiah gave it to him.

"The secret about basketball, is that its not about basketball".

It really comes down to everything else. Thats what separates Bargs from Dirk, Beasley from Melo. The basketball part is there for all of them. And at a young age when your growing into your prime, its an extremely fine line between the two.

Hawkeye15
08-29-2013, 07:13 PM

right on dude

5ass
08-29-2013, 07:31 PM
I wonder if any team signs him. I like him for the Thunder.

beasted86
08-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I wonder if any team signs him. I like him for the Thunder.

I don't see any contender picking him up. He doesn't have the work ethic.

If he had a good head on his shoulders he could drop right in as Jeff Green did with the Thunder, but he doesn't have the drive or IQ to succeed in this league.

D-Leethal
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM

If he had a good head on his shoulders he could drop right in as Jeff Green did with the Thunder, but he doesn't have the drive or IQ to succeed in this league.

I think he is gonna go the Eddy Curry route. I see one more team, probably an established playoff team (maybe a Memphis?) giving him one more shot at the minimum like the Heat did with Eddy. When that also doesn't work out, he is probably a goner. I say Memphis because they seem to do this a lot with players - Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson and they took a hard look at Delonte West this offseason.

IndyRealist
08-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Does it really require that you not smoke pot? Seems arbitrary.
I mean, most jobs "require" that you not do illegal drugs. That doesn't stop the rest of us.

I used pot as the example because of Beasley. And yes, if you know your job is going to drug test you and you do it anyway, you're not long for that career.

kobe4thewinbang
08-29-2013, 08:57 PM
I wish I could be a thuggish moron and still make millions...

That being said, I thought he would turn himself around. He was actually part of my championship Celtics team. Did more on the game than he likely ever will in real life.

MrfadeawayJB
08-29-2013, 09:06 PM

I think he is gonna go the Eddy Curry route. I see one more team, probably an established playoff team (maybe a Memphis?) giving him one more shot at the minimum like the Heat did with Eddy. When that also doesn't work out, he is probably a goner. I say Memphis because they seem to do this a lot with players - Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson and they took a hard look at Delonte West this offseason.

Hmm, interesting. Skill wise, Beasley is ahead of prince, but the guys a blockhead. Iverson was a failure, arenas was ok for the season he was here. ZBO didn't have the best reputation coming to Memphis and he transformed into a team leader. The main difference is that these guys were all older and matured way more than Beasley has.

I guess I would take him on the grizz for the minimum.

It would be low risk and the hard nosed guys around him might get through to him. He also helps a sf weakness grizz have. If not cut him

ldawg
08-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Would be very Stupid for a Young club to sign Him he is bad influence. IMO mature clubs like Lakers and Nets would suit him best. Because of Lakers system to go along with established vets it seem like a match made in heaven. I can see him becoming a good player in LA they are trying to focus on winning and that may put his idle mind on other things.

D-Leethal
08-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Hmm, interesting. Skill wise, Beasley is ahead of prince, but the guys a blockhead. Iverson was a failure, arenas was ok for the season he was here. ZBO didn't have the best reputation coming to Memphis and he transformed into a team leader. The main difference is that these guys were all older and matured way more than Beasley has.

I guess I would take him on the grizz for the minimum.

It would be low risk and the hard nosed guys around him might get through to him. He also helps a sf weakness grizz have. If not cut him

It seems they like to go for the occasional controversial low risk high reward move for dirt cheap when the circumstances present themselves. This fits the bill, and the Grizz could probably use another scoring punch. I personally think Beasley blows but there could be a team he could score buckets in limited minutes for.

beasted86
08-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Beasley is a block head, plain and simple.

My previous comments are that as a fan, but if I'm a GM for a smaller market team like Memphis or OKC that cannot afford to spend huge dollars, I definitely see value in Beasley.

But as a fan, I don't see him helping any contender. Aside from this, I don't see the Suns just cutting him either.

BULLSFAN0810
08-29-2013, 10:11 PM
bULLS PICK HIM UP. he will be on the cheap and playing for his basketball life..But they wont..they will clamor over Deng and play Boozer over Taj...Happy 3 peat MIAMI...Rose is better than James

hugepatsfan
08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
bULLS PICK HIM UP. he will be on the cheap and playing for his basketball life..But they wont..they will clamor over Deng and play Boozer over Taj...Happy 3 peat MIAMI...Rose is better than James

Maybe after you manually change the player attributes on 2k but not in real life.

Blink
08-29-2013, 10:16 PM

Lol

ThuglifeJ
08-29-2013, 10:37 PM
huge waste of talent.

No one actually thinks they are. They just are upset they didn't win anything. You can't be 2 of the most dynamic scorers in history of the game by wasting talent. It takes lots of dedication to develop into what they were.

Beasley...sad. I always told ppl he was gonna be a superstar. So much potential.

BULLSFAN0810
08-29-2013, 11:38 PM
maybe after you manually change the player attributes on 2k but not in real life.

hey...you better check my background... I said it ! And like all my other predictions,watch them happen. This will be the year rose will actually put himself directly in the spotlight as the best.

TrueFan420
08-30-2013, 01:04 AM
hey...you better check my background... I said it ! And like all my other predictions,watch them happen. This will be the year rose will actually put himself directly in the spotlight as the best.

Hahah your tripping dude.

arlubas
08-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Dumbass for throwing his career out the window like that. As for the weed convo, others had been smoking for years and they didn't allow it to mess with their career. C-Webb was a top of the line PF for over a decade and it was well known that he enjoyed blazing it up on the regular.

People shouldn't forget however just how great of a prospect B-Easy during his younger days. It's easy to overlook his achievements now but that season he had at K-State... Damn, he was arguably the top player of the nation that year (Rose had the more upside but Beasley's production was unmatched). It's a shame that he never really took his career seriously at any point of his professional path. I was hoping after the press conference he had with the Suns after he got acquired that he would turn things around but that wasn't meant to be.

Badluck33
08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Bulls should have drafted Beasley over Rose.

likemystylez
08-30-2013, 10:18 AM

I think rose is going to sit out another 8-10 yrs to make sure his knee is feeling alright. the guy has no heart. Milks injuries and watches his team get slaughtered in the playoffs. It aint like he was being asked to come back early- in fact he was given an extra 4 months after the doctors cleared him.

likemystylez
08-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Bulls should have drafted Beasley over Rose.

neither of them care about helping the team.

Vampirate
08-30-2013, 10:59 AM
I guess Beasly doesn't care but he lost millions of millions of dollars because of his attitude.

colinskik
08-30-2013, 11:18 AM

The real issue is the way pot is enforced in this country. His downward spiral cannot be attributed to the affects weed has on the body, but more so to the legal trouble you incur when getting busted with a plant.

bstnfn34
08-30-2013, 11:22 AM
ive always liked his game and always wanted him in green, when Miami was trying to dump him a few years back to put the 3 friends together (big 3 belongs to the Celtics sorry) I was hoping danny would jump on him, great talent too bad his off court issues are so bad, still wouldn't mind the C's checking him out wouldn't hurt to much since were in rebuild mode anyways :sigh:

monty77
08-30-2013, 12:14 PM
This is a clear example of wasted talent. Too bad! He even became matched with Derrick Rose as possible number 1 pick that Draft. Unfortunately, his problems out the floor are bigger than his abilities on the floor.

Looking at his stats we can see that he is a profitable player in the NBA because he is always over 10 points per year. He almost averaged 20 points 3 seasons ago but till then, his rates has decreased alarmingly.

Maybe if he played in a contender team with veteran players who lead him, he could do his best, but after being cut by Suns it seems that he has already bottomed out. I don't think that a team like that take so many risks signing a player such as Beasly is: lazy, controversial and unfocused.

I personally would be happy if Bulls signed him as he could be a great piece in this team. Playing as SF and PF, being Boozer's and Deng's backup he would dispose for 20-25 minutes at least. Bulls have a lack of ofensive talent which Beasley could fill easily.

However, it's possible that signing Beasley the Bulls worsen the locker room, such as Tyrus Thomas would do. This is the reason why they won't sign none of them. He will sign with a ordinary team a ordinary contract because he has showed everybody that he is a vulgar professional.

lakersiznumber1
08-30-2013, 12:32 PM

the best place for him is lakers nets and spurs. He needs a team with vets to get him back on track.

beasted86
08-30-2013, 01:20 PM
The Lakers have nothing to lose and could use a Jamison replacement, but I don't think he has the discipline... he will drive Kobe crazy. But he's way better than Ebanks and some of the other bums.

Goose17
08-30-2013, 01:26 PM
I think rose is going to sit out another 8-10 yrs to make sure his knee is feeling alright. the guy has no heart. Milks injuries and watches his team get slaughtered in the playoffs. It aint like he was being asked to come back early- in fact he was given an extra 4 months after the doctors cleared him.

What's your obsession about players milking injuries? You have no way of knowing what's really going on, your opinion is based entirely on B.S the media have written about, which makes your judgement cloudy at best.

FYI. Rose wanted to come back in the playoffs, Bulls FO talked him out of it. Facts are fun, right?

JoeBlessU
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
What's your obsession about players milking injuries? You have no way of knowing what's really going on, your opinion is based entirely on B.S the media have written about, which makes your judgement cloudy at best.

FYI. Rose wanted to come back in the playoffs, Bulls FO talked him out of it. Facts are fun, right?

Im not defending the guy ripping D rose or D rose himself, cuz i do think he milked it a little. But I never saw anything about rose wanting to come back and the FO talking him out of it, it kinda sounds like your basing that information off of media reports as well. You also have no way of knowing thats what actually happened. Its hard to believe the bulls would keep their MVP on the bench if rose and doctors said hes good to go. Thats preposterous.

EL_MACHETE
08-30-2013, 01:46 PM
If he changes and start maturing, I would love to see him in Okc or in Chicago

Goose17
08-30-2013, 02:25 PM
it kinda sounds like your basing that information off of media reports as well. You also have no way of knowing thats what actually happened.

That's exactly my point, what makes one source more reliable than the other? People read this stuff and just assume it's true/fact. The only person that knows what you're capable of is you. Not a doctor, not a coach, nobody but you.

And since you find it so hard to believe, here it is;

“An NBA player’s body, if he does anything to hurt his own body he’s wrecking his own career. You let them listen to their bodies. The second thing is, I’ve talked to Chicago Bulls management, I know all those guys…and you know what? They’re fine. They didn’t want him to go back. As a matter of fact, they wanted to announce he wasn’t coming back, but Derrick didn’t want to do it because he thought if there is any chance for me to come back…"

It was from John Calipari so he's bound to say something like that right? But is there any way you can prove him wrong? Or any way I can prove him right?

People don't know what's really going on, so to judge is just sad.

Anyone who thinks Rose lacks heart is a moron. Tell me, what have you done with your life? He's been through hell and continued moving forward and fighting through it, most people will never go through what he has been through.

Haters hate.

JoeBlessU
08-30-2013, 02:40 PM
That's exactly my point, what makes one source more reliable than the other? People read this stuff and just assume it's true/fact. The only person that knows what you're capable of is you. Not a doctor, not a coach, nobody but you.

“An NBA player’s body, if he does anything to hurt his own body he’s wrecking his own career. You let them listen to their bodies. The second thing is, I’ve talked to Chicago Bulls management, I know all those guys…and you know what? They’re fine. They didn’t want him to go back. As a matter of fact, they wanted to announce he wasn’t coming back, but Derrick didn’t want to do it because he thought if there is any chance for me to come back…"

It was from John Calipari so he's bound to say something like that right? But is there any way you can prove him wrong? Or any way I can prove him right?

Anyone who thinks Rose lacks heart is a moron. Tell me, what have you done with your life? He's been through hell and continued moving forward and fighting through it, most people will never go through what he has been through.

Haters hate.

Really dude. Cry me a river. I wasnt trying to rip anyone but now id like to rip you for that comment, as if D rose is the only person in the world to overcome adversity in their life? Oh i feel so bad for him making 16.4 million dollars a year now. Most people who do face hardship early in their lives and overcome it, dont go on to make 16.4 million a year.
And how much did he really overcome?..He had to have someone cheat for him to get into college and pass an SAT. Sounds like he took a short cut here and there. I dont care if he sat out a year or his entire career or cheated to gain college eligiblity, dont give me some sad sob story about an athlete, i might puke.

king4day
08-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Considering the draft he came from, I think he is starting to become worthy of top 10 busts of all-time discussion. Westbrook, Love, Lopez, Hibbert, Gordon, Gallinari, Mayo, Batum, McGee, etc, etc... There was just so many quality players drafted after him.

Couldn't agree more. Incredible how much talent was in that draft.

king4day
08-30-2013, 03:07 PM
the best place for him is lakers nets and spurs. He needs a team with vets to get him back on track.

I'd be surprised if he gets picked up by anyone. I guess some teams could use the body but he really doesn't help teams. He is just a flat out bad NBA ball player. Poor IQ.
I see him going overseas to become a superstar over there.

colinskik
08-30-2013, 03:13 PM

Haters hate.

You're joking here, right? What "hell" has he been through?

Rough childhood? Millions of people suffer from this way of life.

Controversy in college? He's not smart enough to take the SATs and get a score to get into Memphis?? That's the exact opposite of going through hell.

Busted up his knee? I just tore my ACL. I guess you'd say I deserve undue respect as well?

king4day
08-30-2013, 03:14 PM
“Trading Caron Butler has nothing to do with the Beasley situation,” McDonough said. “We thought this was a good deal for basketball reasons. I’d imagine over the next week or so we would have resolution (regarding Beasley).”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130829phoenix-suns-trade-caron-butler-milwaukee-bucks-ish-smith-slava-kravtsov.html

I'd imagine after the Holiday, we'll hear that he's gone.

JoeBlessU
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM

Controversy in college? He's not smart enough to take the SATs and get a score to get into Memphis?? That's the exact opposite of going through hell.

Busted up his knee? I just tore my ACL. I guess you'd say I deserve undue respect as well?

LOL Spot On..

Dade County
08-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Once again, the best team for him is the HEAT.

Pat, UD, Zo & Wade can be there for him (they should have tried to keep him, when they was forming the big 3; he would be perceived differently right now).

He might of offset what Lbj was doing in the Finals against Dallas, you never know lol

beasted86
08-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Once again, the best team for him is the HEAT.

Pat, UD, Zo & Wade can be there for him (they should have tried to keep him, when they was forming the big 3; he would be perceived differently right now).

He might of offset what Lbj was doing in the Finals against Dallas, you never know lol

What are you talking about? Beasley faded in the playoffs.

KingstonHawke
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I called him a bust once the Heat drafted him. He's a weed head so I doubt anyone would sign this idiot

Um... the Lakers should jump all over him. Tell him to switch from indicas to sativas, get a medical card, and he'll be fine.

Dade County
08-31-2013, 12:06 AM
What are you talking about? Beasley faded in the playoffs.

I posted lol...

And I think beasley would be great for the HEAT coming off the bench and having a clear cut role.

Dade County
08-31-2013, 12:06 AM
double post

Goose17
08-31-2013, 04:22 AM
Really dude. Cry me a river. I wasnt trying to rip anyone but now id like to rip you for that comment, as if D rose is the only person in the world to overcome adversity in their life? Oh i feel so bad for him making 16.4 million dollars a year now. Most people who do face hardship early in their lives and overcome it, dont go on to make 16.4 million a year.
And how much did he really overcome?..He had to have someone cheat for him to get into college and pass an SAT. Sounds like he took a short cut here and there. I dont care if he sat out a year or his entire career or cheated to gain college eligiblity, dont give me some sad sob story about an athlete, i might puke.

You rip on him but I ask you the same question again. What have you done with your life? You're sitting judging successful athletes on the Internet? Well done, great achievement. Seriously, what do you do? Do you consider yourself successful? In love? In your career? In anything? I'm genuinely asking, maybe you are successful in something I don't know. But only people that are truly successful understand the sacrifices involved in becoming successful, so if you are successful in something I don't understand why you can't comprehend the sacrifice made. Extrapolate that and look at it on the scale of a professional athlete. What they have to sacrifice to be that good, I doubt anyone on here could do that. Because if they could, they wouldn't be on here judging the success and heart of others.

You're right, people go through adversity every day and I don't see you judging their heart or criticising how good they are at what they do, so what's the difference?

Oh and although sanctions were made, there was never any definitive evidence found of him cheating. Like I said, taken everything the media says as fact... again.

No, you don't deserve any respect from me because you haven't earned any. What do you do with your life? Are you successful? Again, maybe you are. I don't know, that's why I ask.

And I reiterate, you're right. Many people endure pain in their life, I'm talking about real pain here. But I don't see you judging their heart, so why judge Rose?

And I'm sorry to hear about your ACL. But should you really be on here talking about it or out there doing something about it? I know what Rose would do. You can't seriously be judging his heart right now. You're probably looking to get back to being healthy right? Rose was trying to get back to being a top tier NBA level athlete. Surely you can imagine the sacrifice and heart needed to do that. Especially given your situation.

Hard work isn't just words.

sunsfan88
08-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Beasley is gonna take a pay cut and play for the Nuggets.

gaughan333
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Beasley is gonna take a pay cut and play for the Nuggets.

And then quit when he realizes the they are not the type of nugs he was thinking of

ThuglifeJ
08-31-2013, 02:22 PM
@Clippersfan smh.. I'm not even gonna respond to your whole post because you are getting way too sensitive and dramatic. I think Im above everyone else? This is a BASKETBALL FORUM. Where you go to talk about basketball topic with other basketball fans. Over a COMPUTER. Were not here to make friends. We dont know eachother in real life. Come on man you just look like you're reaching saying **** like that "I think im too good for everyone else".

I never said you need to stay oppressed as a Clippers fan, but you need to be willing to take shots if you are going to come out and talk big about your team non stop because fact is your team has been one of the leagues biggest jokes, a big factor being you are connected to the Lakers..who are #1 or #2 franchise in the league. Just to polarize things.

You also hype the crap out of every little thing the Clippers do, I mean just slow down man we all know the Clippers are doing better things right now and have a good roster the past few years. But it's the first time in a LONG time so it's gonna take some more time before you guys start getting real respect that you desperately want apparently. Give me the Clippers current success for another 5+ years before we start talking.

also Griffin needs a lot of work before you guys start crowning him a 'superstar' title. He can start by jumping over a car in a dunk contest, and not the hood with a choir. But really, his game lacks a lot of substance, it's a lot of random twirling around and throwing **** around. I dont respect him either until he gets in control more.

Lab Rat Robby
08-31-2013, 02:51 PM
The real issue is the way pot is enforced in this country. His downward spiral cannot be attributed to the affects weed has on the body, but more so to the legal trouble you incur when getting busted with a plant.

best comment of the thread.

RiceOnTheRun
09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Would be very Stupid for a Young club to sign Him he is bad influence. IMO mature clubs like Lakers and Nets would suit him best. Because of Lakers system to go along with established vets it seem like a match made in heaven. I can see him becoming a good player in LA they are trying to focus on winning and that may put his idle mind on other things.

LA would be a terrible place for him. Too much spotlight there, he needs to go somewhere quieter where he won't be as scrutinized at every step.

Memphis is a good one, OKC is also a lesser possibility because of his pre-existing relationship with Durant.

ldawg
09-01-2013, 11:02 PM
LA would be a terrible place for him. Too much spotlight there, he needs to go somewhere quieter where he won't be as scrutinized at every step.

Memphis is a good one, OKC is also a lesser possibility because of his pre-existing relationship with Durant.That is why La is the perfect spot. The other teams he has played dont make the playoffs so he has more free time second the media is not so much in your face so he can hide a bit. In La with the media around will force him to lay low and that may make him do something constructive with idle time.

PurpleLynch
09-02-2013, 05:53 AM
That is why La is the perfect spot. The other teams he has played for dont even make the playoffs so he has more free time second the media is not so much in your face so he can hide a bit. In La with the media around will force him to lay low and that may make him do something constructive with idle time.

Imo he can take both ways,or he lay low and play well,or he can't suffer the pressure and it's gonna act like a douche. That's why it's a risk,but with the lack of a real Sf besides Johnson,I'd take it.

ldawg
09-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Imo he can take both ways,or he lay low and play well,or he can't suffer the pressure and it's gonna act like a douche. That's why it'Ls a risk,but with the lack of a real Sf besides Johnson,I'd take it.I dont think the pressure will be high in LA for Beasley. All he got to do is play ball he will not be ask to be Kobe.

sunsfan88
09-02-2013, 11:18 PM
@Clippersfan smh.. I'm not even gonna respond to your whole post because you are getting way too sensitive and dramatic. I think Im above everyone else? This is a BASKETBALL FORUM. Where you go to talk about basketball topic with other basketball fans. Over a COMPUTER. Were not here to make friends. We dont know eachother in real life. Come on man you just look like you're reaching saying **** like that "I think im too good for everyone else".

I never said you need to stay oppressed as a Clippers fan, but you need to be willing to take shots if you are going to come out and talk big about your team non stop because fact is your team has been one of the leagues biggest jokes, a big factor being you are connected to the Lakers..who are #1 or #2 franchise in the league. Just to polarize things.

You also hype the crap out of every little thing the Clippers do, I mean just slow down man we all know the Clippers are doing better things right now and have a good roster the past few years. But it's the first time in a LONG time so it's gonna take some more time before you guys start getting real respect that you desperately want apparently. Give me the Clippers current success for another 5+ years before we start talking.

also Griffin needs a lot of work before you guys start crowning him a 'superstar' title. He can start by jumping over a car in a dunk contest, and not the hood with a choir. But really, his game lacks a lot of substance, it's a lot of random twirling around and throwing **** around. I dont respect him either until he gets in control more.

Plus 1,000. Even though I don't have a problem with the poster your responding to, there are other Clippers fans that this post could greatly help.

Master Mind
09-03-2013, 03:31 PM
What a story it would be if he returned to the Heat and salvaged his career.

Dade County
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM

I feel that this is going to happen...

And Oden is going to have his own feel good story too, before all is said and done.

sunsfan88
09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
I want the Heat to win again this season (want LeBron to eventually match Kobe in ring totals) so I really hope that Miami doesn't sign this tool.

MTar786
09-03-2013, 08:28 PM
i dont care where he goes. he isnt a difference maker

EL_MACHETE
09-03-2013, 08:49 PM

What if he came to Okc and Durant helped him get to **** together. Then they'll have another star to add to Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka

EL_MACHETE
09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Pg- Westbrook
Sg- Sefo
Sf- Durant
Pf- Beasley
C- Ibaka

Bench***

Pg- Jackson
Sg- Lamb
Sf- Jones / Robinson
Pf- Collison
C- Adams / Perkins / Thabeet

UPRock
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Who's Memphis Small Forward?

EL_MACHETE
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Who's Memphis Small Forward?

Prince

SportsFanatic10
09-03-2013, 10:43 PM
i think it's pretty clear at this point that he just doesn't care about basketball. he's made some good money and now he just wants to chill and spend it on weed. he has enough for a lifetime supply and a great lifestyle, kinda jealous hahah. he's got the skills as everyone knows but just not the drive, some people are just like that, he's just lucky to have the natural talent to get by on enough to take teams money and now hes set.

MrfadeawayJB
09-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I could see Memphis at least looking at him.

They took gambles on ZBO, arenas, iverson, and looked into west in the offseason.

king4day
09-04-2013, 12:11 AM

Memphis is a good one, OKC is also a lesser possibility because of his pre-existing relationship with Durant.

I think Minny and Phoenix were perfect places to not get the spotlight on him. I think Wilbon was the one who suggested a team like the Spurs where you're surrounded by a crazy amount of respected veterans.

king4day
09-04-2013, 12:12 AM
What if he came to Okc and Durant helped him get to **** together. Then they'll have another star to add to Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka

5 years and 3 teams to this point. If a single player turns him around then the dude seriously has mental problems for it to take that long.

beasted86
09-04-2013, 12:17 AM
5 years and 3 teams to this point. If a single player turns him around then the dude seriously has mental problems for it to take that long.

You have to say his first 3 years he wasn't a real bust though, just someone who didn't live up to the hype. With the HEAT he played a limited role and was a decent complimentary 2nd scorer on a playoff team. His 3rd year he had decent stats even though his floor impact wasn't an all-star.

It's these last 2 years where he's really taken on the bust label from playing poor and nothing like you would expect a top 5 pick to play like.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-04-2013, 01:26 AM
You have to say his first 3 years he wasn't a real bust though, just someone who didn't live up to the hype. With the HEAT he played a limited role and was a decent complimentary 2nd scorer on a playoff team. His 3rd year he had decent stats even though his floor impact wasn't an all-star.

It's these last 2 years where he's really taken on the bust label from playing poor and nothing like you would expect a top 5 pick to play like.

He was a bust in Miami too.

Phrazbit
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
People are focusing way to much on the weed factor here. Lots of guys smoke, some are even dumb enough to get caught, but if they're good teams look the other way. However, Beasley is NOT good, Beasley is absolutely horrible. He is truly among the worst players in the entire league. If you suck out loud and you keep getting arrested teams are not going to put up with you.

People can claim all he needs is vet players around him, a good coach, a good system... blah blah blah, but it ignores that Beasley is a player with very little NBA level skill. He cannot defend, he sucks at passing, he cannot score inside, he is not strong or fast for his size, he is not a jumper, he virtually never dunks, he does not get to the line, he is a bad outside shooter... his best and really ONLY ability is his jumper... which is only good when he gets hot, and he only gets hot about once in every 10 games.

Basically he is a 6'10" Eddie House (who also lit up in college)... with a drug problem.

ldawg
09-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Beasley to Lakers make the most sense

IKnowHoops
09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
People are focusing way to much on the weed factor here. Lots of guys smoke, some are even dumb enough to get caught, but if they're good teams look the other way. However, Beasley is NOT good, Beasley is absolutely horrible. He is truly among the worst players in the entire league. If you suck out loud and you keep getting arrested teams are not going to put up with you.

People can claim all he needs is vet players around him, a good coach, a good system... blah blah blah, but it ignores that Beasley is a player with very little NBA level skill. He cannot defend, he sucks at passing, he cannot score inside, he is not strong or fast for his size, he is not a jumper, he virtually never dunks, he does not get to the line, he is a bad outside shooter... his best and really ONLY ability is his jumper... which is only good when he gets hot, and he only gets hot about once in every 10 games.

Basically he is a 6'10" Eddie House (who also lit up in college)... with a drug problem.

Kinda crazy that in games it doesn't seem like he is much of a leaper even though in a college dunk contest he did the east bay funk dunk.

Hawkeye15
09-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Beasley will latch on somewhere. Still has untapped potential, though I doubt he ever realizes it. However, a few GM's will probably still take a cheap flyer on him.

PurpleLynch
09-05-2013, 12:57 PM

I think that the problem is his head. He lacks discipline;but he has a lot of tools.His first years weren't that bad,he averaged like 15 points,5 rebounds,1.5 assists,playing like 28 minutes a game. He has a lot of potential,it depends on his will to get better.

PurpleLynch
09-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Beasley to Lakers make the most sense

I agree. We have a team of young scrubs,adding one doesn't change the outcome of this season,but maybe he can be good for us. Also in D'Antoni system he'll have fun,since it's a system with virtually no D and a fast pace offense. We have Johnson at the Sf position,so it's not a risk if we add him.

beasted86
09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
He was a bust in Miami too.

I guess if you say so. :rolleyes:

I didn't think it was possible to be a bust as the 2nd leading scorer on a playoff team two years in a row. Especially coming off the bench for the entire first year and playing under 30 minutes. I'm not a Beasley apologist or fan, but saying he was a bust since Miami is sort of unrealistic.

But looking at his career averages: 14 PPG, 5 REB, 45% FG, 35% 3PT, 24 MIN.
Then you consider the fact he isn't even 25 yrs old yet, he will easily get another chance in this league.

It's anyone's guess where that will be though.

Hawkeye15
09-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I guess if you say so. :rolleyes:

I didn't think it was possible to be a bust as the 2nd leading scorer on a playoff team two years in a row. Especially coming off the bench for the entire first year and playing under 30 minutes. I'm not a Beasley apologist or fan, but saying he was a bust since Miami is sort of unrealistic.

he wasn't a bust, he just didn't live up to his perceived potential coming in is all. After his first year in Minnesota, it was obvious he would never fulfill his physical potential in any way.

beasted86
09-05-2013, 02:28 PM
he wasn't a bust, he just didn't live up to his perceived potential coming in is all. After his first year in Minnesota, it was obvious he would never fulfill his physical potential in any way.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said. He wasn't a bust, he was more of just a let down.

I think his future in the league as far as improving and remaining a starter relies on him bulking up and going back to PF instead of trying to force fit at SF. He also needs to be way more aggressive in attacking the basket and actually using his athleticism. He needs to bulk up to about 245 and improve his overall lower body strength to battle guys for rebounds. He has good hands so that is definitely a benefit at his size.

beasted86
09-05-2013, 02:33 PM
BTW, I guess I was wrong. Suns decided to cut him loose, but apparently they had a clause in his contract in case these types of off the court issues arose:

The Phoenix Suns waived forward Michael Beasley today pursuant to a termination agreement between the club and him. In accordance with that agreement, the compensation owed to him by the team will be reduced, and the Suns' salary cap room will be increased for both the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons.

“The Suns were devoted to Michael Beasley's success in Phoenix,” said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. “However, it is essential that we demand the highest standards of personal and professional conduct as we develop a championship culture. Today's action reflects our commitment to those standards. The timing and nature of this, and all of our transactions, are based on the judgment of our Basketball leadership as to how best to achieve our singular goal of rebuilding an elite team.”
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/23463055/report-phoenix-suns-will-release-michael-beasley-this-week

king4day
09-05-2013, 07:11 PM

True. He may have had a longer leash there too since he was younger and had a chance to fix his problems.

chitownredbulls
09-05-2013, 07:51 PM
**** this arrogant piece of ****....stupid *** individual...making so much money but decides to live and act like a piece of ****...

KingstonHawke
09-06-2013, 07:28 AM

Never mind that bigger 4s have trouble guarding him because he can hit the 3 and is also quick enough to take them off the dribble right? Or that slimmer 4s have trouble guarding him because he's actually a pretty good post player. Beasley is immensely talented. And if he can get his head on straight could be a really productive player. Pretty sure guys with "only a streaky jumper" don't avg 19 ppg.

Huntey
09-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Never mind that bigger 4s have trouble guarding him because he can hit the 3 and is also quick enough to take them off the dribble right? Or that slimmer 4s have trouble guarding him because he's actually a pretty good post player. Beasley is immensely talented. And if he can get his head on straight could be a really productive player. Pretty sure guys with "only a streaky jumper" don't avg 19 ppg.

Never mind that Beasley rarely takes advantage of those mismatches you listed. He just isn't a pro; he can't figure out how to play pro basketball nor can he figure out how to conduct himself off the court.

sunsfan88
09-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Ding-Dong, the idiot is gone!