PDA

View Full Version : Howard wanted Kobe released.

Kushed
08-26-2013, 12:46 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/dwight-howard-mike-dantoni-fired-kobe-released/201733

Dwight Howard is the biggest joke in NBA history.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
He apparently wanted D'Antonio fired, and Kobe either amnestied, or "muzzled" haha.

Oh Dwight, such a team player you are...

TheMightyHumph
08-26-2013, 01:01 PM
It was well known while Dwight was still in Orlando that he did not want to play with Kobe

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:05 PM
It was well known while Dwight was still in Orlando that he did not want to play with Kobe

There is a difference between not wanting to play with someone and then essentially demanding the head coach be fired and star of the franchise released just for you.

Dade County
08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I feel that Howard did not want them to re-sign Kobe for big time money... Howard might of wanted that money to go to another star, because Kobe is not the same Kobe from 5yrs ago ( no matter what posters try to say on this forum ).

So Howard did not want to be tied down with kobe for another 3yrs ( I don't blame him on that one ). But you can not try to get rid of Kobe like that, even though Kobe had a hand in getting rid of Shaq...smh

What comes around goes around.

( Howard might of wanted that freed up money, to go to Melo or another star player )

hugepatsfan
08-26-2013, 01:10 PM
So...? He was a free agent. If he was under contract with them and demanding this I'd have a problem. But as a free agent he has the right to choose his situation. He explained to the Lakers what they had to do to be the situation he liked best. They didn't want to do it so he went elsewhere.

jaydubb
08-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Honestly, as painful as it is to say, these moves probably would have benifited the lakers in the long run, but the thing is Dwight Howard wasn't even a laker for a year yet and is asking for the head coach fired and the franchise player who was a major piece in 5 championships to be removed from the team.. That just says something about his me-first mentality which will never work in a team oriented sport.

tredigs
08-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Didn't we hear about this a couple months ago?

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:16 PM

First time I had saw something about it..? I mean I think it was always a known fact that Dwight and Kobe didn't mesh all that well together but I don't know.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Honestly, as painful as it is to say, these moves probably would have benifited the lakers in the long run, but the thing is Dwight Howard wasn't even a laker for a year yet and is asking for the head coach fired and the franchise player who was a major piece in 5 championships to be removed from the team.. That just says something about his me-first mentality which will never work in a team oriented sport.

exactly

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Blah blah blah. More attempts to continue the Dwight circus. 99% probability of this being false.

I don't buy any of this crap anymore till it's confirmed by a legitimate source.

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:20 PM

I think this is how I feel as well. Those moves would have sent the franchise in the right direction although how the hell do you cut Kobe?? You just can't.

And this comes back to Dwight thinking he's entitled to whatever the hell he wants. Its just a huge turn off as a fan. Dwight hasn't earned anything in his career.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 01:24 PM
I think this is how I feel as well. Those moves would have sent the franchise in the right direction although how the hell do you cut Kobe?? You just can't.

And this comes back to Dwight thinking he's entitled to whatever the hell he wants. Its just a huge turn off as a fan. Dwight hasn't earned anything in his career.

How do you trade Shaq? Uh you do it because it's the best decision for your franchise.

Honestly he hasn't earned anything? Stfu. Honestly STFU. Man works harder every day probably than you have ever worked in your life...

Jesus are you guys really too dumb to realize when the media targets someone. LBJ 2.0.

All of you need to grow a ****ing brain.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 01:27 PM
How do you trade Shaq? Uh you do it because it's the best decision for your franchise.

Honestly he hasn't earned anything? Stfu. Honestly STFU. Man works harder every day probably than you have ever worked in your life...

Jesus are you guys really too dumb to realize when the media targets someone. LBJ 2.0.

oh chill out. This is coming up on every single major sports site, and Dwight has made his own bed.

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:29 PM

The media isn't targeting anybody. I've seen and heard enough about the things Dwight has done to form my own opinion on him. I think he's a huge baby. Does he work hard at basketball?? He's in the flipping NBA so yeah, I'm sure he's put in a good amount of work to get to that point. I'm confused as to what you are saying though?? Do people who work hard get a pass from being a tool/douchebag??

Was Steve Jobs considered a douchey person?? I would say yes. He never worked hard though.....

goku
08-26-2013, 01:31 PM
its not like we didn't know this he obviously wanted major changes on the lakers they wouldn't do them so he left lets just move on he on a different team now

TheMightyHumph
08-26-2013, 01:32 PM
There is a difference between not wanting to play with someone and then essentially demanding the head coach be fired and star of the franchise released just for you.

Those were his conditions for re-signing.

You either meet them, or you don't.

Teams have to know what they are trading for.

Tony_Starks
08-26-2013, 01:32 PM
For the record SAS said he spoke to Dwight and he denies this. He however said he didn't deny not wanting Antoni..

Chronz
08-26-2013, 01:33 PM

I keep seeing it rehashed tho, not just by the media but it seems to come straight from Jim, particularly after Jeanie said that they failed Dwight.

Jim responds by saying Dwight wanted Kobe gone, even tho its the story thats been announced non-stop, Im guessing in order to endear himself to Laker fans. Whats odd is that he keeps saying he has Kobe's back for all hes done for them, but by saying Dwight couldn't play with Kobe, is that really having Kobe's back?

Why is Jim still allowed to speak?

AddiX
08-26-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm not excusing Dwight, but no one seems to like Kobe. This is an ongoing trend with him. we've seen this go on multiple times where his own teammates have shown dislike for him.

In all the years I've watched him play in the NBA, I've never felt like any of his teammates really liked him. Even the scrubs on his teams don't seem like they care for him. Its not like how it is with a bron or durant, etc, you can tell guys really enjoying being on there team.

And as for Dwight wanting mike d fired, mike is god awful and if the lakers don't get rid him he completely destroy whatever they left.

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:39 PM
I guess I'm just confused as to why people think this attitude from Dwight is going to stop...?

He's going to go to Houston. He's going to be second fiddle to James Harden now instead of Bryant. If Dwight thinks he's going to be the star on that team, he's just flat out wrong. He is not the same player he once was. I don't know if its injuries, I don't know if he's just disinterested in basketball now but I just don't see how these Dwightmares aren't going to keep happening. I don't see him meshing with McHale (who is an absolute bonehead, seen enough of his *** during his Wolves days) and when they start losing its going to be Dwight isn't happy again

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not excusing Dwight, but no one seems to like Kobe. This is an ongoing trend with him. we've seen this go on multiple times where his own teammates have shown dislike for him.

In all the years I've watched him play in the NBA, I've never felt like any of his teammates really liked him. Even the scrubs on his teams don't seem like they care for him. Its not like how it is with a bron or durant, etc, you can tell guys really enjoying being on there team.

And as for Dwight wanting mike d fired, mike is god awful and if the lakers don't get rid him he completely destroy whatever they left.

I don't know what it is about Dwight but the dude just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I think Kobe is probably my least favorite player in NBA history but even this stuff just annoys me. Dwight hasn't earned anything in his career and he has made more demands than anybody I've ever heard of. He thinks he runs the joint. I don't know, just very annoying.

And I'll mention it again, both of those moves would be the right thing for the franchise but Dwight wanted those things for himself, not for anyone else. And thats where he goes wrong.

rhd420
08-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Those were his conditions for re-signing.

You either meet them, or you don't.

Teams have to know what they are trading for.

Funny, if you've ever been hired and can call terms of your employment - you do. If the potential employer doesn't meet it, you walk away.

I don't blame Dwight at all for call his shots - why, BECAUSE HE CAN
Sorry, IF you can make your work environment more pleasant to you to work with, that includes picking who you work with, don't tell me you wouldn't.

Then again, just make sure you back up and reach that potential or goal you promised the employer - I think D12 will make Houston relevant, but championship in the next 2-3 seasons? That's the expectation - I DON'T think he could do that with the Lakers as well as Houston.

Chronz
08-26-2013, 01:46 PM

Kobe just needs the right people around him, Kobe can theoretically play with anyone on the court, its off the court that problems can arise. The man had trouble absorbing guidance, he wanted to lead before anyone was willing to follow him. That stubborn streak has served him well in some areas while holding him back in the likability factor. So long as you recognize Kobe is top dog, there will be little problems.

TheIlladelph16
08-26-2013, 01:47 PM
ITT: People latch onto LA Media hype for the one thousandth time about how terrible a player leaving their team was behind closed doors.

In Reality: This is probably not true.

hidalgo
makes me like Dwight Howard much more now. he shares my disdain for KB. good for you Howard

ManRam
As abrassive as Kobe may or may not be, the fact that Dwight thought he could actually get these two things is simply stunning. First he makes his demands in Orlando (perhaps wanting one of the league's very best coaches fired) and now he gets traded to LA (granted, a place he didn't want to be in) and thinks the team will prioritize Kobe over him :laugh2: It could have been the right move, and LA probably is wiser prioritizing him over Kobe...but that's just a ridiculous demand and he's crazy to think it could have happened.

What a clown.

With that said, he, D'Antoni and Kobe couldn't all coexist. It's best for all parties (well, mainly Dwight) that he left. Hopefully he can just focus on basketball now that he's where he wants to be. He's fun to watch when he's not proving to be the dumbest man alive.

Chronz
08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
I guess I'm just confused as to why people think this attitude from Dwight is going to stop...?

He's going to go to Houston. He's going to be second fiddle to James Harden now instead of Bryant. If Dwight thinks he's going to be the star on that team, he's just flat out wrong. He is not the same player he once was. I don't know if its injuries, I don't know if he's just disinterested in basketball now but I just don't see how these Dwightmares aren't going to keep happening. I don't see him meshing with McHale (who is an absolute bonehead, seen enough of his *** during his Wolves days) and when they start losing its going to be Dwight isn't happy again
Minny players LOVED McHale as a coach from what I remember

Kushed
08-26-2013, 01:52 PM

My disdain for him was as a GM I suppose lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-26-2013, 01:53 PM
As abrassive as Kobe may or may not be, the fact that Dwight thought he could actually get these two things is simply stunning. First he makes his demands in Orlando (perhaps wanting one of the league's very best coaches fired) and now he gets traded to LA (granted, a place he didn't want to be in) and thinks the team will prioritize Kobe over him :laugh2: It could have been the right move, and LA probably is wiser prioritizing him over Kobe...but that's just a ridiculous demand and he's crazy to think it could have happened.

What a clown.

With that said, he, D'Antoni and Kobe couldn't all coexist. It's best for all parties (well, mainly Dwight) that he left. Hopefully he can just focus on basketball now that he's where he wants to be. He's fun to watch when he's not proving to be the dumbest man alive.

Great post.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Ive said for years that there are only a very small couple of players that Could bear KObe and have success with him in the league post-04 when he ran Shaq out of town cause he wanted to be " the dude"

Kidd, Nash, Duncan, Pau, Webber.
Thats it.
All low profile dudes that think team first and dont give a damm for " whos the man".

Any other star would have clashed with him.

He got lucky taht the FO got him one of that list, if not he would still ahve three rings, or would ahve bolted somwhere else.

Thats the reason too why he does not want Pau traded by any means.

ManRam
08-26-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd love to see a 30 for 30 down the road with some behind the scenes info and some **** we don't know about Kobe's relationships with Shaq, Pau and Dwight. Pau's especially is fascinating to me.

SteBO
08-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't like Dwight much, but I find this very hard to believe..even though its right in front of me.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't like Dwight much, but I find this very hard to believe..even though its right in front of me.

Come on bro, we all know what a diva Dwight is.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 01:59 PM

yes they did. Everyone loves McHale as a coach/player.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 02:04 PM
yes they did. Everyone loves McHale as a coach/player.

Except Kurt Rambis.

:D

Isnt it ironic both coached the Wolves?

SteBO
08-26-2013, 02:15 PM

Come on bro, we all know what a diva Dwight is.
Oh I hear ya. But the demands he supposedly made here are so outrageous that I simply have a hard time grasping this. Wanting a coach fired is one thing, but wanting another player amnestied/released especially one of Kobe's stature is ****.

But it's Dwight, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

ManRam
08-26-2013, 02:16 PM

I could see how it might have been more of a case of him just asking if it was possible, rather than a hard demand...but he made his fair share of demands in Orlando, so who knows?

I do think a lot of what he has done has indeed been overblown. But since I heard this I never was too skeptical.

Chronz
08-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I'd love to see a 30 for 30 down the road with some behind the scenes info and some **** we don't know about Kobe's relationships with Shaq, Pau and Dwight. Pau's especially is fascinating to me.

The relationship with Shaq is pretty well documented, tho Im sure there might be somethings we dont know, I have a feeling all the dramatic stuff has been covered.

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Howard didn't want to be there in the first place. He was like he was in orlando, being a clown basically going through the motions.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
oh chill out. This is coming up on every single major sports site, and Dwight has made his own bed.

No Dwight did a bunch of stupid stuff in Orlando, and now people love to hate on him so people report hate. It's the same thing with Lebron. We get it. He was an idiot in Orlando, and you guys haven't gotten off of his nuts since.

Then he'll go to the western conference finals and he'll be "a whole new person". "Really turned it around". All of you need to mind your own business and shut up. Talk about sports and stop gossiping like a bunch of 14 year old girls.

Sorry, but it's the truth. It's like PSD is the sports TMZ channel now.

ManRam
08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
The relationship with Shaq is pretty well documented, tho Im sure there might be somethings we dont know, I have a feeling all the dramatic stuff has been covered.

Oh, for sure. I'd love to hear more from people who were actually around it though. I know some of that does exist, but as I said I'm mostly interested in the behind the scenes relationship between him and Pau, because I don't think we know everything about that at all.

hugepatsfan
08-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Ive said for years that there are only a very small couple of players that Could bear KObe and have success with him in the league post-04 when he ran Shaq out of town cause he wanted to be " the dude"

Kidd, Nash, Duncan, Pau, Webber.
Thats it.
All low profile dudes that think team first and dont give a damm for " whos the man".

Any other star would have clashed with him.

He got lucky taht the FO got him one of that list, if not he would still ahve three rings, or would ahve bolted somwhere else.

Thats the reason too why he does not want Pau traded by any means.

KG and Pierce could have played with him too.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
And really? Every major sports site reports it so it's true? Lol. Or maybe every idiot will read it and talk about it, and gossip about it so they present it as news....

ESPN would report about Kobe's lucky jock strap if people would read about it.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 02:41 PM
KG and Pierce could have played with him too.

No.
KG wouldnt have taken a back seat.
Pierce would ahve shot too much for kobes taste.
it would have ended badl.

I have doubts bout Dirk and YOUNG lebron.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 02:41 PM
And really? Every major sports site reports it so it's true? Lol. Or maybe every idiot will read it and talk about it, and gossip about it so they present it as news....

ESPN would report about Kobe's lucky jock strap if people would read about it.

Enjoy Howard rocket fan.

Badluck33
08-26-2013, 02:46 PM
have fun with that train wreck, H-Town

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Big surprise. Howards new fanbase doesn't want to hear about his recent shanagins. Dismiss his actions as tabloid rumors. Doesnt want him to have public accountabilty for his last two years of clownery. Anything else?

NYSpirit1
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/dwight-howard-mike-dantoni-fired-kobe-released/201733

Dwight Howard is the biggest joke in NBA history.

Why is he a joke? The Lakers and Magic are the jokes.

Howard NEVER wanted to play with Kobe. He made that clear from Day 1, but the Lakers still traded for him and were so arrogant to think they could convince him to stay.

He wanted to be a Net or a Maverick, at the time, last year. Preferably the Nets, but the Magic didn't trade him there. Their fault.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
No Dwight did a bunch of stupid stuff in Orlando, and now people love to hate on him so people report hate. It's the same thing with Lebron. We get it. He was an idiot in Orlando, and you guys haven't gotten off of his nuts since.

Then he'll go to the western conference finals and he'll be "a whole new person". "Really turned it around". All of you need to mind your own business and shut up. Talk about sports and stop gossiping like a bunch of 14 year old girls.

Sorry, but it's the truth. It's like PSD is the sports TMZ channel now.

Dwight did this to himself man. Plain and simple.

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Why is he a joke? The Lakers and Magic are the jokes.

Howard NEVER wanted to play with Kobe. He made that clear from Day 1, but the Lakers still traded for him and were so arrogant to think they could convince him to stay.

He wanted to be a Net or a Maverick, at the time, last year. Preferably the Nets, but the Magic didn't trade him there. Their fault.

Its pretty clear he has been a joke. Is he a joke right now idk he will have to prove different. One reason why he was/has been a joke is evidenced by ur post. He wanted to go to NETS but gave other teams the excuse he didn't want to play in cold. Maybe he should invest in a globe or something.

Also how is orlando the joke? For not trading him to his desired location.Why would they care where he lands?

Anyways didn't mean to bash rockets fans in my last post,just think its weird hearing defense of a guy who hasn't played a minute for them and has put himself in criticisms way through his own actions.

Slug3
08-26-2013, 03:11 PM
He basically got SVG fired as well, shouldnt be surprised by any of this now. I am sure he will find something to be upset about in Hou as well.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Enjoy Howard rocket fan.

I'm not a Rocket fan.

jericho
08-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I dont see why everybody is over reacting to this. Everybody knew that he didnt want to get traded to the Lakers to begin with everybody knew that he didnt want to play with Kobe. So really its managements fault for bringing in a player that didnt want to be there to begin with.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Dwight did this to himself man. Plain and simple.

Dwight made a mistake so you all are going to jump on all bad news that comes his way now.

It's not Dwight at this point. It's all of you that aren't even smart enough to realize that the same story has been reposted 4 times in a different source since he's been signed.

It's pathetic that you guys don't see the consistency with these reports. Ever 2 weeks Dwight makes the news with something else to make him look like an *******.

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
I dont see why everybody is over reacting to this. Everybody knew that he didnt want to get traded to the Lakers to begin with everybody knew that he didnt want to play with Kobe. So really its managements fault for bringing in a player that didnt want to be there to begin with.

Its understood he didn't want to be there. but that doesn't mean he should be a jerk and ruin what kobe has going on. Kobes been there for a over a decade, howard comes in as an expiring and throwing kobe under the bus. and he still prolly wouldn't have resigned. That's the point.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm not a Rocket fan.

yeah, right.
Like i havent seen you there in rockets forum.
:Rolleyes:

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Dwight says - "If they kept Phil I'd resign."

ESPN says - "Dwight Howard would of stayed if they fired Dantoni and released Kobe"

It doesn't take a ****ing genius to figure it out. He didn't like the direction the Lakers were going.

AND BY THE WAY WHO THE **** DOES BESIDES HOMER LAKER FANS!

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:22 PM
yeah, right.
Like i havent seen you there in rockets forum.
:Rolleyes:

I have been in the rocket forum asking about Kevin Mchale. I'm a Sonics fan. I've also been in the 49ers forum talking **** and the Bears forum. Does that mean I'm a Bears fan? No. I'm a Seahawks fan.

I'm also a fan of common ****ing sense.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 03:22 PM
He basically got SVG fired as well, shouldnt be surprised by any of this now. I am sure he will find something to be upset about in Hou as well.

Namely when Harden is taking more shots than him, because he actually is a better offensive player.

Or when they are not winning enough if they allow him to be the first option.

Or bout having to play PF and asking the Fo to trade Asik for one.

Or bout Jeremy Lin looking too much for himself and not passing him the ball.

I dont know what will be it.

But there WILL be some of that, in a pair of months.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Dwight made a mistake so you all are going to jump on all bad news that comes his way now.

It's not Dwight at this point. It's all of you that aren't even smart enough to realize that the same story has been reposted 4 times in a different source since he's been signed.

It's pathetic that you guys don't see the consistency with these reports. Ever 2 weeks Dwight makes the news with something else to make him look like an *******.

Dwight was a complete baby throughout the entire process in Orlando. I really don't care that the Lakers experiment went wrong, that is what you get for trading for one year rental and giving him Kobe, who at this point of his career, is just going to push other stars away.

What I am saying is, Dwight made his bed. The only thing he can do now is win, and be drama free. People will let it go. He needs to make sure he is not putting himself in position for these reports to continue at this point in time.

ManRam
08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Dwight says - "If they kept Phil I'd resign."

ESPN says - "Dwight Howard would of stayed if they fired Dantoni and released Kobe"

It doesn't take a ****ing genius to figure it out. He didn't like the direction the Lakers were going.

AND BY THE WAY WHO THE **** DOES BESIDES HOMER LAKER FANS!

I don't doubt that much of this has been sensationalized...it's been sensationalized since the second things clearly were going poorly in LA. Hell, some of it was proven in hindsight to be sensationalized in Orlando. He was the perfect guy to blame everything on and throw under the bus, run over, back up, run over again, and so on. The Lakers' problems were SOOOO much more than Dwight, but he became the convenient goat so people got carried away in all likelihood.

But you can't sit here and tell me that you are absolutely certain that Dwight wouldn't say something like this. You just can't. He's kinda done it before. He wants it his way. He thought he might have all the leverage in the world (and he almost kinda did).

Plus, he was a free agent. Instead of Dwight having to court the Lakers the Lakers were courting Dwight. He had the leverage. If he wanted something, why wouldn't he ask if it was possible? I have my doubts that he demanded it, like "you HAVE to cut Kobe and you HAVE to let D'Antoni go or I'm leaving"...but I don't for a second doubt that he at least asked if it was possible, or anything short of a demand. I doubt it especially since he was apparently waffling a bit and taking his time. If it truly was "Kobe and Mike go and I come, or Kobe and Mike stay and I leave" then I'd imagine it wouldn't have been as tough as a decision for him to make, because the decision wasn't going to be made by him. And it was by all accounts at least somewhat of a tough one for him to make.

Again, I do think people get carried away with the "Dwight made his bed so we can pile on as much as we damn please"...but still, he did a lot of stupid and dumb things that deserve the criticism he got.

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Honestly I feel he will be a better player and person now that he has what he wants. A team of his choosing.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Dwight was a complete baby throughout the entire process in Orlando. I really don't care that the Lakers experiment went wrong, that is what you get for trading for one year rental and giving him Kobe, who at this point of his career, is just going to push other stars away.

What I am saying is, Dwight made his bed. The only thing he can do now is win, and be drama free. People will let it go. He needs to make sure he is not putting himself in position for these reports to continue at this point in time.

So he needs to not leave the Lakers? So that way you all would not cry about it, and make up your own stories.

Dude it was 3 years ago in Orlando. Get over it. In no way does what happened in Orlando reflect on what's happening now.

jericho
08-26-2013, 03:31 PM

exactly

It worked for Kobe. Im not trying to defend D12 because i really couldnt care less about him but come on Kobe did the same thing to Shaq a long time ago. Oh and the coach everybody knows that Dantoni sucks i know its bad for him to try to pull something like this after what he pulled with Stan but still please cmon.

carlthack
08-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Howard is nothing more than a jealous as***** who cant stand it if any other player on the team gets more attention than he does even if its just for a day. Its only a matter of time until he doesnt want to play with James Harden anymore. You heard it here first.

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 03:40 PM
People act like shaq was a wallflower to work with. He was as full of himself as kobe gets credit for.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't doubt that much of this has been sensationalized...it's been sensationalized since the second things clearly were going poorly in LA. Hell, some of it was proven in hindsight to be sensationalized in Orlando. He was the perfect guy to blame everything on and throw under the bus, run over, back up, run over again, and so on. The Lakers' problems were SOOOO much more than Dwight, but he became the convenient goat so people got carried away in all likelihood.

But you can't sit here and tell me that you are absolutely certain that Dwight wouldn't say something like this. You just can't. He's kinda done it before. He wants it his way. He thought he might have all the leverage in the world (and he almost kinda did).

Plus, he was a free agent. Instead of Dwight having to court the Lakers the Lakers were courting Dwight. He had the leverage. If he wanted something, why wouldn't he ask if it was possible? I have my doubts that he demanded it, like "you HAVE to cut Kobe and you HAVE to let D'Antoni go or I'm leaving"...but I don't for a second doubt that he at least asked if it was possible, or anything short of a demand. I doubt it especially since he was apparently waffling a bit and taking his time. If it truly was "Kobe and Mike go and I come, or Kobe and Mike stay and I leave" then I'd imagine it wouldn't have been as tough as a decision for him to make, because the decision wasn't going to be made by him. And it was by all accounts at least somewhat of a tough one for him to make.

Again, I do think people get carried away with the "Dwight made his bed so we can pile on as much as we damn please"...but still, he did a lot of stupid and dumb things that deserve the criticism he got.

You're right. I can't tell you 100% that it's not true. I can tell you that the media seems to have a convenient way to telling these stories over and over again till they catch on. The media paints the same story because they know you will believe. It's too easy. It's simple to label someone a second time after you get caught the first.

This is all coming from the Dbags at ESPN and NBA.com and ****. None of this is based in fact. I bet you anything.

I also don't disagree that he wanted to know what the Lakers plans were. I don't think firing Dantoni, and releasing Kobe would of changed his decision at all. Lakers would still be a bad team with no direction.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Howard is nothing more than a jealous as***** who cant stand it if any other player on the team gets more attention than he does even if its just for a day. Its only a matter of time until he doesnt want to play with James Harden anymore. You heard it here first.

Yeah no we didn't hear it here first. Plenty of people said dumb **** like that the day he went to Houston.

yanksrock
08-26-2013, 03:46 PM
I wish he would go away already.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 03:48 PM
You're right. I can't tell you 100% that it's not true. I can tell you that the media seems to have a convenient way to telling these stories over and over again till they catch on. The media paints the same story because they know you will believe. It's too easy. It's simple to label someone a second time after you get caught the first.

This is all coming from the Dbags at ESPN and NBA.com and ****. None of this is based in fact. I bet you anything.

I also don't disagree that he wanted to know what the Lakers plans were. I don't think firing Dantoni, and releasing Kobe would of changed his decision at all. Lakers would still be ]bad team with no direction

No direction?

We have all the capspace in the world at this seasons end.

It can go two ways.

We dont sign crap, Kobe and Pau fly away and we rebuild.
We get TWO of the best Free agnets ( or one and keep caspace for the following season) and sign back kobe and pau for cheap.

Take your poison.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM

I also don't disagree that he wanted to know what the Lakers plans were. I don't think firing Dantoni, and releasing Kobe would of changed his decision at all. Lakers would still be a bad team with no direction.

No direction?

We have all the capspace in the world at this seasons end.

It can go two ways.

We dont sign crap, Kobe and Pau fly away and we rebuild.
We get TWO of the best Free agnets ( or one and keep caspace for the following season) and sign back kobe and pau for cheap.

Take your poison.

Yeah because players are just flocking to play in LA right now.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Hellcrooner;26953610]

Yeah because players are just flocking to play in LA right now.

ah, the haters.

got to love them.

We won in the 50s.
didnt win but could have won in the 70s.
We won in the 80s
in the 90s ( 99-00)
in the 00s.

Keep hoping we dont win in the next ten years.
Ill keep hoping for a winning ticket lottery that makes me millonaire.

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2013, 03:53 PM
he looks bad for trying to force things like this since he's not good enough for that and didn't carry much weight in LA. but the funny thing is both moves would actually be for the better of the lakers in the near future. obviously lakers fans would go crazy about losing kobe, but at this point it is actually practical, and it's become obvious that other stars don't care to play with him. i definitely understand the management not wanting to do it though, since in the big picture it's kind of crazy business wise and will hurt their record next year etc, but from a strict basketball point of view it makes sense for the future.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 03:56 PM
he looks bad for trying to force things like this since he's not good enough for that and didn't carry much weight in LA. but the funny thing is both moves would actually be for the better of the lakers in the near future.

Yes they are.
I was actually hoping they DID withouth having to hear Howard demanding it.

had they amnestied kobe and traded pau for a pair of future picks they would have had the means to resign Howard and have his FRIEND PAUL sign for them.
Then after this year there would ahve been room for melo or lebron.

but you cant demmand after 7 months that a 16 seasons veteran is amnestied just because you want it.

faze38
08-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Man it's funny how people want to crucify this man for wanting to be in a better situation. He told everyone where he wanted to be and the Lakers took a chance and lost. I mean what is really the problem? It's funny how everyone wants to act like Dwight wasn't asking for what he thought would improve his squad the funny part if Kobe did the same exact thing coming off of championships but nobody was pissed when he did it. Let it go people because in all honesty Dwight made the right move. Everyone else in the league is trying to catch up after the NBA rigid it for Lebron! I mean can anybody in their right mind tell me that moving to Houston wasn't the right move for him?

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Yes they are.
I was actually hoping they DID withouth having to hear Howard demanding it.

had they amnestied kobe and traded pau for a pair of future picks they would have had the means to resign Howard and have his FRIEND PAUL sign for them.
Then after this year there would ahve been room for melo or lebron.

but you cant demmand after 7 months that a 16 seasons veteran is amnestied just because you want it.

yep, as of now the lakers are just hoping on a long shot to sign some big names in the next offseason. but i don't see them wanting to leave their respective teams, and i doubt they want to play with kobe. kobe deserves respect in la for what he's done for them though, so i can understand them not parting with him no matter what. but as far as the lakers basketball future is concerned it would be practical.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Man it's funny how people want to crucify this man for wanting to be in a better situation. He told everyone where he wanted to be and the Lakers took a chance and lost. I mean what is really the problem? It's funny how everyone wants to act like Dwight wasn't asking for what he thought would improve his squad the funny part if Kobe did the same exact thing coming off of championships but nobody was pissed when he did it. Let it go people because in all honesty Dwight made the right move. Everyone else in the league is trying to catch up after the NBA rigid it for Lebron! I mean can anybody in their right mind tell me that moving to Houston wasn't the right move for him?

I Do.

You need THREE stars in the current nba to win the ring.
Houstons cap situation does not allow them to get the third star ( Lin+asik is not doin gthe trick in a trade).

So its him + harden.

He could have either stayed in L.A and wait for artest, pau, kobe to expire and sign back for cheap leaving the cap for adding another peace.

Or he could have walked to MAVERICKS , join dirk and wait for 2014 F.A when dirk can sign back for cheaper and then add another piece or Pieces.

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2013, 04:08 PM
I Do.

Houstons cap situation does not allow them to get the third star ( Lin+asik is not doin gthe trick in a trade).

So its him + harden.

He could have either stayed in L.A and wait for artest, pau, kobe to expire and sign back for cheap leaving the cap for adding another peace.

Or he could have walked to MAVERICKS , join dirk and wait for 2014 F.A when dirk can sign back for cheaper and then add another piece or Pieces.

i don't think you NEED 3 stars. you can have 2 and better depth than a team with 3 and a worse supporting cast. miami has the 3 but it comes at the cost of having no true center and they don't have the remaining cap space to get a real one. also they had to trade all their 1st round picks as part of sign and trades. 2 stars can get it done with the right support around them, a lot of the time bosh doesn't even look like a star even when healthy. but i agree houston isn't good enough to win a title right now as is, they might get there though. the spurs nearly won with only 2 stars just a few months ago. manu is no longer a star of course and leonard hasn't reached that status yet. teams with 3 stars need great health since they're so top heavy, they struggle to make up for injuries.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=ztilzer31;26953617]

ah, the haters.

got to love them.

We won in the 50s.
didnt win but could have won in the 70s.
We won in the 80s
in the 90s ( 99-00)
in the 00s.

Keep hoping we dont win in the next ten years.
Ill keep hoping for a winning ticket lottery that makes me millonaire.

It's not hate it's straight up true. Dr. Buss was the guy who always closed the deals on the big free agents. Jim Buss is a ****ing joke.

Be a typical Lakers fan and reel off your championships like they have any relevance to the topic. You're just looking dumber the more you post.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I Do.

So its him + harden.

Or he can go to the Rockets where there's an owner that doesn't mind spending money now, and join a YOUNG team in the Rockets that already have an extremely strong foundation.

Yeah I'll take the rockets on that one.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Also Artest is not a star and neither is Pau anymore. Hate to break the news to you, and Kobe's injured.

Another delusional Lakers fan.

carlthack
08-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah no we didn't hear it here first. Plenty of people said dumb **** like that the day he went to Houston.

Wait, you're a Lakers fan AND a Dwight supporter? There's something extremely inconsistent about that.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Or he can go to the Rockets where there's an owner that doesn't mind spending money now, and join a YOUNG team in the Rockets that already have an extremely strong foundation.

Yeah I'll take the rockets on that one.

First second round exit this year second or wcf exit next year.
Then some teams reload in the west and back to first round exits.

Great future for Dwight.

And i know what you are gonna say, Lakers are lottery this year blah blah.
You better pray not.
We have a knack from turning our lottery picks in the first overall

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
So he needs to not leave the Lakers? So that way you all would not cry about it, and make up your own stories.

Dude it was 3 years ago in Orlando. Get over it. In no way does what happened in Orlando reflect on what's happening now.

No, he can do what he wants. He just has to do it without being perceived as a complete drama queen.

If these reports are true, it makes Dwight look like a nancy. I mean, what organization is going to fire their coach and amnesty or "muzzle" one of the most illustrious stars in their past for Dwight? How does he not understand that?

I am over it (never was bothered by it), I just find Dwight to be sort of a needy athlete.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Also Artest is not a star and neither is Pau anymore. Hate to break the news to you, and Kobe's injured.

oh no doubt the best option for Dwight was the one he made. And maybe he just made a stink with the Mike D/Kobe thing to make it look like he was at least attempting to talk with the Lakers, while knowing there was no way he was returning. Who knows.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 04:17 PM
First second round exit this year second or wcf exit next year.
Then some teams reload in the west and back to first round exits.

Great future for Dwight.

And i know what you are gonna say, Lakers are lottery this year blah blah.
You better pray not.
We have a knack from turning our lottery picks in the first overall

Your ridiculous proposals and predictions mean nothing to me. So do the Lakers history. I'm all about the now. Right now you have a **** coach with an old team, and I don't see a single big free agents coming to the Lakers in the next 2 years. Not one I'd want at least.

It's funny how you accuse me of being a Rockets fan, and now you just proved that you ******** on Dwight is because you're a butt hurt Lakers fan. Talk about calling the kettle black LOL.

ztilzer31
08-26-2013, 04:24 PM
oh no doubt the best option for Dwight was the one he made. And maybe he just made a stink with the Mike D/Kobe thing to make it look like he was at least attempting to talk with the Lakers, while knowing there was no way he was returning. Who knows.

Exactly! Then why pretend any of this ******** is true? We know why Dwight left. Lakers were a bad situation, and besides "hey we're gonna sign big free agents soon we just don't know who" isn't working. Why do we have to read all these BS stories, and pretend they have validity when we know it's just the media fueling a hot fire already.

raiderposting
08-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Lakers will be back in 2-3 years

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 04:35 PM

Deppends on how ridiculous kobe comes with his money and ego.
If he does the right thing, then we can be back next year.

if he goes stupid about being the 1st option and earning 20 million a year we can say goodbye for 5 or 6 years at least.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM

I have never had Dwights back ( nor Kobes).

you are not gonna find a more leveled impartial headed Laker fan in psd.

Wich doesnt mean i dont call out a hater when i see one.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Exactly! Then why pretend any of this ******** is true? We know why Dwight left. Lakers were a bad situation, and besides "hey we're gonna sign big free agents soon we just don't know who" isn't working. Why do we have to read all these BS stories, and pretend they have validity when we know it's just the media fueling a hot fire already.

I won't pretend that I get so annoyed by players demanding trades, and in large part because the media takes any and every rumor and just runs with it. I was annoyed with Melo, and even more so with Dwight.

I still think he is a nancy, but he can change my perception as Bron changed many peoples perception of his, even though besides the stupid decision, none of this is similar to me.

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Tho I think howard will be better, if the rockets start losing then the problems will begin. Kinda fair weather.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2013, 04:40 PM

I am hoping for a large drought for your Lakers.

Alas, that will never happen. In a former life I must have really pissed off the basketball gods, because my team always sucks, and the team I hate the most is always good...

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2013, 04:42 PM

that's gonna be long enough to keep kobe from getting number 6 though.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Alas, that will never happen. In a former life I must have really pissed off the basketball gods, because my team always sucks, and the team I hate the most is always good...

" Suck" for a long time, wont happen.

But we may still have a mediocre drought like the one in the secondhalf of the 70s or most 90s.

its on kobes hands.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
that's gonna be long enough to keep kobe from getting number 6 though.

dont discard kobe piggiriding the Knicks or Bulls for an Mle after this season if he sees lakers are not gonna be able to get him help.

carlthack
08-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Tho I think howard will be better, if the rockets start losing then the problems will begin. Kinda fair weather.

Agreed. The bottom line is Dwight is a bad locker room cancer, he always has been, its just that he has always been such a great player that has been overlooked until his last year or so with the Magic when he started fires in that locker room then he started fires with the Lakers.
So there was the Dwight vs Orlando situation, the Dwight vs the Lakers situation and eventually it will be Dwight vs Houston too. Who is the common denominator of everything?

faze38
08-26-2013, 05:00 PM
I Do.

So its him + harden.

Last I checked Chandler Parsons is a pretty good player. Asik is in demand and soon enough Lin and Asik both expire. So I don't see the comparison I mean the Lakers have cap next year but who is to say that any of the player option Fa players actually leave. I mean last time I checked Lebron's team is pretty good. So is Melo's so who are they really gonna put next to Dwight in 2014. Dwight has joined a young up and coming squad that was in need of a dominate big man. The other thing is people forget that Wade is aging eventually he will fall off the Rockets have all young pieces that are only improving and getting better. I mean the Rockets are already set at sg, sf, c and have decent pieces at every other position. The thing is they even have a young decent PF that actually fits Howard's play in Donatas Motiejunas so what more could he want! The Rockets are headed in a great direction while the Lakers are hoping to get talent.

smith&wesson
08-26-2013, 05:11 PM
I was never a big james harden fan. but i feel bad for him. he's next to be put in the middle of the dwight howard drama queen saga.

smith&wesson
08-26-2013, 05:13 PM
dwight coward leaves and completely destroys every team he touches through the media.

hugepatsfan
08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
No.
KG wouldnt have taken a back seat.
Pierce would ahve shot too much for kobes taste.
it would have ended badl.

I have doubts bout Dirk and YOUNG lebron.

Now that you mention it a young Pierce might have clashed with Kobe. Everyone points to KG as the turn in PP's career but he actually had a son the season before (when he was hurt and BOS sucked) which is where he really started to mature as a person.

I think you're dead wrong on KG though. I think he would have been happy to play with Kobe. KG's always been criticized for WANTING to take a back seat on the offensive end.

MrfadeawayJB
08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
:laugh: just shows he is not a winner. A team with Kobe on it is better, no way around it

Delrayhc
08-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Blah blah blah. More attempts to continue the Dwight circus. 99% probability of this being false.

I don't buy any of this crap anymore till it's confirmed by a legitimate source.

Awwww you <3 Dwight. Was Stan Van Gundy a legitimate enough source for you a few seasons ago?

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-26-2013, 05:35 PM

That bcuz Dwight is an *******.

Tony_Starks
08-26-2013, 05:45 PM

Keep on hoping my friend. The chances of my Lakers having a large drought are about as good as your Wolves having a 3 peat. Technically possible but highly improbable....

L8kers4life
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM

He does work hard, man played through the back pain, shoulder pain all year last year.

L8kers4life
08-26-2013, 05:50 PM

Don't get so mad bud. Everyone knew Dwight didn't like Kobe. The fact Kobe tore his Achillis, I don't blame Dwight for at least suggesting they trade or amnesty Kobe. At first that injury seemed like it could be career ending.
And Dantoni, every one wanted him fired and Phil hired. The fact Dwight asked for that gave me a little more respect for him.

imagesrdecievin
08-26-2013, 06:10 PM
The Lakers traded for Dwight with no assurances he'd be interested in sticking around.

When teams do that it's usually to get a head start on negotiating with that soon-to-be FA.

Of all the things Dwight has done in the past couple of years - I consider these reports the least damning. He earned his free agency and why shouldn't he be entitled to have his say on what he would need from a franchise going forward to sign there.

He made his wishes known and the Lakers weren't interested in Dwight under those conditions.

Where's the story?

kobe4thewinbang
08-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Kobe > Dwight

Wake me up when Dwight wins 5 rings. Then he can start making demands.

fresh prince
08-26-2013, 08:11 PM
So...? He was a free agent. If he was under contract with them and demanding this I'd have a problem. But as a free agent he has the right to choose his situation. He explained to the Lakers what they had to do to be the situation he liked best. They didn't want to do it so he went elsewhere.

Thank god!!

Extending this guy would have been a franchise altering mistake

fresh prince
08-26-2013, 08:16 PM
The Lakers traded for Dwight with no assurances he'd be interested in sticking around.

When teams do that it's usually to get a head start on negotiating with that soon-to-be FA.

Of all the things Dwight has done in the past couple of years - I consider these reports the least damning. He earned his free agency and why shouldn't he be entitled to have his say on what he would need from a franchise going forward to sign there.

He made his wishes known and the Lakers weren't interested in Dwight under those conditions.

Where's the story?

He played awful here in LA. Did you see Kwame Brown or Erick Dampier demanding outlandish request from their former teams? No. His play last season didn't entitle him the right to make such an assinine request.

Thats the story.

Imagine if someone was really bad at their job for an entire year and then when their annual review came up they did the following.

1. Asked for a raise
2. Requested their boss to be fired
3. Demanded that the best employee in the company who has been there for 18 years also gets fired

Thats what Dwight Howard went out there and did. The dude is clearly delusional.

Kushed
08-26-2013, 08:33 PM

Where's the story?

I don't think he earned his free agency at all. He turned the whole Orlando situation into an absolute circus and forced their hand. Goes to one of the teams he actually wanted to and then starts throwing demands all over the place like he's the king of the franchise.

I understand the point you are making and there's nothing wrong with it. I just find it amusing Dwight thinks he runs the league and every team should do something for "him". It's all about Dwight. He's thrown his teammates under the bus and he would have kept on going until he got to a place he wanted to go. It's just rather annoying. He's a big baby who has turned his reputation sour for thinking he's entitled to be a franchises star piece and to have a championship team around him.

Bruno
08-26-2013, 08:37 PM
all is forgiven for howard if he wins. if he doesn't this summer and two years ago will be a major blunder on his legacy. i may at some point in the future be happy for the guy if he puts in the work, improves and eventually succeeds, but I'll be rooting for him to fail every step of the way (and lay it on hard when he fails); which is a bummer for me because I love James Harden and have always liked the Rocket franchise.

3RDASYSTEM
08-26-2013, 08:41 PM
He apparently wanted D'Antonio fired, and Kobe either amnestied, or "muzzled" haha.

Oh Dwight, such a team player you are...

And just to think the ultimate coach/team player wanted him traded also and labeled him a coaching hazard, SHAQ also wanted him traded so he pulled a HOWARD and didn't wait until he hit free agency, he wanted out especially after bean shot them out 04' FINALS instead of waiting until 06-10' to take over the scoring load from SHAQ and still advance to multi FINALS

HOWARD isn't on SHAQ level as a whole so it was clear HOWARD had to pull a SHAQ and HOWARD had the age advantage this time,just not that elusive ''longevity'' with that exclusive franchise

sunsfan88
08-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Can't wait til he demands Harden to be traded.

Ebbs
08-27-2013, 01:58 AM
I just thought everyone assumed that was part of the deal.

Of course that's what he wanted.

Ebbs
08-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Kobe > Dwight

Wake me up when Dwight wins 5 rings. Then he can start making demands.

You're the bane of basketball existence

kobe4thewinbang
08-27-2013, 02:45 AM
You're the bane of basketball existenceAnd who are you, again? I would always take Kobe over Dwight, heart over no heart, greatness over great potential.
Kobe is one of the most passionate and one of the best impact players ever in the NBA. What has Dwight ever done?

Hellcrooner
08-27-2013, 03:09 AM
And who are you, again? I would always take Kobe over Dwight, heart over no heart, greatness over great potential.
Kobe is one of the most passionate and one of the best impact players ever in the NBA. What has Dwight ever done?

Tell me my friend.
Who you rather have in your bed at night for the next upcoming few years?

a 28 years old Meh girl.

or former beauty Melanie Griffith.

amos1er
08-27-2013, 03:21 AM

For once we agree. I don't buy this either. There is no credible source, yet everyone assumes it's true. Sounds to me like Jim Buss propaganda to clear his name from this enormous debacle. Jim Buss and his incompetence was the real reason Dwight left. When your franchise player asks you to get Phil Jackson and you refuse due to some personal ego motivated issues... Don't be surprised if he bolts. Jim hired D'Antoni when Dwight and Kobe both asked for Phil and he hired Mike Brown when Kobe specifically wanted Shaw. Jim Buss is a complete moron and anyone who believes this article to be true with no credible source is one as well.

kobe4thewinbang
08-27-2013, 03:29 AM
Tell me my friend.
Who you rather have in your bed at night for the next upcoming few years?

a 28 years old Meh girl.

or former beauty Melanie Griffith.Exactly! Kobe had a great year last season that was cut short by injury. Would've loved to see him play hard against the Spurs, since no other Laker did.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2013, 03:59 AM
my spidersenses tell me you didnt get what i was telling you

kobe4thewinbang
08-27-2013, 06:50 PM
my spidersenses tell me you didnt get what i was telling you

:DYeah, but your presentation was ineffective. Why would I want a "meh" 28 year old girl? Dwight's been in the league for 10 years, still has crappy free throws and atrocious court vision.

ryang
08-27-2013, 06:56 PM
He didn't stay in LA because there old and really don't have much of a chance at winning a title anytime soon.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I dont understand the problem.

He more than likely never wanted to be a Laker. It was pretty obvious he wanted the Nets or bust. The Lakers got him anyway, with no assurance that he would be there after the season.

He entered FA and said what it would take for him to play with the team. They said no, so he walked. He's well within his right.

He made the correct the choice. Get off his back now.

fresh prince
08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I dont understand the problem.

He more than likely never wanted to be a Laker. It was pretty obvious he wanted the Nets or bust. The Lakers got him anyway, with no assurance that he would be there after the season.

He entered FA and said what it would take for him to play with the team. They said no, so he walked. He's well within his right.

He made the correct the choice. Get off his back now.

Re post:

"The issue is...He played awful here in LA. Did you see Kwame Brown or Erick Dampier demanding outlandish request from their former teams? No. His play last season didn't entitle him the right to make such an assinine request.

Thats the story.

Imagine if someone was really bad at their job for an entire year and then when their annual review came up they did the following.

1. Asked for a raise
3. Demanded that the best employee in the company who has been there for 18 years also gets fired

Thats what Dwight Howard went out there and did. The dude is clearly delusional. "

hugepatsfan
08-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Re post:

"The issue is...He played awful here in LA. Did you see Kwame Brown or Erick Dampier demanding outlandish request from their former teams? No. His play last season didn't entitle him the right to make such an assinine request.

Thats the story.

1. Asked for a raise

Thats what Dwight Howard went out there and did. The dude is clearly delusional. "

Dwight Howard didn't request for his boss or co-worker to be fired. He was a free agent. FREE AGENT! Not at all a part of the Lakers organization while making these demands. He was free to go wherever he wanted. The Lakers were courting him so he explained to them what he wanted to see from them to make them his preferred destination. They refused so he went elsewhere. If he was under contract demanding these things I'd be bashing him as hard as anyone. But the fact he was a FA totally changes the situation. He played out his contract and sought out the situation he liked best.

ryang
08-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Wish people realized Lebron was a free agent but hey he didn't choose your team so there goes that. Oh that's right he joined a great team. He should have went to Detroit and tried to do it all alone. Lmao.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Dwight Howard didn't request for his boss or co-worker to be fired. He was a free agent. FREE AGENT! Not at all a part of the Lakers organization while making these demands. He was free to go wherever he wanted. The Lakers were courting him so he explained to them what he wanted to see from them to make them his preferred destination. They refused so he went elsewhere. If he was under contract demanding these things I'd be bashing him as hard as anyone. But the fact he was a FA totally changes the situation. He played out his contract and sought out the situation he liked best.

This

FOBolous
08-27-2013, 09:46 PM
well there's a reason why the Lakers don't have any FAs clamoring to play for them during the Kobe era despite the fact they're this "amazing" franchise :shrug:

and let's be honest here, D12 would've done the Lakers a favor if they did this. Lakers would've got rid of an over the hill super star that still jacks up shot like he's a superstar and an overrated coach.

but yea, Dwight Howard wasn't the first player to do this either. Kobe did the same thing to Shaq and Phil before.

and seriously, LA fans really need to get over the fact that Dwight Howard left. This isn't the first time that an FA left a team and it certainly won't be the last. and all those LA fans that hate on Dwight for doing this are hypocrites because they want other stars to do the same thing Dwight did to their respective teams and sigh with the Lakers in 2014.

DaLakerz Rulz
08-27-2013, 10:05 PM
well there's a reason why the Lakers don't have any FAs clamoring to play for them during the Kobe era despite the fact they're this "amazing" franchise :shrug:

and let's be honest here, D12 would've done the Lakers a favor if they did this. Lakers would've got rid of an over the hill super star that still jacks up shot like he's a superstar and an overrated coach.

but yea, Dwight Howard wasn't the first player to do this either. Kobe did the same thing to Shaq and Phil before.

and seriously, LA fans really need to get over the fact that Dwight Howard left. This isn't the first time that an FA left a team and it certainly won't be the last. and all those LA fans that hate on Dwight for doing this are hypocrites because they want other stars to do the same thing Dwight did to their respective teams and sigh with the Lakers in 2014.

Who are all these free agents that the Lakers missed out on? They made their moves mostly through trades, and it worked out for them in the form of two championships. They haven't had the cap space to sign any big free agents for quite a while (take a look at how overpaid the scrubs on the Lakers were around 2005-2007). So yea they couldn't always sign the best role players...but I doubt it was because people didn't want to play with Kobe. Money was probably more of an issue.

Verbal Christ
08-27-2013, 10:06 PM
HA! did a butt hurt Laker fan really just compare D12 to Erika Dampier and Kwame Brown?!? LOL

the hate is strong in this one!

FOBolous
08-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Who are all these free agents that the Lakers missed out on? They made their moves mostly through trades, and it worked out for them in the form of two championships. They haven't had the cap space to sign any big free agents for quite a while (take a look at how overpaid the scrubs on the Lakers were around 2005-2007). So yea they couldn't always sign the best role players...but I doubt it was because people didn't want to play with Kobe. Money was probably more of an issue.

veteran minimums.

DaLakerz Rulz
08-27-2013, 11:40 PM
veteran minimums.

Right but for who, and what years are you talking about?? You have to look at context, as well as who was really the favorite to win that year. Its easy to just place blame on Kobe, which is what you are saying essentially right? Unless I misunderstood. I just don't see it.

beasted86
08-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Howard is dumb, but in this case he's the only one smart enough to see what the Lakers need to kick start them in the right direction. D'Antoni sucks as a coach, and Kobe is way overpaid given his current output and kills their financial flexibility. They needed to get rid of them both then could have headed into 2014 free agency with Howard and cap space. Now they will have a bunch of senior citizens and cap space.

FOBolous
08-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Right but for who, and what years are you talking about?? You have to look at context, as well as who was really the favorite to win that year. Its easy to just place blame on Kobe, which is what you are saying essentially right? Unless I misunderstood. I just don't see it.

other contending teams doesn't seem to have a problem with attracting and signing talented players with their veteran minimums and exceptions year after year :shrug:

DaLakerz Rulz
08-28-2013, 12:12 AM
other contending teams doesn't seem to have a problem with attracting and signing talented players with their veteran minimums and exceptions year after year :shrug:

Normally when players who still have significant talent above "veterans" salary level sign with a team (there aren't many of them, most go for the money), they take the vet min because they have a VERY good shot at getting a title or they want to move to that city for a specific reason, such as family. That is why I asked what years you are talking about in the "Kobe era" as you put it...it is relevant info. Like I said, its easy to make blanket statements blaming Kobe while disregarding any context whatsoever.

fresh prince
08-28-2013, 12:36 AM

Dwight did the Lakers the best favor he could have done. He left the team for Houston.

For that the Lakers are forever indebted to him. He stopped them from themselves.

Ballperiodicals
08-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't blame the guy. Kobe been in control of every thing lala land for too long now time to past the team down to the players it a team sport

mdm692
08-28-2013, 09:12 PM
The Lakers traded for him not the other way around.

shep33
08-28-2013, 09:37 PM
As our franchise player, I just don't see him leading us to a title. I think the move to Houston was a good one for him.

In the long run, probably best for both parties

beasted86
08-29-2013, 09:46 PM
^He could never be the franchise player with Kobe there anyway, so you are right.

At the end of the day, Howard never wanted to be with the Lakers. Howard doesn't like Kobe, Kobe doesn't like Howard. Why would Howard ever like Kobe anyway? He was traded to the very team that beat him just a couple years ago in his only Finals appearance. I'm sure there was trash talking and the such during that Finals series as well, then you expect him to come off a major injury and fit right into the puzzle with a terrible coach (D'Antoni)? I don't think so.

But on the topic, like I said Howard couldn't be the franchise player with Kobe there, and the team won't have any more success until Kobe's $30M is off the books and he's forced to take less money and a significantly lesser role if he decides to keep playing.

kingsdelez24
08-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Howard's a clown... He's the best at pick and roll and then rejects playing it with Steve Nash because shaq said "He's more of a PnR big man" and "Lopez is better in the post"

beliges
08-30-2013, 03:29 PM
^He could never be the franchise player with Kobe there anyway, so you are right.

At the end of the day, Howard never wanted to be with the Lakers. Howard doesn't like Kobe, Kobe doesn't like Howard. Why would Howard ever like Kobe anyway? He was traded to the very team that beat him just a couple years ago in his only Finals appearance. I'm sure there was trash talking and the such during that Finals series as well, then you expect him to come off a major injury and fit right into the puzzle with a terrible coach (D'Antoni)? I don't think so.

But on the topic, like I said Howard couldn't be the franchise player with Kobe there, and the team won't have any more success until Kobe's $30M is off the books and he's forced to take less money and a significantly lesser role if he decides to keep playing.

Kobe's salary is not the issue. The Lakers have already won while paying Kobe a tremendous amount. Furthermore, when Dwight had his chance to carry the franchise in the Playoffs last year, he got utterly embarassed and swept off the floor by the Spurs. He simply did not have what it takes to be the face of a franchise like the Lakers. It was the reason the Lakers decided to go with an old, injured Kobe over Dwight. Dwight has a looooong way to go before be can be a true face of a franchise. He will enjoy limited success in Houston and will get praised for it. This will be his career and Im sure he is happy to have it that way.

numba1CHANGsta
08-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Congrats Dwight you are now the most hated player in sports :clap:

beasted86
08-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Kobe's salary is not the issue. The Lakers have already won while paying Kobe a tremendous amount. Furthermore, when Dwight had his chance to carry the franchise in the Playoffs last year, he got utterly embarassed and swept off the floor by the Spurs. He simply did not have what it takes to be the face of a franchise like the Lakers. It was the reason the Lakers decided to go with an old, injured Kobe over Dwight. Dwight has a looooong way to go before be can be a true face of a franchise. He will enjoy limited success in Houston and will get praised for it. This will be his career and Im sure he is happy to have it that way.

You make it sound as though Kobe would have done any better had Howard got injured and he was the one instead playing as the go to guy.

The Lakers had no defense. That is the singular reason they were terrible during the season and got swept in the playoffs.

At the end of the day Howard will have more success in Houston than he did in LA, both short term and long term. That's all that matters, and for that reason is why he made the right choice.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Congrats Dwight you are now the most hated player in sports :clap:

meh, not even close. Most people just don't have any respect for him anymore is all.

beliges
09-01-2013, 04:21 PM

At the end of the day Howard will have more success in Houston than he did in LA, both short term and long term. That's all that matters, and for that reason is why he made the right choice.

UNTRUE. Howard had a great shot to win a title or two on the Lakers for the next 7 years or so. The rockets wont ever win titles with Dwight. They're not the Lakers and Dwight isn't hakeem.

RLundi
09-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree with him. It's blasphemy because Kobe IS LA but still, financially and looking ahead to the future, it makes a lot of sense.

beasted86
09-01-2013, 05:16 PM
UNTRUE. Howard had a great shot to win a title or two on the Lakers for the next 7 years or so. The rockets wont ever win titles with Dwight. They're not the Lakers and Dwight isn't hakeem.

How did they have a chance to win titles? No free agents wants to come to the Lakers. Regardless of what happens all players aside from Kobe take the blame. The team also has no coach in place to give them a title shot. So please explain your position.

todu82
09-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Good luck in having that ever happen. Yeah Bryant's 35 now and has lost a step or two but as goes him so go the Lakers.

beliges
09-03-2013, 04:06 PM

How did they have a chance to win titles? No free agents wants to come to the Lakers. Regardless of what happens all players aside from Kobe take the blame. The team also has no coach in place to give them a title shot. So please explain your position.

Its the Lakers. They will be competitive again within a couple of years. The rox are more talented than the Lakers now, there's no question about that. But I am comfortable in saying the Lakers will win a title before the rox do. Obviously neither will most likely win for the next couple of years. But id put my money on the Lakers over the rox.