PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant voted most popular NBA player by upcoming NBA rookies

Teeboy1487
08-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Who is your favorite player in the league?

1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 21.2 percent

2: LeBron James, Miami -- 15.2 percent

T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas -- 12.1 percent

T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 9.1 percent

Others receiving votes: Carmelo Anthony, New York; Vince Carter, Dallas; Tim Duncan, San Antonio; James Harden, Houston; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Dwyane Wade, Miami

Worth noting: LeBron won his second straight championship, but couldn't retain his spot as the rookies' favorite player. As Kobe nears the end of his career, he still gets love from the kids.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/john_schuhmann/08/26/2013-14-nba-rookie-survey/index.html?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

It's interesting how so many young players still look up to Kobe. Smart children and Lebron was second. These rookiess are looking up to the right guys. I'm honestly surprised how high Dirk is on this list. Your thoughts?

Tony_Starks
08-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Any bets on who will be the first hater? I say hildago...

tredigs
08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Most of the best players of the last half decade. Kawhi's a pretty big surprise though. Glaring omission = Dwight. Which really is not a surprise. I don't think most revere him as a person, just on the court.

ManRam
08-27-2013, 02:20 PM
No surprise here.

slaker619
08-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Shocked

SteBO
08-27-2013, 02:22 PM
No surprise here.
Exactly. I actually don't see anything remarkable about any of this.....

tredigs
08-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Really, Kawhi Leonard in the mix with Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Wade, etc doesn't surprise you two? Over, say - Tony Parker, Curry, Westbrook, Rose, Love, Pau, Westbrook, Bosh, etc? I'm pretty impressed by his name in that mix. It sticks out huge.

RLundi
08-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Fitting a Lakers fan starts this thread.

Matrix3132
08-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Really, Kawhi Leonard in the mix with Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Wade, etc doesn't surprise you two? Over, say - Tony Parker, Curry, Westbrook, Rose, Love, Pau, Westbrook, Bosh, etc? I'm pretty impressed by his name in that mix. It sticks out huge.

Kawhi is someone's favorite, the question was, "Who is your favorite player" not "who is the best player"

mightybosstone
08-27-2013, 02:31 PM

It's not that unusual. I've been an NBA fan for a long time, and my favorite player hasn't always been a superstar. For years, my favorite Rockets players were Shane Battier and Luis Scola. You ask dozens of rookies who their favorite players are and one or two are bound to name an obscure guy over a superstar. It would be stranger if one of the top 3-4 guys was someone like Leonard.

ManRam
08-27-2013, 02:32 PM

Well yeah, that's a surprise.

Kobe being the most liked isn't, because people their/my age have never really known basketball pre-Kobe Bryant. Hell, I loved Kobe back in 3rd grade. He was so likable back then, and still is to many people. That's all I was saying with that post; reffering to the title

tredigs
08-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah true, I was considering this as a bigger sample size, but it's probably just one kid. Looks like Lebron was the rookies favorite last season, btw.

ManRam
08-27-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm guessing it was Tony Snell that voted for Leonard, BTW. High School teammates.

D-Leethal
08-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Rooks probably wouldn't be saying this if they played on Kobe's team.

Tony_Starks
08-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Not a shocker. Just like when AI and T Mac retired all the players were giving props.

Real recognize real.

tredigs
08-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Interesting to see the rookies give Nerlens Noel almost zero love for most potential/best/funniest, etc. They're huge on C.J. McCollum and Ricky Ledo. McCollum's scoring #'s last year were pretty insane, so no surprise there. ROY sleeper.

Bostonjorge
08-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Favorite player usually means who u think is the best.

tredigs
08-27-2013, 02:46 PM

That's a reach Kobe stan. How do you explain the other 10 names? Those guys think Vince Carter, Leonard, Nash, Wade, KG, etc are the best in the game too?

Teeboy1487
08-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Most of the best players of the last half decade. Kawhi's a pretty big surprise though. Glaring omission = Dwight. Which really is not a surprise. I don't think most revere him as a person, just on the court.

That's why I made the thread lol. Dwight is no where on the list.

RaiderLakersA's
08-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Bah, means nothing. This is a generational thing. The guys that are entering the league now probably watched a great deal of Kobe in his heyday. This explains why Dirk is also on the list. When they do this poll 4-5 years from now -- or basically the length of a college career -- I'm betting you'll see more votes for LeBron and other contemporaries.

bearadonisdna
08-27-2013, 03:17 PM
No votes for rose understandable considering his last season.
On a different note guess the sell-out routine isnt as popular among the kids no more. ahem.

Bruno
08-27-2013, 03:34 PM

no it doesnt.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2013, 03:40 PM

it almost never does, but whatever.

Not surprising, the incoming guys all grew up watching Kobe's career. And many of them have aspiring goals to win championships and have continued playoff success, something Kobe has.

John Walls Era
08-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Everyone likes KG before they play him.

amos1er
08-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Bah, means nothing. This is a generational thing. The guys that are entering the league now probably watched a great deal of Kobe in his heyday. This explains why Dirk is also on the list. When they do this poll 4-5 years from now -- or basically the length of a college career -- I'm betting you'll see more votes for LeBron and other contemporaries.

Really?

Lebron came into the league back in 03-04. Thats ten years ago and easily in the right range for an average NBA rookie (age 19-22) to have grown up watching Lebron James play.

Try again.

amos1er
08-27-2013, 04:57 PM
it almost never does, but whatever.

True.

Not surprising, the incoming guys all grew up watching Kobe's career.

You act as if they all didn't grow up watching Lebron's career either. Durant came into the league 5 years ago, yet he is still number 3 on this list, receiving nearly as many votes as Lebron. Don't really see the correlation here.

And many of them have aspiring goals to win championships and have continued playoff success, something Kobe has.

You act as if Kobe has nothing other than this to fall back on. :rolleyes: Yes we know, Kobe was just some lucky above average level NBA talent who was lucky enough to be drafted onto the right team at the right place at the right time right. Lol We all know what you are trying to do here and it's comments like these that make your personal bias so very transparent when it comes to this subject.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2013, 05:02 PM
True.

You act as if they all didn't grow up watching Lebron's career either. Durant came into the league 5 years ago, yet he is still number 3 on this list, receiving nearly as many votes as Lebron. Don't really see the correlation here.

You act as if Kobe has nothing other than this to fall back on. :rolleyes: Yes we know, Kobe was just some lucky above average level NBA talent who was lucky enough to be drafted onto the right team at the right place at the right time right. Lol We all know what you are trying to do here and it's comments like these that make your bias is so transparent when it comes to this subject.

and you realize these kids have dads and older siblings who influenced them, and that Kobe was the biggest superstar in the game during their early to mid teenage years?

And sure Kobe has something to fall back on, he was a superstar, I am saying athletes generally dream of playing on the biggest stage, and winning, so they fell in love with Kobe. The rookies coming in around 5-6 years from now will probably be picking LeBron. That is how it works dude.

Please, don't ever speak of bias with me. Coming from you, it's creating a new meaning.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2013, 05:04 PM
only kobephiles can take compliments of Kobe and still turn them into a perception of hate...

b_russ
08-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Is it a coincidence that the majority of this draft class labeled as "weak" find Bryant to be their favorite player???

Sorry, I had to be that guy. Just kidding Kobe lovers. Tis but a joke.

amos1er
08-27-2013, 05:34 PM
and you realize these kids have dads and older siblings who influenced them, and that Kobe was the biggest superstar in the game during their early to mid teenage years?

Older siblings I can see. Dads... Now your just reaching.

Kobe was hardly the biggest superstar during those years. Don't think you are taking the Colorado incident into account, or the fact that Lebron was the most marketed/hyped athlete in the history of the NBA.

And sure Kobe has something to fall back on, he was a superstar, I am saying athletes generally dream of playing on the biggest stage, and winning, so they fell in love with Kobe. The rookies coming in around 5-6 years from now will probably be picking LeBron. That is how it works dude.

In 5-6 years, Kobe might not even be playing anymore and likely won't be among the league's elite, so therefore your theory is null and void. Even if we don't take that into account, it's still just a theory until proven, unlike the FACT that Kobe is the most popular NBA player among upcoming NBA rookies which is proven. Would love to see who upcoming NBA rookies picked between MJ and Kobe in 2003. That would shed a lot of light on this debate.

Please, don't ever speak of bias with me. Coming from you, it's creating a new meaning.

The difference is that I can admit my bias. You go around acting as if you are more impartial than the next guy.

amos1er
08-27-2013, 05:35 PM
only kobephiles can take compliments of Kobe and still turn them into a perception of hate...

More like backhanded compliments.

amos1er
08-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Is it a coincidence that the majority of this draft class labeled as "weak" find Bryant to be their favorite player???

Sorry, I had to be that guy. Just kidding Kobe lovers. Tis but a joke.

Anybody have the results for who upcoming NBA rookies picked in other years?

Tony_Starks
08-27-2013, 06:03 PM
The fact that people like Leonard and Harding were mentioned let's you know it has nothing to do with age.

They just picked their current favorite. When Kobe retires they'll probably pick either KD or Lebron....

Ebbs
08-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Dirk nice

amos1er
08-27-2013, 06:06 PM
The fact that people like Leonard and Harding were mentioned let's you know it has nothing to do with age.

They just picked their favorite. When Kobe retires they'll probably pick either KD or Lebron....

Another excellent point.

People be tryin to hate by saying that upcoming rookies picking Kobe over Lebron was an age motivated outcome. There is no logical evidence that points to this.

ManRam
08-27-2013, 06:21 PM

My favorite player for about 7-8 years now has been Jameer Nelson. What does that mean?

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-27-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't see how someone naming Leonard is such a big deal. The Spurs were in the finals, and Leonard got a lot of credit during games by the media and announcers. He's young and he is turning out to be a solid two way player. Not that shocking if you ask me.

koberulesall
08-27-2013, 06:42 PM
of course he is there is no way around it little b I t c h e s

tredigs
08-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Another excellent point.

People be tryin to hate by saying that upcoming rookies picking Kobe over Lebron was an age motivated outcome. There is no logical evidence that points to this.
No, it's just because it's an extremely small sample size and they happened to like one of the most popular players over another. And last years rookies had it the opposite way (Lebron was their favorite).

The rest of the polls were FAR more interesting to see anyway. i.e. what the rookies who have been working with eachother think of each other in the pecking order.

THE MTL
08-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Kobe and basketball have become pretty synonymous for my generation (90s babies). Its going to be weird when he finally retires from the game.

jerellh528
08-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Really?

Lebron came into the league back in 03-04. Thats ten years ago and easily in the right range for an average NBA rookie (age 19-22) to have grown up watching Lebron James play.

Try again.

True, most rookies probably weren't old enough to remember #8. Lebron is who most of them grew up watching more especially with espn shoving him down their throats.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
The rookie surveys is one of my favorite NBA reads. Pretty interesting to see Olynyk getting all the love he's getting here.

True, most rookies probably weren't old enough to remember #8. Lebron is who most of them grew up watching more especially with espn shoving him down their throats.

You act as if Kobe doesn't or hasn't gotten as much media around him, which is false.

Bostonjorge
08-27-2013, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;26959759]and you realize these kids have dads and older siblings who influenced them, and that Kobe was the biggest superstar in the game during their early to mid teenage years?

I'm pretty sure the kids who do have dads were like every old player jordan, bird, magic and Barkley and they told there kid don't do what lebron did. Don't disgrace the game.

Now since a lot of these kids don't know there dads there were never taught how to respect the game and had no problem with lebron's actions.

seikou8
08-27-2013, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;26959759]and you realize these kids have dads and older siblings who influenced them, and that Kobe was the biggest superstar in the game during their early to mid teenage years?

I'm pretty sure the kids who do have dads were like every old player jordan, bird, magic and Barkley and they told there kid don't do what lebron did. Don't disgrace the game.

Now since a lot of these kids don't know there dads there were never taught how to respect the game and had no problem with lebron's actions.

:laugh::puke:u
toomuch

beasted86
08-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Expected.

Kobe was the Jordan for many of these young bucks. Doing bad imitations of him, Iverson and KG at their local playground......

amos1er
08-28-2013, 01:06 AM
No, it's just because it's an extremely small sample size and they happened to like one of the most popular players over another. And last years rookies had it the opposite way (Lebron was their favorite).

I agree completely and thank you for pointing this out. This of course completely thwarts Hawkeye's theory that this years rookies only picked Kobe because they grew up watching him and he therefore has some nostalgic value advantage over Lebron. Based on the fact that last years rookies picked Lebron over Kobe, that would just prove that none of that Kobe being the "main superstar" they all watched growing up was not a factor at all as they are only one year older than this years rookies.

The rest of the polls were FAR more interesting to see anyway. i.e. what the rookies who have been working with eachother think of each other in the pecking order.

Haven't seen those yet. Gonna have to check them out... Sounds interesting.

amos1er
08-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Expected.

Kobe was the Jordan for many of these young bucks. Doing bad imitations of him, Iverson and KG at their local playground......

Completely wrong. This excuse has already been debunked. See above. Next...

bearadonisdna
08-28-2013, 02:01 AM
not 1 not 2 ......That doesn't endear u to your opponent/s.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-28-2013, 02:18 AM
When they first got exposed to basketball, they were probably watching Kobe. He was already a fan favourite since his 2nd season and these rookies probably were all old enough to witness the Lakers dominance.

amos1er
08-28-2013, 06:45 AM
When they first got exposed to basketball, they were probably watching Kobe. He was already a fan favourite since his 2nd season and these rookies probably were all old enough to witness the Lakers dominance.

Did you even bother to read through the thread before you posted this? Apparently not because this rationale has already been proven to be false. Last years rookies picked Lebron and they grew up watching the same era as this years rookies. Therefore proving that there is no bias that can be attributed to nostalgia as they both are essentially the same age and still chose differently. If they were more exposed to Kobe as you say, than last years rookie class would have chosen Kobe as well... Which they didn't.

That and you have to still figure in that Kobe was catching some very negative attention from the media due to the Colorado incident at the time when they would have had the most exposure to Kobe during their most impressionable years. Contrary to Lebron who was receiving more positive media attention and hype than any player before and after him in the history of the NBA. Your forgetting that Kobe lost all his endorsements and Lebron got them all in addition to his own. If anything, Lebron had more of the advantage when it came to positive exposure from 2003 till present.

ThuglifeJ
08-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Kobe and basketball have become pretty synonymous for my generation (90s babies). Its going to be weird when he finally retires from the game.

.. back as a kid i remember everyone always shooting paper balls into trashcans yelling KOBE. I feel old now knowing he's retiring soon and lebron has been in 10 years now..

I love that new kids seem to have same taste as I do with the Vince carter, dirk, kg, Nash, kobe picks. Seems like the young guys see past the media decently?

The list lacks Kidd though.

b@llhog24
08-28-2013, 08:21 AM

I agree completely and thank you for pointing this out. This of course completely thwarts Hawkeye's theory that this years rookies only picked Kobe because they grew up watching him and he therefore has some nostalgic value advantage over Lebron. Based on the fact that last years rookies picked Lebron over Kobe, that would just prove that none of that Kobe being the "main superstar" they all watched growing up was not a factor at all as they are only one year older than this years rookies.

Haven't seen those yet. Gonna have to check them out... Sounds interesting.

Lol I'd love to see where he said that. His rationale is fairly logical.

b@llhog24
08-28-2013, 08:22 AM

.. back as a kid i remember everyone always shooting paper balls into trashcans yelling KOBE. I feel old now knowing he's retiring soon and lebron has been in 10 years now..

I love that new kids seem to have same taste as I do with the Vince carter, dirk, kg, Nash, kobe picks. Seems like the young guys see past the media decently?

The list lacks Kidd though.

He's not an NBA player anymore.

beasted86
08-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Completely wrong. This excuse has already been debunked. See above. Next...

How was it debunked because you merely posted your opinion?

Let's get into the facts. First off there is like 3 out of the 60+ rookies that are 19 years old. The majority are 20-22. Second, LeBron might have been drafted in 03-04, but really didn't blow up into a superstar until his 2nd season onward. So basically 2005 which was only 8 years ago. With most of these guys being about 20-22, why would a majority latch on to LeBron instead of Kobe at age 12-14 when at that time LeBron wasn't even on a contender in 05 and Kobe was already a proven champion?

The poll is as it should be expected. LeBron is still high, because there are still some who will have latched onto him later in their teens and patterned their play style and are fans of him, but ultimately Kobe has been around longer and has edged him out, but not by a landslide.

sammyvine
08-28-2013, 09:27 AM
How was it debunked because you merely posted your opinion?

Let's get into the facts. First off there is like 3 out of the 60+ rookies that are 19 years old. The majority are 20-22. Second, LeBron might have been drafted in 03-04, but really didn't blow up into a superstar until his 2nd season onward. So basically 2005 which was only 8 years ago. With most of these guys being about 20-22, why would a majority latch on to LeBron instead of Kobe at age 12-14 when at that time LeBron wasn't even on a contender in 05 and Kobe was already a proven champion?

The poll is as it should be expected. LeBron is still high, because there are still some who will have latched onto him later in their teens and patterned their play style and are fans of him, but ultimately Kobe has been around longer and has edged him out, but not by a landslide.

not really
kevin durant is relatively new yet he is ranked higher than garnett, dirk etc....
kobe is just more popular in the lebron. Even here in the UK, its kobe and rose, then lebron

Raps18-19 Champ
08-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Did you even bother to read through the thread before you posted this? Apparently not because this rationale has already been proven to be false. Last years rookies picked Lebron and they grew up watching the same era as this years rookies. Therefore proving that there is no bias that can be attributed to nostalgia as they both are essentially the same age and still chose differently. If they were more exposed to Kobe as you say, than last years rookie class would have chosen Kobe as well... Which they didn't.

That and you have to still figure in that Kobe was catching some very negative attention from the media due to the Colorado incident at the time when they would have had the most exposure to Kobe during their most impressionable years. Contrary to Lebron who was receiving more positive media attention and hype than any player before and after him in the history of the NBA. Your forgetting that Kobe lost all his endorsements and Lebron got them all in addition to his own. If anything, Lebron had more of the advantage when it came to positive exposure from 2003 till present.

Bigger sample size of a few years indicate otherwise.

todu82
08-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Bit surprising to see this. Kobe's a great player and all but he's always come off to me as being unlikable.

BULLSFAN0810
08-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Unlike some ...i think this poll was pure based on skill..even though James is better,anyone with a brain sees its ONLY because age/legs. These young guys understand the TOTAL package Kobe has, as far as foot work,shooting and drive. i base this op on the rookies though not star levels,they are pretty skilled compared to last years draft...last years draft was pretty unreliable

TheIlladelph16
08-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Unlike some ...i think this poll was pure based on skill..even though James is better,anyone with a brain sees its ONLY because age/legs. These young guys understand the TOTAL package Kobe has, as far as foot work,shooting and drive. i base this op on the rookies though not star levels,they are pretty skilled compared to last years draft...last years draft was pretty unreliable

Yes how could I forget Lebron only has an advantage over inferior players because of his age and legs. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2013, 11:29 AM

exactly right.

Ballperiodicals
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
kobe been around almost as long as Rick Flair next topic

DaLakerz Rulz
08-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Typical that something so benign as this gets turned into a stupid Kobe/Lebron argument in the NBA forum.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Typical that something so benign as this gets turned into a stupid Kobe/Lebron argument in the NBA forum.

for sure, when it doesn't even need to. I mean, it's a fact that the rookies entering now, for the most part, were ages 12-14 in 2005, when Kobe was at his peak, and had won chips. Why wouldn't kids ages 20-22 have him as their favorite player? I was 13 when I started worshiping MJ.

Ballperiodicals
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM

its kind of a stale topic to be honest

beasted86
08-28-2013, 12:36 PM
not really
kevin durant is relatively new yet he is ranked higher than garnett, dirk etc....
kobe is just more popular in the lebron. Even here in the UK, its kobe and rose, then lebron

So is Kawhi Leonard as popular as Dywane Wade since they are grouped together?

Sample size.

Overall I would guess Kobe is most popular with older fans than Newer fans. Just as I would expect Magic or Bird or someone else to be more popular amongst the even older group of fans than Kobe fans. All that this really says is all of these guys are superstars and basically own an era of basketball as the face of the league.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
for sure, when it doesn't even need to. I mean, it's a fact that the rookies entering now, for the most part, were ages 12-14 in 2005, when Kobe was at his peak, and had won chips. Why wouldn't kids ages 20-22 have him as their favorite player? I was 13 when I started worshiping MJ.

Dude this is incorrect, why is it the rookies voted Lebron before this year?

Hawkeye15
08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Dude this is incorrect, why is it the rookies voted Lebron before this year?

LeBron will get some votes, I am simply saying how is it surprising that a bunch of rookies who were between 12-14 in 1995 are voting for Kobe, when he was at the HEIGHT of his play? That is when favorite player attachments happen.

Not sure why Kobe fans are trying to turn this into a Kobe/Bron debate, when it's simply fanism (made that up). This really is easy to understand. Unless you guys are trying to flip this around to push your Kobe is more awesome than LeBron agenda for no reason..

beliges
08-28-2013, 07:30 PM
LeBron will get some votes, I am simply saying how is it surprising that a bunch of rookies who were between 12-14 in 1995 are voting for Kobe, when he was at the HEIGHT of his play? That is when favorite player attachments happen.

Not sure why Kobe fans are trying to turn this into a Kobe/Bron debate, when it's simply fanism (made that up). This really is easy to understand. Unless you guys are trying to flip this around to push your Kobe is more awesome than LeBron agenda for no reason..

Kobe is far and away the most popular player in the world. It is no surprise he is more popular amongst rookies in the states. His accomplishments and his status in the game set him apart from anybody playing today, including Lebron. Lebron, Durant and the other greats of today's game are trying to achieve what Kobe already has. This popularity poll should come as no surprise to anybody.

OceanSpray
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
It's because people like how Kobe plays. I love watching Kobe but LeBron is by far the better player. Kobe fighting for that playoff spot also showed a lot of heart and determination - something a lot of athletes and young-lings aspire to reach. I am not surprised, Kobe's style of play is what many teenagers wish to play. It's like everyone wanting to be like Jordan. I'm sure if you changed the question to "Who's your favorite NBA player ever", you'll get Jordan over anyone else despite the fact that Jordan isn't even in the NBA anymore.

DetroitBadBoy
08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Rooks probably wouldn't be saying this if they played on Kobe's team.

I think this is the most true statement in this thread.

Tony_Starks
08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Kobe has had the highest jersey sales for something like 4 out of the last 5 years? ( off the top of my head). And the majority of those jerseys are being chose by kids who you would think would just pick whoever is the most popular player right now.

Outside of psd he's a lot of people's favorite player, young and old. There's no science to it, people just love to watch him play get over it....

Hawkeye15
08-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Kobe is far and away the most popular player in the world. It is no surprise he is more popular amongst rookies in the states. His accomplishments and his status in the game set him apart from anybody playing today, including Lebron. Lebron, Durant and the other greats of today's game are trying to achieve what Kobe already has. This popularity poll should come as no surprise to anybody.

exactly

Lakers + Giants
08-29-2013, 06:37 PM
My favorite player was LO, i never thought he was the best.

kblo247
08-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Craziest thing is they were 2-5 years old when he started, talking this rookie class. Make no mistake, he's their MJ, Mailman, Shaq, etc all rolled into one. He's played and been elite (an all star since his second year) basically since they were being potty trained. Probably makes him think **** I'm an old 35