PDA

View Full Version : Hibbert or Howard

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Who would you rather have for the rest of their career beginning now if you had to choose one?

RipCity32
08-25-2013, 12:54 AM
:laugh2: I think everybody is starting to overhype Hibbert a bit. I think the answer is hands down Howard.

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 12:55 AM
:laugh2: I think everybody is starting to overhype Hibbert a bit. I think the answer is hands down Howard.

If you watched Hibbert closely in the playoffs against the Knicks and Miami, you wouldn't think it's overhyped. Also, he's just going to get better, while I suspect we've seen the best of Howard.

RipCity32
08-25-2013, 12:59 AM
If you watched Hibbert closely in the playoffs against the Knicks and Miami, you wouldn't think it's overhyped. Also, he's just going to get better, while I suspect we've seen the best of Howard.

I've watched Monroe rip into Miami as well and the reason being is they are a small team. Not taking anything away from Hibbert because he is a good player but hes not on Dwight's level yet in my opinion.

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 01:05 AM
I've watched Monroe rip into Miami as well and the reason being is they are a small team. Not taking anything away from Hibbert because he is a good player but hes not on Dwight's level yet in my opinion.

I would agree with that. But the question is who would you rather have for the rest of their careers? I can see Hibbert having a coming out season like we haven't seen in a while, whereas I think Howard (who was always a bit overrated, IMO) has already reached his peak.

RipCity32
08-25-2013, 01:09 AM
I would agree with that. But the question is who would you rather have for the rest of their careers? I can see Hibbert having a coming out season like we haven't seen in a while, whereas I think Howard (who was always a bit overrated, IMO) has already reached his peak.

He would have to make a pretty good leap though. When Healthy Dwight is a 22ppg 14rpg type of center. While Hibberts best season so far has been around 12ppg 8rpg.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-25-2013, 01:09 AM

Yes, but that peak is pretty damn impressive. 3x defensive player of the year. Anything on the offensive side is a bonus - and Howard's still better at that end too.

Also had to check their ages. Howard is only 1 year older. I know Dwight's played several more years but you don't know that Hibbert won't go through knee/foot/back injury problems with his massive frame for the rest of his career.

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Yes, but that peak is pretty damn impressive. 3x defensive player of the year. Anything on the offensive side is a bonus - and Howard's still better at that end too.

Also had to check their ages. Howard is only 1 year older.

He's fallen off from this... And he's a psychological meltdown waiting to happen, especially now that he's out of excuses being "the man" with Houston.

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Include the injury situation, especially given the fact that Howard's BACK is faulty, I think a real case can be made.

RipCity32
08-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Include the injury situation, especially given the fact that Howard's BACK is faulty, I think a real case can be made.

I guess but Im also such a homer that I wouldn't give up Drummond for either one lol.

SportsFanatic10
08-25-2013, 01:22 AM

also dwight's attitude can be a drawback, but i still take howard. hibbert is a good center with potential but i don't think he reaches dwight's peak. he's gonna have to prove he can be more productive, and not just against small teams.

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 01:25 AM
I guess but Im also such a homer that I wouldn't give up Drummond for either one lol.

Nothing wrong with dancing with the one you brought.

JeremiahWing
08-25-2013, 01:26 AM
also dwight's attitude can be a drawback, but i still take howard. hibbert is a good center with potential but i don't think he reaches dwight's peak. he's gonna have to prove he can be more productive, and not just against small teams.

Again, the question isn't about whether or not he reaches Howard's peak, but who will provide the most production and be the best for their teams moving forward from now.

SportsFanatic10
08-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Again, the question isn't about whether or not he reaches Howard's peak, but who will provide the most production and be the best for their teams moving forward from now.

there is only a one year difference in age and i'm in no way convinced that hibbert will be the more productive player from now on. i do think hibbert can be very good though, just not howard good. dwight is clearly the better athlete, and they are both looking to improve on offense.

Bostonjorge
08-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Hibbert since he is going to smash the heat next year and beyond. Hibbert beating the heat next year is better then Howard any day.

SportsFanatic10
08-25-2013, 02:09 AM
Hibbert since he is going to smash the heat next year and beyond. Hibbert beating the heat next year is better then Howard any day.

lol you are such a troll and your reasoning is pathetic. howard abuses the heat too, miami is a small team it's expected. but howard also is more productive against all the other teams and i don't see why he won't continue to be.

todu82
08-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Dwight Howard.

abe_froman
08-25-2013, 01:49 PM
hibbert is getting a bit overrated,this is howard quite easily

Verbal Christ
08-25-2013, 11:55 PM
thread started off innocent enough, and then became yet another platform to bash D12 or to somehow discredit what he can do or imply nonexistent psychological issues. Nice Try OP.

JeremiahWing
08-26-2013, 02:24 PM
thread started off innocent enough, and then became yet another platform to bash D12 or to somehow discredit what he can do or imply nonexistent psychological issues. Nice Try OP.

????

Have you been under a rock these past few years? The dude's attitude has negatively impacted his last two teams, why is it wrong to assume that could possibly happen again?

rjkgr
08-26-2013, 02:37 PM
i would rather have roy than dwight cus dwight seems to be a cancer to good to teams but an allstar on bad teams