PDA

View Full Version : Report: Suns, Bucks Seriously Discussing Caron Butler Trade

king4day
08-28-2013, 11:56 PM
According to multiple sources, the Bucks and Phoenix Suns are seriously engaged in trade negotiations that would bring Butler to the Bucks.

Although exact details of the potential trade arenít known, Butler, the former Park High School standout, would be the central figure in the deal that could be culminated as soon as today.

http://m.journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/gery-woelfel-butler-back-in-town-sources-indicate-bucks-suns/article_94904e36-1048-11e3-ad45-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true?mobile_touch=t rue

Phenomenonsense
08-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Gooden, Butler. Maybe the bucks will come after CV hard now too.

sunsfan88
08-29-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm gonna laugh if the Bucks give up something valuable.

They could have had Butler when we did the 3 team trade with them lol.

GunFactor187
08-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Gotta figure Udoh will probably be shipped out to Phoenix.

TheHebrewHammer
08-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Makes Sense.

Bucks have a hole at the 3 and enough cap space to basically absorb the contract whereas phoenix has 0 incentive to keep that contract on their books.

Id imagine its Butler for a back end piece and a late 2nd.

king4day
08-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Scott Howard @ScottHoward42

I love the idea that the only time Caron Butler ever dons a Suns uniform will be at a fashion show. Classic.

Jared Dudley ✔ @JaredDudley619

RT @ramonashelburne: From what I hear, Phoenix Suns are trying to do right by Caron by facilitating a trade to his hometown.(That's awesome)

king4day
08-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 32s
As @GeryWoelfel broke, the #Suns are in talks to send Caron Butler home to the Bucks. Hearing a return of Ish Smith, Slava Kravtsov & pick.

Dunno anything about those guys

Clippersfan86
08-29-2013, 12:34 AM
If true that Butler wants to wrap up his career back home it's very understandable. Plus as somebody else said they do need a SF. That being said a lineup with Brandon Knight, OJ Mayo and Caron Butler is going to be jacking up so many bad shots. Too bad Caron won't get a crack at mentoring Beasley.

GunFactor187
08-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Dunno anything about those guys

Kravstov is just a big body, some potential to be a solid rotational guy. Mostly a "Come In, Give 6 Fouls" kind of big though. Had some okay nights for us while he was here in Detroit. Needs to fix his rebounding technique, always finishes by bringing ball down to his waist instead of keeping it high up.

king4day
08-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Kravstov is just a big body, some potential to be a solid rotational guy. Mostly a "Come In, Give 6 Fouls" kind of big though. Had some okay nights for us while he was here in Detroit. Needs to fix his rebounding technique, always finishes by bringing ball down to his waist instead of keeping it high up.

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like me when I play :)

DreamShaker
08-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Ish Smith is really fast. That's all I remember about him. Kinda similar to John Lucas III.

davids22
08-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Typical Bucks move. Sign a veteran that's overpaid who is just going to take minutes away from our young guys, just so we can be competitive.

#8thseedorbust

Look, I realize the gravity of the situation. Proper tanking can take a couple years. Years that the Bucks don't really have with the Bradley Center lease expiring soon and being desperately in need of a new building (that ownership or the taxpayers might not want to pay due to lack of team success in recent years). This leads to management wanting to "win now" when realistically their ceiling is a 6th seed. They think a team can improve while making bad move after bad move. Butler on this team just takes away minutes from Henson and Antetokoumpo and it drives me nuts. All I want to see is my young guys develop for a year or two, and GET A DAMN LOTTERY PICK IN THIS STACKED DRAFT CLASS.

If we get the 12th pick in the draft I'm going to flip out.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Typical Bucks move. Sign a veteran that's overpaid who is just going to take minutes away from our young guys, just so we can be competitive.

#8thseedorbust

Look, I realize the gravity of the situation. Proper tanking can take a couple years. Years that the Bucks don't really have with the Bradley Center lease expiring soon and being desperately in need of a new building (that ownership or the taxpayers might not want to pay due to lack of team success in recent years). This leads to management wanting to "win now" when realistically their ceiling is a 6th seed. They think a team can improve while making bad move after bad move. Butler on this team just takes away minutes from Henson and Antetokoumpo and it drives me nuts. All I want to see is my young guys develop for a year or two, and GET A DAMN LOTTERY PICK IN THIS STACKED DRAFT CLASS.

If we get the 12th pick in the draft I'm going to flip out.

i understand what your saying but delfino is out for the start of the year n middleton n giannas cant hold down the fort... n them 3 cant hold it down all season so 1 year of caron while giannas n kris grow aint the end of the world

D-Leethal
08-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Seems like a token "whats the ****ing point?" Milwaukee Bucks move that we have all come to know and love. Why give up two young prospects for 20 games of JJ Redick? Thats just the Bucks way...

UPRock
08-29-2013, 11:47 PM
I really don't understand what the Bucks are trying to do, keep going 8th seed?

Blitzace137
08-30-2013, 12:03 AM
This is the year the Bucks should have tanked since next years draft might have some franchise players but I guess there content with being the 8th seed.