PDA

View Full Version : What "If" a Future Hall of Fame Player Did This...

Dade County
08-25-2013, 04:31 PM
An All-Star caliber Center, plays for a new team every year, after his rookie contract is up.

This Center is a combination of Alonzo and David Robinson.

This Center took the 1yr qualifying offer after his rookie contract ( so of course his team had to trade him, so they can get something back... And the new team will try disparately to convince him to stay ). They failed.

But this Center has it made up in his mind that he would like to play for a different franchise every year. How he goes about picking a new team, he looks at current roster's when free agency starts and sees who would greatly benefit from his decision.

Example:
Bucks would finish 8th or 9th in the east, but if he signed their, they would finish 3rd or 4th.

He takes pride in joining teams that super star players usually shy away from (but this doesn't mean that he wouldn't join a big market team... It depends on how much glory he would get from joining that big market team).

Background:

He spent 2yrs in college... 1 final four appearance... Got drafted top 4.... Spent 3yrs and change with the team that drafted him... Spent 50 games with the team that traded for him... Then he begins his journey, jumping from team to team.

He retries at the age of 34 do to injuries and ego (his mind set, if he is not one of the best why play ).

He went to the finals 3 times and won 2 titles ( 1 Finals MVP ).
He won 5 defensive players of the year awards
Lead the league in blocking, 7times
Scored over 19 thousand pts, in his career

Some Info on him:
Most small market fans love him
The media dislikes him ( 1 word answer to their questions, not talkative )
He got hurt in two playoff runs ( teams could not advance to next rd, without him)

dtmagnet
08-25-2013, 04:40 PM
He will never make any money and therefore won't do it. The end.

PhillyFaninLA
08-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't want someone that fickle on my team and they would never get the respect they could have, but when a contract expires you have the right to do what you want.....as long as teams are willing to sign him to one year deals (which they would not) then I don't see anything wrong with it

Ebbs
08-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I could get behind a 1 year journey man who shared his ability with multiple teams.

topdog
08-25-2013, 05:28 PM
It will never happen, but I think it would be quite entertaining. The real issue for teams/teammates would be loyalty knowing that the guy is leaving after the year is up. The issue for the player is that they have no financial security due to always signing 1 yr. deals.

KNICKS R BACK
08-25-2013, 05:31 PM
this is by far the stupidest thread of all time...where are the thread n@zis when u need them?... CLOSE THREAD, CLOSE THREAD (in my annoying nerd voice)

archdevil84
08-25-2013, 05:56 PM
this is by far the stupidest thread of all time...where are the thread n@zis when u need them?... CLOSE THREAD, CLOSE THREAD (in my annoying nerd voice)
shut up

I Rock Shaqs
08-25-2013, 06:15 PM

You just mad cuz the Knicks are trash and aren't even going to be the best team in New York anymore.

sfjdghkkjian
08-26-2013, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't want someone that fickle on my team and they would never get the respect they could have,

Dade County
08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't want someone that fickle on my team and they would never get the respect they could have, but when a contract expires you have the right to do what you want.....as long as teams are willing to sign him to one year deals (which they would not) then I don't see anything wrong with it

Yeah I am sure that organizations that normally can't get a star player to sign on with them (most small market teams) wouldn't want an All Star center on their team...

An all star player going to whichever team, would give that fan base life, and the rest of the league would take notice of this. After a full season with that team, the national perception might change for that franchise and stars might actually start to give that particular team a fare look.

I wouldn't want someone that fickle on my team and they would never get the respect they could have,

Some people might see it different... He might earn a lot of respect because he would be willing to join teams like the bob cats, buck...etc

And I don't see it as him being fickle, this is something that he wants to do.. He is not being indecisive, this is just something that he wants to do, mainly for small market teams that would really never get a shoot at a star player of his level in free agency.

jaydubb
08-26-2013, 01:03 PM
An All-Star caliber Center, plays for a new team every year, after his rookie contract is up.

This Center is a combination of Alonzo and David Robinson.

This Center took the 1yr qualifying offer after his rookie contract ( so of course his team had to trade him, so they can get something back... And the new team will try disparately to convince him to stay ). They failed.

But this Center has it made up in his mind that he would like to play for a different franchise every year. How he goes about picking a new team, he looks at current roster's when free agency starts and sees who would greatly benefit from his decision.

Example:
Bucks would finish 8th or 9th in the east, but if he signed their, they would finish 3rd or 4th.

He takes pride in joining teams that super star players usually shy away from (but this doesn't mean that he wouldn't join a big market team... It depends on how much glory he would get from joining that big market team).

Background:

He spent 2yrs in college... 1 final four appearance... Got drafted top 4.... Spent 3yrs and change with the team that drafted him... Spent 50 games with the team that traded for him... Then he begins his journey, jumping from team to team.

He retries at the age of 34 do to injuries and ego (his mind set, if he is not one of the best why play ).

He went to the finals 3 times and won 2 titles ( 1 Finals MVP ).
He won 5 defensive players of the year awards
Lead the league in blocking, 7times
Scored over 19 thousand pts, in his career

Some Info on him:
Most small market fans love him
The media dislikes him ( 1 word answer to their questions, not talkative )
He got hurt in two playoff runs ( teams could not advance to next rd, without him)

Not trying to be rude or anything, but why the **** would someone want to be on a different team every year?? It doesn't give a franchise time to build around this great player, ESPECIALLY since he's mostly going to small market franchises..

Dade County
08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Not trying to be rude or anything, but why the **** would someone want to be on a different team every year?? It doesn't give a franchise time to build around this great player, ESPECIALLY since he's mostly going to small market franchises..

Because he wants too ( it's a what If )...

If he wanted to be build around, he would have stayed with the team that drafted him. He wants when his career is done, to be remembered by all the fan bases he touched. Because like everyone knows already, their are a hand full of teams that are real contenders yearly.

He just wants to bring that to each city that he stops in. And I feel that most small market fans will love him for that one great year, because they would have never got a player like that in free agency other wise.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Is this Dwight Howard's biography?

WadeCounty
08-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I have always thought about this glad someone made a thread about it. I myself am more of a fan of certain players and the game more than I am of being a fan of a team. I would definitely root for a player that has this type of mind set, one who cares about the game of basketball and not one who stacks up for no real competition or only cares for the money in their pocket.

Not too many people can pass on a dollar, barely any would consider turning down millions not to mention he would be living in places not many people would like to live compared to LA NY and MIA. People currently root for players who have plain out said they don't like playing for their team due to either the city or the players, why on earth wouldn't they root for this scenario player?