PDA

View Full Version : Clippers close to signing Jamison

spreadeagle
08-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Not a huge signing (at this point in his career) but damnnn the clips are deep, they may be deadly next year
The Los Angeles Clippers are closing in on a deal with veteran forward Antawn Jamison, a source close to the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Sunday.

Jamison, 37, played for the Los Angeles Lakers last season, averaging 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds. He has been unabashed in his desire to play for a championship contender in the final years of a 15-year career in which he has averaged 18.8 points and 7.6 rebounds. He will likely surpass 20,000 career points early next season.

OceanSpray
08-26-2013, 01:57 AM
I was hoping Miami could've picked him up.

Tony_Starks
08-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Clipps you can thank Khloe for this!

FOBolous
08-26-2013, 02:33 AM
*gasp*

:speechless:

Jamison backstabbed the Lakers!!! he betrayed them! he couldn't handle the spotlight? he wasn't good enough for the Lakers legacy! he has a weak mind!

bearadonisdna
08-26-2013, 02:48 AM
Vomit. Thanks Kardashians.

Method28
08-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Clipps you can thank Khloe for this!

Lamar is a grown man and knows what he's doing. I wouldn't blame Khloe.

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2013, 03:17 AM
I was hoping Miami could've picked him up.

we already have him, his name is rashard lewis.

IndyRealist
08-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Jamison quietly had a very good year last year. Reduced minutes plus not having to be the go-to guy really helped his efficiency in all areas. Good pick up.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2013, 03:32 AM
Jamison quietly had a very good year last year. Reduced minutes plus not having to be the go-to guy really helped his efficiency in all areas. Good pick up.

10/5 with nagging injuries all year at 36 years old is definitely good like you said. On this team he won't be expected to carry the bench like he was last year either. My only issue is his D but if he can knock down 3's and rebound, I'll be happy. People around here keep acting like backup big is some huge factor. I can't remember the last time there was a memorable, big impact backup big honestly. Jamison/Mullens if they buy into Doc should be good enough, with Griffin playing a fair amount of center (which he dominated at when he played it more). I do hope we pick up one more like Amundson though.

Leftcoast_yg
08-26-2013, 03:38 AM
*gasp*

:speechless:

Jamison backstabbed the Lakers!!! he betrayed them! he couldn't handle the spotlight? he wasn't good enough for the Lakers legacy! he has a weak mind!

#ignored #trolling #ignored

Cracka2HI!
08-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Sounds like the rumors surrounding Odom have tipped the Clipps hand. This isn't a very good signing. The Clippers have no toughness on the frontline behind Blake and DJ. It's all riding on Blake and DJ. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that. Doc is going to have to earn his money.

lamzoka
08-26-2013, 04:03 AM
The Clippers have disconnected all talks with Lamar Odom (not like they could get ahold of him lol) and are about to sign Antawn Jamison

Chronz
08-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Hard to say which was the better fit for us, Antawn was more productive individually, Odom more influential to his teams bottom line by +/- analysis.

I felt the 2 were fairly equal, just a matter of preference for D vs O. Our bench defense will definitely take a major hit with Odom+Bledsoe gone, because despite Crawford being our 6th man, the defense those 2 provided was what made our bench so successful. Heres hoping we become an offensively charged bench, hopefully Antawn still has another year of quality production left in him. Not playing the 3 should help him too.

Hopefully Odom can get his act together and realize that playing for the Clips is whats right for him. That is, if we dont completely ignore him from here on out. Would love to have both.

Chronz
08-26-2013, 11:29 AM
10/5 with nagging injuries all year at 36 years old is definitely good like you said. On this team he won't be expected to carry the bench like he was last year either. My only issue is his D but if he can knock down 3's and rebound, I'll be happy. People around here keep acting like backup big is some huge factor. I can't remember the last time there was a memorable, big impact backup big honestly. Jamison/Mullens if they buy into Doc should be good enough, with Griffin playing a fair amount of center (which he dominated at when he played it more). I do hope we pick up one more like Amundson though.

That guy is still available? I would love him right now

Clippersfan86
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
That guy is still available? I would love him right now

Yes sir. Clippers and Lakers both met with him last week. I think we should waive Wayns who played AWFUL in summer league and sign Amundson. Jamison is a good scorer/rebounder but we need another goon like Kmart/Odom/Evans who will rough players up and work his *** off in the paint.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Hard to say which was the better fit for us, Antawn was more productive individually, Odom more influential to his teams bottom line by +/- analysis.

I felt the 2 were fairly equal, just a matter of preference for D vs O. Our bench defense will definitely take a major hit with Odom+Bledsoe gone, because despite Crawford being our 6th man, the defense those 2 provided was what made our bench so successful. Heres hoping we become an offensively charged bench, hopefully Antawn still has another year of quality production left in him. Not playing the 3 should help him too.

Hopefully Odom can get his act together and realize that playing for the Clips is whats right for him. That is, if we dont completely ignore him from here on out. Would love to have both.

I would love Odom but the talk of major drug issues, disappearing for days on end, smashing paparazzi cameras in a rage etc is very concerning. We are trying to change an entire culture, can't have loose cannons like that.

DeyAce
08-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Bulls could have used him

Cracka2HI!
08-26-2013, 05:31 PM
If Amundson is still availabe I'd like to see him in a Clippers uniform. IDK if he's a tough guy but he does hustle.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
If Amundson is still availabe I'd like to see him in a Clippers uniform. IDK if he's a tough guy but he does hustle.

I'd say he's tough. Not a goon who will punch somebody like Kmart but loves to get physical and annoy people.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Contract signed. Done deal, 1 year for the minimum.

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd say he's tough. Not a goon who will punch somebody like Kmart but loves to get physical and annoy people.

ya he's the kind of play that won't get intimidated by anyone, he'll hustle no matter what.

Isammm
08-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Pretty much sums up Jamison's stint with the Lakers. Just keep an eye on him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3l7SV3CVVo&list=FLIrbhi4gk9uza6ucFOPLUJg&index=15

goingfor28
08-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Pretty much sums up Jamison's stint with the Lakers. Just keep an eye on him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3l7SV3CVVo&list=FLIrbhi4gk9uza6ucFOPLUJg&index=15

:laugh2: that was good

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2013, 05:11 PM
So the Clippers have Hollins, Mullens and now Jamison coming off the bench. I really hoped for a better off-season. I have high hopes for what Doc can do for Blake and DJ but I wouldn't count it. SG and SF weren't really positions of need like depth in the frontcourt yet we added Reddick and Dudley. Our frontcourt depth has been going downhill and Blake and DJ haven't shown they have what it takes to win playoff series yet. I'm worried the outcome in the playoffs could be very similar to the last 2 seasons despite having much better coaching.

Clippersfan86
08-27-2013, 05:17 PM
So the Clippers have Hollins, Mullens and now Jamison coming off the bench. I really hoped for a better off-season. I have high hopes for what Doc can do for Blake and DJ but I wouldn't count it. SG and SF weren't really positions of need like depth in the frontcourt yet we added Reddick and Dudley. Our frontcourt depth has been going downhill and Blake and DJ haven't shown they have what it takes to win playoff series yet. I'm worried the outcome in the playoffs could be very similar to the last 2 seasons despite having much better coaching.

Can't look at it that way. I'd much rather prefer...

Mullens, Jamison and Hollins over Turiaf, Odom and Hollins in the frontcourt. More talent and more upside with Mullens. Then on the wings we swapped Bledsoe, Billups and Butler with Collison, Redick, Dudley and Bullock which again, I'd do given a choice. According to every formula and breakdown I've seen we hit a home run this summer and that doesn't include the biggest edition which is Doc.

It's obvious that Doc believes he can get a lot more out of Blake and DJ and given their age, upside and skill sets why wouldn't he feel that way? This team isn't going to get out of the 2nd round because of a backup big you liked more. It's going to get out of the 2nd round if Blake and DJ step up.

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Don't get me wrong it's been a nice off-season. I just think they came up one move short and it was the most important move. I don't agree that Mullens/Jamison will be better than Odom was last year. That remains to be seen. Odom was a solid player by playoff time. Say Blake gets hurt in the playoffs again, what then? I know the team is better and if Blake and DJ improve their playoff resume's this is all a moot point. It's just a little disturbing that the biggest weakness the team has had the past 2 seasons is still the biggest weakness.

Clippersfan86
08-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Odom actually wasn't a solid performer. The last 3 months of the season including the playoffs his defense declined rapidly. It was so weird to see a guy lose 27 pounds yet get significantly WORSE in that span. Which leads me to believe that he started doing drugs and that threw him off TBH. The point that if your superstars get hurt your team will struggle is obvious and goes without saying. What if Westbrook gets hurt? Well duh they got knocked out quickly when that happened. If any star goes down on a contender it normally has a huge effect.

The biggest weakness actually wasn't our frontcourt last year, it was a strength. Come playoff time, sure they played bad but people conveniently forget who they played. Both years now we played Memphis who has the most dominant, physical frontcourt in the entire NBA. They make everybody's frontcourt look bad. If we played say OKC instead we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Blake and DJ will need to step up this year and they know that (so does Doc). I'd rather depend on young guys with great potential to improve and carry more weight than to bring in a vet backup big off the bench and expect him to save the day. None of the bigs that would have truly helped us were in the right price range. Mullens has the skillset to defend well and with Doc's coaching I think he's going to surprise a lot of people on both ends.

MrfadeawayJB
08-28-2013, 12:46 AM
He doesn't offer much but he isn't a bad signing

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-28-2013, 03:19 AM
if you think Pau is soft...you havent seen Jamison

Chronz
08-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Don't get me wrong it's been a nice off-season. I just think they came up one move short and it was the most important move. I don't agree that Mullens/Jamison will be better than Odom was last year. That remains to be seen. Odom was a solid player by playoff time. Say Blake gets hurt in the playoffs again, what then? I know the team is better and if Blake and DJ improve their playoff resume's this is all a moot point. It's just a little disturbing that the biggest weakness the team has had the past 2 seasons is still the biggest weakness.
Yea but there isn't much we can do right now. If DJ has another strong start, lets hope that its here to stay this time. Mullens has been dreadful even in a career year but he has some promise. You never know when he might just put it together and have himself the type of year Channing Frye eventually had with PHX. You dont resign those players at big money like PHX did but its worth a flier on a low level salary at this point. I've never been a fan of Antawn, simply because of his defense and overrated rep as a stretch-4 but nothing is more important than DJ coming into his own this year. Blake can handle more minutes if healthy so backup 4/5 will be less of a problem. But yes, I will miss Odom, but do you think the guy stayed in shape? It took a long time for him to get acclimated last time.

if you think Pau is soft...you havent seen Jamison

Yea but at least he wont have a coach thats dumb enough to play him as a 3-man either.

OceanSpray
08-29-2013, 03:17 PM
we already have him, his name is rashard lewis.

Nah, Jamison is better than Rashard.

Clippersfan86
08-29-2013, 06:13 PM
For those *****ing.... the report today said the Clippers, Bulls and Pacers all offered Ivan Johnson a gig but he took more money to go to China. Stop doubting Doc/Sacks Cracka and co. The team knows what we need more than we do obviously, and tried to address it accordingly. If players don't want to come here or have other obligations all you can do is move on to the next best thing. I can think of much worse things than having Jamison as your 10th or 11th guy.